Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
War on Drugs, No pads, no helmets, just pokeballs
Amissa
post Jul 27 2010, 11:06 PM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 20 696

Uprising Team

"The Gigarte Grotto Disaster", that was what the headlines read when the news finally broke out. After everything that happened, it was impossible to keep the media out of the story. Everyone in Gigarte was outraged about the polluted cave that was secretly housing a dirty factory designed to create a peculiar kind of pokeball. The media attention and fury of the citizenry did have some positive results, however. The greatest thing about it was that tons of volunteers turned out to help clean up, armed with gas masks and protective gear. In the weeks after the discovery, these volunteers worked day and night and did a good job of making the cave safer for people living in homes near the grotto as well as for the police and detectives who needed to search the area. Protestors could be seen in front of Gigarte City Hall waving signs about and chanting "Save Gigarte Grotto, and save our town!" Conspiracy theorists worried that Gigarte had secretly been invaded by industrialists from Petropolis. Also, Daniel Worthington, along with all of the others who first explored the cave and risked their necks to make the discovery, became overnight celebrities.

It was just beginning to warm up in Gigarte after an especially chilly winter season, and Daniel was lounging around on his backyard patio watching as his machop, Hercules practiced some of his new moves. "Let's see your Seismic Toss!" Daniel called, and Hercules reacted by grabbing the practice dummy, leaping into the air and tossing it forcefully down into the yard. Hercules landed nimbly on his toes, flexing his muscles as the dummy crashed against the ground, creating a small depression in the yard and sending some of its stuffing flying. Daniel was always having to buy Hercules more practice dummies because he beat the stuffing out of them so often. This dummy was just a gengar doll, but whenever Hercules punched or hit it, the doll would emit a mechanical evil laughter.

"Good job, Herc. But oh no! Gengar just used Nightshade on you!" Daniel said with a playful grin. Hercules played his part, grabbing his head in exaggerated pain and anguish as though he had just taken a frightening Nightshade attack. "You'd better get some Revenge!" Hercules recovered from the make-believe attack with a fierce make-believe anger glowing in his eyes. The fighting type flew at the pokemon doll with a rolled up fist and hit it with such a powerful uppercut that it sent the doll flying beyond the roof of Daniel's rather large house. "Yay!" Daniel cheered from his seat. "You've just defeated wild Gengar! Come over and have something to drink."

"Maaachop!" Hercules roared, flexing his muscles in a victorious pose. He happily skipped over to take a sip of the berry smoothie that was waiting for him on the patio table. Daniel pet his pokemon on the head, rubbing between the machop's head crests the way that Hercules liked. Hercules had been growing much stronger lately and it seemed to Daniel that he was learning new attacks more quickly. Daniel had been careful to keep working with both of his pokemon despite instructions from his doctor to take it easy for a while. His parents also kept getting on his case, urging him get some rest after he suffered some rather unpleasant injuries as a result of the large fire and the even larger explosion during his adventure investigating Gigarte Grotto.

Therefore, Daniel compromised and settled for training his pokemon while nursing his wounds at the same time. It wasn't as though there wasn't plenty of action to get into at home in Gigarte. For example, Daniel had been contemplating challenging the local gymleader. Training with his pokemon had been going so well that the teenager was quickly running out of reasons as to why he should put off trying for his first gym badge. After all, the worst that could happen was that he would lose and he could always try again later if that happened. His parents agreed with him, and Victor Worthington, Daniel's father, made sure that his son also knew about the new Pokeathalon stadium, Canopy Dome. Being fairly athletic, the idea of engaging in sports events alongside his pokemon sounded like great fun, so Daniel thought he might try that out too.

There was just a few minor problems. One of these was the odd behavior of half of his pokemon team. Geb, his nincada had begun to stray off and isolate himself. He appeared depressed even as Daniel tried to give him extra attention to cheer him up. Unlike Hercules, who always seemed transparent and easy to understand, Geb was more mysterious and more likely to try and deny any problems, especially if they concerned his relationship with his trainer.

Another problem was the discouraging size of his team. Hercules and Geb were like family to him, but Daniel wasn't sure if just the two of them would cut it in a serious matchup. When exploring the grotto, Daniel found himself in the unique situation of fighting for his life and his hometown...and he lost. This sparked a kind of insecurity in Daniel. Yes, he had escaped, but what if he hadn't? What if his friends hadn't been there to save him? He'd have been toast! Not just burnt toast, but the kind of toast that's been crumbled to pieces and thrown out to feed the bird pokemon, but even they won't touch it because they can't recognize it as food. Having more pokemon would mean that he would have more protection from evildoers. Besides, even his parents had begun to ask him when he was planning on catching a pokemon.

Finally, there was the problem of his still lingering injuries. After the final explosion in Daniel's Gigarte Grotto adventure, the exploring trainers managed to escape, but just barely. They had been flung to the ground and Daniel himself had gone unconscious. Soon emergency rescue services arrived, alerted by calls from people complaining about the sound of a large blast. The trainers were rushed to the hospital where they were treated for everything from minor cuts and bruises to severe burns and smoke inhalation. Daniel came out fairly well since he was somewhat protected by the leather jacket that his father gave him just before the journey. That jacket, now ripped, burnt, and smelling faintly of rotten eggs, now stood on display in a place of honor in his family's house as a conversation piece whenever people came to visit. Instead, Daniel had been most affected by the smoke inhalation and even after spending time in the hospital, he often felt short of breath even after just a little bit of exertion. That could cause him big problems if he wanted to try out the Pokeathalon.

Despite these obstacles, Daniel was still drawn to the challenge. He also wanted to have something to show for himself after staying at home for so long. What would his friends from Castle Vonmoto think if they heard that he still hadn't left Gigarte to explore the world like they did? If he met them again soon, he wanted to be able show them that he was working hard too. Just then, his cell phone started ringing and the boy reached into his pocket to answer it.

"Hello? Officer Jenny!" Daniel spoke into his phone. Hercules looked up from his smoothie with interest even though he didn't really get the whole "talking on the phone" jazz. "Oh yeah, I'll be over as soon as possible! I'm always happy to help out. See you soon!" Daniel hung up his phone and leapt out of his seat. "Hercules! Geb! We have work to do!"

Hercules jumped up, flexing his arms in his usual show of bravado, meaning that he was ready to take on any challenge. Geb, however, was nowhere to be seen. Daniel went about searching the yard for his bug pokemon until he found a small burrow near some rose bushes. "Geb, hey buddy, are you down there? I sure hope so, cause I'll probably scream like a little girl if an ekans slithers out of this hole at me." Geb was indeed hiding in the little burrow and climbed out to peek at Daniel when he was summoned. The nincada was never terribly expressive but a lack of appetite and interest in training told Daniel that Geb hadn't felt quite right since they escaped from the grotto. He had probably burrowed near the thorny rose bushes in order to discourage anyone from bothering him while he sulked in solitude.

