Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hazelwood Academy (OOC - Chat Only), Brought to you by Arcyena and Runi
Darkrow
post Aug 17 2011, 02:33 PM
Post #21

Some frickin' video game nerd.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 016

Unbreakable Team

I can put one if you want, I'm just lazy. XD

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Aug 17 2011, 02:39 PM
Post #22

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 518

Active Squad

Darkie, your appearance image is being derp. I assume it's this one though, right? I bet mine's gonna be derp now...

Haha, Jer's gonna be the only underage one in the group XD

And yes Darkie, you're a VIP. However, with great status, comes great responsibility. You best had be posting regular in this RP *dons the RP military-cap*

Horoscopes being accurate... what's the world coming to?!?!?

Right, in response to your edits, I've decided that...

I'M CLOSING NEUTRAL SIGN UPS. NO MORE NEUTRAL CHARACTERS WILL BE ACCEPTED. I'M UPDATING THE OOC. RAAAAAAAAAAAAGH CAPS LOCK

EDIT: I'm fine without a Bio, hence why I said they weren't really necessary. Arcy tries to be true to his word, you know?

This post has been edited by Arcyena: Aug 17 2011, 02:40 PM
+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 17 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #23

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I bet you two can guess what prevented her from going past Year Four. XD

And yes, it's that one. Stupid quote ruining everything...

Also, Runi, that will make Shelia... uneasy. And submissive if she splashes some water near her. XD

Is it Shana? 8D *shot*

--------------------
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 17 2011, 03:18 PM
Post #24

And take me away, make it okay; I swear I'll behave .
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 900

Just s t a y close

Maybe lots of RAGEQUITS ? She could always ask Jer to help tutor her, but he probably wouldn't do a good job seeing as he just memorizes pretty much everything.

I think my girl (name's Shae, so no Shana repeat; sorry dearie) will only use said water if Shelia might ruin the Girl's chance of winning. Otherwise, she can do whatever she wants.

While on the topic of horoscopes that are scarily accurate, i have another creepy coincidence:
So yesterday i went to the library and i stumble across a book titled "Girl vs. Boy". I pick it up and read the back, but the main jist of it is that "there's a school and now the genders have been pitted against each other in a school event".
Yeah. I dunno whether to be excited to read it or scared that it might predict the outcome of this RP s:

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!
Thanks also to Doctor Octopus for the punny bar >w<

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 17 2011, 03:25 PM
Post #25

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

That's fine, I was just being silly. Wouldn't really fit a leader anyways. XD

And you're half right with the RAGEQUITS. There's another part in that, and there's a hint in the Extras section.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Aug 17 2011, 04:39 PM
Post #26

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Right, just to let you guys know, this is NOT Dray's finished profile. The only reason I'm posting this is because Word seems to be having some trouble saving, and I'd rather not start from scratch :/

So anyway, in all his unfinished glory...

Scratch that, he's done. Awesome. Awesome to the max. awesome.gif

Name: Drayden ‘Dray’ Marshall

Alignment: Neutral

Gijinka Sub-Species: Jolteon

School Year: Seven

Appearance:
Reference (The only major difference is the fact that his feet are much more human shaped, though they are still pretty large. Well, his outfit does change from time to time as well, though the one in the picture is his preferred day-to-day one.)

While not really impressive, Dray does posses a rather striking figure. Even in a world full of Gijinka, he’s not really ‘of the norm’.

First up, there’s his hair. At the front and sides, his Dray’s hair reaches just about down to his chin if held straight, which while fairly long for a boy, is still quite reasonable. It’s long enough to hide his eyes, which happen to have iris’ exactly the same yellow as his hair colour, though this doesn’t usually happen due to the fact that his hair has a rather drastic natural part. At most, perhaps half of his left eye will be covered, but for the most part, almost all of the skin on the teen’s face is completely visible.

However, when one begins to consider the length of his hair at the back of his head, things start to get a little… extreme. The strands, all of which are completely natural, are well over half of his height in terms of length. When you consider the fact that he stands at 5’11’’, just shy of six foot, it’s pretty damn long. As well as it’s exceptional length, there’s also the matter that his hair has both a rather exceptional, spiky, natural form, along with the fact that it is quite a bold yellow in colour. Not the most conservative of hair styles, it must be said.

On top of this rather unique styling, Dray’s hair also possess the same characteristics of a Jolteon’s fur, those being that when his emotions heighten to a certain point, this point being much lower with negative emotions, his hair will suddenly become needle-like, and visible sparks will start jumping between the strands. If he happens to be sitting on his hair, which is far from an uncommon occurrence, at times such as these he will very often find that his backside has in fact been impaled by said spiky fibres, which isn’t really the most pleasant of experience. The hair on his ears also behaves in this way, though due to the fact it is considerably shorter, chances are it’s not going to be noticed unless someone plans on pressing their hands into Dray’s ears when he’s annoyed, in which case, they’ve got a barrier of rather strong static to get through.

