Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

33 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Eggs taking forever to hatch?, Adblocking but not really?
Eggs taking forever to hatch?
Should ad-blockers be penalized?
Yes [ 132 ]  [32.43%]
No [ 275 ]  [67.57%]
Total Votes: 407
Guests cannot vote 

Big Bidoof
post Jun 25 2010, 05:57 PM
Post #101

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

It already works like that, there's a decently-sized grace period before any sort of penalty is applied.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

DigitalEon
post Jun 25 2010, 05:59 PM
Post #102

Pokemon Collector
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 37 387

Pokemans

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jun 25 2010, 06:56 PM) *
QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Jun 25 2010, 06:53 PM) *
Don't ask me, I'm not the one who puts software on your computer, and I have no idea what extensions you'd have or whatever. But, if you only see if when you're mass-clicking, then probably #3 - you simply need to open less Pokemon at a time.

With respect to interaction multiplier bonuses like today and CM days, allow me to remind you - "There may also be other limitations imposed on restricted accounts, which are not yet decided."

Which you could MAYBE inform us of? It doesn't seem fair that you would take something like that away with no explanation. Especially because we help EARN those bonuses.
Have you considered the idea earlier in the thread, about having to block a small percentage of ads in order to be called a blocker? In order to stave off most of these unfair or mistaken block detectors?

This! So it wasn't a glitch?! Taking away CM bonuses would be the kind of thing that would get people to STOP blocking! I'm much more hurt and upset at the fact that we didn't know about it rather than the fact that it's a consequence. It's even worse for those people who weren't blocking ads who... what... click too fast? =/
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jun 25 2010, 06:01 PM
Post #103

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

QUOTE(DigitalEon @ Jun 25 2010, 06:59 PM) *
QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jun 25 2010, 06:56 PM) *
Don't ask me, I'm not the one who puts software on your computer, and I have no idea what extensions you'd have or whatever. But, if you only see if when you're mass-clicking, then probably #3 - you simply need to open less Pokemon at a time.

With respect to interaction multiplier bonuses like today and CM days, allow me to remind you - "There may also be other limitations imposed on restricted accounts, which are not yet decided."

Which you could MAYBE inform us of? It doesn't seem fair that you would take something like that away with no explanation. Especially because we help EARN those bonuses.
Have you considered the idea earlier in the thread, about having to block a small percentage of ads in order to be called a blocker? In order to stave off most of these unfair or mistaken block detectors?

This! So it wasn't a glitch?! Taking away CM bonuses would be the kind of thing that would get people to STOP blocking! I'm much more hurt and upset at the fact that we didn't know about it rather than the fact that it's a consequence. It's even worse for those people who weren't blocking ads who... what... click too fast? =/

What i'm getting is that those of us who click to fast are losing our CM bonuses that we help earn due to a few slow-loading, bandwith-eating monster flash ads.
Still, it seems ridiculously unfair that no announcement was made or edited letting us know that one of the blocker consequences was loss of cms.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

Xhakum
post Jun 25 2010, 06:09 PM
Post #104

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 390

Ownage

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Jun 26 2010, 08:45 AM) *
With respect to people getting the message saying they're blocking ads when they aren't, there's really only three possibilities:

1) You're blocking them and don't realize it.
2) You're using a severely outdated web browser and the JavaScript doesn't work properly.
3) Either your connection is really poor or you're simply doing too much at once, and the JS for the ads doesn't load.

Which aren't really factors it can take into consideration, and are really all things you'd have to correct on your own. unsure.gif

And as an aside, how long the page takes to load has nothing to do with anything it since it's client-side Javascript that only executes once the page is fully loaded, and is entirely dependent on your computer and nothing else.

I'm doing none of those things...
CM days were working fine for me (as far as I know) and I was getting the bonus interaction gains from it. But only today the X3 wasn't working which means I fall under the ad blocker category when I haven't been doing anything different. And I certainly do not click too fast! It must be something to do with my connection or something. Does this mean I can't have any CM day bonuses anymore? If so I think that is extremely unfair...

This post has been edited by King Gumball: Jun 25 2010, 06:11 PM

--------------------

Sleeping Celebii for the Avatar/Sig~

~Credit to Dock Ock for the shiny Cha-Cha~
+Quote Post

ForeverGone
post Jun 25 2010, 06:12 PM
Post #105

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 48 080

Moon's Rangers

First point says "and you don't realize it". So how could you *know* you don't ? ^^'
Also, about something said earlier, he didn't say "clicking to fast", he said "opening too many tabs at once". The clicking goes alright, since no matter how fast you still click one tab at a time.

