Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
6 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
A Dozen Eggs, A group dedicated to helping new users hatch their first dozen eggs.
ThunderMoss
post Feb 7 2012, 07:41 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 440

Active Squad

A Dozen Eggs

A group dedicated to welcoming new users to GPX,
by helping them all hatch their first dozen eggs.

Information
This group is for players who like to GIVE interactions to other players. We remember that our first eggs took a week to hatch. Many new players likely give up after thinking “this will take forever” before they learn how effective simply clicking others and become engaged in the community.

Initially we will be focusing our efforts on the user list of ‘Total Eggs Hatched’ and work our way from the last page (one egg hatched) to those who have hatched a dozen eggs. It is not expected that all members of the group will click these eggs each day since at present there are over 2,000 of them! Many of these eggs, however, are in parties whose players have long abandoned the game. When applying to join you must have the word, dozen, in all capital letters in the subject line. Over time, through our continued attention these eggs would be finished and only the new players would remain available to assist.

In the future we will expand our efforts to those who have not even hatched a single egg. At present, the best access to this is the short list of last 10 users to join the site. We will try to work out the best way to help these newest community members.

We will also have additional activities to provide opportunities for our members to give to the community at large. While there are several ideas under consideration we will defer specifics until the goup has actually developed and can consider them.

Core Activity: Members will click at least 200 eggs each day (starting with the 1-egg hatched and working up) and over the course of a week do 2,000 total. It is more important to do some every day than a whole lot one day and then nothing the rest of the week.

Rules for Group Posting:
(1) only group members can post;
(2) please be on-topic;
(3) all posts must contain at least one full sentence;
(4) do not make excessive posts in the thread as members should be able to catch up on the group news readily and not be distracted from dozen egg interaction efforts.

Who can Join:
Initially our membership criteria will be set relatively high but we anticipate they will be relaxed in the future. We simply want to start the group small so we can understand how much effort is required to accomplish our goals and manage the group.

Minimum Interactions 200,000
Minimum Eggs Hatched 2,000

Membership Form (complete and send by PM to ThunderMoss)
(click to show)

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Feb 11 2012, 09:38 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
post Feb 11 2012, 01:56 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Group Member List

Leaders: ThunderMoss - Matt Cat - Jacin Tatt - PkmHunter - Katniss - RainWater

Members: Starships - Klaine - Barney Stinson - Jaysus - Tadpole - Velocity - Mizuhisa - The Yatagarasu - Giraffe A Laugh - Tyranisaur - Big Papi - Jo Calderone - Slix - Zakariah - Jen - Sweeter - Esc - Spades Slick - teenbulma - Angelzrulez - Irk Splee - bijoukaiba - Nikki101709 - Zaevia - Two Lights - yaoifanatique - pumpkinking0192 - The Neverending Meep - DDLx - Shadow the Assassin - Brandon Smith - Nemu

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Aug 25 2012, 11:54 PM
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

CORE ACTIVITY: Help new users hatch their first dozen eggs.

PRIMARY METHOD: User List ~ User ranking in Eggs Hatched

Start here: http://gpxplus.net/users/stat/eggs_hatched/9999

This link should take you to the last page regardless of how many users/page you have in your settings.

Select 'Eggs' and get to clicking. If you finish this page and have some more clicks available then go the previous page. And repeat. It can take a while to work through all the pages which have those members with less than 12 eggs. Sometimes I do the page which has 11/12 players and sometimes I do not. Sometimes I continue further.

There are many users on these pages who have already retired from the game. Their parties could still have some immature eggs but with our efforts they will rapidly be completed even if never hatched.

And that is it. We will have other activities of a more varied and less exhaustive scale. The <12 group was about 2,600 eggs three weeks prior to starting this group. The week prior to starting the group it had declined to just over 1,800 eggs thanks to the multiplier weekends of the Site-wide Shiny Hunt. So far this is more a measure of clearing out the retired players until we get in stride and then it should be more a measure of users simply graduating into the 12+ ranks.

Weather Considerations: If you can do the Dozen Eggs sweep during Sunny weather it increases the benefits substantially. Similarly, if you can avoid doing it during Snowy weather you avoid the 1/3 reduction. This may not always be convenient so it is not really worth waiting for it may mean you would otherwise not do a set for the day.

Follow-up

If your schedule permits it can be pretty quick to do additional passes through the Dozen Eggs users. Typically this has been at most about 100 clicks depending on the overall activity level of the site.

---------------------

This activity leaves a very important gap: those users with zero eggs hatched. Several members are working on ideas on how we can most readily assist this group of players.

There are two approaches at present to try and reach these users:

(1) Use the eggs obtained list rather than eggs hatched. This list has not yet been given as much attention to clear out the eggs of retired players. It has a LOT more eggs to click in the 1-11 eggs obtained range. This will change steadily over time as we work on it.

