Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mass Clicking, Ride the Lightning style (Opera!)
Natie
post Apr 17 2010, 06:40 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 85 502

Active Squad

- I removed the part about the connection settings. I suggest not changing it, as doing so can get you IP banned.

- go to this url and download opera version 10. This guide works best with that! If you're using Opera version 11, everything will be changed around. Also, it will try to update to version 11. Just click "cancel" when it does so and it will stop bugging you forever. <3

*****Here's some image mirrors since people were having trouble seeing them: Tab Preferences | Opera Appearance | Before you open tabs | After you open tabs*****

I got 40k clicks in one day using this method. I was doing around 3600 clicks an hour; I started at 1pm and went to reset. Check my stats. <3

------------------

This is how you set it up:

1) Download & install the Opera web browser version 10 ~ get it here.

2) Use all default settings, EXCEPT....

--- Images Off: Push SHIFT+F12, then go to the "Buttons" tab. Click "Browser view". Drag the "Show Images" (without the down arrow) anywhere on your toolbar. This will turn off images. By the way, there are three settings (click three times to cycle through): Images Off (X through picture), Images On (picture), Cached Images (picture in folder).

--- Tab Preferences: Go to the Preferences (CTRL+F12), then click the Advanced tab, then go to tabs on the left side. Change your settings to mirror mine, like this.

--- Background Tabs: Go to Preferences (CTRL+F12) then, on the General tab, next to Pop-ups, use the dropdown menu to choose "Open pop-ups in background".

3) Open Opera. Make the first tab about:blank, and the second tab http://gpxplus.net/online/to. The reason I personally use this sorting is because that way, I'll only click people I haven't clicked before, and once it gets to "brickwall" mode (explained below) it makes it easier to click just the newly online people. You can use whatever sorting you prefer, though.

4) Pin both tabs by right clicking them each and clicking "Pin Tab". This is so you don't accidentally close them (very frustrating). If you did it right, it should look like this.

5) Make sure the auto-closer is on by going to your poketch, then settings.

6) (optional) I haven't tested whether it makes a difference yet, but it couldn't hurt. This tip is from Shakuhachi. Right click any tab, then go to Customize > Appearance. Change Style to "text only". Reference Image

------------------

You should be set up. Here's the actual process of mass clicking...

1) Go to your second tab. It should be the "Users Online" page. Your browser should look like this.

2) Type 100 (or whatever number your computer can handle, might take experimentation to figure out the right number) in the box, so you will open up that many pokemon and eggs. Click GO.

3) If you configured everything correctly, it should stay on the Users Online page and open up the tabs to your right. Once they open, WAIT FOR THE BLUE DOTS TO SHOW NEXT TO THE TABS. This is how you know the pages are fully loaded and ready to be clicked. It should look like this.

4) CTRL+TAB once to get to the first tab. Situate your cursor in the middle of the "warm the egg" or "chesto berry" button. This is where you'll be clicking.

5) Now it's time to actually click. Hold down CTRL, and then click, TAB, click, TAB, click, TAB until you get through them all. There is no hint or tip for this; it just relies on physical dexterity.

6) When you are finished, stay on the "Blank page" tab!! I cannot stress this enough. This makes the tabs close three times quicker than waiting for them to close while on the Users Online page.

7) Wait for the tabs to close. If you're like me... after all the tabs have closed, you'll realize that you missed 5 or 10. Feel free to CTRL+TAB over and get the rest.

8) Rinse and repeat~

------------------

Other Tips

- If you plan to getting to 30k in one day, then be prepared to hit a brick wall where you've clicked everyone. All you can do at that point is just refresh the page and open whatever tabs you can. After I get to the point where I've clicked everyone, I go back and forth between clicking people in my poketch and the Users Online page.

- If you want to get in the daily top 10 or an overall top 10 record, plan to spend all day clicking. It took me 6 hours to get 30k clicks using this method.

- Personally, I found that only clicking eggs is easier if you only plan to click a few thousand. I always start the day only clicking eggs. Then you can click those pkmn in your poketch when you hit the proverbial "brick wall". This may accidentally turn you into a "one-clicker", however, so if that bothers you, just go ahead and load the pkmn and eggs all at once.

- Depending on your computer's speed, you can do more or less than 100 tabs.

- Set a goal and stick to it. Whether your goal is to get 500 clicks in an hour or to be in the daily top 10 (or overall top 10), goals are good. Don't obsess over it, though. A realistic goal, using this method, is 2000 clicks an hour. If you're really die-hard, it's possible to do 5-6k clicks an hour, but that requires patience, dexterity, and constant refreshing.

- If it feels like the tabs are taking awhile to close, feel free to hold CTRL+W to get rid of them all (you can also right click->close all tabs). This is particularly so when you get to step #7 in the clicking, where you have a few left over and you're waiting for them to close. Because you pinned your two main tabs earlier, they won't close on you.

