Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
When Crime Pays
Yzarc Drowsnam
post Dec 6 2010, 11:35 PM
Post #1

Omar comin'
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 10 745

PANE

Justin got to Arasam two days later, on Friday, with a day to spare. It was nice because he was able to get a hotel room and relax for one last night. Though it was true his partner, Nate Guzman, was already waiting for him, Justin didn't particularly care for Nate's company and so decided to wait until the next day to give him a call.

It didn't matter, though. He got a phone call that night around eight. Sighing, he answered. "Yo."

"Hey, Justin, it's Nate."

"I know," he rolled his eyes. "What is it?"

"Well, um," Nate began. "I mean, you know, we have the, uh, the thing. The job? The, uh-"

"Yeah, I know," Justin said. "I'm here. But it's not 'til tomorrow, right?"

"Well, yeah, tomorrow morning, though," Nate said. "I was thinking we could get together tonight, and I could fill you in."

Justin sighed. "Dude, I've been walking for the past couple of days. I just want to sleep, man."

"Tough shit, Justin," Nate finally sacked up. "You want some quick details on what happens if we fuck this job up?"

"Ugh, fine,"

So about an hour later, there was a knock on the door. "It's open," Justin called out, lying comfortably shirtless on his bed watching TV. Nate let himself in.

"Yo, Justin, long time no see, man!"

"Sup, Nate," Justin sighed, rolling over so he was sitting upright on his bed. All of both of their pokemon were still in their pokeballs. Justin noticed that Nate had four pokeballs, one more than their last mission. "You get a new pokemon?"

"Yeah," Nate nodded. "Why I was here so early, actually. Check it out!" He summoned Ninja, a sneasel, who immediately checked out her surroundings. She seemed to gather that Nate was at ease around Justin and so approached him calmly and curiously.

Justin just raised an eyebrow at her. "Should I be nervous?"

Nate laughed. "I don't know, dude, I just got her."

"Alright dude, well, I believe you, she's cool. Call her back?"

"Fine," Nate laughed, calling her back into his pokeball.

"So what's this job? Why the hell are they telling you about it and not me? What, like you're the leader of our unit?"

"Could be," Nate smiled. "So check it," He pulled out a rolled up map from his backpack and placed it on the carpeted floor at the foot of the bed, forcing Justin to move and sit on the floor to see it. "Alright, so this is a cave in Mt. Carello. See, we just take this route here and that'll take us to the entrance. Then we follow this path exactly," the paths were marked on the map. "That's where we meet five men."

"Five men?" Justin asked. "Sounds kinda sketch."

"Yeah, well, I'm sure they're just as suspicious of us."

"Should they be? I mean, our thing is deception, right? Are we planning on-"

"No." Nate said. "This is a real mission. They're not leaving it up to us to pull off something like that. I mean we're like the lowest ranked unit."

"So what's the plan?"

"This." Nate pulled his backpack in front of him and pulled out a fairly small locked briefcase. "We're selling it."

"What is it?"

"Dunno. Not supposed to."

"So we're selling whatever's inside that case for some money. I don't suppose we get to keep any of the profits."

"Nope," Nate said. "I mean, we get paid for the job if that counts."

"Not really, considering I bet it's upwards of a hundred thousand it's selling for."

"Probably," Nate laughed.

"So, what? Why are they letting us do this? Seems pretty important."

"Didn't say," Nate shrugged. "If you ask me, though-"

"I did."

"What?"

"I did ask you."

"Oh," Nate stopped. "Right. Well, then, I think our bosses don't trust these five men."

"So, there's a high mortality rate, and so they send the worst unit."

"Doesn't matter if we die," Nate sighed. "Worst case scenario, for them, they're back to 100 units, which is what it's supposed to be anyway, right?"

"Yeah," Justin sighed. It was an unsettling thought. They were getting sent to a very important mission on the premise that it was probably going to end badly. Either they don't go and get fired (which in Team Deception probably meant worse than getting fired at the Raging Tauros) or they go and get killed by some thugs. Hell, though, maybe Hitmontop was strong enough to keep them safe even if outnumbered. Maybe these mystery men were actually upstanding citizens. They could only hope for the best.

They set out fairly early the next day, before the sun even came up. Justin let Nate sleep on the floor of his hotel room, but he still managed to sleep comfortably in his bed. He was barely awake as they walked, but by the time the sun came up and they were already on the mountain trail, his eyes were open enough. When they got to the place where the cave was supposed to be, however, things started to look unfamiliar.

"So, isn't there supposed to be some sort of cave around here or something?" Justin asked.

To their left and right was thick brush and there didn't seem to be an entrance to a cave anywhere around. Forward, the path just kept going up. "No, no, this is it," Nate insisted. "I know it. It's precise."

"Then where?" Justin asked. "Where do we go, Nate? Why don't you-"

"Shut up, Justin," Nate said. "Shut up. I'll figure it out. I just need time to think."

"Our time is too valuable to waste it in your brain, Nate," Justin rolled his eyes. "This is a fucking trap, man. Team Deception wants us dead."

"No they don't!" Nate yelled. "If they wanted us dead, they'd just kill us. They'd just do it. They don't need all this secrecy. It's too-"

"Deceptive?" Justin finished. "No, that seems right up their alley."

"It's around here."

"You said it was precise."

"Well, I-" Nate stopped for a second and pulled out a pokeball. He summoned Da Bomb, his numel. "Hey Da Bomb. Use Magnitude."

"Dude what the f-"

He didn't get to finish. The ground beneath him began trembling. "Magnitude 2!" Nate yelled. It trembled a little harder. "Magnitude 3!"

"Dude this mountain is gonna collapse!"

"No it won't!" Nate yelled as the trembles grew louder. "Magnitude 4! Magnitude 5!"

By that point, they were forced to hold onto nearby trees just to stay on their feet. "You're gonna kill us!"

"It'll only tear apart weak surfaces!" Nate insisted. "Magnitude 6! 7! 8!"

"Nate calm down!"

"Magnitude 9!"

"Nate!!"

They felt the ground beneath them start to tear and break apart. It wasn't deep enough at this point to actually affect the structure of the mountain, but the surface was falling apart. "You ready?" Nate yelled.

"No!" Justin yelled. "No, I am not ready! Nate don't you do it! Don't you do it!"

"MAGNITUDE 10!"

It was almost a beautiful sight. Rocks were being uplifted, a few trees uprooted. Justin and Nate had to dodge stray boulders and yet, in the midst of all the insanity, Da Bomb stood completely motionless, concentrating with such intensity. His calmness in the whole situation was almost reassuring. That was, of course, until the roots of the tree onto which Justin was holding started to snap away from the dirt. Death seemed so close.

But then, simultaneously, Justin and Nate noticed something just a few yards away. While the rocks beneath them were simply moving around awkwardly, those rocks were moving much more violently. A few seconds later, they collapsed and fell into a hole in the mountain. "Da Bomb, that's enough!"

There was a fairly lengthy comedown from the massive earthquake, but by the time the ground had returned to motionlessness, the terrain around them seemed utterly changed. Trees had fallen over, the path was completely covered in rocks and, most importantly, there was a fairly large hole in the ground. "That's our cave," Nate smiled confidently.

His smile was interrupted by Justin's fist to his face. "Nate, if you ever" He was interrupted, this time, by a flare of heat flying past his face as Da Bomb defended his trainer.

"I got the job done, Justin," Nate stood up, rubbing his pained face. "You need to quit being such a baby."

Justin groaned as he took the lead towards the hole. As he looked down, he realized it wouldn't be possible to climb back up. "Is there another way out of this cave?"

"Not according to the map," Nate said. "But I bet there is."

"Yeah, probably," Justin agreed. "I mean, it's not like our Mysterious Five are coming in through this hole."

When they jumped down into the cave, after Nate called back Da Bomb, a fairly long distance, they realized that it was very dark down there. Again, Nate called out his numel, which made Justin feel slightly uneasy. "Use Ember," Nate whispered. He probably didn't need to whisper considering no one was around, but the quietness and darkness of the cave made the whole situation feel more spooky. Da Bomb created a small flame above the hole in his back which lit up the cave nicely.

"So, we should be going- Yes, perfect," Nate spoke, mostly to himself, as he led the way through the cave, looking at the map as he walked. "Down here," "Okay, now we turn left," "Straight through this part,"

Up ahead, they saw a light. They approached carefully and got to an open area, well lit with a few torches. Sure enough, five men were there, dressed fairly casually for the most part. "You the guys?" one of them asked.

Justin and Nate just looked at each other. "Y-Yeah," Nate said.

"Backbone, Nate," Justin whispered softly. Nate nodded.

"You got the money?" Nate asked firmly.

"Only if you got the package," the largest of the men said as he stood forward. He had tanned skin and neat hair. He was the only one dressed in a suit. His voice was deep.

"We got it," Nate spun his backpack around to his front and pulled out the small briefcase. "Let's see the money."

The man in the suit nodded and turned to the man to his right. "Show them." That man nodded and turned around, walking just a few feet and leaning over. He returned with a similarly sized briefcase and opened it up to show a whole lot of cash: Too much to count. It was at that point that both Justin and Nate realized they had no idea how much money they were expecting. That would have been nice.

"Do you wanna count it?" The man in the suit asked.

Nate started to get nervous, but Justin chimed in, his arms crossed confidently. "Why?" he asked. "Do we need to?"

"It's all there," the man replied with an insincere smile. Justin nodded towards Nate. Nate and the man with the money walked towards each other, their respective briefcases in their right hands. They reached both their left and right hands over to each other so that Nate handed off his briefcase to the other man's left hand and took the money with his own left hand. Both let go of their packages and took what they needed.

Nate walked hurriedly back towards Justin, but tried to remain calm. "Pleasure doing business with you gentlemen," the man in the suit said.

"Likewise," Justin lowered his head very slightly. Mostly, he was just pleased they didn't try to cheat the duo out of both. Of course...

As they turned around to leave this area of the cave, Nate bumped into a particularly large man, who had moved around in the dark tension to be behind the two. While Justin was somewhat confused at the situation, the large man took the opportunity to simultaneously grab the suitcase from Nate's hands and punch the poor kid in the face, knocking him over. Justin reacted quickly by summoning Hitmontop, whose pokeball he had been holding since the start. Immediately after that, though, he had to dodge a punch from the same large man.