"I need you to come with me. Officer Jenny wants us to come and help her with some more stuff with the grotto. Come on." Daniel held his arm out to Geb and the insect crawled up the trainer's arm and climbed onto the back of the boy's hoodie. There he clung onto the boy as though he were a tree. This was his preferred way of travelling with Daniel since he didn't move as quickly as the boy and his machop, but he had grown too large to ride on Daniel's shoulder anymore. Daniel himself preferred to have his pokemon out of their pokeballs as much as possible, so carrying a twenty-five pound nincada on his back was a small burden to him. His school book bag had been heavier, or so he insisted when his parents complained.

"Alright then, let's go men!" Daniel said as he and his pokemon headed over to the Police Department. He took off at a brisk walk instead of his usual jog, mindful of his recent breathing problems. It was some distance to the Police Department, but Daniel was still too proud to call a cab or ask Officer Jenny to pick him up. He may have had a tough time lately, but he wasn't a complete invalid after all.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Jul 28 2010, 07:09 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 92 598

Tyler's group

Mack sat on the ground at the edge of the park. He had only come to Gigarte about a week ago, but quickly did quite well for himself with his little custom pokeball business. Over the last 5 years he had become skilled at scrounging around for whatever he needed, and it was particularly easy in Gigarte. Since everything here was recycled, everything was already sorted for him. The first few days Mack was in Gigarte, he was able to fill one of his backpack pockets with electronic parts. Mostly he had collected wires and LEDs, but he had also found a few liquid crystal displays and scrap parts from broken pokeballs as well. He happened to find two old “wet floor” signs that currently sat on either side of him, upon which he had taped:

Mack was just finishing up his latest customer’s pokeball. The young girl sat in the grass a small distance away, spending her time texting someone. Her spinda was laying on its back in the grass next to her. She had requested spirals on her pokeball, which Mack decided to make out of LEDs in locations mimicking the spinda’s spots. After asking her a few questions, Mack found out her favorite color was green, which he decided to use as the LED color, and her spinda’s name was Stumbler. He just finished assembling the display, which he programmed to show Stumbler’s name. He made it so that when the pokemon exited the ball the display would read “Go!” and would read “Welcome back!” for a moment when the spinda returned to its ball.

“Ok, I think it’s done.” Mack called out to the girl. She pocketed her phone and walked back over to Mack, who handed over the ball.

“Ooh! It’s so cute! Chrissy is going to be so jealous.” The girl gushed before handing Mack a wad of cash, scooping up her pokemon, and running off.

Mack folded up his signs, pulled a sandwich out of his backpack, and put his signs back into his backpack. He always felt accomplished after making something cool. He leaned back and rested on the grass, relaxing after focusing on such small components for so long. As he munched on his meal, he saw a somewhat young boy walking at him. Mack swallowed his mouthful and called out to the boy, “Sorry kid, I’m on break. But if you come back in about an hour I can fix you up a real sweet pokeball.”

Mack could see a look of confusion on the boy’s face, who stammered, “Uhh, are you Mack?”

“Yeah,” Mack said as he rewrapped his sandwich and sat up for the moment. “What can I do for you?”

“Well, Officer Jenny asked me to come get you and… and… she said that I should ask you to come see her at the Police Department.” He said before turning to walk away.

Mack hoped he wasn’t in any trouble or anything. He had talked to Officer Jenny a few days prior because she wanted to make sure he wasn’t ruining peoples’ property with his pokeball customizing. She let him continue after he explained his previous work experience designing and creating pokeballs to her, but maybe she had changed her mind. Mack snapped out of it when he realized that she would probably come find him herself if he was in trouble. “Hold on.” He called after the boy. “I’m kind of new in town. Which way is the Police Department?” The boy simply pointed down a street before running off down a different one.

Mack gathered his things together and slipped his guitar and backpack on his back. He wondered if this was the end of his pokeball business in Gigarte as he took another bite from his sandwich, then walked in the direction of the Police Department.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 1 2010, 01:06 PM
Post #3

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 608

Awsome

Who knew that a disaster could be what she needed for business to pick up?

Yes, the "Gigarte Grotto Disaster" had saved her honey farm. Bankruptcy was out of the question now that she was now "a Hero that will go down in Gigarte's textbooks", according to the local news broadcasts. She rarely had free time between her job and work with the police, not to mention all the people inquiring about the Grotto all the time.

She wanted to get back with the others outside of the Police investigations, but life was just hitting her head on with full force. Daniel would probably training his Pokemon, something she had been neglecting to do. Austin and Hope had been flying around, helping with her chores, but haven't battled since the grotto exploded.

Strangely enough, she was probably the one who was harmed least by the blast. She was the first out, dragging the rest behind her. She was knocked out, but didn't suffer many other injuries. She was almost certainly the one paying the least amount of her Pokemon. She felt bad about her neglect, they did help her get through tough times.

Amelia's Family Farm

The bitter cold was fading, and the Combees were beginning to awaken from their slumber. Hope was given the task to direct the other Combees to pollen sources around the area. Amelia stood in one of the gardens where some Crocus was blooming. It was quite quiet, and the only thing that would suggest there was a bustling city beneath her feet was the small ventilation shaft in the center of the garden.

A small gust caressed her hair, presumably from Austin. The small little bird quickly perched onto Amelia's shoulder as she watered the petite flowers. Amelia turned to the small Pidgey and smiled. She stroked the bird's feathers as it began cooing.

"Are you tired?...... Yeah, I should take the day off and spend it with you. Besides, one day without water won't ruin the flowers."

Hope came buzzing by with a company of others, en route to the small flower patch.

"Hope, we are taking the day off and going into town."

Just then her watch's contact app went off. Officer Jenny wanted her to come to the police office again. She reluctantly agreed then switched the watch off again.

"Sorry, guys. Jenny needs us at the Police Station again. I promise we'll have some free time soon, Okay?"

She put the hose down, and went into a brisk jog down the road to the nearest elevator into Gigarte....

--------------------
My websites (click to show)

My Acomplishmnents (click to show)

A pokeplush levels up when clicked, So click it!
Click here to feed me a Rare Candy!
Get your own at Pokeplushies!
Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Amissa
post Aug 4 2010, 02:07 AM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Team

By the time that Daniel had walked the few miles from his home to the police station, he was completely out of breath. He came through the door and did his best to hide his heavy breathing. The blonde male secretary looked over his desk and smiled at the teenager. "Take a minute to rest yourself. Officer Jenny will be out to see you momentarily."

