Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
4 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The best and the worst Generation
Best and Worst Generation
Best Generation
First Generation; Red, Green (Japan only), Blue, Yellow [ 21 ]  [17.95%]
Second Generation; Gold, Silver, Crystal [ 55 ]  [47.01%]
Third Generation; Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald [ 21 ]  [17.95%]
Fourth Generation; Diamond, Pearl, Platinum [ 10 ]  [8.55%]
I like them all equally [ 10 ]  [8.55%]
I hate them all equally [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Worst Generation
First Generation; Red, Green (Japan only), Blue, Yellow [ 16 ]  [13.68%]
Second Generation; Gold, Silver, Crystal [ 8 ]  [6.84%]
Third Generation; Ruby, Sapphire, Emerald [ 33 ]  [28.21%]
Fourth Generation; Diamond, Pearl, Platinum [ 41 ]  [35.04%]
I hate all of them [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
I love them all [ 19 ]  [16.24%]
Total Votes: 117
Guests cannot vote 

Gati
post Jan 17 2009, 03:26 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 2 056

Active Squad

In your opinion and graphics aside, what has been the best and worst Pokémon Generation???

--------------------
[spoiler=GTS+PL Badges][align=center] [/spoiler][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Milo
post Jan 17 2009, 03:34 PM
Post #2

Future GTS+ PL Rock Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 898

The Team of Rock

I liked the first gen the best in terms of map, region, pokemon.
And the worst for me was Forth gen, i didnt like most of the pokemon.
Pidgey beats Starly, not in battling, but how much I like them and rattata beats that useless bidoof.
Obviously I like D/P/Pt Games better, but only because they are newer, a remake of FR/LG with Pt features would be my favourite, although they should rather remake G/S/C.

--------------------

Avatar and Signature by Mark 331
+Quote Post

Wastelander
post Jan 17 2009, 03:48 PM
Post #3

True king
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 552

The Runaways

By far, the second generation were the best in terms of the two regional maps, best Pokemon, best elite four and several other reasons.

I think the worst (Surprisingly) was the first gen. I didn't seem to like any of the Pokemon (excluding the uber awesome Scyther, of course.) Kanto sucked. The remakes even sucked. For something of it's age I never liked it. sad.gif But this is just my opinion.

--------------------

Software engineer by day. Hermit writer by night.
nothing is impossible chasing a super hero on the run
+Quote Post

Milo
post Jan 17 2009, 03:52 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

Most of my favourites come from Kanto, I liked certain ones at the start of the series and for some reason never moved away from them.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Mana
post Jan 17 2009, 07:13 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 1 204

Active Squad

There were a lot of things about the third generation that just didn't agree with me. There's quite a few Pokemon that I like from that generation though. Overall though the generation just wasn't that good.

I picked the second generation as the best. I pretty much like the other three generations the same though.

--------------------
"Time line? Time isn't made of lines. It's made of circles. That is why clocks are round."

Skymin pokeball by Miracle Eye.
+Quote Post

knil1
post Jan 17 2009, 09:10 PM
Post #6

also known as Duzzel. ^_^
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 392

Dream Party

It was hard to answer for my favorite, but D/P was definetely the one i didn't like

Here's why
First gen - brought pokemon (it was the first thing from pokemon ever!)
2nd gen - brought new cool pokemon, good technology, better PC, and it had 2 regions!!
3rd gen - actually it was just better in graphics and the PC
4th gen - Didn't bring anything. besides new pokemon, there wasn't much of anything special about it...

I voted first generation because i loved having pikachu following me everywhere and that it was the first one.
It was awesome!
Did Yellow set up the basis for The cartoon or was the cartoon the basis for Yellow?

--------------------

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Milo
post Jan 18 2009, 12:23 AM
Post #7

Group Icon

The Team of Rock

I think this question needs to be more specific, its hard to answer cause the last gen had better gameplay than the first, you havent specified the anime, the games, the regions. there are a lot of variables.
You could say overall, but its a hard question to answer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Jan 18 2009, 03:48 AM
Post #8

Veteran
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I like all of them, but if I had to rank it I would put it as:

This post has been edited by johnrichard1991: Jan 18 2009, 03:48 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Flamer
post Jan 18 2009, 07:47 AM
Post #9

Insert whitty phrase here
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 757

Faves

It's difficult, becuase it depends what you judge them by. If you judge them by how much they contributed to what Pokemon is today, it will obviously be Gen 1 since it started everything. If you go by which improved most from it's previous gen, then I'd say Gen 4, since the introduction of wifi was the best yet. If you go by whats most fun to play now, then it would have to be Gen 4, but if you by what was most fun to play at the time then it's definatly Gen 2. So it's a kind of impossible question. That said, I did go for Gen 3 as the worst, becuase whilst it improved on Gen 2 graphics imensly, it didn't really add as much stuff as Gen 2 or Gen 4, and R/S left out some of my favourite Pokemon. I went for Gen 2 as the best, becuase it had some really original ideas and was great fun to play at the time.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pokemaniac John
post Jan 18 2009, 10:20 PM
Post #10

Expert Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 029

Active Squad

The best thing about generation 1 was the Pokémon. No generation has beaten them in originality yet. The worst thing was the type chart and the glitches.

