Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V  < 1 2  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Big Day, Harrington Cup, Part Two
Emp
post Aug 15 2008, 06:49 AM
Post #21

Elite Four
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

"Welcome back Ladies and Gentlemen! The weather is sunny here in Petropolis as we are about to begin the third battle of today!" The Announcer proclaimed, "On Silver Side- we have Charlie Cindeeeeerrrrr! On Gold Side- Jeremy Fisheeeeerrrrr!!!”

Charlie scoped around the stadium as she noticed thousands of people queuing up to get to their seats. She saw Jeremy at the other end; he gave a smile and winked.

‘That guy creeps me out so much!’

A woman in a business suit with thick framed glasses scurried over to Jeremy. Handing him a headset she whispered in his ear and handed him a few cards. Jeremy grinned before putting on his headset.

“You people ‘best not get too comfortable in your seats”, he smirked, “This battles gunna’ be over in a couple of minutes”. Charlie steamed at the very words that came from his mouth. The reporter took the cards back from him and scuttled over to Charlie.

“You’re not gunna’ take that are you?” The reporter said in a sympathetic tone. She handed her a headset along with some cards. Grinning, she gave Charlie a signal to read one of the cards. ‘This stuff is stupid’. She ripped up the cards and began to speak.

“Ahem... Hey pretty boy! I hope you battle better than you talk trash!” She yelled to the headset. The reporter and Jeremy both gave her a look of disbelief.

“Ok... Anyways... The battlers will be playing on the Glacier Stadium today” Suddenly, a frosty chill fell in the air – the jagged terrain of ice emerged from the center of the stadium. Below the thick layer of ice were meters of arctic water, not a favourable match up for Charlie’s Pokémon.

“Now the Stadium is set. Pick the 3 Pokémon you will be battling with today!” Charlie’s nerves where showing, hew fire types would have a hard time in the icy stadium. She reluctantly placed her 3 Pokéballs on the Pedestal.

“Ha. You’re nerves are showing Charlie!” Jeremy sniggered.

“Jet, Come on out!” She shouted, ignoring Jeremy’s snide remark. Starly emerged from its Pokéball and started fluttering its wings to stay clear of the frost. Jeremy stared at himself through the reflection of his Pokéball for a few seconds, “I am a stunner aren’t I?”

“Shut up and choose you’re Pokémon!”

“Of course, sorry. Frosslass freeze that bird down to size!” He shouted. The elegant Pokémon emerged from it’s seal coated Pokeball with a bang of confetti.

“Now show me you’re moves!” Jeremy ordered.

To be continued...

This post has been edited by empoleon dynamite: Aug 15 2008, 06:50 AM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Adokai
post Aug 15 2008, 09:08 AM
Post #22

Level ?? Elite Boss
Group Icon

Member No.: 77

Active Squad

Erisashi really wished this battle would end already. His nerves were getting worse - it's not every day that a trainer experiences his (or her) first battle at a Colosseum-esque event. He scratched Riolu behind the ears, eyes still glued to the television, young pokemon curled in his lap. He had considered letting his Torchic and Turtwig back out of thier current pokeballs, but decided against it.

"C'mon, geeze..." He mumbled, flopping back against the back of the chair he was sitting on. The blue pokemon on his lap yawned, looking bored. He scratched Riolu behind the ears again, giving his partner a rueful smile.

--------------------
I have claimed Kyogre. >=3

Click the eggs please~
+Quote Post

Emp
post Aug 15 2008, 10:44 AM
Post #23

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 1 348

Active Squad

“Now show me you’re moves!” Jeremy ordered.

“Starly give Frosslass a barrage of Wing Attacks!” Charlie replied.
“Frosslass, dodge it’s attacks and counter with Ice Beam”, Jeremy returned with confidence.

Starly swooped down with its wings ready – However, the graceful ghost dodge its several attempts to hit. “Now-“, just as Starly lunged towards Frosslass for another go, he was welcomed by a blue bolt-beam that successfully froze the bird. Starly lay helplessly in a solid block of ice.

“Starly, return” Charlie frowned. She could see the battle was gunna’ be over quickly if she didn’t think fast. She tossed her second ball in the air – revealing Houndour.

“Frosslass was too cool for Starly, Charlie has made a tactical substitution by sending Houndour into the game!”

“Ok Demon, the odds are in our favour. Use Ember, keep pushing Frosslass back!”
“Show that mutt what you’ve got with Ice Shard!” Jeremy returned.

Frosslass was fast to command and sent several spears towards Houndour. Fortunately, Houndour returned the Ice Shards with small spits of fire. Houndour managed to block most of the spears, however one broke through and hacked Houndour’s front leg. The spits of fire continued towards Frosslass - knocking the snow Pokémon out.

“Looks like Frosslass couldn’t handle the heat! Houndour triumphs this round”, the announcer said.

“Too easy”, Charlie smirked.
“Oh yeah!” He replied in a rage. He recalled his Pokémon and threw a new ball in the air, “Let’s see how you fend against Electrike!” Out of the ball emerged the lightning Pokémon and numerous thunder seals.

“Electrike use Thunder Wave!”
“Demon, dodge it and use Tackle!”

Electrike darted forward and sent a yellow spark towards Houndour. Houndour quickly ran up one of the ice mounts, dodging it completely. She then ran towards Electrike – Electrike jumped onto another ice mount – also dodging the attack

“Looks like our Pokémon are pretty equal”, Jeremy remarked, “Let’s finish things boy with quick attack!”
“Use Flamethrower on the Ice bellow Electrike!” She replied with confidence.

Suddenly Electrike dashed towards houndour. Houndour jumped in the air and shot a scarlet ball to the icy floor. The ball quickly melted a hole in the ice – Electrike fell straight in it. The poor dog yelped in the freezing cold water, falling unconscious.

“Electrike isn’t a strong swimmer?” The announcer said in a sarcastic tone, “It’s 3-1 to Charlie at the moment, let’s see what tricks Jeremy has up his sleeve”

“You think this is over?” He yelled to Charlie, “Things haven’t even begun! Milotic I choose you!” Out of the ball emerged an elegant water snake.

“Quick Demon! Ember!”
“Milotic dive”

Charlie was shocked as Milotic dived through the hole made earlier by her hound. Hounodour span around like it was chasing its tail, searching for the Milotic in the lake. Suddenly, a few cracks emerged on the layer of ice – Milotic soared out of the Ice tackling Houndour. The pooch was out.

“Houndour took quite a soaking from that Dive. Lets hope Charlie has something to counter it”

“Demon return!” She said, “You did well”. Charlie looked towards Jeremy who had a smile bigger than an Aipom.
‘It’s not over by a long shot! Ill show that Jerk!’

“Starly! I choose you!” She yelled as Starly flew back into the game, “Wait until he leaves the water, then attack with Aerial Ace!”
“Milotic use Water Pulse!”

Starly hastily flapped its wings as it waited for the Sea Serpent to surface. Suddenly Starly noticed it’s head materialise and swooped down to attack. Milotic shrugged off the Aerial Ace and used Water Pulse for a direct hit. Starly dropped to the ground instantly.

“Starly is out! This makes the battle 1-1 at the moment. Even I don’t know what’s gunna’ happen”

“Starly return”, she said weakly, “Looks like it’s up to you Typhu...”
Jeremy laughed at the sight of the rat, “a Cyndaquil!? This is gunna’ be the quickest win in history!”
Charlie was boiling at Jeremy’s comments, “I wouldn’t be too sure! Typhu use Swift!”
“Milotic, Dive!”

Milotic dived back into the water, completely avoiding the attack. The serpent seemed to be acting a lot more aggressive, breaking away at the Ice so Cyndaquil couldn’t dodge. Cyndaquil curled up in fear on the small Island of Ice he was perched on.

“Snap out of it Typhu”, she cried to the little fire mouse, “Look for him in the water and use Rollout when he comes out”
“Jump out now and use Water Pulse Milotic! Make sure he gets in the water!” Jeremy yelled as he laughed manically.

Cyndaquil got up and looked around for the Milotic. The water snake swam loops around the block of ice before it jumped out. The small fire mouse seized its chance and gyrated above Milotic before tackling it – however it was welcomed by a Water Pulse. Franticly grabbing onto the chunk of ice, it didn’t have time to dodge any attacks.

“You’re little rat is out of time!” Jeremy shouted whilst laughing. His words cut off by what sounded like a gas stove igniting. Cyndaquil’s Blaze had activated.

“Perfect! Use Flame wheel!” She commanded.

Cyndaquil engulfed itself in flames and span straight into Milotic, dealing a heavy blow. A sizzling noise filled the stadium as water was quickly evaporated from Cyndaquils flames. The Sea Serpent’s scold marks were a clear sign of its rage – it spat several Water Pulses at Cyndaquil – causing mist to cloud the Arena.

