Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
To Lenolia... And Beyond!, On the Road... Not Again! number 2. Come, anyone!
LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 1 2009, 01:28 AM
Post #1

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

((If you have no idea what happened, see this thread to figure out what happened. Now, let us begin...))

Mystyk walked confidently along the path, despite her blindness. Ever since she discovered that Ray could show her surroundings to her with telepathy and Aura, she could "see", in a way. She couldn't see fog, smoke, smog, or any other haze-like material, but she could see right through it, which was an advantage sometimes. As she walked, Jake looked around from his perch on her shoulder, Bubble's head popped out from her bag, and Lilly, Bob, and Ray walked around on the ground beside her. Lilly was chasing a rock that Ray was throwing telepathically, and Bob was just watching, still not used to these Pokemon or this Trainer. Jake just watched them and laughed. Bubble was sleeping... Typical. Mystyk shook her head, being careful not to knock Jake off her shoulder.

It had been three days since she met Glen, and three days since she had started traveling with him to Lenolia. They hadn't been too far from Lenolia when they met, but in a region as large as Furoh, it was easy to say that and be five days away from your destination when you start. If Mystyk's map was right, they only had about two more days of traveling to go. She had heard that Grimer and Muk lived in Lenolia, along with Koffing and Weezing. She hoped she could capture one. She loved catching new Pokemon, no matter how bad they smelled. Mystyk sighed contentedly. Lenolia, only two days away. Something was going to happen before they got there, and she knew it... She just hoped it was a good battle. They hadn't battled anything or anyone for three days, and she knew what would happen if she battled Glen again. Even though she could "see" this time, his Pokemon were just too strong.

Mystyk turned her head briefly to where Glen was. He had only let his Pokemon out a few times. She wondered about him. She sighed. She would probably never know. She turned to face the road again.

((Sorry about god-modding a bit there, it just seemed like the kind of thing Glen would do, you know? I can change it if you don't like it, Anduril.))

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 1 2009, 02:01 AM
Post #2

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

Member No.: 67

PANE Profile

((OOC: No problem. You have a much looser rein as you're in charge of the RP. I'm gone for the night after this post))

Three days...ugh...and two more until we get to Lenolia...figures. What the hell am I still doing with her?

Although Glen had been only two days away from Lenolia, a series of bad turns and a terrible sense of direction had placed the odd pair still two days out of Lenolia's aboveground landmass. As much as he would never admit it to himself, Glen was fascinated by the way the young girl he was with overcame her blindness. At times, it was almost as if she could see, but by now, Glen was sure she was not a fake. She did not use her disability as an excuse, but embraced it, and it made her stronger, served as an asset instead. What a strange phenomenon. Although he had spoken to Mystyk (as that was her name), Glen had not been conversational. It just wasn't an ability he had at this point in his life. He really yearned for solitude. Well, solitude, or action. Just this walking in companionship thing wasn't working out very well at all for him.

Glen thought over the contrast between the pair of them. He had rarely conversed with his pokemon, and, as a general rule, walked in complete silence, absorbed with his thoughts. She on the other hand is a chatterbox that just doesn't stop. Ovewhelmingly happy. I mean, she's blind! What's she got to be happy about? Always playing, talking to her pokemon, it's ridiculous. I'm shocked they don't get bored to death of each other. But it's the opposite. The more time they spend together, the happier they are...and the more they get on my nerves...

Ouch!Glen winced as he stepped over a particularly sharp rock in the road. Although his legs were completely fine, his feet were beginning to take a beating. His body was in great shape, and the pace set by the smaller girl was easy for him to keep up with, as one stride of his own equalled nearly two of hers. His shoes though, were taking a beating from all the walking. The shoelaces were raggedy, one was on the verge of ripping. The black rubber on the front of his right shoes had peeled off almost a centimeter forward, and both his soles were worn down to paper-thinness. He desperately needed new shoes. But for new shoes, he needed money. He'd need to earn or steal some when he had the chance. Preferably not from the girl, as she'd been feeding him, and even so, it wouldn't be easy. She had more pokemon than he, and even if he pulled it off, it wouldn't be very much. No, Glen would leave the girl be. He'd keep his eyes open for other opportunities as they arose.

--------------------

Spoiler (click to showhide)

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 1 2009, 02:24 AM
Post #3

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk had been daydreaming for a bit, just about random things, when she was startled by Bubble squealing and falling out of her bag. "Bubble!" she exclaimed, picking up the little round Pokemon. "Are you okay?" "Spheal, spheal," Bubble replied, leaping from her hands back to the bag. She smiled and shook her head. That was Bubble, always being overdramatic about a nightmare possibly involving no more than a clown. Bubble was scared of everything, but managed to laugh it off. Mystyk thought that Bubble was kind of like her mother, always frightened but never showing it...

Mystyk's throat choked up when she thought about her mother. She turned her face away from Glen so he wouldn't see her tears. Lilly Pyrus had been killed when Mystyk was very young. She just hoped she'd eventually get to lay her hands on the Team Rocket crook who had stolen her mother's life. He was going to pay for what he did.

Ray stopped suddenly, and so did Mystyk. Their Aura sight allowed them to see someone coming towards them. It was a man, and from what Mystyk could tell, he was from Team Rocket, and the right age to have been the grunt that killed her mother. As the thief got closer, she could tell who it was. She would never forget that face... It was Al Capone ((I just picked the name of the only real criminal I knew... lol...)), the very same grunt who had murdered her mother and made her blind. She turned to Glen, fear showing in her blind eyes, along with blazing fury. Al Capone was a strong, frightening man. Mystyk wouldn't be able to beat him alone.

