Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Recon
Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 24 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

OOC (click to show)

Sagira rarely grumbled. It was unbecoming. But she was annoyed, to a degree that nearly traversed the level of pissed, so she was indulging in less-than-lovely habits.

Mainly, grumbling.

"What the hell do they think I am? I'm no damn dog - that's the mutt's position. They don't collar me, so they shouldn't be the ones telling me where to go, what to do, who to roll over for." She bristled. "Damn Elites. Sure, their pokemon are stronger, but I'd like to see any one of them kick ass like I can on their own." She took a moment to admire the metal claws on the ends of her gloves. She'd made them herself years ago, and she did a damn good job, if she had any say.

And her say was the only one that mattered.

Walking down the empty street, eyes narrowed on the pavement, she thought back to a few hours before, when her CO had called her into his office.

”I’m sending you on a new mission,” he said, observing her strongly. “You’ll be working with a new recruit.”

“A
new recruit?!” Sagira demanded, unable to rein in her temper. “What about the mutt? She and I worked well enough together!”

“Kylarian is working on a separate mission,” he said, choosing to ignore her loss of control. “I need you on this mission. It is of the utmost importance.”

Sagira stifled an annoyed growl. “What’s the mission, sir?” she asked through clenched teeth.

“You’ll be infiltrating a small Magma base.”

An entire base? she wondered.

“It’s located in an area of abandoned warehouses. They don’t believe we know about it, so the security is lax. You’ll need to find a way in. Once you’re in, you will need to retrieve two items.”

“A reconnaissance mission, sir?” she asked. He nodded. “Couldn’t someone else handle this?”

“This is a mission that
must be completed successfully, Smythe,” he informed her.

Is he forgetting that my last mission was a complete failure? That was hardly the mutt’s fault.

“The first item you must retrieve is a pokemon. A Vulpix, trained for two years by Aqua for the specific purpose of passing information from one base to another. It is to be captured
alive, no matter what. The second item is the disk it was carrying, which contains important information that we cannot afford to lose.”

He met her eyes, his expression hard. “You will be working with a new recruit from Sector B. The name is Lange.”

Great…

“Here are the coordinates where they were told to meet you. I don’t have any more information for you, but Lange is a new recruit, so I wish you luck.”

“Thanks a lot,” she muttered, but saluted him smartly. It was returned, and she left.

Sagira came to a stop at her destination: an abandoned factory building in the middle of a dead part of town. Her eyes roamed the immediate area. This was where she was supposed to meet her new partner. Temporary, hopefully.

Nonexistent, if she had her wish.

"Lange," she muttered under her breath. "What kind of name is that, anyway?"

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 24 2009, 11:18 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Jay Lange looked over the shelves and sighed. Crap, crap, crap. According to the guy who recruited him (his wrist still hurt from that cheap ass (You mean 'impressive') move he used to take Jay down), he needed to pick something to identify himself as an Aqua. He pulled out a blue sleeveless shirt and a bandanna with the Aqua symbol on it. He passed over the fingerless gloves. He liked to keep his hands free.

When he stepped back out of the closet, the guy was waiting for him. Jay adjusted his bandanna over his red hair and raised a brow.

"Got an assignment for you." The man showed him a slip of paper, but didn't hand it to him. "There's an abandoned warehouse at this address. Get there."

"You're sending me on a mission with no training." It wasn't a question per se, but he did raise an eyebrow. The recruiter smiled.

"This is your training. Be yourself, do what you need to do, but try to maintain an image of decorum while at the base. That's your training," he said, grinning, then held up the paper again. "Here's your first mission. There will be another person from Sector A. Goes by the name Sagira. Codename is Shadowcat. She's senior, do what she says, but don't let her walk all over you. Those sector A bitches think there fertilizer smells like roses," he grumbled. When he realized Jay was still there, he smirked. "Get to it!"

-----

Jay leaned against the wall of an abandoned warehouse. He tapped his foot against the wall and buffed his fingernails. For the first time since he left, they were clean, buffed, and not chipped. He pulled lightly at the knot in the bandanna. Not a bad look. He felt... good. He was on his way.

If only this "Sagira" person would get here. What kind of name was Sagira, anyway. It sounded like Bagheera. I bet he or she is real catty.

Ah. He slew himself sometimes.

Jay Lange was a lot of things. A decent martial artist. One of the few practitioners of parkour in the local regions. A decent stuntman, a good trainer, and an all around nice guy. The one thing he WASN'T, however, was patient.

"Where the hell IS Panther-dude, anyway?"

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 25 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"Where the hell IS Panther-dude, anyway?"

Sagira sighed. She didn't know what annoyed her more at the moment: the fact that her assigned partner was waiting at the wrong building, that she was once again assumed to be a guy, or that her partner was a boy.

She turned the corner of the building and stopped dead. Oh, Goddesses.

Sagira had found what annoyed her most about the mission, and it wasn't any of the three things that she had originally thought.

Her partner was hot!

Oh, hell, I did not just think that! she snapped internally.

But she couldn't deny it. Short red hair, electric blue-green eyes... they looked like ocean waters during a storm.

I'm doomed, she muttered, convinced that her mind was working against her. I'm going to kill that Elite. She met her companion's eyes. Right after I kill him.

Determined not to let her stubborn mind win, Sagira crossed her arms and cocked her hips to the side in a show of bored annoyance. "Lange," she drolled, meeting his gaze and lifting an eyebrow condescendingly. "I hope you accomplish missions better than you follow orders. You're standing at the wrong warehouse." She heaved a world-weary sigh and looked away from him. "Why do they always pair me with the idiots?" she asked in a tone that sounded as though life was against her. And why does this idiot have to be so damn cute? Shut UP, Sagira!!

This post has been edited by Umbrae Calamitas: Apr 25 2009, 01:29 AM

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 25 2009, 12:45 AM
Post #4

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

"Lange. I hope you accomplish missions better than you follow orders. You're standing at the wrong warehouse." Jay rolled his eyes and sighed, not yet looking in the direction of the voice. So Sagira was a She, which wasn't bad, and had a kind of smokey, husky, drawly voice, which was fun, but, evidently a stickler. And the sooner she realized that ordering was not the way to get Jay Lange to do anything, the sooner happiness would ensue.

"Yeah. Because going to the actual warehouse, where people were wouldn't attract magma attention, right?" He looked over at her, his eyes hooded, his face smirking. It would have been a really effective look except for one thing.

She was smoking HOT.

She wore a leotard that hugged her form, and it was a nice form. A very nice form. It was such a nice form, he was going to --

OK, OK, we get it, she looks good! She's still a snarky, stuck up, hot, pretty eyed,... what was I thinking?

"Are you an idiot? I think you're an idiot. The people ARE the cover." She crossed her arms and cocked her hips, canting them to one side, the belt that hung loosely on her waits tilting to the same side. He had to blink rapidly to stop from staring.

"I was told wait at an abandoned warehouse, OK? This one was aband-- Look, just, what's the mission?

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 25 2009, 10:19 AM
Post #5

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"If you were told to wait an abandoned warehouse - a specific abandoned warehouse, I might add – people should not concern you. Actually, nothing should concern you, except following orders. Get it, Pretty Boy?"

Oh, Ira, DO NOT tell the boy he's pretty. You'll lose yourself, even if he is... so... unfairly... oh, SHUT UP!