“No!” Charlie cried.
“Ha!” Jeremy replied, “Not so tou-“
“Lava! Quil!”

Everyone in the audience was shocked, “Looks like we have a third evolution today!” The announcer said, “Cyndaquil is now a Quilava!” No sooner had he finished speaking Quilava tackled Milotic with another Flame Wheel. Milotic dived back into the water. Quilava was too late - He fell straight into the icy water - Knocked unconcious.

“That’s it folks! Quilava is unable to battle! Jeremy is the winner!”

Charlie ran over to the edge of the arena and recalled her Pokemon, "You did well..."

"Which is more than I can say for you!" Jeremy replied to Charlie, "You were pathetic! I told ya' girls shouldn't battle"

Charlie looked at him - her lips trembling - she couldn't hold it in anymore. She bursted into tears and ran towards the nearest exit. This was defonitly a blow to Charlies confidence, she never wanted to battle again.

This post has been edited by empoleon dynamite: Aug 16 2008, 09:02 AM

--------------------
[align=center][/align]
+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 15 2008, 09:29 PM
Post #24

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 282

Active Squad

Matt, who had been taking in the scene, was surprised when his PokeGear reacted once more. Somebody was calling him! Matt quickly punched Accept, and uncertainly held the PokeGear up to his ear. He couldn't remember how to hold the watch. Man, I've been away for a while.

"'Matthew!!" came an unmistakable voice out of the PokeGear. It was far too loud, and Matt moved his arm down quickly. How did she get my number so fast? "Where have you been? Why did you go?" Matt sighed. He'd heard his father tinkering behind her, and assumed that she was putting on a show. He heard footsteps, as Patrice Fletcher continued to berate him. He then heard a *click*, and Patrice stopped her yells.

"Alright, I'm in my room. How've you been, 'Hew?" said Patrice, using Matt's childhood nickname. "Javier says he hasn't heard from you for a month! How's Furoh?" Matt rolled his eyes, but grinned. He knew how much Patrice loved to hear about Furoh.

"It's amazing," he said. "I'm in a tournament, now, in a place called Petropolis. Have you heard of it? It's the Harrington Cup! I think Javier's watching it now." He heard a sigh on the other end. "What is it, Trish?" asked the trainer, though he knew the answer.

"You know what. I hate it here! Dad won't stop nagging me to sell PokeGears on the road, and there's a 5 year gap between me and the other trainers! Why didn't you bring me along?" It was a well-rehearsed script, which popped up in every medium the siblings communicated through.

"You know why. You were 13 at the time, and I couldn't be responsible for me and you on a trip across three continents. Besides, it hasn't always been roses for me, here." The girl sighed, again.

"One of these days, 'Hew. You'll wake up in a tree and find me next to you, wearing your hat."

"Sure, sis. Go watch the Cup. Your big bro's gonna win it all!" An audible click, and the transmission ended. Matt looked at his PokeGear wistfully. Sometimes he wished his sister was here. She and Javier were the boulders of the family, the foundation. But Matt also knew that without those two, his fat- Fabio would go bat-freaking-insane. He glanced up. Gatsby was standing next to him.

"Ready when you are, Matt," he said.

"Alright," responded the man, "let's go." The two walked out of the marble coliseum, both trainers fiddling with their PokeGears. Matt eventually powered his watch off, and glanced at Gatsby.

"So, Gatsby. What was being a Pokemon Ranger like? Sounds positively enthralling!"

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 15 2008, 09:49 PM
Post #25

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 413

Active Squad

John followed Matthew out of the coliseum and down a flight of stairs leading up to it. He had overheard the conversation of Matthew and his sister, which kept the smile on his face. Things were looking good in ol' Gatsby's life for once. A girl gave him her number, he had a good friend, and he had one his match in the first round of the cup. Then, Matthew decided to bring up something from John's past.

"Well Matt... It's a lot of work to be a ranger. Always getting up early, getting all your gear ready, going out, rounding up Pokemon, feeding them, even bathing them. Your really a lot like a breeder, though you never really focus on any one Pokemon. It's your job to make sure that the well-being of the Pokemon habitat is good as a whole. If you really want a hard job, I'd still suggest doing something else first like scrubbing Wailord's or breeding Beedrills with a blindfold on."

John finally found a button on the Poke-gear that just had a clock displayed, and he left it at that. "So it was kind of a mixed thing when I got attacked by Team Rocket. They stole my dad's Pokemon, but it also gave me an excuse to quit being a Ranger... but that was the only plus."

"Once I get out of this competition, I think I'm going to go check in with my parents and properly leave this time. I also decided I'm going to give my parents Cue-Ball. Cue-ball needs a mother figure, and I'm no mother. Then after that, I think I'm going to explore the waters around Furoh. It's said that there are some islands out there yet to be discovered, and some with exotic Pokemon on them. I feel I should go investigate, and even discover some of these islands, and for all we know, there might be undiscovered Pokemon out there as well."

"How about you? What do you plan on doing after the tournament? If you've got nothing, I'd always appreciate at least one companion, but I'd like to get a lass to tag along as well, for reasons I think you understand." John said with a wink.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 16 2008, 12:02 AM
Post #26

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt was shocked. Never had anyone ever asked to be his companion. Well, there was Patrice, but that didn't count. First things first.

"It's no cuppa' tea being a Pokemon Breeder, either. Oh, didn't I say? I worked at the Pokemon Day Center just outside of Goldenrod. The stories I could tell you...Skitty and Wailord, for one...And I'm not sure what to do with Tiff. She's...just not suited for battles, or for me. Ah, well. And as for plans? Nothing. I've pretty much been wandering ever since I left home. I'd be-"

A sudden cheer drowned out Matt's words, as the two walked to a portable sandwich stand. "Ah, yes. I would like a mozzarella and red pepper panini, on foccacia bread, if you please!" The man in the little stand stared at Matt, his big eyes showing half of the words he heard were "hamburger" or "hotdog." Matt winced, inwardly. What a hypocrite you are! Matt leaned onto the counter, head in his hands.

"Just...gimme a cheese sandwich."

"Righ' away, sirrah!" said the man, sounding relieved.

Matt turned to Gatsby. "D'you want anything? My treat. I-" Matt paused, thinking of Gatsby's question of companionship. "I-...it's my treat," he repeated, lamely.

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 17 2008, 01:41 AM
Post #27

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John put his finger up to the sandwich man, to signal he'd have one of something, when it dawned upon him. "Did you say that you were a breeder? Why hasn't this been brought up before."Matt sighed, leaning on the counter. "You never asked. And, well, breeder isn't the word. I worked at the Day Care in Johto. But most trainers dump Pokemon they want to breed there."

"Well, I figure it would've come up by now. Anything else your hiding from me , hm?" John said raising one eye and smiling. More than you'd know, thought Matt. "Nope!" he said, unable to face John's eyes. He settled on fiddling with his PokeGear.

"Just bread for me mister." John was handed some sort of bun, and took a few smalls bites out of it. "No need to lie to me. If you don't wanna talk about it, just say so." John said in between bites. Matt couldn't think of what to say. "Thanks," he murmured. The man in the shop touched Matt's arm, handing him a sandwich wrapped in wax paper. He took a bite, glad of something to do.

"So uh... Matt, you never told me about my idea about checking out cool and new islands." John said, finishing the bun type thing.

"Cool and new islands..." he repeated. "I'll have to check my schedule." He mimed looking through an invisible notebook. "Let'see...I'm free for the next...year."

"I'm really no good at sarcasim Matt. Are you in or out... and do you know of any women who'd like to treck along with us? Haha" John said with a laugh.

He laughed. "I'm in. And I know a woman- she's just 3 continents away!"

"Wouldn't it be strange if me and your sister got close? Plus isn't she like five years younger than me?" John exclaimed.

"You really can't understand sarcasm, can you?" asked Matt, shaking his head. "She's 15, and I doubt she'd leave Johto."

"I don't know Matt, she sounded pretty eager to get over here. And fifteen is pushing my limit." John said with a wink.

"Let's get one little thing straight. You don't mess with my little sis. Do anything funny, and well...Bad things tend to happen," he said, suddenly stern.

"Understood mate, but I wouldn't go about making threats, friend. Unless that is, your ever ready to back up those words." The situation became uncomfortable. The sandwhich vendor took his cart and moved elsewhere, and tumbleweed blew past the two. "Go ahead punk... make my day..." John said through gritted teeth.

