Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Rocking the Waves of Fidona Island!
Douken Sota
post Mar 20 2012, 07:20 PM
Post #1

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

The deck of the boat was filled with the rifts of the electric guitar... again... for the fifteenth time. Many passangers complained about the noise, and many crew members tried to take away the noise maker, but Seican would not give up! He kept telling them it was for his introductory contest match, and turned down the volume for them. Then again, he always did enjoy loud, so the volume was back up jsut as quick.

"Ma ra!' She didn't like that tune either. This was an issue. Whatever loud, hardrock song he played, the shy Maractus turned it down quickly. Each time he stopped to listen, she did a little dance, letting her body rattle like maracas to try to get an idea for him, but it was not Seican's style either.

"C'mon now, Mara. We need to find some solution. If I can't pull off one impressive opening show, how can I attract all the sexy ladies in their bikinis, screaming my name, asking for autographs..." His mind quickly began to wander, as seen by the drool starting to form on his bottom lip. A sharp thorn on Mara's head woke him up from the daydream.

"Mara mar..." She was just not liking the idea of dacing to such music. Still, for a shy Pokemon, she seemed comfortable in front of strangers at least. Hopefully, stage fright would not be a problem.

"Give me a moment, okay? I think my friend was working on a little something... I should give him a call!" Quick to his pockets, his thumb rolled over the pad, having the Maractus look with a confused face. "Johnny!" The sudden call made her jump. "I know, right? We should meet up soon. Hey I got a request... Yeah... yeah... Hey, whaqt do you mean? I have never stolen your tunes before, so don't give me that 'again' crap! Listen, this gives goes right, I might be able to," his voice went into a low whisper, as if not to tell anyone else what was happening. "Sweet! Why not give Marqa a listen? ... Shes a Pokemon I am going to perform with, you dumbass!" Handing the phone over, the Cactus Pokemon listened to what was offered, and her eyes seemed to of lit up. "You like that, Mara?" With a nod, Seican continued, "WEll, I got to edit it some to add in my own style, but I think it will work.

"Still, it means I got to rent an acoustic..."

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 20 2012, 09:50 PM
Post #2

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

QUOTE(text)
Branwys! Hello! I'm on a boat, headed to Fidona. Nice, right? Let me know your schedule, and maybe we can meet up somewhere for foods and

QUOTE(text)
maybe movies?

Cesc was rather old fashioned when it came to communications. This 'texting' thing still seemed rather odd to him, and unfortunately, a return of an amplified guitar screech caused him to hit the 'enter' button early, sending a truncated text with a sort of sheepish post-script afterwards.

"Goose!" "Sneasel!"

The two pokemon in front of him seemed rather peeved that Cesc had slacked off on paying attention to their training.

"Guys, guys. Just take five, so we can see what's making that racket again, right?"

Slowly rising from his seated position, Francesco Rojas took a moment to smooth out his outfit. Remembering his last trip to Fidona, wherein he was beset upon by a Raging Tauros, Cesc wore something much more comfortable than his usual attire. Today, especially since he was expecting sunlight and fun-times before the contest, he had opted to wear something more...beachy. He sported a form-fitting black tank top and cargo shorts. Yes, today, Cesc Rojas had dressed down. After all, he was planning to wow the crowds at the contest with his family's wares later that evening anyways.

Moving about the boat, Cesc finally came across a somewhat familiar sight. Monsieur Longhair stood, holding out something for a Cactus Pokemon to listen.

"Seiccan." Cesc smiled as he approached, flanked by his two unintentionally intimidating pokemon. Tybalt the Zangoose on one side, and Oberon the Sneasel on the other did not exactly make the most welcoming sight. Tybalt gave something of a salute to Seiccan and Mara, while Oberon gave a rather lofty looking bow. "Haven't seen you since the Bug Catching Contest." He smiled charmingly, despite the fact that the Bug Catching Contest had essentially been only a day or so before. "How're Speaker and Record?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 21 2012, 02:31 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

PANE

When someone calls your name, you get curious to know who they were. For Seican's luck, it was the Cesc kid from the day beofr at the bug catching contest. "Du-Hude!" He called out, waving over to him and his Pokemon. Mara, seeing the new faces, got a little blush in her cheeks before covering up her mouth and bowing.

