Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
The Great Day of Click, Saturday, March 6
m190049
post Feb 24 2010, 08:00 PM
Post #1

Your local psychopath
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 44 497

Fav 3 & Fav 3 Legends

The Great Day of Click

The Mystery Counter.
The Mystery Counter is NOT something only one person sees. We all know that the Mystery Counter is a group effort, correct? When the Mystery Counter reaches high enough, the Mystery Counter will "reach Critical Mass". This means that the next day, all users on the site will reap the benefits, the three mysterious rewards that we get. However, we don't always get it to critical mass every day. And, we also haven't had a critical mass in a while, either. So... Lets all set a date.

What was chosen?
Saturday, March 6th. Basically, this would be a date, where the idea is to get as many people as possible to commit to click as much as they freaking can on this ONE specific day.
-Why that day, however? - When going over a date, we decided that the most optimal day was a Saturday, as people are off from school (in most cases), and other people may be off from work. Saturday, February 27th, was probably too soon a date, however, so we opted for the next Saturday.
-Why not a Sunday? - So that if we do achieve the goal of getting the Mystery Counter to Critical Mass, the Critical Mass day would be on a weekend as well, rather then having it on a Monday, when the bulk of us go back to school and/or work.

Were you maybe thinking of Mass Clicking? Why don't you try it that day?
If you decide to take on this challenge, all you have to do, is commit to doing at least a LITTLE more clicking then your usual. At least a LITTLE bit of extra clicking on this one special day. You don't need to do humongously large amounts of mass clicking. Any amount that is higher than your normal is VERY appreciated.

The goal?
There are several goals in this day.
- To see what boundaries we can break if we work together.
- To get Sunday, March 7th, to be a Critical Mass day.
- To try and break a record in clicks for a day. Our current highest is 2,601,544, set on February 14th, 2010.
- To try and get the highest Mystery Counter in current history. Our current highest is 1,784,791, also set on February 14th, 2010.

Can we achieve all these goals?
We sure as hell can. We've done it before, haven't we? But is it really easy to do, on an average day? Not in the slightest. Yet somehow, even when we were all by ourselves, we've still managed to get the records we have now. Impressive, no?

But... What would happen... If we actually team up, and do this together? If we managed to do that, all unorganized, it's untold what could happen if we work together. And that's just that. ...Let's try it out.

So how would this work?
First, we would need as many people as possible to commit to clicking this one day, no matter how much they do. And one giant thing to keep in mind; EVERY person counts, no matter what the size of their contribution. Theoretically, even if we only ended up getting a FEW people that were to commit- it still helps. For all these clicks that a person could make, that's also more click-backs that would also be made in return. So, even if you aren't commited to doing some extra clicking, you are still essentially involved in this, by just being online on that day!

Wait, what determines the Mystery Counter anyway?
One of the biggest secrets on this site. Only the admins know the truth, however. Hence the name, "Mystery" counter. And, yes, while technically, the number of clicks in a day, and the Mystery Counter, have never been officially linked together directly... It has still always been quite obviously clear that higher amounts of activity generally leads to a higher number on the Mystery Counter. So that's what we'll try.

Hey, want to support this project?
Word of mouth is very important! Try tipping off your friends and get them to join in!
Here's a banner, for your signatures: Credit to Thunderstarry for making it for us!

Spoiler (click to showhide)

Alternatively, here's a little text link, for your Journals!
Spoiler (click to showhide)
(also works in Signatures, if desired)

Will we succeed? Will we fail? What exactly will be the results of this "mass mass-clicking"!? Only time will tell.
The first step, however, right now, is to spread the word, and get as many people as we can, to join in!

So, let the project commence! Free up your calenders- March 6th is Global PokédeX Plus's first Great Day of Click!!!

~

~

~

~

EDIT: March 7th ~ The rundown- So how'd it go?
Alas, the day has passed. So... What happened? Well, the day went off without a hitch! ...Well, maybe with one hitch. But anyway, the day came, and an instantaneous surprise- The Admins graciously decided to commend our unification, and gave us a very special bonus for the day- A 2x Point and Maturity Bonus! This is a bonus that has only given twice before- once on New Years Eve, and once on Halloween! A bonus such as that is very great indeed! Sparked with an even stronger drive to click, we clicked and hatched and evolved all day long-! So much, that... the amount of activity that we had actually ended up lagging the site immensely. Whoops. A small bit of a backfire! Well, I guess there had to be that one hitch! But even with that one problem, records were made, and the Mystery Counter reached Critical Mass!

