Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
An Obstacle Called Mount Carello
Douken Sota
post Jun 1 2010, 12:52 AM
Post #1

Space Force? Pirate? Outlaw sounds nice...
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 104

PANE

Morning soon came to the lone camper. The sun pierced through the wooded covering, the Hoothoot and Noctowl taking refugee in their nests for the next night to come, just as the camper await the morning light. With new sounds of the forest surrounded the young man, his body rose slowly, placing his glasses on his forehead to rub his eyes before placing them back in front of his eyes. A yawn followed afterwords, as he looked around. "Almost reminds me of home..." he said, having a slight feeling of homesickness, as his mind flashed him back to his childhood of living in the woods himself.

With not much out, packing his things was a simple task. "A new day has arose, and with every step is another into the unknown," he told himself as he stretched. "But first, I think some introductions are in order." Reaching for his belt, he grasped the four filled Pokeballs and tossed them into the air. In a burst of four different white lights, multiple figures formed before fading, before his team was all out. "Good morning, team!" he said, each one calling out in return. "Duskull, you alright?" he asked, placing his hand on the Requiem Pokemon's head so he could hear her respond, "I'm fine, don't worry!" He smild to her before showing her to his team, "Now Duskull here is going to be apart of our family. Duskull, this here is Croagunk, Seel, and Growlithe, who you met before. Everyone, this is Duskull. Together, I know you will all be great!"

He watched them gather around, talking to the new Duskull, who seemed weird-ed out by the huge attention. Douken, however, just smiled, knowing they would have some good times together. Some of it even reminded him of some of the other trainers he met, like Jaima from the castle they took part in. They all seem so independent... each one unique in their own way. And yet, I just call them by whatever they are... He knew some trainers would give names to their Pokemon, even his own parents. However, he was just bad at choosing names. Something may come up eventually, was his last thought, shrugging it off before he called out, "Alright, guys. Our destination is not far from here. All we have to go is climb that mountain," he said, pointing at it. "Easier said than done, however. I trust you will all be of some assistance?" They all cried out cheerfully in support.

"Duskull, Croagunk, how about you two stay outside with me? Seel, I know I love you, but you will have trouble moving, and Growlithe, you need to learn to stay still." The Seel was sad, but acknowledged the problem. Growlithe, however, was too busy looking at a Rattata, ready to chase it. "Growlithe..." Rubbing the puppy's collar caught his attention which had him look back with his tongue lolling out happily. "See what I mean?"

With all that set out, Douken returned the two Pokemon back into their portable "homes" and continued on. With the poison frog by his side and the haunting figure on his head, they soon reached the base of the mountain. He looked at his grounded friend, wondering what he thought about his place, knowing what occurred here as well. He could only figure he was still aggravated with that Ursurang that got him. Croagunk only looked back up, his cheeks puffed up as he slowly croaked. it was his way to say he was alright. Smiling, Douken looked back up and began their accent.

--------------------
Let the Kishin Egg take you to my GPX+ Team.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 1 2010, 11:03 AM
Post #2

Weak Livered Milk Drinker
Group Icon

Group: RP Moderators
Member No.: 208

And a Golurk

QUOTE(Pan’s Blog Entry #5)
Loads of treasure in the Underground
I’m typing this up from Under Hill, this small town built, well…under a hill. It’s totally underground: it’s built like an apartment complex in that the homes and stores go up rather than stay on the ground. It’s a really neat place to check out if you happen to be in the area.

Anyways, I found a ton of things while traveling through the tunnels. Thanks to my new friend Justin, I managed to find a piece of amber. With any luck, The DNA inside will yield a pokemon. I also found a few evolution stones and this weird necklace. It’s shaped like a donut and has some sort of alphabet running down the side. It’s something I’ll have to look into later in the trip.

Justin was a really big help in my trip. You wouldn’t believe how thick his arms were! When we faced a large mech being driven by a particularly angry construction worker, he jumped right on top of him and started ripping it apart! He didn’t get too far, but it was enough of a distraction for Zulu to smack it around (sorry for the dirty rampardos Darryn).

Justin had to keep going, so I find myself alone again, though with one more pokemon companion. I caught a cleffa in the tunnels. She’s very cute, but has an incredible appetite. I’m afraid of running out of supplies during the next trip.

Speaking of which, I’m heading back to Mt. Carello to investigate a cave near Arasam. The professor said there were reports of strange paintings on the walls. I’ll check back when I get to Arasam.