"You're probably wondering...did I fire 6 shots or 7? Well, in all the confusion, I sorta lost track myself. But being as I am a Fletcher, the most powerful family in Johto, and could have someone blow your head clean off, you've got to ask yourself one question: Do I feel lucky? Well, do ya, punk?" Matt struggled to keep a straight face. Good thinking on that Dirty Harry thing. I'm proud.

"Talk is cheap though mate. I need noone but myself to deal with anything and anyone. I'd love you to try and pull a Taurus down by it's horns. Or you could always buy someone to do it." John said snickering.

"I could buy someone? I could buy Petropolis to do it." he responded, finishing his sandwich. HOW RUSTIC! DELICIOUS!

"Very true, but these people would sell themselves for anything. They ruined my hometown.. and they are sick people..." John said backing away. "I'm tired of standing here..."

Matt burst into laughter. The whole scene was just so delicious! It was just why he'd left Goldenrod. "C'mon, Gatsby. Why so serious? Surely, you can't be serious!"

"About the people of Petropolis? No, I'm being serious... they ruined my beautfiul town. I think we should get back to the coliseum." John said quietly.

Matt was perturbed. Back in Goldenrod, when he laughed, so did everyone else. "Alright, let's head back, buddy."

The two walked back into the coliseum and took their seats back in the waiting room.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Jojo McDodd
post Aug 19 2008, 08:52 AM
Post #28

SMALL FUZZY INVENTOR KID~
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 272

Active Squad

"And our next match is... Ciera of Pastoria City versus Jackson of Goldenrod City!" Ara gulped. "This is it. Buckie, are you ready for this, our first professional match?" In response, the Squirtle smiled, exposing razor-like teeth.

Ara pushed open the door timidly. It creaked on its hinges. She slowly strode out onto the field, blinking in the sudden burst of sunlight. She looked across the dirt of the arena to her opponent's door. He was an odd-looking character- short, but with hair like a demon's, piled high into two blonde horns.

"I'm gonna pulverise you!" snarled Jackson. And apparently he wasn't reading from a card like the one a overeager reporter had pushed into Ara's hand. "Um... Oh- Well, you'll have to get through Jet's iron defenses first!" She slapped Buckie's shell. Buckie being called Jet? Her, being tough? She wasn't cut out for this at all. Buckskin, however, looked like she fit the part exactly.

"Aaaand... START!" Jackson threw a Pokeball high into the air. "Go! Blader!" In a flash of light, a Torchic appeared on the ground, looking timid. Ara had to laugh. "Snrrk! Blader?! Hah! That thing couldn't slice open a marshmallow!" This would be easy. Jackson blew his top. "ARE YOU MAKING FUN OF BLADER?! GO!" The Torchic suddenly charged at Buckskin with surprising speed. Ara screamed and ducked, the Squirtle flew into the air off her shoulder, and Blader's claws raked down Buckie's face.

Buckskin screeched and fell to the ground, laying there for a second or two. Then, she pushed herself up. "Okay. At first I was going to be nice with you. But now, you screwed up my ears. You got me pissed." The Squirtle ducked inside her shell and began spinning at lightspeed. She rammed into the Torchic, which let out a cry and flew backwards. Immediately, Buckie popped out of her shell and a powerful jet of water flew from her mouth.

"Biiiiii!" Blader screamed as she flew into a wall. The announcer flinched. "Ooh! Jackson made a mistake using fire against this powerhouse." Ara's face flushed red and her heart fluttered. She... was winning! She was doing good!" Jackson growled like an animal. "Blader! Get up and use Tackle!" The Torchic got up, wincing, then....

....fell, its wounds too much for it. Jackson snarled. "Worthless pile of..." He returned it. "You are gonna be so sorry!" Buckskin was doing a victory dance, not paying much attention. "Pay attention to me! Go! Tornado!" In a burst of almost dark light, the Pokeball sent its contents onto the field. It was a crouched ball of grey fur, panting. Then, a head snapped up from its embrace. An animal eye glinted red.

A vicious-looking Teddiursa threw back its head and roared to the sky. "Aw, crap," said Buckie. "We may have bit off more then we can chew."

To be continued...

--------------------
squirtle.gif Squirtle ish pwn, and I claim it. You shall not steal. squirtle.gif

Previously known as Squirtlecuno.
I really like Horton Hears a Who and Percy Jackson. Like, more than Pokemon right now. So I changed my name. Because Jojo is my favorite character. And I loves him.~ <3
... also, someone already stole Nico di Angelo. >:U
SO YEAH
JOJO IS SMALL AND FUZZY AND ADORABLE

AND AND

YESH <3

My normal location:
http://shiningbarboach.deviantart.com/
Please visit me here! I would love you forever if you did!~

My Diamond Friend Code: 0344- 5879- 3079
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Aug 24 2008, 08:45 PM
Post #29

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John had been sitting in the lobby, twiddling his thumbs when his leg began to fall asleep. He stood up and began walking it off when he decided he needed some time to think and go for a walk alone. John looked over at Matt who had been sitting next to him on the couch doing God knows what.

"Uh, Matthew... I'm going to go for a walk... I need to think, and maybe I'll go try and catch some more Pokemon or something. I'll be back by the time our match starts, so don't worry." John bowed and smiled, but as he spun around and looked the other way, his smile vanished and it was obvious many things were on his mind.

John walked back out of the Coliseum and down the steps, the sunlight slipping in between branches of the nearby trees. He began to wander off, thinking about what he was going to do when he faced Matthew, and hoping that he didn't ruin their friendship if he was the victor of their match. Finally he noticed a large park filled with trees and paths, surrounded by a large brick wall, and a sign reading, "Petropolis Grand Park".

Looks like a good place to think. John thought as he walked through the opening to the park. Many people were walking on the paths conversing with one another. This got John down a bit, and he chose to get off the beaten path and venture out into the heavy brush and vast trees. He finally ventured through the first layer of bushes and trees and looked behind him, just to notice that all light that was present before, had vanished into the dark side of the park. But at the same time, it was so serene in this sanctuary beyond the trees and paths. There were no bushes and only a few trees in this area of the park, and it was completely hidden from public. John decided to settle down and sit on the nice cool grass out of view from other's eyes.

As he rested on the ground, he removed his boots and placed them off to the side, and the same followed with his socks, and then placed his bare feet on the cool, kind of wet, grass. This was the first time he was finally able to relax after leaving his house, without having to travel, or be somewhere. He rolled up his trenchcoat and then placed it down and used it like a pillow. John sighed.

Aw, it's so nice finally just getting to sit back and relax. Once I get back home and decide to go sailing, it's going to be smooth sailing and relaxation hopefully, with the chance of catching Pokemon along the way. Isn't that right Char?.. Wait a second... I never let you out of your Pokeball. John had heard rustling and figured it was Char. He sat up, and to his surprise, he noticed a venonat with blue eyes. Hm, thats a rare Pokemon, and would make a great addition to my Pokemon "family". The venonat wasn't paying any attention to John, and was instead eating tiny tic like insects.

I'm really just going to have to go for it so I don't scare it off. I have to do this quickly and quietly...

John kissed a Pokeball that he pulled off of his belt. He cocked his arm back, and then threw the Pokeball at the oblivious venonat. As the pokeball connected, the venonat let out a "Ven-" but was stopped as it was sucked inside with a flash of light. The ball rocked back and forth three times, before it laid still. That was really easy... I guess Bug Pokemon don't have a lot of fight... John thought as he walked over and picked up the Pokeball.

"I think I'll name you-" John was cut off by a strange ringing noise from his PokeGear. That's strange. John poked a button on his watch, and he noticed a squirrelly looking man with bright red hair. It was his cousin Andrew, a scientist-in-training and a nerd from Fuschia City in Kanto, looking very happy.

"Hi John, hows it going?"

"Fine Andrew... how did you get my number?"

"Oh, I have all the family's name on record, and when someone gets a line to call, it comes up in my database, and I noticed your name and decided to call. What are you doing?"

"Oh.....kay. Well, I was relaxing when I ran into this blue eyed Venonat. I snuck up on it and caught it surprisingly."

"NOOO WAYYYYY! A BLUE EYED VENONAT!... your kidding aren't you." Andrew said with a chuckle. John responded by letting the Venonat out of the Pokeball and then turning the PokeGear towards the Venonat, allowing Andrew to observe it. "Oh my lord... you must send that Pokemon to me!"

"What!?"

"Yeah John, that Pokemon is really rare. How about I take it off your hands for now and train it, and when I find a rare Pokemon, or need help with something for an experiment, I'll let you know first and you can help me out."

"Well... if you put it that way, I suppose I can do that... but how do I send my Venonat to you?"

