Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Explanation about Views needed, please!
demonology
post Mar 27 2009, 01:32 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 551

Active Squad

Hello,
As a new member of the site I am quite confused how the Unique wiews and wiews work. How can I obtain them.

I know about interactions. It grows up when someone warms up my egg.

If I put my link
http://gpxplus.net/user/iryska
and someone will click it... what will gain +1

If I put link to one of my eggs (like in my signature) and someone clicks it but does not warm my egg... what will grow up +1?

If I make a post and someone views that page with my post... will the pokemon included in that post gain +1 (and +1 of what)

And what is the quickest way to hatch egg. Only uniqueViews, only views or only interact... or maybe equal value of all them.

I was searching the board to find those answers, but I failed... So please could you be so kind and help me?
I know that you can click ? next to each View or Unique view to get an explanation, but I am a foreigner (from Poland actually) and even though I understand each single word of that explanation, I still dont get the whole picture... I tried to post mz link http://gpxplus.net/user/iryska on various other boards and get my friends to click it to see through experience what it will get me... but it was inconclusive for me...

So simply can anyone give me a sample link that will make mz eggs grow most efficienly? And then I would edit it to contain my pokes and start posting them.

EDIT. Can you trade eggs too or only hatched ones?

--------------------

Do you ever wonder what do I do with my eggies? Cheffy.gif well... better dont ask... devil.gif
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

layze
post Mar 27 2009, 01:34 PM
Post #2

Burninating the countryside since 2003!
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 711

Active Squad

Wait, so are views turned back on? I haven't been paying attention. :/

--------------------
Hello, children! Today, I will tell a story; a story of the creation of the universe.

Be warned, as this story may contain harsh language and conflict with your entirely incorrect religion! You have been warned!

*ahem*

Spoiler (click to showhide)

And that is how the universe was created! Over the years a few bits were lost in translation, like the No-Breakfast Pillar became the "Spear Pillar" and the Breakfast Flute became the "Azure Flute", but it is still mostly intact. So long as you don't listen to those ****ing communist-ass Pokedexes. Feel free to PM me if you want the full story on the origin of any of the other legendary Pokemon!

I'm clicking back again, so feel free to help me out.
+Quote Post

demonology
post Mar 27 2009, 01:36 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(layze @ Mar 27 2009, 01:34 PM) *
Wait, so are views turned back on? I haven't been paying attention. :/

srsfacts.gif I guess so. Cause I can see them on my PARTY page (between Hapiness and Unique Views)

--------------------

Do you ever wonder what do I do with my eggies? Cheffy.gif well... better dont ask... devil.gif
+Quote Post

layze
post Mar 27 2009, 01:37 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Active Squad

Cool! My Pikachu can start fighting his way up the view list again! cat.gif

--------------------
Hello, children! Today, I will tell a story; a story of the creation of the universe.

Be warned, as this story may contain harsh language and conflict with your entirely incorrect religion! You have been warned!

*ahem*

And that is how the universe was created! Over the years a few bits were lost in translation, like the No-Breakfast Pillar became the "Spear Pillar" and the Breakfast Flute became the "Azure Flute", but it is still mostly intact. So long as you don't listen to those ****ing communist-ass Pokedexes. Feel free to PM me if you want the full story on the origin of any of the other legendary Pokemon!

+Quote Post

demonology
post Mar 27 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Any tips for me on tp how grow my pokes? Please

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lotheneil
post Mar 27 2009, 05:23 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 478

Active Squad

I THINK views from the party page don't count (not the way they do in DC), but putting my eggs in signature seem to give them views. I'd like to ask for clarification on that matter as well.
From what I've observed for eggs click gives them 60 maturity and unique view 20 - so they help greatly.

--------------------

All favours returned (unless you catch me asleep happy.gif)
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Mar 27 2009, 07:26 PM
Post #7

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Views are only increased if the image itself is viewed from an external website (views do not go up if someone visits your Pokémon's info page or your user page). They get more of an increase if they're viewed from this forum to help promote the users of GPXPlus to be active here too.

Clicks are only when a user goes to the interact page and warms/feeds a berry. There are no other ways to get any increases (other than letting your Pokémon sit in the Daycare).

Clicks definitely give the most, uniques giving second most, and duplicate views giving least. It's best to get a blend of them all though. What this means is instead of just putting a link to your Pokémon in your signature or wherever else on another website, put their actual images with the link so that they get the views increase and the clicks increase when a person decides to click on one of the images.

