Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
On the Edge of the Ocean, Fidona RP
Angels Fall Firs...
post May 30 2011, 10:09 AM
Post #1

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 743

Active Squad

On the Edge of the Ocean

"Two days in a row?" Finnley sighed, "Can this really be happening?" He threw his arms up into the air in disbelief and made an annoyed face. His luck was in a recession, but the trainer so badly wanted it to be prosperous. With his hands in his pockets he walked along the boardwalk of Fidona, kicking a can that was lain out in the sun.

A few paces later, Finn had stopped, slipped his foot under the can, and managed to juggle it for a few strikes before he did one final kick. He sent it into the air, flying towards a garbage can. It looked like a clear shot, but a second later it was on the ground next to the bin. With his head down and sulking he began his walk of shame again.

He had been walking for most of the afternoon and didn't stop. He gave up on waiting for a boat and was now ready to just keep his mind off of it. He sat in the sand, with his feet warmed up by the heat of the sun, just mumbling nothings to himself.

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: May 30 2011, 10:10 AM

--------------------
PANE: Finn Oakley (click to show)
PANE: Liam West (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post May 30 2011, 08:57 PM
Post #2

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Walking out of the office was always a refreshing but disturbing experience for Jill. The natural light blinded her temporarily, and she couldn't stop seeing things in numbers. Every time she blinked, she would see them, haunting her. As soon as she closed the door behind her, like clockwork, her cell phone started to ring. She sighed, pulled it out, looked at it for a second and ignored the call.

"Hey, Jill!" Her coworker, Erica, who worked in sales, caught up to her. "Happy Friday!"

"No kidding," she smiled. "How was your week?"

"Ugh," Erica sighed. "Don't even talk to me about work. I just wanna get my drink on. I was gonna go to happy hour at this place around the-"

"I actually have to get going," Jill said, "I'm headed to Fidona later today."

"Fidona?" Erica asked. "Seriously? Why?"

"I just," Jill shook her head. "Need to get away. It's been really stressful here, and I'm probably fooling myself, but maybe being away on an island will help clear my head a little?"

"Is everything okay?" Erica asked. "Is it work?"

"No," Jill chuckled, shaking her head. "No, it's not work. I'm fine. Thanks, though."

"Okay, well," Erica nodded. "Next week then?"

"Yeah," Jill smiled. "Yeah, next week."

-------

After a ride on Pele, her Ponyta, she arrived in Barley, and then took a boat ride over to Fidona. Supposedly, this boat was going to stay at the docks for two days and then leave, so she would be taking the same one back to Barley at the end of the weekend.

As soon as she found a relatively open space, she called out Pele. Jill hated keeping her cooped up inside her pokeball. Though she was a domesticated Ponyta, she was a wild Rapidash at heart. "Hey girl," Jill smiled as she rubbed Pele's back. "How was the trip for you? There's probably not gonna be much room for you to run around here, but I'll try to not keep you inside your ball the whole time we're here, alright?"

The sound of metal attracted her attention a little distance away. She turned and saw a can hit the ground next to a trash can. She saw the boy who tossed the failed basket just look down and walk towards the beach without stopping to pick up the can. Jill sighed, refusing to play mom to some lonely kid, but also frustrated at the notion of just letting that happen. Somebody was gonna have to clean it up. She shook her head, disappointed in herself for her decision. She called back Pele into her ball, walked over to the can and put the trash where it belonged.

"Hey!" She called out to the boy, who was soaking his feet in the sand on the edge of the boardwalk. "You know, you should really throw away your trash. You don't get partial credit for missing."

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post May 31 2011, 10:55 PM
Post #3

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

Finn's gaze shifted from the setting sun to the woman who had been yelling at him. He rose an eyebrow and replied back, "It wasn't my trash from the beginning. And I at least did whoever's it is half a favor." Finn was then startled by the face behind the voice. She did look older than him, but still had young aged beauty in her. He shot from his spot on the ground and brushed off the sand from his clothing.

"And it's not like I was doing it for credit." He snorted. Finnley picked up his shoes and walked in her direction, back onto the boardwalk. "But I suppose I can thank you for throwing it away now, huh?"