"Right," Daniel responded and took a seat in the lobby. Geb crawled from the back of Daniel's hoodie to sit on his trainer's lap. Hercules took a seat next to Daniel and eyed the boy with concern. "Don't look at me like that," Daniel told Hercules as he began to gently pet his nincada. His breath was quickly evening out and returning to normal. "I'm being careful. I didn't run here. I'm not that stupid."

"Maaaachooop," Hercules whined. He would prefer it if his trainer would stay home, and he felt irritated at Officer Jenny for always making Daniel come down to this place for one thing or another. He didn't quite understand the role of human law enforcement or how his adventure with his trainer was significant to the entire city. Geb didn't understand it either, but he kept any complaints to himself.

"Hey Daniel, good to see you today," Officer Jenny said cheerfully as she exited her private office and entered the lobby. "Sorry for the delay, but we've just been swamped with paperwork since all of this blew up. Plus, we still have our usual patrols to do. People in Gigarte are normally extremely peaceful, but I think the stress and fear from the accident is putting folks over the edge."

"Sorry," Daniel replied sheepishly, a slight pink blush coming to his cheeks as the lady walked towards him. He really couldn't think of anything else to say.

"It's not your fault, dear, no need to apologize. I would have preferred if you guys had come to the police before running in, though. You guys could have seriously gotten hurt or died in there! Honestly, running in on pure rumor...we'd been getting calls about the smell, and we were putting together a group of professionals to investigate. Just what were all of you thinking, going into that cave on your own without even telling anyone where you were going?"

"Sorry," Daniel said again. This one he had heard from everyone, from the doctors and nurses at the hospital, to his parents. Every time, all he could do was shrug his shoulders and tell them that it had certainly seemed like a good idea at the time, and more importantly, everyone else was doing it. Officer Jenny had already heard his reasoning once, and the scolding look that she gave him now said that she still found it unamusing.

"We've got it well closed off by now to prevent any unauthorized people from entering. But I thought that you might be able to help me today. I need you to show me where you and the others met those men that you told me about, the men who were running the factory. I've called Amelia to help out as well. The two of you were the only ones from your original group that I've been able to get in contact with. I've also called on another fellow, one who knows a thing or two about making pokeballs. Hopefully, he can help give us some understanding of just what these things do." Officer Jenny sat down in one of the lobby chairs as she spoke, pulling out the dark, murky looking pokeball that Daniel had given her after his escape. "I don't dare to use it on any pokemon, especially since all of my pokemon act like they're afraid of it. I wonder if they sense anything about it?"

Officer Jenny fell to examining the pokeball in her hand as Daniel gazed off out of a window. He listened to the radio that was playing softly over the secretary's computer speakers.

Because your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love, your love, your love
I said your love, your love, your love, is my drug
Your love, your love, your love

Daniel could feel his sanity slowly seeping out of his ears and he prayed that someone would soon arrive, or speak, or do something to distract him.

OOC (click to show)

This post has been edited by Amissa: Aug 4 2010, 02:15 PM

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 8 2010, 01:14 PM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

The elevator was surprisingly silent. Amelia couldn't remember the last time she had gone down the elevator by herself. There was only the soft flapping of wings and a little click from the elevator itself. She slumped against the slick back wall made of stainless steel. She let out a sigh of relief, it was stressful dealing with the investigation and the business. She could never relax anymore, it was to bad she couldn't just hangout with her Pokemon today. When would the investigations finally clam down?

As the elevator opened up into the quaint cave-town, she went off again into a run. It wasn't long before the Police station had come into view. Daniel was staring out the window! Guilt plopped a stone into her stomach. She couldn't be seen running around him, it would make him feel bad about his health. It was her fault that they went into the cave in the first place. Of course she had been scolded by the police, the medical workers, her parents and even her uncle, but at least she practically had the same health. It was her fault that he was of poor health.

She slowed down to a casual walk hoping he didn't notice. She was so caught up in guilt she didn't notice that she had already made it to the police station. She smiled and waved at Daniel as she passed him at the window before entering through the door not far away.

"Hi Daniel, Hi Officer Jenny!"

She tried to sound cheerful, but the stress had been so great that her guilt was apparent. She noticed a strange song was playing on the radio, and Jenny was tossing around one of the mysterious Pokeballs in her hands...

OOC (click to show)

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Aug 8 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Mack sauntered down the road that the kid had directed him down, his mind processing a flurry of worries. Was he in trouble, or wasn't he? He didn't think he had done anything too bad, unless the people of Gigarte didn't take too kindly to people who took things out of their recycling bins. Why would Officer Jenny send a child to find him? Maybe she was too busy at the police station to find him herself. He doubted that she was interested in buying a custom pokeball from him, but it was a possibility.

Whatever the case, he realized that he should probably tidy up a bit before actually getting to the station. He'd been worse off in the past, but with the lack of a breeze in Gigarte, the little sweating he had been doing over the past few days really clung to him. He would have to be quick about it. He figured it was a bad move to keep a police officer waiting. Fortunately, he had figured out how to clean up in a hurry over the past five years.

As he crossed a street, he noticed an electric car charging station on the corner. Bing-dong! the electric chime sounded as he entered the gas station. A short, pudgy, blonde woman stood behind the counter, ringing up a man's purchase. Mack walked into the restroom in the back. Single occupancy, excellent. He thought as he locked the door behind him.

A few moments later, Mack exited the restroom smelling of hand soap, his hair slicked back, and his dirty headband now packed away in his backpack. He stood in line behind another customer as he looked over the selection of mints and chewing gums. "Have a nice day." He heard the attendant say just before the customer left. Mack picked up a pack of minty sugar free gum.

"Just this." He said before paying with his hard earned, wrinkly money, and headed back outside. He popped a piece of gum into his mouth. Content with his current level of hygiene, Mack decided he had wasted enough time and needed to speed up his trip to the police station. He took his one roller blade, a blue, left one, out of his backpack and put it on, leaving the shoe on his other foot.

Mack had been gliding down the road, pushing himself with his shoe clad foot for only a couple of minutes before finding the police station. He stopped and switched his roller blade for the regular, albeit mismatched, shoe in his backpack before entering.

He caught the end of some song on the radio as he walked in. There were two kids to his right, and Officer Jenny in front of him. "Hi, Miss, Mrs., Officer Jenny... You wanted to see me?" Mack wiped the sweat from his forehead and gulped in nervousness, accidentally swallowing his gum.

This post has been edited by deyv87: Aug 17 2010, 12:56 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Amissa
post Aug 9 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"Hey Amelia!" Daniel smiled and greeted the older girl cheerfully. "How have you been? Your pokemon look healthy." The young trainer sat forward in his chair, excited to see her familiar face. Geb waved a claw amiably at Amelia as well. Even though the nincada didn't really know Amelia, Daniel clearly did, and Geb wanted to be polite and friendly to Daniel's friends. Hercules, however, simply cast a wary glance up at the girl and her pokemon. He looked uncomfortable and looked away, purposely ignoring her. He'd been around both Amelia and Officer Jenny enough recently to be ambivalent to the women, but not enough to be friendly.

