Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
pokemon x and y shiny's, have you caught any in game yet?
Glameow
post Oct 25 2013, 06:36 PM
Post #21

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 95 426

Hot Shots

I caught a shiny Qwilfish from the chain fishing method. A pretty worthless shiny, I'm sure. Bad nature too, so I'm giving him to a friend.

I just caught a shiny Naughty Furfrou male. I wanted a female so I'll be trading him I'm sure. (Feel free to send a message.)
I missed two shiny Skiddos today too, from chain hunting. I stepped in the wrong grass twice. >.>;

Edit: Random shiny Mienfoo. Excuse me, miss, I was looking for a shiny Zangoose. o.O

This post has been edited by Kittun: Oct 25 2013, 11:31 PM

--------------------
2 shinies and counting
~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~

~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~x~oOo~
*click click click*
thrust.gif Keepin' it real thrust.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Erliff
post Oct 26 2013, 07:43 PM
Post #22

Dragonite hoarder.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 124 147

Hoarding party.

Just got my first shiny ever and from Masuda Method in 155 eggs. And it's honedge. <3
I'm so happy. I've played like 6 pokemon games and with my brother's games counted, 11 and this is the first shiny ever. Fjsicbsk.
He's adamant, kind of regretted giving the father a everstone for that since brave nature seemed better but whatever. Still a great nature. Named him Jean after Jean from attack on Titan. Heh.

--------------------
My avatar by me. <3
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Oct 27 2013, 05:18 PM
Post #23

Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo Mamo
Group Icon

Member No.: 36 116

Mamolicious

I was terrible at chain fishing. Until I got a Lileep through Wonder Trade with the ability Suction Cups.

Now I have my shiny Luvdisc to thank for it grin.gif Only my second ever shiny, too, in any of the games! oh.gif

--------------------

I do gaming videos! grin.gif Please have a look!
Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Mosica
post Oct 27 2013, 06:03 PM
Post #24

a smile better suits a hero
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 10 191

Garnet

Just found and caught my second shiny happy.gif He's a cute pink aipom. I had just friended someone with a normal friend safari and he was the first thing I ran into in the grass!

--------------------

Credit for my avatar goes to Cycloneblaze

Black Rock Shooter, where did you go?
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Oct 28 2013, 05:27 AM
Post #25

Group Icon

Mamolicious

Just got my second shiny grin.gif Again, thanks to chain fishing. Cute little Poliwag grin.gif

This post has been edited by Captain Epic: Oct 28 2013, 05:27 AM

--------------------

Emmagurd's Youtube

My fiancé does gaming videos for Minecraft, PVK and other stuff! Please take a look! grin.gif
DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

GlitchedBat
post Oct 28 2013, 09:39 AM
Post #26

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 485

Some of my Faves

I ran into a shiny Petilil and got bumped and dropped my 3ds then it ran from the pokemon, I at least have shiny petilil in my dex so that's ok I guess

But I did catch a shiny slugma like 15 minutes after the petilil incident

--------------------
+Quote Post

Bonnie Clyde
post Oct 28 2013, 05:50 PM
Post #27

You're filled with DETERMINATION
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 895

Faves <3

I was wanting to find a shiny, so I tried to find one in a friend safari. The first Pokemon I came across was a shiny Lapras. ^v^ It was the first shiny Pokemon I have ever got besides those Pokemon that were in the distribution event things or the shiny Gyrados in Pokemon Pearl (or from cheating). When I was trying to catch it, it kept breaking out of my Poke balls. Then it used Perish Song, which lead me to panic a little. But I finally caught it before the Perish Song countdown thing ended.

--------------------
[align=center]

[spoiler=][/spoiler]

CHAOS CONTROL[/align]
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 28 2013, 08:26 PM
Post #28

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I just got a shiny Poliwhirl while trying to fish up a male Politoed. That's right, a stupid male version of a pokemon is rarer than a shiny. >:/ I know about chain fishing, but still.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mosica
post Oct 28 2013, 08:55 PM
Post #29

a smile better suits a hero
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 10 191

Garnet

Ahh, all I've been fishing up while chaining for a shiny was male politoeds.