So what records were broken?

- The Interactions record of 2,601,544 was broken, with 2,975,928. That's an excess of over 300k clicks! Great job, community!
- The Daily Record for hits was also broken! While not one of our initial goals, it is an achievement nonetheless, with it's new record of 8,425,769!
- Critical Mass was obtained! We, however, didn't achieve a new Mystery Counter record. We still obtained Critical, however, so all is good.
- Several new personal Interaction Records were also achieved, three of which made it among the top 10!
2. Mreow - 48,153 interactions (Mar 6/10)
9. Chwanita - 29,006 interactions (Mar 6/10)
10. Dalek Omega - 27,957 interactions (Mar 6/10)
An achievement indeed. In addition to all the other records that were possibly created!

So I'd say the day came to a close with fantastic results! I would like to thank the community for participating, and the Admins for all the support, especially with that surprise bonus!

I'd like to end this thread on one final note...

Question: Will there be another Great Day of Click?
A commonly asked question (especially to me through PM...). What does the future hold for the Great Day of Click? Well... As of now, I don't think anything. If at all, at least not for at least several months, if not having it be an annual thing. I think this worked best as a one-time-event. I also wouldn't want to make it seem like users can just "ask" for multipliers whenever. Of course, I don't think a multiplier is strictly necessary for an event like this to happen. Though at the same time I'd rather not push it. Either way, I think I'll just leave it how it is- a wonderful event for the memories! Besides, this was done largely because it's been such a long time since Critical Mass has been reached. Who knows if that will even be a problem in the future?

So tne last time, thank you all for the things you've all done!
Sayonara! Perhaps we'll come together as a community again one day!

~m19, signing out. scizor.gif

--------------------

This post has been edited by m190049: Jul 1 2015, 02:04 AM

--------------------

My Eggs & Pokémon:

Head Administrator of the
:. GPX+ Wiki .:
I hope you find it useful!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Wishful Jirachi
post Feb 24 2010, 08:03 PM
Post #2

Why must all things die...even this?
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 447

~HELLO~

Interesting. I can commit to this, it's a Saturday though...
Also, why that particular day? Any reason?

--------------------
Hey. Dark, Arcy if you see this, you can find me (Wishie) here:
https://www.madisonrenae.com/
https://www.facebook.com/madison.pontenberg/
+Quote Post

Blueberry
post Feb 24 2010, 08:04 PM
Post #3

I'm the reason why you hate.
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 032

Blue's Army

I...don't know what to say to this. But considering I am going to see Alice and Wonderland and will be studying that day....count me out sealed.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Feb 24 2010, 08:12 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

I'd love a reason to get myself clicking more. 'Sides, I need the money. I'm broke after that corruption orb.

I'm all for this. Count me in!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Captain America
post Feb 24 2010, 08:14 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 3 916

Active Squad

OH GOD. Alice in Wonderland vs. This. Meh. I am in.

I'll probably go on Friday insted.

--------------------
+Quote Post

m190049
post Feb 24 2010, 08:17 PM
Post #6

Your local psychopath
Group Icon

Fav 3 & Fav 3 Legends

QUOTE(Wishful Jirachi @ Feb 24 2010, 08:03 PM) *
Interesting. I can commit to this, it's a Saturday though...
Also, why that particular day? Any reason?

Well, generally, people are more active on the weekends, and this upcoming weekend is just 3 days away. A few of my friends and I decided this might be too soon a deadline, so we just went for the next weekend. We also opted for Saturday, as this would make the Mystery Counter day, if we succeeded, a Sunday- which would probably be optimal. Again, relating to the "people are more active on the weekends" thing.

--------------------

My Eggs & Pokémon:

+Quote Post

TristanaGW
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 33 959

Active Squad

I will try! My dad will have to let me on the computer for it to happen.
I need something to do on the weekend anyway!

--------------------
THERE IS WATER AT THE BOTTOM OF THE OCEAN

+Quote Post

Takodachi
Post #8

Dancing Through Sunday
Group Icon

Member No.: 74 320

get dark, get dark

I'm gonna be in. Probably, since I usually watch movies about five or more days after they come out.

But if there are any real-life situations (e.g. school projects sealed.gif) that I have to do, then probably not.