"Speaker and Record are doing awesome, of course! Are you saying you have your doubt about that?" With a smug grin, he flicked his nose with his thumb before giving him a thumbs up with the same hand. "But that is still nothing to Mara over here," he told him, pointing at the Maractus. "She maybe shy, but soon she will help me swoon over the hearts of all the lovely ladies of Fidona. I can hear it now. Screaming my name, wishing my signatures were tattoos -" Interrupted next by another Peck from Mara. "I get it, I get it," he mutered.

"What about you, kid? What brings you over this way?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Mar 22 2012, 08:51 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 601

Hunter's Party

A cool breeze tickled Hunter Price's face as he leaned against the inner wall of the boat. Strong rays of light shone on his face as he grabbed his aviators out of his pocket and put them on. He was sporting a green t-shirt and black basketball pants; the hot weather opted for appropriate clothing. His Aipom, Bandit, dangled from his arm, laughing as he swung back and forth. Hitmontop, on the other hand, was acting much more serious as he stood at Hunter's side. The Handstand Pokemon's protective instincts were cutting in, as the massive amount of people on the boat made him worried for the well being of his trainer. Hunter looked down at his side, noticing that Hitmontop was in a statuesque position, with a very serious and stern look on his face as he stood there.

"Oh, lighten up Hitmontop." Hunter said as he reached down to pet his Pokemon. "No one here is going to try and hurt me. And if they did, I know you guys would be here to protect me." Hitmontop remained in his stone-like position, only grunting at the suggestion of "lightening up." With one of his Pokemon acting as stubborn as ever, Hunter redirected his attention to Bandit, who was enjoying himself as he used the body of the 17 year old as a jungle gym.

"Bandit, cut it out!" he whispered in a hushed tone to the monkey Pokemon as he hung upside down from Hunter's arm. The Aipom ignored the orders from him and continued playing on Hunter's body, to which in response Hunter grabbed Bandit by the tail, holding him upside down as the Aipom swung his arms madly, trying to free himself from his grasp.

"Stop it, Bandit," Hunter ordered again, to which Bandit bit his arm, causing him to loosen his grip on the Pokemon's tail and letting him escape. The Aipom landed on the ground, and scampered away into the crowd of people. Hunter cursed to himself before trailing the monkey, though he was slowed down as the boat was so cramped. Hitmontop, who had finally decided to move, followed his trainer through the crowd. Hunter looked intently at the purple blur near the floor as he maneuvered his way around the boat, only to lose his sight of Bandit's fur. He looked up, and much to his surprise, he saw his Aipom right in the middle of two men sitting down. The first man, who looked several years older than Hunter, was wearing his hair up in a bun, while the other man had long black hair and was accompanied by a Maractus. Bandit examined both men, before choosing his target and climbing up the latter man's leg, and secured himself right on his face.

"God dammit, Bandit, get off that man's face right now!" Hunter yelled at the Aipom as he pushed a woman out of the way to get to his Pokemon and the two men.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 22 2012, 10:07 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Seiccan was certainly rife with odd mannerisms. Crossing his arms, Cesc leaned his weight to one side, a slow smile spreading on his face. The slight tilt in his head gave it the impression of an adult smiling at a particularly amusing child.

The amusement deepened as Seiccan referred to Cesc as a kid, when Cesc was probably four or five years older than the 'rock-star'. The older man's brow furrowed with a mixture of the previous amusement and a more current confusion. In the brief moments Cesc had spent with Seiccan, the latter had been hard to take in as a person. Cesc liked his people...quieter.

But, considering the volume of the music on the boat, Cesc easily made the distinction that Seiccan was probably mostly deaf. He wasn't Beethoven by any means, but he sounded pretty good. Truth be told, it wasn't Francesco's style of music, but he still appreciated the art-form.

"Well, I'm going to make sure that it's my name being screamed." Cesc shrugged non-chalantly "It'll be my first contest, so at least its nice to have some good competition."

Before any further banter could be tossed about, an Aipom appeared out of nowhere. Oberon and Tybalt, still at Cesc's side, immediately dropped to their haunches in alarm at the creature's sudden appearance. With the mischevious grin typical of the species, the little purple monkey shimmied up Seiccan's trunk and attached himself squarely in the face.

The easily amused Cesc immediately burst into laughter, lifting one hand up to cover his mouth politely while he crowed loudly at the sight.

A serious looking teenager approached, cursing at the Aipom shoving a woman out of his path simultaneously. Cesc immediately sized him up between snorts of giggling, and found himself wondering why the approaching teen seemed so serious.

