Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
2 Pages V   1 2 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Of Seals and Men, Private RP
Pumpkin King
post Jul 22 2009, 08:15 PM
Post #1

Nevermore!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 807

BLARG

Of Seals and Men

An average teen clad in his usual black polo and dark jeans scanned his ever-expanding book collection for a specific novel. Vincent was in the mood for the unique writing style of John Steinbeck. He had just finished "Grapes of Wrath" and was ready for more Steinbeck literature. Scanning past the S's in his collection arranged by the author's last name, he noticed that he was lacking a certain book. Confused, Vincent looked through the books again. "Where is it?" He was starting to panic. "Where's 'Of Mice and Men'?!" He checked every book one by one until he reached his gemstone book-end. "Sebastian!"

There was a loud clang in the kitchen as pans hit the tile floor. A lanky man in his twenties fumbled into the den where Vincent had his books kept in an orderly fashion on a large bookcase. "What is it? Did Wally get stuck again?"

"Of Mice and Men?!" Vincent said, distressed. He placed a black strand of hair back in its place and faced Sebastian. "Where is it?!"

"Vince, you know I don't read," the man sighed. He was under the impression that something more urgent had occurred. "Why don't you ask that rambunctious turtle of yours? That little aquatic demon is always causing trouble." Sebastian ran his fingers through his lengthy deep blue hair and returned to the kitchen.

"It's Vincent!" The teen called out at his host.

"Right, no nicknames," Sebastian said from in front of the stove. The two had been living under the same roof for about a month and he had not learned that Vincent hated nicknames. "Wallace said you were coming to Furoh for an adventure. When are you venturing out of my house?"

Vincent ignored the question and searched every nook and cranny for his mischievous Squirtle. He burst in his bedroom furiously to find his Spheal asleep on the bed. "Oops," Vincent said, sheepishly exiting the room. "Wally sure does sleep a lot. Now where's that Squirtle?" He went out into the backyard and found his Squirtle splashing in the pool. "You have some explaining to do, Squirt."

The accused Tiny Turtle Pokemon looked confused. "Squirt?" Vincent had learned the Squirtle's facial expression and this was definitely not guilt.

"Maybe I just never bought it," Vincent tried to come up with a reasonable explanation. "I thought I did though... Wanna go downtown Squirt?"

The little turtle leapt out of the water estatically and cheered. Squirt was always out and about and loved going to the busy streets of Barley. "Squirtle squirt!"

"I'll go wake Wally," Vincent told his Pokemon.

This post has been edited by Pumpkin King: Jul 23 2010, 01:28 PM

--------------------

Think I'm cool? Follow me on tumblr.
Banner by Liquefy
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jul 22 2009, 09:08 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 2 490

Sweet Team

Joey was sitting in a white wicker chair in an outside cafe. It was a sunny, warm day and Joey's black clothing helped soak it all up. In his lap, he was subconsciously tickling an Igglybuff out of habit. The small, round, pink pokemon cooed and giggled. On the cafe table, a skimpy looking Pidgey was pecking at half a sandwich, while Joey was progressing through eating the second half. When it was finished, Claw the Pidgey preened its feathers and settled down, ready for a nap. Joey clicked open its Premier Ball and it converted into energy and went inside. His other Pokeball started wiggling. His hyperactive Seel wanted out as well. He clicked the button to release it, and the Seel materialized at his feet.

"Seeeel!" it yawned and stretched before looking up at Joey with puppy eyes. In a swift movement, it bounced into Joey's lap nearly upsetting the cafe table and knocking the little Igglybuff out. In what appeared to be an apology, Jet the Seel licked the little Igglybuff, causing it to coo and giggle.
"Hey, Jet" Joey said softly while petting the Seel. The Seel hopped down and Joey gently set Kimiko, the Igglybuff, on Jet's back. He looked into Jet's eyes and said, "Be good". Jet nodded dutifully and slid around the cafe table a few times to give Kimiko a ride. They seemed to be behaving themselves for the moment.

It's such a nice day, Joey thought. This is the type of atmosphere one should read books in. After checking his backpack, he remembered pitifully that he lacked personal possessions. There must be a book store around here somewhere. He started looking around.

He made sure he had everything and put on his backpack. Claw was in his Premier Ball at his waist, but Jet begged to stay out longer with his cute begging expression and voice. "Seee.....Seee. Seel." Joey told himself he was making a mistake, but he couldn't resist the cuteness.

Joey paid the cafe bill and picked up Kimiko and started walking down the street. Jet happily followed behind. The thoughtful trainer walked slower to make sure the pokemon had time to keep up. The street contained several, well-kept shops and they spent time going through them. Most of the shops were pokemon friendly, so Kimiko and Jet weren't a problem. Jet was behaving himself for the time being, so Joey was thankful for that. Not that Jet was a bad pokemon, he just needed a closer eye kept on him. He went through a clothes store and bought himself a pajamas set to add to his backpack. He had needed a new pair for awhile. These ones were emerald green and were a t-shirt with matching bottoms. It was made out of cheaper cloth, but they would do for awhile.

Down one of the streets, Joey came across an elegant looking bookstore. It looks too expensive for me, but browsing never hurt anyone, Joey thought. Kimiko squealed slightly as they passed the colorful child's section. Joey passed through the American literature section and recognized some Steinbeck classics. He spent some time floating around the different shelves while Jet occupied himself by looking at the vivid covers of Marine books. Joey kept coming back to a certain book though, titled "Of Mice and Men". It rung a bell. Perhaps he'd read it before. He kept looking around, trying to find at least something he liked and was within his price range.

This post has been edited by LittleShadowPokemon: Feb 17 2010, 11:07 PM

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 23 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #3

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

"Bye Sebastian!" Vincent called out as he walked out the door. He didn't expect a response and didn't receive one. Wally, still drowsy, very slowly rolled down the hallway towards the doorway. "Come on, Wally. You've been sleeping all day. How can you still be tired? Don't even think about it, Squirt." The little turtle was getting ready to send Wally flying out the front door with a blast of water. Luckily, Vincent had been keeping a close watch on his Squirtle. Sebastian would not appreciate the entrance to his house to be soaking wet either.