Tootles,
Pan

Pan finished her latest entry of her blog in the comforts of the pokemon center of Under Hill. Even though the building resembled a small cave (stalactites and stalagmites included), it still had the modern conveniences of its above ground cousins. She took another quick glance at the e-mail sent by her professor.

QUOTE(Prof. Stone’s e-mail)
Pan,

Good work in the Underground. The fossil you sent was in magnificent condition. Our scientists will be working on it immediately. As for the construction crew you encountered, I can assure you they were not associated with our museum. As soon as I contact the authorities about the incident, we’ll send a real crew to investigate what you found. Judging from the photos taken, I would have to say you found the missing pieces of the Earth Temple.

There were a native people that lived long before the Founders’ arrival known as the Furites. There’s still a lot we don’t know about them, but they seemed to have worshipped legendary pokemon in such temples. In the case of the Earth Temple, they paid tribute to Groudon. They apparently thought this pokemon was responsible for good harvests and precious metals. This is far more than I was ever expecting you to find. A job well done!

Speaking of which, I have another cave for you to check out. There are supposed to be a series of cave paintings that I would love to see. It may reveal more about Furite culture. It’s near Arasam, but the cave is quite difficult to get to. Please be careful; Mt. Carello is a dangerous mountain to hike upon.

Best of luck,
Prof. Stone

P.S. I received the item you retrieved the other day. It is in safe hands. The proper people have been notified and will keep the area under watch.

Pan knew the item he referred to was the Ho-Oh feather from the events at Castle Vonmoto. She figured the item would be far safer in the hands of the museum than in her crammed backpack. It would also be kept secret, as recommended by Mr. Vonmoto. This would certainly explain the cryptic nature of the professor’s letter; he took the matter seriously. Much as she would love to whip it out for storytelling with her fellow travelers, Pan knew this was for the best.

Still, Pan couldn’t help but wonder who those construction workers were. It was looking more and more likely that they were raiders out to pillage the ancient temple. She was certainly glad that they didn’t get away…

For the moment though, she had more important concerns to deal with. Her pokemon were interacting with each other in the other room, getting to know their new teammate Lima. Unfortunately, it had gotten off on a bad start. The cleffa looked at Chi-Chi and, thinking that the blue stripes on the pachirisu was cotton candy, waitied for the right moment for Chi-Chi to lower her guard. What followed was Chi-Chi’s screeching as Lima attempted to suck off the colored fur. At the side, Turnip seemed to be laughing at the spectacle, while Fenrir was trying to break the two up without hurting them.

Pan quickly intervened, returning the cleffa back to her pokeball. She then grabbed Chi-Chi, examining her fur to make sure she was all right. Other than being a bit wet with saliva, the pachirisu was all right. The ivysaur was still chuckling, though he stopped as Pan gave him a dirty look.

“How about we get moving?” she asked her team. Everyone obliged and started walking out of the pokemon center, with Pan wondering what to do about her cleffa’s cravings.

Turnip led the way through the thick brush, using his vines to cut a path towards the mountain. Pan walked close behind the ivysaur, with Chi-Chi safe in her vest. It had been a long trek through the forest, but they would soon end up at the base of Mt. Carello. Pan smiled as they came to the end of the forest and at their desitination.

The mountain was ridiculously high; it seemed to puncture the clouds above. Arasam wasn’t quite within sight; there would seem to be a bit of climbing to do before they reached that city. Closer ahead though, a trail carved through the mountain would likely lead to easier access. Still, from this side of the mountain, Pan would still have to do a good deal of climbing.

However, it seemed that someone was already attempting to reach the mountain. His spiky dirty blond hair was immediately recognizable as from one of the guests from Castle Vonmoto. Before he got too far into his ascent, Pan called out to him.

“Need a partner?” she shouted. It was a simple question, but the point was to get Doukan’s attention.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

Credit for 2gamer's Seel of Approval (click to show)
+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 1 2010, 11:40 AM
Post #3

Group Icon

PANE

Hearing a familiar voice, Douken turned back to the familiar voice, calling out, "Glad to see you are going well, Pan and Turnip." Yes, he easily recognized the girl from the castle, seeing how near the end of it, he fell on her twice, once after a long slide on snow, and the other was him slipping trying to get up, having the Ivysaur shove him off. Sure, they met before everything in the castle started, like him nearly sitting on the same Pokemon, but the former was in his head more.

Heading away from the mountain, Duskull floated there, hovering before looking at his Croagunk, asking, "So, he knows her?"

Croagunk shrugged it off, replying, "Eh, they met before some time back. Don't worry, she won't bite..."

