Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
The Isshu Region Pokedex Project!, Here comes Generation 5!
Living Arrow
post Jun 14 2010, 03:36 PM
Post #1

Team Rogue: Pidgeotto
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 814

PANE: Darryn Kellor

IRPP (click to show)

The Isshu Region Pokedex Project! Four noble trainers from across the globe, selected for their completion of their own personal Pokemon encyclopedias have been called upon to further expand the knowledge gleaned by the secrets uncovered in this Pokemon World. Travel now to the unexplored region and witness as a new generation of Pokemon unfolds!

--------------------
Darryn Kellor ~ ~ PANE Moderator ~ ~ Lori Pardare
PANE Characters (click to show)
LA's Plays (click to show)

Unovalocke (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 25 2010, 02:02 PM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

Wayne Webb's Profile (click to show)

QUOTE(Day 112)
Dear Journal,

For over three months, I’ve been stuck in this hell on Earth. When I applied for the position in Daioh, I was under the impression that I would be working with the best scientists and the best technology on the best projects. Seriously, I’m talking about splicing pokemon and cloning legendaries.

Instead, they sent me back home to Hoenn to study the wonderful world of gulpins, specifically their breeding habits. Do you have any idea how disgusting these creatures are? Here’s a hint: they have to turn inside out to mate. I have months of footage of this exact act being performed over and over again. I think I’ll release it in a documentary so that the whole world will know my suffering. I’m willing to subject children to this horror out of spite. Life’s tough, kiddies!

Anywho, I just got a call reassigning me to an unknown continent with unknown pokemon. Surely the have to be more interesting than watching gulpin all day. So I have a choice: a mystery bag of pokemon or horny gulpin for the rest of my life? In the interests of preserving the children’s innocence and my sanity, the answer is obvious.

Somewhere in the middle of the ocean…

This was more like it. Rather than sit in a field watching gulpins mate while passing cyclists point and laugh at him, Wayne Webb was in paradise. The ocean breeze blew through his evenly parted brown hair. His lab coat flowed with the wind, giving him the impression of being a badass action hero wearing a trench coat (At least in his mind). Under his feet was a very nice yacht. Daioh provided the only boat capable of making this long journey, complete with a well-stocked pantry and satellite TV, among other amenities.

Among the passengers accompanying Wayne were two women. Certainly much better company than the gulpin! He didn’t pretend not to notice them; Wayne gave a wink to one of the passengers, Mae. She even fainted in response, surely overwhelmed by his charm (and sparkling white lab coat)! That was a good sign, right?

Still, with his luck, the boat would crash, leaving him as the only survivor. He’d have to make do on a deserted island with no contact with the outside world for all eternity.

Of course, this island would be filled with horny gulpin, going full circle in his life’s work. The only thing remotely amusing would be the irony.

He sighed, staring out into the ocean as he waited for his inevitable destruction or the new country to appear. Whichever came first.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 25 2010, 04:04 PM
Post #3

Group Icon

(Posted for Master Houndoom)
Mae Green's Profile (click to show)

Dear Mother and Father, and the Professor as well,

I have begun my journey to the new region, which is called Isshu. It seems very impressive from the sparse information the Professor could share with me. I have only seen such metropolis' scarcely, and I must admit, the thoughts of the people that such large buildings must house fills me with dread. I do hope I do not disappoint you or the Professor.

While I do not yet despair, I have already felt the worst of my fears come to pass. A gentleman greeted me as I've seen some men greet women, and I came overwhelmed. When next I was aware, I was in my cabin, where a kind young sailor had seen fit to carry me. Thank goodness that they do not have the superstitions of most sea-faring men; there is a Nurse Joy on board, to take care of not only our pokémon's needs, but ours as well, should the need arise.

I do miss Bergomot, and hope he is well. Tell him he is loved, and that I know he is strong and that I am proud of him. I fear that he will think I no longer love him, having left him behind, and that is further from the truth: The Professor asked that we do our best to study the indigenous pokémon first.

I am going to see if I can be granted a fire type. I believe, if I am going to try something new, I may as well embrace it with a whole heart.

I love you, Mother and Father. Professor, you have my highest regard. I hope you hear from your young assistant soon. I know you worry for him so.

Love,

Mae.

Mae put the pen and paper away, tucking it neatly in its wooden box, and then sliding the box in the compartment of her bag. There was no more delaying. She would have to go out on deck again, as the air was stuffy in her cabin. When she went out, she may see that man again.

She closed her eyes and sighed. There would be no avoiding it. She had to be brave. After all, the Professor was counting on her, and Mother and Father believed in her, as well.

Standing on her feet, she walked to the door, pulling nervously at her fingers until she reached it, and then, her lower lip firmly in place between her teeth, she reached out and opened the door.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jun 25 2010, 04:06 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

Kino Pardare Profile (click to show)

Dear Diary

Dear Journal

Captain’s Log?

Day 1

It seems this journal-writing lark is as annoying as it is pointless. That’s three lines of paper wasted before I’ve even started and more time than I care to record. In any case, it looks like we’ll be arriving in the Isshu region soon and I’m too excited to be scribbling in this little book. Professor Rowan assures me that this is a good way of recording what I have done and what I am aiming to do so I don’t lose focus of the road ahead but there’s little chance of that.

After boarding the boat in the harbour of Daioh, Furoh, I was able to spend some time collecting my thoughts and having a core-muscle workout in the tiny thing they call a cabin that I have to share. It seems that the girl I am sharing with is also going to Isshu on the same project that I have been signed up for but we have not spoken much yet – she fainted earlier this afternoon. I’ll ask why later.

For now, I’m going to sit back and set the clock for the countdown to success – Operation ‘Rise to Champion’ is underway!

~Kino

P.S. Am I meant to sign out? Oh, and if I need a second entry in one day, am I allowed? I’ll add that to the questions to ask my bunkmate – I think she’s called Mae? – but she mumbles so quietly I might just keep it to myself.

Day 2

Oops. Forgot. Empolia’s eggs are due to hatch any day now – I better get damn signal on my Pokétch to know exactly when! (I miss her a lot)

~Kino

Out on deck, Kino turned her face to the breeze, breathing in the sea air deeply. It reminded her of her days approaching the end of the Sinnoh League and the boat trip up to the stadium north of Sunyshore City. She had been far less experienced than she was now and so much more naďve. Now, however, she was prepared for anything.

She was no fool. Yes, she had checked the weather before they left. And yes, she had checked the recent local news of Furoh. And yes, boats had capsized. So, yes, she had broken the rules of “no Pokemon aboard” and yes, her Lapras was on standby should the need arise to make a quick getaway.

Luckily for Kino, the sun was bright and shining and land was finally in view – a grey/green blur on the horizon that had leapt into sight during the past couple of hours. It was a relief to see the land and also extremely exciting – a new world with new Pokemon awaited her and all the challenges that would strengthen her to reach her ultimate goal and stand by Cynthia’s side.

Unluckily for Kino, some dweeby kid held a pass identical to the same one that she and Mae were carrying for identification at their arrival point along with some other guy who looked more at home in a young-offender’s institute than on an expedition. She rolled her eyes to herself, smoothing more suncream into her long legs all the way from her thick hiking boot up to her hotpants, a little on her exposed midriff and down her toned arms. The nerd, on the other side of the deck, watched on without speaking to her. She mentally gagged.

*Take one step and you’re a dead man.* Kino glared back before replacing the cream in her backpack and turning back to look out to sea. This was going to be a challenging trip, indeed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jun 30 2010, 02:41 PM
Post #5

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Jackson's Profile (click to show)

Tomb Raider Accomplishment Log I

This boat ride was risky for a while - and by risky, I mean, at risk of being completely boring. My new boss had said we couldn't bring any of our pokemon for the risk of them becoming an "invasive species." Professor Oak said it meant pokemon from Hoenn, Sinnoh, Kanto, or Johto could come in an overrun the pokemon in Isshu. As if I didn't already know what it meant. That doesn't mean I planned on listening to him.

