Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
3 Pages V   1 2 3 >  
Closed TopicStart new topic
Amongst the coming of a Storm, Anyone can join (Preferably semi-experienced ones) ...Please? :<
Ceilni
post Jul 8 2009, 02:45 PM
Post #1

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 38 624

Travelers (RP Team)

In the woods to the west of Arasam, a storm came in. The rain pelted her dark purple tent gently, for the moment at least. The storm went from a gentle shower to thundering buckets of rain which didn't cease to pour itself onto her tent until at least the flat rock which was under the tent (The stakes being in the surrounding grass of the rock) would squish gently with water. The clouds tended to vary from a deep gray to a threatening black and dark gray which cried it's sorrow upon those unfortunate enough to be below it.

Darci lay upon the floor of the rather spacious tent. She was thankful Tyler had packed a compact yet large tent which could comfortably fit her and her pokemon without too much weight once packed up again. However, she wasn't going to be climbing or hiking with that in her large sling bag, that was for sure. She rolled over again, the water under the went making a light slosh sound under her. She smiled weakly, thankful that the water wouldn't soak through.

Quite a scare, she had received, when she was running through the woods trying to find a place to set up the tent before it rained when suddenly, as she turned pushed through a bush, an Ekans jumped at her. Darci shuddered and winced remembering that she had tried to battle it, which had resulted in Kaito and Maxwell being poisoned. She had cured them both with her only two antidotes when the Ekans charged at her, biting her forearm. Victor, being the protective hoothoot it was, used Swift and managed to temporarily stun the Ekans while Kaito, Maxwell, Darci, and he escaped.

"Ow..." she said, looking down at the bandages she had wrapped around her forearm. It was still quite painful and seemed to tingle every once in a while.

"Tor...?" Kaito chirped, concerned. It turned to Maxwell who mumbled it's name unhappily. As they both turned to Victor, it turned it's head.

"Hoo!" It looked away from them. Darci turned towards them and laughed.

"Don't worry. I'm fine. Ekans has poison, but only when it matures. Besides, the poison is very weak. It's the Arbok we would need to worry... about..." She trailed off, sitting up. Being frail, she was pale, but she had to notice she was paler then usual. "Ugh. Oi vey." She sighed. She knew she was going to be just fine, just needed some sleep, but she couldn't sleep. She was too troubled to sleep. The thing that troubled her was the thought that the storm would last for quite a while more, at the very least. Even more so, the thought that someone might be caught in the rain. With that thought in mind, she started to scramble around the tent, getting the other side of the tent ready for someone, just in case. Besides, she wouldn't like to be stuck in the rain.

Reference (click to show)

This post has been edited by TR Darci Niguel: Jul 8 2009, 05:20 PM

--------------------

Ahem... Er... Click please? I'll really try to click back. But you know how many of those there can be...
Current RP: Risen to Recovery

Banner Made By: Red Kitten

Cards & Stuff (click to show)

ClAiMz (click to show)

adoptables (click to show)

Check my current status below! grin.gif

QUOTE(cleek)
current Status (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 9 2009, 09:19 PM
Post #2

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 40 195

A-Team

Syko did not have a very good plan to become a Pokemon Master. He had left his home in Arasam about an hour ago with a back pack and a meager supply of Pokemon training paraphernalia. He figured a good first step to becoming a Pokémon Master was to actually catch a Pokémon. He already had Flare, the Charmander, and Fissure, the Geodude, but they were given to him, so they didn’t count. He decided to go to the nearby forest to train Fissure and Flare and hunt for a new Pokémon for him to capture.
Halfway into Syko’s stroll to the woods, a light drizzle of rain began to fall from the sky. Slowly, this pleasant shower grew into a storm that would rival a hurricane. Normally, Syko loved the rain. He couldn’t get enough of it. When it felt like hail on his skin and it was coupled with blistering winds, he didn’t love it quite as much. Luckily he was already fairly close to the forest. With the woods in sight, Syko sprinted to the shelter of the trees. He had a minor stumble that rewarded him with a face full of wet soil and grass, but he quickly recovered and finally reached the woods. He slowed his pace and recommenced with his strolling. The wind and rain was still somewhat harsh, but it was much less painful with the surrounding trees to partially shield Syko. He wondered if any Pokémon would show up with the weather like this. As he continued to walk deeper into the woods, Syko came upon a large purple tent. Syko approached it and tapped on the side of the tent.
“Knock knock!” He said, “Anyone home?”

