Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
A very special Pokémon~, For me that is.. :3
Deltamon
post Aug 13 2009, 07:20 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 56 286

Active Squad

Well, just like I said in the title.. I have one very special Pokémon that's importance goes past every other Pokémon out there.

Did you guess already what it is? Yes, you are absolutely right.. My very first Pokémon, which already was my favorite Pokémon even before I started the game, but the moment I got the game (Pokémon Red) during Christmas of 1998, I already knew before starting the game, that I would pick Charmander, since my favorite Pokémon from the very start has been always Charizard.

Naturally I did some beginner mistakes like teaching him Cut etc, those typical new player mistakes, but overall he was pretty good Pokémon and obviously he was also my first lvl 100 Pokémon too.. [Flamethrower, Fire Blast, Fly, Cut]
(when I moved him out of the Red, since you couldn't forget HMs there, I switched away the cut but can't remember what I replaced it with~)

But for the more sad part, my Charmy has now passed away because the cartridge battery of my Crystal finally ran out only bit over month ago, and within that save I lost countless hours of memories and over 120 lvl 100 Pokémons, including original Mew gotten from real life Pokémon event.. But the worst thing for me was, that also my Charmy was inside that cartridge.. sad.gif

R.I.P. Charmy
charizard.gif

But on a side note, I have reincarnated my old Charmy here (as my first hatched Pokémon btw) and he can be seen in my signature and most of the time in my party aswell, so let this be his final resting place - he served me well and deserves good place to rest~

--------------------

My dear ol' Charmy, oh how I missed you~
*Read more about my Charmy here*
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Ammolite
post Aug 13 2009, 07:22 AM
Post #2

Why do you wanna fight? Because I can't sing or dance.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 41 798

Joy Luck

Ahw, that's sweet~

--------------------

Click Mickey to go to my party!

Current favorite song:
Vincent,
by Malachi

Great gifts from friends. (click to show)
+Quote Post

Deltamon
post Aug 13 2009, 07:24 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Ammolite @ Aug 13 2009, 03:22 PM) *
Ahw, that's sweet~

What can I say, I wuv's my Charmy~ smugnod.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Smoke
post Aug 13 2009, 05:05 PM
Post #4

Tempted by Darkness
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 977

The Team

I feel your pain! noes.gif My Crystal and Silver games died, and I had 450+ hours on each. I'm recreating those that I remember, but my Silver game had 6 pokemon that were all that was left of my Red game, after the glitch with Missingno wiped out all my boxes and left only my party.

RIP CHARMY!

--------------------

^All clicks appreciated.^

Groups! (click to show)
Other! (click to show)
+Quote Post

MetroidHunter26
post Aug 13 2009, 06:03 PM
Post #5

Music Enthusiest
Group Icon

Member No.: 31 408

My Johto Team

I too have lost a special pokemon and of course it's a Charizard and also my Typhlosion they were like brothers in my eyes and both of them lv. 100 my ONLY lv. 100's and I lost my games T_T so you are not alone.

--------------------
GPX+ (click to show)

+Quote Post

JustNobody
post Aug 15 2009, 01:26 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 41 040

Active Squad

I know how you feel. My first pokemon is Chimmy the Chimchar. (Hey, Charmy and Chimmy's name are paralles!) He's a big lv.100 Infernape now and my baby. <3 My Crystal game died on me too, but I wasn't especially etached to any of those, I was just about to fight Clair. Everyone has a soft spot for their very first pokemon.

--------------------

I know you have no obligation whatsoever to click my team, but I hope you will do it anyway because I asked nicely and I will click you back. monocle.gif And because I have a monocole
+Quote Post

Eryth
post Aug 15 2009, 04:30 PM
Post #7

Even if I can't see the future, I'll keep walking.
Group Icon

Member No.: 26 202

GHOSTIES

Aww, poor, poor Charmy... T_T
*gives reincarnated Charmy a rawst berry*

--------------------
+Quote Post

alexissaanaito
post Aug 16 2009, 02:08 PM
Post #8

saanaito
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 109

happy team

YEAH I HAVED A GARDEVOIR HER NICKNAME WAS WHITE MAGE I LOVES HER,
BUT ONE DAY I WAS IN SCHOOL I LEAVE MY DIAMOND GAME IN MY ROOM MY COUSIN HATED GARDEVOIR AN UMM I ALWAYS TALK ABOUT GARDEVOIR
SOO HE GO TO GTS TRADE STATION AND CHANGED THAT GARDEVOIR FOR A SHAYMIN HIS FAVORITE POKEMON SHAYMIN
AND YES IT WAS TRADED, WELL IT WAS A SHINY ONE BUT MISS HER A LOT SHE WAS VERY SPECIAL irritated.gif crazy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Deltamon
post Aug 19 2009, 01:09 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Thanks for the replies, really appreciate them.. But alexissaanatio, could you please write without the caps...? .__.''

Anyways, I'm also sorry for hearing you others also losing dear pokémons to you.. Always very sad when that happens.. sad.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Usagi Zakura
post Aug 19 2009, 01:25 AM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 763

Team Awesome

I think of Charmander as my first Pokčmon too, although TECHNICALLY it was Squirtle.
I originally started as Squirtle, got as far as beating the second gym and then I restarted only the day after and got Charmander... because it was cuter (I picked Squirtle first because after having played the TCG I thought his only weakness was electricity, and that he was thus the only one who didn't have a weakness for any of the others... I had no idea they were also weak to grass at the time XD)
But those have all been deleted due to constant resetting.