After the small hellos, Douken asked her, "So, I take it you are headed for Arasam as well? That can be the only thing someone would be headed in this direction..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 1 2010, 07:22 PM
Post #4

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Not exactly,” Pan replied. “I’m here to look at a cave somewhere near Arasam. I have to take pictures.” She patted the camera on her neck, ready at a moment’s notice.

“Though, I wouldn’t mind visiting the city afterwards,” Pan said as she looked up. To get to the trail above, they would have to climb up a few stories. She had only climbed upon rock walls back in Celadon a few times. There appeared to be plenty of grooves and rocks to grasp, so this looked like an easy climb.

“How about we catch up when we get to that trail up there?” Pan asked, referring to the climb ahead. Turnip started the climb by ingraining his vines into the rock surface. This provided enough support for the ivysaur to crawl up the wall, swinging his vines upward one by one as he kept moving. After putting her camera and necklace within her backpack, Pan followed, using the more traditional method of grasping rocks while her legs pushed her upward.

Things were going well; Pan was moving at a quick and steady pace. It seemed far easier than any rock wall she ever climbed upon. If things kept up, they could get up to Arasam in no time! She was even confident enough to play a game with Douken.

“Hey, I’ll race you to the top- Woah!”

The optimism quickly disappeared when Pan’s foot pushed upon a particularly loose rock. Her hands grasped upon two other rocks to keep her from falling. As she tried to regain her footing, the rocks she was grasping onto started to budge. Turnip looked down to see his human in trouble and acted quickly. He used one of his vines to wrap around Pan’s torso just as the rocks gave way.

“Crud!” she shouted, grabbing Turnip’s vine just as she started to fall. She watched as the rocks smashed into the ground below. Those could have easily been her bones.

With Turnip with only one vine on the wall, he could no longer continue going upward. His face was scrunched up under the pressure to keep Pan (and himself) from plummeting. Pan tried to regain a good footing on the mountain, but the rocks were still quite loose. Worse, every time she tried put more strain on the ivysaur.

“Already in trouble. This has to be some kind of record,” Pan said humorously. Her face showed that she was a bit nervous about the situation as she looked for a good place to climb.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 1 2010, 07:54 PM
Post #5

Group Icon

PANE

Douken wasn't going as fast as Pan was. Unlike her, he never climbed any rock walls (plenty of trees, but no mountains), so the thought of slipping and falling make him a little anxious, checking places to grip were fine before placing his whole weight upon it. Croagunk didn't have a lot to worry about. He seemed strong enough to jab his hand into the mountain's side just enough for a comfortable grip, and later to use to stand in. Duskull already beat everyone, just having to float to the top, humming a small tune.

"You alright?" Douken called out to Pan, who managed to drop a few feet before her Ivysaur managed to pull a miraculous save. Her dangling worried him, but he was in no position to help. Croagunk was higher as well, so he would of had to go down and help. "Duskull, we need your help! See if you can help Pan with her footing!"

Looking at the situation, the ghost hovered back down as fast as she could until she was under her feet to stand on for a bit. With body contact, she was able to communicate to her, "Please hurry up, I don't like the idea of being the floor..." All the time, Douken stood his ground to make sure she was alright.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 1 2010, 09:18 PM
Post #6

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Pachi pachi!”

Chi-Chi looked around to see that they were pretty high up with no trees to grab onto. Her thoughts on this were quite simple: this was totally bad!

Pan looked down to see Douken’s new pokemon not only supporting her weight, but also using telepathy. Pan nodded at the duskull’s appearance; she was a little busy to show any surprise in her appearance. Pan looked around the wall; each protrusion appeared to be risky at best. Should she fail, Pan wasn’t sure the duskull could support the sudden movement.

Turnip had the same concern; he wasn’t about to trust another pokemon with Pan’s life. If only he had more vines…

The ivysaur concentrated very hard. Once again, Pan was in life-threatening trouble and it was up to him to get her out. This had always been the case even before they stepped foot on Furoh. Sure, she had more pokemon with her now, but Turnip always felt it was his ultimate duty to get her out of the real trouble. That time had come once again.

Several more vines started bursting from Turnip’s flower, allowing greater stability. The flower itself started to unfold from its closed state. The ivysaur began glowing, his body becoming even larger and wider. Pan and Chi-Chi stared upwards in awe as Turnip evolved into his ultimate form.

“VENUSAUR!”

Suddenly, the vine around Pan lifted her off the duskull with relative ease. Turnip placed his human behind his head. She sat with her legs dangling on each side of the venusaur’s neck, her back on the newly elongated flower stem. With Pan safe, Turnip started climbing up once more, with his vines acting like spider legs.