And no you can't trade eggs or Pokémon. You can abandon an egg/Pokémon after you've had it for at least a day and you can adopt other abandoned ones from the Shelter.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

King Puffington
post Mar 27 2009, 07:28 PM
Post #8

Custom member title
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 578

Random pokemon

If it is placed in your signature somewhere and it's viewed, you get a Unique View worth 20. If they view it again I think it's only worth 3 each time. Interactions are worth 60. Viewing the image while on the gpxplus site does not register as a view of either kind.

Snap I was beaten.

This post has been edited by King Puffington: Mar 27 2009, 07:29 PM
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Mar 27 2009, 07:32 PM
Post #9

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(King Puffington @ Mar 27 2009, 08:28 PM) *
If it is placed in your signature somewhere and it's viewed, you get a Unique View worth 20. If they view it again I think it's only worth 3 each time. Interactions are worth 60. Viewing the image while on the gpxplus site does not register as a view of either kind.

Snap I was beaten.

It's not actually a static number like that so going by your example it wouldn't always be 20.

--------------------
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

King Puffington
post Mar 27 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #10

Custom member title
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 578

Random pokemon

That's interesting. I was just playing around and got those numbers. :P
+Quote Post

CrazyKate
post Mar 27 2009, 07:34 PM
Post #11

Don't touch meh trombone....
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 702

Active Squad

A couple of my pokemon I put in my signature at the same time, why are their views different?

--------------------

Currently Breeding (click to show)
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Mar 27 2009, 10:08 PM
Post #12

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

My Favorites

QUOTE(CrazyKate101 @ Mar 27 2009, 08:34 PM) *
A couple of my pokemon I put in my signature at the same time, why are their views different?

Could be a number of things. More than likely it's due to caching. Browsers cache images so that they do not have to redownload them all the time. We have it setup so it tells the browser to only cache them for a very short time but it's possible that the cache period ended on some of them before another so it actually accessed the image's location on some but used the cache image for the others thus updating the views on for the ones it reaccessed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

CrazyKate
post Mar 27 2009, 10:14 PM
Post #13

Don't touch meh trombone....
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 702

Active Squad

Okay, that seems like a good explanation. Thank you!

--------------------

Currently Breeding (click to show)
+Quote Post

demonology
post Mar 27 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zerxer @ Mar 27 2009, 07:26 PM) *
And no you can't trade eggs or Pokémon. You can abandon an egg/Pokémon after you've had it for at least a day and you can adopt other abandoned ones from the Shelter.

???
But here in the forum we can trade pokemon... Arent they the pokes from Global Pokedex? If not how can I obtain tradeable pokemon?

And can I make a post - my showcase (ptting al my pokemon and eggs there?

This post has been edited by iryska: Mar 27 2009, 11:57 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Mar 27 2009, 11:56 PM
Post #15

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(iryska @ Mar 27 2009, 09:56 PM) *
QUOTE(Zerxer @ Mar 27 2009, 07:26 PM) *

???
But here in the forum we can trade pokemon... Arent they the pokes from Global Pokedex? If not how can I obtain tradeable pokemon?

That's for the actual Pokémon games themselves.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

demonology
post Mar 28 2009, 12:02 AM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Ghosh... So can you add a link to the game itself... Is it online?

--------------------

+Quote Post

layze
post Mar 28 2009, 12:58 AM
Post #17

Group Icon

Active Squad

No, they cost about 30 bucks and you can play them in your Game Boy or DS.

--------------------

*ahem*

+Quote Post

demonology
post Mar 28 2009, 01:08 AM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(layze @ Mar 28 2009, 12:58 AM) *
No, they cost about 30 bucks and you can play them in your Game Boy or DS.

OK. I have Game Boy... But dont you need cable to trade? And it requires being close t each others???

--------------------

+Quote Post

layze
post Mar 28 2009, 01:10 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Active Squad

Ever heard of Wi-Fi? :l

DSes can trade over the internet.

This post has been edited by layze: Mar 28 2009, 01:11 AM

--------------------

*ahem*

+Quote Post

demonology
post Mar 28 2009, 01:27 AM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(layze @ Mar 28 2009, 01:10 AM) *

Ever heard of Wi-Fi? :l

DSes can trade over the internet.

Wow...
Heh. I dont know what a wi--fi is, but I am not too eager to know. Thanks anyway...

PS. Is there a list of available pokes on Global Pokedex game (or all the pokemon from games are available?). I am not saying about a guide which poke from which egg. Just the list - to know how much do you miss

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th May 2024 - 04:24 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.