Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
5 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
Daigake, the Town at the Edge, Now with the Name Rater of Furoh. (courtesy of Master Houndoom)
Nogster
post Oct 6 2009, 08:34 PM
Post #1

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 63 656

Active Squad

Welcome to Daigake, the town at the edge.
The sign was put neatly next to the trail leading into a small town.

The town of Daigake was on the top of a tall cliff, overlooking the ocean to the north. Far in the distance, one could make out the clouds forming over the mechanical city of Daioh. But this little town was nothing like the big, noisy cities. It was originally just a lighthouse to keep ships away from the cliffs and the lighthouse still stood in the middle of the town which had been built around it, some of it even on the cliff-side. It was a tall lighthouse, stretching ten times higher than the houses below it. Even at daytime you could see it clearly, the bright red tower positively screaming for attention.

On the cliff-side there's an old man, living in a hut which very much resembles a wepear berry.
This man is the Name Rater of Furoh and even though he's gone somewhat bananas and looks like he's got the mentality of a slowpoke, he still sees the difference between a good, a bad and a marvelous pokémon nickname.

The latest addition to the town of Daigake is a Pokécenter.
It's still got that "new" smell and has everything your Pokémon would ever need.
At lest that's what it says on the advertisement by the entrance.
On a plaque in the small town square there's a map.

((So that people know where the heck I put this sweet little town))

--------------------------------------------------------------------

Eric had walked for days now and a shower was way overdue.
Shinx had gotten tired of exploring the close surroundings and retreated to her pokéball several hours earlier.
Starly was still exhausted from getting stuck in the trap and had been in his pokéball since Eric caught him.
A relieved smile showed on Eric's lips as he read the sign next to the trail he was on. "Daigake." This meant there might be a shower nearby.

After going to the Pokécenter to get his Pokémon healed he went to search for someone with a shower...
Or a hose, or a towel. Eric wasn't picky.

This post has been edited by Nogster: Oct 21 2009, 01:37 AM

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
Eric Dean Nogarius | PANE RP. (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 7 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #2

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

After asking around town for a few minutes, Eric found that there was an old man, living in a small green hut on the cliff-side that might help him out. He was pointed in the direction of a trail which lead along the side of the cliff, soon changing to a descending metal walkway. Going down the cliff-side with Shinx balancing on the handrail, Eric passed a few doors leading straight into the cliff-side. There were windows as well so he thought they must be houses. Farther down the trail, he could see some huts that were built in outcroppings in the cliff. There were more than five of them, but he only saw one that was green.

The old mans hut was round and with its green color it almost looked like a gigantic wepear berry. It had small windows and an old chimney from which smoke was emerging. Eric looked up at it and nodded.
"Well I suppose he's home then." Eric walked up to the door and rang the doorbell which resulted in one of the strangest sounds he had ever heard. The sound was hard to describe, it was like the honk of a car-horn, mixed with a human scream. Eric felt officially weirded out. He was just about to turn around when the door opened. An old man in a bathrobe stood before him.
"You rang?"
The old man stared at Eric with that old and googly look that only old men can master.
"Yes, I was told to come here by-" Eric started.
"They guided you here too?" the old man replied.
"The who with the what now?" Eric was confused.
"The ghosts of the sea. They guided me to this town long ago." The old man looked down the trail to the bottom of the cliff.
"There's a cave down there. If I go there at night I can still hear them whispering." He said.
"Right.." Eric eyed the old man suspiciously.
"Well I was just here to ask if you had a shower and perhaps a bed for me to sleep in for the night."
The old man eyed Eric.
"Well, I suppose one night wouldn't be a problem." He nodded.
"Come on in. I just made tea."

Eric followed the old man into the hut, Shinx following along with a curious look on her face.