"It's Al Capone..." she whispered, hoping Glen would know who he was.

((I decided to go with Team Rocket after all. I guess we'll just have to beat Al Capone... But I have an idea for something that could happen in the battle with Ray that puts Mystyk at a disadvantage... We just need to start the battle. He'll have... a level 10 Zubat, a level 7 Ponyta, and a level 5 Stunky. He left his strong ones in Lenolia, hoping to find some weak trainers to beat up on because he was bored. How's that?))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 1 2009, 07:53 PM
Post #4

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

When they came across a Team Rocket Member, Glen was shocked. He didn't realize their reach extended so far. He was thrown into even further disbelief when the girl, Mystyk, recognized him. Not only was he shocked that she knew a Rocket Member, and a seemingly more experienced one at that, but she was supposed to be blind! Clearly, she wasn't quite as blind as she had led him to believe. Glen was taken aback by a look in those blazing, 'blind' eyes that Mystyk focused on him. Something of a mixture between hate and ...fear. Mystyk was scared, but her fear was contested by a great passion, the cause of which Glen could not comprehend.
What a nut-job...
It seemed to Glen she was paralyzed with indecisiveness. Mystyk had turned to him for help. Well, I am older. But I've no idea whether we can beat this guy. If I were her, I'd run. But she can't see, well, at least not well, so that wouldn't work well. I suppose if I helped her here the worst that can happen is we lose, in switch case I run for it. I'll be fine getting away, she'll be screwed. Though, if we run now, I guess she's screwed too. So Mystyk is done for either way. On the off chance we somehow succeed-she'll owe me big time. Like, we're talking major debt. Yup, it's in my best interest to stay and fight this one.

This swarthy looking fellow seemed to be just a shade shorter than Glen, but far more broad. As he approached, Glen curled up his nose in distaste, he was really a despicable man. A far cry from the clean cut, professional operatives his parents had been. Glen withdrew Rattata and Cyndaquil, and decided to act before asking questions. He didn't seem the type you wanted to take chances with. This philosophy, of course, was confirmed to be correct by the look of horror fixated on Mystyk's face.
In response to Mystyk's whisper, Glen responded,
"No clue who that is, but he doesn't seem very friendly. Any idea how powerful he is? Because it seems to me, our only option at the moment is a fight." Well, your only option. My best alternative. Turning on her just wouldn't do. I would not trust that scumbag.
"Cyndaquil, use a Smokescreen on our visitors!"
Cyndaquil responded, immediately obscuring the Rocket member from view. From this distance, Glen could hear the coughs coming through the smoke. Glen realized, to his dismay, what a dumb move he just pulled off. True, he can't see me, but I can't see him either! I've given him a cover and the element of surprise...hopefully he runs...
He called out to the Rocket member,
"Hey, sorry, we don't think much of your kind. Please depart the same way you came and no one needs to get hurt."

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 2 2009, 12:44 PM
Post #5

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk's Aura-sight could see right through the Smokescreen. "He's coming this way..." she whispered. She 'saw' the look of disbelief on Glen's face, and she said, "I'll explain later. About everything." She sent out Jake first. Al was sending out his Zubat. "Jake, Bubblebeam," she screeched, fury and passion choking up her throat. She heard the Zubat screech too, and decided to try her little tricks again. "Ray, I don't care if you take it away from me, give Jake the Aura-sight," she whispered to the little Riolu. He nodded, and Jake's eyes widened. But Mystyk couldn't see anymore.

"Jake, you know what to do," she said and smiled. Their little tricks would work perfectly on a Zubat, smokescreen or no. Jake immediately jumped up and slammed down on the Zubat, the smokescreen not affecting him in the slightest. She heard that voice again, the horrible voice, the voice that had killed her mother and tortured her... It was recalling a Zubat this time, but showing no fear. Then the voice spoke, and she knew the smokescreen must've cleared enough for him to see her.

"I remember you," he said in a mocking voice. "Aw grown up now, aw we? It seems you stiw haven't wearned your wesson, wittle one!" he said. She stuck her tongue out at him. "Now, now, now, wittle girl, you need to go let Mommy teach you some manners. Oh, I forgot," he said, sarcasm dripping from his every word, "Mommy's DEAD, isn't she!? And now you have the insolence to fight the master of crime who killed her?"

Mystyk heard Glen's intake of breath behind her. She didn't care. All that mattered was to destroy the man in front of her. "Everyone," she shouted as loud as she could, "Go! I don't care what you do, just defeat that man!" she shrieked. He would not live another second if she had anything to say about it.