Pan was relieved when they finally reached the trail. She stepped off her pokemon and sat on the ground, leaning against Turnip.

“Good boy Tunip,” she said in thanks, patting the venusaur on the head. Turnip hoped she wouldn’t get into further trouble; he was all out of evolutions…

When Douken joined Pan at the trail, she was smiling as she massaged the great beast’s knees.

“Can we stick with the trail for the rest of the trip?” she half-joked, though Pan had no plans on any further rock climbs for the rest of the trip.

Evolution (click to show)

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 1 2010, 09:42 PM
Post #7

Group Icon

PANE

Douken also watched as the grass bulb Pokemon took upon the new form. With a larger flower on his back and stronger body, the newly evolved Venusaur helped her back up and to the top. "Let me guess, no help for me, huh?" Sighing, he continued on his own strength carefully, Duskull by his side and Croagunk keeping his lead.

---

It honestly felt like an hour's climb until Douken reached the road, flopping his tired body on the ground. AS she joked about no more climbing, he could only agree. "I don't think my arms could take that..." Sitting up, he looked over the cliff the small party climbed before searching through his bag for a water bottle. "Besides, I am sure we are on a commonly used trail, see?" He pointed at the warn-out road, completely different from the cliff's edge which seemed completely untraveled (But who would ever walk on the edge of a cliff?). "All we have to do is head up." he look a drink of the water before offering it over to his Croagunk, who took a quick drink as well.

Getting up, he took a hold of the Requiem Pokemon and began to brush her back off. "So then, which way?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 2 2010, 08:35 AM
Post #8

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“Well, the only way to go is up, so let’s try that.”

Pan stood up from the ground, brushing the dirt off her shorts as she looked ahead. The trail continued around the mountain, with no end in sight. There was still a fair bit of walking to do before they reached their goal. Pan started walking by Douken’s side, with Turnip bringing up the rear.

Curious of her partner’s new form, Chi-Chi left the confines of Pan’s vest and climbed onto the venusaur’s back. The expanded foliage and large flower brought warm memories of home to the pachirisu. She stayed on top of the flower, taking in the sweet scent emanating from Turnip’s flower. The venusaur seemed slightly annoyed by the new attention given, but not enough to pull the pachirisu off of him.

“So, what have you been up to since the castle?” she asked Douken, looking behind her to check on her pokemon. "I noticed you have a new member, and she can 'speak'. What's that like?" THough she had plenty of experience with telepathy back in Castle Vonmoto, she never had her own pokemon speak with her.

"Ooh, that reminds me."

Pan turned to the duskull and started scrunching up her face in an attempt to deliver her own psychic message, completely forgetting the consequences from the last time she attempted this.

<<THAAAANNNKKK YOOOOOOU!>>

After a fair bit of walking, the pair eventually met a fork in the road. The right half of the forked trail, the one commonly used by travelers, led into the mountain. The left path continued on a narrow path around the side of the mountain. It seemed to be the far more dangerous path: the path was just wide enough to allow a person to slowly scoot across, with nothing but the ground several stories below to stop their fall. Worse, there didn’t seem to be another tunnel waiting for them at the end; the path could lead to a dead end.

“Well, this is a predicament,” Pan commented. “There might be different pathways on the right, but there might be no paths on the left. Or the opposite.”

She looked over to Douken for his opinion.

“Flip a coin?”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 2 2010, 11:01 AM
Post #9

Group Icon

PANE

Duskull could only blink in confusion as Pan stared at her with the weird face. "Ummm, why is she looking at he like that?" She asked Douken, trying to back away from her, which resulted in part of her passing into him, sending a cold shock through his body, forcing him to stand straight with an uncomfortable look before she realized what happened and went forward again so he could catch his breathe.

"Be more careful, girl..." he told her, patting her head. "As for why, I have no idea." looking at her, he couldn't help but laugh. "Pan, why are you making a face like that? Did you hear her when she helped you?"

The Duskull moved over to Pan and placed herself on the human girl's head, just to tell her, "I met him last night. it seems that when i am touching him, he can understand me, can you?"

"Its just an idea, but i think her form of telepathy isn't that developed. She can understand us just fine, but for us to understand her, she must be in physical contact with someone. I am sure as she develops, her skills will strengthen more."

---

After a while more of hiking and conversation and random tidbits, they soon reached, the fork, one pathway being bigger than the other, a LOT bigger. This may be why the right trail was being used so much, since the left looked more like a death trap at this angle.