He waited a moment before going on with a grin, "Thanks."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 1 2011, 10:51 AM
Post #4

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"You're welcome," Jill responded, crossing her arms. "What are you doing out here by yourself anyway this late in the afternoon? Don't you have friends, or f- hold on," She sighed when her cell phone started ringing again. "I swear I'm just gonna block him,"

She pulled out her phone long enough to send him to voice mail and then looked back over at Finn. She sized him up real quick, trying to figure out how old he was, because his face was extremely ambiguous in that regard. As she looked him over, she noticed he had three pokeballs. "Ohh, well that explains it," she chuckled. "You're a pokemon trainer. You guys don't need a job or family, you can just wander the land with your best pals,"

She sounded sarcastic, and it was intentional, but truthfully, it sounded like a really great life if one could afford it and didn't have the shackles of a family. Her problem was the former. She didn't have enough money saved up to just wander and be able to buy food for her, Pele and Vinyl (her Bellsprout) as well as lodging (she wasn't going to sleep on the ground) on top of all the things you need to be a successful pokemon trainer, like TMs and some particularly expensive berries.

"What's there to do around here-" she paused for a moment. "I'm Jill, by the way. What's your name?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 1 2011, 11:30 AM
Post #5

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Finn," he responded. "And from what I can see, there's not much." He brought his free hand, which wasn't holding any shoes, to his head and sighed. "I've been stuck here for the past few days. I've missed my boat each time. Either my luck has gone down the drain or I'm just destined to be on this island for my whole adventure."

"And I do have a family," Finnley said. "they're just back in Slateport." A yawn escaped his lips as he went on in his conversation with Jill. "What're you doing here? I mean, I'm pretty sure you have a job and a family, so why are you here alone?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 1 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #6

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill didn't respond to Finn's fairly outrageous assumption that she had a family. She preferred not to become outraged at the little things. It stayed in her mind, and admittedly ate at her a little bit, but not out loud or visibly at all. "I'm on vacation," she said, plainly. "Just for the weekend. Anyway, if you're waiting for a boat back to Barley, I'm afraid it'll be a few days. The one I came on is the same one that's going back, and not 'til Sunday.

"I'm worried about you, though," She leaned back and crossed her arms. "Kid like you stuck here. Have you eaten? Do you have a place to stay?"

She suddenly found her maternal instinct kicking in as she saw this boy who seemed to be abandoned at the docks. His family was in an entirely different region. Slateport City? That was in Hoenn, which was certainly not close. Granted, he had pokemon. It was a pretty common practice for kids to go out on their own, but Jill never thought that was healthy. She was raised on a ranch. Sure, a pokemon adventure fostered the growth of independence in a youngster, but she found it lacked a way of teaching responsibility. She also hated the idea of a kid having to fend for himself and his pokemon in a world which was becoming increasingly financially centered.

"Let me buy you some food, Finn,"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 1 2011, 11:54 PM
Post #7

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"I've eaten," Finn said, mentally rubbing his stomach. It didn't help his spirits at all though, now knowing that the only boat wouldn't be leaving for the next few days. "And as for the place that I stayed at, I've been spending most of my nights at the Pokemon Center. Nurse Joy's been really nice about it. So I'm pretty sure she wouldn't mind me staying there for a few more days."

In a matter of minutes, he dropped his shoes and put them on, all tied and everything. He didn't look up until Jill offered to buy him food. Just then, his stomach let a growl out and his face became a little red. "But it would be rude of me not to take you up on that offer now, wouldn't it?"

He stood from his spot and grinned, "I owe you for this then, Ms. Jill."

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jul 9 2011, 10:43 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 5 2011, 10:01 PM
Post #8

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

When Finn finally, and notably graciously, accepted her offer for a meal, she smiled. "Yeah, I thought as much. Come on, kid,"

It wasn't a long walk from the beach to find a cool looking seafood place, the balcony of which overlooked the water. Maybe it was a little expensive, but it seemed to be worth it. Half of the point of vacation was to not worry about money worries, after all (not that she had money worries anyway). And hell, this kid probably hadn't had a nice meal in a while. It was worth it.

They got a seat out back so they could see the water from their table. When she saw the waiter making his way over to them, she went ahead and told Finn, "You go ahead and order whatever you want, it's no big deal, alright?" She needed to make it clear to the waiter that this wasn't a date. She was clearly an adult woman and he looked like he could probably pass for fifteen. "Hi!" she smiled at the waiter.

"Hello," the man smiled right back. "My name's Jeffrey. How're y'all doin' tonight?"

"Fantastic, ready to get this weekend started," Jill nodded.

"Awesome," the waiter nodded back and put two glasses of water on the table. "Went ahead and got you folks some water, if you want anything else to drink, you let me know. You guys ready to order? Our specials tonight are the Krabby, the Remoraid or the Clamperl. Everything comes with your choice of two sides, which include a baked potato, french fries, mashed potatoes, onion rings, fried mozzarella sticks, calamari, fried mushrooms. Basically, anything deep fried, we got it."