Vincent and his Pokemon strolled down the residential area to the bus stop. Lazy Wally was now in Vincent's arms and Squirt was playing with anything he could find. The Squirtle was trying to find out how to work an abandoned whistle. Though Vincent warned it had probably been used by a disgusting, slobbery child, Squirt insisted on fiddling with it. The Squirtle grunted as he dug through his trainer's backpack. He exclaimed is name in victory when he found what he was looking for: Vincent's hand sanitizer. Vincent didn't mind that his Pokemon had taken his backpack. The sun was shining powerfully and the teen's dark clothing was absorbing all sorts of sun rays, making him very hot. The lack of a backpack gave his back some more cool air. Squirt drowned the whistle in hand sanitizer and gave the backpack to his trainer. Vincent sighed heavily as he carried his bag.

"Squirtle!" Squirt spat out in alarm as he placed the whistle on his tongue.

Vincent chuckled and told his Pokemon, "Oh yeah. Keep in mind that alcohol tastes bad." The horrible taste did not thwart that little Squirtle, however. As the trio mounted the bus, Squirt washed off the hand sanitizer with a small Water Gun attack, splashing an innocent bystander in the process. "I'm very sorry, sir," Vincent apologized for the Pokemon. "Hand it over." Squirt held out the whistle and looked away, as if it would hurt to watch it being taken away. Vincent grabbed the silver whistle and slid it into his pocket. Wally was falling asleep in his trainer's arms, despite the loud high school girls gossiping a few feet away. For the rest of the ride, Squirt tied and untied Vincent's shoe laces several times. "Can you ever just sit still?" Vincent asked his Squirtle, though he knew the answer. Squirt almost violently nodded his head from side to side. "Well tie them correctly. We're getting off on the next stop. No tricks, Squirt, or you're not getting your whistle back." The tiny turtle quickly retied the laces correctly, desperate for his whistle.

They stepped off the bus and arrived at Pelliper Avenue. The street was lined with cozy little shops stacked one on top of the other. To reach the stores upstairs, one had to go through the store on the bottom and take an escalator. The design promoted sales for both stores since customers heading upstairs usually stopped to look downstairs as well and vice versa. At the intersection of Pelliper and Seafoam Boulevard however, there was a very large bookstore that took the place of both a bottom and top store.

Vincent stepped in and took a deep breath. "Ah, I love that new book smell of Noctowl's Nest with the scent of the Roost's coffee decorating the air." Squirt was tugging at Vincent's dark jeans and Wally was now rolling towards a very colorful book on display. "All right, you can have the whistle back," he said, reaching into his pocket. "I don't know why you want it so much. You don't even have lips. You have a beak." The tiny turtle snatched the shiny whistle from Vincent's hand and ran into an aisle. "Hey! Stay with Wally!" Vincent called after Squirt. He walked up to a woman sitting at a desk in the center of the store and asked, "Excuse me, is 'Of Mice and Men' in stock?"

The employee adjuisted her horn-rimmed glasses and furiously typed in the title of the book. "Actually, I believe we only have one left. A class of freshman came earlier and bought most of them. The last one should be-"

Vincent had already dashed to the American Literature section on the second floor. He frantically sanned the books, not paying attention to anything else. At that point in time, the only thing that mattered was that one book. "Oof!" Vincent grunted as he bumped into somebody in the same aisle. "I'm very sorry, sir," he apologized quickly, still looking for the book. "Aha! Wha?!" Vincent had located the John Steinbeck books, but there was an empty space where "Of Mice and Men" should be. He panicked and looked around and noticed that the book was in the hands of the person he had bumped into.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jul 23 2009, 05:36 PM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Joey kept an eye on his Seel who was still looking at the Marine cover not more than half an aisle away from him. He picked up the "Of Mice and Men" book and turned it over to read the back of it, trying to remember some of the details.

Right...this is the book with Lenny in it...I remember it from Agate Village, Joey thought. While in Agate, he had a chance to read a few of the books there to help inspire his writing. John Steinbeck wasn't his favorite author by any means, but he could relate to the characters well in this book, and the ending nearly broke his heart.

Thinking that perhaps the book would be refreshing, Joey looked at the price. He could afford it, but he would have to tighten his belt. He resolved himself to buying it, when his thoughts were broken by a muffled whistling sound coming from an aisle over. He shook his head. Someone else was the victim of a cheap whistle.

He looked down again at the book and was startled by someone forcefully bumping into him. Joey kept his footing and backed up a bit, giving the similarly black clad boy some room. He made sure he had a good hold of his upset Igglybuff, Kimiko. She calmed down after the initial shock and he shifted her over to his left arm while holding the book in his right.

"I'm very sorry, sir," the black haired boy apologized quickly. He seemed to be scanning the shelf as if he knew what he was looking for. Apparently so, because he exclaimed, "Aha! Wha?!" when he reached the empty space where Joey had just pulled out the book he was holding. That's strange..., Joey thought. Nice clothes....uh oh. Joey looked back and forth from the book to the shelf a few times and the black haired youth followed his gaze.

Unsure of what to say, Joey said, "I'm sorry." Should he put the book back and pretend to be looking? No, he was there first. What would the other boy do? Take it from him? He had no idea, and the awkward pressure closed in on him. He had to get better at talking to people. The other boy was intimidating though, standing about a half a foot taller than Joey, which wasn't all that rare.

Joey tried again to speak, "Can I help you?" The boy seemed transfixed on the book he was holding. Seel had come up behind Joey and nuzzled his right shoe and pant leg and Kimiko cooed softly, now occupied by looking at some of the shinier book covers.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 24 2009, 12:53 PM
Post #5

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent's fake smile unhinged, leaving his jaw hanging a bit, and he was blinking at twice his normal rate. His eyes flickered between the cover of the book he longed to posses and the boy holding it. A very long, silent minute passed by while the two teenagers awkwardly waited for the other to say something. Meanwhile, Squirt paraded through the aisles blowing on his whistle with Wally happily rolling at his little reptilian heels. Wally was giggling as he watched his world spin over and over again. Squirt was proud he had managed to emit a sound from his silver whistle, though the sound was very far from a whistling noise. The Squirtle unsuspectingly bumped into his trainer, who, along with the stranger, was blocking the aisle.