Glancing surreptitiously from side to side, Jackson saw he was momentarily out of sight of anyone, and slipped through the door that led to the cargo bay. Once it had closed behind him, he reached up to the golden sphere pendant on his necklace and, with a small click, pushed the top hemisphere open. A minimized pokeball rolled into his palm from its hiding place, and he tossed the ball to the floor. With a flash, his meowth, Serengeti, appeared and sat down, cleaning her paws in an unconcerned manner.

Replacing the pokeball, Jackson walked purposefull down the stairs before him, with Serengeti following loyally behind.

I was worried there was going to be absolutely nothing to do on board this ship, but paying attention proved to be a rewarding experience once again. I got to see where they were placing the cargo, and some of those suitcases and boxes looked rather expensive. And since I just so happen to have Serengeti with me, curiosity seems like a fitting emotion. And I'm not really doing anything wrong, either. I am, after all, a tomb raider, not a thief. I'll only be taking things for purposes of scientific funding. Everyone knows how important that is.

"This one looks promising," Jackson said quietly, tapping his fingers together in delight. He bounced on his heels as he studied the leather suitcase and its expensive-looking lock. Licking his lips, he looked at Serengeti, who was, herself, peering at the lock. "Try it out, Serengeti!" he exclaimed in excitement. "I bet your claws are long enough."

I suppose I should be pleased that I got to practice some of our lock-picking skills, but I'm still disappointed that we didn't find anything of value. I saw some nerd onboard in a white lab coat. I was hoping maybe he'd packed a microscope with him. Those things can go for a pretty penny if you find the right person.

Though, I suppose it wasn't a complete waste of time.

Jackson lounged on the roof of the boat, popping M&Ms into his mouth from a large bag he had found in somebody's suitcase. At least one person on this ship had a good taste in junk food.

Well, onto Isshu.

Forever yours, thieving and flirting,

Tomb Raider Jackson Sanjare

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 2 2010, 04:39 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As Wayne waited for his fate, the other girl, Kino, appeared on deck. She was hardly dressed for a scientific investigation. In fact, she was hardly dressed at all! There she was, rubbing sunscreen all over herself for all to see. To the scientist, this girl was more interested in landing a man than finding a new species. Hardly the professional he was expecting to accompany him.

“Would you like a pole to go with that outfit?” Wayne thought to himself.

It was then that the redhead looked up at him with an angry glare. At this, Wayne quickly retreated. Did she hear his thoughts? Why didn’t anyone tell him he’d be working with a psychic stripper?! What kind of investigation was this?! He would have to write in a complaint to his superiors about this.

As he headed towards his room, Wayne bumped into the brunette he passed by earlier. Unlike the redhead, Mae at least made the effort to make a good impression. Perhaps she was a professional like himself.

“Ah, miss, just the person I wanted to see,” Wayne said with a smile. “My name is Wayne Webb, fellow scientist on this vessel. I’m hoping to discuss theories on the fauna we will be encountering on this new land. May I ask your name?”

He hoped that his stunning good looks didn’t knock her off her feet again. It would be really tough to have a conversation with her unconscious.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 6 2010, 03:55 PM
Post #7

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

It was good to be out in the air. The ocean air was making her head feel much better. Mae hadn't even realized that her anxiety had been giving her a headache until she'd stepped out on the empty deck and leaned against the railing. She breathed in the salt air and smiled, leaning on the rail to watch a school of unfamiliar looking water types keeping pace with the boat.

An impact against her caused her to turn around, the grin from watching the pokemon still on her face. She was face to face with the scientific looking man she'd seen before. Not realizing the smile on her face was still plastered there, her eyes widened as he spoke to her.

He spoke. To her.

The edges of her vision began to darken, and she swallowed thickly. He had, evidently, been looking for her.

She could feel her heart racing. Her vision blurred even more, and she squeezed her eyes shut. But no, she had to open them! That's what people did in polite conversation!

Mae, you can do this, sounded an internal voice that, though it was her own, sounded more like a co-worker back in the lab. After all, she was too afraid to encourage herself, but someone else, someone who she could already talk to? They could encourage her just fine. Just open your mouth, and politely say your name. Then excuse yourself and breathe! Baby steps!

Mae looked at the man before her, who was smiling at her, and then took in a deep breath. Without letting it go, she opened her mouth... and promptly fell to the deck.

As the dark claimed her, sapping the strength to even stand from her bones, she could hear her inner voice, sounding much more like herself, sighing. Ah well... at least you opened your mouth this time.

Mae could hear voices when consciousness finally re-established itself. There was an angry woman's voice, sounding disdainful, a lazy, slow drawling voice that sounded like a younger man, the voice she'd actually heard twice now, which belonged to the man who identified himself as Wayne, and a chuckling, happy voice that had a thick accent. This voice was the first to sound clearly.

"Hahaha! You vorry too much! De Sailorss, dey are magnificent, yesno? Dey carry her, she joost fein, joost fein, you see. You are de ones from de odder reagions?" (What is so odd about our regions, Mae wondered briefly) "I haff bin esspectink you, off coors! Ve haff everyding in perrrfect orderss!"

Mae could barely understand the woman, but thought the accent was pleasant, for as excited and bubbly as the woman sounded.

There was a pressure on her chest, and, for a horrified moment she thought someone was leaning on her. And then it moved, nothing like a human might move. She opened her eyes to come face to face with a white, fluffy creature with large ears, which gave out a high pitched "Miiii!" before scampering away, to hide behind the leg of an older woman.

Mae was so shocked, she sat bolt upright and shouted the first word that came to her mind, the answer to the question she had fainted trying to give. "MAE!"

The group looked at her in mixed expressions of bemusement and annoyance. Mae's face turned bright red, and she looked at her hands rather than the people. "M-my name... i-i-is Mae..."

The woman looked at Mae, grinning widely.

"Hahaha! You are avake! Goot, goot! Ve haff efferyone elsse ready. Let us see vhat ve haff for our friends from de odder regions!"

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 9 2010, 03:59 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

"Hahaha! You are avake! Goot, goot! Ve haff efferyone elsse ready. Let us see vhat ve haff for our friends from de odder regions!"

“Translation?” Kino asked the boy next to her with lank dark hair. It seemed, much to her surprise, that the boy was actually rather mainstream – not like the delinquent she had labelled him before they reached the Araragi Lab. His positive demeanour meant that she didn’t feel tense around him and out of her other companions, he seemed the most likely to give her a comfortable, normal conversation.

“Something about giving us something…” The boy named Jackson replied, lounging lazily against the wall.

“Well, it better be that rodent thing.” Kino folder her arms and narrowed her brown eyes upon the darting bundle of cream fur. “I’ve never seen a Pokemon like that before.”

“Ah, you must be meenink ze Chiramii zat I haff for ze assiztense – ee is a vondervul partner for to be haffink!” Dr. Araragi reached down to offer the Pokemon her arm which it scampered up quickly and tried to hide behind her head, peeking out at the newcomers cautiously. “Sadlee for you, ee is not for ze tradink.”

“It’s a boy?” Kino raised an eyebrow. “Don’t want it now, anyway.”

*What did she call it? Chiramii? Maybe I'll catch one of those later...*

“Oh, you foreign peoples from ze odder regions are ze fooniesst beinks in ze voorld!” Araragi laughed heartily, holding her stomach merrily. Kino pursed her lips – this woman was frighteningly frivolous for a regional expert. “Eensted, ve haff for you a collekshoon of ze local Pokemons for you to be takink. Pleases be followink me over ‘ere.”

With Mae back on her feet, the troupe of four trailed Araragi to a dome-like machine wherein four coloured Pokeballs sat – a triangle formation with one in the center. The gathered four all seemed to brighten by this and began looking to each other with excitement. Kino caught the eye of the one named Wayne and mentally gagged.

*Weirdo.*

“Is that a new Pokedex?!” Wayne exclaimed as Araragi began collecting together four pocket-sized devices. Each was a different colour – orange, blue, green and black – and notably went with the Pokeballs in the machine.