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 8 2009, 09:24 AM
Post #3

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

The sun had just risen on the horizon and the small town of Daigake basked in it's morning light.
Around the top of the lighthouse you could hear the cries of wingulls, circling it for a free lift on the warm air current.
It was a great morning in every way. Little kids were playing in the square. In the bushes, flocks of starlys and taillows were verbally battling it out. Shinx had escaped onto the roof of the wepear berry hut and even she lay curled up, basking in the sunlight but keeping an ear on the environment as she was told by her mother when she was little. Starly had gotten used to his pokéball and actually found it quite comfortable in there. And what was Eric doing this fine morning, you ask. Why, sleeping of course. Eric Dean Nogarius was many things but an early bird was not one of them.
Besides, last night had been quite a handful with all of the old man ramblings.
"Soap? Who needs soap?" he had gotten as a reply when not finding any of it in the shower.
"All a man needs is a bit of seaweed and a brush to scrub off the dead skin." the old geezer had said.

It was late afternoon when Eric finally woke up. The sun stood low on the horizon and Shinx had found a little girls skitty to play with outside the hut next door. Eric thanked the old man for his hospitality and left the little green hut. He quickly spotted Shinx not far away where she was balancing on the handrail right behind the skitty.
"Shinx!" Eric called.
"Shii-Shinx" The little shinx happily replied as it jumped down from the handrail and sped towards its trainer. Eric lifted Shinx up and lay her over his shoulders.
"What do you want to do today Shinx?" he asked, taking the pokéball with Starly in it from within his trench coat.
"Want to go exploring caves?" he asked after letting the little bird pokémon out.
"Shiinx!" Shinx said, happily.
"Staa!" Starly cried in unison.
Starly flew a lap around Eric before settling down on his head.
"Alright, then cave exploring it is." Eric smirked. The cave at the bottom of the cliff had interested him since the old man first mentioned it.
"Maybe there are some pokémon inside, or better yet..." Eric paused.
"Actually, I can't think of anything much better than pokémon." he chuckled as he walked down the walkway towards the base of the cliff.

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Oct 14 2009, 10:57 PM
Post #4

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

Mack didn't know how long he'd been on the road, and that was what he realized when he reached the small, cliffside town of Daigake. Long enough, said a small voice that he'd prefer not to listen to. It must have been about a week, he decided when he caught a look at a wall calendar while healing up at the Pokémon center. Retrieving the tray which held his two Pokéballs - the only two Pokémon he'd yet acquired on his journey - he re-gathered his possessions and headed back out the door. He had some time to kill before he looked for a place to stay the night.

Once he'd made some distance from the cluster of buildings that constituted the village's center, he was content to release first Chuckie, who scampered along by his side, and then Queenie, who fluttered overhead and occasionally alighted on his shoulder. They made their way down a path, in the direction of the sea. How he'd missed the sea - seven straight days traversing a dusty path, with nights spent off the road on the dank forest floor had instilled in him a deep longing to set foot on soft, warm sand and plunge into the cool, invigorating surf.

It became apparent, though, as he approached the edge of the cliffs, that the beaches of Daikage were not the ones he had spent his childhood on back in Barley. If there were stretches of sand by the sea, they were far enough down and narrow enough that he couldn't easily see them from his vantage point atop the bluff. What he could see was a path, bordered by a handrail, leading down along the side of the cliff, and, along this trail a bunch of houses, some actually carved into the rock itself. He'd never seen anything like it - people living on rock faces, like this. Shaking his head in wonder, he began making his way down the cliff, followed by Chuckie, who peered over the side with some trepidation.

He passed a cluster of huts situated on an outcrop - an elderly man in a bathrobe was outside tending to flowerbeds in front of a rather oddly shaped green dwelling. Mack raised a hand in greeting, which was returned in kind as he continued down the trail.

At the trail's terminus, he could see a small, gravely beach and, most noticeably, a cave in the cliffside. There was someone moving down there - three shapes, in fact. One human, an adult, one a four-legged creature, indistinguishable from this distance, and the third a bird-like shape. Similar to the makeup of his own traveling group, Mack thought wryly. He quickened his pace, closing the distance between him and the foot of the cliffs - the downward path was fairly easy going. Queenie adjusted herself on his shoulder, digging her claws in slightly so as not to be jounced around as Mack transitioned into a jog. Chuckie followed just behind in leaps and bounds.

Cupping his hands to his mouth, Mack called down to the young man near the cave. "Hey! Hey there!"