"Squirtle squirt!" The tiny turtle cried as he stomped his foot. Wally giggled even more as he bumped into the back of the Squirtle's shell. The Spheal had stopped moving, but in his dizzy eyes, the world was still moving.

"You'll kill your brain cells like that, Wally," Vincent told his Pokemon, snapping out of his trance. He took a deep breath, replaced a black strand of hair that had fallen out of place and said to the stranger, "Hello. I am very sorry about this little incident. I didn't mean to bump into you. I was just looking for something and I didn't notice you. Not that you're insignificant or anything like that. I was really focused and I was expecting you to be there. Umm...Excuse me for asking, but are you perhaps finished with that book you're holding? I don't mean to be- Squirt! Cut that out!"

Squirt was making faces at the stranger's Pokemon, contorting his facial muscles in all sorts of ways. The trainer's Seel however, seemed more interested in Wally. Being seals far from the cold waters they were used to, it only seemed natural that they would feel a connection. Unfortunately, the baby Spheal was busy bumping into the bookshelves, still disoriented from his rolling.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jul 24 2009, 05:52 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Seeing the trainer's Squirtle making the faces, Igglybuff hopped down lightly, inflating itself to fall slower. It waddled over to Squirtle and started copying it. "Kimiko..." Joey moaned. Meanwhile, Joey's Seel trudged towards the rolled up Spheal and bumped it softly through the aisles, watching it roll, bumping it again, and following to bump it some more. The other customers were starting to watch them. "Jet, don't play with other people's pokemon like they're toys!" Joey reprimanded. Jet just laughed back. So much for respect...., Joey thought.

"That's enough, Kimiko." Joey clicked open her ball and retracted her, leaving the Squirtle to make faces alone. She had been out enough anyways, and pokemon usually caused trouble when left out too long. Then again, it could just be his pokemon. He's never really seen other pokemon or how they act with their trainers. He looked around for his Seel, who was still rolling the Spheal along. They appeared to be enjoying themselves.

"Jet, come here," Joey said firmly yet quietly. He saw the wheels turning in the small pokemon's head. If it were fun to roll the Spheal with headbutts, think of how much fun it would be to blast it with a water gun? Joey was stopping this before it got out of hand. "You can play with the Spheal later. Right now, I need you right here." Joey leaned forward to give him a few pats which made up for it.

Joey turned his attention back to the trainer and the book. The apologetic trainer calmed him down. Now he obviously wasn't some bully, so Joey held out the book to him. He was sure this trainer could afford it better anyways. He would just get something cheaper later. Upon handing the book to him, Joey said, "Here you go. I'm sure you'll enjoy it. Have you read it before?"

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 25 2009, 12:49 PM
Post #7

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent happily snatched the book right out of the stranger's outstretched hand and realized his rudeness a second later. "Oh, I'm sorry! I didn't mean to you know- and I was only trying to- and then I got excited and yeah..." Vincent apologized sheepishly. He was jumping for joy on the inside, but his reserved exterior remained calm, though it was slipping a bit. Vincent wasn't known for making conversation with strangers, but his happy mood prompted otherwise. "Yes, I have read it before. I wanted to read it again but then I noticed that it was no longer in my little library. I rushed here to purchase another copy, but then this happened and I'm sure you know the rest." Vincent smiled, revealing his gleaming pearly teeth. He wasn't one to show off, but his teeth certainly were something to be proud of. After so much brushing and flossing, they had reached celebrity status. Vincent loved looking picture perfect at all times, but not for the reasons one might think. It was more of a compulsion to be organized. He took a nice long look at the book in his hands and was struck with guilt.

"Did you want to buy this book?" Vincent asked. "I've already read it and I can always check it out at the public library, though I prefer to have my own books rather than have to get a beaten up old book that's been absolutely everywhere... But really! I don't mind. I'm sure they'll restock the book soon enough. I just kinda chose the wrong day, I suppose. Those school children won't be buying it every single day and even if they did, I'd just buy it online. I remember having to read it as an assignment too, when I actually attended school. Now I'm part of that 'Trainer's Education Program' where I do everything on a laptop and-"

Vincent's long-winded explanation was interrupted by a very loud whistling noise. Squirt finally managed to position the whistle in his beak so when he blew, it would make the correct sound. "Squirt! We're in a bookstore! Keep it down or you're going in your Pokeball!" Vincent threatened his tiny turtle.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jul 25 2009, 02:07 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Oh God....this guy has a collection of books and I was about to buy one of them, Joey thought. What business does someone like me have buying a book anyways? The other trainer flashed a smile after being so apologetic, how could he be afraid of him? Although, Joey did make a mental note about showing his teeth to this trainer. His couldn't compare and he started feeling subconscious about them.

Vincent started explaining about the book when he was interrupted by the whistling Squritle. Ingenious. He actually learned to do it. Joey looked at the tiny turtle pokemon. He had never seen one before and this one appeared to be in particularly good health. Its shell looked strong. Squirt, the trainer called it? Cute nickname. He looked like he could be strong, too. I wonder what he feeds it? I need to bulk up my Pidgey anyways. Claw's been looking pitiful since Pyrite Town.

"You should buy the book," Joey said plainly after Vincent scolded his Squirtle. "You have a better reason than I do. I don't have a collection or anything. I was buying it just because." His face remained expressionless. "I've never attended school since there were none in Orre, specifically Pyrite or Agate. I learned what I had to through books." He indulged in a simple flashback of the well-worn textbooks in the daycare center bookcase. Orre lacked a lot of things, being a desert wasteland, but Joey had managed to read quite a few books while there. He still had his notebook, anyways.

The Seel started rubbing his head against his trainer's pant leg. He wanted to go outside. Joey started walking towards the Second Floor cashier, looking back at Vincent. "I've been in here long enough, and Seel wants to go outside. You can pay for your book, and we'll continue our talk outside. How does that sound?" Jet clapped enthusiastically towards Vincent.

