Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
An item that gives you the ability to bypass the 5 day wait period for evolution
Swine Flu
post Dec 28 2010, 11:46 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 102 949

Active Squad

I don't think that this was mentioned in the "do not suggest" thread, but I could be wrong.
It would be similar to heart scale, focus sash, or flame orb. It would make it so you wouldn't have to wait the five days to evolve a pokemon(for example, summer piloswine to summer mamoswine which needs a 5 day wait period). I think it'd be useful as heart scales and focus sashes are.

--------------------

Proof that members have a voice on this site: Eviolite's Suggestion

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Dec 28 2010, 11:58 PM
Post #2

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 523

My party

But what is the point? Except for explorations, there would be no point that I can think of right now.

The heart scale is good for mass-clickers: They can get one more spot quicker; same with flame orbs, in that mass-clickers can use them well. Focus Sashes are less so, but they can help you get battle achievements more quickly.

Also, what would the item be?

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
all that jazzy text no one cares about (click to show)
QUOTE(Ebola @ May 14 2011, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Megurine Luka and Crona @ May 14 2011, 10:23 PM) *
There is no feeling worse than unreturned love besides pain.
*Slams you against the wall and starts violently shaking you*
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

Swine Flu
post Dec 29 2010, 12:02 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Tortilla @ Dec 28 2010, 11:58 PM) *
But what is the point? Except for explorations, there would be no point that I can think of right now.

The heart scale is good for mass-clickers: They can get one more spot quicker; same with flame orbs, in that mass-clickers can use them well. Focus Sashes are less so, but they can help you get battle achievements more quickly.

Also, what would the item be?

You pointed out one: explorations, which are new, but it would also give them more room for extremely challenging explorations for those of us who are insane.

I have no idea what the item would be. I couldn't think of anything similar in game nor could I think of anything cool. It sounded like a good idea, but now that you ask me what it's point is...I have no other ideas.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Free Heart not H...
post Dec 29 2010, 12:17 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 66 492

Active Squad

Item could be called Link Cable. As to what's the point, well to bypass the 5 day wait period.

--------------------
+Quote Post

TheEdgeOfForever
post Dec 29 2010, 12:59 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 997

Nuzlocke Team

It would make more sense now, especially considering lots of the trade evolutions now have weather requirements...

--------------------
Click me! I click back!

+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Dec 29 2010, 01:44 AM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

QUOTE(TheEdgeOfForever @ Dec 29 2010, 12:59 AM) *
It would make more sense now, especially considering lots of the trade evolutions now have weather requirements...

This is why I support this idea. It's one thing to have to wait five days, it's entirely another to have to wait five days and then wait for the right weather. It could be another week or more (much more with weather like snow) before you're online and the weather is happening at the same time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Swine Flu
post Dec 29 2010, 01:49 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well, obviously these folks are smarter than I, but I agree. Maybe not the 5 day, but more the weather idea. Call it Weather Vane or something and it causes whatever weather that is needed to occur over said pokemon. Like Winter Vulpix to Winter Ninetales, it would be a small fixation of snow so it could evolve.

--------------------

+Quote Post

nokrow889
post Dec 29 2010, 02:23 AM
Post #8

what would you do for a Klondike bar?
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 628

Pokemon Pearl

if you make it about weather then it would become something on the do not suggest list i like the idea of link cable just bypassing the 5 day wait that way if you need to wait five days but the right weather is here now you can bypass the 5 days and simply evolve it

--------------------

Vdex
(me and my brother)

Group Banners (click to show)

+Quote Post

Free Heart not H...
post Dec 29 2010, 03:23 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 66 492

Active Squad

QUOTE(Nokrow889 @ Dec 29 2010, 02:23 AM) *
if you make it about weather then it would become something on the do not suggest list i like the idea of link cable just bypassing the 5 day wait that way if you need to wait five days but the right weather is here now you can bypass the 5 days and simply evolve it

This really, we aren't looking to bypass weather since well it wouldn't make sense.

--------------------
+Quote Post

YunikoYokai
post Dec 29 2010, 05:32 AM
Post #10

Cute, Cuddly and filled with Cookies
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 212

My Favourites

this would help so much...on the day my Hihidaruma was ready to evolve, there was a sandstorm...but I couldn't evolve it until 4pm because thats when I evolved! Come 4pm, no sandstorm >.> took me a week to wait for another one.

--------------------

Bug Bonanza (click to show)

Fire Frenzy (click to show)

Other Shinies (click to show)

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 29 2010, 06:41 AM
Post #11

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

Hm... it sounds interesting...

But isn't that the idea? I remember Zerx saying something about how it gets people to come back... If the weather they want isn't available, they have to come back to utilise it, right?

But, that link cable thing sounds... interesting. I don't think they'd do it for Weather evolutions, but more the Machoke > Machamp with a Macho Brace kind of thing? If that's what you're saying it to be used for...

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Dec 29 2010, 12:49 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

QUOTE(Samoo @ Dec 29 2010, 06:41 AM) *

But isn't that the idea? I remember Zerx saying something about how it gets people to come back... If the weather they want isn't available, they have to come back to utilise it, right?

But, that link cable thing sounds... interesting. I don't think they'd do it for Weather evolutions, but more the Machoke > Machamp with a Macho Brace kind of thing? If that's what you're saying it to be used for...

That's all fine and good but we do need to sleep and do other things in life you know. :P Chances are, if you're evolving pokemon you will come back to the site. I mean I'm here quite a bit and I still barely caught the snow to evolve my past misdreavus when I happened to check from my mother's computer since I wasn't home.