As well as all of this, the eighteen year old also has the strange habit of quite commonly not wearing any footwear, not even socks. Obviously, if he knows he’s going to have to walk over something uncomfortable at some point in the day, or knows that he has to be just that little bit more sophisticated, he’ll don a pair of shoes (usually some kind of run-of-the-mill white sneakers), but on a day-to-day occurrence, he’ll quite happily be barefooted. Strangely enough, he’s never really had that many complaints about this. Aside from having rather large, size thirteen feet, there’s not much particular ‘wrong’ about them. They don’t have much of an odour at all, so they don’t put people off during lessons, the skin on them is completely healthy, so why would anyone complain?

As far as his actual clothing is concerned, well, this side of Dray is just that little bit more conservative. Still, it’s not too hard to be more conservative that four foot long bold yellow hair. Slightly baggy pants, sleeveless shirts, and three pairs of bright yellow sweat bands which interchangeably adorn his arms. They’re hardly ‘in your face’ clothing, but when you consider he’s trying to pick colours which don’t look ridiculous with his hair, you’ll find that attention gets drawn to him either due to the fact that plain clothes contrast drastically with his bold hair, or the equally bold colours of his clothing draw the attention themselves.

One of Dray’s favourite day-to-day sets of clothing is a slightly oversized, custom sleeveless shirt he got for his seventeenth birthday, along with a pair of pale yellow, slightly baggy bog-standard pair of pants. The shirt is predominantly bright yellow in colour, though around it’s collar, which actually has quite a large neck (long enough to make a fair chunk of the teen’s chest visible) is a white border, separated from the yellow with a jaggy pattern. The white section is very much reminiscent to that of a Jolteon’s mane, something many have pointed out to Dray as if he hasn’t ever noticed it before. The shirt itself, while being quite clearly just that little bit too long, isn’t really too bad of a fit width wise. Yes, it does leave a bit of breathing space, but no more than what his pants leave his legs. In fact, it’s fair to say that his shirt is just that little bit of a tighter fit.

In terms of visible build, there’s not too much to be amazed about with Dray. While it is true that he does have some visible muscle tonage, in particular with his arms and legs, there’s not much to write home about. Yes, he may well have what some would argue to be a ‘six-pack’ and ‘abs’, but it’s nowhere near as prominent as one would expect. The only real reason it’s visible is because Dray has next to no body fat. Seriously, if someone were to try pinching his skin in order to find some flab, they’d probably end up ripping the teen’s skin off first.

Personality: Generally, Dray is a very nice guy and quite a nice friend to have. Willing to help anyone, constantly trying to be aware of the feelings of those around him, he ticks all the boxes. Along with this, it usually takes quite a bit to get him agitated. One of the things that is enough to set him off however is seeing rather blatant acts of bullying. If he happens to catch a glimpse of one student berating another, physically or verbally, he won’t hesitate to step in and extinguish the situation, even if the bully happens to be a seventh year. Given the fact that Shelia and Jeremy are usually accompanying him, as well as the fact that Dray himself isn’t exactly know for being a wimp, the bully normally doesn’t take too much persuasion.

However, despite all these rather amicable qualities, Dray does have a token gesture of a devilish streak, leading him to be quite willing to ‘poke a little bit of fun’ at people and take part in the likes of light-hearted pranks. They’ll never be anything too severe, nothing along the lines of pins on chairs or chewing gum in people’s hair (he’s experienced the latter first hand, God was that a nightmare…), merely subtle things like hiding an object from someone for a short period of time. However, he’ll only perform these little acts on people he feels will understand that he’s merely having a bit of fun, since he’s really not the kind to willingly upset someone at all.

As well as being rather friendly, Dray’s also not really the kind to shy away from anything. He’ll quite willingly give anything and everything a chance, even if there’s some risk involved. In this sense, it’d be quite apt to label him as fearless, which for the most part, would most certainly be true. Heights? He’s fine with those. Fire? Doesn’t bother him. No, this is not because he’s too stupid to be afraid of these things. Naďve? Quite possibly, but it certainly isn’t a result of stupidity. The young man is simply under the impression that being scared of these kind of things is pointless. Simple as that. After all, if you really want to do something, why should some irrational fear stop you?

The only thing that’ll routinely, truly terrify Dray is being in a hospital, in particular, surgeries. He really doesn’t like the thought of people messing around with the interior parts of his body. A cut on his skin won’t bother him, but the second he starts to think of, say, an operation or a vaccine, the thoughts of his internal body being altered causes him to break into a cold sweat, prolonging this will even cause involuntary tremors.

Dray’s most defining feature of his personality, however, is nothing to do with this fearlessness. In fact, his fearlessness is probably actually a result of this trait.

For some strange reason, unless Dray is taking part in something he finds himself having an active interest in, he’ll actually find himself slowly drifting off into sleep. Normally, day to day interactions are enough to cease this, due to the fact that when he talks to someone (or rather when they are talking to him) he is actually listening to every single word they, despite how he may be acting. Obviously, this leads to quite a bit of trouble when he’s in the middle of the ‘dull’ academic lessons (such as any Science or Maths), in which students will actually take bets on how long it’ll take him to fall asleep.