"Oy, oy, Bandito!" Cesc cheered, laying on his thickest accent. He clapped his hands before him, infinitely entertained by the whole lot. Then, he figured, audiences would probably get a kick out of that sort of thing too. As his laughter died down, his mind raced around trying to see if he could fit comedy into his performances. "Don't be so stern."

Cesc reached over and gingerly pulled the Aipom from Seiccan's face, cradling the monkey in his arms.

"See? He's just having a little fun. I mean, after all, we're on a boat."

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 22 2012, 10:22 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

PANE

Cesdc threw out a challenge right there! There was no way Seican was going to let this fancy dressed person get the better of him! And he was just about to throw down the challenge too, until an Aipom appeared in front of them. AS the Zangoose and Sneasel jumped from the sudden appearance, Mara, with hands in front of her face, merely tilted her head, wondering who he was and where he came from. What mattered now, though, was where he was going was the main issue.

And that was up Seican and to his face. Now, to be honest, there would of been a more comical, spazzy Seican if the monkey just lept on, like Record when he met him. Instead, he just stood there, feeling a large sweat drop form on him, muttering, "The face... again... really?" The moment was soon lost when Cesc took him off, and in front of them was a new trainer, who seemed way too serious.

But the monkey was jsut having fun?! No way! "That monkey is evil! I mean, what's with Pokemon and latching onto my face! My fans need to see it when they chant my name!"

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Mar 22 2012, 10:45 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Hunter's Party

"Stop, being so stern... I'm not being stern!" Hunter denied as he watched the seemingly older of the two grab Bandit of the other's face and bring him into his arms, cradling him. The Aipom smiled happily as he loved all the attention he was getting. "See?" The man holding Bandit commented as Hunter's Pokemon relaxed in the man's arms, "He's just having a little fun. I mean, after all, we're on a boat." Hunter dropped his shoulders and took a deep breath, calming himself. He made a small mental note that he really needed to work on controlling his temper before lowering himself to the eye level of his Aipom, who was making puppy dog eyes to show that he was sorry.

"I'm sorry for yelling at you Bandit, I overreacted. You were just having fun. Do you forgive me?" He reached out his arm to the monkey, who in response nodded before running back up Hunter's arm, where he resumed his normal position on his shoulder.

"Sorry about that guys," Hunter apologized. "So what are your names? I'm Hunter Price, from Cianwood in Johto. You already met my Aipom, Bandit." He pointed up to the Aipom on his shoulder, who put on a cheesy smile. "And this is my Hitmontop." He turned to Hitmontop, who was at his side and glaring at both trainers intently. "He's very protective of me. You'll get used to it."

This post has been edited by Pinsir: Mar 22 2012, 10:50 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 22 2012, 11:02 PM
Post #8

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Another gentle, but amused smile crossed Cesc's handsome features.

"Right, because you're ego isn't big enough yet." He said matter-of-factly, without even the slightest trace of nastiness in his voice. The smile remained in place even as the Aipom scampered back to the newly introduced Hunter. Raising an eyebrow, Cesc couldn't help but think Hunter a bit presumptuous. You'll get used to it. That was the sort of phrase that implied that Hunter would be spending time with them, despite the fact that they'd just met. Mentally shrugging, Cesc noted that it was essentially how he'd met Branwys, though he was sure he wouldn't end up dating Hunter. (Underaged, Male and Serious. Three strikes.)

"Pleasure to meet you, Hunter. Bandito. Hitmontop. My name is Francesco Rojas. But please, call me Cesc." He made extra effort to roll his r's on his full name, mostly because he figured his name to be too lofty for him. "This is Seiccan Serroc", here he rolled the r's in a similar fashion. "He won't let you forget it either; he likes to yell it a lot in introduction." Cesc smiled, placing a finger on his chin as he tilted his head back at Seiccan, enjoying antagonizing the over-reacting kid "He's a bit like a pokemon: always saying his own name."

Now, despite their weakness to Hitmontop's fighting typing, both Oberon and Tybalt had moved to stand between the serious Hitmontop and their trainer. While Oberon had more than likely moved in out of loyalty to Cesc, the trainer feared that the Sneasel's companion had moved in out of a desire to test himself.

"Oberon" he indicated the Sneasel, "Tybalt" where he swept his hand across to the Zangoose, patting the Cat-Ferret on the head. "The pretty little lady there is Mara, who's with Seiccan."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 22 2012, 11:19 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

PANE

Mara being called a pretty lady made her cheeks extremey red, which caused her rto hide her face more into her hands. Seican being called a Pokemon had steam blowing him out of his ears. "I've had it with you," he said, pointing at Cesc. Hunter, in his view, seemed to of vanished since Cesc already stole his entrance. Grabbing a second Pokeball from his belt, he held it straight at Cesc, screaming, "I challenge you to a Contest brawl!