He calmly called out his Ponyta, which shrieked as five Pokemon attacked it at the same time. His cruelty to his Pokemon was the last straw. Mystyk shrieked and ran at him, screaming like a banshee, and pummeled him to the ground. That was the last she remembered before she blacked out in a haze of fury.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 3 2009, 04:46 PM
Post #6

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Glen shrugged. If she can't decide whether or not she can see, that's her problem. I've got to stay on my toes here if I want to come out of this alive.
Glen heard the sound of a pokemon audible through the smoke. However, he wasn't able to identify the type, although he thought he could make out the faint outline of beating wings. Mystyk and her pokemon appeared to have no problem with it, though. He told Cyndaquil and Rattata to stay back, so as not to get themselves involved in a fight which they couldn't even see who they were fighting against. Glen thought for a moment, and then took out his pokedex. I wonder if the pokedex will be able to identify our opponent, especially if we may be fighting it next...
Immediately, Glen was proven to be correct.
"Zubat, the Bat Pokemon. While flying, it constantly emits ultrasonic waves from its mouth to check its surroundings."
Hmm...A Zubat...that's not surprising...typical Rocket pokemon...but I'm surprised it's not a Golbat...seem's like we're lucky and it's not very strong..

It seemed like categorizing the Zubat as not very strong was an understatement, as Zubat's owner, the Rocket, returned his beaten underling. At the same time, there seemed more than enough drama to fill a soap opera. At the admission of murdering Mystyk's mother, Glen took a deep breath with surprise at both the information, but more importantly, the stupidity of this Rocket.
So he killed her Mom...a bit of a dumb move to flaunt it unnecessarily...she's going to be far more dangerous fighting on righteous anger...blah! What a fool. Though I wonder if he could be the one responsible for taking down my parents?...Nope, not a chance! I remember actually seeing competent pokemon, and the one's who defeated them weren't as intellectually bereft.

Glen shot Mystyk a look of disapproval as she released a feral cry and 'sicked' her pokemon on the Rocket. The Rocket, in defense, withdrew two pokeballs. Glen held his breath, thinking, Ok, here comes the moment of truth...powerful pokemon and we're absolutely toast!

He released his breath with a sigh of relief, it was just a Ponyta and...Glen once again took out his pokedex. The pokedex automatically registered both pokemon. "Pontya, the Fire Horse pokemon. Capable of jumping incredibly high. Its hooves and sturdy legs absorb the impact of a hard landing."
Glen muttered impatiently, "Yes, I know that, now hurry up!" Glen glanced at the small, purple, rodent-like pokemon steadily approaching.
"Stunky, the Skunk pokemon. It sprays a nose-curling, stinky fluid from its rear to repel attackers."
Pocketing the pokedex, Glen said aloud to his pokemon, "If either of you two get sprayed by that thing, god help you, because you're getting near me until it wears off!"

Glen looked up to see Mystyk's five pokemon all over the Ponyta. Smiling, he said, "Well, Mystyk seems to know how to use numbers advantageously. You two, take on that other one! Rattata, Quick Attack, Cyndquil, follow up right behind with a Tackle!

Glen's pokemon played as dirty as he did. The Stunky was turned around, watching what was happening to the Ponyta when he got hit by two hard hits. The poor little pokemon went flying and lay in a heap. The 5 on 1 barrage had been successful as well. Now the tiny Mystyk had jumped on top of the Rocket and was beating him. Then, as Glen watched, the man twisted his left arm out from under her and hit her hard on the head. Before he could react, five pokemon jumped on top of him, out for blood. Glen watched contently, hoping they'd finish him off. I hope they kill him...well, at least knock him out. Then i'll be able to empty his pockets and everything else that may be of possible value.

Calling to his two pokemon, Glen called,
"Cyndquil, Rattata, stay alert on standbye..."

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 3 2009, 06:46 PM
Post #7

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk toppled of the man she hated, stunned by the blow to her head. She was barely conscious as she watched her Pokemon jump on him. "Ray..." she had the strength to say, but the little Pokemon barely turned his head. She hoped that the Rocket member didn't get his bloody hands on any of her Pokemon, least of all Ray. She had developed a bond with the little Pokemon, because he allowed her to see, at least a little bit. Ray squealed as the Ponyta got up with wobbling legs, and whacked him hard in the side. Mystyk felt the little Pokemon hit her hard in the chest, and she fell out of the slight sitting position she had managed, falling to the ground again. She was unconscious before her head hit the grass.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 3 2009, 08:53 PM
Post #8

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Glen saw the girl black out again. Ugh, she has issues! Always leaving me to make the decisions...
Glen thought for a split second, and then decided. The safest thing to do was to simply take down this guy while he was down. He posed far too much of a threat to be left alive. Who knows how many powerful pokemon he has in his PC, or even in his bag. He was a threat, and had to be taken care of, immediately. In a firm voice, Glen told his pokemon, "Rattata, use bite. Then Cyndaquil, take out an ember and blast the guy for as long as you can hold it up!"
This Rocket crook, hearing the commands for his termination, grabbed the closest pokemon, Ray the Riolu, holding it in a stranglehold. He knew how much most trainers cared for their pokemon, and most wouldn't do anything to jeopardize their safety. But then again, most trainers would so casually order their pokemon to cause so much pain.
Desperate, the Rocket called out, "Hey, don't do this. You move, and your little girl's pokemon goes down with me!"
Glen just threw back his head with a cold, hard laugh. The girl's toy means nothing to me. This is going to hurt. I may as well inform you as to the perpetrator of your pain-I am Glen Reed, your judge, and executioner."
Glen stopped. There had been a flash of recognition as he mentioned his last name."Hmm...you recognize my name, yes? I am my parent's son, in more than just blood. Their reputation for cruelty lives on through me, so don't expect any mercy. I'm a rocket through and through. "
Completely unnerved, the man threw the Riolu towards Glen and fled. Glen let the pokemon fly by him, and it hit the dirt road hard. "Cyndaquil, hit him with a Quick Attack first to bring him down."
The Rocket had run only 5 steps when Cyndaquil hit him from behind. Glen smiled as he began to scream in agony: Rattata's fangs had just bitten deep into the flesh of the Rocket's leg. Amusedly, Glen thought, I didn't know that someone could scream like that right after having the wind knocked out of him...but shoot, I don't want that shirt ruined! I'll call off the ember then.
"Cyndaquil, scratch that ember attack. Tackle should work fine. Knock him senseless!" Cyndaquil obliged, hitting the Rocket's head with a sickening crack.
Wow... Glen watched on with delighted amazement. Then, Cyndaquil started to glow, and it's form began to blur, and then flow. Squinting against the bright white light emanating from his pokemon, Glen watched as Cyndaquil evolved into a Quilava!
"Nice! Congratulations Cyn-I mean, Quilvava."
As Glen walked towards the downed Rocket member, he thought he saw Mystyk stir, it appeared she was regaining consciousness.