The view from the Second Floor windows was fantastic. Other shops lined the street and people bustled through them. Diagonally in front of them, the port could be seen with boats importing and exporting. He saw a few signs advertising the wharf and even a few maps in a rack near the staircase for tourists. Joey would wait for Vincent and look at them, then follow him down through the First Floor shop and into the street. He had had a lazy morning and was ready for some action. Jet was too, as Joey could tell. He was smacking his tail against the floor.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 28 2009, 10:10 AM
Post #9

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Trying to stall time, Vincent looked at the various bookmarks for sale at the register. He was now feeling very apprehensive about the stranger he had just met. I guess I got a bit too excited about that book, he said in his mind. I really shouldn't be talking about my life that way to strangers. What if he's a criminal? He did say he didn't go to school. People without an education oftentimes rely on crime to supply themselves. Does he even have any money? Was he going to steal that book? He thought back to their collision and tried to remember the quality of the stranger's clothing.

"Sir? Is that all?" the impatient cashier asked.

"Oh! I'm very sorry. I was just thinking-"

"That's very nice. Now is that credit or debit?"

"Um, debit please." He handed her the card his parents had given him at his departure. They had filled his account with enough money to take care of himself in Furoh and would add even more money every so often. While he typed in his PIN number, he was deciding on whether or not he should follow through with that conversation with that boy. He did seem very nice though. Maybe we could be friends.

You can't be friends with him! said his little doppelganger.

Why not? He and I obviously have a similar taste in books!

... He... His name doesn't start with a V!

Vincent just realized that his closest friends all had names starting with the letter V: Vitalis, Victor, Victoria, Violet. That's no excuse! I'm gonna go and talk to him for the sake of being polite. And-

"Your book sir!"

"Oh right!" Vincent was walking off without the book he was dying to buy. He grabbed the plastic bag sitting on the counter and scurried to the windows where his new acquiantance was waiting. Squirt and Wally were following their trainer with a spring in their step. Wally was actually bouncing rather than rolling. "Um, hi. I don't think I introduced myself. How rude of me. I'm Vincent. Vincent Waters." He extended his hand and reminded himself to use some hand sanitizer afterwards.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Jul 28 2009, 03:04 PM
Post #10

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

"Um, hi. I don't think I introduced myself. How rude of me. I'm Vincent. Vincent Waters." Joey turned to see Vincent coming toward him, bag in hand of his purchase, and his other hand outstretched. Joey shook his hand firmly with good eye contact. When he pulled his hand away, it felt tingly. How many times had he done that in his life? Once? Twice?

"My name is Joey Sweet," Joey turned for one last look out the window before leaving. "Let's go," Joey said quietly, and with that, he led his new acquaintance, Vincent, out through the lower floor onto the sunshine-washed street.

Trailing behind Vincent were two very happy looking pokemon, including a bouncy Spheal and his Squirtle. Joey peered at them, and his Jet went to be beside the Spheal. Joey was drifting toward the port while talking.

"I'm from the Orre Region, as I mentioned before. We never had anything so beautiful as this, although Agate Village came close. Going there was the first time I saw grass, and a waterfall. There was a daycare center there where I worked with pokemon, and met my Seel, Jet." Joey motioned towards the smiling pokemon. "Along with Kimiko, the Igglybuff you saw earlier. I also have a Pidgey named Claw, who you have not seen yet. I'll introduce you later, if you like. He was my first pokemon, back in Pyrite Town, where I left my parents. I traveled here to seek my fortune in the world, of sorts. At least to live a happier life." His parents....he had not thought about them for a long time, and it was painful. He couldn't save them from the tension and misery that was their life. He was just desperate to save himself.

Nearing the wharf, there was an impromptu water pokemon chariot race going on, but Joey couldn't see any of the details, and they sped off behind the boats and out of sight. At this end of the port were the larger and more luxurious ships. Joey turned back to Vincent and asked, "What's your story?" because he himself was a little incredulous that he had divulged that much about himself unintentionally, but perhaps it was worth it. He had to remember, this wasn't Pyrite Town, a town of criminals. He could be himself here, as he had a right to be. He had to remember, above all, to be happy.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Jul 30 2009, 08:16 AM
Post #11

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent had already grown used to the sights of Barley and wasn't as amazed as Joey. He listened intently to the teen's story, hoping it would help him come up with a decision. Vincent was still very unsure about the boy and yet, he already felt comfortable around Joey. Vincent seemed to feel a connection with the boy through their similarities. Both wore black clothing, trained seal Pokemon, had baby Pokemon and had an interest in books, or at least one book in particular. That was enough to let Vincent open up. He felt awkward with his last encounter with a stranger because the firey red headed girl was just much too different.

"I grew up in Ever Grande City in Hoenn," Vincent told Joey. "It's not much of a city... and it's not very grand at all, at least not on my end of the island. My family ran the Pokemon Center at the entrance of Victory Road. I've always wanted to see what was on the other side of the cave, but I never had any Pokemon of my own. I spent most of my time reading and fishing for Luvdisc. I would collect their heart scales."

Vincent reached into his bag and pulled out a handful of pink heart-shaped fish scales. "They come in handy sometimes. There are some collectors who will provide special services if you give them a couple of these. Anyway, I was lucky enough to meet Wallace the Pokemon Champion while living in Ever Grande and he encouraged me to leave home. He said that kids my age normally explore their home region with some Pokemon. As a gift, he gave me baby Spheal and tickets for a ship to Furoh. I named the Spheal after him, hence 'Wally'. I'm staying with Wallace's cousin Sebastian right now, but I should probably start that adventure I came here for."

"What about your Squirtle?" Joey inquired, curious where Vinccent received the hyperactive turtle.

"Apparently, my parents had planned this with Wallace and bred a Squirtle just for me. It was very nice of them. I was planning on being home schooled for the rest of my teenage years and then head off to college for a degree in English or something. I never expected this to happen, but I'm glad it did." Vincent chuckled a little. "You've been lucky enough to catch me in the right mood for talking, but I'm normally very quiet and... antisocial," he said with a shudder. Vincent hated the word because it had such a negative connotation, though he knew it described him perfectly.

A flock of Wingull glided overhead and flew towards the sea, most likely in search of food. Vincent dashed out of the way, always being afraid of droppings. When the air was bird-free, he returned to his companion and Pokemon. "Sorry, just a precaution." He checked his black polo and pulled off a small white hair. Vincent glanced at Joey's Seel and made a mental note not to get too close. "So, um, where are you staying in Barley?" Vincent asked. "Do you have family here or something?"