She noted with some distaste that he was looking at her. Closely. She narrowed her cat-like eyes on him, resisting the urge to test her claws against human flesh. Men tended to like showing off their battle scars. She'd give him a nice one. That'd shut him up proper.

She sighed heavily again. She had a feeling she'd be doing that a lot.

"Do you not listen during the debriefing, Lange, or are you just that stupid? Wait, don't answer that. I don't want you to hurt yourself." Flicking an errant lock of raven hair behind her shoulder, she regarded him with a look of disdain.

"Magma's got hold of a Vulpix that spent the first two years of its life under the close training of Aqua. She's a powerful little fox and one we don't want to lose. She was carrying a disk containing important information that Aqua cannot afford to lose. We need to get the Vulpix out of Magma's hands, and get the disk. Both are a priority, and they want the Vulpix alive, so don't pull anything stupid. I know how your kind are.

"Their side base of operations isn't heavily guarded on the exterior, because they don't expect us to know where they're at. Idiots, every one of them. Kind like you, Lange, so you'll fit right in if we need a decoy." She walked past the boy, both to head toward their destination, and to get his pretty face out of her line of sight. She continued speaking.

"My CO expects that they won't keep the Vulpix alive for long. We've got two days, at best. At the very least, a couple of hours. And that's if we're not caught." She glanced at him out of the corner of her eye. "What's your team, Lange? I hope you have a pokemon with at least half a brain. I need at least one person of intelligence on this mission, and you certainly don't seem to be cutting the cake."

As she said this, Sagira flicked both pokeballs on her belt, calling forth her companions without bothering with any fancy maneuvers. The pokeballs burst open. Her soft-violet Ekans, Serenity, materialized in her favorite position, around Sagira's shoulders, while Umbrae, an extremely protective Houndour, appeared in front of her, immediately searching for potential danger.

She smirked. Top that, Pretty Boy.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 25 2009, 04:36 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay smirked. "Oh, my team's right here. And, you're right,” he said with a smirk,” I’m gonna need a smart Pokémon to compensate for being partnered with you." He pushed the button on one of the balls on his belt, releasing a ralts, who floated in front of her. It had a black crest instead of a green one, and when it tilted its head up, the eyes were completely white. "Meet the smart one." Jay smirked at Sagira, then looked at Umbrae. "You're gonna like this, fella," he said to the houndour, releasing another ball. There appeared another houndour, looking around happily, her stubby tail vibrating. "This one's the happy one. Don't let her attitude fool you, though. She's tough.

He crossed his arms and grinned, smugly. "I wasn't briefed Bagheera. I was sent straight from being recruited. Call it a sign of the importance of this mission that they didn't even bother to give me the sitrep."

Inside, Jay was shaking his head, sighing, and fighting off a bout of depression. No relationships in foxholes. She's too much of a bi- a bi-... she's too focused. It would never work.

"Lead on, Boss Lady." He indicated with his hand, quirking a brow in a mirror of the look she had had on her face since she'd found him.

As they walked, he bit his lip, trying to hold back a laugh, unsuccessfully.

"What's so funny?"

"You really think I'm pretty?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 25 2009, 10:12 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira ignored Lange's comment, instead concentrating her attention upon his appearing pokemon. "Smart and pretty," she noted, taking in the Ralts and noting silently that she must have been blind, for her eyes were completely white. "That makes her twice the person you are, Lange." She turned her attention to the Houndour, also a beautiful pokemon. "Hrm... happy attitude, tough pokemon. Considering your attitude, you must be fairly pathetic."

She flicked her braid as she turned, hoping she'd catch him across the face with it. "Their expectations must be pretty low in your sector, Lange. You can't be worth much if they didn't even bother debriefing you." She smirked. "Or are you so vain that you think you don't need the training, Narcissus?" She tsked softly, shaking her head from side to side.

Umbrae, who had been studying the pokemon closely, glanced over at Jay and then mirrored the action, obviously unimpressed.

Sagira smirked.

After a few minutes of walking in silence, him following behind her, she heard a chuckle escape him. "What's so funny?" she demanded, annoyed.

"You really think I'm pretty?" he asked sweetly.

Her eyes narrowed. "Yeah," she admitted, and something inside of her cheered. "Pretty stupid," she added, and the cheering died abruptly, much to her pride's delight.

They didn't walk for much longer before they stopped outside of yet another abandoned warehouse. "Welcome to the Magma side-base," she offered sarcastically. "Please refrain from screwing up our mission." She pointed at the two guards outside of the building. The red-haired man with pale flesh on the right was joined by a Squirtle, and the black-haired woman with charcoal skin on the left had a Growlithe.

"What do you want? Light meat or dark?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 25 2009, 11:41 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Hinata instantly “looked” at her trainer and smiled. I like her. I know you don't, but I like her!

Jay sighed. He was disappointed, but he shouldn't have been. Aqua was an army, not some social club. Still, it would be fun to tweak her from time to time.

And it was fun watching her walk in that body suit.

Videl trotted next to Umbrae, glancing out at him from the corner of her eye. She yipped quietly, bumping him and wagging her stub. The other houndour simply sighed and rolled his eyes.

Hinata glanced between Jay and Sagira. She knew, of course, but it didn't matter. This little trollop wouldn't get her meathooks into HER Trainer Jay.

As they came up on the target warehouse, he eyed the two trainers.

"What do you want? Light meat or dark?"

Jay looked between the two. Videl could take the growlithe, but Sagira's houndour would just as much trouble with the squirtle as his would. Hinata would be needed to keep the guards at bay once the pokémon were down.

He smirked up at her, taking the opportunity to admire her dark braid. "I've always been partial to dark.” His mind locked for a split second. “Attack on three?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 26 2009, 12:09 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira smirked. "Three," she muttered, and then bolted from her hiding place and into sight of the guards, Serenity now wrapped tightly around her right arm, and Umbrae dancing and singing snarls at her feet.

She loved this part.

"Attack, Umbrae!" she snapped, and the Houndour wasted no time contemplating the command. Leaping forward with a vicious snarl, he rushed at the turtle pokemon, but was surprised to see it duck out of the way before he could make an attack. "He's fast," Sagira muttered.

"Tackle the damn thing!" the man snarled at his Squirtle, and Serenity tightened her grip on Sagira's arm, reminding her that she was ready.

Sagira smiled. "In a moment, Ren," she murmured, and then cried, "Smog, Umbrae! Keep it blind!"

Umbrae let out a bark of affirmation, before releasing a cloud of dark smog from his lips, consuming both he and the Squirtle. She could still hear Umbrae snuffling and letting off little yips - taunting his opponent no doubt.

Serenity hissed.

Or talking to Serenity.

There was a loud sound of pain, and then the Squirtle came flying out of the dark cloud to skid on the ground. Umbrae jumped out after the creature, chasing it like he might have chased a ball.

Out of the corner of her eye, Sagira saw the guard begin to move. No doubt to go and warn the Magma members inside the building. Now don't ruin the fun, she thought. Serenity seemed to sense her thoughts, because she wrapped herself still tighter around Sagira's wrist.

"Now, Ren!" Sagira snapped, and flung her right hand out like she was throwing a baseball. At the last moment, Serenity loosened her grip completely and, like they had practiced so many times, went flying through the air.