“You’re more excited about a Pokedex than the Pokeballs?” Kino clicked her tongue irritably.

“I wonder how much that can be sold for…” Jackson muttered quietly to himself.

“Ah, you all are knowink whys you are heres, yesno?” A silence greeted her. “Vell, you see, you are all to be takink part in our Isshu Region Pokedex Project. You vill all be ze entrusted wiz ze Pokedex and a first Pokemon and zen sent out into ze region to capture everything you can and learn all abouts ze new speesees! Vile you are ze capturink, ve shall collate ze data on ze different speesees and transport zem all to ze Furoh region vere zey shall be ze stoodeed. Zere are many new Pokemon out zere so please capture zem all!”

“And what about Gyms?” Kino asked. “Are there Gyms for us to take part in battles?”

“Of courses!”

“And ruins to explore?” Jackson piped up.

“Many ruins are in ze Isshu region!”

“Exactly how many new Pokemon are there to capture here?” Wayne asked.

“Ve do not be knowink! Zat is all up to ze eight of you!” Araragi exclaimed.

“Four…” Wayne and Kino corrected her in unison. They locked eyes for a split second before Kino looked away.

“No, I am correk in ze sayink zat zere are ze eight of you for you shall all be selectink ze new partner! Please all be agreeink vich Pokemon shall be yours! Four deeferent Pokemons all of ze different types – ze Grass, Fire, Voorter, and ze Dark…” Araragi clicked a button on the dome machine, exposing the coloured Pokeballs for the trainers to take. Kino immediately began weighing them up in her head. Which to choose…

“Black one’s mine!” Jackson’s hand struck faster than a Seviper.

*Damn! First choice gone!*

“Hey! We’re meant to agree!” Wayne complained.

“Snooze, you lose.” Jackson snorted, weighing up the dark Pokeball in his hand. “And this one feels like a winner.”

“Oh, um, then I’ll take this one, if I may?” Mae finally squeaked, slowly reaching her hand toward the orange ball. She looked to Kino and Wayne nervously, coloure rising in her cheeks with utmost embarrassment. “That is, of course, I mean, unless either of you, um, object?”

*Meh, third choice out the window. I’ll just take the green one…*

Wayne and Kino both reached out but, much to Kino’s surprise, Wayne moved faster. His fingers locked around the green Pokeball.

“Then this one is mine!”

“No.” Kino said simply and swiped it from him smoothly. “It’s mine.”

“Wha! But I picked it first!” He complained, moving to snatch it back from her.

“You going to take something off a girl?” Kino demanded with high eyebrows.

Everyone looked at Wayne expectantly.

“Er…”

“Zen eet is agreed zat you are be haffink zis!” Araragi thrust the blue Pokeball at Wayne which he accepted with a frown.

“Everysink ees in ze places! Go fors and be capturink ze Pokemon – ze Isshu Region pokedex Project is ze commenced, yesno?!”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 9 2010, 02:31 PM
Post #9

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Finally, a mission worthy of Wayne’s name! They would be traveling around the continent of Isshu to record its wide menagerie of pokemon. Even better, they were getting new equipment to go with their adventure! Things were actually starting to look up.

The same could not be said about his relationship with his fellow teammates. Mae was still fainting at the sight of him (Wayne was starting to suspect that this wasn’t such a good thing after all). Psychic Stripper Kino still looked upon him with disdain (the feeling was mutual). He wasn’t sure what to think of Jackson, though something about him made Wayne want to check his belongings.

Wayne was also concerned about his teammates’ priorities. Gyms? Ruins? This scientific investigation was about biodiversity, not archeology. It was certainly not about playing pokemon masters like a bunch of ten-year olds. Perhaps that’s why he was chosen for this mission: to lead the rest of the team in the right direction. Wayne was clearly the leader in this outfit.

That thought was quickly diminished when the others started choosing their pokemon. Black and orange were quickly taken up, while Kino managed to swipe the green ball out of his hand. Upon being asked if he would swipe it back, Wayne considered it. He was no sexist, and certainly believed the pokeball was rightfully his. The looks around the room evidently sided with Kino however. All he could utter was “Er…”

“I guess I’ll take the ‘Voorter,’ type” Wayne said, smiling at his impersonation of Dr. Aragi. Despite her attitude on the others’ “jokes”, the professor wasn’t so thrilled; she stayed silent and ignored the comment. He quickly took the blue pokedex and adjacent pokeball before she changed her mind.

“Well, let’s see what I ended up with,” he said, unleashing the contents of his new pokeball.

After the flash subsided, Wayne stared upon a little sea otter pokemon. He had various colors of white and light blue fur along with dark blue feet, tail, and ears. The cuteness of his freckles and brown nose was somewhat lessened by a sad frown. Two big solid black eyes stared up at the scientist, then to the pokeball in his hand. Wayne was starting to get a feeling, something he hadn’t felt since he had Pokey. This was surely the beginning of a beautiful friendship.

“Hey…um…can I call you Pokey?”
Upon examining his new owner, the mijumaru bowed his head and sighed. He was not nearly as excited about this as Wayne was. In fact, he seemed disappointed.

This was going to be a long adventure…

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 11 2010, 11:05 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tomb Raider Accomplishment Log II

These other three trainers are freaks. And that's nothing to say about the lab rat who handed out the pokemon. Someone with that hard of an accent shouldn't talk as much as she does. Ever.

But she did give us our pokemon, and she let us choose. Listening to the three of them bicker (well, really, just the two of them. That one girl was so shy she probably would have given me the other pokemon if I had asked, and gone with none) over which pokemon they wanted. The cute girl, though, put it to the nerd pretty well. She knows how to manipulate, all right. I'll have to watch out for her.

But I got the pokemon I wanted. A dark-type. Zorua, the lab rat had called it. I suppose you could say we didn't exactly get off on the greatest start.

Smirking at his success (many thanks to his mad skillz), Jackson rolled the pokeball between his hands with a greedy grin, before calling the pokemon out. He wasn't as impressed as he had hoped to be.

The small fox-like pokemon was charcoal greyish-purple, with red marks on its face and the top of a frock on its head. It had a black mane around its neck and it stood on dainty crimson paws.

"Ugh... you're cute." Jackson crinkled his nose up in mild disgust. "I suppose I can hope you'll evolve into something kickass and ugly." He crouched down in front of the fox and poked its nose lightly. The zorua blinked, then sneezed. "Or at least something a little less... wimpy." He ignored the glare he received from the pokemon as he rose to his full height, one hand on his hip, the other rubbing his mouth and chin in thought.

"I guess you need a name, but I don't know..." Grabbing the startled pokemon by the scruff of the neck, Jackson picked the zorua up and peered closely at his nether regions. "Oh, good, you're- GAH"

Jackson dropped the zorua, who landed on its feet, and stepped back, clutching his hand to his face. The other trainers and the lab rat had paused in their arguments, discussions, and pokemon-inspections to look at him in their respective emotions. Pulling his hand away, Jackson saw that he was bleeding from where the pokemon had slashed at him. He glared at the fox, who seemed to suffer no regret, but was rather licking its paws clean.

The shy girl (Mae) had patched up my face where the stupid fox had attacked me, but she'd mumbled something about me having a scar. Scars give character, but I might have to enhance the story a bit. I'll get attacked by something a bit less wimpy than a puppy with an attitude.

He might be a male, but he gets angry like a bitch. That attack, though, gave me the idea for his name. Scar.

"Daga," Jackson said - snarled, really - and the zorua looked up at him in mild interest. "It means "scar," and it since it looks like you're going to leave your mark on my life, you might as well be called something that makes sense." He grumbled under his breath, "Though I'm tempted to call you Kutiyā."

"That wasn't very nice," Mae said quietly, though it wasn't until some hours later that Jackson realized he hadn't explained the name.