- Focus on Users Online first, click backs later. If you have a low goal, then you can do click backs just before you leave (but try to get them before reset!)

- Don't download any plugins, no matter how tempting it may be. The more plugins you download, the slower the browser will become. If you need plugins, you're doin' it wrong.

------------------

I hope this guide helped you. I really wanted to share how I do things (plus, I don't think I'll be doing the mass clicking thing for awhile after tonight, so might as well share the wealth.)

--------------------
quick ways to get your PMs ignored & banned by me:
- PMing me about opera guide questions (post them in the thread itself)
- PMing me over pixel debate, including ditto (despite how it looks, I'm not invested enough to debate properly)
- PMing me to ask questions about gpx itself (use the help section, and then post a thread in the help forum. i'm still a noob myself, I probably can't help you)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Keith
post Apr 17 2010, 08:32 PM
Post #2

Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 198

Team Gracidea

Interesting. Thanks. I'll try it out happy.gif

--- Images Off: Push SHIFT+F12, then go to the "Buttons" tab. Click "Browser view". Drag the "No Images" (without the down arrow) anywhere on your toolbar. This will turn off images. By the way, there are three settings (click three times to cycle through): Images Off (X through picture), Images On (picture), Cached Images (picture in folder). For clicking, you'll mostly have the images off, but you want this button to turn on images to go to the Poketch page :P

not seeing the bolded part.

This post has been edited by Keith: Apr 17 2010, 08:56 PM

--------------------
My Pokemon:

Friend's Pokemon:
+Quote Post

Thiinka
post Apr 17 2010, 08:58 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 16 742

Soul Silver Team

This looks interesting. *downloads and tries*
+Quote Post

Natie
post Apr 17 2010, 09:04 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Keith @ Apr 17 2010, 09:32 PM) *

--- Images Off: Push SHIFT+F12, then go to the "Buttons" tab. Click "Browser view". Drag the "No Images" (without the down arrow) anywhere on your toolbar. This will turn off images. By the way, there are three settings (click three times to cycle through): Images Off (X through picture), Images On (picture), Cached Images (picture in folder). For clicking, you'll mostly have the images off, but you want this button to turn on images to go to the Poketch page :P

I'm sorry, it should say "Show Images". It only says "No Images" when you already have images disabled. Derp /fixes that part

--------------------
- PMing me over pixel debate, including ditto (despite how it looks, I'm not invested enough to debate properly)
- PMing me to ask questions about gpx itself (use the help section, and then post a thread in the help forum. i'm still a noob myself, I probably can't help you)
+Quote Post

Keith
post Apr 17 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #5

Team Gracidea - We live to love!
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 198

Team Gracidea

QUOTE(Ride the Lightning @ Apr 17 2010, 09:04 PM) *

I'm sorry, it should say "Show Images". It only says "No Images" when you already have images disabled. Derp /fixes that part

haha no problem ^_^.gif I figured it out =) Thanks for this. It helps a lot. Albeit feels like cheating a bit but since you've been doing it and not banned I guess the staff don't care so guess its permitted. :v

--------------------
My Pokemon:

Friend's Pokemon:
+Quote Post

Thiinka
post Apr 17 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 16 742

Soul Silver Team

OHMYGOSH.
I'm clicking about 5x faster than I was on FireFox.
Thanks for the info! *and this helped me get off IE8!*
+Quote Post

Shakuhachi
post Apr 17 2010, 09:49 PM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 92 342

Active Squad

Wow, this is really fast! grin.gif

Think I'm going to use Opera a lot more often.

Great guide!
+Quote Post

Aurapwns
post Apr 17 2010, 10:37 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 81 085

Active Squad

Everyone says its working good so far, I'll give it a go. Please, add me to your Pal Pad, as I will as you to mine. (I only add those who have proved greatness on GPX+)

--------------------

+Quote Post

Natie
post Apr 17 2010, 10:52 PM
Post #9

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Aurapwns @ Apr 17 2010, 11:37 PM) *
Everyone says its working good so far, I'll give it a go. Please, add me to your Pal Pad, as I will as you to mine. (I only add those who have proved greatness on GPX+)

Sure! grin.gif

And to everyone else: You're welcome~ Had to share the greatness of Opera since it's so freakin' fast. xD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Natie
post Apr 17 2010, 10:53 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Keith @ Apr 17 2010, 10:10 PM) *
QUOTE(Ride the Lightning @ Apr 17 2010, 09:04 PM) *

haha no problem ^_^.gif I figured it out =) Thanks for this. It helps a lot. Albeit feels like cheating a bit but since you've been doing it and not banned I guess the staff don't care so guess its permitted. :v

Haha I don't think it's cheating, just stream lining things so it goes faster. I wasn't even the fastest clicker today xD

(also sorry for the double post mods! x__x)

--------------------
+Quote Post

Pizzakun
post Apr 17 2010, 10:57 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 61 129

Epicness

thanks for the tut happy.gif
I knew about Opera, but I never really liked the tabbing system.
But I like it now that i know how to change it. Feels much better now happy.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Apr 17 2010, 11:52 PM
Post #12

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

how does this compare to firefox?

edit: wait, nvm. i'm thinking of coming back to the mass clicking game then. firefox has been too much of a bitch to me lately all the time, especially for gpx.