Officer Jenny looked up from the pokeball in her lap to send a welcoming smile Amelia's way. "Hello Amelia! I'm glad you made it here quickly."

Shortly after Amelia came in, a somewhat raggedy looking man arrived. The man's short beard and dirty, torn up clothes gave him an unkempt look. Oddly enough, even though Daniel was a spoiled rich kid, he didn't find these attributes to be terribly remarkable. This was Gigarte, after all, full of proud nature-loving hippies. Some people loved nature so much that they felt the need to leave all worldly possessions behind and live outdoors. His only great worry was that the man was coming to beg the group for money, which caused Daniel to frown and look away. His goal was to make himself appear unapproachable, because he knew he was a sucker. Whenever people asked him for favors or especially money, he couldn't help giving in. He turned right back around, however, when he heard the man stutter something about Officer Jenny wanting to see him too.

"Why yes, thank you for coming, Mack! Come in, please, and sit down. And you can just call me Jenny, Mack, or Officer." Officer Jenny greeted the man kindly and waved for him to take a seat next to Daniel and Amelia. "Mack, this is Amelia Himan and this is Daniel Worthington. They've been helping me with a special investigation. You see, we're very strict about pollution and garbage here in Gigarte. We try to keep everything as clean as possible. So, when these two and a few other trainers discovered a secret factory hidden in an unexplored grotto, it created a bit of an uproar. Some men were down there manufacturing pokeballs." Officer Jenny held up the ball for Mack to see. "Daniel salvaged a few of these from the factory before they tried to destroy all of the evidence by blowing the place up. I'm not really sure how much you know about pokeballs, but I know that you work with them. You're really the only one that I could think of who might be any help with this. It would be a great help with our investigation if you could lend any expertise that you have to help us find out just what these mysterious pokeballs do." With that, the police officer tossed the dark, murky pokeball over to Mack for him to look over more closely.

"I was also hoping the you might be willing to go into the grotto with us today. I need Amelia and Daniel to show me where they found these pokeballs, and I think it would help if you came along." Officer Jenny looked over at Amelia and Daniel. "I know this has been pretty trying on you guys, but if we learn enough information today, we may not need to take you two into the grotto again. The sooner we can discover who was behind all of this, the sooner everyone in Gigarte can rest a little easier. We'll be equipped with safety gear, and the cleanup crews have done a good job of making the cave safer. Plus, I'll be there with you in case something unexpected happens."

Officer Jenny straightened somewhat in her chair, looking more formal and less friendly all of a sudden. "Your cooperation in this criminal investigation is greatly appreciated." Daniel understood this tone and this statement to mean, "You'll do it because I want you too." And of course, he would do it for just that reason. It was pretty difficult to tell a police officer "no" when she put it that way.

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Aug 12 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Mack took a seat as instructed, nodded at the two children when they were introduced, then held back a gulp when she mentioned pollution. She didn't think his pokeball shop was causing pollution, did she? He was quickly relieved when he realized she was talking about someone else. Mack caught the black pokeball Jenny tossed to him, and resisted the urge to instantly pop it open to look inside. He listened to what the officer was saying, but was already scrutinizing the ball in his hand. It felt heavier than a normal pokeball, so it obviously contained additional components. Of course, that wasn't saying much, considering the same applied to pretty much every pokeball variant. Mack couldn't quite tell if the color on the ball was a type of paint, or just the natural color of the material.

Mack's head snapped up when Officer Jenny's voice changed tone. "Your cooperation in this criminal investigation is greatly appreciated," she said somewhat sternly. Mack gave her a thumbs up.

Mack waited a few seconds. He didn't want to interrupt the police officer. Once he was sure she was finished, his excitement about inspecting a new type of pokeball overwhelmed him. He started, "So, when did you want to head out there?" He grabbed a screwdriver from his belt, slid a nearby chair in front of him, and set the black pokeball on the seat as if it were a work bench. He hunched over the pokeball, popped it open with his screwdriver, and continued, "Because, y'know, dismantling this thing to fully understand it could take a while. I just want to take a quick looksie, though." He peered inside the ball. "This will only take a minute," he mumbled while prodding at a few electrical parts. Every few seconds he would mumble something, mostly to himself. "Well, this bit here must be the holding matrix, but why is it so weak? Wouldn't a pokemon escape?" "That's a nifty design for a power core." "Heh, I could make that stasis grid in my sleep." "Where did they hide the transfer cell?" "Wait, what is that?" "Is that a sustenance packet?"

Mack finally clicked the pokeball closed and sat back up. "Sorry about that... but yeah, I think I've got a pretty decent idea how this one works now. It actually seems inferior to a normal pokeball. I mean, it looks like it could catch a pokemon just fine, but there's very little preventing one from escaping the ball if it wanted to. I don't fully understand it, but I'll probably be more useful now." Mack hoped he had a chance to really study, and perhaps make a blueprint for, this pokeball. He slid the chair back into place before asking, "Mind if I hold onto this one?" while holding up the black pokeball. "I mean, you mentioned that several were salvaged..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 13 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Amelia sighed of relief when Officer Jenny and Daniel didn't notice the melancholy tone of her voice. Apparently they were going to be working with a poorly groomed Pokeball maker. He smelled faintly smelled of hand soap, but it was apparent that he found the moderate temperature of Gigarte to be warm from the beads of sweat which he had to wipe off sub-frequently. True, it was warmer here than the surface, but that was because it was the beginning of Spring. Perhaps he spent time in Arasam...

Jenny wished for them to go back to the cave, now rid of the sulfur and other chemicals that had plagued them before. She couldn't say no now, there definitely wasn't going to be relaxation time with her pokemon now. Hopefully she could take tomorrow off.

Mack, the pokeball maker, looked one of the darkened pokeballs over and dissected it carefully before reaching his conclusion, which he promptly stated to the group. The conclusion wasn't quite satisfying, why would people make weak pokeballs if it gave off so much more pollution than regular balls? Amelia remained silent and waited for Jenny to make her move.

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Amissa
post Aug 14 2010, 11:21 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Team

"It actually makes sense, a little bit," Daniel said thoughtfully after hearing Mack's conclusion. "We had to fight their pokemon in order to escape. They were pretty ticked that we found out their secret, you know. They kept their pokemon in these pokeballs, and the pokemon were all...weird. I don't really know how to describe it. They were sort of...dead inside...like zombie pokemon." Daniel trailed off as Officer Jenny raised an eyebrow at him. "It's true!" Beside him, Hercules nodded his head vigorously to back up his trainer.

