Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
On the Road... Not Again!, Finished...
LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 27 2009, 03:16 PM
Post #1

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 34 628

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk was walking along the road at a leisured pace with Jake walking beside her. He kept looking around, as if he sensed something. She hadn't found any tall grass so far, but with Jake so anxious she knew she would have to battle soon.

"Don't worry, Jake," she cooed at the little Piplup. "We'll find something to battle soon. As soon as we find some tall grass, that is."

It was true, they hadn't found any tall grass for a while. Then Jake pointed with his fin at a small patch of tall grass over by a tree. "Good job, Jake," she congratulated him, and went over and walked around in the tall grass for a bit. She really didn't know what to do, she was only 10, after all. Suddenly Jake poked her in the leg. She listened really hard and heard a rustling in front of her, and then a small Pokemon said, "Rattata!!!!"

A Rattata! "Jake, Bubble!" she shouted, hearing the bubbles pop around ground level. Then she heard something slam into something else, and knew the Rattata must've tackled Jake. She put her hand inside her backpack and felt around until she found something small and ball-shaped. She hoped she had found the right item. "Pokeball, Go!" She said, throwing it with all her might.

She heard it rustling around on the ground. Then it fell still. "Jake, did I get it?" she asked. "Pip-lup!" he answered. She assumed that meant she had a Rattata. She bent down and picked up the Pokeball. "I'll call you Bob," she said. How she knew it was a male Rattata, she had no idea. She just hoped it was. If it was a girl she'd call it Bobby.

((Anyone who joins this will find out why I keep saying she hears things instead of seeing them in a couple of posts.))

This post has been edited by MystykFyre: Aug 1 2009, 01:11 AM

--------------------

And here is my party. grin.gif

Most of my information and crap is in my journal so go look at that <w<
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 28 2009, 01:25 PM
Post #2

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

Member No.: 67

PANE Profile

((OOC: do you mind putting a link to your profile in your signature?))

Glen was on the road. Not by choice, of course. Had Glen gotten his way, he'd still be in Lenolia, lying low-well, lying high-up in the ruined aboveground city. However, a couple of days ago, he'd gotten into a scrap with some sort of patrol up in the upper parts of the city, spouting words such as 'unhealthy', 'unsafe', and 'hooligans'. One thing Glen had learnt was that you don't mess with the patrols of Lenolia if you want to live and tell the tale. As much as Glen had little feelings on most issues, he could not entirely suppress his natural drive towards self-preservation, and made a run for it.
And so, he found himself on the road. His Cyndaquil and Rattata were in his pockets, no need to advertise his amateur level of skill.
It had been two days, and Glen had simply passed everyone he met so far without comment. At night, he had simply curled up on the side of the road and slept. He feared nothing, because, in his mind, what was their to fear?

As he walked, making slow headway, he came across a commotion up ahead. Some kid staring into a little patch of grass and yelling excitedly. As Glen came closer, his sight sharpened, and he realized it was just a little girl. The road passed right by them, and he walked right up to them, and planned on continuing to walk right by them, completely non-plussed.
He couldn't help but suppress the thought though, Ah, I'm really hungry. This girl looks really weak. But you never know with these kids. Some start really young, or are spoiled and are given strong ones to start off...though she doesn't really strike me as snob...should i stop and ask for food? Yeah, I will. But I'll wait until she's done with whatever antics she's engaging in...

Glen simply stopped in the middle of the road and waited, watching the girl examine a pokeball. She had some kind of pokemon by her, one that he was completely unfamiliar with.

This post has been edited by Anduril: Jul 28 2009, 01:27 PM

--------------------

Spoiler (click to showhide)

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 28 2009, 07:43 PM
Post #3

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk heard a noise near her, and she whirled towards the noise. She had no idea who it was, but it wasn't a Pokemon, so it was either a good trainer or a bad trainer. She approached, keeping to the trees so she wouldn't go the wrong way accidentally. She reached a hand down to her belt, where her other Pokemon waited to be called upon. She turned her head in what she hoped was the direction of the stranger's face and asked, a bit cautiously, "Who are you?"

((Yeah... I guess I'll put that in here... But Bob's not on the profile, I didn't think I was supposed to update it for every little thing.