While Hitmontop kept the other four at bay and forced them to summon pokemon of their own, Justin retaliated against the larger man with fast and powerful punches of his own. He attacked relentlessly against the man's face until there was a sufficient amount of blood on his own fists to tell him that the man was no longer a threat. "Nate!" He yelled. "Get up! Come on, man!" Nate was conscious, but disoriented. Getting punched in the face twice in one day tends to do that to a little guy like him. Justin pulled him up off the ground. "Can you run?"

"Yeah," Nate said slowly. "Yeah,"

"Let's go,"

As they moved towards the exit, he turned around to see Hitmontop being attacked by four pokemon at once. There was Magmar, Ariados, Gallade and Cranidos. Before he got completely obliterated, Justin called him back into his pokeball and the two ran.

When it got dark, Nate came to a terrifying realization. "They got Da Bomb," he said.

Then Justin came to an even scarier one. "And the money."

Of course, more importantly perhaps, they were still being chased.

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Dec 7 2010, 01:00 AM

--------------------

[spoiler=PANE - Justin Smart]
Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
Currently In: Zoobreak!
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]
[spoiler=PANE - Jill Laurent]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Currently In: Back in the Zone[/spoiler]
[spoiler=Uprising - Abraham West]Magma - Grunt
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
Currently In: Interception!
:piloswine: :elekid: :shellder:[/spoiler]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 28 2010, 02:44 AM
Post #2

I'm dying to see how this one ends.
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 77 254

Taggarty Lee

Tag was broke.

This was evidently going to be quite the problem. He'd spent most of his money purchasing Tobi from the Black Market in Lenoilia, due to a mind reading Abra. However, after parting ways with Cameron and Raven at the Loch Ranch, he decided to simply set off once again on his own, turning down the Loch Ranch's famous hospitality. He'd had enough of people for the time being, even if he did particularly enjoy the company of one of them. Hopefully he'd run into her again soon.

He paused for a moment at that thought. Tag hadn't looked forward to seeing someone in quite some time. Oh well, it was a welcome thought after all.

Arasam was fairly nearby, even if it was a bit of a hike. Along the way, Tag took the opportunity to take on a few challenges from various trainers, trouncing them soundly with his loyal team, and earning a pittance of money as spoils. They all seemed fairly generic, if only because Tag didn't really care to hear their stories afterward. He wasn't looking for more friends. He had Raven and Cameron both out there somewhere, and...oh right, that other kid. Justin. He was a friend too, right?

Finding himself a bit irritated at that train of thought, Tag was incredibly relieved when he realized how close the mountain felt. That changed his thoughts to what the next step in his journey would be.

This was Mt. Carello, or so a passing trainer had said. He'd passed by it without much of a thought on his way from Barley to Petropolis, but he vaguely remembered a trainer saying that he'd visited a Move Tutor at the peak of it. The thought of getting stronger was an enticing one, so Tag figured, why not? He'd scale the mountain.

It proved to be a poor decision. Tag hadn't exactly thought that hiking up a mountain would be an easy task, but he didn't count on it being nearly so exhausting. At the very least, he noted as he looked down at himself, the travel helped him regain some of his former musculature. He was a bit more toned from the harsh living of a trainer, and having avoided cities, fast food and all those other fattening things. He felt good and healthy, if albeit very tired. He didn't engage in too many fights along the mountainside. He slunk past any trainers already engaged, and would simply alter his course when he sensed pokemon nearby. He just wanted to get to the move tutor, and wanted his pokemon in as close to full form as possible, so they could learn some new moves quickly, and he could be on his way. He'd also heard that Arasam had a gym, home to a master of Flying and Fire pokemon. Half of his team was weak to BOTH fire and flying, but he'd attempt to challenge it anyways. To aid him in this, a few new moves wouldn't hurt.

Unfortunately, the trip up the mountain path was starting to get a little monotonous. There really wasn't much excitement involved, especially since he was avoiding conflicts at the moment. Occasionally, a little pain would start up in his stomach, seeing as he'd been punched by a Breloom there a few days before, and even shorter before he'd been shot. His poor stomach. At least it was starting to look more like a washboard, rather than a glob of pudding. Sure, it was vain of him, but who didn't enjoy looking good. In his past two adventures, he was two for two on losing his shirt, so at least he'd want to look kinda sexy, even if he were covered in blood, or lying on the ground with paramedics hovering over him. There was no rhyme or reason to that thought, obviously. It was just a matter of personal vanity and pride, and Tag's pride wasn't about to accept the fact that he had a couple pudgy bits on him.

The reverie was good enough to keep the fact that his feet were starting to hurt at bay.

Occasionally, he'd let out one of his pokemon to enjoy the mountain air and the scenery. Tobi, the newest addition to his team, seemed to enjoy it immensely, as he'd been cooped up in a cage in polluted Lenoilia and in the city of Petropolis for goodness knows how long. The normally calm Vulpix enjoyed cavorting about, running ahead several paces of Tag and turning around to crouch down, wagging his six tails energetically. Tag would smile and keep walking, watching as the Fox pokemon bounded about happily, enjoying his newfound freedom. Well, he was still bound to Tag so it wasn't true freedom, but it was freedom from the suppressing air of being a commodity, rather than a living creature.

When Kyoko was out, she'd waddle alongside him, forcing Tag to slow his pace a bit. He didn't really mind, except for the part where she seemed even more stinky than usual. She'd more than likely sucked up a lot of the polluted Lenoilian air, and after all, she'd evolved into her current state surrounded by the noxious Koffing gasses. He tried to smile at her, but found his eyes watering at her stench. Poor Kyoko seemed somewhat offended by it, as her Trainer couldn't even really bring himself to stand around her at the moment. Perhaps her poor mood made her smell all the fouler, so Tag apologetically recalled her to her ball after she'd gotten some time out in the open air.

Bachi trotted faithfully alongside Tag when he was out, occasionally veering off path to follow some scent or some sound, but would quickly be reeled in as Tag sharply called his name. Tag hadn't quite pegged his Nidorino to be such a curious sort, but here he was, entranced by all the sights and sounds around him. Perhaps it was because he had evolved in Petropolis, and spent most of his time in Lenoilia, but his senses must've been heightened since his evolution, and now he was actually enjoying all the sounds and smells around him. After each of them had their turn out in the sun, Tag recalled them all, continuing the trek on his own.

Continuing further on the path, he noted a hole in the side of the mountain.

"Ah. A cave" he said aloud to no one, seeing as there was really no one to hear him. By his logic, the Move Tutor was a crazy hermit living in a cave. Therefore, the cave was a natural place to begin looking for the Move Tutor. Should he have stopped and asked for directions? No. That would've made a much less interesting story. His mind was soon occupied with what moves he might've been able to teach his pokemon. He figured that another support move like Tailwind would be good for Suzu, or perhaps she could learn Ice Punch to help against flying pokemon. A move like Sucker Punch would be good for Bachi, to help him get in some early hits. His speed was a bit of a hinderance, since evolution he'd grown more defensive and less mobile. Naturally, he grew curious as to how Bachi's evolution into the powerful Nidoking would affect him. Tag had heard that Vulpix could learn the move Magic Coat, and that seemed to be just the sort of move that the Move Tutor could teach Tobi. He wondered if the Move Tutor could teach Kyoko how to not stink so much, but in terms of actual moves, he wondered on the possibilities of Kyoko learning Razor Leaf, to add to her offensive arsenal. The thoughts were fun and engaging in his head, as he argued with himself the pros and cons of each choice.

Tag sighed, as the cave was quite dark. Reaching into his backpack, he pulled out his handy dandy flashlight and continued along the way. If at any point there seemed to be trouble, at least he could find his way back. He knew he had some chalk to mark his way back if the little underground cave divulged into some crazy underground tunnel. At the very least, in this way he was prepared. He headed down a little ways, noting, disappointed, that there seemed to be no signs of life, or even any signs that anyone had ever lived there.

He wasn't prepared, however, for who would appear in his flashlight's beam.

"Justin?" He blinked sheepishly at the person in his lights. It looked like a dull witted, overly muscular teenager, that was for certain. He shone his light over a little to the kid's side, noting a scrawnier, slimy looking kid. "Oh. You're here too." he couldn't help as the disappointment slipped out of his voice. "...What're you doing in a cave?"

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Dec 29 2010, 05:58 PM
Post #3

Nachtales
Group Icon

Member No.: 83 491

The Pack

"Finally! A chance to enjoy our vacation!" Raven stated energetically, leaning down to continue washing her face in the river they had stopped at. Their food supply, generously given to them by the folks at Loch Ranch, was running low, and Raven knew that waterfronts were a wonderful place to find berries, as well as possibly catch a fish. Requiem had been assigned to that task; with his speed and love for fresh Magikarp, Raven knew he would come up with something, even if it was just for himself. Aria had occupied herself with mulling over random objects; ever since her leg injury, the kitten was a bit lackadaisacal and ponderous, something which worried Raven greatly. It was unlike Aria to be anything other than happy and spunky, but Raven didn't blame her. She probably wouldn't be apt to recover after such a grevious injury, either.

The newest, self-proclaimed member of the team, a deaf, blue-eyed Larvitar (whom Raven refused to keep or name, seeing as she insisted that she did not have the means to support a gravel eating lizard) was busy digging and happily munching on soil, oggling at the mountain in the distance. "That's where we're headed, Larvitar." Raven said, pulling her head out of the flowing water, her dark, lush hair and face dripping with the crystalline fluid. The Larvitar simply continued staring at the mountain, dirt and mud smeared upon his stout little muzzle. Raven turned her head, a loud splashing catching her attention. Requiem was in a fierce battle with a rather large Magikarp, growling and snapping appropriately. Being the ever-digilant trainer, Raven, though a series of snaps and claps, commanded Totodile to use Bite, a recently acquired move that was discovered when Requiem proceeded to attack a sapling, and bite it in two.

The Totodile's attention piqued towards Raven, and with a reaffirming nod, proceeded to Bite the Magikarp and put it out of it's misery. The large, orange fish fell limply in Requiem's mouth, and the proud blue lizard dragged his catch over to Raven, dropping it beside her. "That's my good fellow!" Raven said happily, still attempting to squeeze water out of her hair, pausing to reach out and touch the Totodile's nose, to find it reciprocated by a gentle claw reciprocating the gesture to her own nose. Raven rose to her feet, her thumb placed in the Magikarp's mouth, holding it up to her side. The fish had to weigh at least 20 lbs, which was a good weight for such a fish. Walking over to the pre-constructed line, constructed out of two attached tree limbs and a piece of vine, Raven strung up the hefty catch out of reach of any hungry poke'mon.

