Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

SEARCH BEFORE POSTING

Before posting ANYTHING here, LOOK AROUND FIRST! Odds are what you wish to ask or suggest or report has already been posted by another member. We do not like having to reply to the same thing over and over. The pinned threads are a great place to start!

2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
This site should have a donate button.
layze
post Feb 20 2009, 05:19 PM
Post #1

Burninating the countryside since 2003!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 711

Active Squad

Maybe for every blank amount someone donates, they get a random legendary egg or something. I know I'd cough up for that, and I can't be the only one. Heck, I'd probably donate even if there wasn't a reward if it could go to getting rid of the epic slowdown that shows up every day at 3. >_>

--------------------
Hello, children! Today, I will tell a story; a story of the creation of the universe.

Be warned, as this story may contain harsh language and conflict with your entirely incorrect religion! You have been warned!

*ahem*

Spoiler (click to showhide)

And that is how the universe was created! Over the years a few bits were lost in translation, like the No-Breakfast Pillar became the "Spear Pillar" and the Breakfast Flute became the "Azure Flute", but it is still mostly intact. So long as you don't listen to those ****ing communist-ass Pokedexes. Feel free to PM me if you want the full story on the origin of any of the other legendary Pokemon!

I'm clicking back again, so feel free to help me out.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Zerxer
post Feb 20 2009, 05:20 PM
Post #2

Zerkadelic
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 2

My Favorites

Actually, I'm working on a Donate page. I think we're going to make it if you donate $5, you get any egg you want.

--------------------
Want a rotating avatar like mine? Check out my website: randimg!
Thanks to all of the people in this thread and this thread for the various avatars!

+Quote Post

layze
post Feb 20 2009, 05:21 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

Active Squad

Oh my god, I can finally get a Wooper. cat.gif

--------------------
Hello, children! Today, I will tell a story; a story of the creation of the universe.

Be warned, as this story may contain harsh language and conflict with your entirely incorrect religion! You have been warned!

*ahem*

And that is how the universe was created! Over the years a few bits were lost in translation, like the No-Breakfast Pillar became the "Spear Pillar" and the Breakfast Flute became the "Azure Flute", but it is still mostly intact. So long as you don't listen to those ****ing communist-ass Pokedexes. Feel free to PM me if you want the full story on the origin of any of the other legendary Pokemon!

+Quote Post

Ake
post Feb 20 2009, 05:34 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 632

Manlihood

Two questions.

1) What do you mean by "any"? As in, legendaries and shinies too? I'd pay for a shiny, though it does seem unfair to those without money.

2) And speaking of those without money, will buying eggs for others be an option?
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Feb 20 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #5

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

1) As in any.

2) I don't see why we couldn't allow that.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

layze
post Feb 20 2009, 05:50 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

Active Squad

I wouldn't be surprised if shinies weren't an option, but I should at least think that "any egg you want" would encompass legendaries.

EDIT: Quit posting while I'm typing. :U

--------------------

*ahem*

+Quote Post

Stealth Rock
post Feb 20 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 546

Old Gen 4 Team

I would definitely donate $5 to get a suicune egg. cat.gif
Still, I'd probably donate some anyway.

--------------------

What if we were all just line segments living in a grid?
+Quote Post

Hana
post Feb 20 2009, 06:17 PM
Post #8

Currently seeking banana soulmate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 860

Dream Team

Oh that'd be cool as I have been considering donating some money anyhow xD

Although even I think some eggs should probably be off limits for purchase like legendaries or shinies because it kind of takes away the fun. I dunno because some of the fun of it is trying really hard to get the pokemon that you want but if I know anyone could just purchase it then it's not really so exciting.

I would actually be happy to donate and just have a trophy displayed on my userpage saying I've donated.

This post has been edited by Hana: Feb 20 2009, 06:25 PM

--------------------
DeviantArt | Global Pokedex Plus

I shall return the favour!
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Feb 20 2009, 06:32 PM
Post #9

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 757

Faves

Agree that this could be a good idea. The lag is getting a bit tedious, and I think its fair to reward people for thier donations. But it needs to be a reward, not a chance to buy eggs, becuase at the end of the day thats not what the games about. The only way around this I can think of is to put a fairly strict limit on the amount of eggs you can obtain through donations, ie just 1 or 2. This will mean that people who want to donate for the good of the site will be able to get a small reward as thanks for it, but will prevent people from just buying a ton of rare Pokemon.

