Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Eggs
Rizu Chan
post Dec 27 2010, 11:44 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 104 287

Active Squad

I was thinking that, much like in the Dream Shelter where eggs of species you haven't picked before are showed as the generic egg sprite, eggs in the Shelter could have the same thing done to them. I've hatched so many by now that sometimes I just don't remember who I haven't picked and who I have -- so making them all mystery eggs would be fun.

You never know what you're getting until you get it at least once. And maybe it'd help, somehow, to bring down the egg population in the Shelters a bit. Make it more like a game. ^^

EDIT
Since people are saying the wouldn't want it as a default setting for whatever reason this could also be made into a setting -- those who want it activate it and those who don't keep with their eggs in their full color as usual. I just think it'd be very helpful, especially for users like me that use the mobile version more than the normal site -- and we can't hover over eggs there to see if we've already hatched them or not. >:

This post has been edited by Rizu Chan: Dec 29 2010, 03:43 PM

--------------------

Clicks Are Very Loved

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Special K
post Dec 28 2010, 12:27 AM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

I already completed the eggdex so that wouldn't affect me but I feel like that would maybe be annoying to newer users who wanted certain pokemon, or were going for certain achievements/badges/exploration tasks and had to just keep guessing until they got the right pokemon dry.gif there's a LOT of different eggs, so that would just seem... frustrating? I don't know. Besides, you can tell which ones you have yet to obtain by hovering over them. If it says "Mystery egg", you haven't grabbed it yet.
+Quote Post

Darien
post Dec 28 2010, 01:43 AM
Post #3

Does this smell like chloroform to you?
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 046

Active Squad

Actually, I could see this useful for both new Users an older Users that haven't completed their egg dex (Like me lol). But a good solution to this would to have it as an option in our settings. By default, I would say have it turned off as to not confuse people ^^

--------------------

~Growing older is inevitable - growing up is optional~
+Quote Post

Rizu Chan
post Dec 28 2010, 01:46 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

*nods* Darien has a point, it could be a setting of sorts.

Of course, if people are egg hunting specific species they shouldn't have a problem once they've gotten it at least once -- and in any case there's always the Laboratory as a last resort. Lot of people seem to forget that place exists. XDD

I think it'd be a nice implementation, make it a bit more challenging to actually get stuff from the Shelter -- since it's currently swamped from neck to feet due to most people being in Gen 5th Pokemon hype. XD

--------------------

Clicks Are Very Loved

+Quote Post

pyreflydust
post Dec 28 2010, 07:56 AM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 65 432

Watergun Army

I don't know what your problem with the egg shelter being so full is, it does help those of us who are shiny hunting. Not to mention that you could take your own advice and use the lab and a repel and you will wind up with something you absolutely have no egg dex data for.

I guess if this was an option it wouldn't be such a bad idea, it might even be fun. But I can see how it would be frustrating to someone who needs something they haven't found yet, especially if it's for an exploration as I saw a few people express that frustration with the 12 Days of Christmas since it requires two fifth gen pokemon.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Yamper
post Dec 28 2010, 08:13 AM
Post #6

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I guess it sounds kinda fun I suppose...

But a lil hard for the new users :P but then again... it's hard for us in the DreamWorld, right?
But even so... it would be interesting to see the mystery egg sprite in the normal shelter, but I think it would be rather annoying for the new users... and like Kristastic said, you can just hover over the egg to check if it's "Mystery Egg" or not.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Special K
post Dec 28 2010, 10:09 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 846

Active Squad

QUOTE(Samoo @ Dec 28 2010, 08:13 AM) *
I guess it sounds kinda fun I suppose...

But a lil hard for the new users :P but then again... it's hard for us in the DreamWorld, right?
But even so... it would be interesting to see the mystery egg sprite in the normal shelter, but I think it would be rather annoying for the new users... and like Kristastic said, you can just hover over the egg to check if it's "Mystery Egg" or not.

Luckily, though, DreamWorld still has waaaaaaaaaaay fewer species than the normal egg shelter, so its easier to complete the dex slightly quicker. Can you imagine someone who hatches & fills their dex slowly? They could just be grabbing random mystery eggs for months xD

Like Little Alien Girl said, people were frustrated enough if they were missing a lot of 5th gens & had to find the 2 for the exploration. I couldn't imagine doing that in the egg shelter with 135 different species floating around at any given time, haha. So I guess if it was an OPTION, like you guys suggested, then I'd be neutral..... but forcing it on people, I'd definitely still be against xD
+Quote Post

MM96180
post Dec 28 2010, 03:25 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 273

Active Squad

Isn't this why they have the little menu when you scroll over the egg? It'll tell you if it's a Mystery Egg?

--------------------
My Party:
+Quote Post

Rizu Chan
post Dec 28 2010, 08:02 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Problem is I can't hover over eggs in the shelter -- not when I'm on the mobile site anyways, and many times I end up picking something I've hatched before due to that. If I wanted to try and go by memory I'd just go to the Lab and cross my fingers to not claim something I already had.

And if you're shiny hunting this shouldn't be a problem, since you've already hatched the egg at least once (whether from lab or shelter or breeding on your own) so you'd be fie and dandy to continue.