Upon feeling her footsteps, the Larvitar came trotting over, looking up at her with it's adoring blue eyes. "Don't worry, I'll feed you too, while you're here." Raven said to deaf ears, and the lizard kept blinking up at her lovingly. Raven couldn't help but smirk at the poor thing, and knelt beside it, scratching it on it's tough little scales. It crooned happily, and Raven rose to her feet, looking around for some kindling. Night was upon the small group, and they needed to get a fire built to cook the 'karp, as well as to keep them safe throughout the night. She was surrounded by fallen logs near the riverbank, which suited well as a proper source of firewood. After gathering a small armful of wood, Raven proceeded the short way back to their makeshift campsite, where her companions were patiently waiting.

Raven stacked the wood in a triangle fashion, and looked over to Aria, who was currently nibbling on a a leaf. "Aria, mind helping me out a little bit here? I could use a Spark." Raven said with a smile, indicating the small pile of wood in front of her. A happy smile spread across Aria's face and she slowly rose to her feet, and limp-trotted over to Raven, nuzzling her hand in the process. Aria's mobility had improved greatly; she was having to be carried at Loch Ranch, and now, she was to the point of moving on her own, even hopping and sprinting when she got into a particularly mischevious mood. There was still a small limp to her step, but it was far greater than never walking again, which had been a fear for Raven, initially.

Aria looked at the pile of wood, and her body began to glow. Raven recognized this as the move Charge, and moved away from Aria slightly, knowing what was next. Aria's fur began to spark, and soon enough, as Aria's nose neared the pile of wood, a large spark flashed, and the pile of wood flashed to life. Raven winced with the flash of heat, but as the fire settled, Raven couldn't help but smile at her companions, their faces brilliantly flickering with the reflection of flaming tongues.

As the sun settled over the horizon, a wonderful smell of cooking fish, cooking rotisserie style over the flames was thick in the air. Raven and the crew were nibbling on some berries, a few, unripened berries already in her pack for transport in the morning. Raven reached out and pulled the stick off from over the fire, breaking off a fin and crunching it. The food was ready. After waiting for it to cool, Raven divvied out wholesome portions to everyone, save the Larvitar, who was happily munching on some soil, and sneered at his portion. Aria and Requiem munched happily on their pieces, while Raven tugged away a piece of filet from the bone, savoring the earthy, fishy flavor.

The moon rose high over their campsite, and little more than stripped fishbones remained. All involved had full tummies, Requiem and Aria's pouching out a little more than usual. Any remainder fish had been salted, and placed in her pack, due to a salt lick that the Larvitar discovered the day before, and was about to devour. Raven permitted this act, only after the Larvitar had graciously carved out and crushed some of the rock salt for her. There wasn't much left, but the salt on the fish would prevent it's untimely decay.

The fire was naught more than simple embers now, so Raven added a few more small sticks, and wrapping her jacket about herself, snuggled up to Aria and Requiem, whose eyes were already half-lidded with fullness and slumber. As she felt something of a rock hit her back, she knew that the Larvitar was bedding down for the evening as well. "Good night, all." she said with a yawn, curling up around her team and slowly, gently falling asleep under the night sky.

~*~

~Lights...so many lights...flashing, peering, prodding and assaulting her...there was no escape...no escape...

Raven awoke with a start, sweat beaded on her brow. Dawn's first light was creeping over the horizon, and her companions were still fast asleep. The fire had crumbled an ashy pile, residual embers still glowing in the grey flakes. Shakily, Raven propped herself up, which caused a sleeping Requiem to fall over and wake with a groggy, grumpy growl. The others stirred with his noise, and with their own respective mews and growls and yelps and chirrups, looked up to Raven to see what was the matter. "It's nothing, guys...bad dream." she said sleepily, reaching up a hand to wipe the sweat from her brow. Her hand shakily reached into her pack, pulling out a cigarette and a lighter. Requiem was now immediately awake, and was hopping excitedly, his claw reaching for the cigarette, trying to get a puff. "Damn it, you're trying to quit..." Raven murmured, passing it to the Totodile who inhaled a drag, exhaling contentedly through his nostrils. Taking the cigarette back, Raven finished it, and ashed it in the soil, tossing the butt into the remaining embers of the fire.

"Well...now that we're all awake..." Raven sighed, rising to her feet, stretching in a large, vibrant way, the others mimicking her movements. Reaching down, Raven hefted her bag onto her shoulder, the pink and orange sunrise illuminating the mountain in stark contrast. "...I suppose it's time to go. And it's time for you..." she said, poking the Larvitar on the nose and rubbing her fingertip on it "...to find a new home in the mountain." she concluded sweetly, looking into the Larvitar's sapphire eyes with her own, green ones reflected back to her.

Thus, their trek to the mountain began. Raven was happy to see that the Larvitar was getting more and more excited with each passing step, tugging on Raven's pant leg and pointing towards the mountain. Requiem and Aria followed along with a keen sense of focus, although Raven was happy to note that Aria chased more butterflies than she did the day before. The road was long, and the mountain, which had been at the beginning of the day, such a formidible creature, she now, nearing the end of the day, found that she was at it's base.

Her group was tired, all save the Larvitar. It was time to find a place to camp. Requiem and Aria, for once, didn't oppose going back into their poke'balls, since they were nearly dead on their feet, as it was. They needed to find a place to camp, and soon...the sun was already low in the sky. However, the Larvitar had other plans. With an excited squall, it began ascending the mountain...and rather quickly. "Hey...hey, wait! Slow down! Stay! Heel!" Raven cried, but the deaf poke'mon simply charged ahead, oblivious to her commands. As she followed behind the green demon, she contemplated letting him go, but she had at least wanted to find him a cave or someplace safe. Her legs were burning, and her breath caught in her chest. A dark indentation at the side of the mountain caught her attention, not only for the fact that it was a random cave, but also for the fact that the Larvitar had seen it as well, and was dashing inside. Raven reached the mouth of the cave, hearing the Larvitar's little feet go padding into the darkness. Her breast heaving, she placed her hands on her knees, trying to catch her breath.

Well, that was that. Nature had taken it's course, and the Larvitar had found a new home. Raven had done her job. "Well, so long, Larvitar. I'll miss you, but...it's meant to be." she said between deep inhalations. As she was preparing to turn and head back down the mountainside, an excited scream met her ears. Her blood ran cold, as she recognized it to be that of the Larvitar. Her worst imaginings flashed before her eyes-perhaps the cave had already been occupied by something bigger and meaner? Without a second thought, Raven dashed into the cave.

As the way got darker, Raven slowed down, squinting in an attempt to see her way in the murky blackness. "Larvitar!" she cried, her voice echoing against the dank walls of the cave. Another excited scream from the lizard proved that she was indeed going in the right direction. Her pulse, still quick from her trek up the mountain, and fueled now by adrenaline, was the only thing she could hear, and it was pounding in her ears. The whole thing seemed futile; she was now in pitch darkness, and couldn't even see her hand in front of her face, if she wanted to. Her hands gripped the damp walls of the cave, feeling her way through the corridor. But, what was that? A light?

Raven cautiously went towards the light. Perhaps it was an exit? As she saw the source of the light, she saw three silhouetted figures, one holding a flashlight. Attached to the one holding the flashlight...was a Larvitar, who was holding on to the man's leg for dear life, nuzzling and snuggling on him. "Larvitar, no!" Raven cried, stepping into the light. Her breath caught in her throat as she realized who was holding on to the flashlight. "Tag...?" she asked softly, brushing a lock of brunette hair out of her green eyes. "Tag! What are you...?" she began, before her vision turned over to the two men, whom Tag was shining the light upon. Raven looked between the three, and immediately got on her guard. "There's...not any trouble, is there?" she asked warily, finally noticing that the Larvitar had detached itself and was now nuzzling her leg again.

So much for a quiet vacation.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
Draggies! 8D[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=Credits!][align=center]Credit for CURRENT signatures: Paparazzi, Samoosian, Darcy Wing, TeeHeeDaruma.
Credit for Sprites: Weavile Luffer, DuesSuetonius, Firewave the Dragonite, Zeta of the Skies, Master PokePilot, Skyking240 GirlcalledBob, Drakonawin, PokeNOM NOM NOM, Proddit, Tysm.
Credit for Avatars: Ruki, Sparkleplex, Greykitty, Weavile Luffer, CuPcAkEbUnNy, Absoleevee, JelloJolteon2000, FangChan13, Agent Arcanine, Niltava, Creature Feature, TehArtMonkey, Schmee, Miharu, Mya, TyeDyeWolf, mewkeemyuu, Miekiki, Flygon 3X, TeeHeeDaruma, Teh Huntress.[/spoiler][/align][spoiler=Sprite Collection! (Rotating Images)][align=center]
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]
[/align][spoiler=P.A.N.E and Uprising][align=center]
Credit: PokeNOM NOM NOM and Ruki

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Credit: Doctor Octopus

Uprising [/spoiler][align=center]~*~
Sprite Credit: Poke NOM NOM NOM

Raine Vega
Progress Tracking[/align][/align]
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Dec 30 2010, 03:55 AM
Post #4

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin and Nate came to a halt when they approached Tag, too tired to be excited at the reunion. Nate, whose name was often forgot by acquaintances, knew precisely that Tag did not recall. It also meant he didn't really care. Though really, the thing that made him care the least was that those men had his most powerful pokemon. Justin, on the other hand, couldn't help but be overcome with relief at the sight of his intimidating...Acquaintance? Rival? Friend? Something. They had some relationship. That much could certainly be said.

After a few moments catching his breath, he stood up straight and tried to force a smile. He looked behind him to see if they were being followed, but heard nothing. "I probably should have expected to see you, Tag," he said, noting all of their frequent accidental encounters. As he held his hand out to shake the man's hand, however, a woman approached. It seemed their commotion had attracted a larvitar, which apparently attracted women. Go figure.

Apparently, she was with Tag, and Justin gathered that he wandered off for some reason. It didn't seem like Tag, but who knows? Then she asked if there was trouble.