"Now I know we don't got any judges on board to judge looks, but what's to stop it from being flashy. Not only that, but anyone can keep track of five minutes." Besides, for the two rookies, going into a flashy battle against each other would help them out before their main contest. "If five minutes are over before knock out, we will let the crowd decide the winner. What do you say about that?"

Already getting ready for the match, he locked the Capsule Ball into the Pokeball on hand before throwing on a Star sticker before getting ready Mara's Ball. Right when the capsole was set, the cactus took the ball away and placed ther sticker on herself. "Flowers? Really?" When she wasn't acting shy, she could be very straight forward. "Fine," he muttered," returning her away. "Now cmon and get ready! We got to do this right!"

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Mar 23 2012, 07:00 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

switzerIand
post Mar 22 2012, 11:42 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Hunter's Party

Suddenly, tempers were flaring as the older man, who introduced him self as Cesc, commented something about the other male, who was named Seicann, being like a Pokemon. This comment didn't exactly sit well with the Seicann, who immediately rose up and challenged Cesc to a contest brawl. Almost immediately, everyone witnessing this moved back, making room for the upcoming battle. Seicann had already got into his area, preparing himself for the battle... by decorating his PokeBalls? Hunter wasn't very familiar with contests, being brought up idolizing Gym Leaders, rather than the expertise and fanciness put into contests. He sat back and waited to see what would happen next.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 24 2012, 08:32 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc audibly sighed as Seiccan screamed out his challenge. He'd hoped to provoke the rock-star for some laughs, which he'd gotten. He didn't expect to be drawn into a contest battle right there on the boat. Nevertheless, it was good practice for two potential co-ordinators.

"I accept." With a rather grand gesture, he singled out Hunter. "Since I don't know anyone else here, why don't you be the referee? Just let us know when you think our pokemon are defeated." Then he swept his hands out to the gathering crowd "And you, my friends, be the judges! Cheer when you see something that piques your fancy, boo when something you don't like occurs." Cesc's infectious grin caught on in the crowd, and they were already riling up for the imminent match.

"I'll forego the flashy entry, as I've already two pokemon on the field." He indicated Oberon and Tybalt, who remained in place as their trainer stepped back several paces. "I defer the first move to you, so summon another pokemon and let's get this rolling." he then looked back to Hunter, still grinning in wild anticipation "And Hunter, start the clock as soon as Seiccan utters a command."

Tybalt stretched, limbering his lithe Zangoose body up in preparation for the match. The stoic cat-ferret tapped his claws together, watching the cactus across from him, as if analyzing her.

Oberon, the more natural showman, winked and bowed at various people in the audience, already lobbying for the popular support. More cheeky than his partner, he moved about, warming up as he greeted the audience.

Lastly Cesc himself took a rather lax pose at his end of the field, slipping a hand into his pocket and leaning his weight on that leg. The other rested akimbo on his hip, still wearing the amused look on his face.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 24 2012, 08:45 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

PANE

"Hey! I said we were going to do this properly," he yelled at him, not interested that he wouldn't go on to set up his Capsules (even though there was a chance he did not have them. "Oh well. Mara's already in her ball, and these two are set up, so might as well get started." Giving a strong strum from his guitar, he let the note ring out as he psyched himself up.

"Mara, Drummer, rock the stage!" With a single throw, the two Pokeballs were sent out into the air. However, thanlks to the capsules, they had a bit more of a flashy entrance: Mara had a flourish of red rose petals swirl around her before she showed up. HIs Makuhita came out with a flourish of stars, showing off his strength by shoving them out of the way with his fists.

"Lewts start things off with a little prep. Mara, Growth! Drummer, Focus Energy!' With the flowers on her head glowing, Mara began to focus her energy, feeling her body grow slightly, thorns growing sharper. Drummer, however let out a battle cry as he took a fighting stance, channeling the energy around him so much that he felt as if aa red aura was streaming around him before closing in his body.

Why not make the enemy strike first?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 24 2012, 09:14 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

He had to admit, he rather enjoyed the entrance of Seiccan's pokemon. The capsule balls and their seals made entrances rather exciting, and he couldn't wait to apply the seals to his pokeballs over in Fidona. Sadly, though, this was neither the time nor place to start fabricating the various combination of seals. Surely there was an endless number of permutations, but he had to focus on the battle.