The zorua released an audibly cute growl, baring tiny fangs, and Jackson sighed. "Great. Even when it's trying to be fierce, it's adorable." He slapped a hand to his eyes, wincing when he hit the bandaged cut, and let out an overly dramatic sigh of resignation.

Okay, so this was an eventful morning. Got a new pokemon, met some dweeby people, got attacked by a pokemon, got my potential (hopeful) scar bandaged, and it's not even lunch time, yet. Who knows - by dinner, I could find the tomb of an emperor and be swimming in gold.

Look out Isshu! Jackson Sanjare has arrived!

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 15 2010, 12:42 AM
Post #11

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Mae blinked in the light of the setting sun. It was still high enough to be bright, but just low enough to turn the sky an interesting shade of orange. She looked down, watching her new pokemon, a pokabu, according to the professor.

She, the pokabu, was adorable, trotting along and looking trustingly into Mae's eyes, then suddenly running ahead. She would do this frequently and stop far ahead, looking back, at which point Mae always gave her a soft smile. The tiny pig pokemon's ears would twitch, and then she'd squeal and come dashing back, running around her legs a couple of times before resuming her trot.

Mae smiled. She had definitely fared better than poor Jackson.

Mae bent down and lifted the piggy into her arms, remembering the narrow eyed stare Jackson had given her a few minutes after naming his zorua. She had blinked, then swallowed, distracting herself by releasing the pokemon she had been given. Instantly the piglet had looked up and her, and lowered her front end while raising her rear. At first, Mae had been afraid the pokabu would attack her, but instead it gave a delighted squeal and pounced on her, snuggling.

"Oh, you're so sweet!"

The piglet nuzzled her, and then turned in her arms, pressing her snout to Mae's nose. Mae giggled, forgetting the odd professor, and her intimidating companions. "I will name you... Puumba."

They had been given pokedexes, of course, which, as she worked out it's functionality, seemed to have not only the standard pokedex databases, but also had phone, radio, and MP3 capability. Because they had each received a pokemon, the entry for Puumba had been recorded. That was when Mae found out Puumba was a girl...

She closed her eyes, sighed, and opened them. No matter. Puumba was still a cute name, and The Luxray King was her favorite movie.

She looked down into the trusting brown eyes of the little piglet, but started when a voice sounded behind her.

"So... Puumba, hmm?"

Mae's head whipped around to see the red headed girl walking beside her, She looked ahead again, then swallowed down her fear. Women were, for some reason, easier to talk to anyway. It was a start.

"Yes. After a character in one of my favorite movies growing up..." She bit her lip. What she expected, she didn't know, but what she got was not as bad as what her imagination kept suggesting. No laughter, no derisive, snide comments, no eye rolling.

"The Luxray King? It was all right. But wasn't puumba a boy piloswine?"

Mae blushed. "I.. I still like it..."

"Fair enough," the girl, Kino, shrugged. "Look, I just wanted to ask... why'd your professor choose you?" She looked up shrewdly at the taller girl. "For me, it was my drive and determination. I'm going to be the best." She looked ahead, her face determined.

Mae thought that it was a bold statement*, but she admired the girl's determination.

"I've fought too hard, too long. I've risen up in several leagues, I've defeated three frontier brains... I've..." She looked up at Mae. "So what are you here for?"

"Um... After I got runner up in the Johto league-"

"Runner up?"

"Yes... um.. the second time--"

"Second time?!"

"... Yes... Professor Elm felt I should... um..." she blushed, but a muffled grunt from Puumba gave her courage. "He felt I should... get out and... and away from my desk, so... so here I am--"

She stopped, for Kino has stopped staring at her, bemused.

"Oh my..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Jul 15 2010, 01:25 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Route 1 turned out to be a fairly simple affair – a plain road through a grassland that would have looked equally in place in Sinnoh. Resigning herself to the new world and undeniably male partner in her first Pokeball, Kino released the monster again and allowed him to plod along behind her.

“Taaaja?” It asked, raising an unimpressed eyebrow while it leisurely ran its hands through the grass around its waist.

“Kino.” She sighed back, keeping her eyes ahead for the most part but offering him glances periodically. “Kino Pardare.”

“Tsu… tsu…” Came the considering response.

Kino chewed the inside of her cheeks. All three of her *What are they now? Friends? Nah…* companions had named their Pokemon but she was yet to think of anything for the male at her side. In the past she had named every single one of her Pokemon friends and yet for this one she couldn’t settle on anything… Maybe talking to the girl in the group would give her inspiration. After all, girls were far better with words. She left the Tsutaja trailing behind as she ran to catch up with Mae and her delightfully feminine Pokabu.

"So... Puumba, hmm?"

~

*She got runner up?!*

Kino’s jaw hung open for longer than she ever intended and when she finally snapped it shut, it had been to late. Mae was regarding her with wide, questioning eyes that Kino could only stare back into with disbelief. How did a girl so timid and weak get runner up, runner up!, in a Pokemon League?! Either Johto had taken a bad turn that year or the girl was faking her mild-mannered demeanour.

Kino corrected herself. And smiled, stepping in alongside Mae as they continued their walk. For her to judge a girl that quickly showed up just how much the news had jolted her but the more she thought about it, the more it made sense. Mae was just another type of ‘surprise’ for other trainers – she was no different than Kino herself. To have one appearance masking the underneath was what she had based most of her own career on and her she was with a fellow ‘deceptress’ on the journey of a lifetime.

“Congratulations.” She said quietly to Mae, swallowing her pride more than a little bit. “I’ve only come…” She hesitated, unsure whether or not to alert the other girl to her lesser achievement. “I’ve only come third before… Sinnoh League.”

“Oh, I’ve heard lovely things about Sinnoh.” Mae smiled back. There was not hint of sarcasm. Kino regarded this girl anew. “And third place is amazing. Congratulations to you, too!”

“So I guess from here, we’re rivals for the Isshu League…” Kino said, running a hand through her silky red hair. “We should battle some time to get used to these foreign Pokemon.”

“I er... I don’t know if… um…”

“Just think about it, ‘kay?” Kino broke in on Mae’s stammer. If she was acting, then she was the best actress Kino had ever met. If not then Kino really had her work cut out. After all, someone so shy and retiring with the amount of skill Mae already had could probably achieve anything if they came out of their shell. “We all need to challenge ourselves sometimes and get out of the boxes we eventually trap ourselves in. I think coming here will be one of my biggest challenges yet but… y’know?... I’m looked forward with no turning back!”

Kino glanced to her side to find her Tsutaja with a large red flower in his hands, sniffing it deeply. He looked up at her with mutual disdain and continued his strut by her ankle. With his namesake in his hands, Kino felt a spark of excitement ignite in her heart.

“So think about that battle and remember, no matter what, Tsubaki and I are going to be an unstoppable team from here on out!”

“Tsutaja…” The emerald lizard at her side grinned smugly.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jul 24 2010, 08:38 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

And a Golurk

As the group traveled down Route 1, Wayne took the opportunity to get to know his new pokemon. The mijumaru did not feel the same way and chose to walk behind his new owner quietly. The pokemon sighed; why couldn’t he get one of the girl humans? As a hatchling, he remembered all the female research assistance feeding him grapes by hand, rubbing their hands across his body, and commenting on his cute looks. This was usually followed with a nice big hug, the mijumaru’s body against their chests. How he longed for those days again.

While the otter was daydreaming, Wayne wandered off the path to investigate a silhouette in the grass.

“Who’s that pokemon?” Wayne asked himself, taking out his pokedex. As the pokedex said the name “Minezumi,” the chipmunk pokemon turned around, staring upon the human with its giant red eyes. He had no idea what the pokedex was saying, but Wayne knew what this creature was: evil manifested in rodent form. The scientist quickly headed back to the trail, throwing a granola bar farther into the field. Rather than distract the minezumi from following, five more chipmunks emerged from the grass, all staring upon Wayne. They knew he had more food than that granola bar and they were going to get it.