She landed on the guard's face and started snapping at him, hissing with as much vehemence as she could muster. The snake pokemon never liked touching people - she didn't trust them in the least - but she was neither a weakling nor a coward, and they had used this move often.

Serenity snapped at the man's face only a few times, before slithering around his neck and dropping silently to the ground, careful to avoid the man's tromping feet. As expected, the guard continued to dance, searching for where the snake had disappeared, afraid to be bitten. Serenity slithered near Umbrae and his opponent.

"Howl, Umbrae!" Sagira called out, and the Houndour tilted his head back and released a defeaning, beautiful cry, causing the Squirtle to flinch in surprise, Serenity slithering up behind him. "Wrap him up, Ren!" she called.

The Ekans hissed and moved with lightning swiftness, curling her body tightly around the Squirtle's torso, making certain to wrap herself tightly around his arms and head, as his shell was hard to squeeze. The Squirtle let out a cry of surprise and fear, but Serenity paid it no mind.

"Leer, Umbrae!" Sagira called. "Ren, bite him!"

Hissing, Serenity reared back, before striking abruptly at the Squirtle, sinking her fangs deep into his flesh, drawing forth both blood and a cry of pain. "Drop, Ren!" she snapped, and the Ekans obediently released her hold on the Squirtle, slithering quickly out of striking distance. "Ember!"

Sagira knew the fire attack would do next to no damage, but it would blind the Squirtle, yet still leave them able to see. Umbrae was fast with the flames, striking the Squirtle in the eyes, and Sagira called, "Poison Sting!" Serenity replied in kind, snapping off a fierce array of poisoned barbs at the staggering turtle pokemon.

"Water Gun, one o'clock!" the guard cried, finally back in the fight, aware that he was free of the Ekans' torment.

The Squirtle obediently fired off a Water Gun at the guard's direction, and Umbrae let out a yelp of surprise as he was flung off of his feet and hurtled back. "Tackle the snake!" the guard cried.

Sagira immediately yelled, "Poison Sting!" and Serenity beat the Squirtle to the punch, blasting him in the face with another bout of poisoned barbs. "Bite him!" Rearing back, she lashed forward and struck, sinking her teeth into the blinded pokemon once, and then again in quick succession.

The Squirtle let out a pathetic whimper, and collapsed to the ground.

Wary of the guard, Serenity quickly slithered over to Sagira and up her leg, wrapping herself deftly around her wrist, rather than her neck, while Umbrae made his way back to Sagira's side, sopping wet and looking decidedly unpleased.

Sagira turned to see how Lange was fairing, annoyed that he had chosen to take the woman.

I hate water pokemon.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 26 2009, 01:17 AM
Post #10

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay opened his mouth to count when Sagira dashed out. He closed his eyes and sighed. He shouldn't have been surprised. She was impulsive, angry, and seemed to need to prove herself. And incredibly hot... tempered! Hot tempered!

Hinata sighed and shook her head, pulling on the hem of his shirt. He shook his head rapidly, muttering under his breath about impulsive women. He hadn't actually intended to take the girl, he was commenting on Sagira's hair, but he'd paused at the wrong time to admire it, skipped a part, and Sagira took it as a choice.

Wait, was that how it happened?

I assure you, it was.

Jaima pressed his lips together and whispered his command to Videl. Videl leapt from their hiding place, howling, at exactly the same time Umbrae did. The twin howls caused the growlithe to freeze, but only briefly. He was brave, that was for certain. "Stand your ground, Videl!"

"Ember," snarled the girl, sneering as her pokémon shot fire out at the dark pup. Videl braced herself, and as the fire touched her skin, it flashed and disappeared, doing no harm. The Magma grunt narrowed her eyes.

"A fire type, is it? You should be with us!"

Jay sneered. "You should be out of this town, so neither one of us are in the right place. Videl, howl again, then use smog!"

Videl raised her head and gave out a loud, bone chilling howl, then released smog from her mouth, covering the other puppy pokémon with a noxious gas.

"No! Kindling, use Roar! We need time! Scare them away!"

The growlithe coughed, then raised it's head and opened it's mouth.

Nothing came out.

"Wh-what?"

Hinata floated behind Jaima, her white eyes glowing, the veins around them bulging in a weblike pattern. The puppy's eyes bulged, and then it fell, sleeping.

"What? How... ho-... so... so tired..." The girl slumped against the warehouse, eyes closed, sleeping.

Jay turned. "You ok-" He needn't have worried. She was standing over her opponent, arms crossed, eyebrow raised, as if to say "what took you so long?"

"Asleep? Afraid to hit a woman?" She sneered at him, and he rolled his eyes.

"The thought is getting more and more attractive." He grabbed the guy around the shoulders. "Help me pull these idiots around a corner. That'll buy us some time."

She didn't move, and he rolled his eyes. "What's the matter, kitty too good to sweat?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 26 2009, 10:00 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"I actually defeated my opponent," Sagira retorted, raising a slender eyebrow, "rather than relying on putting them to sleep." And you had the easy opponent. I had to fight a bloody Squirtle! I hate water types! "However, Hinata," she added, smiling at the Ralts, "that was an extremely smart move, and very interesting to witness. You have a lot of power, for a little thing." She looked back at Jay and flashed a smirk. "Lange. Stop lazing around." She motioned toward the collapsed trainers.

As he dragged them away, grumbling to himself, Sagira looked down at Umbrae. The Houndour was gazing at Jay's Videl with a look of curiosity. He felt her stare and met her eyes with his own crimson orbs. You know, she thought, aware that he would understand what she was thinking; it was something he had always been able to do since they bonded. She wished it was a mutual power. Just because I don't like him, doesn't mean you can't be friends with his pup.

She would never say this aloud, lest he hear her, but Umbrae and Serenity meant the world to her, and therefore, so did their happiness.

Understanding, as she knew he would, Umbrae let out a bark of appreciation and trotted over to where Videl and Hinata were, sniffing them both, before barking at Hinata in what Sagira assumed was a conversational tone.

Dogs, she thought to herself, fondly considering Ivy. She never thought she'd see the day when she missed the mutt.

Back around her shoulders, Serenity hissed affectionately in her ear, and Sagira laughed lightly, the touch of the serpent's tongue tickling her. "Enough, Ren, I'm back, I'm back." She smiled. "Sorry, girl." She did it again - fading out. She wondered, like so many others, where she went when she did that.

Jay came back (or maybe he'd been waiting, watching her), and she regarded him with a look of disdain. She was glad she was so good at those looks, because she would be blushing at his ruffled appearance otherwise. She better not start. She'd have to kill him if she was blushing.

"If you're done fooling around," she snapped at him, "we have work to do." She entered the warehouse, Umbrae having already sniffed out the perimeter and raising no alarm as to the presence of other guards. She made her way into the darkness, confident that he would follow.

She was sure he walked behind her just to stare at her ass.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 26 2009, 12:03 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Please stop looking at her butt, Trainer Jay, we need to concentrate on the mission.

Jay rolled his eyes. Great. Who's side are you on, anyway?

She thinks I'm smart, and she thinks I'm strong, and she didn't dwell on the fact that I'm blind. So, hers. Accompanying the mental conversation was an image of Hinata with a lickilicky's tongue giving him a raspberry.