"Tybalt! Ataque Rápido! Oberon! Persecución!" Cesc had opted to issue his commands in Spanish, if only because he figured that Seiccan exuded the 'slow-to-catch-on' sort of vibe. He wouldn't bother with it in a match against a Hall Leader, as they'd probably faced it a dozen times before. Hopefully, at least, it would catch Seiccan off guard and delay his reaction time.

With a nod, Tybalt burst forward from his position on the field, changing trajectory twice with his run, between Drummer and Mara. As the attack looked like it was about to hit Drummer, Tybalt drew back his claws, pivoting one last time to strike at the Maractus. Whether she took the hit or dodged, Oberon, who had followed in Tybalt's wake with the excellent coordination of his species, would spring over his partner with a loud cheering noise and slash at Mara with his own claws. The one-two punch had been designed to not only look really cool, but also to deal a quick amount of damage in the very first move.

ooc (click to show)

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 24 2012, 09:34 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

PANE

"SPEAK ENGLISH!" Seican yelled out, already pissed that he started issuing commands in spanish. And not only that, but they started off by focusing on Mara! They had to chill out. "Mara, Sweet Scent! Drummer, Arm Thrust!" With the flowers on Mara's head glowing pink again, she started to perform a slow dance, her masraca-like body giving a small rattle as her dace began to spread out a relaxing pollen into the air, filling the battlefield with a pink pollen. To take advantage of the moment, Drumer ran up, thrusting his palms at the opposing Zangoose for a super effective set of hits.

Now, taking a closer look at things, with Seican's lack of Contest training, Mara seemed to of put herself into the mood herself and moved with grace. However, Drummer was off to show off his power, moving to prove this point.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 25 2012, 11:24 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Sure thing, amigo" Cesc tipped a salute over at Seiccan, grinning cheekily. He watched as Mara's Sweet Scent filled their make-shift arena, but being out and about on a boat and traveling meant that the powder like substance dissipated much quicker than indoors in a battlefield. Still, the desired effect had been reached; Oberon and Tybalt both paused to smell the delicious aroma, appearing a bit more sluggish when they resumed moving. Tybalt took the pair of super effective hits, stumbling back, but recovering his balance before toppling. He glared at the little fat fighting pokemon, ready for his chance to turn the attacks on him.

"Oberon! Golpes Furia! Tybalt! Cuchillada! Mara!"

Continuing to focus on Seiccan's Maractus, Cesc's Sneasel rushed forward, unleashing a series of fast slashes at the cactus. As soon as he backed off, his partner Zangoose stepped in, launching one heavy downwards slash with his much larger, more dangerous claws. Cesc's strategies with the two were easily defined by their 'one-two punch' nature, where one would lead off with some weak attacks, followed by a larger, heavier strike aimed at staggering the opponent. As a "cool" type contestant, Cesc and his pokemon had trained hard on making the transitions seamless and flowing, accentuating the natural grace of his Sneasel and Zangoose. The two predators made a fearsome, albeit graceful team.

"I thought you wanted this battle to be flashy?" Cesc shrugged "Your pokemon have no synergy with one another."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 26 2012, 02:38 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

PANE

Yeah, it was a good bet Seican knew nothing of synergy, or what really looked well together. All he knew was to be loud and how to experiment with new tunes. Still, didn't mean he didn't know anything else. It could be possible that he choose the combination of Cute and Tough as a good combination, no matter how much they contradicted each other. However, it could be that those contradictions helped them stand out better.

Still, the Spanish was really pissing him off as the two Pokemon went for contant blows. "Give the crowd too much of the same thing, and you may as well bore them," Seican remarked after yet another one-two hit style. One thing with contest battles was jsut not brute force. It may even take advangate to use useless moves.

"Drummer, Whirlwind!" After the series of strikes went by, Drummer focused the energy into his arms before giving such a powerful twist, it turned the air around them into a swirling breeze, possibly pushing the enemy back as well as taking the remains of the pink pollen into the air into a swirl. "Pin Missile!" With Maractus at back up, she gave a spin, letting the needles enter the air current and spiral around as well, quickly taking the pink hue as the missiles headed at the Sneasel.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 26 2012, 04:47 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc's grinned vanished briefly as the Whirl-pin storm sucked up the Sweet Scent before firing off a barrage of missiles at the poor Sneasel.

"Tybalt, Cortefuria!"