"Great," Jill said. "I'll have the Krabby with a baked potato and some calamari."

"Excellent," Jeffrey smiled and nodded, his hands remaining resting behind his back. "And for you, sir?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 6 2011, 10:54 AM
Post #9

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"I'll take the Krabby too, but instead some fries and mushrooms." Finn said with a nervous smile.

Jeffrey nodded, taking a moment to write down their order. "Anything else for you tonight?"

Finn paused and then blurted out, "I don't think so, thank you though, Jeffrey."

"My pleasure." The waiter said, bowing and turning away.

"Thanks again, Ms. Jill." The green haired trainer said, a little more cheerfully. "I haven't had anything like this for awhile now. It was really nice of you to take me here." He thought about the money it was going to cost the woman, but she had stated he could get whatever he wanted. Finn wondered how much money the woman actually had.

He touched the ice cold, glass cup that was placed in front of him, nervously sitting, waiting for his food. "Ms. Jill, where are you from, if you don't mind me asking?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 8 2011, 12:01 PM
Post #10

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill pondered the name Finn gave her before she actually thought about his question. Ms. Jill? She wasn't quite sure how she felt about it. If she was a Ms., it was Ms. Vaughn, but she definitely didn't feel comfortable having this kid talk to her as if she were his math teacher. Ms. Vaughn? Ew. Just Jill would have been fine, but if he didn't feel comfortable saying that, she wouldn't prod him.

Then onto the matter at hand. He asked about where she was from, and she froze just a little bit at the thought. She was starting to realize that no matter how much she ran, how much she put it in the very back of her mind, something would always remind her of her life back home. "I'm from Kanto," she sighed. "But you know, I got a job here in Furoh, and you follow the work." It was so much easier to just lie. "I'm an accountant back in Arasam, that's where I live now." Then it hit her. He was probably just asking where she lived, not about her life story. Oh how much grief she could have saved just by saying "Arasam."

"And what about you?" she continued. "You said you had family in...Slateport, right? What are you doing all the way out here?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 8 2011, 11:11 PM
Post #11

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Decided I was old and good enough to go on a journey. You know, the same old story." He fiddled around again with his cup, but stopped, as soon as Jeffrey reappeared, holding their basket of buns. Finn gave the waiter a blank stare, just blinking.

"They come with the meal," he grinned.

"I haven't eaten at a nice place in awhile," the trainer replied softly. "Thanks."

The waiter nodded and returned to his job, glancing back for another second before he wandered to the back.

Finnley grabbed himself a bun and took a bite. The bun was baked to perfection. Soft, moist, and buttery, something Finn loved about his bread. He pushed the basket over towards his new friend, with a wide grin. "Try some, they're great. I really have to thank you again. I mean, I haven't been out to this nice of a place since my mom took me before I left for my journey. And that was awhile ago."

That's when it hit him, the missing of his mom and his family. There was an empty feeling in the pit of his stomach as he took another bite of his bun. He hadn't even called them since he got to Furoh, something that probably worried his parents. The grin from his face was removed by now, replaced by a straight face which was in deep thought.

He set his bun back down and kind of slumped on his chair, realizing that the more he thought about it the more depressed he became. It didn't help it that now that he looked at Jill, she reminded him of his own mother.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 11 2011, 08:44 PM
Post #12

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"It's really no problem," Jill accepted the bread. "Better than eating alone, anyway. You know, you should probably give your mom a call, maybe go back to visit her once in a while. It wasn't easy for her to accept that you were old enough to go off alone, you know. She worries about you, and I don't blame her. Nice kid like yourself, I can only imagine what kind of trouble you accidentally find yourself in."

She looked straight down, allowing her bangs to cover her face to let the water building up in her eyes pass without him seeing. She kept wondering if Ryan would have grown up to be as nice as Finnley, or to leave and take responsibility for himself at such a young age. How could he do that to her? He seemed nice, but how could he just abandon his family and make them worry as much as they surely did? Maybe it was a bad idea to take care of this kid, it just brought up too many memories.

"She misses you," Jill said, looking back up, after making sure her eyes were sufficiently dry. "You know?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 13 2011, 11:38 PM
Post #13

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

He didn't know how to respond. Finn was pretty sure she was missing him. But missing him wasn't going to bring him back just yet. He wanted to prove to himself that he could do it. He had too. "I... I will. Soon." He took another small nibble at his bun and smiled faintly, trying to cover up the depression in his expression. Soon enough though, Jeffrey returned with their main course, their Krabbies and sides.