"I don't think they would need anything to hold the pokemon inside. These pokemon didn't seem to act or think on their own. They didn't even behave as though they felt pain. It was kinda disturbing." Daniel explained while petting the nincada in his lap.

Officer Jenny sighed, stood up, and placed her hands on her hips. "Well, it was in your group's original reports, so it's not that I don't believe you when you say it, Daniel. It's just that it's beyond bizarre, especially when you put it the way that you do. Honestly, zombie pokemon! Your parents shouldn't let you watch so much T.V." Daniel gave the officer a hurt expression, but she continued on, ignoring him. "Of course you can keep the pokeball, Mack. I expected that you'd need some time to really figure it out, so hold onto it as long as you need to. However, we really ought to be heading to the grotto right away. We definitely don't want to be in there when the sun goes down. A lot of the more dangerous wild pokemon become active after sunset, and we don't want to disturb the pokemon who have managed to make a habitat out of the place. It's sad to think of what kinds of pokemon might have lived in the cave that may have now gone extinct, but at least some of the hardier species still remain."

"By 'hardier species', you mean the ghosts. Yes, let's please hurry before too many ghosts become active." Daniel said, standing up as well and allowing Geb to climb back onto his hoodie. The bug pokemon scaled his trainer and clung to the back of the garment, trying to suppress the shame he felt at having to be carried around all of the time. He'd grown a lot larger and a great deal stronger since he'd been in Daniel's care. If only he were faster, he would be able to keep up with his trainer instead of feeling like he was a burden.

"Come on then, if you guys are ready. We can take the police car." Officer Jenny replied and led the group outside and invited them to ride in her car.

Daniel recalled Geb and Hercules into their pokeballs in order to conserve space. He then smiled at Amelia, feeling the familiar shyness that he often felt around girls. "You can ride in the front seat if you want. I'm okay with riding in back." With that, the young trainer climbed into the back seat behind Officer Jenny.

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Aug 17 2010, 01:41 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Mack followed the group out to the police car, pocketing the mysterious pokeball. Almost by habit, Mack stood by the passenger side back door and waited a moment before realizing he wasn't in hand cuffs and would have to open the door himself. He opened the door, took off his backpack and guitar, and slid into the car. With his backpack in his lap and the guitar between his legs, he closed the door.

Mack considered what Daniel had said about "zombie pokemon." If the pokemon were so passive that this child described them as "dead inside," that might explain why the holding matrix was so weak. No need for a strong prison when the prisoners don't try to escape, I guess. Mack pondered. However, if the prisoners don't try to escape, why spend the resources to build a special facility when you've got an ample supply of preexisting jails? This metaphor reminds me of that one movie... what was it? One Flew Over the Farfetch'd's Nest! But are the patients in the prison because they're crazy, or do they become crazy while in the prison? It's been so long since I've seen it. Obviously, this is vital information.

Mack snapped back to reality, glancing around the car to make sure nobody else was having a conversation he would interrupt. "Say, has anyone here seen One Flew Over the Farfetch'd's Nest? I was just trying to remember if the patients are already crazy, or if they become crazy while in the prison. Erm, I mean the... what was it? Facility? Complex? Asylum? You know what I mean."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Jonahman10
post Aug 17 2010, 02:27 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Awsome

Daniel's explanation of the pokemon fit well. They should of feinted long before the time they did. Zombie was exactly what they were, blindly following orders without a single thought. If they were regular pokemon Daniel would've won that battle easily. Amelia tried to interject to side with Daniel, but Jenny's personality could easily overpower a Dragonite!

Last time they were there, the group had encountered a ghost pokemon. Unfortunately, Amelia didn't see it until after they escaped because she had gone ahead of the rest of the group. Amelia wasn't afraid of ghost pokemon, but from what she heard they were very mischievous and could jeopardize the investigation if one decided to pull a prank...

As they headed out the door Daniel kindly offered her the front seat position with an off character timidness. Before she could politely decline, both seats in the back were taken. She had no choice but to sit up front with Officer Jenny. She would have felt more comfortable in the back with Daniel, but she couldn't put her mind to ease with Mack. Mack seemed nice, but it seemed like he could easily be mistaken for a criminal. Was Daniel safe with a man like that? Of course, if anything need be done they were only a few feet behind them, but still. It would explain why he was sweating, and also why Officer Jenny knew of him. Then again, Officer Jenny wouldn't work with someone unsafe, would she? ...

Amelia was surprised when the silence of the electric car was broken by the rough voice of Mack. She had never seen the movie, she was too busy most of the time to watch that sort of stuff. She did here it was good, but movies weren't her sort of thing...

--------------------

Friend's eggs

My eggs;
+Quote Post

Amissa
post Aug 18 2010, 09:02 PM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Officer Jenny drove off after everyone was safely in the car. She headed over to Maple Street, which was the closest street to the grotto. From there it would just be a short walk to the area.

"I dunno. I've never seen that movie before," Daniel said. That one was a bit before his time. It sounded familiar though. This was the first time that he was close enough to Mack to notice the smell of hand soap. He found that a bit peculiar, but not strange enough to think about too hard. "Cool guitar, dude."

"Most of the patients were at the asylum because they were crazy. Except for the main character. He was given shock therapy and a lobotomy, which left him a mess at the end." Officer Jenny said as she drove. "That seems a little random. Why did you think of that, Mack? We're almost there by the way."

Through the window, the beautiful scenery of Gigarte was clearly visible. It was unlike any other city in Furoh. There were almost no tall buildings, but there were tons of gardens, farms, and small businesses. When they drove into the suburban area, the streets were lined with many small houses with huge yards. Even though everything was underground, many of the homes seemed surrounded by a sort of private forest. Some of the houses were even built especially to fit in the branches of particularly large trees. Home gardens were especially popular and it appeared that many houses competed for who could have the largest and most elaborate gardens. Extra points were given if the garden had pokemon living in it.

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

Aureylian
post Aug 19 2010, 07:06 PM
Post #14

Lady of Time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 095

Favorites

After the explosion, Delainey and her pokemon, along with the others, were taken straight to the hospital. She had a few burns and scratches, but nothing too serious. She spent a week there, seeing as they wouldn't let her leave. They were afraid that the smoke had caused some serious damage and didn't want her to go until she was fully checked out. They wanted her to stay longer, but she had talked her doctor into letting her leave, as long as she got weekly visits from him.

The group had become famous in Gigarte and were paid a large amount of money for helping the town. Delainey was not used to so many people wanting to talk to her, so she moved into a hidded house in the forest around Mt. Carello. She enjoyed living in the forest; it was quiet, peaceful. There was no one there to bother her.

In her self-isolation, she spent time bonding and training her pokemon. Her newest pokemon, Phoebe, was a handful. She would always wander away, not very far, though, from Delainey and mess with the local pokemon. It was her nature, being a ghost pokemon, so Delainey wasn't too hard on her.