In contrast to this, however, when Dray is in fact interested in something, which is pretty much everything that isn’t labelled as dull by the majority, he’s very much the definition of an energy bomb. He’ll routinely see his task(s) through to the finish, and will even go the extra mile to make sure he completes it to the utmost perfection, or beyond. Singing and playing guitar and his main passions, the initial being introduced to him by his parents form of containing his seemingly boundless energy, the latter being something he picked up in the academy when he discovered both the fact that he had ‘perfect pitch’ hearing, along with just how much of a pitch range he could conjure up with his voice. On top of this, he also has quite an appetite for taking part in sports and sparring. These two are literally simply used as easy way for Dray to burn off some of his seemingly limitless energy, but at the same time, the Jolteon finds them rather enjoyable, leaving him very much in a win-win situation.

Essentially, anything physically demanding he seems to enjoy, though oddly enough he also has quite the interest in musical theory, most probably due to the fact that he can see the practicality of studying it. This side of Dray often leads people to believe that when he explains why he fell asleep, he’s simply making up rather poor excuses for not doing something, since when he does do something though in reality it couldn’t be any further from the truth.

The way that Dray prefers, or rather ‘won’t entertain the thought of anything other than’, interesting things also seems to influence his preference for taste. For example, if there’s a food which is strong in flavour, any flavour at all, he’ll most certainly take a liking to it. Extremely sour fruits, raw meats, anything. As long as it has enough flavour to satisfy his taste buds, he’ll love it. However, anything that tastes rather bland, such as tofu or certain vegetables, he’ll find himself simply abandoning the food and looking for something else to eat, such are his preferences.

Dray never really understood ‘the whole gender rivalry thing’ this school seems so keen on, so he doesn’t take part in the contests at all, well, unless he feels inclined to. He’ll quite readily accept bribes to perform for either of the genders, and has actually done this routinely in talent shows and sports days since his first year. These bribes are one of the ways he manages to sustain himself while at school (drinking alcohol doesn’t come cheap after all), as well as provide himself with a few extra ‘priveleges’, his most prized of these being his seven string Ibanez electric guitar Needless to say, this was the result of a one-off massive bribe when one of the ‘leaders’ just so happened to come from a rather rich family, most of the time, these bribes usually come in the form of much less expensive gifts, such as crates of beer, or even additional time in the school’s music studio. These bribes are prime examples of the dedication most students are willing to make to win these competitions, something Dray just simply can’t comprehend. That doesn’t really matter though, if he’s getting essentially ‘paid’ to do tasks which he actually enjoys, what does it matter. Yes, he may have quite the reputation as a mercenary around the school, given the way that he has taken these bribes literally every year since he has joined, but still…

Bio: Dray has had a regular life for the most part, despite being born as a ball of seemingly endless energy. Loving parents, that little sister that while occasionally annoying, clearly had the best of intentions for your well being, coping through the daily encounters in high school, the kind of life one would imagine for a young male. However, once he reached the age at sixteen, things started to get a little complicated.

Once he reached this age, his mother began to feel overburdened with Dray’s currently 14 year old sister. This was merely due to the fact that at this age, Sarah (the younger sibling) was in the midst of her pubescent stages, her emotions going haywire and leaving her mother with quite the difficult child on her hands. When he came home during the Christmas holidays of this year, Dray discovered what had been going on and approached his mother about it, wondering if there was anything he could do to help, but his mother merely wafted away his concern while a smile adorned her face. Apparently, she had been expecting this for quite a while, and was actually quite happy to deal with Sarah herself, seeing this as one of life’s challenges she simply had to overcome herself, something which Dray respected and simply left her to it. However, this didn’t mean that he didn’t drop a few subtle hints to his sister at time to time, who seemed to understand full well that she was being a bit of pain, yet simply couldn’t control herself sometimes.

In other words, the two knew there was a problem, and were addressing it. So everything was okay, right? Well, not in someone’s eyes…

At this time, the workplace which Dray’s father worked at was currently going through a phase where they were cutting staff which they deemed ‘unnecessary’, leaving him to be quite stressed whenever he came back from work. He would relieve his stress by visiting the local pub, before returning his home and continuing to drink. One time however, when he returned from his evening drinking session one day, Dray’s father blamed the Jolteon Gijinka for not being there when he could, despite being at home whenever his school hours would permit him, a view which stuck for the following weeks even when the elder Umbereon Gijinka was completely sober. This continued for the entire remainder of the holiday, eventually leading to a massive rift forming between Dray and his father, leading the two to truly despise one another and take part in some much more than verbal ‘encounters’.