The smelled of each dish filled the room, Finn drooling by just the scent of it all. It made the void in his stomach disappear for a second, but returned as it all just reminded him of a nice home cooked meal at home. With his fork in hand now, he dug in right away, trying once again to fill that void.

"Delicious, I can't thank you enough!" This time, the smile on his face was filled with real happiness. He was very thankful for the woman. She picked him up when he was down at helped him up again, by giving him some food. "How's your krabby tasting?" Finnley asked, as he threw a few fries into his mouth.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 15 2011, 10:32 AM
Post #14

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill nodded as she tore into her food. She could be a fancy, polite eater when she wanted to, but she was eating krabby, and the only person there to judge was some basically homeless kid, so she went ahead and put as much food in her mouth as she could fit. That's how you eat krabby, after all. "Yeh, it'sh pretty good!" she said, her mouth full.

Not long after, they had finished. Jill sat back in her chair, groaning about the pain in her stomach. "Can I get you guys any dess-"

"Oh God no!" Jill laughed. "Just the check would be fine,"

He came back with the check, she put her card on it, he took it and came back with the receipt for her to sign. She left him a generous tip and invited Finn to walk back outside with her. "Well, Finnley," she sighed. "Thanks for eating with me, and putting up with my lecturing. I'm gonna check into my hotel and probably pass out for the rest of the weekend now. Good luck out there, and remember to call home, alright?"

She offered him a hug and a smile before parting ways and heading over to her hotel room, about which she was excited because it supposedly had a very nice view of the beach.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 19 2011, 08:49 PM
Post #15

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"I will," Finn said, nodding his head. He had been really obedient and listened very well to Jill the whole time he had been with her, which was something that was a bit odd. The teenager took the embrace with nervousness, the lady was kind to him, and if giving her a hug was the only way he could repay her, then that was what he was going to do. "You have a good night then, Ms. Jill. And a good rest of your vacation." He left her with a smile, as they parted ways.

Hours later, Finnley had found himself wandering the beaches again. He walked with his hands in his pockets as he strode along the shoreline. That whole night just made him miss home. And Jill, she made him miss his mother. He ached for them now, which was something that he never felt before. "I can't be homesick, can I?" A chuckle escaped his lips as the thought of that for him was just something he would have never imagined.

Soon enough though, his walk sent him towards a beach filled with older couples and single adults. He turned and looked as he noticed lights, directing attention towards a fancy building. "Now that's a hotel." Finnley smiled, admiring the building. He moved himself, a few feet away from all the commotion and found a quiet part of the beach. The view of the ocean was beautiful, and he looked up, taking notice of all the oceanview rooms.

He turned his head again, back to the ocean. This time he held a stone in his hand. Finn took aim and tossed it, at a rock in the middle of the water. A second later it shook, and Finn gasped as the rock was now headed his way.

"Ahh!" His voice roared.

ooc (click to show)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 22 2011, 12:47 AM
Post #16

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

"Hi, I'm here to check in," Jill said, walking up to her beachside hotel. "Jill Vaughn."

"Oh, hi Ms. Vaughn," the young and pretty receptionist smiled politely, and gleefully tilted her head. "Just need to see any sort of ID."

"Sure," Jill took out her driver's license and handed it to the woman, who looked at it for a moment and squinted her eyes for a second before looking back up.

"Jill Laurent?"

"Right," she nodded. "Sorry, I kinda forgot. I still kind of identify with my ex's last name. But yes, Laurent is my legal last name. It should be Laurent in your computer."

"Oh," the receptionist smiled again and typed vigorously on her computer for a few seconds, her plastic smile fading into focused concentration. Then, once her eyes met Jill's again, her smile clicked back on. "So it is! Here you go, Ms.-" she paused for a moment, not knowing what to call her. "Laurent?"

"Jill is fine," she smiled. "Thank you."

"You're welcome!" the receptionist chirped. "Your room number is 127, right down this hall and to the left."

As soon as she got to her room, she tossed her bags on the floor and stretched her arms out. She kicked off her shoes, opened the door to the porch to let the ocean breeze roll in and fell onto her bed. She knew she shouldn't fall asleep with her door wide open as it was, but maybe closing her eyes wouldn't be...

"Ahh!"