“Guys, we went the wrong way. Something evil lives in these-”

Before Wayne could finish the minezumi attacked, crawling into Wayne’s coat and up his pant legs. The scientist let out a girlish scream, falling over and squirming around while the rodents investigated every cavity of his body for food.

“THEY’RE EATING ME! I’M BEING EATEN ALIVE! POKEY, SAVE YOURSELF!”

The otter looked upon Wayne as he flailed his arms and legs around. The overdramatic display was quite a pathetic sight, and the mijumaru didn’t want any part of it. He heeded Wayne’s advice and went to find Kino and Mae. As the two girls were talking, the otter performed several twirls to get their attention. This always charmed other female humans, though it was a bit harder amid the screams of his actual owner.

“THEIR FANGS ARE GNAWING INTO MY FLESH!!!”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Jul 26 2010, 05:45 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tomb Raider Accomplishment Log III

I really can't believe what kinds of people I'm stuck traveling with. The girls aren't too bad. That shy one seems nice enough, I guess. I don't know about the other one. She acts pretty stuck-up and I don't know why. It's not like she's much to look at. But that geeky boy! Geez, what a freak!

“THEY’RE EATING ME! I’M BEING EATEN ALIVE! POKEY, SAVE YOURSELF!”

Jackson cocked an eyebrow and raised his head. He had been walking behind the others, staying far enough away from them that he wouldn't be pulled into a boring conversation, when he stopped to study a few slate rocks on the side of the path. Fossils could go for a lot of money.

As he heard Wayne screaming, however, and saw the boy flailing around because a bunch of chipmunks were crawling all over him, a wide grin curled across his face and he chuckled low in his throat. Standing up straight, he moved toward the flailing geek with a sauntering gait, his smile never faltering. Daga trailed his shadow with an annoyed expression, glaring to the sides of the path as though he blamed the creatures beyond for his bondage to this fool.

So, I guess the Super Geek is afraid of squirrels or something. Wish I'd brought Pacci with me. I'd love to see how he acted around a pachirisu. It would probably make pretty good entertainment, since it looks like I'll be stuck with these guys a while. Though, today was pretty fun by itself.

Jackson's long steps radiated arrogance as he drew to a stop next to Wayne. He cocked his head to the side as she looked down at the energetic, squirrely creatures. He completely ignored Wayne's apparent discomfort, bending down at the waist and taking an excessive amount of time to study one of the more placid of the creatures - a small chipmunk-like pokemon with wild eyes that sat with relative calm, gnawing a hole in the geek's white lab coat.

"Huh," he said suddenly, a thoughtful declaration as he cocked his head sharply to the side. "They're energetic little demons, aren't they?" As Wayne continued to flail around and wail, Jackson sighed suddenly and gave the lab geek a condescending glance. "Could you please stop moving? I'm trying to study these creatures."

Huffing a breath, Jackson stood back up straight and crossed his arms over his chest. Standing with one leg out to the side, throwing his sense of balance off so one hip was cocked to the side, he glanced to the right, at the canopy of trees that lined the path they were on.

I suppose I'll just have to capture one, since Lab Coat Man, Prince of Geeks, won't stop moving around. Rolling his eyes, Jackson grabbed a pokeball out of his vest pocket. He tossed it and caught it like a baseball a few times, as he studied the placid chipmunk, who was eying him warily but otherwise continued to chew on the coat.

"Well, if it's for the pokedex, I guess it's worth catching something so... cute." He grinned and tossed the pokeball at the chipmunk pokemon.

A fast-moving lump in the geek's coat suddenly turned into another chipmunk, exploding out of the lab coat in a firecracker of fur and gnashing teeth. The pokeball hit the leaping pokemon on the head and sucked it into the machine in a flash of red light.

"No!" Jackson moaned, as the pokeball's twitching stopped and the light on the front dimmed. "I caught the wrong one. Crap." Picking up the pokeball, he stuffed it in his pocket with a huff and then nudged the geek's leg with his foot. "Come on, dweeb. Get up. I'm bored." Ignoring the continued chaos of chipmunks ambushing Wayne, he turned and continued on down the path at a fast, annoyed stride.

Epic failure. I can't believe I missed and caught the wrong pokemon! Now I've got this crazy squirrel thing that acts like it's never heard of decaf, a stupid fox that hates me, and I'm still stuck with these freaks! I definitely could have had a better day.

On the plus side, I can totally torment the geek with my new pokemon. Beware, Isshu! Jackson Sanjare, Prince of all thing AWESOME, has caught Cappucino!

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Jul 27 2010, 01:50 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

As Mae and Kino strolled along, a strange feeling began to come over her. She had been talking. Socially. To another person. While it certainly wasn't the first time, just as certainly it was the soonest after meeting someone that she had been able to feel…

Comfortable wasn't quite the word. It certainly worked, but it wasn't an exact fit. More to the point, she felt as if it were possible, to talk to this girl. Perhaps it was the fact that it was a girl. Or that she was younger (though she had accomplished so much more than Mae!) Or perhaps it was that Mae was out on her own, away from her family, and the Professor, and anyone who would be able to shield her from interaction. Having no buffer, perhaps she had subconsciously decided that she should simply allow whatever might happen to happen.

Then again, there was the people involved. Kino was another girl, and she had always found it easier to interact (read: to manage to say words to) other girls. But she had also helped the young man, Jackson. Of course, he was hurt, and also he was younger. The thoughts that usually made her freeze up (read: faint) around men seemed ludicrous when she knew one was so much younger than her.

That left Wayne. She almost felt sorry for Wayne, as she had been so rude to him (read: fainted) the first few times he had spoken to her. He… well, he was around her age, and not all together bad to look at… socially, he was the most intimidating person in the group. Mae hoped, dearly hoped that she would be able to overcome her shyness soon. She would hate to continue to be rude..!

The little otter pokémon that Wayne had chosen had come to do a little dance for them. Flailing his little arms and twirling from foot to foot, the expression on Pokey's face did not seem to change, still looking slightly dour, if stressed around the eyes. Some pokémon couldn't change they're facial features, such as wobuffet and spinarak, and found other ways to display their emotions. Perhaps this was Pokey's species way of doing so.

She looked over at Kino. They had been walking in silence for some time. Her thoughts had gotten away from her, as they sometimes did in social situations. She opened her mouth to offer an apology.

"What in the hell is going on back there?!"

Mae blinked, then turned, seeing Wayne, or at least what sounded like a high pitched, shrill version of Wayne, covered in several rodent pokémon with red tinged, wide eyes. He was screaming and pitching back and forth. One of them, slightly less wild eyed than the rest, sat placidly on his chest, chewing a hole through his coat. The rest were scrambling in and around his clothing, circling his body, and, despite the lack of gore, which would have made Mae faint for a different reason, seemed to be biting him, if the screams were any indication.

Mae then did the rudest, most near reprehensible thing she had ever done since talking out of turn at a gathering…

She giggled.

Pressing her lips together, she saw Jackson resourcefully capture one of the pokémon, after taking the time to assess the situation. It was smart, but would never be enough. They would run out of pokéballs before they had made a decent sized dent in the pack.

To those who did not know her well, and therefore, to anyone of the humans present who might be watching, a change seemed to come over Mae. Her shoulders straightened, and her voice, usually soft and hard to hear through the stammering, became firm (but still within proper speaking volume). She pointed to Wayne and the pack. Hopefully, and she trusted this was the case, the others would be inspired to follow her example, but even if not, she felt she made the right choice.

"Puumba, please help me. Tackle those things away."

"BU-KA!"

With an eager wiggle of her behind as she prepared, Puumba launched forward, slamming her body into one of the creatures after another, zigzagging between targets until she got to the throng, and began to spin, kicking back with her hind legs and pushing away a small patch of the pokémon.

Mae readied one of her pokeballs. Like the original, which was orange, the packet of five pokeballs she had been given were also orange, which, she assumed, would make it that much easier to identify any pokémon she caught vs. anyone elses. Or perhaps it was a new pokéball that was more effective against fire types.

Or perhaps Professor Araragi was a little crazy.

