Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Last Hope, Discussion.
Painiac
post Apr 29 2009, 10:18 AM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 6 765

Active Squad

Prologue

Noise of riding truck was drowing out your thoughs. By small windows stretched by ceiling, some rays of light have been falling on floor. You have been sitting in angle on floor near some cardboards, observing other passengers. No one was talking, depressed and sad as you. Maybe by small windows? It is somewhat natural, because sitting in dark room rather isn't very good for mood. Maybe that no one has know where they riding? Fear of unknowed also isn't pleasant feeling.

Or maybe simply by war?

It was so sudden. Some ambitious people, whose wanted power were enough for this. Difference in opinion, hatred and stubbornly of couple of egoists. Team Magma and Aqua. Dome war. Using Pokemons for taking away lives of innocent people. Destroying cities. And you don't know if this is end of bad messages.

There was gossips about attacks from other countries. This is rather believable. But, gossips about waking up some legendary Pokemons from sleep, and more natural catastrophes?

It's so weird, unfair. You can't even predict which death you die, there's too many options. Like Mother Earth would want to wipe out human race for their's sins.

Rumbling in stomach of some small girl near you had snapped you from thoughts. She was about nine. Her appearance would be surely nice, with her long violet hairs, green eyes and red dress with flower markings, if not for dirt which she has been covered. Like every person here. Older boy with short hairs and black jacket, similar to her - surely brother - was taking out from his pocket completly dry piece of bread. Normally this was hardly chewable, this was so hard. But girl has gulped down this in no moment.
- That was last. You should divide it, as I always saying. You have to endure hunger now.-
Girl was silent. She have know this, and already divided portions of her food. But food can't be divided whole time. So, she haven't mood for reply.
- If I only had Pokemon... I would hunt some food with help of these...-
- Curse Pokemons! Thanks to them, our whole village was destroyed! Without them, war would be completly different! Not so savage!- Some histerical grandma was spouting now swears.
- War... War never changes.- Bass, hoarse voise silented peoples, whose now would argue with themselves. Owner of this voice had respect among villagers. He was always governing our Elfas, thats why. His white hairs and carefully maintained moustache was atribute of his knowledge, and his bruises on arms and face were maybe hiding mistakes from youth, or some mysteries. Maybe both.
- If not Pokemons, something else would be invented for killing. And not Pokemons kills, only humans controlling them.. This is plain difference. This young boy want Pokemon for good things. For protecting his sister.- Duke has started searching for something in his faded, now grey coat.
- Take this, boy! And use it for only good deeds, remember.- Grandpa trowed out Pokeball toward boy, whose now started to cry.
- I... I don't know how I should thank Mister for this... Words doesn't suffice...-
- You know, try to end this war, boy.-

Plot

First War has begun in 754, and main enemies of this conflict was bordering with themselves Johto and Kanto regions. Most powerful and recognized trainiers and sciencists, like Ash Ketchum, Professor Oak, Brock or Dawn have died before war; by opposing aggresive policy of Johto and Kanto, or simply by natural death. So, there was no one left to lead peoples for opposing war. There were gossips that politicians has been corrupted by Teams. So, peoples don't trust goverment's today. Also, number of commited crimes has been rising before 754, and to generally speak, humans were not as good as in earlier times.

This is easily explained by death of one Pokemon - Mew, which protected human hearts from becoming evil. But, this is only assumption from some old legends. And, is there a way to revive Pokemon, whose is practically unfindable?

Some peoples ran away from danger to mountains or other hardly accessible places. Some other never agreed to present state of things. They have been training with their Pokemons, awaiting for day, when they could stop war. Some other have been hunting for Legendary Pokemons, whose have rised up again, waked from their long sleep. Having Legendary Pokemon as treatening weapon could easily end war. Some other peoples have been infiltrating Teams Magma and Aqua, suspecting them for triggering a war. They hope that destroying a trigger will end war. Another peoples have no hope for ending conflict without bloodsheed, and they bravely fight in Johto or Kanto forces, to end this war quickly with victory of one side or another.

You have been living in small mountain village; quickly established two years ago by fugitives from different villages and cities. You, with your friends have been fiercely training to be strong enough to end this war. And day has come, to ambandon your families to set for adventure of your live. Do you succeed? Do you end this very war? Or do you die in random battle? This will be a test of your abilities; test, where you are betting your own lives.

Good luck, my friends.

Discussion

So, adventure would happen in normal Pokemon world, changed with war. Also, legendary pokemons would also have impact on events, like whole Johto city destroyed by Groudon for example. To add even more, Teams Magma and Aqua stealthy try to control situation to gain all profits for themselves. Our heroes will try to find solution for stopping war, like catching legendaries, destroying Johto or Kanto army, finding some sort of artifact, or maybe even take control over Team's and silently end war. And as everybody could see, this would be more serious session. I think about creating system, where you could fight amongside with your Pokemons. Like, you making some SwordTech, and your Chansey heals you, or Wartotle backup you. ,,Creating" is rather too big word. I think about adapting Fallout system for needs of session. Because in Fallout exists balanced melee and ranged weapons - I think about putting modern weapons in this session. Also Fallout system have comfortable features for PBF. Like, hardly changed stats (no changes, no problems with Exp and upgrades).