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 3 2009, 09:15 PM
Post #9

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk slowly opened her eyes. The first thing she noticed was that Ray was no longer on her chest. The first word from her lips came as a screech. "Ray!" she screamed, looking for the little Riolu. She spotted him, lying in the dust a few yards away. She got up, ignoring the laws of physics, and ran over to the little blue Pokemon. "Oh, Ray," she sobbed. "I'm so sorry this happened." She picked the little Pokemon up carefully, and returned him to his Pokeball. Fury blazed in her eyes as she looked at the one who had nearly killed her Pokemon. "That is the last straw," she said, turning towards the Rocket criminal that Glen had left cowering in the dust. She barely even noticed that Cyndaquil had evolved. "Hurting my Pokemon is not just intolerable. It is inexcusable to hurt them the way that you did. Or to hurt any Pokemon that way. You will die," she snarled savagely. She usually wasn't this bloodthirsty, but before her was the man who was cruel to his Pokemon, had killed her mother, and nearly killed Ray. She didn't care about the blow to her head or that she was bleeding from many scratches and cuts she got during the battle. All that mattered was that he had been cruel to those around her, and those around her were the ones that mattered.

She looked over at Glen. His Pokemon were stronger and more capable of the thing she wanted done than her own Pokemon. He gave a few short commands to his Pokemon, and they ran at the man she had hated for so long. She turned away as they finished him. She may have sentenced him to death, but she didn't have to like it. Instead, she took his three Pokemon over to where she had left her bag when the battle had started. She laid them all gently beneath a tree, and started caring for them. In a few minutes they were all back to full health. She set them all free. There was no need for them to remain with humans after suffering the cruelty of their used-to-be-master. They deserved to be free. Then she took Ray out of his Pokeball. The Riolu was barely breathing. "Ray," she said, tears coming to her eyes. She hugged the little Pokemon close and started crying. She didn't know how much she could do for him, or if he would survive. It was lucky for Glen that she had been unconscious when he mentioned not caring about her 'toy'...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 3 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #10

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Glen opened the Rocket member's bag and gave a cry of joy. This guy was rich! Without counting, he couldn't quite say the exact amount, but it was enough to last him for a while. There was over $10,000 worth in that pack. He must not have been as inexperienced as we thought. More the reason to finish him. But i'll give the girl first dibs. The 'blind' girl went over to her Riolu and picked it up and started checking it out. In the mean time, Glen stripped the unconscious Rocket member of his shirt, pants, and hat, sticking it in his own empty bag. There, those could really come in handy some day. Then, he turned towards the girl. She seemed lost in her thoughts, and didn't seem to be doing anything about the guy. "
"Rattata, Bite. Aim for the throat. Quilava. Burn him up. No evidence. Ember for as long as it takes."
Glen supervised the death, no, Glen corrected himself, execution of the Rocket member. Once he was done, he returned to the Rocket Member's bag, looking through the stuff that was now his. He completely blocked out Mystyk, and did not notice that she was caring for the deceased man's pokemon. As she let the last pokemon, the Stunky, go, Glen swore under his breath. What a fool! Letting them just go like that! The money I could have made...ugh! Little girls...
Turning back to his spoils, Glen took out multiple bottles and added them to his sack. The Rocket member also had plenty of food, something Glen was particularly happy learn of.

He looked to his pokemon, seeing what they were up to. Both were entirely unperturbed by the turn of events. Rattata gnawing on a rock, and Quilava was marveling over its newfound strength. He returned both to their balls. Glen added another item from the pack into his back, and then threw the guys bag on what had become a pyre. Soon, all evidence save a few scorch marks and a pile of ashes had vanished. The scorch marks can't be traced, and the ashes will soon blow to the winds. We're good.

Glen remarked to Mystyk,
"So...I suppose we'd better be heading back towards Lenolia, eh?"

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 4 2009, 04:06 PM
Post #11

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk turned towards Glen as he mentioned Lenolia. She knew that was where they were headed, but they couldn't go yet, not until she had taken care of Ray. She told him that she would just be a minute, then turned back to her bag. Being unable to see without Ray, she blindly reached into the bag, looking for her store of herbal medicines. She pulled out a small glass jar filled with reddish-colored leaves and took one out. She didn't smile. She could feel Ray's heartbeat as she cradled him in her arms, but it was weak and irregular. She felt no joy at finding the medicines without sight. Ray's life was on the line.