As one may or may not expect, Dray hasn’t gone home for his holidays since his sixth year as a result of these confrontations, even through the summer. He does his best to keep in contact with his sister and his mother, though recently, he’s begun to wonder whether his letters are actually getting through to them. Everyone now and again, he gets a letter sent to him that his mother and sister hadn’t heard from him and a while and are wondering about his well being, despite the fact that he had actually sent them a letter no more than a week ago. There is one clear outcome that can be deduced through this, but it’s not something that Dray would particularly want to believe. He may well despise his father, but he wasn’t quite under the impression that the 40 year old would cut off his son’s contact from the rest of his family.

Jer and Shelia are completely aware of this rift, though it isn’t ground that Dray will tread on so easily, something which they are both equally aware of.

Extra: With regards to his musical ability, Dray has only just found out over this summer how to both sing and play his guitar at the same time. However, despite such a short time frame, he has gotten the hang of it drastically quickly when he figured it out, to the extent that doing both at the same time doesn’t make either worse. This is a prime example of how when he sets his mind to doing something, there’s not much that can stop him, other than the fact whether it’s physically possible for him to do it. His singing voice can reach quite a high pitch for a male. Not many 18 year old males can say they can reach an F#5, not those that haven’t been castrated anyway.

Despite this however, his normal tone doesn’t suggest this in the slightest, since his voice is pretty much as average as they come in terms of pitch. Yes, there’s usually a little more energy behind his words than most, but he still has that pitch you’d expect from a male of his age.

He really misses the tail he once had in his childhood, a feature which disappeared once he evolved into his current form at the age of fourteen, once the puberty side of things started to kick in. The fact Jer’s tail actually has it’s own sentience makes him miss it even more, though it’s not really something that gets him down. It’s such an uncommon thought, that he only seems to recall the fact that he actually had a tail when he gets a little tipsy, or someone actually brings it up.

His ears are far from a feature that is purely aesthetical. As well as providing him with the ability of perfect pitch, Dray can also tap into frequencies which Gijinka possessing more ‘human’ ears couldn’t even dream of hearing. This serves to be quite the double edged sword however, as though while he can pick up noises most humans can’t hear, some of these pitches are very painful for his human brain to register. Add to this the fact that while usually quite noises become easily audible, already loud noises become deafening, and you do very much have quite an ability that is both a blessing, and a curse.

When it comes to fighting, Dray’s two most obvious strengths are his speed and stamina. If he really wanted, he could literally just run around his opponent while they aimlessly tried to catch up with him, but honestly, there’s no real fun in that. There's also the small matter that thanks to his species' ability, Volt Absorb, if any electrical attack hits him (or he finds himself being electrocuted in some other way) not only will he not take any damage, but he will actually regain some of his lost stamina. Obviously, he can't do this with his own electricity, since he'll simply recover the same amount of energy he used to launch the attack to begin with, but it's still a pretty darn useful ability none-the-less.

Despite not having the greatest of physical strength, if he combines his speed into a punch, he can create quite the impact, however this usually results in his hand coming off just as bad as his opponents face. Not to ideal for a guitarist it must be said. As such, he very often finds himself relying purely on his electrical abilities; it’s pretty much common knowledge around the school that he can cast a pretty mean thunderbolt if he wants to, though what’s a little less known is that he actually has the potential to surprise people with the odd Shadow Ball or two, one of the few things he’s received from his father that he’s actually currently grateful for.

This post has been edited by Arcyena: Aug 24 2011, 07:45 AM
+Quote Post

Harmony8
post Aug 17 2011, 07:04 PM
Post #27

I like Lucario :)
Group Icon

Member No.: 39 731

My Favorites

sad.gif I wanted to get a neutral character.

--------------------
My RP. awesome.gif (click to show)

"75% of Roleplayers don't care about doing a good job at Roleplaying. If you are one of the 25% of roleplayers who really cares, copy and paste this into your signature."

My Pokemon!
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 17 2011, 09:42 PM
Post #28

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Sorry Harmony, but Arc and I (but mainly Arc) wanted to make it clear that there aren't supposed to be a lot of Neutral Gijinka. Feel free to make other characters though, but not before reading the rules.

Oh. Arc. I forgot. What time zone are you?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

Thank you to Shirogane for my personal photo ! See here to see more of her work!

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 17 2011, 09:49 PM
Post #29

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I do believe he's in the same one as Sammy, Runi.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mental Disarray
post Aug 18 2011, 12:40 AM
Post #30

It's the luck of the draw.
Group Icon

Member No.: 107 100

Illusionists

I would like a reservation for both alignments. I'm going to start tonight and hopefully have them up by tomorrow.

--------------------

Art(for me!) (click to show)

Credits and Links to various things. (click to show)

+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 18 2011, 12:53 AM
Post #31

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Denied! No spots for you, not yet at least. Try again ~

Anyways, i have my part of the Triforce done and done. I'm happy and not so happy with him at the same time, but i'll leave you to decide if he's good or not C:

Name: Jeremy ‘Jer’ Sabas [ pronounced ‘Sebas’; Known as “Dubstep” ]
Alignment: Neutral.
Gijinka Sub-Species: Girafarig.
School Year: 7.