--------------------

+Quote Post

rayz321
post Feb 24 2010, 08:19 PM
Post #9

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 25 961

Active Squad

ill commit

--------------------
I always try to click back!
My Party-add me on palpad for full party clicks daily!

Free Views For my Pwngmon (click to show)

Hellya!!!!!!!!!!! 82nd person to get this crack (KantoMaster)
Pokemon that i need to complete Kanto dex! (click to show)
+Quote Post

FireUmbreon
post Feb 24 2010, 08:45 PM
Post #10

HELLO DIRK DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME tumut
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 025

Best poke couple ever

I'm in.

I would like to help... I can click easily... especially the better GPX+ thing that sigma jargon made makes me reach 1k and half.
+Quote Post

ShinyVanillite
post Feb 24 2010, 08:49 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 72 091

My all-time favorites

Hell yes, I'm in oh.gif

We can do it oh.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Inoka
post Feb 24 2010, 08:51 PM
Post #12

Group Icon

Member No.: 23 246

SoulSilver ingame

And if Saturday is a critical mass day?
Anyways, I'm in. Although I may only get 1,000 clicks in. I am using IE, after all.

--------------------

Breeding (click to show)

"A small songbird that can nearly replicate the human voice. It is
a mix of a Mockingbird and Bluejay. Mockingjays are normally
gray, but this one turned to a spectacular golden."

My Mini City
[1][2][3][4][5][6]
Pick one randomly
~
|
+Quote Post

SamanthaNatalie
post Feb 24 2010, 08:56 PM
Post #13

Group Icon

Member No.: 63 443

Active Squad

I would love to. But in my religion, It's a holiday. Although if i could get o late, i could give you 50ish. That's triple a normal Saturday.
+Quote Post

Naixatloz
post Feb 24 2010, 09:00 PM
Post #14

A-set, you bet!
Group Icon

Member No.: 56 857

I think I can commit. Probably. And I almost always mass-click on the few weekends I'm able to.

--------------------

+Quote Post

OmegaForte
post Feb 24 2010, 09:01 PM
Post #15

Teh RNG>>>Pokesav
Group Icon

Member No.: 77 689

My Signature Team

Yeah, I need one so badly. Saturday is perfect for me. I'll be MC almost all day. I should be getting the other interaction achievements that day as well.

Count Forte in.

--------------------

"What Kingdom Hearts Play Arts figure should I go for next?" -Forte.
+Quote Post

m190049
post Feb 24 2010, 09:10 PM
Post #16

Your local psychopath
Group Icon

Fav 3 & Fav 3 Legends

QUOTE(Gale Hawthorne @ Feb 24 2010, 08:51 PM) *
And if Saturday is a critical mass day?

Well, I guess then we probably wouldn't get Mystery Counter related goals, though if there was Critical Mass on the day this happened, and we had the Maturity and Point bonuses, that would probably increase clicking exponentially.

Critical Mass isn't the ONLY goal of the project, remember.
It's also somewhat of a test, to see what we can accomplish with a bit of teamwork.

--------------------

My Eggs & Pokémon:

+Quote Post

Alex Mercer
post Feb 24 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #17

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 28 584

Diamond Team

Saturday's very unlikely to be a critical mass day, though, because the preceding day is a Friday, in which there's little activity while a lot of the users are in school.

--------------------

+Quote Post

firebugged
post Feb 24 2010, 09:11 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 589

My Lovelies

Aw, man. I'd be game, but I have a field trip to a college that day. I keep forgetting that all my saturdays are completely booked for the next few weeks. smirk.gif
I think I'll be back an hour or two before reset, though, so I can still try.

--------------------
{}
You click mine and I'll click yours.
Finally switched forum account to this.
My Claims (click to show)

+Quote Post

EmpoleonRules
post Feb 24 2010, 09:17 PM
Post #19

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 627

My Diamond Team

Hopefully I will be on most of that day. If I am, then you can count I'll try to click a lot. grin.gif

--------------------

Other Stuff (click to show)

+Quote Post

Ember Lake
post Feb 24 2010, 09:30 PM
Post #20

Glitch Queen
Group Icon

Member No.: 7 857

Gladiteria

I am so in! I've been clicking 1K or 2K for the past couple of days so this is a good opportunity to get some more Achievements and to finally use that Summoning item. If it works of course, and I really hope that we'll get the Mystery Counter and break the record that would be so cool.

--------------------
~~
+Quote Post

18 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 17th April 2024 - 07:20 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.