What you think about this? I would want know your opinion because simply I don't want to spend my time on creating game, when nobody want to play it. I have ideas, some experience with PBF roleplaying, so I believe we can make something great from this.

This post has been edited by Painiac: May 2 2009, 09:57 AM

--------------------
I will not be angry for warming/feeding, ya know. Always returned clicks.
http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showto...mp;#entry162375 I would be happy to hear your opinion about this.

,,The two Pokémon like each other a lot."
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Aislinn
post May 2 2009, 04:06 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 18 094

Active Squad

I actually... really like the sound of this. I'm rather surprised no one's commented. Though, that might be caused by either the size of the plot, or (and I apologize for how blunt this is going to be) how you wrote it.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Painiac
post May 2 2009, 05:59 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

How I wrote it? Umm... I'm from Poland and I haven't much contact in real life with english, so surely isn't possible for me to write almost poetically - RP posts needs more knowledge and abilities in given language, here English, from writer. So, I understand your point. Size of plot... I wanted to write something interesting, which could encourage people to discussion - this is not actually plot, only something what could happen in Pokemon world altered by war. And if somebody don't want read something because this is too long, it's only good for me - I do not want players who write one or two lines in post. I have been playing on RP forum, where main administrator have written once interesting, good post for 200 lines. Usual post have there about 20 - 30 lines. So, reading one session is like reading a good book. You can't describe something interesting with two sentences!

What I have written in disscusion also isn't plot, only things I have ,,trowed away" which could appear or not in plot. I wanted to hear your opinion before making plot. But, topic hasn't much popularity, so it haven't much sense. I'm going to write actual plot, etc. when I have time, without your opinion. There was enough time to write opinion, so I think nothing will appear anyway.

I'm rather sad that no one commented. No word of critique, no word of encouragement. I think this maybe isn't interesting for most people there. But, if there's even only one eager player, I will write some more, actual plot, etc.; give me only time.

This post has been edited by Painiac: May 2 2009, 06:15 AM

--------------------
http://forums.gtsplus.net/index.php?showto...mp;#entry162375 I would be happy to hear your opinion about this.

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post May 2 2009, 06:50 AM
Post #4

A Defensive, Protective, Fair, Happy and Playful Lion~
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 034

Roster in Diamond

I am friends with two people from Poland, they go to my school, they are very good at English. Your English is very good too even though you did make a few mistakes in the way you wrote. I like what you wrote, it was interesting and different. Also I think 200 lines is at least 2 and half pages of a book. I probably won't join because I don't think I am very good at writing but I might read it, it depends on what the plot is about.

--------------------
If any of my old friends want to contact me, please email me!
+Quote Post

Painiac
post May 2 2009, 07:05 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

You know, 200 lines was the hugest post for that PBF forum, and only hardcore admin as Him could wrote something like this. I had two post of about 100 lines size; usual size of post, as I stated before, was 20 - 30 lines. Good to know that I'm not bad at English at all happy.gif
PS: I've ended searching for history and actual map of Pokemon World (I would never assume that they do Pokemon world map as Japan map...), so I have to put some thought into it, and actual plot will pop-up soon.

This post has been edited by Painiac: May 2 2009, 07:11 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post May 2 2009, 07:19 AM
Post #6

Group Icon

Roster in Diamond

Wow, that is alot of lines, usually I don't write more than a few sentences to describe what my character does and what happens as a result of them doing that. I can write several paragraphs but that takes me hours because I like to try to make them perfect.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Painiac
post May 2 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

These two 100 line posts I write when I have been Game Master. GM have to write perfectly, so players can teach one or two things from his posts, and have also fun from RP-ing. His main task is to describing what hapenns, where players are, results of their actions and so on, to avoid god-modding and other stuff. So, one from this 100 line post was describing mainly desert, and players long travel to oasis. Being GM is duty, maybe pleasant one, but it is duty. I don't seen here much GM's - players in one group are GM's for themselves.
I would want to to make traditional session of RP, with Game Master.

This post has been edited by Painiac: May 2 2009, 07:49 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post May 2 2009, 08:08 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Roster in Diamond

Most of the time the people here just want to have something fun to do. No one here, from what I have seen, god-mods and if they did it was probably because they didn't know what god-modding was or they had permission to use the character. Or they just forgot it was god-modding and only noticed that they god-modded after someone replied to their post.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Painiac
post May 2 2009, 09:02 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I have also seen that - problem of god-modding doesn't exist. This is rather unimaginable, if you ask me. Anyway, I want be simply Game Master to make good session where anybody would have fun. I like being GM rather than player. To think about some interesting plots, accidents, to suprise my players, to grant fun. When player plays as his own ,,hero", GM plays all NPC-es. Good GM can do briliant session. But, bad one can make you not liking roleplaying at all. This all depends.

PS: Added plot. So I need now to think about game system and other mechanical things for making Sign-ups.

This post has been edited by Painiac: May 2 2009, 09:13 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

MoogleSam
post May 2 2009, 09:30 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Roster in Diamond

I am sure you are a great GM and will do a great job with this RP. Also I like the plot it is interesting and I have never seen anything like it before. I will definately be reading this RP.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 06:44 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.