The second generation holds the most nostalgia for me, but in actuality, the Pokémon are strange, the world is small (Johto) and the game is easy to beat. However, gold and silver expanded on the formula enough to warrant the fame this generation has gotten.

Generation Three. It was the greatest improvement in interface the series has seen yet. The new Summary Screen, and the AWESOME new PC among other things. The Pokémon were pretty good, I guess, and the modern super-legendaries-battling theme emerged.

Generation Four. It takes the interface from III, the original Pokémon from I (evos), the connectivity and improvements from II (now moves are PHY or SPC) and smushes it all together on two screens. I have to say, one of the biggest complaints I have about IV is the MASSIVE amount of legendaries. I am reminded of a certain VG Cats comic... but I digress.

All things considered, the newest is usually the "best" and the oldest the "worst", but it boils down to preference. Pokemon has always been a part of my life, especially in my childhood. RBY was at my old house on the Gameboy Pocket. GSC was with the Gameboy Color watchin Cartoon Cartoon Fridays with my sister. RSE/FrLg was playing with my friends and linking up A LOT, plus buying a Gamecube. DP was preordering, talking with my friend in high school (shh!) and playing the biggest, newest game on hot, spring days.

How can I choose? Like a father should his children - I love them all!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Tiamat
post Jan 19 2009, 07:31 PM
Post #11

everything is happening so much
Group Icon

Member No.: 70

Active Squad

I'm stuck between the Chromatic and Metallic gens. I loved the harmless glitches in the Chromatic gen and it had a nice touch of darker undertones and a more sinister criminal group, while the Metallic gen had some of my favorite pokemon, improved balance, and new types.

My least favorite was definately the Advance gen. It had some nice mons, but that scarcely matters when your only other innovation is a improved box system and there are too many mons and no wi-fi. I... was not fond of Hoenn.

Fourth gen has the redeeming factors of the Underground, some nice pokemon, even though the starters suck, and wi-fi, which makes 400+ pokemon to collect that much more reasonable.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mclena45
post Apr 4 2009, 03:20 PM
Post #12

The Pokémon SAVIOR
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 934

Allen's Team

I like Gen.2 because you could go back to Kanto. I didn't like Gen.3 that much because I was used to going to other regions. I like Gen.4 better then 3 because of the awesome graphics.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Lester Burnham
post Apr 5 2009, 10:39 AM
Post #13

Look closer.
Group Icon

Member No.: 72

Active Squad

This goes to General Pokemon.

Obviously every generation has its strengths and weaknesses.

Generation 1 had the honor of launching the series to a worldwide phenomenon. Team Rocket was at its evilest and they were relatively hard to defeat. The missingno glitch gave people an unfair advantage, but people either rejected it or welcomed it (I myself only used the glitch after beating the game). Accuracy was based on speed, which, to an extent, was okay, but with the OHKO moves it could be abused (see: X-Speed spamming). The graphics were, of course, poor, but that's what you get for a first try. Most of the Pokemon were disproportionate to their artwork, and some trainers were also a little awkward (I'm looking at you, hikers). The music was fairly decent for a Game Boy Pocket game and FRLG killed some of the original tracks we know and love. This generation will always be in my heart long after the internal batteries have killed my game.

Generation 2 was the best, no doubt. It had its flaws, such as the fairly easy difficulty of the game (the E4 was at its weakest in this game) but I thoroughly enjoyed playing through both Kanto and Johto. Team Rocket was still evil (they cut off Slowpoke Tails and took people hostage). Crystal introduced the moving Pokemon theory which I love to this day. The music combined old favorites with new twists and this generation probably has some of the best tracks to the Pokemon Series' name. The graphics were poorly done in this game and many agree that this generation had the worst graphics. The new Pokemon were mostly interesting and exciting, compared to some of the later generations. The egg system was superior and crucial for later generations, especially wi-fi generations. The rival was awesomely evil, considering he'd kick you and steal stuff. He's the series' most popular rival because he's so badass. <3

Generation 3 was the worst. The region was boring, the people were generic, the villians were dumb, and the rivals were losers. The music was stupid and uneventful (the only good thing was the introduction of the legendary battle theme). The new Pokemon, for the most part, were boring and most people would forgo them once acheiving their old comrades. Aqua and Magma were just plain awful in the sense of telling you where to go. At least their Pokemon were decent this time around. The E4 was fairly interesting this time around, considering you had to fight someone with Dragons that wasn't the champion (he was hard...). Emerald, in bringing a majority of old features back, was the best in the generation but its good features were overrun by the generation's poor qualities.