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 15 2009, 03:57 AM
Post #5

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Hey! Hey there!" a voice called from the base of the cliff. Eric stopped dead in his tracks and looked carefully down the walkway at the cave. There was no one there, and no wonder. The voice had been taken by a strong gust of wind and passed him. All Eric heard was an echo.
With a confused look on his face, Eric thought of the voices that the old man had talked about the day before. "Now I'm hearing voices?" He would've scratched his head but there was a bird in his way.

The bird, however, had with his keen sense of hearing picked up the true origin of the voice and sat, facing the opposite way of Eric. He was looking curiously at the boy rushing down the path and quickly noticed something of interest on his shoulder. Shinx, who had jumped down from Eric's shoulders, had also heard where the voice came from and was tugging at Eric's pants leg for his attention.
"Not now Shinx, I think I heard a voice down there." he said, whereupon Shinx tugged harder.
"Yes. What is it?" Eric's tone of voice had changed. He was now clearly annoyed.
"Shiinx!" the little creature said, looking and tugging in the direction of the boy. Eric looked back, feeling Starly repositioning himself on his head. He now saw a boy hurrying down the walkway towards him. Eric felt dumb, there were no voices from the cave. It must've been the boy.
"Why, hello there!" he said, waving at the approaching boy.
"You're in quite a hurry. Did you need something?"

This post has been edited by Nogster: Oct 15 2009, 02:18 PM

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Ariadan
post Oct 15 2009, 02:58 PM
Post #6

The laid back weirdo
Group Icon

Member No.: 63 819

Active Squad

"So I DID see a town here, glad to see I'm not completely nuts."
Sophie was spinning along next to him and started looking a little tired.
"Hey, Sophie, need a little rest? You look tired."
Sophie stopped and looked up at him as if that had been a stupid question before it jumped up onto his shoulder.
Frank stood by the sign and read it before before he followed the trail into the town. "I wonder where.. ah, there it is."
He was looking around the town and saw the pokécenter, he immediatley walked over to it, opened the door and went inside.
"Hello, Nurse Joy. I was wondering if you could take a look at these for me." He handed her the pokéballs containing Scorch, Electrike and Pebbles before grabbing Sophie and placing it on the counter.
"I think Sophie here needs a little rest as well."
Joy smiled and took the pokéballs and Sophie for a short while and then returned with them.
"There, all done."
Frank placed the pokéballs in the pockets of his belt turned around and started walking towards the door when Sophie jumped up onto his shoulder again. He raised an arm and said thanks before opening the door.
"Thank you. Hope to see you again." He heard Joy say before he closed the door. He looked through the little window in the door and shrugged. He always thought it sounded like they hoped that his pokémon would get injured when they said that. "The town at the edge it said. Hm."
He walked over to the cliff and looked out over the sea.
"Edge indeed." He said and fished for his pokéballs grabbing the one containing Scorch. He pushed the little button on the pokéball and it grew, then he threw it into the air and released the Chimchar inside before catching the pokéball shrinking it and putting it in its place again. Scorch immediatley jumped up onto the fence that Frank was standing in front of and looked out over the sea as well.
"I wonder if we can take a boat from here and just go out and relax."

--------------------
I has pokémans, click them? (click to show)
PANE: Frank Joanes (click to show)
I give my thanks to Living Arrow for the sprite-image. ^^
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Oct 15 2009, 08:28 PM
Post #7

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

i can't do that dave

Mack slowed his pace as he reached the bottom of the cliff. Bending over slightly, breathing hard and with a slightly ruffled Queenie readjusting her wings on his shoulder, he offered the other boy a smile. "No hurry. Just saw that you had Pokémon, and I thought - " Thought what? What did he want? Well, there was some solidarity to be found in other Pokémon trainers - a sense that they had at least common interests, if not common goals.

He shrugged, as if to complete his sentence with that gesture. Chuckie moved around at his feet, peering somewhat suspiciously at the other trainer's Shinx with his pig-like nose twitching. Glancing down at his Pokémon's reluctant sort of greeting, Mack seemed to remember something he'd forgotten. A week with little in the way of meaningful social contact had left his manners wanting, apparently.