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Aug 2 2009, 05:15 PM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Joey looked up at the flock of Wingull passing over head. Their caws and screeches pierced the sky in their raid for food as they headed towards the docks and open sea. Joey wished he could glide with them. Perhaps if he raised Claw up some more….

He snapped out of his thinking at Vincent’s question. "So, um, where are you staying in Barley?" Vincent asked. "Do you have family here or something?" Joey hadn’t even thought about that. He supposed he could have just stayed at an Inn. There was still plenty of time left to the day, and Joey had wanted to get a move on as quick as possible. He turned to Vincent and answered, “I left my family back in Orre. I was just going to stay at an Inn here, but I got here sooner than I thought I would. I ate recently, and I was hoping to start planning for my next destination. Looking at the map on the second floor of the bookstore, I saw there’s an Island not too far from here. Even one of Barley’s boats is devoted to shuttling between these two land masses. It’s called Fidona, and there’s a gym and contest hall there. Plus, there’s more wild pokémon to capture.”

The last thought made him giddy. There were never any pokémon to catch in Orre. That place was a desert region. The wheels in his head were already turning, especially about what to do with gym battles and contests. He mentally went through his pokémon. Jet had the potential to be a courageous battler, and Claw could be a good asset too. But his Igglybuff, Kimiko, still had some growing up to do. On his way to Fidona, he needed to train them, big time. But did he even know how? Joey sighed. He was just going in circles. He began to wonder what Vincent planned on doing.

“What about you? You said you were here for adventuring. What does that include anyways?” Joey wondered if he would be battling, contesting, or maybe something else altogether.

Jet was happily following the Spheal and Squirtle. The three water types were getting along well, from what Joey could tell. He would put off returning him to his pokeball, as he probably would have done by now under different circumstances. Jet was just happy to be outside again, for the most part. It always put him in a good mood. Certainly this pokemon couldn't win a gym battle? He was little more than a favorite pet. There were no gyms or anything in Orre, but Joey did know some stuff from reading books and the different styles of battling. Although Orre had been full of battle-happy criminals, he hadn't even been in a pokemon battle yet. He did know some different things, such as memorizing type match-ups and the difference between attacking and defending moves. There was so much to learn, he couldn't help but feel overwhelmed.

This post has been edited by LittleShadowPokemon: Feb 17 2010, 11:40 PM

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Aug 6 2009, 01:57 PM
Post #13

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Fidona? That's far, at least by my standards, Vincent thought. Vincent, who rarely ventured out of the comfort of Sebastian's home, was not one for traveling. The trip from Hoenn had already been enough and he felt unprepared for any more adventures. Well Squirt is getting pretty antsy, Wally too. I can't stay with Sebastian forever. But Fidona? What am I thinking? I'm not traversing Furoh with some stranger. I shouldn't even be talking with him!

“What about you? You said you were here for adventuring. What does that include anyways?” Joey asked of Vincent.

"Oh, I don't really know. I haven't given it much thought." Vincent pictured a two of himself in his mind. One Vincent was slapping the other with a Magikarp. Wrong answer! You should've given a firm answer! You're showing vulnerability! Don't you see that he's trying to invite you? Why do you think he let you have that book? "B-But I think- I know I'd like to um... Go home. That's what I want to do right now!" Vincent's reluctant side took hold of him. "I'm very sorry. It was nice to meet you and all but I really must go. Good bye!" He quickly recalled his Pokemon to their PokeBalls, though they fought and squirmed to stay out.

"You forgot your... book..." Joey called out, seeming to give up on the last word. Vincent had already dashed around the corner and was out of sight.

"No! I'm not going anywhere with anyone! I'm staying in Barley where I can live happily with my Pokemon and Sebastian," Vincent told himself a little loudly. He was starting to panic without a rational reason. He himself was unsure why he was feeling this way. Why did he feel threatened by Joey? "We'll be a happy family with no blood relation whatsoever, but we can work past that. Sebastian's girlfriend can be the mom, he'll be the dad- Oof! I'msorryI'msorryI'msorry!"

Vincent had bumped into a large, hulking figure. He was frantically apologizing to the man but he probably would be doing the same if he had bumped into a wall instead. After several apologies, Vincent stood back to take a look at the man but stepped back into yet another stranger.

"You from around here?" The first asked. The stranger was a man in his early twenties with copious tattoos decorating his exposed skin. His towering frame was intimidating and his menacing smile was lopsided. A closer look at the teenager's eyes would show that he was enjoying the intoxicating effects of drugs.

Vincent, on the verge of tears, imagined the horrible things this thug and his crony could do to his petite body. "I'msorryIwasonlytryingtogethomeandIdidn'tseewhereIwasgoingandallIwanted-"

"Woah, chill dude," said the second. "We're nice guys, aren't we Chris?"

"Sure, sure. We were just hangin' here when we saw those nice Dive Balls on your belt. Think you could show us your Pokemon?"

Vincent was just about ready to have an episode. Tears were already streaming down his cheeks. He thought he was escaping all of his problems when he left Joey but had actually walked into an even worse situation. This is what I get for being afraid of people. Vincent had finally come to accept his irrational fear of people. Such phobia was sure to cause serious problems for any individual and acceptance is commonly the first step to solving an issue, but would not help now. Vincent desperately hoped for divine intervention as he crouched down into a fetal position on the ground, which was hardly a brilliant idea.

"GET UP!"

Aggravating two drunken thugs would only lead to violence so Vincent complied.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Aug 7 2009, 02:56 PM
Post #14

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

"B-But I think- I know I'd like to um... Go home. That's what I want to do right now!" Vincent's reluctant side took hold of him. "I'm very sorry. It was nice to meet you and all but I really must go. Good bye!" Joey watched as the nervous boy quickly recalled his reluctant pokemon. Expressionless, Joey recalled his pokemon as well, and looked up as Vincent hurried away. Then he glanced at the plastic bag he had set down to free his hands for the pokeballs.

"You forgot your... book..." Joey called out, seeming to give up on the last word. The strange boy had already dashed around the corner and was out of sight. He bent down and picked up the bag. His mind flashed through the day and their encounter, and he wondered what he did wrong. He shrugged it off. Just another person that didn't like him. No big deal, but he should return the book no matter what. It was the right thing to do.