Her eyes shot open at the sound. She stood up and walked outside onto the gated off porch and looked a little bit further down the beach. Sure enough, there was Finnley, cowering in fear (and justifiably so) as an apparent sea creature began its trek onto land. "Damn it, Finnley," she sighed, climbing over the small wooden fence surrounding her patio. "You're lucky I'm still dressed, or I'd be seriously weighing the costs and benefits of this," That part was in her head. She doesn't talk to herself. She's not crazy!

Once on the beach, she began running shoeless through the sand until she reached him. She pulled out Vinyl's pokeball (her Bellsprout) with the assumption that whatever creature this was would either be Rock or Water, both of which were easily handled by Grass, and both of which were dangerous to Fire (Pele, her Ponyta). "What have you gotten yourself into, Finn. I know you have some pokemon too, so let's tag team this thing."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jun 26 2011, 08:16 PM
Post #17

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Y-yeah!" Finn stuttered, reaching for the first Pokeball that he could get. "Come on out!" He tossed his Pokeball into the air and a second later, Nihall was by his side, ready for battle as always. He bit his lip at the sight of his Fire-type Pokemon. He had a fifty-percent chance of choosing one of his fire-types and a fifty for his others, but he couldn't back out now.

"Alright," he said, nodding his head with a little more confidence now. "Let's do this, Ms. Jill!" The Pokemon that was in the water finally showed its face. It jumped up but then all of a sudden divided into two. Another roar was let out and two, big furious fishes were using their Scary Face move, trying to slow down both Nihall and Vinyl.

"We're not caving in here Nihall! Show him your Ember!" The trainer shouted, pointing at the shadowy fish. "Let's light them up and see who we're going up against!" The torchic responded in a mere seconds, sending out a shower of fireballs in the fishes direction. The barrage of fireballs lit up the darkness and showed Finnley and Jill who they were facing. "Carvanhas!" The green haired teen roared.

Nihall's Ember hit one but the other was quick to react, sending his own barrage of attacks their way. Stars were shot in retaliation, knocking both Finn and Nihall back. "Gahh, these things know Swift!?"

ooc (click to show)

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jun 26 2011, 08:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jun 28 2011, 04:01 PM
Post #18

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

The two Carvanhas were doubtlessly strong, but Vinyl had the type advantage. Finn's Torchic, however, was at a fairly clear disadvantage. For some reason, the water pokemon opted to use Swift rather than a water attack, which would certainly be more powerful. Maybe they just didn't have any. That could mean Pele would be okay in this fight. First things first, though.

"Vinyl, use Vine Whip on the same one the Torchic hit," her Bellsprout looked up at her for a moment as the Carvanhas waited in the shallows of the water, continuing to shoot stars. He nodded and moved over to the fish, trying to avoid stars as he went, but they were quite accurate. Once he got close, he slapped a vine across the same one which was hit by fire. The fire didn't hurt as much as the vine, but at least Nihall kept his distance effectively enough to avoid some of their more powerful, physical attacks.

Once Vinyl was up close each of the Carvanha stopped using Swift and bit down, hard, on Vinyl, icicles firing off in all direction as they did so. This was Ice Fang, a supereffective attack on the grass type. "No!" Jill cried. "Vinyl, back!" she pulled him back into his pokeball before taking more severe damage. She determined a few stars were much easier for her Ponyta to take than Ice Fang was for her Bellsprout to take. She called out Pele, the fiery Ponyta. "Alright, pretty lady," she said, rubbing her fiery mane. "I know they're water types, but they don't have any water moves, okay? Don't be afraid. We can wear them down with Ember."

She never thought fighting water with fire would ever be an effective strategy, but it was the only one which seemed to work at the particular moment. Neither sides were really doing too much damage to each other, and she wasn't sure they could win the stall battle. "Any other ideas?" she asked Finn. "Do you have any grass or lightning pokemon? Ones which can keep a distance?"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Angels Fall Firs...
post Jul 2 2011, 01:13 AM
Post #19

the Wisconsinite
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Yeah, I do!" Finnley said, regaining some of his composure. "Nihall, another Ember, at the one firing at us!" As his Torchic covered him, the trainer fumbled his hand to his belt, picking out Bailey's Pokeball. Just as he was about to pull it off, the Carvanha Nihall had been taking on some how made his way towards the shallow and made a direct hit with its' swift attack, knocking both trainer and partner back again.