Appearance: —x—
Jer stands at an average 5’10 with a fairly toned frame, seeing as he is no stranger to physical exertion. His muscle definition stands out on both his arms and legs, but by no means is he on the level of body-builders and the sort. Though he doesn’t have pecs, Jer does have a rather nice 6-pack; nevertheless, these factoids aren’t made public to the rest of the school and he would find it fairly creepy if someone knew so much about his physique thank you very much. Though few notice this, both his arms and legs are a tad longer than normal, but this oddity doesn’t hinder him in any way. Jer’s skin has a tanned quality to it, but there are some peach tones here and there. Due to the fact that he spends a decent amount of time outdoors in sports uniforms, he has both a shorts and sock tan, though the latter isn’t noticed as much as the former is should he decide to drop his pants. The Gijinka also has a faint tan line on his arms, but wearing tank tops in the summer counteracts this.

Jer doesn’t have too many visible markings or scars, save for a few bruises here and there from when he messes up a dance move. His auburn eyes are surprisingly wide and are framed by thin eyelashes and brows. His facial structure is a little bit child-like, what with high rounded cheekbones and a smooth chin, but his physique and height is enough to convince others that yes, he is in Year 7 (but not yet old enough to drink). Jer’s hair is a golden colour and possesses a shaggy quality; while he doesn’t let a strand fall past the nape of his neck, his front always has a few portions that refuse to stay down. The back of his hair flairs out a bit, but it’s not as extreme as a certain friend of his.

Rarely seen without his white headband, Jer uses it to keep his hair from falling in his face; it also hides the base of the strange white prongs that sprout from his skull. Normally, the piece of cloth covers up his forehead and pushes his unkempt bangs to either side so that the spikes hover around his yellow Girafarig-like ears. When he’s in one of his rare ‘studying’ modes, he pushes the band even higher so that it bares his forehead and sits perpendicular to his ear line. It should be noted that his ears were similar to a human’s back in 3rd and 4th year, and it was only after that did they become more like a Pokémon’s. Also, the strange antenna like things are purely superficial and didn’t show up until about 5th year. Moreover, on his left ear is a pink stud that he got pierced sometime before his ears changed form. Now, the stud won’t come out…

Jer doesn’t really have a standard set of clothing; what he wears tends to vary with the weather. In the colder months, he’ll sport a t shirt or a tank top, normally of a basic colour, with a brighter coloured long sleeve shirt on top. Occasionally, he’ll swap it out for a hoodie or sweater, but he’ll never fail to push up the sleeves. His lower wear ranges from loose or straight jeans to the occasional track pant; sweatpants, however, are not an option. In the summer, he’ll stick to tank tops and t-shirts with either jeans or a variety or shorts ranging from sports to board to khaki. The one problem with whatever clothes that he chooses to wear for the day is his tail.

Since it’s the one part of Jer that can quickly and accurately identify him as a Girafarig Gijinka, he always makes that his pants never smother it. It wouldn’t react very well to being shoved down the boy’s trousers either, so the blonde has to always be careful whenever dressing himself in the morning. His light brown ‘second head’, or ‘Little Jer’ as he so calls it, is incapable of intelligent thought, but has the ability to react to outside stimuli. Using sight, sound, smell and touch, his tail can alert Jer to anything that he may not be aware of otherwise. It also has the nasty habit of chomping at anyone that approaches the blonde from behind. Whenever Jer is talking or eating, Little Jer will mimic the boy’s action as well as express any emotions that Jer might be hiding. Little Jer comes in very handy even though it’s not capable of human speech, mainly because Jer has the odd ability of being able to communicate with his tail…sometimes. Additionally, his tail never sleeps and always keeps watch whenever Jer dozes off, causing him to be unable to sleep on his back.

Though he doesn’t care much about his clothes, Jer does have a soft spot for his shoes. All of them are danceable and fairly worn in, and he’ll often wear them doing sports too instead of changing into proper footwear. Jer has quite a few pairs on him and enjoys switching them up every now and then. The ones that he does have range from high tops with straps to skater shoes to basketball shoes to even a few pairs of converse. And he loves them very much.

This is an accurate representation of what he looked like in his younger years at the Academy. He still likes to wear that hoodie every now and then, along with the pants, but only when he feels too lazy to scrounge up anything else.

Personality: Jeremy appears pretty laid back from afar, perpetually calm and never really displaying any extreme emotion. However, if one were to take a closer look, they would see that Jer is, in all actuality, just too lazy to act otherwise. The Girafarig Gijinka can’t be bothered to go through all of the trouble of acting happy if he isn’t really happy, crying if he’s sad or even lashing out at others if angry. That doesn’t mean that he doesn’t express any emotion whatsoever, it just means that any feelings that he may express are watered down. Mind you, he’ll still scowl if annoyed or smirk if happy, but that’s about as far as he’ll go towards ‘expressing himself’.

