Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Sven J. Haime
jTRU
post Nov 8 2009, 04:38 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 64 881

Active Squad

Name: Sven J. Haime
Hometown: Barley, Furoh

Appearance
Sven is 5'6", and weighs 120lbs. He appears to be nothing more than skin, and bones, although he does have average muscular strength, and above average muscular endurance. He has shoulder length snow white hair, and pale skin. His eyes are a deep jade colour, and are often unfocused. He wears long, baggy jeans held up by a brown leather belt. He wears simple coloured cotton t-shirts, and neutral coloured sneakers.

Personality
Sven is a very mellow creature of impulse. He enjoys long walks on the beach (which remind him of his childhood), and roses (which remind him of his mother, and sisters perfume). He tries to avoid conflicts that allow for people to manipulate others, but enjoys a good mental or physical challenge. All in all he is a very humble, and patient person due to hours of sitting on a boat waiting for a fish that may never bite. He has an average intelligence, but his common sense is sometimes quite abstract.

Biography

Sven was born to a fishing family as the fourth of seven siblings (six male, and a female (the female being the youngest)). His mother stayed home tending to the house, and children, as well as teaching his sister to cook, clean, and keep the boys out of trouble, while his father taught him, and his five brothers the trade of fishing. He was an average fisher, and knew that the family fishing company would be inherited by his first, and third brothers Van, and Paul who excelled at the fishing life. His second brother Murray set off one day with nothing more than a "Goodbye", and his other two brothers (the two younger than him) Nick, and Wane looked forward to a family, and life as a fisherman under their father and later their first, and third brothers. His days where mostly spent looking after her sister (who he grew extremely fond of), after spending the morning fishing.

He found that he shared little in common with his family other than fishing, and soon felt he needed to leave a mundane life, before he became just another fisherman. Sven wanted nothing more than to just experience everything life could throw at him, and understood why his second brother Murray had left. On the day he told his father that he was setting out (several weeks after discussing it with his sister who only gave her support, and wished him luck) his father gave him his great grandfather's Super Rod. His father as a final parting word said, "
The Biscuit's name is Waldorf," which Sven would never understand. His father also payed for traveling gear, and wished him luck only shedding a tear after his son had left.

After traveling along the road south towards Petropolis for several days he came upon a young Geodude carrying a Treecko upon its back. The Treecko was severely wounded, and the Geodude exausted. All Sven could get out of the situation was they where friends, and where in need of help. Sven spent the next week helping the Geodude to tend to the Treecko. After the Treecko had fully recovered, and the Geodude had rested Sven took his leave. Several hours after he found the two Pokémon where following him. After a small confrontation the three set off into the world as new friends, and to find whatever adventures came their way ... PRESENT

Pokémon

Lvl 10 Geodude
Lvl 10 Treecko

Inventory
Large Backpack | x1
Berry Pouch | x1
Super Rod | x1
Day of Human Food | x7
Day of Poké-Food | x7
Potion | x2

Special Note
Sven dislikes keeping his Pokémon in balls, he believes that they should live how they were before human interference. Alive, and outside in the Material Plane of Existence.

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Nov 9 2009, 12:57 AM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Denied.

I would like to see some more in the Personality field, and you might want to go over and check your spelling. They're words, but they're not the right ones. Also, you need an exact age; not just "mid-teens."

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

jTRU
post Nov 9 2009, 07:23 AM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

About the age I have been searching and can't find any date or even what year it is ... Is there no timeline? No date set in stone? I'm sure it's just hiding in plain sight.

Also I will check my spelling as soo as I get home tonight but I am just assuming you mean that I used words and misunderstood their definition .. Otherwise please clarify. Also if there are any specific details for Personality that need to be stated please say which, as I have added: humble, patient, average intelligence, and a bit abstract of a thinker

--------------------
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Nov 9 2009, 11:08 AM
Post #4

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Some of your phrasing is contradictory, or seems that way. How can one be solidly built, yet skin and bones? Your family's background was misleading at first sight. I've re-read it and understood it, but it might be best to clear it up a bit. Sense is not spelled with a C.

Also, why did Sven decide to leave his home?

As for his age, there is no set time, this is set in that mysterious "near future" that all stories not set in either the future or the past are in. But we still need a more precise age than "..."

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

jTRU
post Nov 9 2009, 04:40 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

I believe I have corrected everything you asked.

I rewrote the "solidly built, yet skin and bones" to better show what I meant.
That although he is skin, and bones he still has muscular strength, and endurance.

Spelling, and Grammar are fixed as far as I can tell.
Although editing ones own work is difficult. Still, I believe it is fixed.

Sven leaving home: Decided to experience life rather than just be another fisher.

Age: I was just hoping to put a Birth Date rather than just an Age .. It's set to 14

--------------------
+Quote Post

Umbrae Calamitas
post Nov 9 2009, 06:16 PM
Post #6

Team Rogue: Espeon
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 443

Tuesday's Pack

Approved!

Your character sounds very intriguing. I'm interested to know if there is any particular reason why he avoids manipulative conflicts, or if he just overall dislikes them, but this will be something I am sure will be revealed in time. grin.gif

Please post on the Current Levels board.

Also, to help straining eyes, perhaps it would be beneficial to separate your bio into paragraphs? It's incredibly hard to read as is, but if you can manage... *shrug*

Welcome to PANE.

--------------------
[align=center]

UPRISING MODERATOR[/align]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 13th May 2024 - 12:21 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.