--------------------
You Scratch My Back, I'll Feed Your Pokemon Berries and/or Warm Your Eggs!

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 9 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #3

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Darci had just finished laying out a very thin blanket in place of a mattress. She sighed contently.

"There we go." She smiled happily and laid down, her arm starting to sting painfully. She moaned words that came from a very colorful vocabulary and rolled over, watching as Victor, Kaito, and Maxwell looked over, concerned.

"Hoo?" Darci shook her head, hearing the soft swishes of her jet black hair rubbing against the tent floor.

"I'm fine..." She rolled over away from them. "I hope..." She closed her eyes and rested, not sleeping since the worry of another person caught in the storm was very... unsettling. She jumped, very startled when she heard sloshing footsteps outside her tent. She quickly sat up while Victor pecked light against the side of the tent, curious.

"Hoo.."

"Hello? Is something there?" She mentally smacked herself for saying something instead of someone. She waited for a moment, but realized her voice was probably drowned by the sound of the violent rain. She gave a very unsettled frown and laid back down, only to jump again when there was a knocking on her tent. "W-Wha!?" she whispered to herself, startled again.

"Knock Knock! Anyone home?"

She quickly crept to the tent door and unzipping it, flinging it open. She stared at the boy for a moment, taking in his attractive features. His short black hair and forest green eyes and his aloof appearance.

"Uh Cuh..." She stuttered for a moment but quickly recovered. "Oh my god! You're soaked to the bone! What are you doing out there! Come in!" She quickly invited them in, not asking about them because she wanted them inside, out of the tormenting rain. She scooted back and muffled an unhealthy cough with her bandaged left forearm, wincing after realizing what she did. She quickly watched for them to enter while getting a towel from her bag, fully intending to hand it to him to dry his hair with once he was in.

--------------------

Ahem... Er... Click please? I'll really try to click back. But you know how many of those there can be...

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 9 2009, 09:46 PM
Post #4

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

<<Ignore. Accidental double post>>

This post has been edited by TR Darci Niguel: Jul 9 2009, 09:49 PM

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 9 2009, 09:47 PM
Post #5

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

<<Ignore the double post, i'm not sure why it did that.. O_O>>

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 9 2009, 10:18 PM
Post #6

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

Syko’s greeting was answered by a girl with long dark hair and pale skin. He examined her for a second, before having his thoughts interrupted as the girl uttered a eloquent “Uh Cuh…” She suddenly began chastised him about being in the rain brought him into the tent. As she fussed about, the reminded him of his mother for a moment, but he quickly changed his mind. His mother was far less uptight than this girl, and she worried far less about him. Syko found her attitude partially distressing and partially humorous. Syko chuckled to himself.

“Don’t worry about me,” he said “I love the rain. Although it was getting a bit cold out there… But I’ve been through worse.” He had a quick flash back to when his parents had left him outside in the backyard all night and it began to snow. Luckily, Flare had been there to warm him up. The girl coughed and brought him out of his flash back. He noticed her bandaged arm. He also realized there were Pokémon in the tent for the first time as well.

“My name is…” He paused, “Syko, by the way. May I ask yours?” He held out his hand and gave his toothy grin.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 9 2009, 10:34 PM
Post #7

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Darci set the towel in front of him, giving him a choice to take it. She then smiled brightly and took his hand, shaking it gently.

"Sorry about the fussing, it's just i haven't seen anyone else in days and well, the storms about to get worse." She sighed, irritated by the thought of rain frightening the pokemon. She placed her hand in her lap. "I'm Darci. Darci Y. Niguel." She then gestured to the pokemon behind her. "This is Kaito..."

"Tor!!" Kaito scampered behind her, much to her disappointment.

"Maxwell..." Turtwig scuttled up near Syko and sat down, waving it's stubbly legs happily at him before toppling over and wobbling on the shell on it's back, feet in the air.

"Turt!"

"And Victor." Victor just turned away, obviously disliking the visitor. Not that it mattered much. Victor always disliked most people. "Pleased to meet you. I hope you don't mind me asking, but what were you doing out there in the storm?" She asked, cradling her arm close to her and taking a deep breath. "Forgive me if i am being too nosy."

This post has been edited by TR Darci Niguel: Jul 10 2009, 04:03 PM

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 9 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

Syko grabbed the towel in front of him and carelessly rubbed it on his head.