"Oh, its simple. You go to the nearest PC slash Televideo machine, and you just put it in the slot of the machine, and it'll send it right to me. Then I can send you the newest Pokedex too..." A crash was heard in the background."Uh oh, I have to go John. Give me a ring when you get to a Pokecenter...Oh my."

The PokeGears transmission ended, and John set it back to the clock format, shaking his head. He looked down at the Venonat, who was surveying John as well. "Alright buddy, you heard the... pipsqueak." John took out Venonats pokeball and put Venonat back in his pokeball, and placed it back on his belt. He tossed his trenchcoat back on, and made his way back through the brush and out of the park, and headed back to the Coliseum. He entered the sliding doors, and walked to the nearest PC, and logged on. A webcam came up with a picture of Andrew, typing on his computer.

"John, put the Pokeball in the slot below the monitor."

"Ok." John typed back as he took the Pokeball and placed it in. The computer sucked it in and it disappeared. Andrew could be seen putting a Pokedex in his slot on his computer. Their was a minute pause, and then a beep was heard at John's computer, and a Pokedex came out. John took it out of the slot, and placed it in his jeans pocket.

Andrew smiled on his camera as he held Venonats Pokeball. "I'll talk to you later John." Andrew then turned off his side of the transmission again before John could speak. John was left speechless, he then got up and walked back over to the couch and sat down once more.

((Caught a Venonat))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Aug 25 2008, 12:22 AM
Post #30

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Ooh! Jackson made a mistake using fire against this powerhouse!" cried the announcer, as a tiny Torchic keeled over. Matt grinned. Good on the Squirtle. Its trainer, a young girl with soda bottle glasses, seemed to flush. Keep it up, kid. After an awkward 10 minutes in the waiting room (Gatsby's silence was deafening), Matt had walked to the stadium, having nothing better to do. He was sprawled out on a bench, Neil sunbathing on his chest comfortably. He jumped as his PokeGear went off, Neil falling off of his chest as he did so. He punched "Accept," and held the watch up.

"Hello?"

"Master Matthew!"

"What is it, Javier?"

"Your father has a present for you-" Matt cut him off.

"Y'mean, Patrice has a present for me."

"Y-yes, Master."

"Well, then. What's the present?"

"Do you have a Pokemon and a ball ready?" Matt rolled his eyes.

"Javier, you sent me like 12 balls with the Gear. Of course I do."

"Alright, Master. Are you in an open space?" Matt got up, taking a quick glance at the stadium once more. Four-eyes' opponent had sent out a Teddiursa, and Four Eyes was having second thoughts, as evidenced by the "Ah, crap," by what was presumably the trainer. I mean, who else could've said it? It's not like Pokemon talk~ The trainer pushed the door open and entered the nearly-deserted lobby room.

"Yeah, Javier. Now, what is this?"

"Do you have a Pokemon ready?"

"Javier, what are you going to d-" Just then, the PokeGear reacted, giving off sparks. Matt shoved it off his wrist, and threw it on the ground. A burst of bright light- Matt covered his eyes- and an ungodly SOMETHING burst out. It was blocky, almost like building blocks. It was pink with blue extremities, and strange hexagon eyes. "Porygeon!'

It was one of the coolest things Matt had ever seen.

Javier's voice was still coming from the PokeGear. "That's the virtual Pokemon, Porygon. It's the first computer-made Pokemon!"

"So, I can catch it?" yelled Matt, as Porygon was still hovering over the PokeGear, and he was hesitant to get close.

"Yes, Master! That's why Patrice sent it over!"

"You could've warned me!"

"I wanted to," responded Javier, "but Miss Patrice insisted upon this being 'more fun!'" Freakin' Trish.

Matt decided to go for kindness. "Now, Porygon. We're going to be friends, am I right?" He inched closer, Neil behind him. "Now, come here." The Porygon's- head?- looked up at Matt. He reached into his pack, and felt the cold round sphere. "That's right, attaboy- ULTRA BALL GO!" Matt, in one smooth movement, pulled the ball out and flung it at the virtual Pokemon. The ball struck it head on, absorbing the Porygon in a flash of red light. It struggled once- twice- easiest yet! -then busted open. Ah, me. The trainer quickly backstepped, as the Porygon's 'arms' were twisting, and its eyes seemed to shrink.

"Alright, Neil! It's go time!" The Phanpy charged from behind Matt's legs, flourishing his snout. "Neil, let's go with an Ice Shard!" Ice clustered on Neil's nose, and with another flourish, it shot toward the Porygon. It hit, pushing the Pokemon back with the force. After a second, it seemed to absorb it, and it flipped its 'arms' around.

"Master!"came Javier, "that's Porygon's special move, Conversion2! Don't use the same move twi-"

"Neil! Ice Shard it again!" As before, an ice cluster accumulated on the Long Nose Pokemon's snout, and it shot at the Porygon. This time, the Pokemon didn't even flinch.

"Or else it will change its type to match!" yelled Javier.

"Why didn't you say that before?" cried Matt. Javier's response was drowned out by a series of beeps by the Porygon. Its 'arms' flipped again, and triple hoops of purple light emitted from its eyes. They hit Neil straight on, knocking him right into Matt.

"Ow!" yelled Matt, falling to the ground, hard. Neil fell to one side as the trainer pushed himself up.

"Alright, that's it. Neil, Take this fool Down!" The Long Nose Pokemon stood up, somewhat shakily. It raised its snout to the ceiling, light gathering at the tip. It then charged at the Porygon. It hit straight on, pushing the Virtual Pokemon back.

"Neil, pin it down!" The elephantine Pokemon jumped on top of the other, pushing it to the ground.

"Second time's the charm," I muttered, digging out another Ultra Ball. "Ultra Ball, go!" He threw the yellow ball, and promptly missed. Dangitdangitdangit! He grabbed another ball from his pack.

"Third time, can't think of a rhyme!" He threw the ball, and this time- it hit. Neil fell to the ground as the red light absorbed the virtual Pokemon. One...two...and three!

"Gotcha!" Neil nudged the ball toward Matt, who grabbed it, grinning.

"Caught a Porygon, girls may fawn!" he shouted. "Huh, would you look at that, Neil? I'm a poet, and I didn't even know it! I can rhyme, anytime!" He regarded the Ultra Ball, spinning it on a finger.

"I'm gonna call you...Sera!" He threw the ball up in the air, then grabbed it again, stowing it in his pack. Matt walked to his discarded PokeGear, where Javier was still spluttering.

"Hey, Javier?" he said.

"Yes, Master Matthew?"

"I really hate you."

(Level 7 Porygon obtained!)

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Adokai
post Aug 31 2008, 11:44 PM
Post #31

Level ?? Elite Boss
Group Icon

Active Squad

"And Ciera gets taken out by this monster of a Teddiursa! Jackson moves on to the next round!"

Eri blinked. Had he missed the last half of the battle? Apparently, because now the television was showing a rather down-trodden trainer exiting the coliseum. Eri stood and after picking up his Riolu, wandered out of the waiting room, striding with purposeful steps towards the Arena door. An aide was there to open it for him, giving him a friendly nod. He smiled weakly to the man, silently thanking him.

The coliseum was huge – easily the biggest structure made for pokemon battles that he had ever seen. This was his first real battle, ever – and infront of all these people, it was rather easy to see that the poor young man was incredibly nervous. Even Dusk felt on edge, picking up his trainers anxiety. The blue pokemon nosed Eri, who smiled and rubbed the little pokemons head. “We’ll be fine. Just gotta remember what Dad said, right?” Dusk nodded, leaping from his trainers arms to the arena floor. The blue pokemon stayed close to Eri’s feet, staring around the arena with wide eyes. Eri wasn’t much better – he was staring up at the crowd, wondering how he would battle with so many eyes watching him.

“Hey, kid! Yeah, you!”

Eri snapped from his daze, glancing about wildly – oh, there was already another trainer at the other end of the arena, apparently waiting from the somewhat awestruck Eri to signal his readiness. A reporter shuffled up to him, handing him a headset with a microphone and some cards. He stared blankly at the cards after donning the headset, looking about for the reporter – who had promptly disappeared.

“Oh, customary insult flinging.” Eri frowned, glancing up at his opponent, waiting for the announcer to get this started.

“I’m gonna pound you into the floor!” Roared the other trainer, apparently following the directions from the cards. Maybe Eri should do that too?

“I – uh – I’m going to … own you like I did your mother last night? What is this? Seriously, that was the worst thing I have ever had to say.” He tossed that card behind him, startled as the announcers voice boomed over the P.A.