She targeted the placid looking chipmunk, which seemed to be allowing all the chaos to happen around it while it placidly chewed on Wayne's lab coat. Taking careful aim, she threw her pokéball side arm.

Another one, a wild eyes, larger pokémon, leapt up to Wayne's chest, jostling the placid one, and seemed to be egging the others on. This did not last long, as the pokéball struck it, opened it, and sucked it into the mechanism.

Three shakes and a sparkle later, and Mae's pokedex confirmed, in what was presumably the language of the land, that she had a new pokémon.

At the beginning, the human had shown there was food. The area was rife with danger, and there had been, lately, a lack of food.

Oh, there were grasses. There were seeds. There were bugs.

Disgusting. The Minezumi Collective did not eat seed, or grass, or, heaven weeps, bugs. Not under his rule. Not after he grew strong enough to depose the evil queen.

No. They ate sweet things. Good things! Human things! The human oppressors didn't want to give them their things to eat. They wanted to dole them out to one or two lucky ones.

No more.

<<TAKE THEM! TAKE THE FOODS FROM THE HUMANS, MY LOYAL SUBJECTS! TAKE WHAT IS RIGHTFULLY OURS FROM THE HUMAN OPPRESSORS, AND MARCH HOME IN VICTORY AND TRIUMPH! TAKE WHAT THE EVIL QUEEN WOULD NOT ALLOW YOU TO TAKE, AND KNOW THAT I AM A BENEVOLENT RULER!>>

<<Evil Queen?!>> cried one, popping her head over the waste of the human. <<I was not an 'Evil Queen'!>>

<<SILENCE, WOMAN!>> The King yelled, marching around the human and egging on his loyal subjects. <<QUIT FLAPPING YOUR TOOTH AND GET TO TAKING FOOD!>> The protesting pokémon rolled her eyes and continued to try to find food where she could. This brown strap at his waist wasn't overly bad. A little tough, and had some metal thing at one end, but if it was important enough to wrap around his waist, it must be food. She proceeded to yank at his belt, to get it off and eat it.

<<THAT'S RIGHT, TAKE THE FOOD, FOR WE ARE NO LONGER THE OPPRESSED! WE WILL NO LONGER RUN AND HIDE WHEN A HUMAN COMES TO STUFF US IN THEIR APRICORNS! WE WILL NO LONGER TREMBLE IN FEAR AS THEY FORCE OUR BROTHERS TO FIGHT US! WE WILL FIGHT! WE WILL TAKE!>> He leapt up to the top of the human's chest, spreading his arms wide. <<BEHOLD, THE DAWN OF THE NEW E->>

Something hit him in the head, and before he could turn to curse at whoever did it, he was enveloped in light, and then lost in darkness. He struggled, valiantly struggled, with all of his considerable might, struggled, but at the end, he was spent.

Outside of the ball, the minezumi looked up, blinking. Their king, who had deposed the queen, had disappeared into one of the balls, along with at least one more, possibly more, of their members. For a while, they were still, one or another being bowled over by an over exuberant pig until it was called back to its master's side.

<<The king is gone,>> one of them said, in shock. Then, exuberantly, triumphantly, cheered. <<The idiot king is GONE!>>

A wild raucous arose from the horde of chipmunk pokémon, and they danced around Wayne's quivering form. Then, the former Queen, who had no desire to lead this wild bunch again for a while, piped up. <<What will we do now?>>

<<What will we do now,>> raised the chorus, and all of the pokémon stopped and looked at the next largest, next strongest minezumi; the placid one, still chewing nonchalantly on Wayne's lab coat.

<<What? Oh. Dude. We should bail, minezumi. Totally bail, and like… have a nap.>>

The crowd stared at him, stunned, then began to cheer again. As one, they cried out, <<We should bail and have a nap! We should bail and have a nap! We should bail and have a nap!>> leaving Wayne on the ground, the leader on his chest, and three varyingly stunned humans and pokémon watching after as they left, blinking in bemusement.

The new leader stood up, brushed himself off, and turned to the humans. He shrugged and waddled after his people into the tall grass.

Mae walked over and picked up the pokéball with her new capture, then knelt next to Wayne. She had to bite her lip to keep from once again giggling wretchedly, though she felt Kino had no such qualm, judging by her laughter.

"Sir? You may get up now… you may want to be careful of your pants, however. One of the pokémon seems to have made off with your belt…"

Realizing the potential for this situation to become embarrassing, she turned and stepped toward the others.

Puumba watched as she took the new pokéball and regarded it. She knelt next to the pokabu and patted her head, and Puumba happily nuzzled her hand.

Pressing the button, she called the Lookout Pokémon forth.

<<WHAT IS THE MEANING OF THIS?! SOMEONE HAS CAUGHT ME?! IN A APRICORN?! THE NERVE! MY MINIONS, DESTROY THEM, STARTING WITH HER!>> He pointed at Mae dramatically, who tilted her head at him, blinking.

<<I SAID, DESTROY HER!>>

When nothing happened, he whipped his head from side to side. The only pokémon around were a green snake like tsutarja, crossing his arms and looking bored, a dumpy, forlorn looking mijumaru, a dark fox like zorua, rolling his eyes, and a hyper pokabu who was just beginning to glower at him. The pokabu smelled like a female. <<DO NOT GLOWER AT ME, DUMPY POKABU WOMAN!>>

With a snort, Puumba tilted forward and headbutted the minzumi, knocking him flat. He grunted, then pointed a finger to the heavens from his prone position. <<I'LL DANCE ON YOUR GRAVE, MISSY!>>

"Puumba, don't be mean," Mae said, gently. She was tinkering with her pokedex, and finally smiled.

[[Minezumi. Lookout Pokemon. Choose Leader By Combat. Horde Food. Silly Silly.]]

Mae frowned in thought at the pokedex. "I suppose their English mode needs some work. But we know they're called minezumi now!" She smiled, then ducked her head, blushing, realizing that the rest were staring at her. "I-… I'll name this one Timon…"

Timon stood and narrowed his eyes. <<YOU, HUMAN WOMAN, WILL ADDRESS ME AS YOUR HIGHNESS! ACK!>> He was sent pitching forward by a hooded eyed Puumba. From his position, face first in the dirt, he raised a hand, pointing at Mae. <<AND MAKE ME A SANDWICH!>>

"Puumba," Mae admonished gently. "Get along with Timon! He's probably hungry." Reaching into her pack, she handed a carrot from her lunch on the boat, which she had been far too nervous to eat, to Puumba, who ate with a delighted squeal, and rummaged for more. She pulled out a sandwich from the same lunch and tore it in half. "Here, Timon. Have a sandwich."

The minezumi stood, swiped the sandwich from her hand, and stuffed it in his cheeks. <<YOU HA' PLEEZED ME WOMAN>> he said around the food, then his eyes widened. <<PUT DOWN THAT APRICORN, WOMAN! NO, NO!!!!>>

The red light sucked him into the ball, and, in the darkness, he sighed, chewing on the food in his cheeks thoughtfully.

"Shall…" she looked at her companions, swallowing. Kino was still a possible friend. Jackson was… in need of guidance. And Wayne was no longer quite so threatening. She could do this. "Shall we continue?"

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

Toogee
post Aug 4 2010, 10:34 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Though the “danger” was long gone, Wayne was still rolling around on the ground, trying to squash whatever beast went up his pant leg.

“No no no! Get out!”

He stopped his panic momentarily to see that the rest of the group was staring into the sky. He brushed off his lab coat and picked himself off the ground, realizing that he was no longer in danger. Wayne looked up into the sky to see what appeared to be a comet coming straight towards them!

“Heads up!” Wayne cried out, quickly heading back on the trail. “I’ll save you Pokey!” He dived onto his mijumaru, prepared to protect the pokemon from the incoming shrapnel from the crash.

The “comet” proceeded to shoot out a pair of parachutes and float down into the air. It safely landed with a soft thud. The comet turned to be some sort of metal device shaped as a hexagonal prism. The only opening inside was a slot. Written above it: “Insert Pokedex Here”.