“Nice to meet you Darci. It is equally nice to meet Kaito, Maxwell, and Victor.” Scratching Maxwell’s belly then setting him upright.

“Allow me to introduce you to my Pokémon.” Syko tossed two Pokeballs and from them emerged Flare and Fissure. Flare stretched, yawned, then scratched his head. He gazed up at Darci then to the other Pokémon around him. He began to walk towards Darci, but Fissure grabbed his tail and dragged him back.

“The overcautious Geodude would be Fissure. He has been protecting me for as long as I can remember. The friendly little Charmander over there is Flare, he has been my best friend since I was a baby.” Syko grinned at the memories of the trio’s adventures.

“Anyway, the three of us are on a journey to capture and train the most powerful Pokémon and eventually allow me to become a Pokémon Master. I have a ways to go though… I haven’t actually captured a Pokémon yet. That’s why I was here, looking for Pokémon to capture and to train Fissure and Flare.”

“Char!” Yelped Flare excitedly.

“If you don’t mind me asking, what are you doing here?” asked Syko.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 9 2009, 11:45 PM
Post #9

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Turtwig wiggled happily and then scuttled to Syko's side, laying down next to him, on it's stomach of course. Darci smiled happily.

"Pleased to meet you." She said to the Flame and Fissure. She listened to their, obviously not to carefully planned, reason to be out. She didn't care anyway.

"Hoo." Victor hooted from the corner, jumping up onto her leg as she sat cross legged.

"She thought for a moment. Well... Mostly because i love traveling... And i was hoping to meet my Brother in Arasam. I've also been training for Gyms and Contests, really. I was out here looking for something to capture and train too, but i guess the storm got here before i could catch something. However, it didn't come in time for something to almost catch me!" She laughed, coughing almost violently in the middle of her laughter. While coughing, she had turned away. She turned back. She raised her bandaged arm. "As you can see!" She smiled at him, showing, she was in no way, worried.

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 10 2009, 10:53 PM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

“I am from Arasam. Perhaps, if I can catch a Pokémon, I will help you find your brother. Maybe we could catch some Pokémon and train together for a bit first. That is if this storm ever clears up. I wonder if I know your brother. I wasn’t on the friendliest of terms with too many of the people in Arasam. I always preferred to spend time with Pokémon.” Syko almost drifted off to yet another childhood memory, but stopped himself. He has had more than enough flashbacks for today.

“So what exactly happened to your arm? Were you attacked or something? Are you alright? You seem to be coughing quite a lot.” he said. He began to think. Something caught her? What exactly caught her? Perhaps some sort of giant man-eating Pokémon. He had heard of Ursaring and Mightyena attacks happening in these woods. Possibly Syko was letting his imagination run away with him, like usual. For all he knew, she could have tripped on a Ledyba. Syko looked down at Victor. Was it just him, or was that Hoothoot glaring at him?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 10 2009, 11:07 PM
Post #11

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

"That would be great! I don't know that you'd know him though... His name is Victor. I named Hoothoot after my brother. He's a Doctor." She thought for a moment how to put it. "Well... I was wandering around trying to find a place to set up a tent before the rains came so hopefully, if it did it quickly, i could run around a bit more before turning in for the night, not that i sleep much anyway. Well, anyway, i was wandering around and when a parted some bushes and an Ekans attacked me, Maxwell, and Kaito! Er... I think it was an Ekans anyway... It poisoned Maxwell and Kaito, so i used my antidotes on them. When i was doing so it jumped at me, completely catching me off guard, and it bit me! Victor here, my little guardian, used Swift to distract it as we all made a swift, no pun intended, escape. The coughing, well... uh... i dunno!" She smiled, setting her arm on left hand on her lap. In her mind she went over the attack, trying to remember if it was an Ekans or an Arbok. She could have sworn it was an Ekans, but with her memory, she might as well see a gravler and recall a Onix.

"Hoo..." Victor hooted offensively. Darci made a face and used one finger on her right hand to jab at the bottom of Victor's beak. Since Victor sat on her right shoulder, it was quite easy to poke him repeatedly in the same spot, causing the pokemon's head to bob back with each jab.

"Oh, can it. It's not like he's gonna beat me over the head with his geodude. Get friendly already." She scolded, annoyed. The pokemon cautiously jumped towards Syko, hopping once towards him before staring at him, directly at him with the unnerving gaze most Hoothoot had. It didn't move, it just continued to stare.