"Um, yeah," Justin began. "Yeah, there are some guys in the- I'm Justin, by the way," he squeezed past Tag and offered to shake the woman's hand. When he got closer and noticed her tattoos, it pretty much confirmed in his own mind that she and Tag were dating, or at least together in some intimate sense. "My partner, Nate," he nodded his head behind himself to Nate, who was basically mortified. "There's a more open space a little further in the cave," He was referring to the meeting spot where he and Nate were betrayed. "Be a little easier to figure things out there, I think."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Dec 30 2010, 10:05 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Blinking owlishly, Tag finally came to his right mind that he had in fact run into Justin and Idiot in a random cave on the side of Mount Carello. Justin did have a point though; part of him should've expected the crazy-random-happenstance meeting. "Part of me should've expected this crazy-random-happenstance meeting".

He was surprised that Justin, for once, looked relieved to see him. Perhaps it was just his imagination, but it did appear to be something like relief. If Tag was a welcome sight, that usually meant to him that something far worse was just around the corner. That or Tag had softened up considerably since their introduction. The latter seemed to ring more true, so he discarded the first thought. After all, calling the other kid "You're here too" instead of "Idiot" seemed like a good baby step.

His second question of "What're you doing in a cave?" would ultimately have to remain unanswered for the time being, as he felt something suddenly cling to his leg. His hand snapped to Suzu's pokeball on instinct, as he flashed the...well...flashlight down at his leg. With a happy smile on its face, he noted that there was a Larvitar clinging to his leg.

Aww. Cute.

Wait.

There was a Larvitar clinging to his leg, and it evidently knew him, which could only mean:

"Larvitar no! Tag?" He had not really gotten the sound of that melifluous voice out of his head yet. Therefore, part of him thought it to be merely hallucination. However, there she was again, blazing green eyes and all.

"Raven?"

Now things were truly a crazy-random-happenstance sort of moment. The oaf Justin whom he'd grown accustomed to (not enough to say friend. Perhaps acquaintance and a half, or acquaintance +1) then Raven, whom he'd warmed up to within hearing the first sarcastic words float from her mouth....were now all together in a cave. This was gearing up to be something interesting.

"There's not any trouble, is there?"

"Um yeah. Yeah. There are some guys in the- I'm Justin by the way" Tag mentally slapped his forehead. In his confusion he'd hurt himself forgotten his manners and failed to introduce the group of strangers. In his confusion he also remembered that he didn't do that in general. His thoughts were willy nilly. "My partner, Nate." Nate. That was it. Nate. "There's a more open space a little further in the cave. Be a little easier to figure things out there, I think."

Tag turned to Raven "What're you doing in the cave?"

That was all anyone really wanted to know. What was everyone doing in that one particular cave? And what on Earth was going on?

This post has been edited by Kamaitachi: Dec 30 2010, 10:06 PM

--------------------

Song Stuck in My Head:~*~Blank Space - Ariana Silvanas (Postmodern Jukebox Cover)~*~

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Dec 31 2010, 12:22 AM
Post #6

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

Raven peered down at the hand in front of her; even in the dim light, her emerald, highly intelligent eyes shimmered with a lingering doubt. However, she extended her slender hand and gripped Justin's firmly, in a not-so-feminine manner. Perhaps it was a way to show the fellow that she wasn't your average girl with tattoos, messy hair, and a pretty leather jacket? In either case, upon releasing his grip, she nodded to the one called Nate, trying not to smile at the terrified look on his face.

"Well, then. Justin-by-the-way and Nate, it's a pleasure to make your acquaintance, I think. I'm Raven." she said quietly, her pretty voice echoing in a unique, sarcastic southern drawl that echoed throughout the cave. She stroked the poke'balls at her hip gently, looking down at them with a fond eye. "I'd introduce you to the rest of the crew, but they don't see too hot in the dark, nor are they too fond of surprises." she said with a chuckle, her eyes darting to Tag in a knowing glance.

As soon as her eyes turned to him, he asked her what she was doing in the cave. In mock anger, a playful smirk resting on her full lips and her hands falling on her hips, she answered. "I could ask you the same thing, you oaf. Last time I checked, you were s'posed to be going cross country, not frolicking about in some dark cave." A small, light laugh filled the corridor, and her eyes fell upon the Larvitar once again. "Well, ever since lover-boy down here decided to follow me from Lenolia, I decided I should at least try to get the fellow to a new home, and a mountain seemed just the ticket. After procuring a map and some delicious vittles from Loch Ranch, I found that this mountain seemed to be just the ticket. Anywho, to make a long story short, this Larvitar seemed to like the mountain, leading me on a wonderful trek up through sharp rocks and briars and what-not..." she paused, smiling down at the Larvitar, scratching him on the head. Looking up at Tag again, her smile faded, and she cleared her throat, putting a serious expression on once again. "...Not because I'm fond of him or anything...just wanted to make sure that he got to where he needed to be alright, is all. I can't keep another poke'mon, y'know."

Her eyes darted down to the Larvitar once again, then back to Tag. "Before you know it, I saw his little green rear run into this cave, and as I was about to venture on my own way, I heard him squalling like a banshee. So, I come chasing after him to see if he's found some sort of monster, and instead, he'd found you. Not sure which one's worse, honestly." she murmured, flashing Tag a mischevious smile, and extending her hand out to him. "It's good to see you again, you damn fool."

After she had explained her story, she turned once again to Justin and Nate. "Now that we all know why I'm here..." she paused to run her hand through her silky, brunette mane, pushing it out of her face so that they could see her better, if they so pleased, "...I think Justin's idea sounds good. We can all get acquainted a little further down, eh?"

With that, Raven stopped to listen. She had gleaned from Justin's fragmented sentence that they didn't need to stay very long, which was why her story had been cut a bit short, to say the least. She heard nothing other than breathing, which was a good sign. She looked back down at the Larvitar clinging to her leg, and shook it. "Not again..." she said with a groan, leaning down to pry the Larvitar's stumpy arms from her pant leg. The poor thing seemed to have mild separation anxiety.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
Draggies! 8D[/align][align=center][/align][spoiler=Credits!][align=center]Credit for CURRENT signatures: Paparazzi, Samoosian, Darcy Wing, TeeHeeDaruma.
Credit for Sprites: Weavile Luffer, DuesSuetonius, Firewave the Dragonite, Zeta of the Skies, Master PokePilot, Skyking240 GirlcalledBob, Drakonawin, PokeNOM NOM NOM, Proddit, Tysm.
Credit for Avatars: Ruki, Sparkleplex, Greykitty, Weavile Luffer, CuPcAkEbUnNy, Absoleevee, JelloJolteon2000, FangChan13, Agent Arcanine, Niltava, Creature Feature, TehArtMonkey, Schmee, Miharu, Mya, TyeDyeWolf, mewkeemyuu, Miekiki, Flygon 3X, TeeHeeDaruma, Teh Huntress.[/spoiler][/align][spoiler=Sprite Collection! (Rotating Images)][align=center]
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Dec 31 2010, 01:22 PM
Post #7

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

As they Justin led the way into the more open area, he forced himself to stay composed, unlike his frantic partner. They were, in fact, walking straight into the part of the cave with five men, each armed with pokemon, or at least where they were earlier. There was no way to know if they stayed or chased after or turned around. Justin was initially hoping they'd stayed stationary, but once he bumped into Tag and Raven, both of whom were trainers, he was hoping they had chased after them.

The reason for that is because that would mean they needed to finish off the witnesses. They already got everything for which they came: The money, the "package," and hell, they even got an extra pokemon which they could probably sell. If they decided to chase down Nate and Justin, that means they needed to do one more thing, and if the two were with Tag and Raven, they would immediately be accused as witnesses and would be forced into the same situation, thus doubling their numbers and something like quadrupling their chances of survival. Honestly, Justin didn't even consider that it was kind of a douchey move to implement these two in this. Not for a minute, at least. Then he realized that he was becoming more and more of a dick. He shrugged.

When they got to the open area, the five men were gone. That meant they probably didn't care about witnesses, which meant they needed to be chased down. Before he let Tag or Raven speak, he turned to them. "I'm gonna be straight with you guys," he said with absolutely no intention of being straight with them guys, "There are some men somewhere in this cave. Bad men. They stole Nate's numel."

"He has a name, Justin,"

"I'm not saying his name," Justin said calmly, his arms crossed.

"His name is Da Bomb,"

"And now you see why I didn't say his name." Justin shrugged. "Anyway, we were using him as a sort of torch, figuring our way through the cave which we found," (As opposed to created) "On the mountain side." He knew, of course, that everything he said would be taken with a grain of salt, at least by Tag, who knew a little of Justin's deceptive history (seeing as how he tried to swindle Tag into helping him do crime before). The difference this time was that there was a glimmer of truth behind his huge falsification.

"I don't know why they did it," Justin continued. "But Nate and I are going after them. I promised him. We'd be really grateful to have either of you along."

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 1 2011, 04:13 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag shook Raven's hand with the same strong grip from the first time they met. Once again, he felt that anything less would be condescending to her 'weaker gender', which was something Tag neither thought, nor wanted her to think he thought.

"Raven, the pleasure is all mine." He smiled. It wasn't by any means a dashing, winning smile of a charming man. In fact, Tag's smile was almost a bit lopsided. With all the stubble he'd accumulated since he left Lenolia, it should've appeared awkward; a bit broader of a smile might've indicated that he was a lunatic. However, the good nature in the smile, and the slight softening of his deep brown eyes were the clearest indicators that he was, in fact, incredibly happy to see her.

Once they reached a little cave clearing, Justin began to fill them in on the situation as to why the duo had appeared within the confines of the cave. Then the two had a brief squabble over the pokemon's nickname (which Tag had never heard before, and thought it quite fitting for a pokemon like Numel, even if he'd never admit that out loud, especially to Nate.)

The situation seemed oddly familiar, though. It would've been deja vu except for the fact that it wasn't. Last time, Justin and Nate had recruited Tag and Malcolm Smith to help them with a Seviper...and it had led to trouble. Perhaps it had even made it double. No. That was wrong. There was simply trouble. This time, Justin and Nate were asking Tag and Raven to help them with a Numel. Something about this formula seemed all too familiar. Last time, even with the meddling of the 'Pokemon Rangers', the consequences had not been too dire. However, this time, he was in a cave, and there were 'Bad Men' about.