Joey walked slowly down the street and around the corner, concentrating on his balance and poise. He couldn't help but to think what to do about Vincent, and his impression of him was beginning to fade. With an attitude like that, what pokemon trainer could he possibly make? He also seemed really reluctant to travel. Joey felt he was wasting his opportunity in Furoh. Joey, however, knew he had to be as efficient as possible.

He turned down a different street where Vincent could have gone and while passing another, he glimpsed movement out of the corner of his eye. Keeping his expression lax, he turned his head and peered down the alley way, and it was a good thing he did. He saw two larger, swaggering thugs looming over Vincent. He caught a few of the words...

"Sure, sure. We were just hangin' here when we saw those nice Dive Balls on your belt. Think you could show us your Pokemon?"

Joey walked over to the shadowy side of the alley and walked towards Vincent and the thugs, nonchalantly. He recognized the type, the wannabes these two were. They weren't the real criminals who knew what they were doing. Just amateur thugs. However, they could prove problematic if not handled promptly.

"GET UP!" The two thugs shouted at Vincent, and Joey looked over as to why.

Joey was very close now, and Vincent had laid down on the dirty ground, in a shaky fetal position. Joey could see the tears staining his face, and felt a pang of sorrow for him. He faced the thugs that just noticed him, and spoke out.

"If you like to see pokemon, you should see this one." With that, Joey clicked open one of this pokeballs and out came....a small, round, pink ball of fluff. Kimiko. The thugs burst out laughing, before reaching for weapons of their own. Joey was alerted.

"Kimiko, they could use a little charming. They don't seem very appreciative of your presence." The small pokemon understood and started posing cutely, with perfect hearts shining off of her. The thugs became mesmerized, and their movements slowed. Vincent was also watching

"You've got them hooked, Kimiko. Let's see if they would like a performance of your singing talents." Kimiko was delighted and started singing. "Iiiiiggi-leee Iiigi-lee-e-ee buff." In a slow, low tone, repeating melodically, the small Igglybuff sang. The thugs grew drowsy, their bloodshot eyelids drooping, then their collapse, dangerously close to either side of Vincent, who was still in between laying down and getting back up. Kimiko stopped singing once her audience fell asleep, and she inflated and turned away from them in a Hmph! motion.

"I think you did great, Kimiko." Joey said as he recalled the indignant Igglybuff to her ball. He himself was on the verge of dreamland, feeling very relaxed. He looked over at Vincent. He wasn't asleep, but the singing did drain out his adrenaline and he appeared a lot more relaxed. Joey went over and sat down cross-legged next to him while he blinked away sleepiness. He handed out a plastic bag he had been holding.

"You forgot your book."

This post has been edited by LittleShadowPokemon: Feb 17 2010, 11:47 PM

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Aug 13 2009, 01:48 PM
Post #15

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

"Well... This certainly is embarrassing..." Vincent shyly admitted. He was sitting upright next to his savior, though the ground was atrociously filthy by Vincent's standards. However, hygiene and cleanliness did not seem like such a priority at the moment. Alright. You can be friends with him. "So... Fidona you said?"

"It's not everyday Vinny-"

"-Vincent."

"-Vincent brings a friend over," Sebastian finished his sentence. Vincent, Joey and Sebastian all sat at the dinner table with plates of spaghetti in front of them. All of the Pokemon, including Sebastian's Marill, were lounging in the adjacent living room while munching on their favorite berries. Vincent had invited Joey over for dinner as the sun began to set along the horizon. "That sure sounds like quite an adventure you two had today. I'm sure you'll make an excellent team!" There was only the sound of silverware clinking against dishes after Sebastian's comment. Vincent and Joey hadn't quite discussed an actual departure together, though it was seemingly implied. Joey was to leave for Fidona and Vincent had yet to start the grand adventure he had set out for. Now being friends, or at the very least, acquiantances, one would think they'd head out together. "So..." Sebastian said, breaking the awkward silence. "How are you guys getting to Fidona? You both have water types, but they don't seem strong enough to take you that far. There's always the shuttle ferry, or if you're not afraid to get wet, there's a Pokemon rental service. You can rent a Lapras for a decent fee."

"Hey Sebastian, how 'bout that pie you whipped up?" Vincent said, trying to change the subject. He was attempting to be open-minded, but a agoraphobic teen could not make that much progress in just one day. Sebastian went into the kitchen to search for dessert, leaving Vincent and Joey alone at the table. "I'm sorry. He just wants his spare bedroom for himself again. It used to be where he stored all his junk before I came."

There was a familiar obnoxious whistling noise coming from the living room. Vincent rolled his eyes and tried to focus on his guest. "I swear, that turtle's gonna drive me insane one day."

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Aug 13 2009, 08:47 PM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

Joey wasn't accustomed to such a nice house, or a nice atmosphere. He looked around at his surroundings and smiled almost haughtily on the inside, while his face remained emotionless on the outside. This was something he could get used to. He certainly wouldn't have seen anything like this back in Orre. He kept an eye on his pokemon in the living room. They were enjoying the luxury as well, food and environment. Joey was starting to build his ambition for fortune as he took in what the man, who was introduced as Sebastion, was saying.

"...I'm sure you'll make an excellent team!" ...What? Was he talking about Joey and Vincent? Joey thought to himself. He never actually invited Vincent along. Did he? He just told him his plans, and yes, he kept those visions in the back of his mind of them traveling together, but how it actually came along he couldn't remember. Wait. Maybe he wasn't talking about what Joey thought he was. There was an awkward silence as Vincent tensed up. Joey could sense it.

"So..." Sebastian said, breaking the awkward silence. "How are you guys getting to Fidona? You both have water types, but they don't seem strong enough to take you that far. There's always the shuttle ferry, or if you're not afraid to get wet, there's a Pokemon rental service. You can rent a Lapras for a decent fee."

Well, apparently he was talking about what Joey thought. Joey wasn't experienced with water, and felt hesitant about getting wet. After seeing Vincent's display of heroism today, he couldn't fathom the other boy to enjoy getting wet either. Joey had assumed there would be a shuttle ferry, but riding on a Lapras would be fun, but cramped. He imagined himself and Vincent sitting together on a Lapras. It wasn't exactly comfortable, and staying on one from dawn to dusk didn't sound too appealing. Joey would be up for it, but Vincent's wants mattered in this too. He would have to see what he would say.