She gave one of the leaves to the little Pokemon, forcing him to chew. As the rich juices of the herb fell on the Riolu's tongue, his heartbeat settled. She felt him sit up in her arms. "Ri?" he asked in surprise. Mystyk breathed a sigh of relief. The herb had been her only hope, but it was a risky herb to use. There were two herbs that looked exactly alike, 'the devil and the angel', her grandmother had called them. One would kill whoever ate it instantly. One would bring back one's life, even if they are seconds from death. There being no way to distinguish one from the other, Mystyk had only been able to hope that she could save Ray with the right herb.

"Rio?" he asked again. She smiled at him. Her Aura-sight had returned with the little Pokemon, but she didn't care that much. Ray was alive, and she had saved him. She hugged the small blue Pokemon close, and then returned him to his Pokeball. Her Aura-sight faded again, but Ray needed to rest.

She stood up and turned to Glen. "I'm done. Let's get going," she said. She turned and, with three Pokemon at her side and one on her shoulder, she set off for Lenolia once again.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 4 2009, 04:28 PM
Post #12

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Glen patiently waited for the girl to inspect her pokemon. During his free time, though, Glen examined the uniform he had picked up. There was a little bit of blood, but that could easily be dealt with. No, the uniform was almost in perfect shape. By the type of the dress, Glen assessed that it was a Grunt uniform, the lowest level. That could play to my advantage, I suppose, as no one expects to remember Grunts. New recruits come all the time. But if I'd have a really high rank, I could have so easily gotten my way by bossing around. Still, I guess this works fine. One of these days, I'm going to have to infiltrate a Team Rocket base. Glen mused. Another thing that surprised Glen was the level that his pokemon had advanced. They were becoming quite powerful. If they continued to grow at this rate, he would soon be able to move around with impunity, implacable, undefeatable, and imperial. First thing I'll do, once I get the power to do so, will be to start resisting those hell-driven policemen that work in Lenolia, who were responsible for expelling me. Oh, will they pay! Especially that police captain! Gritting his teeth, Glen was forcibly reminded of the steely brown eyes, the handlebar mustache, and the condescending laugh as the police captain's pokemon knocked Glen around before he was able to run away.

Glen turned back to Mystyk. Glen hadn't realized that her pokemon had been hurt as badly as it was. Then, it sat up. Apparently the potions and herbs the girl had used had helped. As Mystyk got up, she seemed more in control. She was ready to move on. Glen thought, Yes, I am ready for Lenolia. I'm just not ready to defeat my enemies just yet. That doesn't mean I won't try to take down anyone in my way!
"Ok, fine, let's get going then." Without another word Glen passed her and her pokemon, walking a few paces ahead, alone.

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 4 2009, 06:39 PM
Post #13

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk heard Glen move ahead of her. Ray still being in his Pokeball, she couldn't 'see'. She moved around easily, thinking about what had taken place. She had completely lost her control earlier, with the Rocket member. The only time that had happened, Ray had gotten hurt, almost killed. She would never lose control again, she vowed to herself. Then she thought about Glen. He seemed nice enough. After all, he had helped her instead of deserting her in the battle against the Rocket. But he still seemed aloof to her, not really speaking, not attempting to start any conversations. She sighed. She honestly had no idea what Glen was up to. And if she remembered correctly, when she had met Glen, he had been leaving Lenolia, not heading towards it. What is he up to? she wondered.

Mystyk felt Jake jump off her shoulder, and heard him running around in the grass with Bubble, Lilly, and Bob. She smiled to herself. There was a lot that had been going on recently, but her Pokemon were all still alive. None had been permanently injured, and they were all happy. She knew she should be upset about the things that had happened to her, but she just couldn't bring herself to feel any negative emotions. Nothing that happened to her ever bothered her, not even her blindness. She just accepted whatever happened to her. It was those around her that mattered, especially her Pokemon. She raised her chin up. Whatever was going to happen when they reached Lenolia, she would be ready for it.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 5 2009, 03:04 AM
Post #14

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Slowly, Glen drifted back into a reverie, thinking about whatever emotionless people think when reminiscing. Mainly, he thought about the day, his new equipment and acquisitions, and his companion who he just did not seem to get rid of. He hadn't had so much consistent human interaction in a very long time. Suddenly, the ground shook, and he heard an roaring crash as the vibrations became so powerful he was scared he was going to lose her footing. Mystyk kept herself standing, but just so, barely avoiding crashing into her pokemon. Glen couldn't tell for sure, but it appeared that her pokemon may have done something to help her remain upright.

As a form of protection, Glen released Quilava and Rattata from their balls. Then, telling Mystyk he'd investigate the noise, Glen sprinted off with two pokemon, running down the road towards the direction of the noise. The noise did not seem to be moving any closer, although it did continue in sporadic bursts, sometimes stronger, and other times less. I'll be darned if this is a natural earthquake. I'll check it out alone. Far better this way. Way more motile and self reliant.
Any possible idea that he didn't want to expose the little girl to danger was quashed before the thoughts formulated. Glen just didn't think like that. He just wanted to see what was going on; perhaps his recent success had made him a bit too cocky. His legs moved as Glen stayed light on his feet, almost bouncing off the balls of his feet, adjusting to every rattling shudder that struck the ground. The noise got louder and louder, and the ground shook harder and harder.