He extended his hand in the direction of the other boy. "I'm Mack."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 15 2009, 09:50 PM
Post #8

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

Eric laughed heartily as the boy got lost in his own sentence.
He pulled a hand through his dark brown hair and nodded.

"Mack, eh? I'm Eric." He shook Mack's hand.

"This here's Shinx. She's been with me for a few years now." Eric bent down and patted Shinx on the head. As he did, Starly took off from his head, flew a lap around the party and landed on the handrail closest to the Taillow, eying her curiously.

"And that over there's Starly," Eric nodded towards the handrail where Starly blinked and looked at him at the sound of his name.

"I just caught him a few days ago in a forest not far from here." Eric smiled. That had been an adventure. Shinx was partly hiding behind Eric's right leg, unsure on how to react to the pig-creature in front of her. This was reflected in her fur, which was glimmering slightly in the afternoon sun.

"You seem like you're in desperate need of company. I seldom run off, yelling at strangers." Eric chuckled. His eyes switched to the Taillow on his shoulder.

"I see you have a Taillow, and quite a little beauty, but who have we here?" Eric had spotted Chuckie. He had never seen a Mankey before. One could see the fascination in his eyes at the sight of a new pokémon species. He knelt down and smiled towards the little creature.

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Oct 15 2009, 10:24 PM
Post #9

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

i can't do that dave

"Nice to meet you," murmured Mack as his handshake was accepted and reciprocated. He shifted his gaze first to Shinx, as it was indicated, then to the side where Starly was perched. Queenie tilted her head at the other bird and made a short, fluttering hop from her perch on Mack's back to alight on the handrail next to it. She chirped and ruffled her feathers in some sort of greeting, or so Mack imagined.

Turning his head back to Eric, he grinned at the young man's comment but didn't reply. Sure, he hadn't thought about company much while busy surviving on the road, but now that he encountered it it was a welcome development.

"Yeah, that's Queenie," he replied as Eric mentioned the Taillow. "And this guy is Chuckie. Chuckie the Mankey." Reaching down, he placed a hand atop the white-furred Pokémon's round head, ruffling his fur affectionately and also applying a pressure with his fingers that could be considered a warning: behave yourself.

Chuckie peered up at his owner inscrutably, then took a few hop-steps forward toward the stranger, snuffling slightly, taking in the unfamiliar scents.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 16 2009, 04:09 AM
Post #10

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Mankey." Eric mouthed the word.

"I see why you named him Chuckie. It suits him better."
He smiled again and gave the pokémon a slight nod.

"Nice to meet ya, Chuckie." he said.
Eric stood up and went over to Starly and Queenie who were just done greeting each other.

"Nice to meet you too Queenie." Eric said, as he fished a few Wacan Berries out of his pocket, giving one to Starly before popping one into his own mouth.

"Delicious! Would you like one too?" Eric started to extend a hand with a berry towards Queenie, glancing at Mack as if for approval.

"Me, Starly and Shinx were heading for the cave at the bottom of the cliff, you guys can come too if you want." Cave exploration was fun, but also a bit dangerous. One should never go alone, Eric knew that. There was always the off-chance of an accident.

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Ariadan
post Oct 16 2009, 08:22 AM
Post #11

The laid back weirdo
Group Icon

Active Squad

He thought he had heard someone laugh down at the beach but didn't really feel up to going down to see if there was someone interesting or not down there. He looked at Scorch and thought of an idea.
"Hey, Scorch, would you mind climbing down the wall and see if there's someone interesting down there? There's obviously someone there but It's not really worth going halfay down that walkway just to go back up again when there might not be anyone to talk to, no?"
Scorch looked at him for a second and blinked before climbing down the wall of the cliff. It took a little while before Frank heard Scorch's call, the call told him that there, at least, was one trainer down there so it might be worth while to go down. He turned to go to the walkway and bumped into something with his elbow. Afraid that he had hit someone he quickly turned around to apoligize and saw one of those tourist binoculars and hit his forehead with the palm of his hand. "Oh well, whatever." He turned around again and made for the walkway.
Walking down the trail he passed a hut that looked like a wepear berry, in front of the wepear hut an older man stood dressed in a bathrobe, holding a garden pruner. Frank nodded and said hello to the man which was returned in kind.
About 200 feet from the bottom of the trail Scorch jumped up onto his head from the cliff wall and patted his forehead. Frank chucked Scorch a cheri berry which was munched down in no-time. He saw the two trainers that Scorch had noticed, they had to be the ones since it didn't seem like there was anyone else down here, and started walking towards the two, he wanted to get a closer look at their pokémon.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Oct 16 2009, 06:59 PM
Post #12