"I'm sorry. He just wants his spare bedroom for himself again. It used to be where he stored all his junk before I came." Vincent said to Joey. He snapped out of his thoughts. Sebastion was gone, and Joey couldn't remember where he went, or him leaving at all. Joey thought about Vincent's statement, then replied.

"And rightfully so. You didn't think you would just spend the rest of your life here, did you?" Joey spoke quietly, and the look at Vincent's expression told him that was exactly what he had been thinking. A feeling of amusement bubbled up through Joey.

A struggling whistling sound floated in from the living room. Joey peeked in to see Claw pecking at his food, while Kimiko, finished, rolled up into a ball underneath his feathers. Jet was trying to be the overseer of the group in a misplaced sense of justice. While he tried to appear noble, the end result was more laughable.

"I swear, that turtle's gonna drive me insane one day." Vincent frowned in the direction of his Squirtle. Joey looked down at his plate. He was finished with his food, having eaten everything he took. His drink glass was empty as well.

Joey interjected, "I'm up for a Lapras ride. How about you?" It was an implied dare. He was very interested in the response. Would the fearful Vincent be up for such an adventure?

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Aug 17 2009, 12:50 PM
Post #17

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent was biting his lower lip almost to the point of bleeding. He certainly had not expected such a straightforward question. Joey's question wasn't even an invitation, it was presumptuous inquiry of their method of travel. On the inside, Vincent was freaking out and the panic was slowly revealing itself on his face. "I- I... um... I don't really- yeah. You know, I'm not so- and well not really-"

"Vince had a bad experience with a Lapras when he was younger," Sebastian said, walking into the dining room with a steamy blueberry pie in his hands. "What he means to say is, 'Actually, I think I'd rather take a Wailmer.' I hear those are up for rent as well. You could also take a Blastoise or even a Wailord, but those cost a bit more." With a large, smug smile, Sebastian placed the pie at the center of the circular table and sat down. "So when do you boys leave?" He swiflty flipped his deep blue locks and directed his attention solely to Vincent.

The aura surrounding Vincent was very powerful and no Lucario was necessary to sense it. It was a dark, spiteful black, or at least that's what it seemed like. In reality, the chandelier dangling above the table had a few burnt out lightbulbs on the side Vincent sat. He wasn't averse to this adventure Joey had planned, but he loathed being rushed. Vincent stood up abruptly and declared, "I am sufficiently satisfied." He left the dining room and in the distance, Sebastian and Joey heard the bathroom door slamming and the shower being turned on.

"He gets like that sometimes," Sebastian explained. "Vincent gets so close to doing something fun but ends up flaking out. For example, just last week he was on a date with some cute red-head at the Purple Clamperl. What did he do? He made up a lame excuse and ran. I felt really bad for the girl." From the strained look on his face, one could tell Sebastian was trying to remember something.

"Charlie. And it wasn't a date." Vincent stood in the door frame with a fresh, warm towel from the dryer.

"I thought-"

"I forgot my towel." Vincent began walking away and murmured. "...And she's not my girlfriend."

"I never said that," Sebastian called out to the hallway with a smile. He loved nothing more than to annoy Vincent. There was another slam in response. "Anyway, if you'd like to stay, you're more than welcome. I have another spare bedroom and plenty of room."

"I couldn't." Joey refuted, involuntarily placing his hand on the pocket that sheltered his wallet.

"Oh don't worry! I'll just add it to Vincent's rent. It's not like he pays for it anyway. My cousin Wallace is funding Vincent's entire Pokemon adventure in Furoh." Sebastian explained. "It's awful nice of Wally to do that for him. Being the Hoenn League champion and all, he certainly has the money to spare."

"Vincent's Spheal is the champion of the Hoenn League?!" Joey asked, bewildered.

"No, no. Wally is my cousin's nickname. Vince named the Spheal after my cousin, who had given it to him as a present. Wallace gave the runt of the litter to him, hoping that would make raising the Pokemon a little easier. But that's besides the point. Would you like t o stay?"

Meanwhile. Squirt and Jet were arguing over the television remote in the living room. The two babies, Wally and Kimiko, were already fast asleep. Claw had perched himself on top of an elaborate grandfather clock that had just chimed eight. Sebastian's Marill, Marina was entertaining herself with a particularly bouncy inflatable beach ball.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Aug 22 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

"Would you like to stay?" Sebastian asked Joey. Of course he would. This house was absolutely wonderful. But past the luxurious exterior, what else lied there? Dependence? Obligation? No, Joey couldn't deal with any of those. He's always depended on himself. He couldn't start otherwise now.

"No thank you, but it was a very nice offer," Joey kept his serene appearance up, voice level. Sebastian looked taken aback, unsuspecting that answer. Joey had finished his food and drink, so he rose from the table and walked into the living room. Jet and Squirt were fighting over the remote for the TV. Joey knelt down and took the remote away from Jet, reminding him it wasn't nice to take things from others, especially things that weren't his. Squirt coveted the remote like a trophy, and Jet went over to a corner to pout. He'll be alright, Joey thought with a small smile.

Joey walked over to an ornate Grandfather Clock, intricately carved with archaic woodworking. He admired the piece of furniture for a few more minutes, and looked up when he heard a soft cooing. His skimpy Pidgey had perched himself on top of it, and peered down at him. Joey could recognized the tired, despair look, but there was something else different too since coming to Furoh. More vitality?

The young trainer reached up and called to his Pidgey. Claw stepped gingerly onto his arm and Joey lowered it back down and stroked his bird pokemon. He could tell Claw was enjoying the attention; he was cooing excessively. Jet came over and rubbed his horn against his trainer's leg. Joey sat down cross-legged on the floor and let the Seel flop onto his lap. He gave both his pokemon a lot of loving. Kimiko would have been in on it too, if she had not been sleeping against Wally. They certainly were cute.

While petting his two happy pokemon, Joey thought about Vincent and what had happened tonight. He certainly was a strange young man, that Vincent. But Joey was beginning to see him in a better light, especially being in his living space. Unfortunately, it couldn't last long. He went over all the places he's seen in Barley so far. Was there possibly an Inn cheap enough for him? He would just have to look. He recalled Kimiko and Jet to their Pokeballs, and kept Claw cradled in his arms. He was starting to feel heavier, at least.