This post has been edited by TR Darci Niguel: Jul 10 2009, 11:09 PM

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 10 2009, 11:49 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

“Oh, a doctor… Well I definitely don’t know him. My parents believed that doctors were cold hearted thieves that had no idea what they were doing. My parents would much rather tend to any of our medical needs themselves. I have nothing against doctors myself, I am sure your brother is wonderful at what he does, but I never needed one. I have a pretty strong immune system, and I can treat most injuries I get on my own. So unfortunately, I don’t know Victor. As for the Ekans bite, my father owned an Arbok that I enjoyed to bother as a young boy. They kept a large quantity of antidotes, just in case it lost its temper and poisoned me. It was his favorite Pokémon. I am pretty sure he told me that Arbok’s poison is more potent than an Ekans’s. I think he said that most Ekans poison usually won’t have much of an effect on people, unless it’s a high level. So you should be ok if you ran into an Ekans. If it gets worse, or you start to feel weak, well… let’s be thankful that your brother is a doctor.” Syko chuckled somewhat nervously. He wasn’t sure how well he could take care of another person if they were injured. There really wasn’t anything to worry about though. She probably would be fine… hopefully.

Syko stopped his nervous breakdown to observe Victor and Darci. Victor almost reminded Syko of Fissure, although Fissure is far shyer. Syko found Victor’s tough attitude paired with its little wobbly body to be very, very humorous. It took all of his will power not to burst out laughing when Victor unleashed his death stare on him, but Syko figured that would not improve their relationship. Suddenly Syko spotted Flare sneaking up behind Victor. Apparently he had escaped from Fissure without his notice. This was not going to be good… Flare tip toed behind Victor, and before Syko could stop him he shouted, “CHARMANDER!” at the top of his little lizard lungs. How lovely.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 10 2009, 11:58 PM
Post #13

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Darci chuckled, listening to the story.

"It seems like your parents weren't very much into other people. Sounds like my step-brother." She stuck out her tongue playfully. "Well, if it gets worse, i'll definitely give Victor a call." She thought for a moment what else to say but then she saw something out of the corner of her eye. Her backpack was shaking. "Wait-what?" She crawled to her backpack and opened it slightly.

'CHARMANDER!'

Victor whirled around and playfully jumped onto Flame. If there was one thing Victor liked, it was play-fighting, the only way to get him to get friendly. The same' CHARMANDER!' yell also sent an Eevee flying out of her backpack and hitting her directly in the face, causing her to fall backwards. She held her nose as she got up.

"What in blazes? Kaito! Scratch it!" Torchic jumped to to Scratch at the Eevee who, from the crumbs on the side of it's mouth, had been eating her food.

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 11 2009, 11:05 PM
Post #14

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

Syko was relieved to see that Victor didn't try to kill Flare. It wouldn't be the first time Flare's stupid sense of humor got into trouble, but to Syko's surprise it seemed that a little action was just what Victor needed to loosen up. Suddenly Syko saw a blur of brown fur near Darci. Darci reacted quicker than Syko, sending Kaito into battle. Syko was anxious to watch her fight, but he summoned Fissure also. Syko recognized the Pokemon as an Eevee. It had a nice shine to its coat. His mother taught him that a shiny coat meant the Pokemon was healthy and strong. It was best to have a back up in case Darci couldn't handle the wild Pokemon on her own.

"Geo geo!" Said Fissure anxiously. He wanted to get in on some of the action. Syko laughed.
"Give our new friend a chance. Alright big guy? If she needs some back up, you can go on in. Just relax."

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 12 2009, 01:40 PM
Post #15

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Kaito's scratch was dodged by the Eevee who jumped to the side, but was tripped by the towel she had left on the floor.

"Victor, Rave! Kaito, Tango!" She spewed out, what would probably sound like non-sense but the pokemon reacted. Victor immediately jumped away from flare and Pecked the Eevee, causing the little pokemon to roll backwards into the tent wall. Victor's peck was obviously vicious since the Eevee has rolled quite violently. Kaito jumped to use another Scratch attack when the Eevee jumped up and tackled Kaito into the tent floor.

"Tor!" Torchic tumbled into Darci's backpack. Darci turned to Syko and nodded, hoping he would get the point of a 'double strike'. Or as she liked to call it, a 'Double Melody', being the music fan she was.

"Victor, Wing Attack!" Victor jumped forwards, wing glowing brightly. The Eevee braced itself.