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

i can't do that dave

Chuckie gave a small, nasal sniff, appearing to approve of this strange trainer in his curt way. Losing interest, he scampered up Mack's pant leg with admirable agility and perched on his shoulder as Queenie had done before, tail curled around the boy's waist and his nose now pointed out to sea. Mack gave an invisible sigh of relief - Chuckie could be... difficult in regards to first impressions, to say the least, and it was a good thing he hadn't embarrassed his master.

Seeing that Eric was kind enough to offer Queenie a berry, he nodded and smiled to show it was all right with him. It was more than all right with Queenie too, judging by how quickly she gulped down the Wacan. Mack shook his head slightly, grinning to himself. You'd think he didn't feed her at all.

"Sure, we'd love to come along, if it's okay with you," he said quickly in response to Eric's question. He was always ready to explore new places, and this cave seemed like a prime spot to do so.

He spotted motion behind Eric and the two bird Pokémon - another boy was moving down the trail towards them, accompanied by Pokémon of his own. Mack raised his hand and waved to the newcomer.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 16 2009, 07:52 PM
Post #13

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

Eric turned his head to look further up the trail as Mack had looked in that direction and waved. At first he thought it could be the old geezer in the bathrobe, coming back to remind him that scrubbing behind the ears when showering is vital for staying healthy. The old man had been very strict with this and said it to him both once and twice after looking closely behind them when Eric had come out of the shower, not finding them to be quite satisfactory.

To his pleasant surprise, there was no old man staring back at him when he looked up the trail. In stead he was greeted by a two-headed... No, wait. There was a Chimchar on the mans head.

Good heavens. Eric thought.

I didn't sleep as well as I thought I did.
He looked at the new person's face and assessed that he was about his own age. Eric smiled, before realizing that the man was armed. There was a sword and a shield on his back. Eric's face turned blank.

"Who are you and what do you want?" there wasn't an angry tone to his voice, but he did sound suspicious of the man's intentions.

Shinx heard the tone of voice that her trainer had and immediately took on a fighting stance, her fur started to glow brighter.

Starly, on the other hand, hadn't been around Eric for all that long and didn't know at all what was happening. A part of that was probably because is attention was on a certain Taillow next to him, to whom he was chirping ingenuously.

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Ariadan
post Oct 16 2009, 08:22 PM
Post #14

The laid back weirdo
Group Icon

Active Squad

Frank stopped a few feet away from the two and raised an arm to about the same level as his chin and smiled as a greeting, not thinking of the fact that his mask covered his mouth and part of his nose thus concealing his smile.
"I'm Frank and.." He stopped mid-scentence when he noticed the Shinx and the fact that it's fur was glowing, Frank crouched down and looked at it.
"Whoa, nice. What does it mean when it's fur glows like that?" The tone of his voice showed the fascination he had at seeing a pokémon's fur change like that.

He shifted his weight slightly causing his sword to clang against his shield and he immediatley realised what he must look like and stood up.
"Oh, sorry if I've startled you. The sword is just for show and so is the shield, though I can use it as.. well a shield if need be. I'm Frank, as I started before your Shinx caught my attention, and this" he lifted his eyes as to show that he was talking about his Chimchar. "is Scorch. a feisty Chimchar and a great companion." A short "Chim" was heard from Scorch as a greeting, which frankly was quite unusual since he didn't really greet strangers immediatley.
"Sorry for my lack of presentation skills but I tend to get caught up in whatever catches my attention."
He scratched his head and laughed a little nervously, but froze as he felt Sophie on his shoulder.
"Whoops, sorry, Sophie." He looked at his Baltoy. "This is Sophie, a strange little Baltoy who's accompanied me for a few years and I have to say that I can't complain at all."

