Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
PMD Time/Darkness/Sky: Kecleon recruitment, strategy to minimize hassle
Naixatloz
post Jul 6 2010, 02:51 PM
Post #1

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 56 857

First of all, I'm aware that some of you may know this already. However, a large number of people haven't. So please don't come in just to act all superior by saying you knew this ages ago.

For the rest of you, this guide provides, obviously, a strategy for recruiting Kecleon. You can't make it easy to do, but you can make it easier. Yes, this strategy does require a lot of effort, but it'd probably take even more time and energy to recruit the darn things the old-fashioned way (defeat a few, die, revive, defeat a few more, die...).

About recruitment rates

In these games, it is necessary for your team leader to have the IQ skill Fast Friend in order to recruit Kecleon. If you don't, its recruit rate will still be in the negatives and thus it will never ask to join you. It can be learned by any Pokemon in the IQ groups B and H. A list of these Pokemon can be found here and here. Personally, I recommend Mew, for a few reasons. Most obvious is its huge movepool. It also has a species-specific item called the Life Ring, which makes Mew immune to all status conditions as long as it's in your inventory. It will be useful for the insane amount of preparation you'll be doing.

Even if your team leader is a level 100 with Fast Friend activated, that wretched chameleon still has a negative recruit rate. You'll also need to be holding either the Golden Mask or Amber Tear, which are basically an enhanced Friend Bow. Which one you use doesn't matter, they're both the same in functionality. The Golden Mask is sometimes found on the final floor of Zero Isle North, while the Amber Tear is sometimes found on the last floor of Zero Isle West. In my opinion, the Golden Mask is a bit easier to get. Alternatively, if you don't mind "cheating", you can use this page (Time/Darkness) or this page (Sky) to create a wonder mail code for a mission that gives you one of the two as a reward.

Training

Next! Kecleons have insanely high stats, so you'll want your team leader to have high stats as well, specifically Attack/Special Attack and HP. Gummies can sometimes raise stats by a small amount, and they're abundant in Spacial Rift and Marine Resort. All the wonder mail-exclusive dungeons (World Abyss, Giant Volcano, etc.) can have gummies, Sitrus Berries, Ginsengs, and vitamins hidden in the walls. Set a high level Darkrai or ghost-type as your partner and give it the tactic "go the other way" to easily collect the hidden goods while you search for the stairs. Ideally, your HP and offensive stats should be at or around 255. It's possible but not necessary to increase HP further, and you don't need to worry much about the defenses.

Items you should have

The essentials: Golden Mask/Amber Tear, Mobile Orb, 10-15 Oran Berries, 8-12 Max Elixirs, 6 Reviver Seeds.
Optional, but very useful: X-Ray Specs, Pure Seed, Violent Seed, Escape Orb, any type or species-specific item that boosts offense.

Note! Violent Seeds, when eaten, maximize your offensive stats, so they're very useful. Unfortunately, they don't occur naturally in Explorers of Time. You can either somehow get one from a player of Darkness or Sky, or use the previously mentioned wonder mail generator to give yourself one as a mission reward.

Finally, we're ready!

Before you go anywhere, save! It's almost guaranteed that you will fail at least once, and you don't want to waste any items, do you? Now pick a dungeon that can have Kecleon shops. I suggest Apple Woods, since it's short and has plenty of food. Don't bother bringing any partners.

Once you find a Kecleon, position yourself on its mat as close to the wall as possible. Use your Mobile Orb, and equip the Golden Mask/Amber Tear if you haven't already. Steal the nearest item, and make a hasty retreat inside the wall. You're now safe to eat a Violent Seed if you brought one. Now all you have to do is wander around and beat up Kecleons until (if) one decides to join you. Traveling through walls makes your belly decrease too quickly for food to do any good, so instead eat Oran Berries whenever your HP gets too low. If you get a Kecleon, your Reviver Seeds will let it survive the next turn if it has any former allies nearby that may attack it. Send it home ASAP, then make your way to the next floor, whether by Pure Seed or by stairs. You're now able to use your Escape Orb and go home. (:

Yup, that's about it. Feel free to post any thoughts or questions you may have. Feedback is wonderful.

This post has been edited by Harmonious: Aug 15 2010, 10:15 PM

--------------------

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Akina
post Aug 11 2010, 04:19 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 67 377

My Girl Crew

Nice guide. I may try it some time when I re-play my version.

Those pesky Kecleons!

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Takodachi
post Aug 12 2010, 08:41 PM
Post #3

Dancing Through Sunday
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 320

get dark, get dark

Awesome. Finally, something with a high chance of success for recruiting those bastards. I did in in Blue Rescue Team, but I could never do it in Explorers of Time.

I have the Mew and Darkrai, now all I need are the stat boosters and the Gummies.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Myrrien
post Sep 26 2010, 06:28 AM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 78 385

My Lovely Ones

oooh great guide!! wil try it when finding my game copy around the house <.<
+Quote Post

Stratospheric Co...
post Oct 1 2010, 09:37 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Restricted
Member No.: 107 360

Active Squad

Thanks. It'll help for recruiting the turd...
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 24th April 2024 - 12:33 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.