All of her other pokemon, especialy Axel, her Cyndaquil, were becoming a lot stronger. She thought that if she leveled them up enough, she could battle the closest gym leader. She loved battling, it was her passion. When she was battling, she was always happy. Well, except when her pokemon got hurt. She had no family and they were everything to her. They were her family.

Since she was out in the forest alone, Delainey had picked up some new hobbies. With the money she had recieved, she went and bought a piano. Whenever she wasn't battling, she was teaching herself how to play. Even though she waasn't that good yet, her pokemon would sit there and listen, cheering her on.

-------------

Delainey pulled a small pokeball out of her bag. The ball was completely black and would not open for her. She pressed the button and even tried to force it open, but it didn't budge. I guess I just shouldn't bother... she thought to herself. Everytime her pokemon went near the ball, they would growl and walk away, like it was possesed. She placed it on her desk and left it there, to figure it out later. Maybe.

-------------

After a while, Delainey eventually made her way back to Gigarte. She had slightly missed the town and wanted to see how everything was going. When she got there, she noticed that all of the people were a lot more cautious then before, but who could blame them? The beloved city had been polluted under their noses.

A small boy had bumped into her just as she reached the city. "Are you Delainey?" he asked.

"Yes. Who are you?" She was very curoius as to how the boy knew who she was, but then she remembered that they were a bit famous.

"I was just coming to find you. Officer Jenny sent me. She said that she had been trying to get a hold of you, but I guess she had no luck. So she sent me!"

The boy was talking very fast, children were always so hyper at that age. "Where is she?"

"She's down at the cave. She wants me to bring you there. Now!" He grabbed her hand before she could respond and dragged her off to the cave.

--------------------
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Aug 23 2010, 10:35 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Mack knew it would be a bit of a long shot for anyone in the car to have seen the movie. He had watched it when he was a kid, and he was pretty sure he was the oldest person in the car. Officer Jenny looked like she could be in her late twenties, at the absolute oldest; however, Mack never was very good at guessing ages. The other two passengers Mack could simply identify as, "teenagers." As such, he wasn't surprised when the youngsters said that they hadn't seen the movie.

The boy next to him, Daniel, if he remembered correctly, complimented his guitar. Before he had a chance to properly thank him, Officer Jenny began talking. Mack threw up "The Horns" (by extending his left index and pinky fingers) and smiled at Daniel as Jenny spoke. Mack then registered what she was saying and snapped his attention on her. Aah, so that's why I thought of both, different things happened to different patients.

"Heh, yeah... I suppose that was a little out of the blue," Mack conceded, "This pokeball situation just reminded me of that movie. I figure if the pokemon were... zombified like Danny here says, then either the pokemon were made that way before or after being put in the pokeballs." Mack paused for a moment before continuing. "Now that I say it out loud, it's kind of an obvious statement, though. Still, it's an important distinction, and if we knew which it was, maybe it'd help figure out what was making all the pollution. I mean, making pokeballs doesn't usually make too much pollution. And from what I hear, Gigarte pokeballs are seven shades of eco-friendly."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Amissa
post Aug 27 2010, 10:08 PM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Daniel gave Mack a wide grin in response to the hand gesture. That sign was one that was recognized by rockers and music lovers everywhere. It then occured to him that Mack might be an Indie rocker and that maybe grunge was his look. Of course, he might not be a very successful musician since he presumably had a day job working with pokeballs.

Officer Jenny smiled at Mack's comments about Gigarte's pokeballs as well. "Oh yes! You really ought to visit the mall while you're here. There are many people in town who know how to make pokeballs out of apricorns just like the very first pokeballs were created. We've perfected the art, of course. You can get heavy balls for catching heavy pokemon, fast balls for catching fast pokemon, friend balls for making pokemon more friendly, and lots of others too. Of course, the catch is that you need to bring your own apricorns, but those grow all over Gigarte."

"We have some growing in my yard actually," Daniel chipped in, happy to have moved onto a more positive topic than zombie pokemon and crazy people. "Berries too."

"Here we are." Officer Jenny said as she parked along the side of the road. She exited the car and gestured towards an area that was taped all around with yellow police tape. Nearby was a makeshift police checkpoint manned by a single police officer. "Hey Ted! How have things been?"

The police officer, a bored and burly looking man waved back at Jenny. "All quiet today, except for this girl. Is she one of yours." The man jabbed a thumb in Delainey's direction causing Jenny to smile.

"Yeah, that one's with me too."

"Delainey! What's up?" Daniel yelled over to the girl and waved at her as he exited the police car. He didn't approach her right away, however, just in case her ghost pokemon was out and he just couldn't see her.

A little boy appeared behind Delainey and ran up to Officer Jenny. The police officer slipped some money into the little boy's hand before the child skipped off down the street. "With all of the commotion, we're a little understaffed. I needed to hire a bit of extra help." The officer explained to her group as she gestured for Delainey to join them.

"As you can see, we've set up a perimeter around the area. We've also made a checkpoint so that no one comes in or out of the cave without police approval. We'll need some safety gear before you go in. Here's some gloves and gas masks that we've kept stored at this checkpoint. Delainey, thank you so much for coming! We're trying to understand just what happened here and it would be great if you would come along with us and show us where you had that confrontation that you guys talked about." Officer Jenny offered thick yellow gloves to everyone in the group and small gas masks which would cover their nose and mouth and protect them from any pockets of bad air that they might encounter. "Daniel, come over here and put these on before you go in," she said as she looked around for the teenage boy who had apparently wandered closer to the cave.

Daniel had actually ducked under the yellow tape while Officer Jenny was talking and was looking around the area, his dark brown eyes searching for anything that didn't quite fit. "You said that the volunteers cleaned up this area. So what smells so bad?"

Officer Jenny gave the air and experimental sniff and quickly held a gas mask over her own face. "Ugh, it wasn't this bad the last time I was here. I'm not sure what that could be."

Suddenly, Daniel heard the rustling of some long grass nearby and jumped back as a dark looking pokemon crawled out and observed the group. At first, the boy had no idea what to make of it. He'd never seen a stunky before, though he knew that they were around. The creature really stank, so much so that Daniel couldn't tell which was worse, the scent of the pokemon or the smell of the cave the first time that he and the others had entered. Daniel locked eyes with the critter, and he immediately got an idea.

"I'm gonna catch it!" Daniel announced as he reached for his pokeballs and called out Geb, his nincada. The stunky's eyes widened when it heard this declaration and turned around, pointing its rear towards Daniel and his pokemon. It then appeared to fart an inky black smoke, obscuring the trainer's vision. "Yeah, gross. That must be its smokescreen attack."