Wayne was too busy waiting for the painful shrapnel to pierce his body.

“It’ll be over just after it crashes. It’s not big enough to cause a heat wave, but just in case, I want to let you know that we could have been great friends given time.”

The mijumaru rolled his eyes. He wouldn’t have minded if he had a female trainer curled up against them, but the dorky scientist made a poor substitute. The otter struggled against his trainer, who was holding him close like a teddy bear.
-------------------------------------------------------------------

When one of the other members inserted his/her pokedex into the slot, one of the metal panels slid into the box, revealing a computer screen.

CODE
WELCOME ISSHU POKEDEX COMPLETERS!

INITIALIZING CAPTURE MODE…

ESTIMATED TIME FOR LAUNCH…1 HOUR…2 WEEKS…30 SECONDS…NOW!

The other walls on the device slid upwards as before, revealing racks of gray pokeballs. The buttons in the middle of each ball began to blink red as they started to charge. Suddenly, the blinking stopped. Dozens of pokeballs started flying out of the device on their own power. The swarm of flying “smartballs” acted as one creature, stalking the ground from the sky above. Then, it struck, diving towards an area of tall grass.

Hundreds of pidgeon pokemon took off in an attempt to avoid capture, but the smartballs were too fast.

<<By Zekrom’s horn, they’re right on top of us! Take evasive action! DO A BARREL ROLL!>> cried the flock leader, just before he was taken into one of the smartballs.

Despite their aerial maneuvers, the smartballs followed the birds’ every move. One by one, a smartball captured a mamepato, devouring the flock into nothingness. The filled smartballs returned back to the device, their buttons lit green for successful capture.

Meanwhile, another swarm of smartballs was descending upon a sleeping colony of minezumi. Strangely enough, no sentry was around to alert the rest of the colony of the danger upon them (though perhaps the cries of terror from the mamepato were enough). Imagine their horror as the unidentified flying objects started absorbing their friends and family.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Aug 15 2010, 12:01 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

*Aim for the eyes of that little perv…* A snide thought flickered into Kino’s head even as a wry smile broke out on her rosebud lips.

“Tsubaki?” Kino nodded to her regretfully male partner as the hyperactive rodent Pokemon began their attack. He turned a lazy eye upwards and nodded back with agreement, the golden collar around his neck lifting in a stiff vibration that sounded like an angry hiss.

*He’s a fighter then… At least that’s one thing we can agree on…*

As the Tsutarja stretched out his lithe form for the battle, Kino hld off on her first order and consulted the green Pokedex in her Pocket. Anyone could run into a fight blindly but she wasn’t just anyone.

“Pokedex, analyse.” She targeted her own Pokemon with the scanner first, reading through the attack options that flickered to life on the display. She raised an impressed eyebrow and then proceeded to focus the scanner on the bundles of brown atop Wayne. She nodded to herself once more with a mutter about the Pokedex not being very helpful with species that her group hadn’t already captured. Even so, a Pokemon was a Pokemon...

“Okay, Tsubaki. Let’s take this first battle seriously and see what we can learn about each other, hmm?” She folded the Pokedex away and replaced it with a Pokeball in her hand. “And while you’re at it, let’s catch one of those things.”

“Taj.”

“Then let’s go! Tsubaki attack now with your Razor Leaf attack!” Kino sent the order and was more than a little smug to see a few sets of eyes flicker her way. They may have all started the battle first, but hers was going to be the fastest.

The Grass Snake dashed forward and dropped onto his shimmering stomach, tail arcing overhead. With a paddle-like motion, he propelled himself into a spiralling slither with his tail still aloft and flicking back and forth like a whip. A spray of razor-edged leaves thudded into numerous targets as the Tsutarja attacked, leaving the rodent Pokemon wailing and beaten in the grass.

*Ugh, weaklings…* Kino mused as she took note of how simply the wild Pokemon were defeated. She sucked air through her teeth irritably as she raised her own Pokeball… And then lowered it. It appeared as though two of her companions had made a capture each already – that meant that they job was done and no more specimens were really needed. *Thank God for that! What a waste of a Pokeball!*

A whining buzz from above attracted the trainers’ attention as the commotion died down after the epically easy battle. Tsubaki returned swiftly to Kino’s heel, inspecting his claws for dirt and turning his nose up at the fallen Minezumi with disinterest.

“Heads up!” Wayne declared, already moving rapidly away from the incoming UFO. Kino rolled her eyes.

“Ignore him.” She muttered to Jackson and Mae as the three of them watched the airborne object plummet to the ground where it demanded the insertion of a Pokedex. Kino obliged, admitting her emerald device which triggered the rapid release of grey-coloured Pokeballs that performed an outstanding display of auto-capture on a scale that Kino had never witnessed before. Mae, too, seemed surprised by the unannounced onslaught of Pokemon capture and held a hand up to her lips in shock. Kino edged closer, almost automatically, to give the other girl some sort of reassurance.

First, some flying-type Pokemon that had been hidden in the grass were snagged up, rapidly followed by the insane brown rodents.

“No! Don’t waste the Pokeballs!” Kino gave a started and pushed at every button she could find on the capture machine’s panels. She was met with raised eyebrows from the others who had caught Minezumi. She blushed and moved slowly away from the machine. “I mean, we already have two… right? Why go for so many…?”

--------------------

+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Sep 6 2010, 10:27 PM
Post #18

Group Icon

Tuesday's Pack

Tomb Raider Accomplishment Log IV

I am so freaking awesome, these dorks have no idea. I mean, they really have no idea how awesome I am. They'll figure it out eventually, I suppose, unless they really are that stupid, but none of them have even realized how much I've accomplished so far, and we haven't even been on the island a day. Nicking that bag of M&Ms out of the captain's bag was cupcakes next to already catching two pokemon, and sneaking Serengeti on this shin-dig. And let's not forget dealing with this disgusting... cute fox. Still... I think I've made out pretty well.

Jackson smirked as he fingered the pokeball in his pocket. The machines that had released the mass of balls to collect data or something by capturing so many pokemon were shocking, initially. Jackson, however, had been quick the recover in the face of such an opportunity. He could capture a pokemon, and without even having to go through all the work!

That stuck-up girl who seemed to think she was pretty or something ended up saving him the trouble of finding a suitable distraction by providing herself as one. She'd gone and flipped out when the pokeballs started catching the minezumi - something about them being worthless or something. When the dweeb's and the shy girl's attention was on her, and her attention was on pressing as many buttons as she could in a frenzy, Jackson had quickly snatched a pokeball out of the air from the mass that came hurtling back, recalled by the machine. It was genius.

It's too bad I haven't had a chance to check what pokemon I "caught," but all good thing's come to those who wait, and I'm a pretty patient guy. I don't know where we're headed next - I'm letting these dorks lead and saving myself the trouble - but it's good to know I've got a one-up on the rest of them.

Walking behind the others, Jackson folded his hands behind his head with a grin. "Oh, yeah... I'm freaking awesome."

I'm Jackson Sanjare and I'm going to rule Isshu!

--------------------
[align=center]

+Quote Post

Living Arrow
post Sep 13 2010, 05:05 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

“And you really know how to do that move?” Kino enquired of her Grass Snake Pokemon, perched atop her shoulder. It had surprised even the redhead herself when she had made the decision to allow the Pokemon ride shotgun as Empolia had done when she was a tiny Piplup. The feeling of companionship may have been slightly muted by the fact that Tsubaki was a male but it was welcome after being landed with such a group of hapless trainers.

*At least Mae seems nice enough. Still need to work out how she got so far in the Silver Conference, though.*

Tsubaki raised his scaled brows in an ‘of-course-I-know-that-move!’ glance of confirmation. Kino almost smiled to herself. At least the little beggar had spirit. That said, so did the flaming piglet and the fox with the lustrous black fur. They were admirable Pokemon, indeed. A shame she hadn’t yet had opportunity to catch one of those – either would have been worthy on her team. However, in the hands of less-than-capable trainers, they were as good as cannon fodder. Tsubaki, however, was as talented as them from the get-go. Surprising… for a boy.