Tag closed his eyes for a moment, crossing his arms in front of him. It looked, for a moment, like he was about to do an about face and march completely out of the cave. In actuality, he was having a sort of internal match with himself, playing a quick chinese checkers game of pros and cons. How that was even possible was unknown to everyone but Tag.

Almost with a resigned sigh, Tag unfolded his arms, meeting Justin eye to eye (which meant he had to tilt his head back slightly).

"I'll help." he nodded. He had resolved the issue on a few points: Justin had proven himself to not be such a bad kid after all. Without Justin, Tag probably would've ended up a hostage for the rest of his life, or worse yet, dead. Justin had also cheered him on during his last gym match. While he didn't exactly like (or even know) Nate, he did not like the idea of someone stealing someone else's pokemon. The cherry to top the thought sundae was that Tag and Raven had both just rescued a decent number of Black Market Pokemon, and in all honesty, Tag did not want to see a Pokemon as cute as Numel wind up in one of those cages, with one of those cruel tags in its ear. Well, it didn't necessarily have to be cute pokemon, rather pokemon in general. Had Nate possessed an uglier pokemon, like...Magmortar or Hariyama, Tag still would've felt the same way. "I don't want to see Da Bomb end up in one of those Black Markets." It was a sufficient explanation as to why he volunteered his aid.

Justin wasn't so bad a kid. However, Tag really hoped that it wasn't JUST the combo of Justin and Nate that seemed to create problems. Tag really hoped that the equation for trouble involved a Seviper in some way shape or form. Having Numel as the new goal, perhaps things would not turn out the same way.

At the very least, he was willing to trust that Justin was not once again deceiving him, even though all the clues were pointing to the fact that they probably were. Tag would give Justin that benefit of the doubt.

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 1 2011, 10:20 PM
Post #9

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

As Raven felt Tag's firm grip, a certain warmness filled her heart, which made her almost not want to let go. She did, of course, but his grasp made her feel secure for the first time in a long time, like she was around someone she could trust. She knew she could trust him, considering she had, upon the first time meeting him, risked her life and the life of her poke'mon to embark on a hare-brained scheme to rescue some poke'mon. She didn't regret it at all, in fact, she felt quite proud about what she had accomplished, but the new scars of her endeavor lingered on her pale skin.

As they reached the bigger area, Raven looked around, her street smarts allowing her to subliminally scout out the surroundings. It seemed pretty primitive, but the fact that the rocks and dust were greatly disturbed around her feet, like there had been a scuffle, caught her attention. It was then that Justin started talking, and she lifted her head politely to listen. As she did so, her face went from polite focus, to slight worry, to a concerned frown. A stolen poke'mon? Crazy name or not, that was a big deal. However, the story, in her mind, wasn't adding up. It was one thing for a poke'mon to be stolen; that was almost a daily occurence in Petropolis. However, for a group of men to be lying in wait in a random cave that would probably never be entered except by the most determined of spelunkers, who would more likely than not have a cast full of extremely strong poke'mon with them.

However, it was clear, by the look on Nate's face, that a poke'mon had most definitely been taken; she could recognize that fear anywhere. As her nose wrinkled in thought and contemplation, she looked over to Tag, who seemed to be having a bit of conflict about the situation as well. Raven, not being a very social person, wasn't too apt people, but helping a poke'mon was a whole different matter. The only thing stopping her from saying yes to the two was one troubling thought; Aria. Her wounded warrior was still in a healing state; could she really risk the little Shinx getting hurt again? Then again, maybe some battle would do some good. The answer was simple. Raven would ask her.

Plucking one of the two poke'balls from her waist, she called forth the Shinx, who appeared with a large yawn and blinking, sleepy eyes. "Hey, baby." Raven said sweetly, kneeling down to pet the kitten's head, who smiled up at her with that happy, shinxy face. "You feel up to doing some more rescuing? Hm?" she asked, stroking behind the kitten's ears. The reply was immediate. A happy mewling and a small bounce confirmed what Raven had been thinking, and Raven hugged the kitten to her, playfully nibbling her ear, before recalling her back to her ball for some more shut-eye.

Raven rose to her feet, and she caught Tag giving his affirmation to help. Raven nodded to Nate and Justin, her arms crossing in front of her chest. "You can count me in as well. I'll do what I can." she stated calmly, however, she made her way to Justin, a slow swagger to her walk, and curled a finger under his chin. Her green eyes flickered dangerously in the dim light. "I only have one stipulation, Justin." she said in a low whisper, a few of the smaller scars on her face exposed on the shadows on her face. "Lie to me, and you will never receive my aid again."

She paused, and pulled away from him with a small smile. "Not like you'd ever need it, of course!" she said cheerily, turning to Tag and offering him a jovial smirk. "Look at me. I'm turning into a regular social butterfly." she murmured, rolling her eyes and rubbing at her temples, in mock disappointment.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 2 2011, 04:05 AM
Post #10

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin was mostly glad to have Tag's aid, since he was not only a better trainer than both Justin and Nate, but smarter as well. The girl seemed oddly sensitive, and very in touch with her pokemon, which Justin did not expect given her rough exterior. Tattoos, holy jeans, a leather jacket. It was almost as if she was trying to look tough. Maybe it was an intentional coverup for her girliness.

As he was noticing the shinx's scarred left eye, gaining some more respect for the woman, she approached him calmly and assertively told him not to lie to her, touching his chin to force him to listen. When she walked away, Justin's eyes naturally wandered a little below her back. He wanted to say something cool. Something which would make him seem just as powerful or strong as her. What came out? "Yes, ma'am," He was entranced.

After a second, he collected himself, however, and decided to add a point of interest, seeing as how they'd certainly figure it out anyway. "I didn't lie," he nodded his head, "But I did leave out a few truths,"

"Justin?" Nate seemed concerned.

"The other parts don't matter to you, though," he added, "Or they shouldn't. The point is that these men are criminals, and I'm sure o'that. Nothing good will happen to," he wanted to sigh, but refrained, "The Bomb, if we don't get him back. If that's not enough for you, then I'm sorry. I can't tell you any more. It's your call."

He actually felt good about this. He was telling them up front that he was doing something shady, and left it up to them to decide whether they would help given this lack of information. Both Tag and apparently Raven had a deep concern for pokemon, and they would help. Justin would probably never tell Tag that the seviper he accidentally helped Justin capture would eventually become a miserable zoo animal. Hopefully that would never come up. In any case, he really hoped he didn't have to lie to Raven. She was scary.

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 2 2011, 06:47 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

"Look at me. I'm turning into a regular social butterfly."

Tag allowed himself a soft chuckle.

"You and me both. Next we'll have to attend some fancy to-do."

However, Justin then pointed out that he'd lied by omission by leaving out some truths. Perhaps he was saying that to appear more trustworthy? Who knew?

"So they're criminals. It doesn't matter. Since we all met up by crazy-random-happenstance in this cave, and Nate's pokemon has been kidnapped, we might as well just get on with it." The usually astute Tag had completely missed all the warning signs on this one. He had his objective in mind, and was ready to once again test out his mettle. He wasn't a Hero of Justice by any means, but he was willing to help Nate and Justin against some criminals, in the same way that Justin had helped him back in Petropolis. What he failed to ask was why Justin and Nate were involved with criminals this time, and why were they in a cave? Had he thought it through a bit more clearly, he might've put some version of the story together. But, of course, he was trying to trust Justin, so that meant giving a little leeway.

"Shall we get started, or should we give them more of a head start?"

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 3 2011, 06:00 PM
Post #12

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

Notice. (click to show)

"Yeah, let's go," Justin nodded to Tag. "Pretty sure they just went down this way." He led the group of four through the cave, which was not quite as well lit up as when Da Bomb was lighting the way. Tag's flashlight was sufficient, however.

Justin and Tag, as the leader and the light bearer respectively, were up front when the cave became narrow enough for only two people to walk side by side,leaving Raven in the back row with Nate. "So, Raven," Justin said, turning his head back to her, "How long have you known Tag?"

Raven smirked in the darkness, but the creaking sound of her leather jacket gave the impression that she had shrugged. "Let's see...well, I met him a couple of weeks ago, so let's give it that. I'm not too good with numbers." she said with a chuckle. "I'm assuming you know him as well. He's a tough old biddy to know, isn't he?" she queried, her eyes darting over to Tag mischeviously, knowing she'd soon be getting a comment her way, or maybe he would just ignore her. He was good at ignoring people, at times.

"Uh, yeah, you could definitely say that," he casually looked over to the man whose approval he so desperately sought, even more than his own father's. Two weeks? How was Tag already so close to a girl who- Oh. A girl. Well, that cleared that up nice and neatly.

"So, if you don't mind my asking," he began, changing the subject. Talking about Tag while he was right there, it seemed weird. "What happened to your shinx?"

"Hit by a car and abandoned, actually." Raven said sadly, stroking the ball that Aria resided in gently. "When I found her, you could barely recognize what poke'mon she was. However, she was still alive, so Requiem and I took her to a Center and got her patched up...waited until she was up and about before we took her home."

A small smile fell upon Raven's face, as she remembered the first time she had seen Aria open her eyes. "Requiem's my Totodile. He doesn't look much better, but that's because I found him by a riverbank in a trash bag, beaten half-to-death. Why anyone would do that, I don't know, but he doesn't really like men, and he's not the most friendly of 'diles. You'd have to meet him in broad daylight if you don't want him to chew on you a little bit. Just a little, though."

"Aw hell," Justin shook his head, looking forward again, "I'm sure I'd deserve it a little. But, uh, yeah, maybe not right now." Justin was warming up to pokemon, that much was sure, but mostly to his own, and a little bit to Tag's. Point being, he didn't have the wherewithal to try and convince a beaten pokemon that he was a good guy. "Seriously, though, that's really cool of you to take in pokemon that need it." The last pokemon Justin took in was a damn pinsir who would probably rule the pokemon kingdom with an iron fist if released. Hopefully he wouldn't have to come out in his expedition.

Raven's smile faded, a little bit of a frown replacing it. "Cool? I wouldn't call it cool, really. That's like saying it's cool to breathe, or eat." Her voice was genuine--for once, she wasn't trying to be sarcastic. "I don't see why someone would hurt a poke'mon at all, or at least do something to help them. It just doesn't seem humanly possible to leave a living, breathing creature to die, or to suffer." she pondered aloud, and her eyes drifted to Nate, who still looked rather uncomfortable. "Which is exactly why I'm helping you guys, no matter how nefarious you two seem. Poke'mon are tough, but even they need someone to fight for them, every now and then."

