Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Kile Yansome, Is this where I submit my profile?
Neoixan
post Oct 18 2011, 08:19 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 86 781

Active Squad

Name: Kile Yansome
Hometown: Hoenn
Appearance:
Kile is a 5'7" white male, with a slender body and a cheeky, angular face. His body is fit enough to handle self-defense and long journeys. His hair is relatively short with a small front bang hanging towards his right and is naturally an amber color but he dyes the tips black, it also appears crisp due to a special chemical treatment he did when he was 16. He has fine lips and his ears point up with a small spike. His eyes are almost a white grey though a cocoa color around the pupil. He has had surgey on his nose once for medical needs, as well as his knee due to a motorcycle accident when he was 14. He is what you would call a photogenic with a wide smile.
If he could, Kile would travel around in a suit. He dresses to impress and never slouches. On a regular basis, he tends to use the few fashion clothes he has, along with whatever the environment may call for. He prefers t-shirts or collar shirts of colors white and cyan, with simple jeans, tennis shoes and a belt to carry his pokeballs. It is not like Kile to wear hoodies or extra accessories. His messenger bag has a camouflaging design with a dark blue palette.

Personality:
Kile has only ever been interested in two things: humans and pokemon. He likes to test people and pokemon alike, understand how they work and why. In order to go through with that, Kile decided, that he would not get attached to anyone and therefore, never have friends. Preferably instead, he would work with allies if necessary.
Kile's main goals are to be a pokemon master and to write books on humans' interaction with pokemon. This would imply that he cares for both people and pokemon, and he doesn't mind if others think that, but it's not how he sees it. Kile only observes and takes notes because of his habit. He is very curious, and even though he doesn't like to admit it, becoming wiser and smarter is like an addiction for him.
On the outside, Kile is a charming guy whom acts like a spokesperson when needed, he's always careful of his choice of words -if any at all. He isn't shy with girls but doesn't try to impress them either, after all, they're just another human to him. When it's break time, he rarely sits to rest. There is always something he can do; he never takes time for granted. Kile is the kind of determined guy who would do almost anything to achieve his desires. He is not the kind of person that just has a 'bad day,' he is able to keep motivating himself and stay ahead of the game. Along with this ability, Kile has a great sense of respect and has easily gain allies over the years for these reasons.
Despite all of his pickyness and habits, Kile is far from psychotic and would never double-cross someone. He always gives people two chances to prove themselves trustworthy and believes he deserves an equal treatment.
His pokemon have an understanding of whom he is; he would only accept the kind pokemon that could handle Kile's intensiveness into the team, even so, he doesn't truly care for his pokemon. They are more or less like tools to him and he isn't afraid of putting one of them in danger for his own sake. That being said, he knows it isn't easy to come across willing pokemon and so he is forced to take care of them.
When it comes to battling, he approaches it as if dealing with any anger he may have held in. (ie. He feels like he can only express himself during poke battles.) In some ways, he takes his anger out on his pokemon by excessively battling, since it's an 'acceptable' behavior to expect the best pokemon out of the best man, no one else seems to think much of it. The only thing he's afraid of is diving; he'll always refuse to explain psychologically why.