"What if the smaller path was made like this for a reason," he thought out loud, feeling the wall. "The wall is very smooth, nothing sticking out to force us into a dangerous situation unless we choose to lean forward." He turned to pan and said, "Turnip may be WAY too big for here, but this seems to be our best bet, especially if no one recent has been here before."

Duskull went to confirm the thought, floating ahead of the trail, seeing how the further down the small path, the wider it got out of site. With her telling him about it, Douken made his full decision. With turnip back in his Pokeball for his own safely, the two humans and three Pokemon slowly moved against the wall's edge, waiting for the fork to vanish from their sight. From there, the path widened slowly to a point where the could walk comfortably across.

After a couple minute's walk, the path widened more, coming to the face of a large cave entrance. "Seems like we're here," he said, heading into the dark cavern, "And they forgot to have any lights...." he sighed as he went to lean on a wall, but nearly leaned on a standing torch. "Hmmm..."

He removed his Growlithe's Pokeball from his belt and released him, the puppy looking around confused in the dark. "Growlithe, listen up," he said picking the pup up and holding him in the torch's direction. "Now then, I want you to send some of your embers in this direction." He was still confused, but went with it, having the head burst into flame, lighting the small section of the room, and showing more torches. "Think you can get them all?" The puppy merely barked and leaped out of his arm to get the others. With all torches lit, Douken couldn't help but look around and say, "It almost looks like a shrine...."

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Jun 2 2010, 09:10 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 2 2010, 06:59 PM
Post #10

Group Icon

And a Golurk

“I’m trying to communicate with her,” Pan replied to Douken, her face remaining in its shriveled position. After the duskull spoke and Douken provided his explanation, Pan sort of understood what was going on. Telepathy was such a complicated art.

“Hey, I can hear her!” she replied with the duskull still on her head. Though it was a tricky ability, Pan found the idea of communicating clearly with pokemon quite interesting.

After they talked about nighttime excursions and underground adventures and stopped at the fork in the road, Pan nodded with Douken’s reasoning. If one was looking for a cave rarely seen, then one should choose the path less traveled.

“Turnip, return.”

The venusaur growled unenthusiastically as he disappeared within the pokeball. Chi-Chi, having been on top of Turnip, quickly fell down, a little muffled about the turn of events. She quickly ran to Pan and crawled back into her vest. The woman then began the journey across the narrow passage.

With her back against the wall, Pan scooted behind Douken along the cliff edge. She looked down; they were quite far from the ground. Good thing she wasn’t afraid of heights.

When they finally arrived at the cave entrance, Pan watched as Douken and his growlithe worked to light the torches. She looked at Chi-Chi and gave a wink.

“Show them how it’s done, Chi-Chi.”

The pachirisu stuck her head out, her cheeks beaming with light. The flash attack lit the room in an instant, allowing its contents to be revealed. Chi-Chi stuck her tongue out at the growlithe, showing off as Pan had a look around.

The “shrine” was clearly abandoned for quite some time. The old wooden table was quite dusty, the two chairs still in place. Steel eating utensils were lying upon the table; did someone live here? In the back, there was a raised area, a stage that had areas that were burned, slashed, damaged by water, and otherwise worn out. The most impressive part of the room however was the painting.

Pan had expected simple drawings of stick figures. What she was staring at was nothing short of magnificent. It was a fresco of a man garbed in a toga, his ampharos by his side. He stared down upon the Carello highlands, where herds of tauros roamed the land. Up in the sky, the familiar rainbow phoenix Ho-oh blessed the land with a rainbow. It was a miracle that this work of art had lasted so long. Pan quickly took her camera out and took several pictures of the fresco.

“You see this Douken?” Pan said, smiling at the find. Aside from the near-death experience getting up to the cave, this was a fairly easy mission.

In fact, it was almost too easy…

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 2 2010, 09:43 PM
Post #11

Group Icon

PANE

Gazing at the large images carved into the stone, he could not help but remember the warmth that came from the majestic bird who saved so many lives that day. His hand even withdrew into his packet to feel the feather brush upon his fingertips. Whenever he thought about that moment, the feather felt like it warmed up. "Its still amazing that Ho-oh saved us, huh?" he asked her. "I still wish i could thank him properly..."

However, as the two gazed at the mural, a third voice entered, "Oh wow, its beautiful!" It was a female's voice. "Darling, i want it!"

Douken turned around to notice two new figures joined the party. One was a dark brunnette whose hair fell down to her butt and wore a loli-gothica outfit. She was clinging closely to a punk-dressed man who had a pitch-black Mohawk.