Near Lenolia, are we? Amazing how these things work themselves out ^__^

And I have no idea what people would eat in the roleplays... Berries? Peanut Butter Sandwiches? Tauros Burgers?
And as for what's to drink... All I can think of is Soda Pop, Moomoo Milk, Lemonade, and Water. But of course there is the interesting drink Feraligatorade that someone came up with in the Pokemon Debates forum... *lols at Feraligatorade*

If you want I'll PM you a hint to Mystyk's secret... I know you're just dying to find out wink.gif ))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 28 2009, 08:58 PM
Post #4

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((OOC: Yeah, I was hoping you wouldn't mind the location. As for food, I would just assume normal food that people eat would exist here too. Bread, pasta, etc. And no, it's fine, no need to share your secrets))

Ugh. She's looking at me. Well, if she already is, I'll try and get some food out of it. That requires... civility. I suppose I can pull it off, I'm pretty hungry. So, how do people pull this off?
Glen cleared his voice and said aloud, "Hello, my name is Glen Reed. I'm...a traveler."
His eyes dropped, following the trainer's hand to her belt. "Oh, I see. You have pokemon. So do I. Shall we have a friendly battle?"
Furiously, he thought, No you fool, too confrontational!
"I mean, if you'd like to battle, that is. And oh, if you don't mind, I'm absolutely famished, if you could spare some food, I'd totally appreciate it."
It all depends on what she says next...

((OOC:If your character wants to battle, how should we do this? I don't care if Glen wins or loses, neither does he, it was merely a social exercise on his part...maybe a battle which we don't fight until the end, but just a couple rounds and then a draw? Whatever you'd like.))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 29 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #5

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Well, seeing as battling counts for how many points you get at the end, we'll have a battle. After we eat. She managed to look directly at you? Good... But my secret is going to be revealed in this thread anyway, so why not?))

Mystyk brightened up immediately. This Glen seemed like a nice guy. "Alright, but let's eat first. It is around lunch time."

Mystyk pulled some bread, peanut butter, jelly, and some various lunch meats out of her bag. "I- I hope sandwiches are all right?" she asked nervously. She always liked making people happy, and if her grandmother had taught her one thing, it was that a good host (or hostess) was the best thing to be when you want people happy. Mystyk was constantly frustrated with herself because of her disability. She pulled out a blanket and set the food down on it, then looked in the general direction of Glen, waiting for him to tell her what he wanted.

((If you can't guess from my posts what's wrong with her, I'm too anxious to wait any longer, I think she'll mention it in the next post... I hate keeping my own secrets sad.gif ))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 29 2009, 07:21 PM
Post #6

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((OOC: Blind?))

Score, this is working! It's good I didn't have to rob her, there seems to be something strange...can't quite place it though. Maybe it's just how she seems to sense things. Not that it scares me! Just...I don't know...

Glen replied,
"Yes, sandwiches work...."
Beggars can't be choosers....and oh, crap, I forgot-
"Yes please, and thank you."

Ugh, how unnatural! To Glen's ears, the words rang out unnaturally, and just hung in the air.

"I can make it myself." Without waiting any longer, driven by the same hunger that brought him to politeness, Glen reached for the peanut butter, jelly and bread, pasting together three sandwtches and devouring them in quick succession.

"Mmm...that was good!" He waited to see if the girl would eat, and if she'd return his request for a battle...

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 29 2009, 07:42 PM
Post #7

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((You got it. She's blind. I like playing blind characters. It always ends up being more fun.))

"Alright." Mystyk fixed herself a peanut butter sandwich (she was allergic to jelly, but had to have it around anyway for things like this) and ate it. She fed Jake some Pokemon treats from her bag. Then she thought for a moment and let all her Pokemon out. "What are you guys waiting for? Go ahead and eat!" While her Pokemon raced to help themselves to the multitude of treats and candies she laid out for them, she thought about whether she would battle him or not. She was still a weak Trainer, but it would give her a chance to train her Pokemon.

"When they're done eating, let's see to that battle. Your Pokemon are welcome to eat, too." Not that that'll let me know even remotely what he has... she thought. Sometimes being blind is so annoying! It gives everyone else such an advantage over me! she fumed silently.

((OMG that was freaky... My heart was going a mile a minute... There was a mod, here, reading this thread! OMG! *runs in circles shouting OMG OMG, then proceeds to freak out in other ways*))

Mod: kekeke.