"So," Justin began, "Gonna go ahead and overlook that word you just called us to say that you coulda done a lot less for them. You coulda left 'em. You coulda taken 'em to a pokemon center and let them handle it. I mean, that's probably what I'da done. But you took 'em in and took care of 'em yourself. Talk it down all you want, they weren't your responsibility."
"I just mean to say that I respect it is all," he added.

Raven's smirk returned. "Now, respect is a word I can hold dear. Thank you very much, Justin." she said sincerely, dipping her head in his direction. "But, like I said. I can't understand why someone wouldn't do what I did, how their conscience could stand the guilt. Then again, I'm proven more and more every day that the human conscience is a fickle beast, growing more and more fallible each day." she said with a sigh. Her eloquent speech, mixed with her southern drawl was unique to listen to, however, as her nature was, she ended her thought with an appropriate, conclusive phrase. "People suck."

Justin held back for a second to really think about what he was going to say. "Sometimes," he agreed. "But I think even the people that suck the most deserve some kind of- I don't know, hope? I mean, pokemon can suck too. Trust me. I guess I just mean- I guess-" he was stumbling over his words, not really knowing what to say. "People make mistakes, and they do shitty things, but I still think, on the whole, they're doing what they think they gotta do."

"Hope. That's a dangerous word, right there." Raven said warily, nodding to herself. "Sure, everyone deserves hope. Everyone deserves a chance. A chance to change, a chance to live...you can pick your poison."

Her pace slowed, to where she had slowed to a complete stop. Her left hand totally rose to her right wrist, upon the exterior arm, not the interior. Her gaze took on a haunted, deep expression, and her head canted to the side. "However...I've found that giving a poke'mon a chance is...less risky than giving chances to people. People...they don't understand. They don't have the capacity to understand." she murmured. A coo from the Larvitar at her heels caused her to lift her head with a snap, and trot ahead to the rest of the group. "Basically..." she began, her voice resonating in a forced, happy quip "...People will always help people. People don't help poke'mon very much. So, that's what I'm here for, I suppose."

Justin looked back to see her running ahead to the group. "Are you okay?" he asked.

"Yeah. I'm fine, you kidding me? Just had to shake off the velcro lizard back there. He slows me down a lot." she said softly, a gentle smile falling upon her face. A small silence followed, and she cleared her throat. "So! Enough about me...what about yourself? What do you do?"

Hell of a question. He sighed and rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly. "Yeah, I'm in construction," he lied. Hoping that one wouldn't come back to bite him in the ass. "That's why I got my hitmontop, he really helps out." He realized that all his interesting stories came after he joined Team Deception. "So, yeah, I'm a pretty boring guy."

Raven's eyes flitted to the hand at his neck, her brow lifting. After living on the streets, around drug dealers and ne'er-do-wells that made Justin look like an angel, she had learned to decipher a few of the big signs that people were being dishonest, or 'tics'. "What part of construction, exactly? Do you weld? Supervise? Do framework, or...?" she asked innocently.

"Well, I'm a contractor," he said, a little more confidently. The fact that he actually used to work in construction helped. "So I tend to do a lot of different stuff. Mostly, since I live in Petropolis, I work on streets and buildings. Structural, I guess, if you wanted to be super specific."

"Oh, you live in Petropolis as well? I live in a little 1 bedroom apartment downtown. What was your last project?" she asked curiously. Now, naturally, she didn't know every project going on in Petropolis, but the longer it took him to respond as he thought of something, would be an indicator of falsehood. She really didn't care, just so long as he wasn't hurting Poke'mon, or herself or Tag.

"Well," he said, going to the easiest answer, "City's building a new highway, you probably already know, and I've kinda just been working on parts of that," It had a hint of truth to it. That project had been going on for years and he actually had worked on it.

"Ah, alright." she resigned. "Well, everyone's gotta do something, I suppose. At least you've got the good end of the employment scheme--that project is supposed to last for a while. I'm going to assume you're just taking a vacation?"

"Yeah," he said, looking straight forward. "Not quite the dream vacation, but you know. But, yeah, I've always kinda wanted to live downtown. Rent's just, well, you know. Must be nice."

Raven laughed aloud. "I don't think you and I are talking about the same downtown. I'm not talking about the suburbs. I live an apartment the size of a closet." She spread her arms a ways. "About that big. Barely big enough for Requiem, Aria, and myself. Which is why I can't keep you." she directed down to the Larvitar, who was smiling goofily up at her. She looked back up to Justin, and shrugged.

"He's deaf. Can't hear a word I'm saying." she murmured quietly, as though it would matter.

Justin looked up as he thought. "Well, I guess, yeah," he didn't want to argue with her. He figured she probably lived near downtown, where the rent was a little more reasonable but the location was a little more dangerous, since downtown apartments cost a damn fortune.

"Hold up," he stopped the group, "You hear that?" It was the sound of growling and when Justin took a few steps forward, he noticed the path was brighter up ahead. "There's something going on up there,"

Raven didn't respond, simply moved forward, placing one hand on Tag's shoulder and one on Justin's, pushing herself upwards so she could get a better look. At her heels, she heard an odd sniffing and huffing, and the Larvitar took a few steps backward. A group of about...4 or 5 more Larvitar, each with glaring red eyes, were looking at the group. Needless to say, none of them looked too happyto see the group, and none of them looked like they wanted a big hug, like the pacing Larvitar at Raven's feet. "Uh-oh." she said calmly, removing herself from the two men's shoulders. "They don't look happy. Not at all."

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 3 2011, 07:05 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

It seemed rather odd to Tag that Raven and Justin had chosen...well...Tag as their first topic of conversation. This was mostly because not only was he within earshot, he was also within arm's reach. In fact, he couldn't even tune out anything of what they said, because Justin was talking over both of their shoulders to Raven.

Unfortunately, Tag had no idea what a biddy was, so he wasn't sure if he was being complimented or being lightly mocked. Either way, he was a bit uncomfortable with the two talking about him.

"I don't understand your question, and I refuse to answer it." He shot what could only be described as a friendly glare over at Raven, turning it to Justin. Luckily, Justin changed the topic to Aria, who was by far a more interesting creature to talk about.

Oh how the two did prattle on! They spoke almost as if they were old friends, even going so far as to pontificate on the fallibility of human conscience! Tag almost imagined that he was sitting in a quad in some university, playing guitar shirtless while Justin and Raven prattled on with flower wreaths in their hair, and Nate served them lemonade mixed with vodka. That image was almost racist. Nate sat beside them, quietly puffing from a marijuana cigarette. There. More appropriate. Almost.

He used the opportunity to allow himself to daydream, someone hypnotized by the monotony of walking through a cave. The daydreaming allowed him to completely remove himself from the constant chatter of the two. It also allowed him to completely miss the fact that they were about to run into some trouble.

"They don't look happy. Not at all."

Tag, somewhat snapped from his reverie, stepped into battle-mode in an instant. Within a second of being faced with a group of Larvitar, Tag pulled out a pokeball and dropped it on the ground in front of him.

"Kyoko" The flash of the pokeball was quite bright in the fairly dim cave. Once it faded, it revealed stinky, drooling Kyoko, who still appeared to be a bit pouty from earlier. "Let's go, Sleep Powder." Taking a glance over at the four or five unhappy Larvitar, she allowed her sulkiness to fade as she launched into her attack. Shaking her entire body, she puffed out a cloud of pink spores from the top of her head, floating over towards the Larvitar. Much to Tag's chagrin, not all of them fell to the attack. In fact, only two of the group succumbed to the sleep.

Incensed at being attacked in what was more than likely their home, the remaining three charged forward, delivering a triple tackle to the Rafflesia pokemon. She cried out in pain as the three rock pokemon slammed into her, tossing her back towards her trainer, who caught her with a bit of a grunt. She waved her little stubby arms and feet about cutely, wriggling in Tag's grasp.

"It appears I've made them madder."

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 3 2011, 07:54 PM
Post #14

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

"You could say that, yeah." Raven said, brow furrowed, and her stance falling into one of defense and battle posture.

Raven took no time to pull off the first poke'mon at her waist, which contained Requiem. As she called him forth, Nate and Justin would get their first glimpses of the scarred Totodile. Tag would know what she was doing when Raven made the quick series of snaps and claps, and the jet of water came forth from the Totodile's mouth, hitting a Larvitar square in the mouth, knocking it flat on it's back. The remaining Larvitar, looking at it's fallen compatriots, was fuming, and as it prepared to run straight at the angry-looking Requiem, Raven saw a green blur running towards Requiem.

The Larvitar, her Larvitar, waving it's stumpy little arms, ran forward, as though trying to communicate with the other one. As it garbled on in whatever language it was speaking, Raven quickly and quietly moved Requiem into a position where the last enemy Larvitar could be taken out. The enemy Larvitar appeared to understand what Raven's was saying, but on an attempt to communicate back, Raven's Larvitar simply shrugged, tapping the ground furiously. Amazingly, the enemy Larvitar began tapping back, and neither of them were growling or chirping anymore...simply tapping. Raven watched, astonished at the transaction, and despite herself, she began plotting different taps and commands to teach the blue-eyed lizard.

"No! I can't keep him!" she murmured aloud to herself, looking at Tag, Justin and Nate with quickly darting pupils. "Sorry. Thinking aloud." she mumbled, still watching the two Larvitar communicate. It was quite fascinating, but it was only so to Raven. Requiem had finally noticed Justin, Nate and Tag's presence, and was staring at them all, his eerie white eye not having a definitive point to look upon, so it kind of looked like he was staring everywhere at once. However, as his other eye darted between the men, the red, chipped spines on his back bristled, and a low growl sounded, his scaly lips curling back and showing shiny white teeth. He wasn't growling so much at Tag, he knew who Tag was. He was defending Raven from this new large man and his scared looking friend.

Raven looked down in time to see the slaver dripping from Requiem's large mouth, and she knelt by him, scratching his scaly hide. "Easy, love. It's alright. Be good now, and you can eat them later." she said idly, not even diverting her eyes from the two conversing Larvitar to nuzzle a scarred scale on the 'dile's head. The growl subsided, but his evil looking eye(s) remained locked on Justin and Nate.