--------------------
+Quote Post

42ofChaos
post Apr 18 2010, 12:34 AM
Post #13

It has been a while.
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 955

Gpx+ wanted pokemon

This works great. Like, really great. Thanks lots!

--------------------

Drydee stuff wanted!

Drydee: Mario/Pokemon chaotic crossover! (click to show)

~~Credits for Drydee stuff~~ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Shakuhachi
post Apr 18 2010, 12:47 AM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 92 342

Active Squad

I made it into the top 10 clickers because of this grin.gif! (for tonight at least)

Thanks so much Lightning!
+Quote Post

Natie
post Apr 18 2010, 01:42 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Lord Raven @ Apr 18 2010, 12:52 AM) *
how does this compare to firefox?

edit: wait, nvm. i'm thinking of coming back to the mass clicking game then. firefox has been too much of a bitch to me lately all the time, especially for gpx.

Yeah, Firefox is INCREDIBLY slow compared to Opera. Like I've said before, Firefox has become the laggy, heavy, plugin browser while Opera (and maybe Chrome) remain the quick browsers.

The only previous advantage to Firefox was Better GPX+ enhancements (specifically the tab closer) and since that has been incorporated into the site, there's no reason to use that particular browser for mass clicking any longer. A lot of the guides using Firefox refer to Better GPX+ which is now defunct anyway.

@Shakuhachi: Glad I could help. I was a little hesitent releasing this ~sekret info~ because I know I'd have more competition if I ever tried to get back into the top 10 again, but I think I'm done doing that for awhile xD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Apr 18 2010, 01:57 AM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

I'll be giving this a go later tonight. Frankly, I'm sick of tabs skipping here and there on my end. XP

Is there any add-on similar to RemoveTabs? The clicking may be marginally faster, but I like closing tabs to be just as fast as well. XD
+Quote Post

Natie
post Apr 18 2010, 02:09 AM
Post #17

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Apr 18 2010, 02:57 AM) *
I'll be giving this a go later tonight. Frankly, I'm sick of tabs skipping here and there on my end. XP

Is there any add-on similar to RemoveTabs? The clicking may be marginally faster, but I like closing tabs to be just as fast as well. XD

For me, it wasn't marginally faster, it was 138325x faster. XD Like I said before, in Firefox I could barely open 50 tabs and even then it would lag hardcore, and in Opera I can open 100 tabs literally instantly.

The tabs close pretty much instantly if you stay on about:blank when you're done cycling through them. However, yes. That function is built into Opera. You can right click and choose "Close All", which will close all the tabs except for the two you had pinned. Thanks for reminding me, I will add that to the guide <3

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dark Koopa
post Apr 18 2010, 02:29 AM
Post #18

Human, or so I'm told... *creepy music*
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 474

woo... hoo...

QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Apr 18 2010, 05:57 PM) *

I too am sick of the skipping that goes on, if opera avoids this issue then you'll have a new convert! I've been loitering waiting for other people's responses to this, and since they're all so positive I will test it now!

--------------------
In memory of Amelia, RIP.

My groovy Avatar made by xix piplup xix!
+Quote Post

Natie
post Apr 18 2010, 02:37 AM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Dark Koopa @ Apr 18 2010, 03:29 AM) *
QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Apr 18 2010, 05:57 PM) *

I too am sick of the skipping that goes on, if opera avoids this issue then you'll have a new convert! I've been loitering waiting for other people's responses to this, and since they're all so positive I will test it now!

The only tab skipping I've found is user error, in that I actually accidentally didn't click it myself. Most of the time I'll miss 4 or 5 tabs, but there have been times I slowed down and managed to click them all rather than missing a few because I was in a rush XD

--------------------
+Quote Post

Mephistopheles
post Apr 18 2010, 02:40 AM
Post #20

Mephi from underworld
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 170

Party

Hmm.. might test this at the some point and see is clicking faster than by using Firefox for me.

This post has been edited by Mephistopheles: Apr 18 2010, 02:44 AM

--------------------
(English isn't my first language and I also suffer from dyslexia. So sometimes my English might be out of this world...)
->Dragon Cave<-

~~
+Quote Post

35 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 08:47 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.