Yanno, I have some pink body paint back at the base if you like THAT look.

Hinata faltered, then her voice came, small and contrite. I'll be good.

Jay risked a smile, looking around the hallway. He was walking with his knees bent, as close to where the shadows covered as possible. He was wearing his uniform, but the blues seemed to stand out. Damned elites, it was almost as if...

2+2=... Arceusdammit!

"Sagira," he whispered, reaching out to grab her arm. It was a mistake. She yanked violently, and the ekans at her shoulder struck, only missing because she pulled away.

"Don't touch me," she growled, shaking in rage. He put his hands up, backing away a step.

"Whoa, calm down. I just need to talk."

Tell her decaf is her friend! Jay sent an image of Hinata with a pink head, and she quailed.

"Look," he whispered hoarsely, "this is too easy. If the vulpix is all that important, why not send more than one agent and a rookie?"

Sagira narrowed her cat eyes. "What are you saying?"

Jay leaned in close, careful not to touch her. "What if we're the distraction?"

As he finished his warning, the lights came on in the hallway. "Hey! Who're you?!"

Jay and Sagira pointed at the same time, sending Videl and Umbrae at the Magma. He'd barely gotten his pokemon out in time. Unfortunately for him, it was a drowzee. Umbrae attacked high, and Videl low, both launching embers at the Magma's pokemon, who's retaliating confusion attack merely washed over the two with no effect. Sagira hissed, and Jay risked a look behind them. There was another, red headed female Magma there, cutting them off.

"Take Umbrae, I'll take the guy this time!"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 26 2009, 10:23 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

BAIT?! Sagira hissed internally, golden cat eyes narrowing to slits. I'm fucking bait?! Every muscle in her body seemed to tense and she could almost feel her hair rise in response to the static charge of her anger. "I am going to kill that Elite!" she snarled, with such vehemence that Jay stepped back in surprise.

Umbrae growled in obvious agreement, but Serenity was tense around her shoulders. The small serpent had been the victim of too many cruelties, and if not for herself, then Sagira was livid for Serenity. It would have been different if they had been warned, but there was nothing! They weren't told anything and had been left in the dark, treated like tools instead of people.

Sagira was tempted to join Team Magma, just so she could have the honor of slaughtering that son of a bitch she called a CO.

Right now, she wanted nothing more than for a Magma grunt to appear so she could tear into someone. She was pissed, and her arm felt like it was burning where Jay had touched her. It didn't hurt, but it had surprised her, and she had been hurt enough by other trainers to come to expect any touch to be painful. Her reaction only served to anger her further and, like a loop effect, she simply kept getting more and more pissed off. She wanted a scratching post - preferably one that would react. That always made it more fun.

"Hey! Who're you?" a member of Magma called, as the lights suddenly flared on.

"Ask and you shall receive," she quoted, and glanced at the Magma grunt out of the corner of her eye. Videl and Umbrae didn't need a command, attacking the man's pokemon before it had even fully materialized. She figured they were probably almost as pissed off as she was.

She hissed when she saw the second grunt; not because she had surprised Sagira with her appearance, but because Sagira recognized her.

"Well, well, well, if it isn't the little pussy cat and the worm," the woman greeted.

"Ezira," Sagira snarled, the word escaping her mouth more like a curse than a name.

The woman laughed. "So you remember me, Iris?" the woman asked, using Sagira's given name. "Good. That will make this all the more fun."

"I agree," Sagira replied, just as Jay informed her that he would handle the man. "Umbrae! We have a score to settle!"

"I'm no more afraid of you than I was when we were kids," Ezira sneered.

"Then I guess it's true," Sagira retorted. "You can't have brains and big tits."

Ezira's eyes narrowed and she grabbed the single pokeball at her belt.

Sagira knew what Ezira's pokemon was. A Chikorita named Shinri, with strange black veins running through the leaf on her head. The creature was as cold-hearted as her master, and Sagira was not one to use that term. She would never claim to be master of her pokemon; she was their companion. But Shinri served Ezira like a slave, and Ezira treated the Chikorita like one.

Sagira had no pity for people or pokemon who brought such miseries upon themselves.

"Ember!" Sagira cried, as Shinri materialized from her pokeball.

It was obvious that Umbrae recognized them, too, for his attack held a ruthlessness that Sagira had seen only once before - in a battle just like this, but with Ezira having one more pokemon on her team than Shinri.

But that pokemon would not be called forth again.

The Chikorita let out a squeal of pain as Umbrae's attack struck her form, and she jerked away as the fires bit at her harshly.

"Shinri! Use Vine Whip!"

Recovering from the fiery attack, the Chikorita did as she was bid, whipping out her thin green vines and striking Umbrae viciously with them. Sagira winced. She knew the attack well, and she sympathized with her pokemon. She had once been on the receiving end of that attack, and while Shinri had a killer Razor Leaf, there was not a pokemon she had met yet that could top the grass-type's Vine Whip. It was Shinri's signature move, and she wielded the vines with a vain cruelty.

"Again!" Ezira cried.

"Dodge it, Umbrae!" Sagira cried. "Evasive maneuvers and Ember!"

They had trained for this, and Umbrae pulled it off well. Dodging to the left to avoid the Vine Whip, he kicked his paws harshly against the ground and leapt to the right, running a few feet before jumping to the left again, all the while making his way closer to the confused grass pokemon. She didn't know which side he would attack from, so when he faked to the right, she turned to be prepared to cut him off, only to receive a fire attack in her right flank for her sloppy gullibility.

"Stop fooling around, Shinri, and get that mutt! Razor Leaf!"

Umbrae ducked down, a few of the leaves only grazing his fur as they flew by overhead. The moment that he was clear of them, he rose to full height, threw back his head, and howled a bone-chilling cry that caused the Chikorita to falter.

"Flame-broil her hide!" Sagira cried, and Umbrae didn't hesitate, leaping forward with flames eagerly bursting from between slathering jaws. Shinri cried out as the flames bit at her. If Ezira cared at all for her pokemon, she never would have faced Sagira. Ezira knew she had a Houndour, and Shinri, however strong, was still horribly weak against fire-type pokemon.

But she wasn't helpless.

When Ezira called for another Vine Whip, Umbrae had been in the process of charging at her with flames dancing on his tongue. The whip-like vines, however, mercilessly rained down over his face, and Umbrae reared back with a yelp of pain, as his eyes were slashed brutally.

"Umbrae!" Sagira cried in concern, as the Houndour pressed his face against the floor in agony.

"Razor Leaf!" Ezira called.

"Smog, Umbrae!" Sagira cried, and the Houndour obediently released a consuming cloud of poisonous gas. Sagira didn't know if the canine pokemon would recover from the attack on his eyes, or if Shinri had done any permanent damage, but at least with the smog, she was also blind.

Of course, so was Sagira.

She didn't like not being able to see her pokemon battle. She felt even more useless without being able to shout suggestions, and she had never been the kind of person to enjoy being left in the dark, as much as she loved the shadows.

She was staring intently into the dark cloud, searching for any sign that Umbrae was okay, so she didn't notice that Ezira had moved from her spot on the other side of the battlefield, until the woman's hand was around her throat.