And now, the final battles of this tier, Erisashi of Fidona versus Susan of Petropolis! This ought to be good, the trainers have already started insulting each other, folks! This battle will be held on the Steel Stadium-

The announcer paused, letting the stage morph into serrated spires of steel and strange, flowing steel shapes. The artificial light glinted off the bright silver/steel colored spires and flows, and Eri winced, fumbling for his sunglasses. The blessed relief as the glasses dulled the light lancing into his eyes, Eri took stock of his situation.

- so please choose your three pokemon now!

Erisashi placed his three pokeballs onto the pedestal provided, nodding to Dusk as he did so. The Riolu stepped up infront of his trainer, preparing for battle.

“Screamer, go!” Susan called, a Plusle appearing from the flash of light from the Pokeball.

”Let the battle commence!”

First post for now, will post again later today/tomorrow.

This post has been edited by Adokai: Aug 31 2008, 11:46 PM

--------------------

Click the eggs please~
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Sep 1 2008, 10:37 PM
Post #32

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John was sitting on the couch still in a lobby, thinking deeply as he tossed his Pokeball containing Char in it, up and down, slowly and repeatedly. With his left hand, he held his Pokedex out and looked it over. He had one when he was younger, but after he was frustrated from losing his dad's Arcanine, he smashed his Pokedex over a jagged rock. He thought intently on the idea of catching Pokemon, and catching as many as possible.

So far all together he had caught five pokemon, traded one, and had one Pokemon evolve. He still had a long ways to go, but he was an eager beaver to catch more. With that thought, he placed his Pokedex back in his pocket, and stopped tossing Char's Pokeball up and down, and put it back on his belt with the others.

John stood up out of the couch and walked into the room with Matthew in it who seemed to be talking to Javier on the PokeGear, and he seemed a bit upset. John walked over to Matt and put his hand on his shoulder and turned him around.

"Hey Matthew... I just got a Pokedex from my cousin, and also caught a Venonat. I know... a lot happened in such a short time, but that's life. Well after getting this Pokedex, I got to thinking, how bout we go for a walk and see if we can catch any Pokemon while we're waiting for our match. And if we both get lucky and catch something, maybe our Pokemon can face off in the Cup. Whaddya say?"

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Sep 5 2008, 09:41 PM
Post #33

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt placed his PokeGear back on, ignoring Javier's stammers. A thought occurred to him.

"Javier."

"Myes, Master Matthew?" came the obsequious reply.

"How does Porygon evolve?" he asked, regarding Sera's newly party sealed Ultra Ball. I don't like it, the blue contrasts all wrong. A bit of silence, and Javier replied.

"Porygon evolves by downloading itself to a computer and running Upgrade software."

"We have any?"

"I don't think so, not off the top of my head. It's very expensive, and I have to order it from Silph Company in Saffron. However, I'll order it now."

"Thanks, Javier. Remind me to up your pay."

"Virtue is it's own reward," lectured the butler.

"Yeah, but money's nice too," summed up the trainer, ending the transmission.

"Hey Matthew..." came a voice from behind him, as a hand clasped his shoulder. Gatsby. "I just got a Pokedex from my cousin, and also caught a Venonat. I know... a lot happened in such a short time, but that's life. Well after getting this Pokedex, I got to thinking, how bout we go for a walk and see if we can catch any Pokemon while we're waiting for our match. And if we both get lucky and catch something, maybe our Pokemon can face off in the Cup. Whaddya say?"

Matt thought. He didn't particularly feel like taking a walk, but there was still 30 minutes until the match.

"Alright then. Let's go." The trainer stretched. "Oh, and a Pokedex? What do you have on it?"

This post has been edited by Earl: Sep 5 2008, 09:44 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Sep 5 2008, 11:48 PM
Post #34

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

John looked at his Pokedex with quite a puzzled look on his face. "Well, I don't know if it does anything exciting in particular, but I have been able to add seven Pokemon to my archive, to my knowledge."

"Well, I can give you 5 more," Matt said, taking out his assorted balls. "C'mon out, guys!" With a great deal of confetti and lightning, Matt's Pokemon appeared. Sera chased around Shock while Tiff teased Neil by swooping in and zipping out.

John opened his Pokedex, and a voice came out examining and explaining each of the Pokemon as they were added to the Pokedex. "I don't mean to sound rude, but you confuse me." John paused and scratched his head. "One, where did you get that box of a thing? Second point, that's only four Pokemon, and one was my own, and was already added."

"That's Sera the Porygon. Javier sent him. And it's not like you had Shock when you got that dex, right?" Confuse him, huffhuffhuff.

Well apparently, it's noted over from my last Pokedex that I lost when I was younger. And I've never seen a Porygon before... quite strange. Just keep it away from me and we'll get along." John said winking.

"Whatever," said Matt, returning his Pokemon. "Where're we going, anyway?"

Well, when I went walking earlier, I found this really nice place to go in the park. It's out of view, it's shaded, and it also happens to be the place where I caught my Venonat. Then I got to thinking. Why not go back and see if I can catch another Pokemon? If there was one, there is bound to be more, am I right?" said John. "No need to answer. Well, I decided I'm going to continue my Pokedex and what better way then to broaden my horizons, and catch more Pokemon. So, shall we go?"

I was going to answer, you chatterbox. "Let's go," he said, with sarcastic enthusiasm and a hammy arm pump.

"Well, if your going to act this way, you can always just stay here. I need no sarcasim." John said as he crossed his arms.

"Kay, bye," said Matt, yawning as he turned away. He punched in Patrice's number, ready to ask what John's Venonat was weak to.

Rich, pompous, useless person... has to buy his own Pokemon rather than catching them like the rest of us.[i] John shook his head as he made his way back out of the Coliseum. "Bastard... I'll show him.. I'll catch something... and beat him." John muttered to himself. John came out of his daze and saw a caterpillar looking Pokemon eating a leaf from a flower a nearby small flower. John took out his Pokedex and opened it towards the busy Pokemon.

"Wurmple, a worm Pokemon. It loves to eat leaves. If it is attacked by a Starly, it will defend itself with its spiked rear." barked the Pokedex in a monotone, robotic voice.

[i]Alright then... not the most exotic, but I'm gonna show Matthew how easy I can do this without fancy butlers and money.

"Alright... let's think about this... hm. I GOT IT!" John said as he took a Pokeball off of his belt. "Go get em' Cue-Ball." John said as he threw his Pokeball out. Cue-Ball emerged in a ray of light. The Wurmple looked at Cue-Ball with a frightened look, followed by a look showing it wasn't going to back down from the fight.

"Alright Cue-Ball, this'll be no problem for you, you've got the advantage. Cue-Ball, wha-" John paused as the Wurmple made the advance. It completely stunned John for a moment, he figured he would get the first move off. The Wurmple shot out a web like string at the Cubone immediatly. "Sword Dance Cue-Ball and try to deflect it." Just before the string shot hit, Cue-Ball began to spin his bone around able to knock away most of the web, but to no avail, some of the web connected and there was a thin line connecting the Cubone's legs, making it slower.

Dang, think John."Can you move?" John asked, and the Cubone responded my shaking it's head. "Alright Cue-Ball, use rock slide, and use the earth to surf towards the Wurmple." Before John even finished giving the order, Cue-Ball pulled up a small piece of earth and began to use it to slide towards the opponent. "Alright Cue-Ball! Bone Club!" As the Cubone slid past the Wurmple, it stuck it's bone out and clubbed the Wurmple, before sliding past, and slamming into one of the outside walls of the Coliseum and falling down. "Hang in there for a moment Cue-Ball. GO POKEBALL!" John chucked a Pokeball at the Wurmple, hitting it square on and sucking the Wurmple in with a flash of light.

Twitch... twitch.... twitch. Poof! The Pokeball laid still. "YES! Gotcha Wurmple!" John pulled out another Pokeball and called Cue0Ball back and then picked up the Pokeball that contained his new insect Pokemon. He kissed the ball, and then placed it back on his belt, and spund around on his heels, spurs scratching the pavement as he did. John then approached the doors of the Coliseum once more and walked back inside.

((Caught a Level 10 Wurmple... do to evolve at any moment... and then evolve again a lil' bit after.))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Adokai
post Sep 8 2008, 11:19 AM
Post #35

Level ?? Elite Boss
Group Icon

Active Squad

“Dusk! Bullet punch!” Erisashi called, and the blue pokemon lept forward, one clenched paw sweeping wide to connect solidly with the Plusle. Eri tuned out the announcer, the crowd and even Susan, focusing solely on the battle between his pokemon and hers. The Plusle retaliated with a thundershock, stopping the Riolu in its flurry of punches for long enough to escape.

“Doubleteam!” Eri called, and his Riolu seemed to flicker in and out of vision, a double appearing nearby, copying the blue pokemon’s movements exactly. Screamer began to Charge, drawing in static electricity, gathering it into its hands. Dusk let fly with another Bullet punch, connecting once more to the other pokemon, throwing it off balance for a second.