Generation 4 was poorly done for the most part. Although it brought back a lot of the second generation's features, it was still poor. Team Galactic was weak and uneventful, and the rivals were stupid and had poor Pokemon. Cynthia was the only decent E4 member, but I found the post-E4 features interesting. The Pal Park was pretty interesting as was the Fight/Survival/Resort areas. Wi-Fi was phenomenal and I love it. cat.gif

So, in order, I say 2, 1, 4, 3.

--------------------
[align=center]I am the earth-mother, and you are all flops.
[/align]
+Quote Post

Nichaling
post Apr 5 2009, 11:24 AM
Post #14

Lurker.
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 777

Oh my. I must say that what Iulius Caesar said was exactly what I though. My all time favorite was the second gen.
But I do liked them all. I can't choose the worst.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Meep Meep
post Apr 5 2009, 01:04 PM
Post #15

Diglett Army
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 445

Active Squad

I like them all, but the 1st and 3rd were my favorites. I didn't like the 2nd one as much, and didn't get too into the 4th one (yet). =(

--------------------

Party
I try to click back as much as possible.

+Quote Post

Pelagius the Mad
post Apr 5 2009, 02:55 PM
Post #16

Out back counting stars
Group Icon

Member No.: 660

Order of Worms

By far, the second generation was best. I think that just goes for human instinct. There are a lot of things that aren't as great the first time, but by the second time, they're awesome. Take music for example. Lots of artists don't become famous until their second album release. But that's just one example, I'm sure there are more, but I'm lacking thought today. My least favorite was fourth generation because it's almost like they're starting to try too hard to keep the Pokemon trend going. It's not that I don't like the fourth generation at all, because I do, I just like it the least.

--------------------
gpx+ party
Don't be cruel, feed them.

last.fm.backloggery
i've claim'd farfetch'd

+Quote Post

Sherbet
post Apr 6 2009, 02:32 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 7 586

YES

I like all the regions, except the latest one.

Bidoof. WTF.
Or Probopass? Come on.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Atramentua
post Apr 7 2009, 03:11 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 000

Active Squad

Best generation: Johto (Gold/Silver/Crystal)
Worst generation: Hoenn (Ruby/Sapphire/Emerald)

Otherwise, I like all of the games. happy.gif It's just that Hoenn was the one I liked the least.

--------------------

I always return as many clicks as I am given. cat.gif
+Quote Post

Cooltrainer Benj...
post Apr 7 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Validating
Member No.: 9 103

The Woof Woof Team

The best generation was the first one. Hands down. There wasn't too many Pokemon, so I didn't feel overwhelmed. The Pokemon weren't... like Nosepass. And the storyline was easy to follow.

The worst generation is the newest one. Hands down. They're just trying too hard these days. ANd the Pokemon seem... forced.

--------------------

^ I will click back if I'm avaliable. :]

We can make it to the fence in 1.8 seconds... Can you?

~Benji's Woof Woof Team; the elite team of canines; roughly based off his own, real life team of canines~

--(from left to right) Cinnamon, Sandy, Lilo, Precious, Sakura, Chance, Meepster--
+Quote Post

Emerald Wyvern
post Apr 7 2009, 07:49 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 43

Active Squad

I have to say my favorite Generation would be the Second (GSC). It houses some of favorite Pokémon like totodile, Skarmory, and Umbreon among others. It is also the longest due to two regions and it also innovated the most between Generations.

My least favorite, however, would be the Third Generation (RSE). This Generation has some of the least memorable Pokémon and, without a doubt, the worst teams. The PokéNav was also pretty boring. Oh , and I don't like the Trainer designs. However, despite how much I dislike this Generation it does contain my favorite region. I liked visiting these areas.

--------------------
"For what profit is it to a man, if he gains the world, and loses his own soul?"

Click the Eggs/Pokémon to make them hatch and grow respectively.
+Quote Post

4 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 2nd May 2024 - 05:20 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.