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Sep 1 2010, 10:18 PM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Mack listened politely as Officer Jenny explained about apricorn pokeballs. Despite his extensive training and experience in the field of pokeball technology, Mack knew relatively little about apricorns. His nine years of professional pokeball study was performed on pretty much the opposite sides of the continent, in Petropolis, then in Barley. Thus, his goals for making pokeballs were never eco-friendliness, but rather appeal to the customer and profitability.

Mack was fairly disappointed when Jenny finished talking about the pokeballs, though. She hadn't actually told him anything that he didn't already know. In fact, one of Mack's main reasons for staying in Gigarte was to pick up a few apricorn balls for himself so he could examine them and perhaps cannibalize them to improve his own pokeballs.

They had reached their destination, and before Mack could properly don his equipment, Jenny signaled the group to follow her to a tapped off area. Not wanting to be left behind, Mack clutched his possessions to his chest as he followed. Once the group was finally stationary, Mack slid his guitar onto his back, followed by his backpack. Just as he was adjusting his pack straps to a more comfortable length, Jenny handed Mack the safety gear.

Ok, this is going to be cumbersome. Mack thought as he attached the gas mask to his face. I doubt I'll need my guitar in there, though. Mack tried to get Officer Jenny's attention after putting the gloves on, but her back was turned as she spoke to a kid who looked an awful lot like Daniel. Mack looked to his side where Daniel had been only to see that the kid past the police tape actually was Daniel. How on earth did he sneak over there without me noticing?

"I'm gonna catch it!" Daniel announced as Mack tapped Officer Jenny's shoulder.

"Excuse me, Jenny? Is your car unlocked? I was hoping I could leave my guitar in there while we're doing this." Mack said fairly loudly. He didn't know how well his voice would carry though this gas mask, and clearly had over compensated, as Officer Jenny jumped at Mack's voice. She pulled a remote from her pocket and pointed it at her car as it beeped unlocked.

"It is now, just hurry back, and lock it when you're done." Jenny smiled at him before returning her attention to Daniel's antics.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Aureylian
post Sep 4 2010, 05:22 PM
Post #18

Lady of Time.
Group Icon

Member No.: 52 095

Favorites

The little boy tugged on Delainey's arm as hard as she could, but she refused to move before she had an explanation. "Why does officer Jenny want to see me?" The little boy put all of his strength into trying to move Delainey, even making an odd face in concentration. "Tell me and I'll move." But he wouldn't speak. "Can you at least tell me your name?" He was tired and could not pull on her arm any longer.

"My name is Xander." He breathed heavily. Apparently, pulling against a stubborn girl was harder than it sounded.

"Well, hello Xander. Now, are you going to tell me what she wants?"

"She's going back into the cave, I guess. I don't know. She didn't tell me. But she wants you there NOW. So... come... on!" Xander pulled on her arm again, this time she followed him. Delainey was very curious as to what Officer Jenny would want.

-------------

When Delainey got to the cave, there was a man standing in front, guarding the entrance. He put his hand in front of her, like he thought she was going to go into the cave. "I'm sorry, miss, but you're going to have to leave."

"I'm supposed to be here. I was told Officer Jenny would meet me here."

"Well, she ain't here yet, so we'll see if you check out when she gets here. Until then, you can go sit on that bench over there." He pointed to the right of him, to a small, beat up looking bench.

Delainey was beginning to get a little annoyed with the cop. It was like she was the problem, or something. She walked over to the bench and sat down on it. The bench was old and wobbled a little as she sat down on it. She figured that it wasn't all that safe, so she moved slowly down to the ground. She reached into her bag and pulled out Axel, her Cyndaquil. The red light morphed into his shape, "Cynda!"

"Hi Axel." She smiled. He was her pride and joy, basically like her baby. He crawled into her lap and laid down. She petted his head while they waited for Officer Jenny.

A few minutes went by and Officer Jenny pulled up in her car, which was filled with people. The first person she saw was Daniel who she waved and said hi too.

This post has been edited by Ozzy: Jun 2 2011, 03:26 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Amissa
post Sep 8 2010, 12:09 AM
Post #19

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Uprising Team

Stunky's smokescreen attack made it difficult for Daniel to see the fighting pokemon. However, the nincada's compoundeyes ability allowed him to see much better than his trainer. Geb's accuracy was normally quite exceptional, but with the smokescreen it was only about average. Daniel, however, was relying on Geb's attacks to hit because he wanted his pokemon to do a lot of damage right away.

"Geb, use your fury swipes!" Daniel shouted as he waved his arms around in front of his face in the hopes of blowing away some of the smokescreen. He saw shapes moving in the smoke and soon he heard the sounds of the stunky chittering angrily as Gebs claws raked its sides. The trainer listened closely and counted the strikes....one, two, three, four, and five. Daniel smiled at the sound of the fifth. That meant that Geb must have really gone to work on the other pokemon. It would probably be weak enough to capture after taking so many hits at once.

Daniel reached into the side pocket of his back pack and pulled out a pokeball. The stunky was still chittering angrily over being attacked, so Daniel had no trouble knowing exactly where it was. He threw the pokeball and it hit its mark, sucking in the stunky in a blast of red light. "Yeah!" Daniel cried, jumping in the air happily. "We did it Geb!" Unfortunately, Daniel's celebration was premature. The pokeball rocked on the ground once and then exploded. Now Daniel was looking at an extremely angry stunky standing on top of the remains of a busted pokeball. "Oops, not quite."

The ticked off poison type ran at Geb with a vengeance. The nincada squealed in surprise as it found itself on the wrong end of Stunky's own fury swipes. The skunk pokemon raked its claws along Geb's body five times, each strike doing much more damage than Geb's own attacks had done. Geb emitted some weak clicking noises as he backed away from the stunky and closer to his trainer. As he came closer, Daniel could clearly see the damage that was done and Geb's pitiful clicking made Daniel furrow his brow with worry.

"What? But he only hit you with one attack..." Daniel muttered. He was already disappointed in his botched capture attempt, but now it was seriously looking like this stunky was going to defeat his nincada. Daniel was very proud with how much training he did with his pokemon. He thought of them as much stronger than they had been last time he came out to the grotto. How could this wild pokemon do so much damage to Geb, who he trained with almost every day. Daniel grit his teeth and growled, "We have to catch it! We can't let it get away!" He needed this stunky on his team. It was the missing piece to this team, Daniel was sure of it. "Try it again, Geb! Don't give up! Fury swipes attack!" Daniel shouted.

Geb rallied his courage and leapt back into the fray. He went after Stunky and landed two swipes against the tough wild pokemon. Stunky came back with a poison gas attack, but Geb was cautious and backed off quickly after he landed his strikes. This way he was nowhere around when Stunky released his toxic stink.