As she rose to her feet, Raven turned to Justin, only looking him in the eye for a moment. "I was just kidding about the whole eating thing. You knew that though, right? Right. Good." she said hurriedly, turning around to find her own Larvitar plodding back over to her, tugging her pant leg excitedly. The normal, enemy Larvitar watched it as Raven's went back to her, and Raven watched confusedly as hers flailed it's arms, pointing further down the corridor and crying "TAR! TAR! TAR" so loudly, that Raven winced and patted the little lizard's head like it was a snooze button. "If I were to name you, I'd call you Forte." she groaned, digging a finger in her ear on a search for a bleeding eardrum.

"Guys, I think he wants us to follow him." Raven called to Tag and Co., but as she finished her speech, both her Larvitar and the foe Larvitar sprinted into the darkness. "Damn it." she whispered, and she trotted after the two, leaving Tag, Justin and Nate behind.

As she disappeared into the darkness, all was silent...for a moment. Her scream split the silence of the cave in two, and she stood trembling, hands clasped over her mouth, at the entrance to a giant cavern. It was obvious what had made the large cavern...and it was laying right in front of her. A massive Tyranitar was laying there, and while Raven's Larvitar was standing beside her leg, the foe Larvitar was nosing and prodding at the still body of it's larger evolution. "My God..." Raven whispered, tears leaking out of her eyes. "They killed it. They killed it." she whispered over and over, and finally turned away from the cavern and back into the corridor, her hands still over her mouth.

Tyranitar were extremely rare, and the first one she saw was lying, motionless in front of her. Requiem stared blankly at the large creature, and then started pulling on Raven's other pant leg gently, trying to get picked up.

When Tag finally showed up, she merely looked at him and walked into his chest, burying her face in his shirt. She didn't care if he hugged or consoled her, she just needed to be close to someone...a human...that was alive.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 3 2011, 09:17 PM
Post #15

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Justin stood back and watched as Kyoko, Requiem and Larvitar took care of the enemy larvitar, noticing all the while that Kyoko had evolved from the timid little oddish she once was. His hand was actively resting on Hitmontop's pokeball, however, as it tended to do during times of tension. It all seemed to work out without his buddy this time, which was good news, especially since it seemed the friend and foe larvitar had ceased aggression and were somehow communicating. When they darted off, Raven followed intently as if the young pokemon was her own. It was cute that she kept trying to convince herself she wasn't about to adopt it.

The other three followed with somewhat less speed, and when they arrived were bombarded with too many things at once. First and foremost, likely at least, on everyone's mind, was the tyranitar lying motionless in the large opening of the cave. Then when Raven cried into Tag's arms, his suspicions of them being totes into each other were confirmed. Then, when this all settled, one thing seemed to ring very loudly in Justin's underworked mind.

"I get the feeling we're out of our league," he said, turning to his partner on his right. "Either these guys are packing some really strong pokemon, or have guns."

"I don't care," Nate crossed his arms, "I'm not leaving Da Bomb,"

"Nate, they're gonna kill us," Justin shook his head, not taking his eyes off the motionless tyranitar. "Look what they did to this thing, dude. You think they're gonna show us more mercy?"

"I don't plan on ever being at their mercy, Justin," Nate said, angrily. "Our pokemon are good. We can take them,"

"I am not putting Hitmontop between me and armed men," Justin shook his head. "If they have guns, I'm bailing. And if they used pokemon? That means their pokemon are really strong, and ours are not. Hitmontop could not take this thing on." The truth of it was, Hitmontop probably could, but only due to a very clear type advantage. He resisted both rock and dark, and his fighting attacks did quadruple effective damage to Tyranitar. Justin, though, was relatively unaware of all this information, but knew enough to know that pupitars don't evolve unless they are very strong.

"Fine," Nate yelled. "Well I'm going. Have fun on your way out."

"Nate, they'll kill you!" Justin yelled.

"Who'll care?" Nate asked. "Will you?"

"Of course I will, I'm your partner."

"Are you my friend?"

"Yes!"

"I'm not an idiot, Justin," Nate was already walking towards the other end of the open part of the cave to another tunnel. "Your hints aren't as subtle as you think. You don't care about me, and you definitely don't care about my pokemon. You don't give a shit about anything but money."

"Nate!"

"We're criminals!" Nate yelled, directed towards Raven and Tag, "Just thought you guys should know. Members of Team Deception." As he turned towards the tunnel, he stopped himself. "Oh, and Justin quit working in construction a while ago. He's a professional criminal now. Have fun with that." And with that, Nate turned towards the tunnel and walked out, fully prepared to never be seen again.

Justin watched his partner walk into the dark and narrow tunnel, but did not chase him. He stood awkwardly for a moment, then turned his head from the tunnel, to the tyranitar, then finally to Tag and Raven.

This post has been edited by Yzarc Drowsnam: Jan 5 2011, 12:50 PM

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 4 2011, 02:55 AM
Post #16

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

Tag paid no attention to Kyoko's stench as he watched Requiem enter the fray. Raven's signature battle style went full into effect. Naturally, it left the opponent no time to react, and thus an enemy Larvitar was floored immediately.

However...it turned out that Raven's Larvitar could communicate with the Larvitar swarm...brood...pride...whatever the proper collective noun was. As a result, the larvitar began communicating in a series of taps on the ground, that the deaf Larvitar obviously had no problem understanding. Pokemon were indeed marvelous and intelligent creatures. (Usually).

As Requiem turned his attention to the boys of the group, Tag almost subconsciously began to move away from Justin and Nate, but then in a sign of utmost reassurance, he stepped in between them and the angry Requiem, hugging his Gloom to him tightly. "Hello again, Requiem. I'm pleased to see you're well...and as vicious as ever."

Tag did not succeed in calming the ferocious Totodile, but Raven's gentle hand seemed to do the trick.

Raven then burst off down the hallway, following the Larvitar. Tag was unsure of what to do with the unconscious and asleep Larvitar in the hallway, but decided they would be fine for now; no one else was coming from the direction they came in, and the enemy was fleeing the opposite direction.

Tag burst into something of a jog to keep up in Raven's pace, but she was a bit more determined than him to charge forward into the great unknown of the cave. He feared the worst as he heard her shattering scream pierce his ears, and he clung even tighter to the pokemon in his arms.

The first thing he saw was Raven throwing herself towards him. With a shrill cry, Kyoko extracted herself from Tag's grasp and hopped up onto his head, fumbling around and clinging to the back of it, where she peeked out cautiously.

There was a moment of intense awkwardness as a crying Raven planted her face directly into his chest. He could feel moisture pooling up on his tank top, blinking as he felt it mat up the hair on his chest. Gingerly, and almost awkwardly, he placed his arms around her and patted her back.

Then he saw why she was crying.

Now, obviously, different reactions stir up in different people. While Raven cried, and Justin started weaseling, Tag simply got angry. He wasn't exactly quite sure as to why; anger is a fairly irrational emotion, but the sight of the Tyranitar dead on the ground made his blood boil.

"You're kidding right?" Tag turned to Justin, balling his fists up. "Hitmontop would be our best bet against a Tyranitar."

This comment was evidently lost, because Nate and Justin were arguing like a married couple.

"We're criminals!" Nate yelled as he moved to the other end of the tunnel. "Just thought you guys should know. Members of Team Deception." Then he spilled the beans on Justin quitting construction.

Tag slowly let go of Raven and turned to Justin. All of his anger seemed to have subsided, disappearing from his eerily calm face. However, when he spoke, his voice hissed with barely controlled rage.

"You bastard." He spat at the ground at Justin's feet. Without explaining himself further, he turned and headed after Nate. This seemed like an odd move, but really, it seemed perfectly justifiable to Tag. He was going to call Nate a bitch, and mess up some criminals who were more professional than Justin and Nate to avenge the Tyranitar, and to rescue Da Bomb. Why he was still deadset on rescuing Nate's Numel, he really wasn't quite sure. What he did know was that he'd probably end up taking Nate down too.

He wasn't sure if Raven was following him, or remaining in the cave with Justin, but a more rational part of his brain hoped that she was following him.

He caught up with Nate, slowing his pace to walk alongside him, pointing his flashlight forward, with Kyoko still clinging to the back of his head like some odd backpack. As Tag walked, she seemed to be spitting her acid drool at the ground behind him, leaving a sort of trail. Tag hadn't commanded it, but it seemed that at least Kyoko, who was quite fond of both Justin and Raven, wanted them to follow.

"So...let's get your pokemon back. I said I'd help."

Now that the brief flash of anger subsided, he wondered why he was still holding on to the notion that he'd promised to help Nate rescue Da Bomb.

"You are only as good as your word." he heard some faraway voice in the back of his mind say. That was probably it after all. "Let's get back Da Bomb." Tag wasn't sure exactly as to what Team Deception was, after all. Team Rocket he'd heard of. Team Galactic, sure. Team Deception? It sounded like a bunch of street magicians. If Nate was a criminal, he was probably just a pick pocket, and the people he was going after were higher ups in the organization, therefore, following Nate would allow Tag a bigger blow at yet another contraband ring.

This was his logic. It seemed sound, right? Hopefully Raven was following behind to help. Tactically speaking, he was hoping Justin would follow too.

This however, would prove to be a problem. No one in the group had actually taken the time to see if the Tyranitar was dead, unconscious, or asleep. Perhaps it had been the shock of seeing such a large creature grounded in such a way. After all, such a sight is pretty intimidating. Add Raven's tears and Tag's boiling temper, it had gone unchecked.

Thus, it began to stir, standing slowly before noticing Justin and Raven. The fearsome creature rose to its ful height, glaring angrily down at Justin and Raven. With a single step forward, it seemed poised to attack. If either Raven or Justin made a move, its sand stream would whip up a sandstorm in the confines of the cave, leading to a very difficult battle.

This post has been edited by Kamaitachi: Jan 4 2011, 03:16 AM

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 5 2011, 12:15 PM
Post #17

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

Wiping her eyes, she cleared her throat roughly to compose herself. It was at this point, she felt Tag's hand patting her back, and she pulled away. She looked up at him awkwardly, muttered a stopped-up "Sorry..." and then proceeded to listen to the argument, which didn't end very well, and involved Nate delivering the information that Justin was no longer in construction, and was in fact a criminal.