He shifted his gaze to the younger man's Mankey and cocked his head slightly. "Is that a Mankey? Or have I managed to mix up two pokémon again?" He pulled down his mask so it only covered his chin, a smile still over his lips.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Oct 16 2009, 08:40 PM
Post #15

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

i can't do that dave

Mack couldn't help but take a step back as this stranger approached. This man was apparently fully armed, after all. He remembered that his mother had told him to watch out for nutcases during his travels - of course, she'd also told him not to judge by appearances, but...

Reassured slightly by the young man's fairly pleasant introduction and the revealing of a friendly smile when he pulled his mask down, Mack gathered the courage to nod and smile back. Chuckie shifted his gaze to the newcomer from his position on Mack's shoulder, eyeing his sword apprehensively but choosing once again to stay put. Queenie, meanwhile, was engaged with her new friend Starly, and was burbling away happily with hardly a glance in Frank's direction.

"Yeah, he's a Mankey," Mack replied, reaching down to his hip to stroke his Pokémon's prehensile tail. "My first Pokémon." Uncertain, he shifted his eyes to Eric, wondering what his reaction to Frank would be - his Shinx didn't look very relaxed all of a sudden.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 16 2009, 09:26 PM
Post #16

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

Eric was unsure how to react. This Frank didn't seem like a 'bad guy' and acted more curious than hostile.

"It means that it's warning you, not to get too close." he replied to the question about Shinx.
As Frank realized what had caught the others attention and apologized, Eric sighed in relief. This guy wasn't scary, he was just absentminded. Shinx immediately stopped glowing as she could feel the tension lift from her master.

"Shinx?" she said, brushing her tail against his pants leg.
She gave Eric a look, as if asking if he was alright. Eric responded with a smile.

As Frank's Chimchar greeted him, Eric nodded.

"Nice to meet you too Scorch!" he said, now beaming towards the little ape.
As Sophie was mentioned, Eric couldn't help to notice that Frank sounded like he'd never actually caught the little Baltoy.

"I'm Eric." he said as the other two were done talking about Chuckie.
"And that's Starly, next to Mack's Taillow. Queenie, right?" Starly had stopped his tweeting for a brief moment to check if there was anything his trainer wanted. But as Eric continued to speak, he resumed his conversation.
"And this here's Shinx." Eric lifted shinx up in his arms. Shinx was still unsure how to tackle the situation and peeked nervously at the trainers and their pokémon, her fur somewhat flickering again.
As Eric noticed this, he chuckled.
"There, there Shinx. There's nothing to worry about. It was all a big misunderstanding. Am I right?"
At the sound of those words, Shinx seemed to calm down, now looking around curiously.

This post has been edited by Nogster: Oct 16 2009, 09:28 PM

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Ariadan
post Oct 16 2009, 10:17 PM
Post #17

The laid back weirdo
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Nice to meet you, Eric."
Frank looked at Shinx. "It seems you've taken good care of your Shinx, since it's so quick to go defensive."
He turned around to look at the Starly and Queenie. "and you'll both have an easy time getting around later, I haven't managed to catch a flying type yet, they simply fly away, I figure that Sophie might be able to help me with that but it refuses to go into battle for some reason. I'm thinking it might have something to do with me never actually catching it." He poked Sophie softly, got a "baltoy" as a reply and chuckled. "But hopefully it'll come around eventually."

Scorch jumped down from Frank's head and jumped up onto the handrail and hung upside down, swinging back and forth, obviously restless. "What's up with you all of a sudden?" Frank asked Scorch with an eyebrow raised.
"Char, chimchar." Was all the response he got and he shook his head chuckling, almost as if he had understood what Scorch had said.
"Say, Shinx is an electric type right? Maybe it'd go along with another electric type." Frank grabbed a pokéball from his belt, pressed the button to enlarge it and released his Electrike. As soon as he was released Electrike started running around in circles, happy to be out of the pokéball. "Electrike, I might've found someone for you to play with."
Electrike stopped dead in his tracks and looked up at Frank and then around at the others, all of a sudden very surprised that there were more people and pokémon there. Frank laughed.
"He's very energetic and doesen't always realize what's around him unless he's in a battle, as you might see." He crouched down and petted Electrike, as soon as he did so Electrike became energetic again and looked up at Shinx which caught his attention.
"Trike" Electrike said moving a little closer, looking curiously at Shinx.
"Well, he's interested at least. So do you two have any other pokémon? Or haven't you found any other interesting one to catch?"
Frank looked at Eric and Mack.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Oct 17 2009, 12:49 AM
Post #18