<<Tango, Rave, etc. are codes for moves if Darci wants to keep her moves a secret.>>

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 14 2009, 09:54 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

Syko hoped that the nod was a signal for "Ok, it’s time for your Pokémon to help my Pokémon win this battle”, because that is exactly what he was going to do.
“Alrighty, it’s go-time.” Syko wasn’t sure what that meant, but it was fun to say none the less.
“Fissure. Tackle.” Syko said rather sinisterly to Fissure. He barreled across the tent and hurled himself at the Eevee. The Eevee deftly jumped over the attack. Fissure stumbled, but recovered and turned to face the Eevee. The Eevee ran at Fissure.
“Defense Curl!” Syko commanded. Fissure rolled up just in time to deflect a tackle from the Eevee.
“Hold your ground Fissure! Flare, get in there! Metal Claw!” Syko was getting in the zone. Flare jumped up as its claws became silver and hard as steel. The Eevee, who was preoccupied trying to break Fissure defense, didn’t notice the attack until it was too late. The brutal attack hit Eevee directly. The Pokémon responded with a quick recovery and an equally quick tackle. Flare was knocked back a few feet. This was one tough Eevee. It turned to Fissure and used Tail Whip to break through Fissure’s defense curl. The Eevee was poised to attack, but stopped and turned towards Victor. He saw the wings begin to glow and braced itself.

This post has been edited by Syko: Jul 14 2009, 09:55 PM

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 14 2009, 10:33 PM
Post #17

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Victor's Wing Attack connected harshly, the Eevee tumbling a fair distance before shakily getting back up.

"Eee..." The Eevee steadied itself and launched a Quick Attack at Victor. Victor jumped out of the way but Kaito was Hit by the Quick attack since he was standing behind Victor.

"Tooor!" Kaito was knocked back into Darci's knee. Darci growled.

"Take a break Kaito! Maxwell! Use Bite and Victor use Peck!"

"Turt!" Maxwell shot out from behind her and jumped at the Eevee who tried to dodge but was bitten. The Eevee wailed and Victor jumped towards it, using a peck to cause the Eevee to hit the ground. Maxwell let go and Darci smiled. She practically stabbed her hand into her backpack and grabbed out a pokeball, several other pokeballs tumbling out to roll across the tent floor.

"Chain it!" She yelled, the pokeball hitting the Eevee as it lay on the ground. It slowly melted away into a red form and was sucked into the pokeball. It shook. Darci kept her eyes on the pokeball as the Eevee stuggled inside it.

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Syko
post Jul 14 2009, 10:58 PM
Post #18

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

A-Team

Syko watched as the Pokéball shook. He had never seen a Pokémon being captured. His Pokémon moved in slowly on the Pokéball, getting ready if it didn’t work. Syko hoped it would. Syko glanced at Darci’s face. He could tell how nervous, yet exited she was about the capturing of this Pokémon. She had plenty of Pokéballs to use if this one failed, as Syko could see. Syko heard something outside of the tent, but dismissed it as rain and returned his attention to the Pokéball. How long could this take? How would he know when it was captured?

“Good job!” Syko said to Fissure and Flare, but the compliment wasn't very enthusiastic. The three of them knew it might not be over, so they didn’t count it as a victory just yet. His parents always told him not to count his Torchics before they hatch. It was a proverb. Syko loved proverbs. They helped him to live his life. A rolling Geodude gathers no moss. A Pidgey in the Pokéball, is worth two in the bush. You can’t teach an old Poochyena new tricks. Syko pinched himself for zoning out again. He regained his focus on the battle at hand.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Ceilni
post Jul 14 2009, 11:28 PM
Post #19

SUMMER! FINALLY!
Group Icon

Travelers (RP Team)

Darci watched intently with wide eyes as it tottered. After what seemed to be an eternity, it stopped and the middle button calmed it's glow. Darci grabbed it and threw it up into the air, letting it land in her hand again.

"Whoo! I got an Eevee!" She stared at the pokeball. "I'm gonna name you..." She stopped and stared at it blankly for a moment.

"Turtwig!" Maxwell scuttled back over to it's spot next to Skyo. Victor silently made it's way to the corner of the tent, sitting down and eventually, falling onto it's side, resting. After a silent minute, Darci had her brilliant epiphany.