Sagira winced in pain when she was slammed roughly against the wall, Ezira's hand pressing forcefully against her windpipe, blocking her air supply. Sagira struggled, but Ezira was bigger and stronger than she was, and she had made the smart move of grabbing Sagira's clawed hands and pinning them, as well. Sagira tried to kick Ezira, but to no avail, and she began to feel slightly light-headed from the lack of air.

"You really are an annoying little pest, you know that?" Ezira asked, her face very close to Sagira's - so much so that she could feel the warmth of the woman's breath ghosting over her cheek. "And I've had quite enough of these silly games," she continued, "so I think it's time we end this now."

Sagira struggled weakly against the hand on her throat, but there was little she could do, and the light-headedness had led to dizziness, and now Sagira's eyesight was blurring. Her eyes were wet, though she wasn't sure why, and her lungs hurt because she couldn't breathe, and she knew she was going to have a bruise on her neck when she woke up.

Wait, was she sleeping? It sure felt like she was falling asleep...

Distantly, she heard a familiar howl, and it sounded the same as when Umbrae had saved her and Serenity before, and then there was a loud, angry hissing by her ear. A rush of wind as something moved very fast by her cheek, and then a cry from a human throat, as the pressure left her neck.

Sagira felt the wall against her back as she slid down it, and she wasn't sure why, but she was tired and she hurt and she thought sleep sounded really good right now.

There was a hiss of fear and someone was barking, but Sagira just let the world tilt to the side as shadows claimed her.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 27 2009, 01:53 AM
Post #14

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay took her reaction to the thought that they might be decoys in stride. He couldn't blame her for being upset, but she was starting to shake. If something didn't happen soon, he's be in for a scratching from those metal claws on her fingers.

So he was actually happy when the Magma showed up. Now he had to deal with one while Sagira dealt with the other. He heard there was history between them, and he heard the names (he actually wondered who the hell Iris was until he realized it must be Sagira's given name. Iris Sagira. It was a nice name.). And then he was busy with his opponent.

The man was standing in clenched toothed fury, his machop holding up an arm, but also glaring at the Aquas in the middle. "All right, you waterbound punk, you may have beaten my Angel! Now it’s time to get soaked in the SWEAT OF THE FIGHTING TYPE!" He pointed his finger dramatically, with his machop doing the same.

Jay crossed his arms, Hinata floating next to him and Videl growling in front of him. His eyebrows went up, and a look of incredulity spread across his face. "Seriously? 'The sweat of the fighting type'? Is he a 'fist that will punch it's way to the heavens' too? Who writes your script?" Hinata giggled, and even Videl sat down, growl-chortling.

"You will pay for that disrespect, whelp!" He pointed at his machop. "Tyson! Don't believe in yourself, believe in me who believes in you! Destroy all who stand before you!"

"MACHOOOOOOOP!" The small fighting pokémon dashed forward, fist cocked back, toward Videl, who's eyes widened in terror.

Now, Hinata!

The air above Videl shimmered and lashed out, careening toward the machop, which was rammed head on with the psychic power. It stopped in it's tracks and stepped backward, reeling, it's eyes looking back an forth as if surrounded suddenly by multiple enemies.

Hinata moved forward, floating, her arms spread. The skin around her eyes were patterned with bulging veins, and she moved herself between Videl and Tyson.

"What is this? A small fry to battle my mighty Tyson?" The man laughed, a harsh, guttural laugh, and pointed at Hinata. "Double Kick, Tyson! Put it away so you can deal with the devil dog!"

Instead of launching a kick at Hinata, however, Tyson turned at the wall, kicking it. Then he turned toward his own trainer and kicked him.

"OW! Tyson, snap out of it!" Instead of backing away, the trainer stepped forward and launched a ringing blow at the head of the machop, sending it sprawling. "How dare you attack your master!"

Jay's lip curled, but he simply gave another mental command to Hinata, who repeated the confusion attack. The machop fell to one knee.

"I'd recall that pokémon, if I were you," Jay said, his voice low. "He won't be able to take another attack like that."

"Screw you, kid! Tyson, Dynamic Punch!" The machop tried, but instead of punching toward the air or toward the ralts, he punched himself in the face, hurting himself in his confusion. The Magma swore.

Jay shook his head. "Hinata, take him out." He looked away as the air curdled between Hinata and Tyson, and the machop's cry rang throughout the hall.

"Little shit," the man raged, and Jay turned in time to see him charge Hinata, who, while she could read the man's aggression, couldn't pinpoint where he was coming from.

Jay stepped forward and deflected the man's fist before it could reach the pokémon. "Big. Mistake." Before his larger opponent could recover, Jay launched a fist at his jaw, pushed him into the wall, grabbed his hair and rammed his forehead into the wall. The man went down like a ton of bricks.

Hinata was shaking but all right. Videl was busying herself leaving a gift for the man in a stream of urine on his leg. "Gross, Vid," was all Jay said.

He turned to see how Sagira was faring, only to see her fall as her opponent ran away, recalling her fainted pokémon. "Shit!" He lurched forward, catching her weight as she started to fall sideways on the wall.

An ekans struck from off her shoulder, knocked aside by the fall, and that was the only thing that made her miss. She hissed a warning, and Jay had to let go as she coiled to strike again. Videl stepped forward, barking like a mad dog, and Umbrae stepped between her and the ekans, growling.

"OK, that is ENOUGH!" Jay grabbed Videl by the nape of the neck, pulling her back with a yelp. He faced the snake, hands out. The ekans hovered over Sagira's head, still hissing.

"Serenity, was it? I need to make sure she's all right. I'm not going to hurt her. I need to know she's not hurt badly, and I may need to carry her." The snake did not budge.

"A little help here, Hina?"

Oh, she's not listening to me. She's terrified for Trainer Iris.

"Videl, can you talk to her?" Videl bristled, but tried. The snake merely hissed harder at her. Jay swore.

Umbrae stepped forward, speaking to the ekans. "Houn."

The ekans looked at Sagira's houndour as if he'd personally betrayed her, but he continued. Finally, she backed down, sliding from Sagira's shoulder to Umbrae's back. She was still poised to strike, but at least Jay could check Sagira.

She is breathing, Trainer Jay.

"How do you know?"

Her chest is moving.

Jay closed his eyes in relief. "Thank goodness. I didn't even think to check her chest."

Yes, and you can't tell if she's breathing by watching her butt.

Jay glared at Hinata, but instead of sniping back, simply lifted Sagira onto his back and started down the hallway, trying for all he was worth to ignore the nice warmth she emitted, and her chest against his back.

Hinata sent an image of Sagira and the Magma she fought, highlighting the difference in her their chest sizes. Jay blushed. Knock it off.

You don't like them bigger? Hinata asked innocently, truly innocently.

"No," Jay mumbled. "Besides, no way those were real."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 27 2009, 11:19 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira woke all of a sudden, not dazed, but neither was she entirely coherent. She didn't move but remained completely still - a reaction to unfamiliarity that she had gained over time and practice. She kept her eyes closed as she tried to figure out where she was, and what had happened.

There was a pokemon battle.

Oh, right... Ezira and Shinri. Umbra had been kicking Shinri's leafy butt, but she had slashed him across the eyes. And Ezira had been strangling her, and Ren... REN!