It would be useless with something that needed an item to evolve since the item will stay in your inventory no matter what, unlike the weather that you have no control over.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 29 2010, 12:52 PM
Post #13

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

QUOTE(Little Alien Girl @ Dec 29 2010, 05:49 PM) *
QUOTE(Samoo @ Dec 29 2010, 06:41 AM) *

That's all fine and good but we do need to sleep and do other things in life you know. :P Chances are, if you're evolving pokemon you will come back to the site. I mean I'm here quite a bit and I still barely caught the snow to evolve my past misdreavus when I happened to check from my mother's computer since I wasn't home.

It would be useless with something that needed an item to evolve since the item will stay in your inventory no matter what, unlike the weather that you have no control over.

When I said 'come back to the site' I meant like... just a lil check up xDD But yeah... I guess what you're saying is right

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Torrita
post Dec 29 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #14

The Optimistic One
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 523

My party

As an item to replace the five-day wait for evolution, I think it's a good idea. But to replace all waiting? Not so much.

--------------------
My GPXPlus party:

& &
all that jazzy text no one cares about (click to show)
QUOTE(Ebola @ May 14 2011, 09:25 PM) *
QUOTE(Megurine Luka and Crona @ May 14 2011, 10:23 PM) *
There is no feeling worse than unreturned love besides pain.
*Slams you against the wall and starts violently shaking you*
HE DOES LOVE ME! >(

Pixels
Tall
+Quote Post

TheEdgeOfForever
post Dec 29 2010, 11:15 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 106 997

Nuzlocke Team

I think that evolution system needs a revision. For example, Pokemon that evolve by learning a move could evolve with a new item (like it has been suggested a few times). Mantyke should just use its normal method of evolving (having Remoraid in the party), and the trade evolutions should just be when the weather/items needed are present. The 5 day wait, at least in my opinion, is really bad.
At most you make it so that Pokemon that change forms, like Deoxys in Aurora can only do that once a day.

--------------------
Click me! I click back!

+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Jan 6 2011, 06:11 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(TheEdgeOfForever @ Dec 29 2010, 11:15 PM) *
I think that evolution system needs a revision. For example, Pokemon that evolve by learning a move could evolve with a new item (like it has been suggested a few times). Mantyke should just use its normal method of evolving (having Remoraid in the party), and the trade evolutions should just be when the weather/items needed are present. The 5 day wait, at least in my opinion, is really bad.
At most you make it so that Pokemon that change forms, like Deoxys in Aurora can only do that once a day.

I think someone suggested a TM item at some point.

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Lacrymosa
post Jan 6 2011, 07:34 PM
Post #17

can u not
Group Icon

Member No.: 88 119

nyoom

That's a good idea, since sitting there and waiting for it to be the correct weather could be a real pain for people who can't spare too much time for gpx. After your 5 days pass, the required weather might not even appear for a while.. or it might just appear when you're sleeping and gah, you missed the chance for evolution, and you need to wait even more. So, getting a pokemon to evolve before 5 days, while you caught the correct weather.. sounds nice and convenient for people who don't have the time to stalk the weather all day. It could also be useful for the fifth gen competition, since there are many people who haven't managed to unlock Hihidaruma's second forme and few more, because of weather evolutions.

..For the name of this item, "link cable" sounds nice, yeah.

This post has been edited by Lacrymosa: Jan 6 2011, 07:35 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

unexistence
post Jan 6 2011, 09:46 PM
Post #18

Fan of Smash Bros, Pokémon, A:TLA, A:LOK, Zelda, things
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 681

Favorites ♥

QUOTE(G1zStar @ Dec 29 2010, 12:17 AM) *
Item could be called Link Cable. As to what's the point, well to bypass the 5 day wait period.

this this this
Also I thought suggesting this ever since the 5 day evolutions but I thought this was already suggested...

--------------------

GPXing sporadically.

+Quote Post

Swampert rox
post Jan 8 2011, 11:13 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 355

Current HeatGold team

QUOTE(Lacrymosa @ Jan 6 2011, 07:34 PM) *
That's a good idea, since sitting there and waiting for it to be the correct weather could be a real pain for people who can't spare too much time for gpx. After your 5 days pass, the required weather might not even appear for a while.. or it might just appear when you're sleeping and gah, you missed the chance for evolution, and you need to wait even more. So, getting a pokemon to evolve before 5 days, while you caught the correct weather.. sounds nice and convenient for people who don't have the time to stalk the weather all day. It could also be useful for the fifth gen competition, since there are many people who haven't managed to unlock Hihidaruma's second forme and few more, because of weather evolutions.

..For the name of this item, "link cable" sounds nice, yeah.

What about a TM item for the things that evolve by learning moves?

--------------------

Click to go to my party.

90% of teens would die if MySpace had a system failure and crashed.
If you are part of the 10% that would die laughing, copy and paste this into your signature.

QUOTE(5 Gum @ Nov 9 2010, 05:59 PM) *
If you play Justin Bieber songs backwards, you can hear messages from Satan. Even worse, if you play them forwards you hear Justin Bieber.

Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Cycloneblaze
post Jan 9 2011, 01:50 PM
Post #20

The Blue Comet
Group Icon

Group: Global Moderators
Member No.: 93 314

snappers

Firstly, this would be great. I had to wait about two weeks to evolve my Magneton. I bet when I'm in school weather I want will occur for five days straight and end when I get home >_> Also, Link Cable is a cool name.
And by a TM item, do you mean a generic item called "TM" or an item in a "TM" category called, say, "Ancient Power" etc. But would they (the Link Cable & TM) be an Evolution Item (ie: sold in the shop, and not just the Backroom) or some other thing not sold in the shop? If it's the latter, I'd never find one anyway, so I'd definately say they sould be sold in the shop.

--------------------
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 10th May 2024 - 08:48 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.