"I'll name you after my Step-Brother!" She exclaimed. "Your name is Vincent!" She annouced, happily. She turned towards Syko and smiled warmly, her jet black hair sliding over the left side of her face. "Thank you very much Syko." She thanked him. Setting the pokeball in her backpack, she turned towards him. Her face then became blank.

"Uhh... What were we talking about again?" Just as she finished talking, the rain got harder, making nearly deafening noises as it battered her tent. She looked up at the tent ceiling in displeasure.

This post has been edited by TR Darci Niguel: Jul 16 2009, 10:32 PM

--------------------

ClAiMz (click to show)

QUOTE(cleek)
+Quote Post

Red Kitten
post Jul 16 2009, 08:48 PM
Post #20

FUBAR.
Group Icon

Member No.: 44 281

DC's Team (PANE)

((Hope you guys don't mind if I join in.))

DC ran through the woods at full speed, heart pounding in her throat from the vigorous exercise. The rain had already completely soaked through her hair and clothes, both of which were practically plastered to her body at this point. Her sneakers too had been drenched. There were cold puddles on the insides that squelched in protest every time DC's feet hit the ground, and DC was sure she could feel a blister coming on. The sneakers themselves had gone from clean and white to a lovely shade of brown as a result of the muddy forest floor.

She knew she was close to her destination, judging by her map. Arasam should just be an hour or so away, maybe a little less if she ran fast enough. DC had come all the way from Johto a few weeks ago after receiving an invitation to stay with her aunt and uncle in Arasam. She planned to do plenty of exploring now that she was in Furoh, but her aunt had insisted that DC should come and check in with them before she set off on any adventures. So the moment her ferry arrived at Barley, DC set off in the direction or Arasam, although she did cast a longing gaze at the ferry that was leaving for Fidona as she walked away. By sticking mostly to the roads, sleeping overnight in Pokecenters, and the occasional use of hitchhiking, DC had nearly made it to her aunt and uncle. She was so close she could almost taste it, and she wasn't about to let anything stop her. "Especially a little rain," DC thought out loud, quickening her pace as if to prove it.

But as always, the world was prepared to place another challenge in front of DC. There was a particularly deep patch of mud several meters ahead. DC was blissfully unaware of this, and proceeded to plow right through it, her feet instantly sinking into the ground. In an attempt to get unstuck, DC worked her legs furiously, only to move forward into even deeper mud, until the earth had just about swallowed her feet. The mud's hold was much stronger than she expected, and before she knew it, DC had twisted her ankle in several directions it wasn't supposed to go and fallen flat on her face. The violence of her body colliding with the ground caused DC's two Pokeballs to pop off her belt and open with a flash of red light.

"Char!"

"Pi-pi-pidgey!"

The two Pokemon were not greeted by their smiling trainer or a foe Pokemon like usual. Instead they were met by sheets of cold rain pelting their tiny bodies. DC cried out in horror, ignoring her pain, and lunged forward to protect the Charmander, scraping her shin on a small but pointy root as she did so. She snatched the creature and shielded it from the water with her body as it trembled underneath her with wild eyes. DC inched forward on her knees, using the arm that wasn't currently cradling the Charmander to pull herself forward, until she reached a Pokeball and recalled the little orange lizard. After breathing a sigh of relief that her Charmander was no longer in danger of its tail being put out, she reached for the second Pokeball for her disgruntled Pidgey.

"No offense," DC told the little bird as she recalled it, "but you aren't exactly in danger of dying from a little rain, unlike certain Pokemon. I'm not playing favorites, honest." She clipped the balls back to her belt and started to stand up, but faltered after a jolt of pain radiated through her ankle and up her leg. The girl cursed vehemently and looked down at her throbbing foot. It appeared to be sprained, and to make matters worse there was blood dribbling down her shin. DC cursed again.

"How the hell am I supposed to make it to Arasam now?" She took a deep breath, trying to calm herself. It was then that she noticed a dark purple tent a little ways away from her. "If I can just make it there, maybe someone can help me." She struggled painfully to her feet and limped along until she finally reached the tent.

"Well, this is just awkward," muttered DC under her breath. She was drenched and covered in mud, looking like an absolute mess as she prepared to beg some total stranger to let her take shelter in their tent. "Well, here goes." DC swallowed her pride and gave a little rap on the tent with her fist. "Hello? Is there anyone in there? Can I come in and get out of the rain?..."

--------------------

Click my Pokemon please? <3

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

3 Pages V   1 2 3 >
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 29th March 2024 - 12:33 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.