As far as the idea of buying eggs from other people, no. There's no need for it if you can chose any Pokemon you want and it could potenially just become a trading system. I assume there's a reason why we can't currently trade eggs/pokemon, ie it completely defeats the object of the game, so why set up a system that could potenially be used in this way, especially when there is absoulty no need what so ever to buy other peoples Pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Feb 20 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #10

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

QUOTE(Flamer @ Feb 20 2009, 03:32 PM) *
As far as the idea of buying eggs from other people, no. There's no need for it if you can chose any Pokemon you want and it could potenially just become a trading system. I assume there's a reason why we can't currently trade eggs/pokemon, ie it completely defeats the object of the game, so why set up a system that could potenially be used in this way, especially when there is absoulty no need what so ever to buy other peoples Pokemon.

You misread. The proposed idea was buying Pokémon for another person.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

layze
post Feb 20 2009, 06:35 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Active Squad

I don't think it really matters that you can buy the eggs, nobody's gonna get that many, and it's helping the site anyway. I doubt there's anybody willing to piss away two and a half grand on an ADOPTION SITE just to get all the pokemon. And if there is, hey, they just gave the site two and a half grand, they deserve those 500 sprites.

--------------------

*ahem*

+Quote Post

Hana
post Feb 20 2009, 07:02 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Dream Team

Well for me as someone who would be willing to donate I'd only want to donate if I can see myself playing for a while but if people can just purchase eggs whenever they feel then it loses it's fun and I lose my interest and therefore donation.

$5 isn't that much for me and I'm sure some other people to get a bunch of legendaries. I reckon limiting the eggs as suggested and maybe labelling them as donation eggs? That way people know you have donated and that they were also eggs that were recieved through donation and not from lab of shelter.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ake
post Feb 20 2009, 07:05 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Manlihood

I like the idea of the donation label for the same reasons; And then people who earn it in-game can prove it and brag.
+Quote Post

layze
post Feb 20 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Active Squad

Labeling them as donation eggs is a good idea, but really, I don't understand why people think they'd need to just buy every single legendary. I mean, really, they're just sprites.

hay gaiz lookit me i have an arceus olololololololol

This post has been edited by layze: Feb 20 2009, 07:07 PM

--------------------

*ahem*

+Quote Post

Miracle Eye
post Feb 20 2009, 07:07 PM
Post #15

?????????????????????
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 2 940

Anything...

i would donate money even if theres no reward, so it doesnt really matter much to me. :P

--------------------

~ i take no credit for a few of the ditto pictures you see in my sig and avatar. a few of them are from www.deviantart.com ~
(credit is shown in the "Sprites And Credits" spoiler below)

Sprites And Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Hana
post Feb 20 2009, 07:09 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

Dream Team

QUOTE(layze @ Feb 21 2009, 11:07 AM) *
Labeling them as donation eggs is a good idea, but really, I don't understand why people think they'd need to just buy every single legendary. I mean, really, they're just sprites.

hay gaiz lookit me i have an arceus olololololololol

Yes I do agree and I personally wouldn't but I'd never put it past some people.

Edit: Lawl picked up a quote from somewhere else by accident.

This post has been edited by Hana: Feb 20 2009, 07:10 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

layze
post Feb 20 2009, 07:12 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

Active Squad

My point still stands, however, that buying all of the legendaries just to be an asshole showoff to a bunch of people who don't care still gets the site almost $200. >__>

--------------------

*ahem*

+Quote Post

Commander Wymsy
post Feb 20 2009, 07:29 PM
Post #18

Megalomaniac out for world domination
Group Icon

Member No.: 3

Greatest Team Ever

I am all for donation eggs being labelled as such.

--------------------
Overtaken by Net & Zodi on that track!
+Quote Post

Geoffrey
post Feb 20 2009, 07:33 PM
Post #19

The return of the Silver Knight
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 230

HG Team

Yeah, I like the ideas of donating, but "buying" eggs kinda ruins the point of this, ya know?

What about items? I mean, if we can donate money to get eggs, then why not items?

--------------------
[align=center]
Proud FETO Player.[/align][spoiler=Claims and Credits]
I claim: :typhlosion: :scizor:
Credits to Arkeis.com for the Captain Falcon sprite.[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Ake
post Feb 20 2009, 07:41 PM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Manlihood

What about when it comes to breeding? If the offspring aren't labeled as donation, then people can just breed to ditch the label for the most part, but if they are labeled, then people who get them in the shelter can claim they donated when they didn't. I think maybe a good idea would be to have them unbreedable, but allow us to choose their gender.

...Then again, that'd probably discourage people from buying Eevees. Maybe they can only have one egg at a time, which the owner has to keep (or release into the wild and not the shelter), and the offspring are labeled too?
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 12th May 2024 - 03:35 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.