Tybalt rushed over to defend his comrade with a series of quick slashes. Normally, in Cesc's experience, the claws would simply glow, but today, they appeared to be taking on a sort of...metallic sheen.

"Metal Claw?" Cesc blinked, disbelievingly. Tybalt, who heard the question, merely nodded in response. It appeared that the Zangoose had unlocked a new move in his arsenal, one that had been taught via genetic breeding. Now, since Metal Claw was a bit slower of a move than Fury Cutter, several of the pins broke through, striking the defending Oberon. However, the damage was fairly minimal, leaving him ready to counter attack.

"Oberon, Viento Hielo!" As the Pink whirlwind started to die down, Oberon blasted out a wave of frigid air, laced with snow and ice particles. The move wrapped around the Whirlwind, whipping it back up into full frenzy and changing its trajectory back at Drummer and Mara! "Of course there's always more to a contest battle, like using your opponents attack against them!" He remembered that one quite clearly from his "The Co-ordinator in You" help book that he carried around.

His lopsided grin returned as he began formulating his next moves, wondering if he could use a cool weight-sharing combination next.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 26 2012, 07:06 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

PANE

Mara was taking a lot of hits. Thorugh the counter attacks, he could clearly see some fatigue in her eyes. Drummer, however, still had plenty of fight and seemed able to keep going. Through the combination of looks and power, Contest battles were a lot more complicated than he expected. However, Seican could still see Cesc trying to play more of the offensive card than the style card, which he thought was the point of all this!

"Synthesis!" It was a little bit of a desperate move, but by using the open sun, Mara was able to take in the light and let her body heal. However, it took some time. "Drummer, protect our little princess here." Not only did that cause Mara to blush brightly, but it took Drummer's attention from the battle to stare at Seican. "You know what I mean!" With a sigh and a face palm, he stood in front of the cactus, arms out and ready. In order of best choices he had, he would intercept the attacker and Mara, take whoever came at him, or charge in after them.

Either way, he was going to give someone a Vital Throw. Just sucks that it takes a while for that in itself to set up a mindset for it, so why not play in a counter tactic?

--------------------
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Mar 26 2012, 11:06 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Cesc noted that Seiccan had stopped with the yelling and had focused in more on the battle at hand. An eyebrow raised as Cesc figured that Seiccan had now fully warmed up, and was preparing for a big, flashy move.

That meant he had to up his game as well.

The Rock Star took to the defensive, having Mara use Synthesis to heal herself a bit, meaning that she had probably been close to fainting. Cesc had been playing offense the entire time, and didn't particularly feel the need to let up now. Since Seiccan and Drummer were trying to lure him in, as the former didn't issue a command to the latter, Cesc figured that there was a brilliant counter involved.

He wouldn't let them have it if he could help it.

"Oberon! Finta!. Tybalt, Persecución!"

Cesc had his pokemon launch another one-two combo. True, he'd used nothing but variations on that, but they were working so far. Besides, he had plotted out a brand new combination that he was ready to try out as soon as the moment presented itself.

This time, Oberon disappeared from sight, appearing suddenly behind Mara and Drummer. His attack aimed to launch Mara over her comrade and into the air, where she'd hopefully be met with Zangoose's claws. Cesc beamed at the crowd, not shy in showing his pleasure at his pokemon's teamwork and timing. He didn't have too many big flashy moves at his disposal, considering the lower levels of his team, but he focused in on their strengths.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Mar 26 2012, 11:21 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

PANE

The Sneasel made a quick movement, moving over to their blind spot. Faint Attack! It wasn't enough for Drummer to stop him from sending her into the air, but he made sure to follow through. Taking the moment of the end of the strike, Drummer took the Ice type by the neck, looped him around the fighting type's body, then slammed the Oberon into the floor of the deck.

Still, Mara was still in the air, and she seemed to of finished resting. However, the Zangoose was still ready to stike her in the air. Still, their combo relied on them working together... that was how the one-twos were coming... Seican, you are seriously a dumb ass! With the slashing attack sending into a spin, he had to play a new card. "Grass Whistle!" Sliding on the floor, she seemed to of been barelty better before the Synthesis, but now her hands were in front on her mouth, and she was playing a tune through the leaves. A relaxing luttle lulaby for the floored Sneasel.

"Arm Thrust!" With the Zangoose Stuck in the air, Makuhita took a quick dash over to underneath, and without hurry, went to use his flat palms to juggle Tyblat.

--------------------
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 10:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.