Sagira sat up abruptly, which proved to be a horrible mistake. Not only did throwing her eyes open to a room brightly lit completely blind her and give her an insane headache, but pain spasmed through her back and across her throat, causing her to collapse back onto the floor with a groan.

The very hard, very concrete floor.

Warehouse, she told herself, we're in the warehouse. She drew a shaky breath, the action causing her throat to clench in pain. Damn that bitch, anyway.

"U-Umbrae," she whispered, her voice hoarse and croaky. Damn, the girl had done some damage. Well, what else was new? They couldn't meet without someone getting a new scar.

She heard paws striking the floor and then a shadow appeared over her. Smiling, she reached up and grabbed the hulking pup's neck, pulling him down against her and hugging him tight. "Thank the goddesses, Umbrae," she whispered, shutting her eyes and burying her face into the dog's soft fur. "You okay?"

Umbrae let out a huff of breath and then a whine, obviously declaring that she shouldn't be the one asking that question.

"I'm okay," she mumbled, but at his soft growl, she added, "I hurt." She remembered Ezira had shoved her against the wall with a good deal of effort, so she supposed that made sense.

Umbrae woofed in understanding, and then pulled away from Sagira's hold. She let him go and, as she had anticipated, he sat down and waited for her. Smiling at his care, she slowly rose to her feet, gritting her teeth in pain, but not uttering a sound. She wouldn't even give the silence the satisfaction.

She staggered a little when she finally made it on her feet, a tad disoriented and dizzy. No doubt that was a little left-over from when Ezira was trying to kill her.

Swallowing thickly, trying to ignore the pain in her throat, Sagira studied the room she was in. There were two doors, on opposite ends of the room, and the one was barricaded off with... a desk? That was way too heavy for anyone to push.

Maybe Hinata moved it, Sagira mused. She was fairly sure that the pretty Ralts could use telekinesis, but her brain was a little too muddled to think of any situations at the moment.

Thoughts of Hinata brought thoughts of Jay, and she wondered where the boy was. He better not have gone off to do this mission alone, she thought. We're supposed to be a team.

Yeah, a voice in her head commented snarkily, and you were being a wonderful help, letting yourself get taken down by a bully.

"Shut up," Sagira mumbled, sitting back down, a wave of dizziness coming over her. A small hiss sounded from behind her, and then soft scales were rolling over her flesh, and Serenity made her appearance and slithered up her arm, to rest in her customary position on Sagira's shoulders.

"Hey, Ren," Sagira greeted with a tired smile, massaging her throat. She wondered what happened to Ezira. She hoped the girl hadn't warned the other Magma members. Maybe this was a cell...

"And where's Jay?"

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 27 2009, 06:38 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay found an empty storage room with a single desk. Probably some schmuck's office when this place was actually a warehouse. The most important part, he discovered through the benefit of having a dark pokémon on his team who could sneak, and a psychic who could talk to the aforementioned dark type, was empty.

He lay Sagira down and watched as her houndour and ekans took up sentry near her. The ekans especially seemed upset, but did not try to retaliate again now that Sagira was relatively safe.

He heard a scrape, and looked up. Hinata was telekinetically moving the large, heavy desk against the door opposite the one they had come in.

"Wait, Hina, let me help."

I got it...

The desk scraped several more times, but if the noise was heard, it wasn't reacted to. She drooped more and more with each push, but she finally got it into place. Every time Jay moved to help her, he was interrupted by a more forceful I got it..!

Finally he stepped outside, clucking his tongue to call Videl. When she tramped over to him, he closed the door and looked down at her. Videl's tail vibrated like a tiny pendulum. He knelt down and used his fingers to grab her nose, not forcefully, but firmly enough that her tail stopped and she paid attention.

"We're looking for a vulpix. I want you to look around. Be sneaky. Don't get caught. And don't get angry. Hinata can't track you when you're angry. Understood?"

Videl looked at him with deep brown eyes, and he let go and scrubbed the skull on her hear with the palm of his hand. "Keep in touch with Hinata, got it?"

She yipped and scampered off. Despite her speed, there was no sound at all.

-----

I hate it when he grabs my nose!

You listen better when he grabs your nose.

Hinaghost was being a downer again, so Videl stopped complaining. He liked Hinaghost, but she could be cranky. And even though she didn't like it when he grabbed her nose, she liked the alpha male really a lot. So she did what he told her.

Usually. Sometimes she got mad and couldn't help it. She tried really a lot not to when he said not to, but sometimes she couldn't help it.

This time she could help it. And this time her nose told her she was going somewhere right, because she smelled something that didn't smell like the alphas, and didn't smell like the chew toy (Hinaghost said not to call the long rubbery hisser Chew Toy anymore, because she wasn't, in big capital loud letters WASN'T a chew toy, but Videl couldn't help it! She looked like a chew toy. So she tried to call the Chew Toy Hisser from now on, and what he smelled didn't smell like Chew To- HISSER. And not like Hinaghost. It smelled more like the Cutie and herself, but not quite.

She snuck up on the open door, and saw a big tall skinny alpha (more like omega; he smelled bad, not like alpha jay and alpha kitty), with a pokémon that smelled like her and Cutie but not quite. And she had furry fire coming off of her butt, so she must be a firebutt! Videl had seen firebutts before alpha jay brought them here, and they always thought they were so smart. But this one didn't seem to think she was so smart, 'cause she was in a cage.

Hinaghost, I found a firebutt! That's what alpha wants, right?

Fire but-- Picture it!

She wasn't being cranky, she was being tired, but she was proud! That was good, right? Videl concentrated as hard as she could and pictured the firebutt. Hinaghost gave her a pat that wasn't a pat.

Good girl, Videl! Keep watching the Vu... er... firebutt!

Hinaghost often helped her understand what alpha meant, so what she said usually what alpha said. She she did, and she felt Hinaghost with her in her head, and she hadn't liked that but now she did, because it always meant someone was with her.

-----

She's awake.

Jay stood beside Hinata outside the door. Hinata's eyes glowed, and her face was intent, but she had taken the time to monitor Sagira's condition, and for that, Jay was grateful. "Call Videl back, whether or not she's found it. We have to move." Hinata didn't acknowledge, but her eyes glowed brighter. Jay opened the door silently.

He was met with a low growl, and he held his hands up. He actually half smiled when he saw Sagira sitting up. "Awake, Catseye? We were getting worried."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 27 2009, 11:36 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

"I'm sure," Sagira murmured dryly. "No doubt your greatest fears have come to pass." She spread her arms wide. "I survived." She dropped them to her sides. "Pity, that."

Umbrae let out a low whine, and Sagira sighed softly. "Sorry, Umbrae," she whispered softly. "Lost myself." She was getting morbid again. It tended to happen when she woke from nightmares about those times when she and Serenity were at the mercy of the neighborhood bullies. Seeing Ezira again had brought back painful memories.

She'd almost lost Serenity that day...

She ignored the fact that the time after that, she had barely managed to survive.

I suppose "bully" is too light a term for them, even then, she mused.

"I shouldn't be surprised, I guess," she said aloud. "It makes sense that she joined Magma. She always did hate everything my dad..." She trailed off before she could decide whether to say "stands for" or "stood for."