He ran around a blind bend, eyesight cut off by a line of trees. Glen stopped short, literally skidding to a halt while his pokemon did the same thing right behind him. He had almost run headlong into a battle. Not just any battle, but a battle of giants. Glen did something he only did only the rarest of occasions: he lost his calm for a second. The sight before him was so overwhelming. Two gigantic pokemon were battling. The one closer to him, on the ground, was a Snorlax. Snorlax's master was sitting crosslegged only a few meters in front of Glen and his pokemon, wearing what appeared to be a white Karate uniform. He calmly called out commands to his Snorlax. On the other side, a giant green, winged Dinosaur had taken flight. Judging by the nature of its last attack, a Solarbeam, Glen suspected it of being a Grass/Flying type. It was absolutely enormous. Its trainer, in the background, looked tiny in comparison. The trainer was a woman in her late twenties with some sort of bandana covering most of her face. She was always moving around, passionate, excitable, and enthusiastic. The battle raged on, but didn't seem close to over. Glen and his pokemon just stood and watched, openmouthed for a few moments. So...powerful...my pokemon would been crushed without a thought...I really still have a long way to go...

Then, recovering his senses, Glen's mask slid back into place. How interesting...I'd better tell Mystyk what's going on. If not, the blind kid will probably have a heart attack. We all saw how sensitive she was earlier on today... Glen sprinted back to Mystyk, who showed some serious signs of anxiety. "So, I checked it out. It's just two trainers having a battle with two really big pokemon. No big deal. They looked pretty powerful, though. And I'm not sure what they were battling over, or if it was merely recreational. How would you like to proceed? They're in the road."
This was quite a long speech by Glen's standards. After he finished, he put his hands behind his head and breathed, taking slow, deep breaths. He had run pretty hard. His pokemon remained at his sides, also panting.

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 5 2009, 06:53 AM
Post #15

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk wasn't really that surprised. She had felt the ground shaking, and thought she had felt gigantic footfalls through the tremors. Probably a Snorlax, she said to herself. "Hmm... Now that might be a problem. And I guess there's no way around, otherwise you would have said so. I guess we just walk past, and if they ask us what we're doing, we just say we're going to Lenolia and just continue on our way. There would be no reason for them to attack us if we're just walking along the only path too Lenolia..." She was mostly just talking to herself. She hoped they wouldn't attack. A possible Snorlax, and some other Pokemon that, as far as she could tell through the vibrations, didn't have footfalls, but a light and much too regular pressure of some sort. Wingbeats? She had already almost lost one Pokemon today, and had survived through sheer luck. She didn't think luck would be on her side again, if she needed to call upon it. She gathered all her Pokemon into her Pokeballs and stuffed them in her bag. "If they do end up wanting to battle us, we could pretend we don't have any Pokemon," she pointed out, putting the balls in a black jar where they couldn't be seen. She had no idea where she got the jar, or how she knew it was black. Things just happened that way. She kissed the jar for good luck and put it back in the bag. She really hoped they wouldn't need to use her trickery, but the Pokemon making the vibrations must have been massive. If they were forced to battle them.... Mystyk shuddered and got up. They would continue on until Lenolia, giant battle or no.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 5 2009, 11:19 PM
Post #16

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Mystyk did not seem to be the least bit disturbed by what was going on. It's insane. So...composed. No, let's not walk through right now...we'll get killed!
Aloud, Glen said, "Well, um...so I'm interested in watching this battle, and I'm pretty tired. So why don't we wait until after the battle to try going through? And by the way...if they challenge us to a battle, we say no. If they insist, we run. Or, at least I will."
Glen had told a half truth. He really wasn't that tired, but he was fascinated by the battle. Both opponents were so...powerful. It was all Glen could do to stand on his feet, and not fall before them in homage. Not, of course, as individuals, but because the power they represented. So much power...Glen could only imagine what it would be like with such force at his proposal.

The battle progressed. It soon became clear who had the upper hand. The older man sitting before them commanded calmly, "Ok, Snorlax. Now is the time to use Body Slam. Strike quickly, now![/b] With surprising motility and fluidity, Snorlax slipped into motion. The opposing girl however, did not miss a beat. Calling in a clear, high voice, slightly muffled by her bandana, she yelled, "Tropius, let's show him we can use Body Slam as well! Go!" At 'go', the young lady jumped up herself. She clearly was far more interested in the outcome then her counterpart, and looked as if she wished she could be there fighting as well.

Just as the great winged dinosaur, who Glen assumed was called Tropius, began moving forward, it was hit hard, full on, by the Snorlax. The Snorlax slammed into the Tropius with a deafening crash, hitting it at a downward slant and somehow managed to land all 1013.8 lbs of crushing weight on its adversary. Again, the ground shook at the massive pokemon fell earthwards. As the earth shook, Glen watched the crosslegged, sitting man in front of him. Unlike himself, with his hands clamped firmly over both ears, Glen saw that the man's hands hung loosely at his sides. Glen could only suppose that countless battles had brought out such a result of composure. Glen could not see his face though, only the unruly white hair that covered the back of his head. The man's soft voice rang out though, saying, "Lisa, give up. Your pokemon are not yet up to par."

The girl just laughed. "Haha, Dad, do I sense fear of finally losing. I've travelled far and wide to gain the talent, this victory will be oh so satisfying!"
Turning to her crushed pokemon, she said, "Tropius, wiggle out, and Fly up into the air!" Tropius complied, twisting its way out, and, with one massive leap, was airborne.