To compensate for his lack of facial emotion, Jer’s body and second head tend to give cues as to what he is feeling. For example, his tail will droop when Jer is sad, knash its teeth when he is angry and grin when Jer is happy, though that’s obviously only a few emotions. Jer himself is unaware of his tail’s actions, but he is aware when his body give away what he’s feeling; he just can’t stop it. The blonde boy isn’t too bothered by the fact and actually accepts it (though grudgingly).

Touching back on Jer’s lethargic tendency, the Gijinka has a slower walking pace, drawls some of his words and doesn’t like doing things that require too much effort; that is, unless it’s connected with either dance, sports or drumming. Through and through, Jer is a dancer, and an excellent one at that. He is proficient at both Hip Hop and Breakdancing, and has even touched on ballroom and contemporary. Whenever he’s not dancing though, he’ll put his energy into sports of any shape and kind; some think that the main reason that he’s so lazy all of the time is so that he can conserve his energy for dancing and other physical activities. In all actuality, Jer just not interesting in putting effort into things he doesn’t care about.

Despite Jer’s slothful nature, he’s actually pretty smart when he chooses to pay attention. Which doesn’t really happen a lot, seeing as he only concentrates on things that he deems important. And outside of dance, not many things are important to the blonde. Nevertheless, should he choose to take interest in class lessons, he could easily understand the week’s lesson in a day, but that rarely happens. More often than not, to make up for his lack of attention, he just memorizes what he sees and hears. Jer’s ability to retain information and regurgitate it out almost word for word is impeccable, and it’s also how he managed to pass his classes without paying a shred of attention. Strangely enough, when he has nothing to do in the class, Jer tends to memorize the attendance as well as the faces connected to the names; as a result, he is familiar with everyone in the school, even though others may not even know who he is. If Jer should be properly motivated to do something school related, he becomes unexpectedly meticulous, and will not stop unless the task is completed.

Surprisingly enough, Jer is pretty frugal and it’s hard to convince him to part with his money. He’d do almost anything to make a pretty penny, save getting a legitimate job, that is. If there’s any way for him to gain a profit, Jer will leap onto the opportunity, especially if it requires little to no effort on his part. Even with close friends, Jer is reluctant to lend them money but is quick to lecture them on pointlessly squandering it. Some joke that he’ll be a miser when he’s older, but Jer digresses; when he’s older, he’ll have so much cash that he won’t have to save it all up. It’s one of the few things that Jer is very ambitious about, but this side of his rarely shows up. However, he wouldn’t stoop as low as to steal so as to make a quick buck; the Girafarig boy has high moral standards after all.

Something inside of the blonde boy seems to be able to pick up lies in a flash, making it difficult to fib in front of Jer without him noticing. The Gijinka often says that it’s Little Jer that helps him seeing as Jer himself isn’t all too sure as to how he can act as a living lie detector. Nevertheless, it’s a little skill that’s helpful at times, but one that Jer will choose to ignore if said untruth holds no relevance to him.

Jer is a team player, often supporting those around him not with encouraging words or with an extra helping hand, but just by being there to listen and smile. One would be surprised at how positively others can be affected just by sticking around to lend an ear. Jer prefers to work in groups and will actually do his part, much to the surprise of others. He’ll also do his best to act as a stabilizer of sorts, smoothing over conflicts so that they can work together efficiently. The same applies in sports; Jer’s athletic abilities shine when he’s on a team with others. Though he may not be the strongest or the fastest, he has more than enough stamina to play for the whole game and longer and will readily support others. Dance, not so much. Even if Jer is open to the idea of doing a group choreo, he’ll feel more comfortable dancing alone to his style.

Seeing as dancing takes up a large part of Jer’s life, it should come to no surprise if he decides to burst into dance randomly. Sometimes, he’ll drag either Shelia or Dray into a quick ballroom piece; other times, he’ll entertain a group by doing a ‘girly’ dance like so. And yes, he will kick his legs and move his hips like that. Nevertheless, his spontaneous dancing doesn’t really happen a lot, to the disappointment of those who have taken a shining to Jer’s dancing. Interestingly enough, his impressive memorizing abilities apply when he dances too. If he were to watch a dance once or twice, he would be able to mimic it with a decent amount of accuracy. It’s something that’s also pretty amusing to watch, should Jer choose to show off this ability.

Another facet of his personality is that someone wouldn’t expect is his slightly inflated ego. No, this won’t mean that he’ll hog the spotlight or take all the glory on the court. Jer just has the very bad habit of thinking highly of himself. Not much can convince him otherwise, and though this side of him doesn’t normally pop up in conversation, it is something that his close friends tend to tease him on. The Girafarig Gijinka has no problem when others crack jokes at his expense (or when he prods fun at himself), mainly because Jer thinks it’s below him to be bothered by such.

As it was mentioned before, Jer is also a proficient drummer, and with his stamina, he can keep going for hours and hours and hours. Little Jer is also capable of hitting a few beats, so long as it doesn’t bite the drumstick in half. The main reason as to why he plays the drums and not other instruments is because Jer is completely tone deaf. His singing is pretty atrocious too, though he’s able to find the beat and drum up a storm if he wants too. Nevertheless, he is more than capable of dancing to songs, but as a result of his inability to distinguish a high C from a low E, his choice of music will be pretty much anything he can dance to.