Shaking her thoughts away again, she turned to face Jay. Hinata was floating beside him and she offered the Ralts a smile. She knew the pokemon couldn't see it, but she hoped she could sense that Sagira was happy to see her. She supposed that was a benefit that psychic pokemon had. Sagira rarely opened herself enough to reveal her emotions (other than anger), and those who could sense emotions had an up on everyone else. Only Serenity and Umbrae were truly open to her moods. Even Sagira's mother couldn't read her, half the time.

"Did you catch Ezira?" she asked, and winced as she used the girl's name as though... well, Sagira did know her.

She wondered how much he had heard.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 27 2009, 11:54 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay heard the bitterness in her voice, sighed, but otherwise let it pass. "Ezira? The Human Floatation Device? No. She was gone when I got done with my opponent, and I had... other things to worry about." He sat down, cross legged, watching the unbarricaded door. "Your pokémon are very loyal, Catseye. Serenity wouldn't let me touch you without a word from Umbrae." He shrugged. "I hope one day my girls'll be just as loyal.

We are!

He smiled at her, but didn't reach out to touch her. "I sent Videl out to see if she can't find the package. I have to come clean about something, though." Jay looked away from her, bracing himself. "I think I was sent to the wrong warehouse. My unit commander told me to meet you where you found me. Specifically where you found me." He paused to let it sink in. "He told me to listen to you, since you had seniority, but I get the feeling he had been told the one I was at was the target." Jay licked his lips. "It was empty. That's why I think we were a distraction."

Jay glanced at the door nervously. "Floaters will probably alert Magma to our presence if she hasn't already. I had to leave my guy, too." At her reproachful look, his face hardened. "It was either that or leave you in the open while I hid him. Yell at me if you want, but I have no regrets, and since the mission leader was out cold, I had to give myself orders. Which I promptly disobeyed and helped you anyway."

Jay sighed, standing. "Stay here, please. I'm going to go check on Videl. She can't open doors. Yet."

As he stepped outside, he contemplated the haunted look in her eyes. He'd gotten the feeling there was history between the Magma woman and her before, but that was turning out to be an understatement. The Magma had... wounded her. There was no other word for it. What she carried was no less than an open wound.

How're you feeling, Hinata? She had been tired after moving the desk, and concentrating on Videl seemed to tax her even more.

I have a headache from the tip of my horn to my neck.

I told you to let me help. You could have just made it lighter! Despite the scolding tone in his mind, he was worried. Hinata was still very young, and her blindness made her try to prove herself in everything, from small things like painting her head, to large things like moving objects that were too heavy to lift.

He looked down the hall, then turned to look the other way, that was when a big, meaty hand closed on his face.

"Not so tough without your ralts, are you, shithead," growled the large trainer. Standing behind him, grinning from ear to ear, was Ezira.

"If you don't let go, I'm going to lick your hand..." Jay's voice was muffled by the large Magma's palm.

"Shut him up and keep him quiet. He's just the grunt. I want the little bitch."

The hand moved off his face, but before Jay could react, the man's other fist crashed into him, knocking him cold.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Apr 28 2009, 12:06 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Sagira returned to sitting on the floor after Jay left. She felt, oddly, empty. Drained, she supposed, was a better term. She knew that part of it was a physical tiredness from having been nearly strangled to death, but the other part was a mix of the unfortunate reunion with her childhood... tormentor, and Jay's theories.

For reasons she couldn't quite fathom, she was unable to think of anything to use against his ideas. She didn't know his CO, nor what the man had told Jay. She knew hers... sort of. She didn't like the man. Though, Sagira had never been fond of authority, so such a dislike hadn't thrown her off. Still, the man had been in a rush when he gave Ivy and Sagira that first mission, which had been odd, really. Unless there was some dire situation, the man wouldn't really have needed to go anywhere.

And if there had been a dire situation, she and Ivy certainly wouldn't have been sent out to scout out a warehouse.

And now, here they were, at another warehouse, after Sagira had been assigned a different partner by her CO, who had made a phone call personally to her partner's CO. He hadn't told Sagira that she was the senior officer. Rather, he hadn't said much, at all. He'd been particularly close-mouthed, but a little smug. Sagira had chalked it up, at the time, to how he had gotten Aqua's personal loner, ShadowCat, comfortable working with another human being. And then, of course, had split their group.

Just like them. Bastards.

But what if Jay was right? Why would their commanding officers tell them each different warehouses to wait at? They shouldn't have made a mistake like that. It was dangerous.

Unless they were bait.

It all came back to that, didn't it?

Sagira's contemplations were interrupted by the Ralts hovering near her releasing a sudden cry of pain and surprise, jerking simultaneously, as she faltered in the air. Sagira's head snapped up and she leapt to her feet, catching the pokemon in her arms before she could hit the hard cement floor.

"Hinata!" Sagira cried, clutching the Ralts to her. The little pokemon gave no response and Sagira swore vehemently and colorfully enough to make any sailor blush. Not for the first time, she wished that she had a psychic pokemon of her own. They would be able to help her determine what was wrong with far more efficiency.

As it was, Sagira had only her intuition to rely on. Still, that was something.

She turned to her two pokemon, both tense and awaiting orders. She met Umbrae's eyes, but Reason showed itself with the words, Serenity is smaller.

Less noticeable, Sagira admitted, albeit reluctantly. She would never admit it to Serenity, but they all knew that Umbrae was stronger. While the Ekans could be a formidable opponent, past experiences had left her frail in mind, if not in body, and Sagira always feared for her first pokemon, when she sent her out into battle.

But this was war, and war was cruel.

"Serenity, I need you to find Jay. Something's wrong."

Serenity hissed in obvious discomfort. Sagira knew the serpent didn't trust the other trainer, and she couldn't blame her. Sagira, herself, didn't trust Jay Lange, but there was something about it... something beyond his stubborn arrogance and beautiful complexion. Something about him that seemed to pool to the surface from the depths of his soul. She couldn't name it - perhaps there wasn't a name for it - but it called something to Sagira's attention about him. Maybe she couldn't trust him – I can't trust anyone - but... but he was her ally, and that was enough.

"Ren," Sagira said softly, "I know. I know, and I understand, but I need you to find him. See if he's okay. Find Videl if you can. Please?"

The violet snake was obviously reluctant, but hissed and nodded her head in agreement. Jay was right. Her pokemon were very loyal.

As Serenity slithered out of the room, Sagira made her way to the far wall, where the desk was pressed fiercely against the door, holding it shut. She saw the open space beneath it, where the chair would sit, hidden from sight by the position the desk was in. Smiling despite the circumstances, Sagira crawled into the small hole, reminded of a similar space under the cover of a pine tree back in Pallet Town.

Gently, Sagira lay the unconscious Ralts down on the ground, as far back in the cubby hole as she could manage without putting her in a position that would cause her discomfort or harm. "Umbrae," she said.

The Houndour seemed to understand what Sagira wanted, and he let out a soft woof in defiance.

"Now, Umbrae," Sagira said, and she sent an icy glare his way - something she didn't do often, "that's an order." She hated ordering her pokemon around. They were her friends, not her slaves, and she would never call herself their 'master.'

With as much reluctance as Serenity had shown, the Houndour slunk into the area beneath the desk, studying the enclosed space and the unconscious Ralts.