This post has been edited by Bill Nye: Jul 31 2009, 02:05 AM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 29 2009, 10:27 PM
Post #8

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Right, this girl is almost nice to a sickening degree. True, pokemon can eat, but its not like they starve to death if they don't eat. Well, it's her food. He released his Cyndaquil and Rattata and gave them one berry each. Glen examined this girl's pokemon. Three were completely foreign to him, one he thought he had seen somewhere. His pokedex was almost completely empty. In fact, it was entirely empty except for his two pokemon. He had found it while searching through the the upper regions of Lenolia the day before he left. He reset the Dex, in an effort to keep track of his own experience.
Anyways, these pokemon don't look very strong, it seems I will actually have a shot at winning for once. Not that it matters. Maybe taking down her pokemon will bring her back down to Earth(Furoh). Right now, she looks like she lives in a dream, always glancing around everywhere and just so happy.

Glen waited a few minutes, watching the opposing pokemon. Cyndaquil and Rattata sat on either side of him, delivering markedly unfriendly glares at their future opponents. One of the pokemon seemed to be far more assertive then the others, despite its size; it was a little blue pokemon. That's the one I'll have to watch for...

Glen waited until the other pokemon looked fed, and then said to the girl,
"Ok, it seems like everyone got their fair share of victuals, let's get this going! This Cyndaquil and Rattata are my only two pokemon, so I suppose we'll have a two pokemon battle? We can double battle if you'd like, or single, I'm ready for either!"

Now that the time had come for action, Glen couldn't wait, here was an opportunity to express all the pent up energy in his being. He wasn't the only one. Both of his pokemon knew exactly what was going on, and Glen felt both tense with anticipation.
Yup, battling does feel good. That's pretty much the only plus side. Oh, and that the more you fight, the stronger you get. Everyone knows that though!

((OOC: Not sure how it's possible, but Glen still hasn't noticed she is blind.))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 30 2009, 01:50 AM
Post #9

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Maybe she should tell him ^__^ I'll go first, kk? Jake against your Rattata.))

"A single battle seems good to me. I'll use Piplup and Shinx," she said. She wondered if he had noticed she was blind yet. At least he hadn't said anything about it... Well, if he didn't notice, that suited her okay. She just hated keeping secrets. Maybe they should just get to know each other a little better. She didn't know where he was from, or where he was going, but traveling alone was kind of boring. More people, more chance for adventure, she always though.

"Jake," she said to the little Piplup, "go ahead. Use Bubblebeam!" She now knew that he had a Cyndaquil and a Rattata- only one of which she knew anything about. This Cyndaquil was mysterious to her, and she hoped being blind wouldn't stop her from learning more about it. She had no idea what type it was... She just hoped that it wasn't a Ground type. It would totally beat up on Lilly if it was- she was electric. Mystyk stifled a groan. She had just realized how little she knew about Pokemon in general.

((Should he just suddenly notice, or should she tell him, or what? Being blind is so confusing sometimes ^__^; Oh yeah... Where are we going, anyway? *totally lost*))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 30 2009, 02:22 AM
Post #10

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((OOC: She can tell him, but know that if you tell Glen, he will use that to his advantage and play dirty, so its maybe better to wait until the battle ends to tell him? And so we should do this by levels? Piplup defeats Rattata, but Cyndaquil would finish off Piplup and probably Shinx as well...Why don't we head back to Lenolia? That's where Glen wants to go. But currently they're both standing still happy.gif ))

Reacting, Glen called out,
"Rattata, do this!"
Glen felt as the tiny weight left his foot and a blur flew forwards. Rattata was ready for some action; ready to bite, tear, and hurt. Before he issued any commands, Glen flipped open his pokedex, getting the information about his opponent. "Piplup, the penguin pokemon. It lives along shores in northern countries. A skilled swimmer, it dives for over 10 minutes to hunt."

Glen groaned in disgust. That didn't help him at all, as he wasn't fighting in water. He figured he should at least be fortunate for that. Well, if its a good swimmer, then it's probably water type? Good thing its Rattata fighting...I should be careful though, this is probably her strongest. This is the boss pokemon, the Alpha.

His suspicions about the type were confirmed as the small pokemon released a surprisingly powerful jet at Rattata, striking the small pokemon's body and propelling it backwards. Woah, that's a powerful move! Shoot, I'll need to be careful!

"Rattata, we're going to have to rely on speed to win this fight! Make yourself scarce, and build up some speed and then use a Quick Attack on that pokemon!"
Eh, we're screwed, that pokemon's insulation layer of fat will probably absorb most of the hit...if that doesn't work, I'll try further penetrating that little blue pokemon by having Rattata throw it off guard and hopefully have it lower its defenses...

((Why don't you decide what happens for my attacks, and I'll control yours? Fair enough?))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 30 2009, 02:49 AM
Post #11

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Eh, sounds good to me.))