"No worries babe," the other man replied, "Soon everything will be all yours!" He had a mischievous grin on his face as the woman squealed in joy. "And I think I see two volunteers who will help us get all the goods we need!"

"If you are referring to us, then forget it!" Douken spat back. "Like we will let you punks order us around!"

"Darling, they are not cooperating with us! Oh, what should we do?" whined the goth, acting childish in front of everyone.

"No worries, babe! All we have to do is convince them!" It was then they both pulled out a Pokeball and tossed them into the air, bursting out two Electrodes at the entrance. "Do it!" Both of them glowed in a bright light before blasting themselves, weakening the cave's entrance to cause a rock slide, closing the cave's mouth. The shock from the blast caused Douken to stumble before falling, hitting his head on the stage floor hard.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Jun 2 2010, 10:16 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 3 2010, 09:24 AM
Post #12

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan was taken completely off guard as the two figures entered the room. Judging by there appearances, the couple didn’t seem like explorers. The subsequent events happened so fast; Pan was hardly able to process everything before she was thrown over by the explosions.

When she came to, Pan found herself lying next to Douken, having landed on her back. She could barely hear over the loud ringing within her ears. She looked over to Douken; was he all right? The lighting in the room had noticeably dimmed, likely because Chi-Chi was hiding in Pan’s vest. At least she seemed OK.

Suddenly, the young woman rose into the air. Pan wasn’t sure whether someone was forcing her up or if she was getting up by herself. She felt her belt slipping off, her pokemon with them.

“No…” she mumbled, trying to hold on to her team. Just then, she fell (or was pushed) back down next to Douken, very much disoriented.

“What…?” she asked the shadows in front of her eyes. Maybe they were people. She wasn’t sure of anything at the moment.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 3 2010, 10:52 AM
Post #13

Group Icon

PANE

"Do we get to keep these darlings too?" muffled the woman's voice.

"No way, babe. If all they have are small fry like these two, then it would be useless!" Douken's vision started to clear up, the form of the couple searching through their bags and possessions while his Growlithe and Croagunk were tied up. "They don't even have anything good on hand. I mean, this kid's bag is just full of berries!"

From the looks of it, Duskull managed to pass through the walls to escape and Pan's Pachiritsu sound a good spot to hide to not be noticed, Douken thought has the punk man kicked his bag over, his berries rolling all over the floor. It was then he felt his lower body get lifted up before a tight rope took his ankles and being dropped back down and watched the same happen to Pan.

"Now listen up, kiddies. My babe loves good treasure, something that makes her feel like a queen! And if she ain't happy, I ain't happy, got it?! Now then, if you want your precious Pokemon back, you might as well do as we say!

"Now, if what you said is true about this place being a shrine, the people must have used some riches as tributes for some nonsense like rain and agriculture and whatnot. The shrine keepers must then be pulling the strings and keeping the treasure to themselves somewhere in here!" Taking one of the wooden chairs, he dropped himself into it and commanded, "Find it!"

The woman sighed, saying to herself, "I love it when my man gets like this..."

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 3 2010, 01:58 PM
Post #14

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan started to return to her normal self as the thieves began rummaging through their things. She was very glad that she turned in the old amber and evolution stones to the professor. This was only a minor victory: Mohawk and Goth (names given by Pan based on their appearances) had the rest of her pokemon in their possession. It appeared they wouldn’t be keeping them, though a small part in Pan wanted them to release Turnip so he can give the thieves a thrashing.

On top of that, her feet were tied up.

As she listened to Mohawk’s demands, Pan knew these weren’t exactly pros. The girl was clearly a spoiled brat who was never refused anything. The guy did whatever the girl did, likely thinking this would get him on her good side. More likely than not, as soon as Goth wants another man, Mohawk would find his butt on the street.

But enough of the soap opera talk. Pan was being told to find a secret treasure room connected to the “shrine”. She wasn’t even sure this was a shrine! As soon as Goth stopped swooning over Mohawk, Pan replied back, very irritated of the situation.

“First of all, we don’t know what this place is. We just got here. Second, I can’t look for something that may or may not exist if I can’t walk.”

Pan moved her feet around to show the restraints around them. Though the situation was rather obvious, Mohawk looked back to his girl for further instructions. She apparently wasn’t used to receiving orders, but with a look of frustration, Goth gave in and ordered Mohawk to cut the ropes on both of the captives.

Pan stood up and started looking around. She didn’t want to work for the couple, but they currently had all the cards in their favor. She started the investigation by tapping the walls with her fist. She was careful to avoid damaging the fresco (which had somehow survived the explosions).

