Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Mackenzie "Mack" Ramsay
Spearow
post Sep 19 2009, 06:58 PM
Post #1

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

Name: Mackenzie Jonathan Ramsay, prefers to be called "Mack"
Hometown: Barley

Appearance: Skinny but not insubstantial. Shows promise of developing into a rangy, lean type when he grows up, but for now stands at a little under five feet, all elbows and knees. His skin is lightly browned due to considerable time spent in the sun, with a dusting of light freckles on the bridge of his nose. He has a mop of straight dark hair that is generally kept cropped short at the sides but still manages to fall haphazardly across the top of his eyebrows more often than not. His eyes are a light wood-ish color decorated in the center by a radial burst of yellow-green - most would call them hazel. He moves quickly, though not always quietly, and his posture and expression generally exude an air of attentive curiosity. Generally his clothing is fitting for a boy who spends most of his life running around outside - rugged shorts and cargo pants with lots of pockets, t-shirts both plain and emblazoned with symbols of Pokémon leagues from around the world.

Personality: Mack has never been a verbal child - he is physical to the bone, preferring to move and touch rather than spend time putting words to his thoughts. That being said, he is neither particularly hyperactive nor especially slow-witted. Though he is a boy of few words, he is in possession of a certain kind of cleverness - mostly in his hands, but also displayed with a thoughtful comment every now and then. His silent, intent manner occasionally recalls that of an animal, and many adults who have met him have remarked on this, though not necessarily unfavorably. He is generally even-tempered, but if someone or something repeatedly displeases him he's more prone to fall into a passive-aggressive sulk than to throw a loud fit. He isn't known for making lots of friends, but to his close ones he is an unflappably loyal companion. Mack takes things at his own pace and has some difficulty adapting to sudden changes - though he is an avid explorer when the mood takes him it takes some prodding for him to venture far outside his comfort zone.

Biography: Mack's father was a fisherman and a Pokémon trainer - the first career came before the latter considering it was a more reliable source of income, but the fortunes of his boat were often improved with the assistance of his two Gyarados. He also made some money on the side by battling cocky young challengers and renting out the services of his well-trained water-snakes for various pursuits. Mack grew up on the water, accompanying his father on outings in his humble dinghy and wandering up and down the beach with his mother looking for shells. His mother was a nurse, for humans - she made the commute into the center of the town from their house, which lay near the outskirts of the community and in view of a pleasant stretch of white sand.

Mack will claim he doesn't remember when the rift between his mother and father grew past the point of no return, but he really does. He recalls all their little arguments, over issues financial and personal, escalating until that summer night when his mother packed a bag and moved into town. He was seven, and ever since then he has split his time between his mother and father's houses. Even though he didn't talk much on the subject it was clear to both his parents that Mack didn't take the divorce that well for the first couple years - he sunk into an unhealthy, oppressive silence, refusing assistance from anyone and spending long hours brooding in his room or on the beach. Gradually he adjusted somewhat - he achieved a balance between his two homes, made a tentative peace with his mother, his new stepfather and young stepbrother, and fell back into his certain rhythm of life.

When he was ten some of his more intrepid contemporaries, including his best friend Chase, set off on Pokémon journeys, attempting the Pokémon gym challenge or pursuing a career as a coordinator. His father and mother both indicated they would be supportive of him should he choose this path, considering the interest and camaraderie he had with his father's Pokémon, but he declined and continued to attend local school. For his eleventh birthday he received his first Pokémon, a scrappy and tempestuous male Mankey. This he was quick to recognize as a second, stronger nudge from his parents, urging him out of his comfortable existence into the world. They were worried for him, he understood - after his negative reaction to the first big change in his life a few years ago, they figured it was time for him to learn that things couldn't stay the same forever. It took him a year to work up his own special brand of courage, but shortly before his twelfth birthday he announced that he wanted to take on the League challenge. His parents were overjoyed and showered him with suitable presents - his father took him on an outing where they captured together Mack's second Pokémon companion, and he was outfitted with supplies for his journey. All the while he tried to stuff down faint traces of resentment, the notion that they wanted to be rid of him so they could live their own lives - his father with his fishing boat and his mother with her new family. In the night he lay awake wondering if they resented him as the last reminder of their failed relationship, a thread that bound them to each other. But this was unspeakable, almost unthinkable. He was ashamed.

This was for his own good, he knew, he was sure, but for the life of him he couldn't quite feel comfortable with the huge measure of unknown stretching out before him. Still, he knew that there were places to explore, sights beautiful and strange waiting to be seen, and they couldn't wait forever.

Starting Pokemon: mankey.gif Chuckie, m, lvl. 10 [adamant]
Aggressive and tenacious as the rest of his kind but fiercely loyal to Mack.

taillow.gif Queenie, f, lvl. 6, [docile]
A very easygoing Pokémon, she is both obedient to Mack and tolerant of Chuckie's frequent temper tantrums.

Items: Empty Pokéballs 3x
Potions 2x
Backpack 1x
Assorted necessary camping supplies: sleeping bag, compass, tent, etc.

What is the biscuit's name? Bertha!

Other Notes: (when i think of something maybe I'll add it here? for now I got nothing.)

This post has been edited by Spearow: Sep 20 2009, 06:51 PM

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 20 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #2

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

I came very close to approving it, and one thing stopped me: We need to know the starting levels of your pokemon.

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Spearow
post Sep 20 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #3

the realest and cruelest
Group Icon

Member No.: 16 415

i can't do that dave

whoops, knew I forgot something. Edit'd!

--------------------

you want to live when life is achingly unfair
+Quote Post

Master Houndoom
post Sep 20 2009, 07:38 PM
Post #4

Team Rogue: Houndoom
Group Icon

Member No.: 804

Uprising Mod

Approve'd! Post to the Current Levels thread and enjoy PANE!

--------------------
[align=center]Uprising Mod

||
Jaima Kuonji and Meiko Omura||Branwys Muphenz
[spoiler=Jaima's Gym Badges][/spoiler]
PANE

||
Jay Lange||Olivia Prewitt
Uprising

As of January 29, 2010, at approximately 7:50am CST, 2gamers helped me complete my pokedex!

:houndoom: I claim Houndoom! :houndoom: [/align]
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 1st May 2024 - 11:30 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.