“Alright, now Return!” Eri commanded, and Dusk pulled back a clenched paw to obey, punching forward to hit the Plusle right between the eyes. Screamer went out like a light.

Inwardly, Eri cheered, but called Dusk back to him to see what Susan would call for next.

“Go, Spoink!” Susan called, and a small black pig, springing up and down on its tail appeared from the flash of light from the Pokeball.

“Return, Dusk!” Eri told his Riolu, who returned to his side as he tossed the pokeball containing Torchic – Riolu wouldn’t last a second against a psychic type pokemon, whereas his Torchic stood on even ground. The small orange bird cheeped at its trainer, then turned around to face the Spoink.

Before Eri had a chance to direct his pokemon, Susan called to her spoink.

“Psybeam!”

The beam of concentrated psychic energy hit the little bird dead on, blasting it across the arena and against a jagged iron pole, pinning it there for too long. The orange bird dropped to the ground, spasming, showing fight but unable to find its feet. The Spoink bounced closer, right into range.

“Torchic! Ram that pig with Double Edge!” Eri’s Torchic found its feet, not even pausing as it leapt at the small pig, glowing right before impact. The Spoink collapsed almost immediately, with Torchic following mere seconds later. A double K.O, Eri still in the lead. It came down to this. Both trainers picked up their pokeballs. – Eri could send out Dusk, but wanted to keep the little Riolu as a last resort.

“Turtwig-” Eri called out,

“Shroomish-” Susan yelled,

“Go!” Both trainers called, pokeballs hitting the ground of the arena at the same time. Both grass-type pokemon appeared, Turtwig wiggling the leaves sproting from its head and Shroomish shuddering, dislodging a small cloud of spores from its body. Grass type versus grass type – now it came down to staying power and physical brunt. Eri knew his Turtwig would win.

“Turtwig, start off with stun spore, then follow with Bullet Seed!” Turtwig opened its mouth, coughing out a great cloud of spores that shot towards the Shroomish – which dodged easily, firing its own cloud (sickly purple and black, poison spores) at the Tiny Leaf pokemon, who dodged just as easily, following the action with Bullet Seed. The pellets rattled against the steel structures crisscrossing the arena, but none hit the Shroomish. The Mushroom pokemon retaliated with False Swipe, striking Turtwig directly – bringing it into line of fire. Turtwig scored direct hits with many of the seeds, but the Shroomish managed to get away before it was knocked senseless by the barrage.

This continued for ten or so minutes until, at last, Turtwig got the upperhand, knocking Shroomish out cold with a well-placed Tackle. He picked the pokemon up as it rushed to him, hugging it tightly. He missed the announcer declaring that he had won, turning almost numbly from the arena to walk back into the waiting area, and then on to the Pokemon center, resting his pokemon for the next round of battles.

He let out a sigh, scrubbing at his eyes. He hadn’t been the one battling, but now he just felt tired. Maybe he could snatch a rest before he had to go face his next opponent.

--------------------

Click the eggs please~
+Quote Post

Laughing Jackal
post Sep 10 2008, 08:01 PM
Post #36

Johnny Madigan
Group Icon

Active Squad

((Once again, an epic JG/Earl Production))

The speakers crackled on as Matt re-entered the waiting room. "Would Matthew Fletcher and John Gatsby please come to the Silver Side of the stadium! It's time for Double Battles!"

Matt grinned. Perfect.

John shrugged. "Would it kill them to get my name correct for once... It's Madigan." John thought over the words. "Wait a second Matthew. Double's matches? What's going on?"

Matt yawned. "You heard the 'com. We use two pokemon at once." Though, why we're on the same side is odd...

Hm... fate works in mysterious ways Matt, hopefully in our favor." John said in deisbelief.

The trainer yawned. "Whatever, let's go." He rose out of his chair, yawning.

"I don't know Matt, you sure you don't want to take a nap first or something? You're gonna be able to help us win our match, right? I'm not going to need to take them both on, correct?" John said elbowing Matt in the arm.

Matt shied away. "You do your part, I'll do mine. We'll just be GOLDEN!" he said.

"Well, if you insist Matthew... our fans await, lets not disappoint them by sitting around chatting all day. Lead the way." John said motioning his arm to the door for Matthew.

"My fans," he yawned, opening the door. Charles Tieger was there to greet him, once again. "Ah, sirs. Are you ready?"

"Sure, bud. Lead on." said Matt, adjusting his fedora.

The sharply-dressed man led the two trainers down the immaculate marble steps, through the corridors, to the main gates. "Good luck, sirrahs!" he said. "I'm cheering for you~!"

"Thanks Charles, you're a great guy," said Matt. "Age before beauty, Gatsby~"

With age comes wisom and, I've got nothing..." John said as he walked in front of Matthew.

...and so does senility.

Trumpets flared as the two entered. The sun's noontime light was even brighter than it had been. "Aaand on the Silver side, we have Matthew Fletcher and Johhhhn Gatsby~!"

As before, the reporter hustled over, offering smack-talk cards and headsets. "Don't read the cards Matthew..." John said whispering to Matt.

"I'll do what I want, mkay?" He reached for the card and headset.

John sighed as he grabbed his headset. "Thanks everyone for coming out... and uh, my partner here might have something to say." John put his hand over his microphone. Don't do it Matthew, it's pointless."

Matt ignored him. "Let's see...Henry Beaker. What kind of name is Baker? Dumbest name I've ever heard."

The announcer spoke over him. "And on the Golden Side, we have Henry Beaker and Leopold Monk! Any words, Team Gold?" quiried the MC.

"Words are not nessecary. Actions speak louder. And by that, I must be an Exploud." came one of them.

"That had to be the stupidest thing I've heard today... woops!" John said as he realized his voice was booming over the speakers in the coliseum. John shrugged and started waving to all the fans.

"B-b-b-burned!" Cried the MC over the cheers and jeers. John put his hands together and began shaking them from one side to another, while smiling. "They like me, they really like me."

"Bull," muttered Matt, but was again drowned out by the MC. "Trainers, select 3 Pokemon! They'll be fighting on the Wasteland turf!"The floor sunk, replaced by torn cement and fallen trees. Dual podiums rose up, one for Matt and one for Gatsby.

John took his three Pokeballs that he wanted, and placed them into their slots on the podium. Matt jammed his eyes closed and selected three Pokeballs at random from his pack. Nothing like a good ounce of surprise. "Now folks, here is the first round of the Double Battles! Fletcher and Gatsby vs Monk and Beaker! LET'S FIGHT!"

"Well Matt, since you chose to sit around, you missed out on the chance to catch some good Pokemon. Now I'll show you what I was capable of catching. Let's go Wurmple." John took the first Pokeball and threw it out on the battlefield. A flash of light occured, and John's Wurmple came out.

Matt couldn't help bursting into laughter. "Wurmple? That's worse than a Magikarp! Whatever. LET'S GO, POKEBALL!" He picked a ball at random and chucked it out. Croagunk appeared in a strike of green lightning.

Over the loudspeakers, Monk or Beaker's voice rang out. "Let's go, KILLER!" "Doomer, go!'From the Pokeballs appeared a Rhyhorn- Doomer, and perhaps the least-killer Pokemon ever. The trainer's Pokemon was...well, a Bidoof.

John stood scratching his head. "Well.. might as well start it. Wurmple go and use a... what the!?" The Wurmple began shifting shapes in a ray of light.

"What's this, folks? Is Wurmple undergoing evolution!?!?!" Matt was sort of impressed too. John stood is awe waiting to see what Wurmple was going to evolve into. As the light disappeared, a cacoon looking Pokemon was apparent. "AAAAAMAZING! John is now the owner of a Silcoon! But this might not be good, folks. Silcoon cannot attack at all!"

The crowd went silent, all but for one man who said "Wa wa waaaaa!" John shrank in embarresment. You've got to be kidding me... "Silcoon was it? Come back..." John said returning his Pokemon to it's Pokeball.

"Alright... that wasn't good. Let's go Char." John hurled out his second Pokeball, sending his Charmeleon out onto the battlefield.

"Aand John sends out his Charmeleon, for a return performance!"

However, Doomer had different plans. "Horn Attack!' The Rhyhorn charged forward, galloping toward Croagunk.

"Hold till the last moment, then Mud Slap in the face!" The Toxic Mouth pokemon nodded, hurrying toward some pavement. As Rhyhorn approached, Croagunk kicked some mud into the "I'll put the name here" Pokemon's eyes, altering its path. It ran into some pavement, making a large crack. Glad that didn't connect...