The man countered by advising, "Snorlax, you'd better use a Defense Curl..."
Snorlax prepared for a blow, moving into a more defensive position, protecting its weaker spots. The high voice rang out, "Tropius, Hyper Beam!"

The man hurriedly got to his feet, all sense of calm thrown to the wind and cried out, "No Lisa, don't do it!"
Ignoring the enemy, and focusing on the command at hand, the Tropius released a powerful golden beam at the Snorlax, putting all of its energy into the shot. Too much energy, in fact. Glen watched in fascination as the golden attack hit the Snorlax and dissipated. It had been prepared. However, the Tropius was exhausted. It didn't have the energy necessary to keep its giant body airborne. Without a word, it stopped beating its wings and plummeted to the ground with yet another resounding crash. The man in white said sadly, "She won't give up. Lisa, this is how a proper Hyper Beam looks."
Glen could not imagine the power that he was seeing, it was unfathomable. One day, my pokemon will be able to dispatch that man's with ease. And then, of course, we'd take them and sell them. Imagine how much they would go for...haha, not like it would do the buyer any good. They seem to be quite attached to their owners.

Snorlax gave a guttural roar as it opened it's mouth and released a beam of its own. It was lucky the girl was on her feet, she needed to move to avoid getting smashed by her own pokemon. Angrily, she returned her Tropius.

The man returned his Snorlax and approached the girl. "Lisa, let's talk."
The girl snapped back, "Get lost. I can't beat you yet, but I will someday! I know, you're going to say I have to focus my anger and all that. I don't care! Why do you think I left in the first place!" With that, she ran off. The man sighed, and turned around.

Once the Tropius had been returned, Glen had told Mystyk that the battle had ended and they could continue. Therefore, the karate-dressed man saw the two approaching him. "I see you saw our exchange. Sorry about that."
He turned to Mystyk, inspecting her. "Well, aren't you a bit young to be traveling?"

(OOC: Ok, I basically godmodded that whole event, but with permission. Mystyk, I don't know I gave you too much to work with, but want you to be involved, so feel free to carry this forward and control the NPC and Glen if needed))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 6 2009, 07:55 AM
Post #17

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk turned to him. "I'm ten years old, thanks. I may be younger than Glen, and most people who travel out this far, but I have my Pokemon. I've been traveling here for a couple of months already." The man smiled, but he didn't know she couldn't see it. "So, where are these Pokemon of yours?" he asked her. She stiffened. "They're not exactly ready for battle yet, if that's what you're asking," she said politely. "See, I just had a battle not long ago-" "Oh, no," said the man. "I just wanted to see them." Mystyk was suspicious about him. Only Professor Rowan had ever asked her to see her Pokemon without a battle. But she called them out, all the same. As soon as Ray came out her Aura-sight returned. But she couldn't 'see' as clearly as usual. The Riolu was still not as healthy as usual. She looked over at the man. "These are my Pokemon," she said, picking up Ray while Jake clambered onto her shoulder as usual. Bob was stretching, Lilly was laying down in the grass, and Bubble was rolling around excitedly, exclaiming, "Sphe-al! Sphe-al! Spheeee!" Mystyk laughed. As the man bent down to examine the three Pokemon in the grass, Mystyk pulled Ray further away. She didn't want him to get hurt again.

When the man stood up, he said, "These are three lovely Pokemon. If you train them some more, you might even be able to battle me with them." Mystyk looked at him doubtfully. His titanic Pokemon created an earthquake that would have measured on the Richter scale! She didn't think her tiny little Pokemon would stand a chance, not even all together. And even if they did, one of them might have gotten squashed... "Thank you," she said to the man. "But I think we should be on our way now."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 6 2009, 04:24 PM
Post #18

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Glen could not agree more. Time to go. He should have foreseen Mystyk would have gone all sociable with the man. Glen didn't mind overly much. He just hung back and watched the man intently. Glen smirked at Mystyk's panic when she thought the man was trying to battle her. It was so obvious he was just curious. Well, so obvious to Glen. She can't see...I suppose that makes it harder to pick up things like that.
Finally, when she once again brought out the pokemon she called Ray, Glen started to suspect that there was some connection between that pokemon and her ability to see. Kind of serves as her eyes...I guess that explains why she was so torn up over the possibility of losing it...before, her grief was simply unfathomable. It was a little pokemon! Obviously, not only did Glen lack sympathy or a strong emotional tie to his own pokemon, but the idea was so outlandish that he could hardly get his head around it.

Glen said, "Yes, let's go." As he walked by the man, who seemed slightly surprised by Glen's abruptness, Glen's thoughts flitted to something that had just been said. The man said that some day Mystyk's pokemon could take on his own...how much of that was talk? Are some pokemon just simply stronger than others. I mean, it doesn't really matter how strong or fast Rattata gets, I can't ever possibly imagining Snorlax even feeling a tackle attack...it's interesting, I'll need to look into it. Though I suppose, if Rattata was quick enough, Snorlax wouldn't be able to hit it, so it could wear it down enough...I don't know. I just don't know how I can compare levels of experience with each other...unless maybe I find two eggs somewhere and let them hatch at the same time and have them battle. But then again, if one was more intelligent then the other, that one would probably win...so many different factors...