This list can be found here: http://gpxplus.net/users/stat/eggs_obtained/9999

(2) Go to the general user list and then the last page. This list is sorted by user id so the newest users are all at the end. Most of these newest users should be reachable through the Eggs Hatched or Eggs Obtained lists. However, working from this list would have far fewer retired players so would actually reach those new to the site and of greatest need.

This list can be found here: http://gpxplus.net/users/9999/9999

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Feb 16 2012, 02:56 PM
+Quote Post

ThunderMoss
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Some Statistics

Approximately once per week I will gather some numbers on the egg population within the Eggs Hatched and Eggs Obtained Lists.

Date ....... 11eggs (users) . 12obtained (users) . Combined (users) . New Users

03/19/2012 ..... 383 (191) ...... 940 (417) ........... 940 (608) ..... 218
03/12/2012 ..... 681 (352) .... 1,820 (1,179) ....... 2,501 (1,531) ... 206
03/06/2012 ..... 851 (468) .... 3,110 (1,752) ....... 3,961 (2,220) ... 297
02/28/2012 ... 1,030 (594) .... 4,687 (2,384) ....... 5,717 (2,798) ... 280
02/21/2012 ... 1,150 (701) .... 6,130 (2,912) ....... 7,280 (3,613) ... 256
02/14/2012 ... 1,400 (904) .... 7,087 (3,195) ....... 8,487 (4,099)
^^^^^^^ A Dozen Eggs Group Starts ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
02/07/2012 ... 1,840 (1,147)
01/31/2012 ... 2,640 (~1,700)
01/24/2012 ... 2,645 (1,716)

TABLE NOTES:
(1) 11eggs is the count of eggs among users who hatched up to 11 eggs.
(2) 12obtained is the additional eggs not included in 11eggs value since I do the hatched list first.
(3) New Users is the change in the total count of users who have obtained at least one egg from the prior week.

The new users count gives us a general idea of how many interactions will be needed for our goal over the long term.

Simple math:

280 new users / week = 40/day * 100 interactions/egg * 12 eggs = 48,000 interactions/day

Yikes!

But this is conservative for many reasons: some new users never obtain any eggs, retire from the game before reaching 12eggs and the eggs will receive interactions from other players. So our group really needs to be providing perhaps 1/4 of this level of assistance or 12,000 interactions per day. Assuming our members are doing their daily 200 this would mean about 60 members while we are at about half of this level.

This post has been edited by ThunderMoss: Mar 20 2012, 03:33 AM
+Quote Post

Jacin Tatt
post Feb 11 2012, 07:08 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 136 753

Sparkle Sparkle

Yay, it's great to see that this is finally accepted grin.gif I love the group's goals and I can't wait to help make it a success!

--------------------

Maker of the Cherrim novelty Pokemon
Maker of the Flame Zorua/Zoroark novelty Pokemon

If you add me to your Pal Pad, I will do full-team clicks every day.

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Feb 11 2012, 09:24 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Oh, whoops. Forgot to make the banner background transparent! noes.gif

I'll fix that right away. In the meantime, let's get-a-hatchin'! grin.gif
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Feb 12 2012, 01:39 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

Yay this is awesome, our idea is unique, our goal is extensive, especially for the newcomers cat.gif

The 3 links TM posted in here can be used again in Beta, you just need to add "new" before gpxplus. I put all 3 here for your convenience.

http://new.gpxplus.net/users/stat/eggs_hatched/9999
http://new.gpxplus.net/users/stat/eggs_obtained/9999
http://new.gpxplus.net/users/online/9999

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Katniss
post Feb 12 2012, 01:50 AM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 43 666

My Friends

Great idea and I am happy to help with ideas and suggestions.

--------------------
--
I'm FelineFanatic on deviantART
felinefanatic.deviantart.com
+Quote Post

RainWater
post Feb 12 2012, 03:01 AM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 811

Active Squad

this should be a great group

--------------------

+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Feb 12 2012, 03:08 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 118

Active Squad

As I suggested in my form, we can construct a general massage that welcoming new users. The massage shouldn't be too long so he ain't get tired of reading the massage. But it shouldn't be too short either 'cause it'll be very difficult to understand in one sentence how this site works.
Anyway, if you want I can write draft for the massage and post it here so you can suggest any changes.

Edit: Done today the 1.8k clicks to <12 eggs hatched users.

This post has been edited by Barney Stinson: Feb 12 2012, 05:22 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Running On Ice
post Feb 12 2012, 11:11 AM
Post #11

There’s a lot of tension in this town
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 626

Active Squad

I sent the membership form and I filled it out correctly but I'm not on the user list? Why?