It should be said that Jer hates bugs. As in, despises them so much he wishes that they were all charred to a crisp. This intense dislike doesn’t apply to Bug-type Gijinka, but Jer will not hesitate to ask Shelia or Dray to burn or zap any bug Pokémon to a crisp should one be unfortunate enough to cross his path. If neither of them is either willing or available to, Jer will make it his personal mission to stomp them as flat as a pancake. For the record, he’s not afraid of them; he just has an inexplicable burning hatred for them, the source probably from a prank sometime in his childhood.

Moreover, Jer is also not fond of the dark. He even carries a flashlight around with him just in case he should find himself without light. However, similar to his loathing of bugs, it’s not like Jer is afraid of the dark; it just give him some nasty chills and makes him uncomfortable, especially when he can’t see his hand in front of his face. This doesn’t apply to dark type Pokemon or Gijinka though.

Bio: Jer has a pretty normal family; that is, until you consider the sheer size of it. Aside from his father and mother, who are Exploud and Girafarig Gijinka respectively, he has 8 other siblings. And that’s not even half of it because back at home, his grandparents on both sides live with Jer’s family, as well as two of his aunts and one of his uncles. This makes for a very squished house, but one that is always filled with laughter and cheer (not to mention the occasional glass shattering scream). Though there was the occasional prank or two that Jer would find himself pulled into; a particularly nasty one involved a dark room, a coat hanger, shoes and many bug type Pokémon. Jer’s mindset never was the same after that…

Anyways, moving on. Even though he’s eldest out of all of his siblings and cousins, but only by a year mind you, Jer was anything but an ‘excellent role-model’ for them. Despite this, his parents were quick to accept this and they would even prod fun at their son’s lethargy. Due to the sheer size of his family, Jer didn’t really know what it was like to be lonely, but never really got to experience luxuries such as a room to oneself and extra allowance.

Nevertheless, Jer was pretty happy as a kid, though his sisters (all 8 of them mind you) often made it their mission to tease the blonde about being the only boy in their direct family. He was also the only Girafarig Gijinka as well, until the youngest pair of twins were delivered. His sisters and their incessant wailing were probably responsible for Jer’s atrocious sense of musicality, having shattered his eardrums more times than he could care for. Luckily, even to this day, none of his sisters have evolved into an Exploud. Yet.

As time passed, Jer was enrolled in Hazelwood and eventually, his siblings followed. Though as soon as the boy set foot into the Academy, he refused to help either side unless they paid him. Handsomely. Something as petty as a Gender War wasn’t something that sparked interest in him, and both sides soon found out that Jer’s laziness would often put a damper on their plans unless they paid him otherwise. As a result, he’s been Neutral ever since his enrolment and plans to stay that way until graduation.

Ridiculous competitions aside, Jer has found a second home at Hazelwood, complete with close friends and sports teams. He does his best to stay out of his sister’s affairs, even though they try and heckle him to join their side every now and then. Recently, he’s also discovered the wonder that is alcohol, and the fact that he’s still underage won’t do anything to stop him from getting some.
Extra: Jer will eat anything put on his plate. He is a living black hole when it comes to food, and seems to never gain a pound from it. Some may call him a pig, but he states that he’s just ‘optimising nutrition’. If Jer has a choice though, he’ll prefer to stick to his berries and veggies, seeing as that’s what he likes to eat the most (for the record, he’s not a vegetarian, but has no problem staying off meat for a week or two).

As for Jer’s powers, while he certainly can’t read minds, he can utilize powerful psychic blasts of varying intensities. Little Jer can also be used in battle, able to deliver a nasty Crunch and alert Jer to any threats from behind. Jer is also adept at using physical moves and even prefers hand-to-hand combat if given the choice; nevertheless, it should be noted that his psychic abilities are much more powerful than any punch or Zen Headbutt he can throw. Additionally, the Girafarig Gijinka has a lot of strategic status moves up his sleeves that he often uses to his full advantage, though he has nothing against an all out brawl from time to time. Somewhere along the line, Jer picked up quite a few tutor moves, though he won't divulge how he learned them (he will, however, complain about a senile old man ripping him off). Due to his Inner Focus ability, Jer will always remain steadfast in battle and is incapable of flinching.

This post has been edited by Runi: Aug 24 2011, 11:45 AM

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 18 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #32

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

I can see Jer and Shelia being silly people and having eating contests. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Aug 18 2011, 07:46 AM
Post #33

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh God, you totally weren't joking around with the dancing, were you Ru?

I can imagine Dray's reaction to the dancing already...

"Fine, but can we up the tempo a bit? Moving this slow gets kinda boring ya know."

As far as eating contests go, well, I can imagine Dray consistently making the mistake of eating far too quickly, followed by some barfing. Either that, or he'd fall asleep about 5 minutes in if the food didn't have a flavour that was interesting enough. Yeah, how awesome is that? XD

Oh, and for the record. Arcy happens to live in the good old UK, meaning his time zone is GMT.