Walking down the hall, he listened for the sound of the shower. He had to at least say goodbye to Vincent. It was the polite thing to do. What if he saw Sebastian? Would he try to convince him to stay again? Would Vincent even want him to? He sincerely doubted it. Thinking he found the correct door, he pressed his ear to it. Shower sounds. Yup. He raised his left fist to knock, held it there, lowered it, raised it again, hesitated, lowered, sighed. What would he say? What could he? Joey thought about what Sebastian said, Vincent being a flake. Perhaps, he could help him? No. Trying to help people that didn't want it was more exhausting than anything. But it couldn't hurt to stick near him for awhile, see how things went. It was smarter to travel in groups.

Joey raised his left hand again, and knocked on the door.

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Pumpkin King
post Aug 26 2009, 02:43 PM
Post #19

Nevermore!
Group Icon

BLARG

Vincent let the hot water run down his body, helping him relax as he took in the day's events. The steam had fogged up the whole bathroom and the extractor could not work fast enough to remove it. Vincent had always been scorned for taking really hot and long showers, but he persisted for the sake of his sanity. In the shower, he needn't worry about a single thing which is why his bathing sessions were rather lengthy. He didn't want to get out of the shower because that would bring him back to the terrible world he called home. Vincent's life is relatively slow-paced, but in his eyes, he is jam packed with so many responsibilites and things to do. He created unnecessary stress, sometimes leading to acne, thats is if Vincent's multitude of cleansers somehow failed.

Paying no mind to the high-pitched whistling that Squirt was making from the living room, Vincent softly started to sing, unaware that Joey was standing at the bathroom door. "I'd give up forever to touch you," he began Iris, by Goo Goo Dolls. Though the world would never have known because he hardly spoke at all, Vincent actually had a decent voice. Because I know that you feel me somehow. You're the closest to heaven that I'll ever be, and I don't want to go home right now." Vincent took the liberty to fix the grammar of the song because it would irk him otherwise. "All I can taste is this moment and all I can breathe is your life. Because sooner or later it's over, I just don't want to miss you tonight."

Arriving at the first chorus, Vincent sang with more power. "I don't want the world to see me because I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am." Completely forgetting about proper and improper grammar, he continued, "And you can't fight the tears that ain't coming or the moment of truth in your lies. When everything seems like the movies, yeah you bleed just to know your alive. And I don't want the world to see me 'cause I don't think that they'd understand. When everything's made to be broken, I just want you to know who I am."

Vincent paused where the instrumental break should be. In his head, he was counting out the measures and imagining the music. Vincent wanted a perfect performance, even if no one was listening... besides Joey. Vincent was also thinking of how the chorus related to himself and the situation he had stumbled into. He was hiding from the world and yet he wanted Joey to see him for who he really is. Vincent felt like he actually had a chance to make a good, close friend. He really needed a friend who was there physically. Vitalis and the others were miles and miles away and they often neglected to at least call.

"And I don't want the world to see me
'Cause I don't think that they'd understand
When everything's made to be broken
I just want you to know who I am

I just want you to know who I am..."

"...I just want you to know who I am..." Vincent concluded, singing very softly once again. He slowed the rhythm to an extreme and added a rest after "-who I-", finishing with "-am..." on a piano fermata.

There were two knocks on the bathroom door, petrifying Vincent in fear. It's only Sebastian, he said to calm down. Vincent turned off the water and grabbed his towel. After thoroughly drying himself he opened the door, revealing Joey. Vincent froze on the spot. The embarassment he felt surpassed any other he had felt before. There he stood, with a towel draping the bottom half of his body like a skirt, just having belted out an emotional song, in front of a boy he met earlier that day.

"C-can I help you?" Vincent managed to say.

--------------------

Banner by Liquefy
+Quote Post

LittleShadowPoke...
post Sep 9 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #20

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Sweet Team

"C-can I help you?" Joey heard Vincent say. He was wearing a towel about his waist, which Joey didn't pay attention to in the slightest. He looked as if he were talking to Vincent while he was fully clothed. Claw was becoming drowsy; Joey could feel it.

"Thank you for inviting me in and serving me dinner, but nightfall is upon us and I'm going to take my leave. I trust that, in the morning, you'll want to depart? If so, I'll meet up with you outside the PokeRental. If not, I understand and I wish you luck on your own journey, whenever you pursue it." Joey related his decision to the freshly dried Vincent, who managed to retain his incredulous look. Joey remained detached from the immediate "now".

Turning abruptly, he walked away down the hall he came, leaving Vincent to his whatever-emotion-attack. Joey figured he would join up with him, but if not, he'll find his own way. Contemplating what Vincent probably wanted, Joey couldn't shake it. Seriously? Stay in one place the rest of his life when a world to explore lies before them? Pass up greatness? Joey could only pray that Vincent unlocks some courage, or possibly his fear turns into one of fear of abandonment. Only time would tell, he pondered as he stroked his Pidgey.

Joey continued out of the house, avoiding Sebastian, and walked out onto the street. He recalled his Pidgey to its pokeball, and took in the perimeter. This late in the evening, and most inns would be booked. But some of the lesser expensive ones should be open, plus a lot of the inns hovered around port towns like Barley. He walked down the street, looking at the different inns, and their respective unlit "vacancy" signs.

After a few blocks, and right before he was about to give up and curl up in an alleyway, he saw a questionable inn that had rooms available. He wearily checked himself in and parted with what little money he had. At least he had a bed. He didn't much like sleeping on the streets. A thought lingered in the back of his mind, But what's on those beds? which he pushed away as quickly as he had thought it. Rich people could afford to be picky.

Dropping his stuff near the door, he changed into his new pajamas (enjoying his only "luxury") and promptly collapsed on the bed. He was nursing a headache, but for once he was going to bed full and quenched, a new experience. He hugged the pillow and scooted under the covers. Before he could even think to stop it, he drifted off to sleep. It was more restful than he was accustomed to. He didn't wake up every hour in fits, and the dream that came to him that night was serene...

This post has been edited by LittleShadowPokemon: Feb 18 2010, 12:00 AM

--------------------
Me (click to show)

PANE (click to show)

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

2 Pages V   1 2 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 18th April 2024 - 01:57 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.