"Good job, Geb! Now try a scratch attack!" Daniel called. He called for scratch instead of fury swipes because he was worried about doing too much damage to Stunky and knocking it out completely. The chance of that was slim since even after two successful fury swipes attacks, Stunky only appeared to be down to about half of its health. It was growing weary and Geb's little claws had left some unpleasant scraped on its flanks, but the wounds weren't deep and it still had plenty of fight left. Daniel's greater worry was for Geb. He knew that fury swipes was not a particularly accurate attack even though it had the chance of doing more damage than a simple scratch attack. Right now, he wanted the attack to be reliable so that he could throw another pokeball and give Geb some rest. If Geb was hit with even one fairly powerful attack, he was sure to faint.

Geb hung back only to ensure that the poison gas had dissipated. After that, he hurried back to the little skunk and gave it a powerful scratch across its face. Stunky whimpered and growled. The fire in its eyes definitely worried Daniel so he quickly yanked out another pokeball and sent if flying at the dark type. Again, there was a flare of red light as Stunky was sucked inside the device. Then the little ball shook fitfully on the ground before the trainer and his pokemon. Finally, a tone sounded and the ball went still. Stunky had been captured.

"Yes! Yes! Yes! I caught a pokemon! Hey guys, did you see it?" Daniel shouted after he plucked the pokeball off the ground. The stunky smell still hung in the air even as he headed back to the group to show them the pokeball that held his new team member. "I caught it! Did you see? I'd never caught a pokemon before! It was so awesome!"

"Yes, we're all very happy for you. Now put on this mask and these gloves so that we can all get moving already." Officer Jenny said. She was clearly making an effort not to be amused, but the smile bravely fought its way onto her face despite her best efforts. "As soon as everyone has their equipment on, we can all go into the cave. We've strung lights up most of the way, but we'll need the flashlights for where we want to go. Please take what you need and follow me." Officer Jenny handed out the thick yellow gloves, gas masks, and flashlights to Daniel, Amelia, Delainey, and Mack after he returned from her car.

"Daniel!" Officer Jenny cried suddenly, causing the teen to look up and wonder what she was yelling at him about now. "Your nincada!" There was a look in her eyes that frightened Daniel, so he quickly turned back around to look for his pokemon.

"Geb!" Daniel shouted, but his yell was muffled by the mask that he wore. He pulled it off and found Geb still in the area where they had just battled Stunky. He was unsure why Geb hadn't followed him when he went back to Officer Jenny, but he worried that Geb may have been more seriously injured than he had guessed. The trainer set his back pack down and quickly dug inside for a potion. When he pulled out the medicine, he realized that Geb was glowing. The smokescreen attack had been gradually fading away, but it still blurred Geb's image somewhat. It looked extremely bizarre, as though a crack had opened in the back of the nincada and a whole new pokemon was crawling out. There was a buzzing noise as the creature tested its wings and the glowing faded along with the last remnants of the smokescreen attack. Now, Daniel could clearly see that before him was no longer a nincada but a ninjask.

"Really?" Daniel whipped out his pokedex and pointed it at Geb's new form.

"Ninjask! Because it moves so quickly, it sometimes becomes unseeable. When it evolves from nincada, it learns many new moves such as Bug Bite, Fury Cutter, Double Team, and Screech." The pokedex reported dryly.

"Whoa! Geb, you're fast now?" Daniel asked. It was almost unbelievable, but Geb had long ago had all that he could take of being slow. While fighting Stunky, he came closer than he ever wanted to come to being defeated by a wild pokemon. It had been his turning point, where he decided that he would never be slow ever again. Now the pokemon celebrated by buzzing around Daniel's head. At times, he really did move so fast that he became invisible to Daniel's eyes. "This is so cool! But you could still use a potion, so be still for one second, okay?" Daniel quickly applied the potion to Geb and it appeared to help the pokemon a little. The scratches left from the battle faded a bit and the newly evolved ninjask appeared to have more energy than before even if he wasn't quite at a hundred percent. Glancing down at where the shell had been left from the pokemon's evolution, Daniel was a bit surprised to find it missing. He'd been hoping to keep it as a souvenir or something, but he just shrugged and walked back to the others with Geb buzzing overhead.

"Okay, I'm ready for real this time." Daniel said as he adjusted the mask and put on the gloves. "Geb, return! If I need to wear a gas mask, I don't want you in there breathing noxious fumes either." Geb then disappeared in a flash of red light back to the pokeball in Daniel's hand.

"Let's go then. Onwards!" Officer Jenny said, leading the way into the cave. Indeed, the insides were much less foreboding with the light bulbs strung along the top. However, as Officer Jenny quickly explained, the lights would come down as soon as the investigation was over in the interest of protecting wild pokemon who liked to live in the dark. "Also, please avoid bringing in any open flames. This is a sulfur mine, and no amount of cleaning up will change that. It's still very dangerous."

Pokemon Capture (click to show)

Pokemon Evolution (click to show)

This post has been edited by Amissa: Jul 1 2011, 06:57 PM

--------------------

Daniel Worthington

[/align]
+Quote Post

deyv87
post Sep 21 2010, 11:28 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Tyler's group

Mack walked up and stopped behind Jenny as she addressed the rest of the party, then took the flashlight she handed him. Apparently Daniel hadn't quite finished his antics, as Officer Jenny once again cried out his name. Apparently Daniel's bug was evolving, but Mack was busy looking over his new flashlight. It wasn't bad. It was definitely bought with government money, though. If Mack had a few minutes, he knew he could turn it into a proper flashlight. He could replace the bulb with something more powerful, and although running on D batteries meant that there was plenty of power, it also made the flashlight bulky. Mack started to take his backpack off to make the modifications he wanted, but heard Daniel say, "Okay, I'm ready for real this time," so he simply adjusted his backpack to where it was before.

Mack considered all the stuff in his pack when he heard Officer Jenny say not to bring in open flames. None of his random junk could be considered an open flame, but oh how he could make sparks when he needed to. Or, at least this would normally be the case, but he had used up most of his batteries while customizing pokeballs. In any case, he made sure to keep random discharges to a minimum, lest he set his backpack aflame. The group was probably pretty safe walking into the sulfur mine with him. Probably.

That's when it really hit him. Last time he was in a mine, Team Aqua had caused several cave-ins and tried to strip mine it under its owner's nose. That was several years ago, and half a continent away, but Mack couldn't help but find it interesting how apparently frequently those evil teams love to use mines for nefarious plans.

Mack realized that nobody had actually decided to take the lead into the mine after Jenny announced, "Onwards!" Mack shrugged and started walking into the cave entrance, flashlight in hand, though currently the lights lit the cave enough to see.

"So, is this just a straight shot through the mine, or should I be turning somewhere?" he called back, assuming Officer Jenny was somewhere behind him.

--------------------
+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 06:26 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.