Mystyk heard the little creature coming before Jake did. "Jake!" she shouted, and she heard the Piplup squeal as it dodged just barely out of the way. "Now Jake- jump and Pound!" It was a special move they had been working on. Jake would jump up, to confuse the opponent, then drop on its back, use Pound, and roll away. It didn't work as well for upright Pokemon like Machop, but for Pokemon that walk on all fours, like a Rattata, it worked great.

((Sorry, but blind people do have a hearing advantage wink.gif ))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 30 2009, 03:22 AM
Post #12

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((It's cool!))

Glen cried out a warning, "Up!" but Rattata did not quite get what was going on as the almost equally sized pokemon reached the zenith of its leap. Rattata processed the information too late, as the penguin proceeded to land with great force on Rattata's back.
Ah! Not good! We've got it close range now, this is as good a time as any!
"Rattata, Tail Whip, quickly, while it is still in range! If that works, try a Tackle attack, as you'll be too close to use your more powerful Quick Attack!"
And if it doesn't work, Rattata is done, here and now...
Glen watched as Rattata waved its tail at the Piplup, attempting to batter it just a bit to soften it up...

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 30 2009, 03:27 AM
Post #13

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Yush, I have some tricks up my sleeve wink.gif Mystyk just wants the satisfaction that Jake will have when he finally beats someone up. She doesn't want it for herself... But Jake's more of a confrontational penguin. lol.))

The little Piplup completed its roll, just ducking out of the way. Mystyk heard a muffled Thwump and knew that the Tackle must have landed. Jake's tough, though, he can take that, she thought. "Two can play at that game! Jake, Tackle it!"

((This would be an awkward time for someone else to come in... Lol...))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 30 2009, 03:36 AM
Post #14

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((OOC: For all intensive purposes, the RP is currently closed I guess))

Finally something goes right! If Rattata wasn't so durable, it would have no chance, its really suffering the worse end of this fight...wait, this doesn't matter, control yourself...
Glen heard the command for a tackle and said calmly,
"Rattata, Get out of the way. You have plenty of time." Glen was right, and Rattata used its speed to evade the blow. However, it didn't count for the improvisation by the Piplup to respond right away with another tackle, sending Rattata flying into the dust. Gritting its sharp teeth, Rattata expended considerable effort getting back up. Glen thought, I may need Rattata yet on this journey, and I have no idea when i'll be able to revive knocked out pokemon. When it takes another hit, I'm forfeiting this battle. Rattata has guts, but guts aren't going to be enough to overturn the power differential. Let's go out with a bang though.
With a slight smile, Glen commended his fighter,
"Rattata, admirable determination. Keep up the hard work. Use a Quick Attack , and really, give it everything you've got!"
With a grunt of assent, Rattata took off, garnering more and more speed...

((OOC: I'll need to go to sleep really soon.))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 30 2009, 03:40 AM
Post #15

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((I should be asleep right now, it's 4:30 in the morning, but that doesn't stop me.))

Mystyk heard Glen tell his Rattata to use a quick attack, and trusted Jake to do what he would. She wanted the Rattata to feel it was doing well, so pretended she hadn't heard- although how could she not? Then she said calmly, "Jake." It was her signal for him to just do what he wanted, when he wanted. She could hear the Rattata panting and knew that if Glen was a good Trainer he'd call it in soon. If he wasn't.... Well, she didn't want to think about that.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 30 2009, 03:49 AM
Post #16

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Myskyk was right to put her trust in Jake. The Piplup reverted to his original move, and instead of trying to avoid the Quick Attack, it simply sent a Bubblebeam attack right in Rattata's path. Rattata was moving too fast to get out of the way, and it met the powerful bubble jet head on. However, its previous inertia kept it from being knocked back. Rather, it was just painfully stopped in its tracks. Rattata was still standing, but looked like it was having a daydream.
Glen watched and made his decision to withdraw Rattata. Smart thinking by that Piplup, Rattata may have a miid concussion or something, but nothing that can't be cured by a quick nap in a pokeball.
Aloud, "Rattata, well done, return!"
To the opposing trainer, "Ok, I concede that fight to you. I see no reason to fight until unconsciousness, it would just pose a major inconvenience to both of us. So shall we both switch to our second fighters? If I win this one, I suppose it is a draw, eh?"
Glen looked down to tell Cyndaquil to get out there, but it knew its turn was up. Cyndaquil stood five feet in front of Glen, facing the girl with a nonchalant look on its face, and the fire on its back burning brightly. Even its body was giving off signals of this pokemon's complete confidence in its ability.