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

i can't do that dave

"Queenie, right," Mack murmured as Eric indicated the Starly and Taillow, still fully immersed in their conversation. He felt Chuckie draw closer to him as this new Pokémon was released, an energetic Electrike. Mack made sure to keep a gentle but firm hold on Chuckie's tail - he didn't want the Mankey to become overstimulated and perhaps break his current record of not causing mischief.

In response to Frank's question, he simply shook his head, appearing unbothered. He hadn't been traveling long enough to have more than a few brief encounters with wild Pokémon, and was saving his first capture ball for a golden opportunity. He didn't explain this to either of his new acquaintances, though, simply because he didn't want to spend so many words - he'd already talked more in the past five minutes than he had in total since leaving home, it seemed.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Nogster
post Oct 18 2009, 03:17 PM
Post #19

The Dude with the plan.
Group Icon

Active Squad

Shinx started to panic as the Electrike was released. She did not like the mindless, energetic kind of pokémon and proceded to climb Eric as if he was a tree.

"OW! Stop it Shinx! Your claws are sharp, you know." Eric said, now with shinx balancing on his shoulder, staring down at what she thought to be something diabolical. This wasn't very comfortable for Eric, as she hadn't retracted her claws. He sighed as he reached into his trench coat, grabbed Shinx's pokéball and recalled her.

"I am sorry." Eric shrugged, not seeming the slightest bit annoyed.

"She tends to be a bit jumpy, I should have given you a heads up."
He went to lean against the handrail, removing the big black backpack from his back and rummaging through it for a disinfectant.

"No I don't have any other pokémon but I'm hoping to change that now that I have one that'll fight even though I'm not in immediate danger." he nodded towards his trench coat, in which he had put back Shinx's pokéball.

"She's got this thing against fighting, you see."
Eric found what he was looking for and quickly disinfected his scratch marks, put the disinfectant back in his backpack and chucked it over his shoulder.

"We were just heading for the cave down here..." he said, pausing for a few seconds and looking around if anyone else was about to pop up from behind some bush so that he'd have to explain everything again. "...and look around if it was inhabited by someone... or something."
Eric put on a scary face.
"Wooooooh." he threw back his head and laughed.

"Nah, we're just gonna go exploring. Wanna come along?"
Eric looked at Mack with a face which asked if he'd be ok with that.

--------------------

Pokey-mons!
+Quote Post

Ariadan
post Oct 18 2009, 03:49 PM
Post #20

The laid back weirdo
Group Icon

Active Squad

"Electrike, return." Frank held up Electrike's pokéball and watched the pokémon turn red and return to the ball.
He pressed the button to shrink the ball and then put it back on his belt.
"Sorry about that, electric types usually go well together, but I guess seeing a strange pokémon which is that energetic would shock or scare anyone."
He said as he scratched the back of his head.

"So you haven't seen any interesting pokémon yet then. I need two more to complete my team."
He looked at both of them as he talked. He didn't find it weird that they didn't have more than two pokémon but for him it was natural to have more than two, even if he hadn't come across the once he has now the way he did he would've caught others within the same period of time, it's always better to have more than two forces to count on. At least according to him.

As Eric put on a scary face Frank laughed.
"Sure, I'd love to tag along, it'd be a chance to see and catch more pokémon. I don't think there'll be many flying types down there but, who knows?"

He grabbed a pokéball from his belt and held it up towards Scorch.
"Scorch, return. You'll need as much energy as you can muster in case we find a pokémon to battle down there." He put the pokéball back in it's place on his belt.
"So how far do you reckon we'll go? Caves are usually quite deep, aren't they?"

--------------------
+Quote Post

5 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:45 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.