*Thank God I didn’t get that otter thing!*

Later that evening, Mae made the wise (if extremely apologetic and stammered) suggestion that they make camp before heading on the next day. They had reached shelter under a small copse of trees at the crest of a hill with a shallow incline – the perfect spot to set up under the stars. Kino hastily agreed with her fellow female and ushered herself and Mae away from the boys to get the best spot with the most privacy. Wayne watched them go expectantly but Kino shot him a glare of ‘stop staring, you pervert’ and helped Mae to pitch her tent under the spreading arms of a giant tree that didn’t seem native to her own Sinnoh Region.

The evening cooled and the four trainers congregated around the collective fire, the boys on the side nearest their tents and the girls opposite, closer to their own. Each trainer’s partner sat with them, getting to know their respective owners by listening in on the human conversation.
Tsubaki rested in the pit created by Kino’s crossed legs, his serpentine head resting on her bare knees. She idly stroked the smooth viridian scales on the top of his head, sliding all the way down his back to the three-pronged leaf that made his tail. Tiny quivers ran through him when she reached the very tip of his tail – a clear indication of his content state in her presence. Oddly enough, Kino felt no outward disdain for this male Pokemon as she did its human counterparts.

“Sooo…” Wayne was talking, much to Kino’s chargrin, to the group with a large map open wide infront of his knees, firelight illuminting its colourful surface. The ridiculous otter named Mijumaru by the Pokedex and even more stupidly ‘Pokey’ by the geeky researcher hovered nearby, peering at the markings on the paper intently. “We have left, what was it, Kanako Town? And were heading… Er…”

“Sanyou City.” Kino broke in. “My first Gym Battle will be there.”

“Uh, who cares about Gym Battles?” Jackson raised his eyebrows across the flames. His Zorua flexed languidly at his side. “We’re here to explore and catch stuff, not play at Pokemon Masters like it’s our first trip away from home.”

“Says the boy playing with his penknife.” Kino sneered. “Boy Scouts don’t get much say in the matter until they get the ‘Somebody Gives A Crap’ merit.”

“This whole trip is about biodiversity!” Wayne exclaimed.

“Exploring!” Jackson insisted.

“Gym Badges!” Kino snapped.

“Smores?” Mae’s tiny peep of a voice was barely audible but it managed to still the other three for a moment. Her little Pokabu, Pumba, snorted with delight and pressed her face into the side of the bag that Mae was rifling through.

Kino pursed her lips as she and the boys exchanged suspicious glares but all was soon dulled by the warming sweet taste of marshmallow, chocolate and cracker.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 14 2010, 04:45 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

Uprising Mod

Mae's hands shook as she prepared the makings for the s'mores. When she'd made the suggestion, she'd simply wanted the fighting to stop, and it had. But she could see from the looks on the faces of her companions that it was only a temporary measure; it wouldn't take much for the argument to explode again, and even if it didn't happen right away, it would happen.

The fire was perfect for roasting s'mores, and as they melted the chocolate and marshmallow onto the crackers, she released timon. The minezumi chattered at her loudly until Puumba headbutted him to the ground, at which point Mae handed him the sandwich she'd made for him. She cast a sidelong glance at Puumba, but other than a wary glare, the piglet did not seem on the verge of attacking the other pokemon. She stroked Puumba between the ears and, glancing up, noticed that the others had their mouths full of gooey marshmallow and chocolate.

"I... I think you're... I think you're all right."

She could feel the stares of the others on her, she didn't have to glance up, except that she knew, from watching her father, that she had to at least look at them once in a while, just to show that she was serious. It was not easy to look at Kino, who's force of will was so strong it eclipsed most of the people Mae could bring to mind. It was slightly less of a problem looking at Jackson's; however, he presented a different deterrence. He cared about his point. They all did, but he truly believed the rest was worth very little. Wayne, similarly, held his belief to be paramount. His eyes narrowed, and he chewed slowly as Mae talked. She had to look away, feeling the heat rise in her face with a deep flush.

"It... it is... it is about..." She swallowed, about to give up, when she remembered the sight of him rolling in terror, even after the minezumi had been chased off, or tackling his poor Pokey, curling around it when the probe landed. She coughed, once, but did not look up. Her point in that arena would have to be clear without her help. "It is about... diversity... we... we are diverse. We were... we were all chosen for our different talents." She glanced at Jackson, now holding Puumba to her chest, not minding as the piglet snuffled and nibbled on the s'more in her other hand. "And it's about exploration... no... no one from our regions have ever been here... someone will have to be first..." Mae looked up at Kino, easier except for that force of will that would not be denied, but she did not feel repelled. Mae felt challenged, as if Kino were not going to off-handedly dismiss Mae, so long as Mae made sense. "And it's about gym battles.. h-how people battle, and how they treat others in battle... that's important..."

"What about you, then," someone said, and Mae didn't really know who, because blood was rushing through her ears; it was the most she had talked in front of people in so very long! Mae shrugged, trying to control her breathing. "I... I don't know... I was the only one to get... get supplies for s'mores..."

If they laughed at her attempt at joking, Mae didn't know, because she slumped to the side and passed out.

Mae awoke to darkness. She was still in her clothing, except for her shoes, and was on top of a sleeping bag. She could hear gentle breathing and pushed herself up, seeing Kino asleep in her own sleeping bag. The tent was spacious enough, but Mae could feel something curled against her, both at her waist and behind her knees. There was Puumba, ears twitching and snout rising as her eyes opened. Rising on her hands, Mae looked behind her curled knees and saw Timon, sprawled out with his head in the crook of her legs, snoring. Once in a while, he'd thrash lightly, as if fighting an enemy*.

Mae bit her lip. She would love to slip under the covers, but for one thing. With a sigh, she recalled Timon moved as quietly as possible to her bag, pulling out a pair of slippers and a flashlight, as well as her belt, on which she had placed the pokeballs received from Professor Araragi. She them slipped out of the tent.

The moon was bright, but the air was chilly, and she gave a grateful sigh as her slippers began to warm her already cold feet. She had to get her business done. Then she'd slip back into her sleeping bag for a few hours more and wake up in time to make breakfast.

She did not travel far, nor was she nervous, as she was quite used to being alone, even in the wilds. Even so, as she prepared to return to camp, a rustling noise startled her. Puumba jumped in front of her, standing on the edges of her hooves, until a tiny form stepped from the bushes, shaking and looking up at her. It was a tiny fawn, with brown legs and belly, and a back that was moving from green to orange in color.

"Oh," Mae said, squatting low to get a better look. "Oh, I wish I could take you with me, little one..."

"Bu KA!"

Without warning, Puumba dashed forward, knocking the surprised deer down. She snorted, and an ember came out of her snout, causing the deer to cry out, "Jiiiii!"

"Puumba!" Mae's hand went to her mouth. "What are you doing?!"

Puumba turned to her, blinking, then looked at the deer. She did not attack, but looked over her shoulder expectantly at at Mae.

"Oh!" Mae pulled an empty ball from her belt, took aim, and tossed it underhand. The ball rocked once... twice... then stopped, making a sparking noise.

It was then that she realized the pokemon should not have been that easy to catch. "I must be tired," she mumbled, taking the pokeball from Puumba, who had trotted to her and deposited it in her hand.

She made her way back to camp slowly, gently admonishing Puumba ("You mustn't attack until I say so explicitely, Puumba... what if I'd had nothing to capture it with?") and slipped into the tent, quietly, this time getiting under the covers after making sure she was appropriately dressed for bed (a set of green pajama tops and bottoms gave her the sense of familiarity). She closed her eyes slowly, wondering, what she would name the little deer.

"I suppose," she whispered to Puumba, who was nestled under her chin, "I will need to check its gender, first..."

--------------------

||
PANE

||
Uprising

+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:36 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.