"I want you to stay here and protect her," Sagira explained. "If Jay or Videl come back before I do, you'll be here to do whatever needs done." Umbrae let off a soft growl at the idea of being separated from her, but she cut him off with a sharp motion of her hand slicing through the air. "No, Umbrae, you're staying. I can handle myself." He snorted. "Hinata cannot see," Sagira pressed, slowly and sternly, "and while she does quite well without her sight, it is still a problem for her. I also don't want to carry her around with me while she's unconscious and risk her getting hurt. You're staying, you're protecting her, and if she wakes up, she can call Jay. No doubt they've spoken mentally before and, if not, there's a first time for everything." She backed out of the hole and rose to her feet. "I'll be back soon," she said, and then swiftly left the room.

Alone with the unconscious Ralts, Umbrae let out a whine.

As much as he trusted Sagira, he feared she was lying.
~*~

Serenity did not like being near others.

She trusted Umbrae, Sagira, Mattie, and his Growlithe. That was it. No one else fit the category, so she didn't want to be around anyone else.

But when she slithered onto the scene of a big Magma brute dragging an unconscious and bleeding Jay down the hall, Serenity had the sudden urge to be near the vulnerable boy, as though her presence could be of some use to him.

She wasn't sure if that was the case, as she knew she wouldn't be any match against a man with fists as big as her body coiled around itself twice over, but she slithered silently over to Jay anyway. Only a moment's reluctance and a shivering of her scales, and she slithered underneath the sleeve of his shirt, wrapping herself tightly around his forearm, where she wouldn't be seen, but where she could listen, and wait.
~*~

Sagira was not surprised to see Ezira.

She was surprised to see her standing in front of another Magma, a huge brute of a man, and an unconscious Jay, thrown careless against the wall in a heap of limp body parts. Sagira bit her lip. She didn't know where Videl was, and she hadn't seen Serenity. She hoped the Magma monster hadn't caught her, though she supposed Ezira would be taunting her if she had.

Sagira turned her attention to said human-floating-device, as Jay had named her, and noted that there were no pokeballs in sight.

"Pretty stupid, don't you think, confronting me without a pokemon?"

"I'm not too concerned," Ezira admitted smugly. "You don't have one either." Sagira bit her lip. She'd been hoping Ezira wouldn't notice. "Seeing as we're both even in that regard, I thought perhaps we could settle this the old fashioned way."

"I'm more of a modernist, to tell you the truth," Sagira replied smartly. "Those rituals from your generation always tended to bore me."

Ezira let out a growl that Ivy might have been proud of. "Well, my ways have evolved since we were children," she said, grinning ferally.

"Still picking on children?" Sagira asked. "Your ways may have evolved, but you're still the same barbaric whore you were when we were kids, Ez."

Ezira clenched her fists, her face contorting into a snarl. Sagira's attention, however, had left her childhood nemesis, focusing instead on a fuzzy red creature standing only a few feet behind the Magma brute, hidden by the corner of the wall that turned into the hallway. Sagira frowned.

Is that... the Vulpix?

The kitsune met Sagira's eyes with its own crimson-brown orbs; wide, intelligent irises that seemed to pierce Sagira's very soul and caused her breath to catch as she thought she felt something invading the deepest origins of her inner-self, beyond the physical shell she was confined to.

Whatever the kitsune had been searching for, she seemed satisfied, because the intruding presence vanished and the creature stepped forward, out into the sight of the Magma members. Ezira's attention was immediately caught.

"Wha-What are you doing out of your cage?"

The Vulpix blinked innocently. "Vul?" she asked, tilting her head to the side as though questioning why she had to be in a cage in the first place.

This is the pokemon Aqua trained for years? Sagira asked, stunned. She's... cute.

You're definitely not one to judge by appearances, ShadowCat.

Touche.

Deciding to take advantage of the situation, Sagira grabbed Ezira's wrist, kicked her hard in the shin, and then slashed her fiercely across the face with the cold metallic claws on the ends of her gloves.

Ezira let out a cry of pain, staggering back, clutching her face, and Sagira dropped low, swinging her foot around and catching the blinded girl in the back of the knees, sending her crashing, cursing, to the floor.

She heard the Vulpix give a yelp and turned to see the Magma brute clutching the creature by its tails and pulling harshly on its fur. Without really thinking about it, Sagira grabbed a pokeball on her belt and chucked it at the Vulpix. The red light sucked the pokemon out of the brute's grasp, and he turned his attention to her.

Oops.

Sagira actually contemplated running, when she heard a ferocious howl. Her eyes narrowing, she turned to yell at Umbrae for disregarding her orders, only to see a female Houndour racing to her side.

"Videl?" she asked. The pokemon, however, was busy glaring daggers at the Magma brute, having caught sight of Jay's current position.

Biting her lip with that annoying habit she wasn't desperate enough to break, Sagira wondered if it would work and decided that it was worth a try, even if it failed. "Videl! Ember attack!" she cried, as she edged her way over to Jay's slumped form against the wall, kneeling down beside him and forgetting to be reluctant, as she concerned herself with whether or not he was breathing.

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Apr 28 2009, 12:44 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Jay was breathing. That was the first thing he became aware of. That he was breathing. There was noise, and heat, and something smelled bad, but he was breathing. Or was he?

There was a tightness around his arm, but it wasn't all unpleasant, it was just tight. And shaking.

Slowly, memories filtered in. Unconscious cat girl on his back. Scouting. Floatation devices hanging loosely like melons. A big, giant hand attached to a meaty arm. Pain. Blood.

A yelp sounded, and a thud. Videl snarled. Combat. Videl was fighting!

Jay opened his eyes, and, briefly was blinded. In the milky haze, he saw a dark haired, yellow eyes face float above him.

"The beautiful angels have cat ears," he whispered, slowly sinking into unconsciousness.

-----

Videl hated the giant. He had hurt the alpha jay, and anyone who hurts the pack is no longer a friend. So when the alpha kitty called out as if she were Videl's alpha, she attacked. The alpha kitty wouldn't let the alpha jay get hurt, and so she needed to be listened to.

The big man kicked out and caught her, and that hurt.

Fine.

No more little miss nice.

Videl bared her teeth, gave her longest, meanest growl, and launched herself to clamp on the magma's leg.

-----

The tightness on his arm loosened, shaking, and fell or moved off. Jay couldn't tell, but the angel-kitty seemed to be happy about this. She was calling for serenity.

He tried to sit up, but couldn't. There was sadness. Deep, longing, searching sadness. He didn't want the sadness to go on, he didn't want to feel it, but it persisted until it touched him...

-----

Hinata woke with a start. Trainer Jay was alive! She moved forward and hit a wall. There were walls all around her. And then she heard it. The whuffing noise, as if telling her to stay still. It wasn't Videl's though. There was a void where the owner should be.

She could sense Videl because Videl was happy, which allowed a glimmer of her psychic abilities to shine through, but this creature had none.

It licked her, though. Umbrae.

He wouldn't let her leave! And she HAD to find Trainer JAY!

Finally, she looked up. Umbrae may not be open to mind speak, but maybe she could speak-speak to him. "T-... T... Twaynerh... Iwth!"

Ok. That sucked.

However, it got the point across to Umbrae. He crawled out, pulled he out as well, and started dashing down the hall.

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 07:07 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.