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 30 2009, 04:02 AM
Post #17

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

((Visual signals of confidence? Mystyk can't see that, you know wink.gif ))

"Alright, Lilly, it's your turn," she whispered to the Shinx standing anxiously behind her leg. She giggled as the little lynx-like Pokemon stumbled on its way out- Shinx was always going for the laughs, and she knew her giggle would raise its morale. She turned her head for a moment as Jake used her clothes and bag as a way to climb up her until he was sitting on her left shoulder. He had been doing that a lot lately. Next thing you know he'd be sitting on her head... She returned her focus to the battle. "Lilly, Thunderbolt!" she shouted. She winced saying the little Pokemon's name out loud. It had been her mother's name, but it sounded stupid, especially to say it in front of someone she barely even knew. I need to be more careful choosing my Pokemons' nicknames from now on... A situation like this could happen again in the future and nicknames that sound awkward aren't going to help.

((Yeah... I do have sort of random names for my Pokemon. Jake is a name that I've used for Piplups of countless games, because my cousin's Empoleon on her game had been named Jake from the beginning and I ended up calling my Piplup/Prinplup/Empoleon "Jake" to myself anyway, I conceded defeat to myself and called all my future Piplups Jake. Lilly I thought appropriate at the time, and it could be interesting to work into her past... Ray started with 'R' like Riolu so I was like what the heck, and Bubble was the name of my Shiny Spheal on Emerald. But they sound stupid now that I think about it, and Mystyk is real sensitive to those things... Lol...))

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 30 2009, 05:27 PM
Post #18

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

Ok, let's check out exactly what we're dealing with...
Glen once again pulled out his pokedex, pushed some buttons, and learned,
"Shinx, the Flash pokemon. Its forelegs have a muscle-based system of generating electricity. Its body shines if endangered."
Glen tried to work out the implications. So it generates electricity. That most likely makes it Electric type. That's fine, it shouldn't cause any significant problems for Cyndaquil. And this pokemon looks weaker than the one we just faced, and Cyndaquil is far stronger than Rattata. Hopefully this will play to our favor...

Cyndaquil moved forward and began circling Shinx. Shinx counter-circled, and the two slowly spun around in a large elliptical circle, waiting for orders, never taking their eyes off the other. Glen could almost feel the heat shimmering from Cyndaquil's back, he didn't remember ever seeing it glow this brightly. Huh, Cyndaquil must be actually getting stronger. I haven't been keeping track, but I suppose it's almost inevitable.

Glen started in surprise as the girl, with a flush on her face, commanded her pokemon to use a Thunderbolt attack. That's a really advanced move, I don't know how her pokemon know such powerful ones...

Calling out to Cyndaquil, Glen commanded, "Cyndaquil, use an Ember attack of your own!"
THe shinx gave out a cry of effort as it released electric energy from its body as a bolt towards Cyndaquil. Cyndaquil just stood still and took the hit, giving a small grunt of pain at the impact. It then breathed in and released some small, hot flames in the direction of its opponent.

Glen thought to himself, Although Ember is a good move, I wonder if there is some way to utilize that burning fire coming from Cyndaquil's back. The small flames of the Ember attack pale in comparison to the inferno Cyndaquil has got going...

This post has been edited by Anduril: Jul 30 2009, 05:29 PM

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

LarkortheNightin...
post Jul 30 2009, 05:51 PM
Post #19

The Soul of Blood
Group Icon

SoulSilver Team

Mystyk pressed a button on her Pokedex and heard information about Cyndaquil in the earpiece in her ear. It wasn't ground-type, that was good. She smiled and decided to play a little game.

"Shinx, you know what to do!" she shouted, letting the Shinx know it was time to play their game. If the tough little Pokemon understood, it would initiate a series of rolls, fake tackles, and finally a jump completed with a Thunderbolt, and Shinx landed right beside Mystyk. They had been working on that one for a long time, but Lilly had mastered it. It was fun to do that, even if she couldn't enjoy the looks of frustration on people's faces when they got the snot beat out of them by a girl with a girl Pokemon. She chuckled quietly. Let's see how Glen takes this...

--------------------

+Quote Post

Anduril
post Jul 30 2009, 10:54 PM
Post #20

The Fifth Fang
Group Icon

PANE Profile

((OOC: Please check PM. Let me know and I'll edit this post accordingly))

--------------------

Uprising Profile
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 01:14 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.