I've really been trying to chain with the radar, but I'm finding it extremely difficult for myself. Like, I know how to do it, but actually doing it is another story.

--------------------

Credit for my avatar goes to Cycloneblaze

Black Rock Shooter, where did you go?
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Oct 29 2013, 06:07 AM
Post #30

Group Icon

Mamolicious

QUOTE(Mosica @ Oct 29 2013, 02:55 AM) *

I've really been trying to chain with the radar, but I'm finding it extremely difficult for myself. Like, I know how to do it, but actually doing it is another story.

This.

I am the biggest fail at this, seriously. I am also trying to find shinies through this method, but failing miserably facepalm.gif

--------------------

Emmagurd's Youtube

DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

Letan
post Oct 29 2013, 11:48 AM
Post #31

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

QUOTE(Captain Epic @ Oct 29 2013, 07:07 AM) *
QUOTE(Mosica @ Oct 29 2013, 02:55 AM) *

This.

I am the biggest fail at this, seriously. I am also trying to find shinies through this method, but failing miserably facepalm.gif

I spent the past two days trying to chain Golett on that route south of Geosenge. The patches aren't as bad as they look, but the highest I've gotten was 33 and then my chain broke. I'm glad to know I'm not the only person who thinks that 6th gen chaining is kinda terrible. sealed.gif

New grass patch mechanic is awful, there isn't enough of a significant difference between "medium shake" and "intense shake". bored.gif No way in hell am I even gonna try chaining again until the Shiny Charm is possible to get and people see if it reduces the suggested chain number from 40 down to at least 30. I could do 40 in 4th gen, but right now? God no.

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 29 2013, 01:36 PM
Post #32

Group Icon

Let Us In

The addition of decoy tiles was evil. That's the main reason why I gave up on Pokeradar this gen. :( It kept tripping me up every time I got the hang of chaining the tiles. (I never really used the pokeradar in gen 4. I did it a few times, but nothing ever came of it.) Chain fishing has the occasional ultra short reaction window that throws you off if you've been reacting perfectly for too long, but it doesn't feel like as much of a slap in the face as "You did everything right, but we just want to screw with you, so you lose. LOL!".

A small note that might help you out with chain fishing that I found out: If you have a Suction Cups/Sticky Hold pokemon first, they don't have to be alive. They just have to be at the front of your party. XD My Muk kept the successful draws coming for eons even though she got killed by a Whiscash early on. I had a false swiper after her who helped me get Poliwhirl.

The shiny charm might be possible to get, but don't quote me on it. You get the round charm from Sycamore after completing the Kalos dex, so it might still be that he'll give you the shiny charm for completing the nat'l dex.

(I did finally get that male Politoed, and he was Modest, too, so now I can enjoy my shiny victory and play with my cute, good natured froggy. :D )

--------------------
+Quote Post

Zabimaru
post Oct 30 2013, 07:20 AM
Post #33

I Dream of Ponyta
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 541

FIRE!!!

I can't chain higher then 4 or 5 in grass and I'm lucky I got to 10 on the fishing. I keep reeling in too early/late :/ You can /fish/ for politoed? Where!?!

--------------------
+Quote Post

Nic
post Oct 30 2013, 08:21 AM
Post #34

Immaturity archive
Group Icon

Member No.: 93 927

Nerve damage

Since my last post (E - all shiny, mind you):
Minccino x 2
Aipom
Relicanth (just cause it was cheap), (JPN) Ditto, and Azurill (wild caught so 3 perfect IVs) from the GTS
Evolved my Poliwhirl into Politoed
aaaand I traded my Delphox away since I didn't like it so much.

This post has been edited by Nikki G: Oct 30 2013, 08:22 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 30 2013, 08:59 AM
Post #35

Group Icon

Let Us In

QUOTE(Zabimaru @ Oct 30 2013, 08:20 AM) *
I can't chain higher then 4 or 5 in grass and I'm lucky I got to 10 on the fishing. I keep reeling in too early/late :/ You can /fish/ for politoed? Where!?!