But if you're opening 100+ tabs at once, your computer gets to deal with it all simultaneously, and that's when the problem comes, if i got it right.

Finally, Gumball, there is a typo in your sig laughing at my face. Please slap it across the face ? cat.gif

--------------------
Member of :

+Quote Post

DigitalEon
post Jun 25 2010, 06:17 PM
Post #106

Pokemon Collector
Group Icon

Pokemans

^A lot of people only see the adblocking message sometimes. If they were blocking all ads, wouldn't it load every time, or at least way more often? It's probably that the ads aren't always loading.

QUOTE(Annakyoyama358 @ Jun 25 2010, 07:01 PM) *
QUOTE(DigitalEon @ Jun 25 2010, 06:59 PM) *

What i'm getting is that those of us who click to fast are losing our CM bonuses that we help earn due to a few slow-loading, bandwith-eating monster flash ads.
Still, it seems ridiculously unfair that no announcement was made or edited letting us know that one of the blocker consequences was loss of cms.

Yeah, which is pretty ridiculous, especially since you guys are probably doing more to help get CM days in the first place.
+Quote Post

Xhakum
post Jun 25 2010, 06:25 PM
Post #107

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Ownage

QUOTE(Tsukichi @ Jun 26 2010, 09:12 AM) *
First point says "and you don't realize it". So how could you *know* you don't ? ^^'
Also, about something said earlier, he didn't say "clicking to fast", he said "opening too many tabs at once". The clicking goes alright, since no matter how fast you still click one tab at a time.

But if you're opening 100+ tabs at once, your computer gets to deal with it all simultaneously, and that's when the problem comes, if i got it right.

Finally, Gumball, there is a typo in your sig laughing at my face. Please slap it across the face ? cat.gif

Haha yes but I cant be bothered to fix it.

I used to open 150 tabs, which is nothing compared to some users who do have the X3 privileges. And lately no one can open any more than 100 tabs at once... and in the time i did open 150 tabs (which was when I got my new laptop) I was still getting CM days as far as I know. It was only today I realized that my eggs weren't hatching fast.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ForeverGone
post Jun 25 2010, 06:37 PM
Post #108

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 080

Moon's Rangers

I wasn't talking about 100 being a deadline or something... I meant, the problem is with opening a lot of tabs at once, not with clicking them. That's all. ^-^

Now, i don't know enough to explain anything or even argue about it. I was just bumping on what BB said, or what i understood from it. So ican't help further, sowwy. ^^'

--------------------
Member of :

+Quote Post

Cobalt Moonlight
post Jun 25 2010, 06:43 PM
Post #109

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 87 134

Active Squad

okay not sure if this has anything to do with adblocking but i can only open 100 tabs at once.

more problems

its a x3 day. why the heck is it still taking 150 interactions to hatch a 5120 egg. it should only take 50. so why is it doing this? i saw the adblocking message once. and i dont use anything to specifically block ads. only image blocking. and the time i saw the adblocking thing was on my ipod which cant do anything like that anyway. i only use image blocking. (BTW i saw that message at least 2 weeks ago. not recently)

--------------------
My Poke's:

^^One Clickers Click Cobalt^^
+Quote Post

NixAyum
post Jun 25 2010, 07:04 PM
Post #110

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 041

Active Squad

I've NEVER seen the adblock message on here, and while I installed Adblock for facebook a few months ago and didn't realize it was blocking gpx+ at the time, I turned it off shortly and that was well before Looking to the Future. My eggs are on that "takes 150 to hatch a 5,120". The only thing it could be was when I was on early today right after reset and Adobe/Java took an uber shit on my entire computer. Why am I being punished for something that wasn't my fault, especially since I NEVER WAS TOLD the site was stopping my previous bonuses?

I know it's not point one. I see the ads every page, even with "close tab after interacting" checked.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Boogie Ronnster
post Jun 25 2010, 07:19 PM
Post #111

I'm under yer bed instigating night terrors >8)
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 319

PENI- Uh.. SPACE ENVY

QUOTE(richkid50000 @ Jun 25 2010, 07:43 PM) *
okay not sure if this has anything to do with adblocking but i can only open 100 tabs at once.