--------------------
FRIEND CODE: 4527-8945-5766; NAME: Laura
FRIEND SAFARI: NORMAL; PM me so we can trade codes

Clubs and Shinies (click to show)

"Don't take advice from people like me. Do your own thing always"- Chrissie Hynde, from ironically a thing titled "Chrissie Hynde's Advice To Chick Rockers"
+Quote Post

Tyranisaur
post Feb 12 2012, 12:31 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

What is considered the best way of clicking users that haven't hatched any eggs? This is that we can use http://gpxplus.net/users/ to find all users, and then go to the last page. That would be the newest users because it is sorted by id numbers. But this list has a lot more eggs than the stat for eggs hatched total, so there might be some users that have hatched more eggs with that method.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
+Quote Post

BTS Jin
post Feb 12 2012, 12:58 PM
Post #13

you can't eat a pool
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 146

we only swim free

QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Feb 12 2012, 09:31 AM) *
What is considered the best way of clicking users that haven't hatched any eggs? This is that we can use http://gpxplus.net/users/ to find all users, and then go to the last page. That would be the newest users because it is sorted by id numbers. But this list has a lot more eggs than the stat for eggs hatched total, so there might be some users that have hatched more eggs with that method.

I agree; I've suggested that before as well. But also, not only is the group dedicated to helping out new users, but mostly users who have not hatched eggs yet. Surprisingly, many of those users have already hatched a few eggs. I believe it is the users who have not hatched eggs at all yet that we need to focus on, before even more of them quit.

--------------------
justnosense

ripulse
allegro
manila
klaine
kurtbastian
wooper

teen heat
+Quote Post

PkmHunter
post Feb 12 2012, 01:31 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 639

The Soul Reaper

QUOTE(ShatteredGlass @ Feb 12 2012, 04:11 PM) *
I sent the membership form and I filled it out correctly but I'm not on the user list? Why?

I'm sure TM is busy with something on her quiet Sunday. Everything should be all set soon happy.gif

QUOTE(Klaine @ Feb 12 2012, 05:58 PM) *
QUOTE(Tyranisaur @ Feb 12 2012, 09:31 AM) *

I agree; I've suggested that before as well. But also, not only is the group dedicated to helping out new users, but mostly users who have not hatched eggs yet. Surprisingly, many of those users have already hatched a few eggs. I believe it is the users who have not hatched eggs at all yet that we need to focus on, before even more of them quit.

I think we can use both methods to help people out. However if you want to save time clicking, I'd suggest you to click eggs only.

--------------------

Please fix the NPC Bug reported since March 2011

Individually encountered the bug over 100 times...When will this really end? sad.gif
Bug Photo Collection lol

Think Shiny... think shiny... shiny... s..h..i..n...y.....Shaymin.........*fainted*

+Quote Post

Zakariah
post Feb 12 2012, 01:48 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 377

Active Squad

Just been accepted in.

Really do think the idea of this group is great and original.

Look forward to contributing happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Feb 12 2012, 01:53 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I rather use ThunderMoss method, cause this way I click only on users with less then 12 eggs hatched.
Your suggested method may consist many users who already hatched much more then 12 eggs (like on the multiplyer today or by unique views). I prefer to first click on users that I'm 100% percent sure that they need help then users that I'm only 90% percent sure they need help.

Anyway, i think the best way should be click the users on the eggs_hatched list and then go by the id.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Giraffe A Laugh
post Feb 12 2012, 03:48 PM
Post #17

That one laughing Giraffe
Group Icon

Member No.: 66 646

Active Squad

To be honest, I think Ty's method is really good aha, I'll just do both methods anyways, and also, thanks for accepting me into the group xp
I look forward to helping the newer members out cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Apple Bloom
post Feb 12 2012, 03:55 PM
Post #18

Hi am a Apple Bloom fan
Group Icon

Member No.: 110 919

Ponies <3333333333

I will do Ty's method whenever I am on my pc

--------------------

Art made for me(credit for the creators) (click to show)

Awards (click to show)

Previously Sweetie Bloomaloo,Apple Bloom,Mizuhisa,Mizuki Himeji,Lucky Star 9,Kenitchi Shirihama n Mari, Birdy Seafann Artita,pallkia
+Quote Post

Barney Stinson
post Feb 12 2012, 04:23 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

What about the eggs obtained list?
This list should do the job.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tadpole
post Feb 12 2012, 07:42 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 144 025

Hey

Many people on the last page of the 'Pokemon Obtained' list have hatched 0 eggs. Just the random few that i clicked on.

What about the eggs obtained list?
This list should do the job.

I guess this would work too... i just wish "0" was included in the eggs hatched stats.

This post has been edited by Tadpole: Feb 13 2012, 12:16 AM
+Quote Post

6 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 07:56 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.