Route 19. The only reason I found out was because of Serebii. I assumed it was all Whiscash until I read that.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jujubee
post Oct 30 2013, 12:04 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 209 445

Demon Squad

I don't know how you guys are so successful finding shinies, I tried the past 4 days using different methods and I have yet to come across any. I've also never found a single shiny in my years playing the games. The only shinies I got were from events or using cheats.

--------------------
~*~Lucario Master~*~
Pokemon X FC: 0490-5823-7007
Ghost type Friend Safari and has: Lampent, Golurk, and Phantump
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 30 2013, 02:03 PM
Post #37

Group Icon

Let Us In

QUOTE(Jujubee @ Oct 30 2013, 01:04 PM) *
I don't know how you guys are so successful finding shinies, I tried the past 4 days using different methods and I have yet to come across any. I've also never found a single shiny in my years playing the games. The only shinies I got were from events or using cheats.

I know how you feel. I didn't really start finding shinies until BW/2, and XY is the first time in history that I've found more than one in a game. I'd personally say to try chain fishing or the Masuda method (breeding a foreign pokemon with a non-Ditto partner), since those involve more direct effort than happenstance, and are coded to bring about a higher shiny chance.

So, now I need a foreign Pumpkaboo because I just saw several images of the shiny on tumblr. 8D Pumpkaboo will be my first gen 6 shiny hunt on GPX+. Hands down. One question, though: does anyone know if the size of the parent Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist determines the size of the child, or is it random?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Emmagurd
post Oct 31 2013, 12:50 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Mamolicious

QUOTE(Secondhand Stardust @ Oct 30 2013, 07:03 PM) *
So, now I need a foreign Pumpkaboo because I just saw several images of the shiny on tumblr. 8D Pumpkaboo will be my first gen 6 shiny hunt on GPX+. Hands down. One question, though: does anyone know if the size of the parent Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist determines the size of the child, or is it random?

Oh my God, I need shiny Pumpkaboo. I literally got traded a Gourgeist all the way from Japan. How and ever, I just noticed it is male T_T This makes me mega sad.

Stardust, I would be more than happy to trade female Pumpkaboos with you so we could both try shiny hunting (as long as you're not in Britain, of course, in which case it wouldn't really make much of a difference xD)

Edit: I just thought, could I breed that Gourgeist I got from someone in Japan with a female Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist of my own and still have the increased shiny rate? Or will it literally have to be a female from another country? I am a bit of a shiny hunter/breeder novice in game xD

This post has been edited by Captain Epic: Oct 31 2013, 12:52 PM

--------------------

Emmagurd's Youtube

DavidiansLair's Youtube

Made by Bonnie Clyde

+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Oct 31 2013, 02:12 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Let Us In

QUOTE(Captain Epic @ Oct 31 2013, 01:50 PM) *
QUOTE(Secondhand Stardust @ Oct 30 2013, 07:03 PM) *

Oh my God, I need shiny Pumpkaboo. I literally got traded a Gourgeist all the way from Japan. How and ever, I just noticed it is male T_T This makes me mega sad.

Stardust, I would be more than happy to trade female Pumpkaboos with you so we could both try shiny hunting (as long as you're not in Britain, of course, in which case it wouldn't really make much of a difference xD)

Edit: I just thought, could I breed that Gourgeist I got from someone in Japan with a female Pumpkaboo/Gourgeist of my own and still have the increased shiny rate? Or will it literally have to be a female from another country? I am a bit of a shiny hunter/breeder novice in game xD

Sure, we can trade! I'll PM you with my friend code (I'm in the US). I think the foreign Pokemon can be any gender, not just the mother, to increase shiny rate. We'll have to use females, though, since that's the shiny we're actively looking for. (I need to read back up on the Masuda Method to see if any changes occurred between gens 4,5, and 6.)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Rosveen
post Oct 31 2013, 03:57 PM
Post #40

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 142 991

Active Squad

I got my second shiny. happy.gif It's a Phantump from a friend safari. It's so cute!

--------------------

My groups (click to show)

GWSH ribbons (click to show)

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 12:14 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.