Repels are a joke, especially for sort of new members that don't have that many coins to go around as it is. Hell, I'm still struggling to get enough coins to buy some more account perks I have my eyes on. I seriously don't see how this would inconvenience people, if anything it helps you fill all your eggdex faster -- as well as make it a bit more of a challenge.

And I have no problem with it being a setting and not a default thing, since that way people that like it can use it and those that don't (for whatever reasons) don't use it. Shouldn't be too hard, since they already have the coding in the Dream Shelter. It's just a matter of spreading it over to the Egg Shelter. Safari wouldn't count, for obvious reasons.

This post has been edited by Rizu Chan: Dec 28 2010, 08:39 PM

--------------------

Clicks Are Very Loved

+Quote Post

Klowii is Sexy
post Dec 28 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #10

She's sexy and I know it~
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 30 189

Add fifth gen, please

It could be a setting, for those of us who either
1) Want a challenge
or
2) are insane

--------------------
[align=right]2:31 PM 08/10/07 - 11:19 PM 03/17/2012 remember~[/align]
[align=right]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Jen
post Dec 28 2010, 08:15 PM
Post #11

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

They already have mystery egg written on it, but I guess with a default picture that will stop people from being biased towards certain eggs like... carnivine or whatever. (my last egg that i wouldn't get till the end. that and the hippo... and the fish... relicanth.)

I came to post against this, but then changed my mind. man, i don't even know anymore. but i was definitely biased because i thought the egg design was ugly or didn't like the pokemon. But I have Zerxer next to me who thinks he is for this idea.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Dec 28 2010, 09:23 PM
Post #12

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

I like the idea of using the default egg sprite for any egg which you do not have.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

The Final Pam
post Dec 28 2010, 10:21 PM
Post #13

Darkrai Fan Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 191

Dream party

I also came to post against this then you changed my mind. It is a good idea as an option so that way new people can say "no I don't want this" and they don't have it! It's frankly very simple!
+Quote Post

Rizu Chan
post Dec 28 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

LET THE MIND CHANGING REVOLUTION BEGIN!!! XDD

But yeah, if people are against it being a default thing it can be a setting. I just think it'd be very useful, especially now that I'm using the mobile in my i-4 a lot more than on my laptop (simplicity and non lag for the win baby) but picking eggs there -- especially since I can't hover over them to check if it's a mystery or not -- is a pain in the arse.

Picked two today that I had already previously hatched.
Dunsparce and Horsea. xDD

--------------------

Clicks Are Very Loved

+Quote Post

Darien
post Dec 29 2010, 12:59 AM
Post #15

Group Icon

Active Squad

Just to comment on people saying "You can just hover over the egg and see if it's a mystery egg or not."

Well, we could spend all our time going each egg one by one to see, and by the time we get to a mystery egg, someone else may have already claimed it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jen
post Dec 29 2010, 01:13 AM
Post #16

Pidgey Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 64 269

PIDGEY LOVE

QUOTE(Darien @ Dec 28 2010, 11:59 PM) *
Just to comment on people saying "You can just hover over the egg and see if it's a mystery egg or not."

Well, we could spend all our time going each egg one by one to see, and by the time we get to a mystery egg, someone else may have already claimed it.

Not likely. The eggs in the normal shelter go pretty slow, and if that does happen, then the egg will most likely be there next stock or so.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Rizu Chan
post Dec 29 2010, 01:19 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

That has actually happened to me quite a bit, especially with semi-rare Pokemon that don't tend to pop up in the Shelter all that commonly to begin with.

That and the odd case of novelties, when I'm stuck staring at the egg trying to figure out if I have it -- and by the time my brain tells my finger to click it's already gone. XD

--------------------

Clicks Are Very Loved

+Quote Post

Darien
post Dec 29 2010, 02:05 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Jen @ Dec 29 2010, 12:13 AM) *
QUOTE(Darien @ Dec 28 2010, 11:59 PM) *

Not likely. The eggs in the normal shelter go pretty slow, and if that does happen, then the egg will most likely be there next stock or so.

It still happens to me more often than I'd like.

Also, think of Prof Cypress breeds. If she breeds something and it gets thrown into the shelter, I'm willing to bet it'd be picked up pretty quick XD

--------------------

+Quote Post

Pikagrue
post Dec 29 2010, 04:42 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 690

herp derp

I have to say that I do not particularly like this suggestion, mainly because it would make it rather trivial for a person with a complete egg dex to pick out newly-released novelties. On the flip side, it would make it quite difficult for a user with an incomplete egg dex to locate any novelties at all.

Just strikes me as somewhat unbalancing.

--------------------
|

It is pitch black. I am very likely to eat you.
90% of internet users fail to understand basic arithmetic. If you are one of the 12% that do, paste this into your sig.
+Quote Post

Darien
post Dec 29 2010, 04:49 AM
Post #20

Group Icon

Active Squad

Well, I've already thought about that. Most people I think would already know what the mystery egg would look like, or know of an egg they've never seen before.

The main reason I like this suggestion is simply because I find it bothersome to memorize all the eggs I already have (Or don't have) and hunt around looking at the egg pattern while it'll be a lot easier to say "Hey, there's a mystery egg" and grab it since it stands out a lot more than other eggs in the shelter.

--------------------

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 27th April 2024 - 05:54 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.