EDIT: Finished Dray's profile, gonna go ahead and update the OOC with links now grin.gif

Now then, onto 'Skar'. Damn, I really need to think up a name for him...

This post has been edited by Arcyena: Aug 18 2011, 10:46 AM
+Quote Post

Atalya
post Aug 18 2011, 01:39 PM
Post #34

Eat my shorts.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 37 954

Favourite Pokemon

FUCK. You have ensnared me. This is a rather delicious role play right here.
Reserve me a spot, if you please, my dear Arcy?

/is slow and dimwitted.
Lemme find something of usefulness for you to reserve something for me
I apologize in advance for the lack of a RP sampe D;

/creeps off

But lemme tell you, I haven't been on in a while... So I dunno how "recent" you want my RP sampe to be o.o
RP Sampe (click to show)

^ Shant this do nicely?

This post has been edited by Chaos Eternity: Aug 18 2011, 02:06 PM

--------------------
I'm so tired headache.gif
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 18 2011, 03:03 PM
Post #35

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Dark, i can imagine all three of them having an eating contest. Though Dray's reactions certainly are...interesting. I'm picturing that whatever Dray doesn't eat because it's too boring, Jer will happily shove down his throat.

But what can i say Arc? Jer loves to dance, and i like them boys who can dance (:
Dray might want to be careful if he says that...Actually, nah, if Dray says that, i can just totally see Jer turning it into some sort of tango or something.

Arc, whatever you do, just don't call him Skar.

@Chaos - Hmm, i remember that RP. I think that's a pretty good sample (:
But i'll leave Arc to decide \o/
What spot would you like though? Boy or Girl?

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Delete This User...
post Aug 18 2011, 04:45 PM
Post #36

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Active Squad

Chaos - I'll most certainly reserve you a spot Chaos~ The thing is though, what spot do you want me to reserve? Or are you not quite decided yet?

My God, it's been ages since the last time we RPed together.

Runi - I imagine Dray will most certainly be the first to drop out of said contests routinely, for the two reasons I've already stated XD

As long as it's not a tango that involves Dray and Jer becoming 'close' dance partners, he won't mind at all XD That said, if you get a few pints down him first...

Oh, and don't worry, he won't actually be called Skar. I simply can't think of a name for him yet -_-2.gif

Now then, back to Borderlands. OH MY GOD THAT GAME IS FREAKING AWESOME I CAN'T WAIT FOR THE SEQUEL.

This post has been edited by Arcyena: Aug 18 2011, 04:47 PM
+Quote Post

Atalya
post Aug 18 2011, 05:05 PM
Post #37

Eat my shorts.
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 37 954

Favourite Pokemon

OHMYGOSHMOOGLE'SSTALKINGAGAIN.

Oh yeah, oops, sorry for that decision. I would like to reserve a male spot, please and thank you, lovely <3
And thank you very much, for the compliment, Nini <3 (yey, new nicknames for an already short name ^.^ )

That one character-dude ._. (click to show)
I hope he is sufficient; do tell me if I lack something.

This post has been edited by Chaos Eternity: Aug 19 2011, 03:15 PM

--------------------
I'm so tired headache.gif
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 18 2011, 08:06 PM
Post #38

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

@Chaos - had to read Nini a few times before i figured out you were talking to me. gosh darn you all and your nicknames for me wryyyyy
I think Alek looks all right, though there are quite a few i stand corrected more than a few run on sentences in your profile. You don't have to address it now, just make sure not to do it in the RP as much.
^Only my opinion though. You'll have to run it by Arc first to be sure.

But because i like to pick out details (Arc can testify - i still want to know whether the flooring of the Academy is wood or stone ! ), nocturnaphobia isn't actually a legitimate fear.
According to this site, fear of the dark or night is Nyctophobia. The fear of darkness can be either Scotophobia, Achluophobia, Myctophobia or Lygophobia.
I also have no idea if the Academy is in America or not, but i don't think it's that big of a deal maybe.

Oh, and also. I'm sure that by 6th year, Alek could have gone and evolved, but that's not my decision /shrug.

@Arc - "BUT DRAY I WANT TO EAT YOUR FOOD NOM NOM NOM."
/ignoremei'mcrazy.

But a tango between the two would be so awesome...what, you worried Shae might get jealous? ;]

This post has been edited by Runi: Aug 18 2011, 08:07 PM

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

Darkrow
post Aug 18 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #39

Group Icon

Unbreakable Team

Shelia could fill in for the tango... if you teach her. XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Runi
post Aug 18 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #40

Group Icon

Just s t a y close

Jer totally wings it when he drags a partner to dance with him. If she were actually interested though, he'd love to teach her 8D

--------------------
☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

☆ - ゚ - ゚ - ゚ - ☆

+Quote Post

13 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
2 User(s) are reading this topic (2 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 3rd May 2024 - 03:16 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.