Picking himself up, Finnley was unaware of what had just went down. The Carvanha jumped to shore, where Nihall had fell and had taken a bite of his Pokemon. "No!" Finnley shouted, lunging himself at his Pokemon who was now being dragged back into the water. "Jill!" Finn called out, looking back as he laid in the water. But it looked as she was dealing with the other Carvanha with Pele as well.

The trainer then threw himself even deeper in the water as the Carvanha dragged Nihall even further. "Stop! Let go of him!" Just then Finnley felt something grab his leg in the water. It pierced through his pants and hit his skin, causing him to bite his lips. Just then, bubbles began rising from under him. Panicking he began flailing his arms and jumping up and down. "Gahh!"

Suddenly a Krabby squirted out from the bubbles, jumping up and flailing its' own arms. It struck the Carvanha, which then let go of Nihall. Swimming as fast as he could, Finnley reach his Pokemon and carried it back to shore. "Are you alright?"

During that time, the Krabby that had helped him was now fending off the Carvanha, but his surprise attack was soon not that big of an advantage. The Carvanha took a few bites of the Krabby, attacking it with all of its other moves also. Going berserk and raging on the Krabby. "Stop it!" Finn roared out. "Leave him alone!"

The enraged Carvanha then dropped the beat-up Krabby, letting it sink into the water, giving his full attention to Finn. It charged and shot out icicles his way, cutting him up. "No, gahh!" His grip on his Torchic began tightening, "Don't worry, I'll protect you." Finn tried his best, hardening his body any way he could as he prepared for the Carvanha's mighty jaws to strike him as it neared.

A second later he felt a warm wave pass through his body, coming from his stomach outwards. A bright light also blinded him, so it was hard to see what was going on. His arms were pushed apart and he felt Nihall slip out. Worrying he shouted out again, "Nihall!"

But then the shining light stopped, and Finn cracked open his eyes. In front of him stood his new Combusken, it nodded to him, smirking. Finn could tell by his eyes that he was ready for the Carvanha now. "Al...right!"

This post has been edited by Angels Fall First: Jul 9 2011, 10:51 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jul 3 2011, 12:58 AM
Post #20

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Jill wanted to have Pele just use tackle against the Carvahnas. It was her strongest attack against them, since they resisted Ember. However, getting too close was dangerous since their physical attack was extremely high for a young species of pokemon, not to mention their Rough Skin made physical attacks hurt the user. Having Pele use an ineffective Ember attack from afar against their Swift would prove to be an ineffective strategy as well. If she was going to stall this thing out, she'd have to do it properly.

"Alright, Pele, keep your distance," she said, feigning calmness. "Don't bother trying to dodge Swift, just keep using Growl." Growl wouldn't affect Carvahna's Swift attack, but it would allow her to use Tackle without taking too heavy a counterattack.

And so it happened. Pele was hit by Swift, but used Growl. This repeated itself once more before Jill nodded to Pele. "Tackle," she said, crossing her arms. The Ponyta whinnied and charged forward through a stream of stars. It was difficult to gallop through the sand and she was slowed even more once she hit the water, but her Tackle still hurt the piranha pokemon pretty hard. Carvanha had embarrassingly low defenses, while Ponyta's physical strength was high. Of course, by doing so much physical contact damage on the pokemon's rough skin, Ponyta was left with plenty of scratches, on top of the Bite counterattack she took. Luckily, two Growls reduced the power of Bite fairly substantially, but it still didn't seem to be going in Pele's favor. She took two Swifts and a Bite as well as damage from the rough skin.

She noticed, however, when she looked to her right, that Finn was having even more problems. He was out in the water, chasing down his pokemon whom was being pulled under it. "Finn, what the hell are you-" He seemed to be saved, however, by another wild pokemon, a Krabby. She ran to help Finn climb out of the water and, while she did so, commanded "Morning Sun!" to Pele. It was a largely ineffective healing move late at night, but when the damage she was taking was extremely incremental (Bite and Swift were each doing very little damage to her) every little bit helps. "Then Tackle again!"

"What the hell's the matter with you?" She asked Finn, holding his Torchic tightly. "You could have died."

That was about the time the little guy evolved into a fairly magnificent Combusken. "Impressive," she crossed her arms. "Combusken's a Fighting type. He'll do a lot of damage, since Carvanhas are Dark. After he takes care of this one, he can help Pele finish hers off. Yeah, that'll be good," She turned her attention back to Pele. Now that they had a solid offensive power on their team, the Ponyta could worry more about survival. "Pele, just keep using Morning Sun. We'll be alright, no need to hurt yourself anymore!"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 03:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.