It was starting to darken, and Glen yearned for the sun that had just stopped warming his back. It was getting cold, but Glen was proud, and tried to control his shiver. All he had to cover him were the longer Rocket uniform sleeves, but he would have to stop to take it out, and Mystyk would ask him why he had stopped...no. He would toughen it out. Mystyk wasn't wearing any extra layers either, she had to be getting as cold as he was.

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Aug 6 2009, 05:06 PM
Post #19

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

In fact, Mystyk was rather cold. Ray shivered, and her Aura-sight was becoming unreliable. She pulled out her Pokeballs and called back all her Pokemon. She could do without sight. Ray needed to rest, still. Mystyk hoped that they would all be comfortable inside their Pokeballs. She kept walking, growing colder by the minute. Then she heard a voice. Who would be out here in the freezing cold? Besides us, of course, she added to herself. She walked up to Glen and held him back. She had no idea what was going on, but he might not have heard it. The voice was broken and seemed barely louder than a whisper, being snatched away by the icy-cold wind...

Mystyk looked around again. An icy wind... That was a Pokemon move, wasn't it? She listened harder. "Gla... ong... Icy Wind again!..." She couldn't hear the voice very well. It sounded like someone was practicing Icy Wind. Over and over. That would explain the chill. It was the middle of summer, after all, even though it was getting dark.

"It sounds like this isn't a natural cold," she whispered to Glen. "Someone's up there, using Icy Wind with a Pokemon, but I can't hear what they called it." Mystyk called out Jake and Bubble. They would be most suited to the weather. Jake clambered up her shoulder again, and Bubble rolled onto her foot. She picked up the Spheal and set him in her bag. She was going to find out what was going on up ahead.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Aug 7 2009, 04:53 AM
Post #20

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Brr....It really shouldn't get this cold this fast! It's unnatural! Glen shivered again. He saw that Mystyk was just as cold. Glen stopped as Mystyk approached, and was shocked by her revelation. No wonder I'm freezing! There's a flipping pokemon using a battle move! Glen hadn't heard the sounds that Mystyk had, but it did seem to make sense. He saw just up ahead that there was a smaller path branched off to the right of the main road. That's where they must be practicing... Snarling, Glen told Mystyk, "This way!" He then broke into a run. It was freezing cold, and the increased energy use mitigated the cold just a bit. He had run for less than a minute when he came across the source.

A man, a few years older than Glen, was urging his pokemon to put in even greater effort. He, Glen saw sourly, was prepared. The short brown-haired man had thin-wiry glasses and was wrapped in a dark blue parka and wore long, thick black pants. This was undoubtedly a premeditated training session. Glen found himself staring right at a smaller white pokemon that he recogniized as a Glalie. The Glalie noticed the newcomer's arrival as well, and made its master aware of Glen's presence. The guy turned around to face Glen. As he turned, Glen noticed that there was another pokemon in the pool of water behind him. The pile of dirt to the side suggested that this pool had been made recently by digging out a hole in the ground and then filling it with water. Inside, Glen recognized yet another pokemon. It was a Dewgong, a powerful swimmer and fighter.

Glalie and Dewgong aren't Snorlax and Tropius, but they are still very powerful in their own right. But this guy can't be more than 23, how tough can his pokemon be?

The 'guy' now addressed Glen, with the irritation at being interrupted clearly painted all over his face. "Can I help you?"
Glen responded with an equal, disdainful tone, "Yes, actually you can. You do realize that you're practicing right by a public road, and you've brought down the temperature in the area significantly. So find somewhere else to train."
The man's previous annoyance began to develop into something more like anger. "You know what? Get lost! Then you won't be able to feel the cold. The day's almost over, and my pokemon haven't mastered the lesson of the day. I'm going to go for my last badge, and can't do so unless my pokemon know Icy Wind."
Glen laughed derisively. "Lesson of the day? I don't even know you, but I feel bad for your pokemon. You're a total loser."

The normal pattern was beginning to play itself out. Glen could not help but bait and mock someone else, causing them pain, even if he knew it was going to turn out badly for him.
Blood rushed into the man's face at the insult. Taking a deep breath, he said imperatively, "Leave now, and take your kid sister with you! Otherwise, I'm going to make you leave!" he threatened.

Glen didn't need to turn around to know that Mystyk had joined them. However, he glanced back anyways. There she was. Ignoring the sister comment, Glen reached into his pockets and released the pokeball in each one. Rattata and Quilava appeared, ready for battle. "If a fight you want, a fight is what you're going to get." Glen declared. Beneath his stoic mask, Glen thought, Even if Mystyk helps, we have no chance. Not that that's going to stop me!

Both of his pokemon surveyed their more powerful opponents. They seemed resigned to defeat, but willing to put as good a showing as they could. Neither feared pain or defeat. They respected Glen's honor system, to go down fighting rather than to simply put his tail down and submit. The man in the parka laughed at his opposition. "Are you serious?" he asked incredulously. "This won't even be a fight." Still, Dewgong slowly moved out out the pool and waddled across the grass towards Glalie and its trainer.

Glumly, Glen thought, He's right. It's Mystyk's move now. An additional couple pokemon on our side might stretch this battle out a bit more...

((OOC: Dewgong Lv. 35, Glalie Lv. 45. Even with Mystyk's help, we'll be crushed. It should be fun though.))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 06:12 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.