I have no view on the issue in this thread...I don't tread where the waters go too deep (most of the time).

But..I thought I may as well answer this sort of off topic question.

100 is the limit to opened taps. However, if you press "GO!" 2 times...it's 200 tabs...3 times...300 tabs..etc..etc..I woudln't over do it though :/

Your second statement seems like you've been opening too many tabs and not loading the ads properly. I only say thing because your statement is similar to other people's statements in this thread (did you read the entire thing? >.> )

--------------------
Call me Ronnie (or Ronnster) Please :> NOTICE: I'm not that active at this moment so I will be uber slow with PMs and might not clickback or whatever. Maybe I'll be back in full force someday... like for the SWSH... I don't wanna miss out on the prize... <.<

KotRT (click to show)

Maybe I'm just a dreamer (click to show)

credits and personal notice (click to show)

+Quote Post

The Sorrow
post Jun 25 2010, 07:32 PM
Post #112

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 177

Active Squad

...so the lack of CM bonuses for people who block and people who "block" are done on purpose?

That's low.

Edit: Wait, hold the phone- I remember that being brought up on the original post somewhere, and "restricted accounts" did NOT equate ad-blockers as far as I remember, so what's the deal?

This post has been edited by Arthas: Jun 25 2010, 07:37 PM
+Quote Post

Xhakum
post Jun 25 2010, 07:38 PM
Post #113

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Ownage

Is there any way the Admins can fix this? Because this is really not fair to the very few of us who have done nothing wrong, so it really needs to be fixed up somehow.

--------------------

+Quote Post

somnomania
post Jun 25 2010, 07:45 PM
Post #114

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 187

Favorites

And you should have told us when they WERE decided. Bring the modhammer down on me for this if you want, but it needs to be said: You're getting more and more asshole points with every reply, BB. You're treating us like sheep, and we don't appreciate it.

QUOTE(Big Bidoof)
And as an aside, how long the page takes to load has nothing to do with anything it since it's client-side Javascript that only executes once the page is fully loaded, and is entirely dependent on your computer and nothing else.

Then why have I been getting more 504 errors than actual loaded pages ever since the second server nonsense, hm? The site definitely lags more when there are more people on, and it's been lagging even with only a few hundred people on since the server was added. And other sites can be going perfectly fine while GPX is busy being constipated in the background.

--------------------

First Gen Guardians badges (click to show)

My favorites! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Big Bidoof
post Jun 25 2010, 07:56 PM
Post #115

Watching YOU
Group Icon

Group: Root Administrators
Member No.: 1

Active Squad

QUOTE(Arthas @ Jun 25 2010, 08:32 PM) *
Edit: Wait, hold the phone- I remember that being brought up on the original post somewhere, and "restricted accounts" did NOT equate ad-blockers as far as I remember, so what's the deal?

No... that's exactly what it means. Not sure where anyone said otherwise. unsure.gif

QUOTE(somnomania @ Jun 25 2010, 08:45 PM) *

And you should have told us when they WERE decided. Bring the modhammer down on me for this if you want, but it needs to be said: You're getting more and more asshole points with every reply, BB. You're treating us like sheep, and we don't appreciate it.

Not like it should matter - people shouldn't even be blocking ads in the first place. They were given fair warning that restrictions would be in place for doing so, so regardless of knowing the full extent of them, they still bring it upon themselves.
QUOTE(Big Bidoof)

Then why have I been getting more 504 errors than actual loaded pages ever since the second server nonsense, hm? The site definitely lags more when there are more people on, and it's been lagging even with only a few hundred people on since the server was added. And other sites can be going perfectly fine while GPX is busy being constipated in the background.

Um, what? That has nothing to do with anything I said. dry.gif

JavaScript execution has nothing to do with server load, it's entirely based on your own computer. Not entirely sure what you're getting at...?

And moreover. yay reading.

--------------------
"Java is to JavaScript as ham is to hamster."

+Quote Post

DigitalEon
post Jun 25 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #116

Pokemon Collector
Group Icon

Pokemans

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Jun 25 2010, 08:56 PM) *
Not like it should matter - people shouldn't even be blocking ads in the first place. They were given fair warning that restrictions would be in place for doing so, so regardless of knowing the full extent of them, they still bring it upon themselves.

People have legitimate reasons for blocking ads, though, especially now that it costs $20 to get them removed.