“I don’t think there’s any hollow spaces, which means there aren’t hidden areas behind the walls.”

She turned to the couple to address them directly.

“How did you find this room. You weren’t following us, so you must have come from another part of the mountain.” It was a logical theory: the builders must have had another route to bring in supplies without braving the cliff edge. Perhaps that would lead to the supposed treasure room…

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 3 2010, 11:42 PM
Post #15

Group Icon

PANE

"Why does it matter how we got here?" the goth whined. "My darling, Drake, here promised me that a lot of ancient people hold a lot of good treasure and would get me as much as I wanted! Soon, we shall live together, surrounded by all of the riches I could dream of!" The female squealed, and spun in a circle, the frilly black dress floating up as she did.

As she talked, however, Douken was looking at the fresco closely. There was something about it that told him there was something to do with that. His eyes scanned it closely until he saw what was bugging him: Ho-oh was not aligned with the rainbow. If his flight is arched by it, how come he looks like he is going up and not with the arch? Walking to the Ho-oh on the wall, he traced his fingers on the edges. "Hey Pan, I think I found something," he said, signaling to her to come. When she did, he pointed at it and said, "Doesn't that look a little off?"

Giving her time to examine it, he began to whisper, "It may be tricky, but i think we can use her greed against them, but we got to see if we have something to work with. By breaking them up, we can narrow the numbers..."

The man, Drake gazed at the two and spat at them, "What's going on there?!"

Douken, looking back, responding, "I think we found something interesting here. I'm just talking with her to verify." Placing his fingers around the golden bird, he twisted his wrist, thinking that aligning the flight path would do something.

Sure enough, something did, as a nearby wall began to move backwards.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 4 2010, 08:46 PM
Post #16

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Even when Pan was doing what the thieves wanted, they were still unreasonable. Goth could only think about all the treasures she would grab on sight, not even giving Pan so much as a clue as to other passages to the room. Other passages could lead to other rooms, one of which could be the fabled treasure room.

Just as Pan was about to make that argument, Douken called her over. She looked over the misaligned Ho-oh and came to the same conclusion: this was no coincidence. While she looked at it, Douken explained a plan to separate the couple. She wasn’t so sure how well that would turn out.

“Yeah, but wouldn’t that mean we would have to split up to?” Pan whispered back. Separating the couple might make them weaker, but it could also make them more paranoid, more likely to act recklessly against their hostages.

As Mohawk asked them what was going on, Douken turned the Ho-oh figure to its aligned position. The figure was actually a switch that resulted in the fresco being pushed into the wall. This revealed two pathways: one led to another hallway, while the other had a staircase going down. Both led deeper into the mountain, the darkness keeping the paths hidden.

It looked like Douken would get his chance to use his plan. Though Pan wasn’t sure how it would work out, they had no other plans.

“Two paths. One could lead to the treasure room, or both lead to different treasure rooms.” She hoped thinking aloud would convince the couple to split up to get to whatever treasure there was as fast as possible.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 4 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #17

Group Icon

PANE

"Then we will just have to check both!" Drake called out. "We will check each path and collect what treasure there is, got it?!"

"Hold on," Douken spoke up, "If we split up, then we can search things twice as fast."

"And what made you leader, huh?! Last I checked, you were my hostage, so I'm the one calling the shots!"

"But the longer it takes to search, the longer lil' missy here will have to wait for her treasure..."

"C'mon, darling. I want some more things to add to my collection!"

Drake stared at them, irritated before spatting at them saying, "Fine, be that way. Kym, stay with the boy, make sure he does nothing tricky. Should that ghost come back, I can trust you can take care of it. You, girly, with me."

Douken hid a smile when he was paired with the other woman, part of him glad to do so, just to make everything a lot easier for him. Should her lust and greed be the strings to the puppet, he may find a way to act as me puppeteer. Drake held all the captive Pokemon, so he was holding onto everyone they were able to grab.

"Alright, let's get going to my new riches," the goth, Kym, cheered on as she had Douken take the hallway, leaving Pan and Drake with the stairs.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 5 2010, 10:14 AM
Post #18

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Pan led the way down the stairs, maostly so Drake could keep an eye on her. She walked slowly due to the dim lighting; it was very easy to make a wrong step and fall. Normally, she wouldn’t hesitate to ask Chi-Chi to use her flash attack, but she wanted to keep the pachirisu hidden from Drake. When the moment was right, Chi-Chi could be Pan’s only hope for regaining her pokemon back.