Tag didn't take the news very well. In fact, he spat at Justin's feet and walked off, following Nate. Now, she was left alone with Justin, but she knew where she was going to go when she knew there were 5 Tyranitar slaying men in the cave. And that was with Tag. But before she followed him, she turned to Justin, smirking. "I told you." she said. But her voice wasn't cocky, if anything, it was sad. She had truly wanted to help him, he and Nate...but her one rule, for anyone, anywhere, was to be truthful with her, in any circumstance. She had warned him.

She turned away from him, and began to follow Tag's footprints, trying to stay as far away from the slain Tyranitar as possible, having never had an affinity for dead things. Corpses were one of her phobias, actually...she was always afraid that they would move, or blink, or jump up and yell "Surprise!". A small, dotted trail at her feet made her smile; by it's acrid smell, it could only be Kyoko, trying to lead her to follow. How nice.

Requiem and the Larvitar stayed close beside her, and both seemed very jittery. "Come on, guys...it's fine. It's dead." she murmured, looking over to the motionless monster. As if on cue, as soon as she said it, it's eyes opened. As she watched it's pupils narrow, her breath caught in her throat. Unable to even scream, she stayed locked in it's death gaze, her worst fears having come to fruition. It was only after the creature took a deep breath, and exhaled a cloud of sand right toward her, that she knelt and picked up Requiem and the Larvitar, and skittered away, following the trail of acid to the exit she assumed Tag had taken.

Seeing Tag made her very happy, so happy in fact, that she ran past him, squeaking a word that sounded like "Alive!", her face blanched of all color and emotion, save terror. She slowly stopped running, and stood still where she had stopped. Her heart felt like it was about to thump out of her chest. As her mind cleared slightly of fear, she realized that Tag, Nate, and Justin were still back there, and Requiem could be a great aid, if they needed to fight. She turned about, and trotted back to Tag and Nate, who were now watching the great creature lumber to it's feet, growling and groaning as it did so. Requiem and the Larvitar's eyes matched her own: half awe, and half fear. "Why couldn't we have come across a sleeping Blissey...?" she asked shakily, showing that despite her fear, her wit and logic were still intact.

Why did the damn thing have to look at her?

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

Yzarc Drowsnam
post Jan 6 2011, 12:37 AM
Post #18

Omar comin'
Group Icon

PANE

Sighing, Justin watched Tag leave after Nate, and then Raven. He crossed his arms and ran his fingers through his hair. He rubbed the back of his neck awkwardly while staring at the ground, trying to think of what he was going to say to undo what Nate did. Nothing came to mind, though. The worst part was that Nate was right. Justin didn't care about anyone but himself. He didn't feel bad about lying to Tag and Raven until they found out. He didn't feel bad because, while he cared what they thought of him, he did not care about lying to them. Terrible.

He sighed again, but before taking his first step towards the tunnel where Tag, Nate, Raven and some pokemon went, he saw the rock beast in front of him move what the tyranitar probably considered a tiny amount, but it was pretty substantial to a tiny human. His hand jerked to Hitmontop's pokeball, but when the thing stood up, fighting was the very last thing on his mind. Running, oddly enough, was not the first. As the beast looked down the tunnel and blew sand into it, Justin felt concern for the others, who were all likely at least somewhat blinded by the sandstorm.

All the noise was coming from inside the tunnel, so much so that Tyranitar hadn't even noticed Justin standing right next to it. He backed away slowly and quietly, and finally pulled out Hitmontop's pokeball, but did not summon him quite yet. Not until, at least, the beast charged through the tunnel. Then Hitmontop popped right out. "Alright, bud, we gotta redeem my stupid ass,"

It felt weird, for sure, chasing down a raging tyranitar in a cave.

On the opposite side of the beast's charge, Nate had the most brilliant idea of all. "Run!!!!!" When he turned to run, both Tag and Raven were behind him, so he made an awkward bump, but was entirely unapologetic. "Let's go! Go go go!"

--------------------

Justin Smart Profile
Current Level Post
Wiki
[align=right]

Nate Guzman (Partner)
Wiki[/spoiler]
[/align]

Jill Laurent Profile
Current Levels Post
Abraham West Profile
Progress Tracking
+Quote Post

Kamaitachi
post Jan 6 2011, 12:59 AM
Post #19

Group Icon

Taggarty Lee

It was sort of a see-saw effect. Tag was initially distrusting of Justin, and was right to do so. He had been deceived. That sort of thing made some amount of sense, since Justin was evidently with Team Deception. However, the next time around, he had partnered up with Justin out of necessity, and it turned out the kid wasn't so bad. His pokemon seemed quite fond of Justin, enough that Tag would entrust them with the kid in a time of duress.

However, once again, he had been somewhat deceived. Justin had basically filled them in on the situation, tactically omitting one choice bit: He was a criminal too. Well, so was Nate, but for the record, Nate have never actually stated otherwise. These trivialities had allowed Tag to follow Nate, rather than hang around with Justin.

His thoughts turned to Raven, wondering if she was following, and as if on cue, the tattooed girl bolted past him. As he turned to watch her skitter by, he felt some sharp stinging at his back. Like a ninepin, he fell head over heel for a moment, caught completely off guard. A focused sand stream had thrown him clear off of his feet, and sliced the leather jacket on his back almost to shreds. Luckily he'd been wearing it, or else he'd have some severe lacerations on his back from the jets of sand.

"Balls." Tag muttered as Nate screamed the most intelligent idea he'd heard all day. For a moment he hesitated, bringing his hands to his pokeballs...but to face an oncoming, upset Tyranitar was suicide. So Tag, slightly disgraced at the thought, ran with Nate and Raven.

On his back, Kyoko puffed up a Sleep Powder, but due to Tyranitar's Sand Stream and its charge, it simply ran through it. A sweet scent likewise had no avail, and a Stun Spore was equally useless. Resigning herself to artillery work, she began firing off Acid blasts like a rear-gunner. They had little effect on the large, charging creature, but she boldly continued firing from her perch on Tag's shoulder. There had to be something they could do about the sand...and Tag came up with a quick solution:

"Kyoko! Worry Seed!" With surprising accuracy, Kyoko fired off what was soon to become her signature move. The seed scored a hit right between the Tyranitar's eyes, causing a small white flower to bloom. As the Tyranitar's ability changed from Sand Stream to Insomnia, the sand stopped pouring out of its pores. This, of course, did nothing to hinder the sand already out there in the whipped up sandstorm, but at least no more was flowing out.

Tag watched the fairly unchanging scenery of the cave before him, until he spotted some rocks crumble in the distance, revealing another tunnel.

"THERE!" He bellowed, pointing towards the little off-ramp of a tunnel. He charted his course and burst forward with all of his leg strength. Tag found himself issuing something like a battle cry as he threw himself headlong into the little tributary cave. He tumbled unceremoniously, Kyoko abandoning ship and rolling along side him. Hopefully, Nate and Raven followed suit.

This post has been edited by Kamaitachi: Jan 6 2011, 02:11 AM

--------------------

Pane (click to show)

Uprising (click to show)
+Quote Post

Tymid
post Jan 6 2011, 11:49 PM
Post #20

Nachtales
Group Icon

The Pack

Raven certainly was getting her cardio today. The sand stung her face, making her wince, but thankfully, it stopped, thanks to a certain smelly poke'mon's Worry Seed. The angered roaring of the beast behind her spurned her sprinting little feet, and even though there was sand in her eyes, she bolted forward.

"THERE!" Tag had cried, and Raven was due to follow...but then, a cry hit her ears. She had been making sure Requiem was at her side, not having the time to do a recall while running. She was not that talented. However, Requiem had stopped, and was screaming and hollering and protesting for all that he was worth, pointing towards the Tyranitar. The massive creature was confused, throwing itself against rocks...and apparently, the vibrations it was sending to her Larvitar companions was unsettling. In the distance, she could see her Larvitar waddling towards the creature, waving it's stumpy arms frantically, balking out random sounds. Raven could swear that they sounded like "Stop", but that was impossible.

Pulling her poke'ball from her waist, she recalled Requiem while there was a moment of silence, and she whipped her head around to see Tag's retreating, torn back, and then she looked towards the Larvitar, waddling towards it's doom.

She knew what she had to do.

As small rocks fell around her with every thundering slam of the Tyranitar's body, Raven turned away from the smaller tunnel that Tag and Nate had darted into, and sprinted towards the Larvitar. Her cries were in vain; it couldn't hear her. She cast fear aside for a moment, an illogical desire to help the little creature driving her adrenaline in a very foolish fashion. As she reached the Larvitar, swooping down upon him and hugging him tightly, the very earth beneath her feet seemed like it was about to give way to the netherworld. She held the Larvitar close to her, and as though it knew what she was trying to convey, it buried it's nose into her jacket and whimpered.

Then, the shaking stopped.

Raven, kneeling and holding the Larvitar close, could hear everything. She could hear the sound of her heartbeat, her own breath sounded deafening, but what was probably most terrifying was the fact that a deep, slow sniffing could be heard. The large Tyranitar was seemingly trying to scent if it's quarry was still in reach. Raven didn't move, and hardly breathed, as she witnessed the Tyranitar slowly bending down to look into the tunnel. As it's reptilian eyes met hers, they shared a moment of observation. But Raven knew, that as the Tyranitar inhaled a snarling, deep breath, and rose to it's full height, that things were about to get bad. Really bad.

As the Tyranitar roared, Raven screamed, rising to her feet and sprinting towards where the tunnel that Tag had gone into had been. As she saw it in the distance, a thundering slam knocked her off of her feet, and she turned so that she landed on her side, and not directly upon the Larvitar. The Tyranitar had just successfully used Giga Impact against the tunnel wall, sending a shockwave that rendered Raven almost immediately unconscious. As her vision swam, and slowly faded to black, she saw that a tummult of rocks had fallen in front of the tunnel, sealing it shut.

The Larvitar danced helplessly around her limp body, attempting to tug her along, to get her somewhere safe. Bigger rocks were falling. Raven was no longer in control.

It would take a miracle to save her.

--------------------
[align=center]~><~
[align=center][/spoiler]
The Insanity.

Raven, my OC Trainer

Tymid the Nachtales

[/align]

Raven Amaranth
Current Levels

Raine Vega
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 09:35 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.