"KILLER! USEEEEE TACKLE ATTAAAACCCKK!" cried the man, obviously trying to make up for the patheticness of Bidoof. John sighed and then laughed a little. "Really? Tackle? Char, use smokescreen to blind em'!" The Charmeleon didn't even hesitate. It sent smoke out of it's mouth in the path that Killer was travelling in. The Plump Mouse waddled forward and was promptly caught in Smokescreen.

"That might not be good for Charmeleon's partner, folks! John has to watch what he's doing."

"He's right I suppose. Be careful, Matthew." John said. As the smoke cleared a bit, the Bidoof was left staring at Char who was drumming it's belly rhythmically. "Alright Char, now that your good and ready, hit em' with a metal claw!" Char ran forward and slashed at the Bidoof with a right, then a left, and then with another right, connecting each time with the red eyed Pokemon. The Plump Mouse fell backwards, ending up in a rolled up position.

"GOTCHA!" yelled the opponent, as Matt yawned. "KILLER! ROLLOUT!" The Bidoof tucked itself in, and rolled toward Charmeleon. Before John could say anything, Bidoof rolled into Char at full force, sending the Charmeleon flying backwards a few feet into the trunk of an old decayed tree. "Oh gosh, it's a Super Bidoof!' noted Matt.

"SUH-SUH-SUPA BIDOOF!" repeated the announcer.

Char began standing back up shaking it's head and seemed a little dizzy, but finally regained composure and got back into a fighting stance. "Thatta' boy Char, give em' hell! Dragon Rush!" John yelled to his Charmeleon. Char's eyes began to glow a fiery red, and it began charged at the Bidoof at full speed with intensity in it's eyes. It hit! A direct hit sent the Bidoof-us flying, knocking into pavement. It tried to get up, but fell. "KILLER IS DOWN!" yelled the MC. "Yes!" John yelled pumping his fist in the air as Char did the same.

"Hoo-freakin'-rah," said Matt, as Croagunk made itself comfortable on the pavement.

"NOW DOOMER, HORN ATTACK!?!!?!?!"

"What?" yelled Matt, as Rhyhorn charged out of the remaining smoke, hitting Croagunk straight on. It went flying, breaking through several thin barriers before slamming onto thicker concrete. "CROAGUNK IS DOWN!" noted the MC.

Matt sighed, pulling his hat down. "Ok, Pokemon number 2, let's go!" He took his second Pokeball and threw it out.

"Porygon has been sent out!' yelled the MC.

"It's Sera," muttered Matt, as the blocky Pokemon twisted its limbs around. "LET'S GO, CHU-CHU-KACHOO!" came a shout from the other side. Another ball was thrown, and a Riachu was sent out. "RIACHU HAS BEEN SENT OUT!" No kiddin'.

Greaaaaaaaaaat!.. Well I got speed on it... this could be explosive. John thought to himself. Meanwhile, Matt was thinking. "Sera, Psybeam on Doomer!" The Porygon flipped its limbs and shot out triple purple hoops. It hit directly, knocking the Pokemon back 20 feet or so.

"Alright I got it Char, get in close and use bite!" Charmeleon let out a "Char!" and ran out to the Raichu, fangs exposed. The Charmeleon chomped right down on the Raichu, as its trainer had not given any commands. "CHU-CHU, DOUBLESLAP IT OFF!" The Raichu raised its stubbly arms. "Char use Crunch!" The Charmeleon bit down harder, and opened its mouth and did it a few more times, deeper and deeper.

Matt winced, looking away. "That's gotta hurt, folks!"

"Raaaichu!" squealed the Raichu, and as Matt looked again, its fur grew static-y. "Raichu is running current through its body to paralyze Charmeleon!"

Matt shook himself a little, lost in the other battle. "Sera, hit the Rhyhorn with another blast of Psybeam!" The virtual pokemon twisted, and shot triple purple beams once more. The already-panting Rhyhorn simply keeled over.

"Char! LET GO!" The Charmeleon quickly let go of its grasp on the Raichu and backed up, and in the process, one shock struck Char hard, causing Char to shoot fire out in a cough. The Raichu became completely engulfed in the ember.

"RAICHU IS DOWN! THAT SURE...BACKFIRED!" cheered the MC. John and Char looked at each other and John gave a thumbs up of approval with a little wink.

Yeah, yeah, whatever, he's awesome. Some of us have to get by with Phanphy.

"LET'S GO, BITER!" "Carly, IT'S UP TO YOU!" came dual shouts. A Squirtle and Machop came out of their balls, respectively. Machop is fighting, so Sera is fine. "Sera, Psybe-" "CARLY, KARATE CHOP!" came a louder yell. The Machop sprang forward, one arm up in attack. "Dodge it, Sera!" But it was too late. The Machop came crashing down onto the virtual pokemon. Crud, this isn't looking good... that box thing is down, and now Char has to fight a Squirtle? Crud indeed. John thought to himself. Porygon went flying, and fell to the ground.

"Porygon is down!"

"G' job, Sera. Have a good rest. Defragment your disks or something." Matt grabbed his last Pokeball. Hope I picked a winner! "Pokeball, go!" He chucked the ball out. "Combeee!" Matt's least used- and therefore strong- Pokemon appeared. Oh Arceus. We're screwed.

Meanwhile, the battle between the Squirtle and Char was underway. Squirtle let out a water gun spray, which Char dodged just in time. Char responded by beating his belly and letting out a growl in the direction of the tiny turtle Pokemon. The Squirtle froze for a moment and let its guard down, which led Char to go in and use it's metal claws to scratch the opponent.

"Tiff, release a Sweet Scent into the stadium!" It was pretty much the only thing he could do. "Matthew, why am I getting a feeling you chose that Pokemon at random?" John said to Matthew out of the corner of his mouth. "Hold your ground Char!" Char was now in a dead heat test of strength battle with the Squirtle. As Char began to get the advantage, the Squirtle spat water in Char's face, making it release and shake the water off.

"Because I did, arse." Tiff's scent had already wafted through the Coliseum. It didn't do much, but it did sorta smell nice. "Tiff, Gust!' The Tiny Bee flipped around and flapped its ings ferociously. Well, as ferociously as something called a Tiny Bee could.

The Squirtle's mouth closed for a moment and it was obvious that the turtle Pokemon was readying its water gun once again. "Quickly Char, use rock slide to make a barrier!" The gusts of wind cut through the stadium, buffeting the Machop. "Keep at it, Combee! It's seriously the only thing we can do!'

The rock barrier seemed to work. The water splashed in all different directions. Quickly, Char kicked the rock forward, but Squirtle was able to roll out of the way just in time, but not before tripping in the process. "Quickly Char! Pounce on that pipsqueak' and use Dragon Rush!" John yelled to his Pokemon. Char jumped on top of the Squirtle, eyes glowing, and began to slash the helpless Squirtle repeatedly until it was obvious it could take no more. Char began to pant and fall to it's knees as the Squirtle stayed layed out on the battlefield. "Good work Char, the rest is up to you Matthew!"

"What?" said Matt.

"Return, Biter!"

"He's got another Pokemon left, and so do you!"

John slapped his forehead in stupidity. "Whoops... I guess I lost count."

Meanwhile, Tiff had landed onto a stuck up pavement piece. "Carly, use Bullet punch!" Before trainer or Bee could react, the Machop had drawn up to the Combee, and with a mighty punch, sent it flying. No...dammit. "Combee is unable to battle! It's all up to John now!"

"Your kidding me Matt... two on one?" John looked over to the official real quick. "May I use a second Pokemon, or can I only use one at a time?"

"Only one at a time, and let's be honest, your Silcoon isn't going to help."

"Alright... in that case, are you ready Char?" John asked his Pokemon, and it responded by standing back off and nodding as it stared at the Machop. "Give us your best!"

"Machop, use Close Combat!" "Char use Outrage!"

The two Pokemon locked up in a fierce battle. Machop got close and began throwing jabs to the body of Char. Char tried to shake it off, but it was losing energy, and in a last effort, it clawed the Machop in the face, making it back off. Char limped over to the backed off fighting Pokemon, and struck it again with a left, and then once more with a hard right, sending the already weakened Machop flying backwards. As the Machop hit the floor, Char spun around on one foot, looked up, and fell flat down on its back in confusion.

"Machop and Charmeleon are out! What is Beaker's last move?"

"Char, come back!" John said as he took out his Pokeball and called back his Pokemon. I'll wait to see what Pokemon he chooses to decide a plan.

"As John has more Pokemon, he must send his out first!"