“You know, it would be nice to have some light here. I won’t be able to see any clues about the treasure room. One of my pokemon will be able to help.” Pan was hoping she could trick Drake into giving her team back. Unlikely, but it was worth a shot.

From what little she could see, the stairway had smooth walls, as if constructed rather than naturally created. The stone stairs also appeared to be carved from the mountain. For all she knew, they could be entering a basement, an ancient tomb…or a trap.

A similar setting greeted Douken and Kym: a small hallway carved from the mountain. For the moment, the two were traveling on a relatively straight path. With Douken leading the way, Kym walked behind him.

“Are we there yet?” she complained. “It’s too dark. I can’t see anything!”

Kym then grabbed a pokeball from her purse. She released a cat-like pokemon, a delcatty. The pokemon mewed loudly as she awaited orders from her master.

“Kitty, Flash. Now!”

The delcatty started to glow, light emanating from its entire body. Soon, the darkness retreated as light surrounded the group. It revealed that they had reached the end of the hallway and into a cave. There were a couple of tunnels, both unexplored for ages. One was straight ahead, while the other was towards the ceiling, spewing cold water from the mountain peaks outside. This water fell down as a waterfall, gathering into a decent sized pond. It was like this pond went deep, hiding another tunnel for the water to escape.

“OK, which way’s the gold?” she turned to Douken.

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

Douken Sota
post Jun 5 2010, 12:23 PM
Post #19

Group Icon

PANE

"Sorry, but I have no map," he told her. "We have to trust our instincts when it comes to looking around here." He was pretty sure she would whine about the bad news. If she likes quick riches, then maybe I can try to play with her strings now...

"But why go after treasure that may not be there? I mean, your boyfriend doesn't seem to know what he's doing. I mean, I bet he wouldn't last five minutes going after some of the most exotic things at my home. I mean, Amazonian treasure is not only rare and valuable, but also so stylish." Looking at her, he moved his hand to his chin, saying, "Yes, their jewelry will make you look like a native queen," he turned back around, adding, "but unfortunately, only Amazons can get the best treasure. You try to steal from them, and you got the whole woods against you..."

---

"Yeah, right," he said, holding up both of the belts. "I know if I hand over my bargaining chips, you will just attack me and go help your friend. Don't think so..." Taking a Pokeball from his belt, he chucked it out, revealing that he had a Charmeleon. "Hey, Razz, she wants some light, so give her some." Not knowing how to give it to her, he merely fired off a couple Embers in her direction, before receiving a kick to his side. "No, you stupid lizard! From your tail! Just want in front of her and give her light from your tail!" Razz gave a small spat of fire to the side, annoyed, before he walked forward in front of Pan, doing the best he could to give light. However, all it showed for now was a twist in the staircase, nothing else.

This post has been edited by Douken Sota: Jun 5 2010, 12:23 PM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Toogee
post Jun 5 2010, 01:18 PM
Post #20

Group Icon

And a Golurk

Kym’s eyes sparkled as Douken told of the vast riches of the Amazonian kingdom. Not only that, but this boy was willing to adorn her with the finest Fidona had to offer. Her excited smile revealed her delight in Douken’s supposed offer; she was bouncing on the balls of her feet. But first, there was still some business to take care of.

“Ooh ooh! We have to make a trip real soon,” she replied excitedly. “But surely such a man who knows how to get ‘the best treasure’ knows where the treasure is hiding in this cave,” Kym’s greed was evident. She wasn’t going to abandon the riches in this cave just yet. Besides, Kym wanted to travel to Fidona in style, and she was willing to go to any lengths necessary.

Her hands grasped Douken’s right arm as she whispered “Lead the way.” Her lips nearly touched his ear, her idea of flirting. It was a common tactic in Kym’s arsenal: tempt men with the prospect of some sort of relationship to get them to do her bidding.

“Hey, watch it!” Pan shouted, rushing to the side to avoid the embers. She allowed the charmeleon to pass in front, but she shook her head at his trainer. The hostage situation was doing nothing for her mood.

As they kept walking down the staircase, the temperature started to rise. It was quite unusual for Pan: the last she visited the mountain, it was snowing. Now, sweat was dripping from her brow. She didn’t like the idea of what could be waiting for her at the bottom, especially without her pokemon at her side. She thought about Douken’s strategy of breaking the couple up. Maybe she should give it a shot…

“So, what’s it like being a servant?” she asked Drake in a matter-of-factly manner. “Hope it pays well.”

--------------------
PANE Mod

PANE x2 (click to show)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 11:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.