--------------------

Uxie uxie.gif Anitarig giratina.gif Daisuke infernape.gif Weasley floatzel.gif Sceptile sceptile.gif Rika raichu.gif

+Quote Post

Demonic Ice
post Sep 15 2009, 06:01 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 442

Active Squad

I lost my level 100 Squirtle (Don't ask me why I chose not to evolve it...I was young and silly haha) when my cartridge died and stopped working. I was sad for days after sad.gif

R.I.P Charmy!
+Quote Post

bella1000
post Sep 16 2009, 08:35 PM
Post #12

Biggest Eclipse fan ever!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 930

Active Pearl Team

R.I.P Charmy........ that is sad. I can't imagine losing my Piplup, Woodwind, now. My precious baby...........

--------------------
Claimed by me!!!!Made by: Discarded.I love my growlithe! His name is Grayflame. *Pets gray growlithe*
GROWLITHE FOREVER!
~Credits!~ (click to show)

My party! (click to show)

Discarded Project! (click to show)

GROWLITHE FOREVER!!!Warning-Page stretcher (click to show)
+Quote Post

SabakuNoElli
post Sep 18 2009, 02:18 AM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 783

Active Squad

Poor Charmy... But I think even if he don´t exist anymore, he always remembers the time you had together. Same with my first Pokémon Blastoise. I miss him, but it´s my own fault. I deleted the data somewhen... crazy.gif

--------------------
I´m from Germany, so my English isn´t really good...
+Quote Post

methuselah alche...
post Sep 18 2009, 02:04 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 049

My Favorites

Awww, RIP Charmy...

That reminds me of my Typhy, my first Pokemon. Gold was my first game, and I chose Cyndaquil as my starter. I'd been planning getting him for months leading up to Christmas when I hoped to get my game and a GameBoy Color. So when I did, I just loved him. He hardly ever left my party, and was my first to reach lv100.

So when Crystal came out, I bought that one as well. I started with Chikorita on that one, but just didn't like it...

So now, years later, with HG/SS coming out, my friend and I had been talking about our old games. He asked me to check something, so I turned on my old Gold game. Ooooooh, the nostalgia!! I quickly checked what he wanted, then went to look at my old team. But...Typhy wasn't there. The one I most wanted to see. I checked my party, every box(which were fairly difficult to manage back then! lol), and the Daycares. He wasn't there.

Then, a terrible realization. I must have traded him over to my Crystal, who's battery had died a few years ago. I was like, "Nooooo! Typhy!!!"

So now, I've decided to bring him back once I get one of the new games. It's just like all those years ago once again. Eagerly waiting until I get my game so I can see my Cyndaquil...

--------------------

Click the Timewarp Torchic to get to my party~

Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Credits for the Blazikens made for me (click to show)

Etc. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Cursie
post Sep 18 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 51 080

Active Squad

That made my heart sad. D= RIP CHARMY!
That happened to me too, my Crystal died on me and I lost my precious Typholsion and Suicuine. I loved them so much, and yet they were just...gone. I was so sad.

I can't wait for HG/SS, maybe I can get them back! =3

--------------------
Aren't they so cute? ^^ Give 'em a hug! I always hug back.

ONE CLICKS:
>>><<<
Click this one please~

My LeafGreen Team
+Quote Post

Poppun
post Sep 20 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 800

Active Squad

Wait...can't you just replace the battery? Then you could bring Charmy back

--------------------

Click here to help me raise my eggs and Pokemon

I return clicking when ever I can, I'll almost always click your entire party when I do, and I give the correct berries, it would be great if you could do the same for me.

Find the reason why you feel and think the things you do, if you treat others with respect, respect will follow you
-Fred Penner

I claim:

Always and forever smile happy peace
+Quote Post

Niandra LaDes
post Sep 21 2009, 04:23 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 50 646

Favorites

Ah, this feels so familiar.

I know they are just a bunch of data, but... you spend hours training with them, maybe they have a nickname, they have the attacks you chose, they have a gender, a character and (in my case) it was the one, that managed to beat the Champ, after everybody else fainted. I never switch the Pokemon I get first into a box and it always has to be in the higest level of all and I absolutely avoid to faint it.

And now to the bitter part: My Typhlosion got erased.

It was the Silver edition. I didn't knew anything about the Pokemon of the "new" generation as I first started the game and I didn't want to, to keep me surprised about what is going to lay in front of me. When I had to chose a Pokemon, I immediately fell in love with Cyndaquil, after I've seen it. We fought, we had fun, and, as I mentioned before, Typhlosion was be one beating the champ.

But after a long time playing, I got bored and let the game laying around for a long time.

I don't know what happened to the game, but when I tried to switch it on one day the score was erased! They asked me to start a new game and I tried, but it felt so terribly wrong and I stopped on the same day and erased everything again. I felt really bad about that.

I rather continued to care for my Feraligatr in Gold, who I also like very much. Since that day I never touched Silver again.

--------------------
Visit my buddies, they feel sad.gif otherwise:

+Quote Post

Whistle Winstrat...
post Sep 21 2009, 10:59 AM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 52 637

Fave Type

I had a very special Pikachu I named "Queen", that meant just as much. She was the first Pokemon I ever captured, with the help of my dear Squirtle! I raised Queen as my strongest Pokemon without evolving her (not really as an homage to Ash's Pikachu, but as my own choice), and she Mega Punched her way onto Gold version to reach level 97, never ever getting boxed in the PC... and then I stopped playing for various reasons... and of course, Gold Version erased itself. -sadface- She had a good life, though.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 5th May 2024 - 11:19 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.