And again, I remember reading that these "restrictions" were, at the time, limited to confusing very rare/novelty restrictions that... the admins never, ever clarified despite lots and lots of asking. As well as not getting extra bonuses that donors/non-blockers got. The very reason I decided to take my chances and block ads was because I weighed my options and decided I could deal with that. This kind of dishonesty is extremely disrespectful, particularly to those who, unlike me, have extremely good reasons for blocking ads related to, say, health.

We were given the impression that not blocking ads would lead to extra bonuses, not restrict people this fucking much, pardon my language. =/ The extent of such restrictions was never made clear to users.
+Quote Post

The Sorrow
post Jun 25 2010, 08:05 PM
Post #117

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 177

Active Squad

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Jun 25 2010, 05:56 PM) *
QUOTE(Arthas @ Jun 25 2010, 08:32 PM) *

No... that's exactly what it means. Not sure where anyone said otherwise. unsure.gif

Please quote to me where it's stated specifically that ad-blockers = restricted accounts, because I will admit that it's been a bit since I read that page, and I have a pretty bad memory.

Not that it changes the fairness; yes, I admit, people shouldn't be blocking in the first place, even if it helps them ~mass click~ or even if the site won't run for them without doing so. Not all of the people experiencing this problem ARE blocking, however, even when not opening too many tabs at once. Maybe their interactions shouldn't count toward the CM bonus in the first place, in that case.

This post has been edited by Arthas: Jun 25 2010, 08:06 PM
+Quote Post

Xhakum
post Jun 25 2010, 08:07 PM
Post #118

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Ownage

QUOTE(Big Bidoof @ Jun 26 2010, 10:56 AM) *

But what about the users like me who have not been blocking ads, just our comps or whatever. It is unintentional and completely not our fault. So can you please fix this up? I don't want to miss every single CM Day when I have done nothing wrong.

And my parents wont let me donate to this site either....

This post has been edited by King Gumball: Jun 25 2010, 08:09 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

somnomania
post Jun 25 2010, 08:08 PM
Post #119

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 187

Favorites

Excuse me? What we think doesn't matter? More points to you, sir. Maybe you missed my earlier comment about only blocking ads because of the headache-inducing bandwidth hog Flash ads?

QUOTE(Big Bidoof)
Um, what? That has nothing to do with anything I said. dry.gif

JavaScript execution has nothing to do with server load, it's entirely based on your own computer. Not entirely sure what you're getting at...?

Moreover, I THINK YOU'RE DEAF. I'm saying it's NOT based on my computer, because my computer does everything else fine while GPX is timing out left and right. I can have three memory-heavy applications open, and everything will be running smoothly, but woe betide me if I open GPX these days. Hard to get any clicking done, y'know?

And stop redirecting us to crap you've already said.

--------------------

First Gen Guardians badges (click to show)

My favorites! (click to show)
+Quote Post

Annakyoyama358
post Jun 25 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #120

Captain of the KaiRei Ship
Group Icon

Member No.: 9 269

My top 6 Most wanted

Oh yes, computer glitches and laggy pages left and right when even flashgames load like lightning is ENTIRELY our fault. Sonomania is correct, I am very displeased by your attitude. Yes, those who block ads are robbing you of revenue for the site. But those of us not using a blocker are being robbed of bonuses WE WORKED FOR that you DID NOT inform us we could lose.

You cloud have saved yourself this whole thread if you'd simply posted another announcement saying "this is what the full negatives will be, and these are htings to beware of, lest we think you are blocking ads when you arn't."

But you we're too much of a high-and-mighty to do something so simple, and now you're brushing us off. You're being a jackass, pardon my french. Linking us to announcements where you speak in vauge is not enough of a disclaimer to save you from that\.

--------------------

Feel free to PM me if you'd like me to gift you any Level 1-8 trinket happy.gif

If you have these trinkets, please let me know what you'd like to trade!
- Zombified "B" Slab - Wymsified "W" Slab - Froakie Plushie - Dreamball Walker - Withered Gracidia Flower - Poochyena Chew

Ultimate Goal:
Complete the eevee.gif Eevee eevee.gif Evolutions.... AS SHINIES
jolteon.gif flareon.gif
Obtained:
vaporeon.gif umbreon.gif espeon.gif leafeon.gif glaceon.gif :sylveon:
+Quote Post

33 Pages V  « < 4 5 6 7 8 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 02:45 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.