Drat, that backfired... well, alright. "Go get em' Joker." John smiled as he took his third Pokeball and whipped it onto the barren wasteland of a field. A light flashed, and John's Gastly, Joker, emerged into the coliseum. "Let's go, Rhys!" Beaker threw a Pokeball, and a Chansey appeared.

"Looks like Beaker's got the advantage- ghost moves have no effects on normal types! But Chansey can't get a hit on ghost types, either! It's a mental tug of war!"

Hm, thats not good... um, oh I know! Joker use Hypnosis!" Joker smiled and bobbed back and forth. Two white gloved hands appeared out of nowhere and began swaying a pendulum. The Chansey could not resist following the hands with its eyes, and ever....so...slowly...it fell asleep. "Chansey has fallen asleep!" Matt, meanwhile, was talking to Charles Tieger. "So I lose?" "Not so much. You'll be fighting again with another double partner. If you lose again...you lose."

"Um... I don't know what to do. Joker come back!" John called back his Gastly and began thinking as the Chansey slept. Hm, hopefully Silcoon can do something. "What an odd move! John's only other Pokemon is Silcoon, an immobile cacoon!"

"Alright Silcoon, don't let me down!" John through out his Pokeball, and with a flash of light, Silcoon emerged. "Alright Silcoon, string shot!" But to no avail, the Pokemon did nothing. "Uh, use tackle!" But still, the cacoon Pokemon still just sat there on the floor.

"Epic fail," muttered Matt as he returned to the field. "What, didn't win yet?"

"God dammit Silcoon! Your making me look stupid. GO GET THAT CHANSEY!" John picked up his Silcoon that was standing next to him, and lifted it above it head. "GO!" John said as he threw the Silcoon forward at the Chansey. The Silcoon sailed over the field, amazing for something that weighed 20 pounds, and plonked the Chansey on the head. John stood in awe as the sleeping Chansey fell backwards and the Silcoon landed on top of it.

"Epic win!" yelled Matt.

"I...can't believe it. Chansey is unable to battle, John and Matt win!" John's mouth was still practically on the floor as he heard the news. You've got to be kidding me... we actually won? John smiled and waved to the fans as he returned his Pokemon to its ball.

"Whoop-dee-do for you. Now if you'll excuse me, I have to go fight again."

"Well aren't you the most cheerful fellow?" John shook his head and walked back out of the coliseum with his hands held high.

EDITTED IN FOR JOHN'S DEPARTURE:

John thought to himself as he left the tournament. He didn't want to have to do the next round believing that Matthew wasn't going to be participating as well. Also John had been thinking about the mellow-dramatic tone he had been receiving from Matthew lately, and was getting fed up.

No matter to John though, it was experience he could chalk up and grow better from. But for now, it was time for him to leave and go back out and do what he did best.... and that is to catch Pokemon and defeat trainers.

This post has been edited by JGatsby: Sep 23 2008, 07:47 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Troy Bolton
post Oct 23 2008, 10:09 PM
Post #37

Bet On Me
Group Icon

Active Squad

Matt rubbed his hands together.

"Yo, Chuck T, nearly time for my battle yet?" he called. The ubiquitous man turned, and practiced his toady voice.

"Er, m'yes, sir. Just a moment now, take a seat. Matt sat, with a sigh.

"Neil!" he drew the Pokeball and released the Pokemon. The elephantine Poke landed on his lap, and nuzzled him affectionately.

"Charles, do you know where the self-heal station is? There isn't one in here." The tuxedoed man turned, rubbing his hands together.

"I would be more than delighted to take your Pokemon to the station. In fact," he took several strides toward Matt, "I'll take all of your Pokemon, if you want. That's an excellent idea, let us do that!"

"Nah," said Matt, "Neil and Shock are fine. Only need Tiff, Croagunk, and Sera to go."

"It's no trouble, sir," wheedled the man.

"No, it's fine. Here you are." Matt reached into his pack and drew three Pokeballs. Glancing, he checked Tiff's and Croagunk's, but didn't look at Sera's. The trainer handed the balls to the courier.

"Very good, sir. I'll be back soon." Charles hurried out.

"Come back soon!"

...30 minutes later...

"'Arright, this is ridiculous." Matt had moved from chair to comfy chair, Neil with him. There was no reception in this particular room, so his PokeGear was useless. He flung his pack in front of him, for the umpeenth time with the purpose of obtaining a magazine in mind.

"Ah, snap." He drew Sera's Pokeball out. Must've given Chuck a spare Pokeball from the pack. With said excuse in mind, Matt drew up from his chair. "Lets go, Neil."

"Phan!" The two oldest buddies set off, Neil pushing the doors open with his snout.

Several corridors and two dead ends later...

"Here's the main lobby, Neil. Wonder why we haven't seen anyone?" The long nose Pokemon pushed the door, and the two were greeted with utter silence.

"Hello?" Matt's oddly high voice reverberated from the high ceilings. Nothing. He strode to the desk and attempted to use the intercom system. They had one back at his house.

"Eh...IT'S THE- EYE OF THE GLIGAR, ITS THE THRILL OF THE BITE, RISIN' UP TO THE CHALLENGE OF OUR RIVAL~" he belted out, to no avail.

"Alright, this is ridiculous, Neil. Let's hail to the coliseum. Gotta be someone there." He was growing slightly worried, his back hairs prickling. Where was Chuck with Tiff and Croagunk?

Another several corridors later...

"Coliseum's just on the other side, Neil. We ready?" said Matt, kneeling and passing the Phanpy a Poffin.

"Phee! Phee!" He grabbed the slightly spicy treat joyfully. Matt tried his PokeGear, one more time. Dammit. There was absolutely no signal, which was ridiculous. Fletcher Co. had the number 1 in satellite connections, and captured every region and ocean between them. It did not just go down. He had the emergency signal, but the only numbers it got were the police and hospital.

With this bit of worrying knowledge, Pokemon and trainer stepped through the doors.

"What the?"

The scene presented was so surreal as to seem absurd. Bags upon bags of Pokeballs were lumped up in a heap in the center of the coliseum, set to 'normal'. Men and women in matching tuxedos and dresses were skirting here and there, all carrying lumpy sacks. One headed to the center and dumped his bag. Pokeballs of all colors streamed out. It was all too clear what this was.

A set up. Matt had seen too many movies (or maybe, just enough) to know. Nothing else for it, time to use the emergency line. Though Matt subscribed to the 'become a hero quick' methodology, he knew when to call for backup. 9-1-1.

"C'mon, pick up, pick up!" It was a blessing he wasn't seen.

"And what are you doing, Mr. Fletcher?" A strong arm and a familiar voice both came from behind him.

"Charlie! Get offa' me!"

"Yes, there'll be plenty of time for that." Matt wrenched an arm around and was saddened and angered in equal measure. Charles Tieger was clad in the same outfit of the men collecting Pokeballs in the coliseum. He held a sack of Pokeballs in his hand.

"What the hell are you doing?" But Matt was afraid he knew.

"Stealing the Pokemon, of course." There was no obsequious tone in his voice now, replaced by malice.

"Why?"

"It's what Team R- my organization does." Matt stiffened.

"Team Rocket?" A smirk.

"Sure, let's say them."

"You bastards!" Matt lept forward, a sudden burst of adrenaline carrying his fist forward. He connecting with a sickening crunch, Charles' nose giving under the inertia.

He stumbled, and Matt grabbed the sack and ran. He and Neil didn't stop running till they reached the outside of the coliseum. He punched the police line again.

"Hello, operator? I'd like to report a mass robbery in progress. Where? In Ganersyn Coliseum, of course!"

Later...

"And that wraps that up well," said Officer Joey, adjusting his blue cop cap. "We'll need you to come down to the station for another statement, but then you'll be free to go. We'll be on the lookout for Tieger, though. He won't make it through city lines."

But Matt had suspected he had. The Harrington Cup had been closed, the Pokeballs returned (all the trainers had apparently been tied up and hidden), and the mystery troopers nowhere to be found. Everything was where it should be.

Except...it wasn't. Tiff, his beloved Combee, was gone. He'd recovered Croagunk, but the joyful little bee was all alone out there. With Tieger, probably.

"We'll meet again, Tieger. Count on it."

Matt took one last look at the Coliseum and heaved a great sigh. On the road again.

But just as the cool ending had...ended, Matt's PokeGear went off. Another text, this one from Trish. It was dated from 40 minutes ago, so the system had just picked up his Gear.

Hew,
The coliseum footage got interrupted. What happened? You alright?
Trish
Live and let live <3

Matt gave a smile despite himself.

trish,
its pretty intense. heres what happened...

/final rest

This post has been edited by Earl: Oct 25 2008, 09:25 PM

--------------------
[align=center]
[/align]
+Quote Post

2 Pages V  < 1 2
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:09 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.