Biography:
Kile was born in Sandgem Town, Sinnoh, an only child to a psychiatrist mom and a ranger dad. His dad took frequent trips to the Fiore region for work and Kile always turned to his supporting mom for help, though Kile usually had to help her in the house because of her worsening health. The only reason he did not resent his dad was because Kile became proud of his dad's achievements and dedication to the family despite his absents. Growing up, he was home schooled; he only focused on excelling and proving himself but Kile began to understand that acting like an egotist brought unsatisfactory situations- courtesy of his 'friends.' He went through a two year depression state at a young age because he believed what his friends said, he kept crashing from trying to be the person he was until he realized that he had to become stronger than that. At age 8, he still felt better than others but the reason was because he understood how normal being a kid was. He became aware that he changed and knew who he was, but he didn't comprehend how. From then on, he stepped back from climbing the social ladder and attempted to make theories about the human mind. Keeping this same mentality resulted virtuous for him.
He, like most kids, got his first pokemon at age 11 from Professor Rowan: a selfish, lonely female Chimchar named Kemeka. The more attached Kemeka felt to Kile, the more certain he was of how he wanted to live life. Alone. Still, he let the relationship between them be knit-tight. He found his Chinchou one late sunset at Route 219's beach. He kept hearing the Chinchou's cry and saw that it was closer to the shore than normal. Kile called his dad and aided the pokemon with his dad's advice. The Chinchou had been a stray from the ocean who got poisoned by a Tentacool. Kile decided to take his (probably) only chance at catching a water pokemon and easily captured the Chinchou. With time, Raya the Chinchou, proved to be strong willed but quiet. Kile attended to Raya by instinct so Raya allowed Kemeka most of Kile's attention as she accustomed to Kile's personality.
When his dad was able to retire not long after, they planned to move to Dewford Town, Hoenn and Kile carefully readied himself and his pokemon alike. He expected himself to become a castaway but it was the complete opposite, because of his dad, Kile actually became popular. Up until then, Kile had been satisfied just owning his pokemon but with dad's influence he decided to get into pokemon battling -mainly the theory of it. He continue to dedicate his time to his regular studies, and like his mom, he started to become even more interested in human and pokemon behavior.
Then when he turned 14, he was almost killed by a motorcycle driver if it would have not been for a random Aron that used Protect to save him. Still, Kile had to get surgery because his knee was slightly dislocated. Later, he found out that the Aron lived in Granite Cave but it was too dangerous for him at the time and he wouldn't disobey his mother. Kile found himself coming across the careless Aron a few times and one night he was finally able to corner the pokemon into a battle. It was a capture thanks to Kemeka's help and Chichi the male Aron joined the team. Chichi was laid back and shared Kile's strange love for Rock Candy. Chichi didn't care whether Kile was crazy or not -he didn't even care if he was alone.
The next year, his mother died. Kile only sighed and accepted the matter, he knew this was coming and he knew that it would be a test to see if he really could live without friends. Kile only cried out of acceptance that it was normal to do so at a funeral. It seemed that after her death, he easily bottled up, but it also lead him to be more determined to become everything he always wanted to be -it was the only thing he knew, after all.
It was quite some years after that he found out about Furoh and set off with yet a new goal in mind: become famous. If beating the champion was all it took, then it may have just been too easy. So he also promised himself to make an influence in this new region.

Class: Trainer / Researcher.
Starting Pokemon:

Kemeka the (f) Chimchar - Lv 8 | Blaze - Ember, Taunt, Slack Off, Fury Swipes.

Raya the (f) Chinchou - Lv 7 | Volt Absorb - Confuse Ray, Water Gun, Spark, Flail.

Chichi the (m) Aron - Lv 5 | Rock Head - Protect, Mud-Slap, Harden, Metal Claw.

Items:
1 pokedex
1 mesenger bag
5 pokeballs
3 potions
1 full heal
1 revive

What is the biscuit's name? The Biscuit's name is Scheherazade.
Other: This is the FIRST time I've written so much about a character, I think, since my (actually developed / practice) Gary Stu character. I think I'm 'up for it' because usually I don't write more than a paragraph while roleplaying so I want to push myself and improve in my writing. (English isn't my first language.)
I created the personality before his biography so I tried to match it up but it was hard so any pointers would be appreciated cat.gif I'll probably add any updates below this, like if I make changes.
Thanks for the pointers, I read through it, made lots of (mainly grammar) changes. Wow, I can't believe I dared to send this without checking spelling *facepalm* I won't make that mistake again. I also decided to change the movesets after reading through other forums.

--------------------
PANE (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Oct 18 2011, 10:11 PM
Post #2

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

QUOTE(Biography)
Growing up, he was home schooled; he only focused on excelling and proving himself but Kile soon found out that acting like an egotist brought unsatisfactory situations- curtesy of his friends. He went through a two year depression state at a young age, but he was stronger than that. At age 8, he still felt better than others but because he understood how normal being a kid was. From then on, he generally kept the same mentality and it resulted virtuous.

I'm not quite sure exactly what point you're trying to make here. It explains his elitism and gives a subtle hint as to why he wants to study the relationship between Pokemon and Humans. I may have missed the point. But that's my point: I feel like it could be worded a bit more succintly and clearly.

My main complaint would be to keep tabs on your tenses. Sometimes you write in present, then switch to past, then back again. It can be a bit disorienting.

The biography is interesting, and it'll be nice to see a character who is not a poke-hugging goody-goody. I know I'm going to keep tabs on Kile as he travels around Furoh.

In any case, unless another mod objects, you're accepted. Go ahead and post in the current levels thread.

Most importantly: Have fun.

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 01:49 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.