Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Closed TopicStart new topic
A guide to mass-clicking!, FireFox, Opera, Safari (Opera 11 update)
Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 08:03 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

Something everyone asks me: How the hell do you click so fast?

Well, to save the hassle of repeating myself 10 - 20 times over, here's how I do it:

A GUIDE TO MASS-CLICKING!

(Post here if you have something to add. Cheers!)

Notes:

*If you're using an older computer, or you use Google chrome, you should read this topic written by RAAAAAAAGGGGGGGEEEEEEE (outdated, but you still might find it useful). Some of the tricks I use aren't friendly with all machines or browsers, so please make sure you read this before you ask me to add something to this thread. (If you're a Chrome expert, feel free to post a how to use guide here if you want it displayed)

Anyways, I've decided to make a re-vamp of my old clicking guide. I've tested various new methods of clicking since I last posted my old guide, so I'll be sharing a few of those, too. I will update this thread with more add-ons, new versions of existing add-ons and other miscellaneous information that may help if anything else pops up. My GPX journal and the topic description will be changed if necessary.

To begin, you'll need:

*FireFox/Opera/Safari (I use version 3.7 of FireFox, if that helps. As for Opera, I use version 11; Safari, I don't use)

Browser downloads:

FireFox 3.5
Opera 10.60
Safari 5

Your browser will update automatically if it is outdated. Otherwise, Google is your friend. wink.gif

CONTENTS

(A list of what this thread contains - in their respective order. Thread updates will now be posted under the title)

Page 1

FireFox
Opera
Safari
Tips to maintain focus

Page 2

Miscellaneous
Bugs/errors
Computer settings (FireFox/Opera)

FireFox

FireFox guide (click to show)

Opera

Opera guide (click to show)

Safari

Safari guide (click to show)

~~~

Ok, that's it for the browser set-ups and information; the rest is up to you now. But I'll leave you with some extra tips to maintain your focus whilst mass-clicking:

Some extra tips to keep you focused!

The one thing the add-ons and info won't help you do is focus! Usually, after an hour or two of clicking, you'll get to the stage where you can't be bothered. Here's what I do to stay focused and aim for higher numbers like 30k:

*Every hour, take a break. If you still feel like browsing the net, go on a forum, or do something else on the net to give you a bit of a break from clicking. Not only will you be motivated to click solidly when you get back to it, you'll also have a lot more people to click on the online list than before. Chances are you'll run out in a couple of hours if you're a super-fast clicker like me.

*Take regular coffee/tea breaks. A hot drink will help you relax and clear your mind. It's no good depriving yourself of the small luxuries in exchange for 2 extra minutes of clicking.

*Always have music playing. (I personally love metal/hard rock and electro/techno, if that helps. =P) Music will keep you upbeat and make you want to keep clicking. Fast-paced music is generally the best, but it's up to preference more than anything.

*Have another program like MSN running. Even if you only have one convo going, you're still breaking your interwebz day up a little bit whilst clicking. Plus, it's not hard to talk and speed-click simultaneously.

This post has been edited by Matt Cat: Jun 3 2011, 12:43 AM
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:11 AM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

Miscellaneous

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Bugs/errors

Bugs and errors (click to show)

Computer settings

Computer settings (click to show)

~~~

Ok - that's all I have for now. Any additional info/add-ons as well as feedback is much appreciated.

Happy mass-clicking, guys!

This post has been edited by Gambrinous Antiscian: Dec 18 2010, 07:00 PM
+Quote Post

Antarid Thrasher
post Jan 16 2010, 09:15 AM
Post #3

..with a Upper Case T and Stress on H
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 17 224

My Team

Question:

Is There a Higher Version of Firefox?

--------------------

Battle Facilities (click to show)

Links to click (click to show)

Check it out wink.gif
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:16 AM
Post #4

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

*Snaplinks URL has been changed due to an annoyance with the older one.
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:17 AM
Post #5

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Antarid @ Jan 17 2010, 01:15 AM) *
Question:

Is There a Higher Version of Firefox?

There's version 3.6; however, I'm content with 3.5 at this stage.

The add-ons should still work if you decide to go with 3.6 > 3.5
+Quote Post

Antarid Thrasher
post Jan 16 2010, 09:25 AM
Post #6

..with a Upper Case T and Stress on H
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 224

My Team

Thanks At. I'll try 3.6!

--------------------

Battle Facilities (click to show)

Links to click (click to show)

Check it out wink.gif
+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 16 2010, 09:29 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 67 377

My Girl Crew

I can verify that Firefox 3.6 works fine with the add-ons.

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:30 AM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

I added a download link to FireFox 3.6.
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jan 16 2010, 09:31 AM
Post #9

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

QUOTE(cuty 93 @ Jan 16 2010, 09:03 AM) *
Question:

How many tabs do you tend to open at any one time from the Users Online List?

You should note that not everyone's computer will be able to handle the same amount. I personally go with 30-40 when mass clicking though there's some who will go as high as 100. (parties that is)

This post has been edited by Izzy Swagg: Jan 16 2010, 09:32 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 16 2010, 09:37 AM
Post #10

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

Question:

Disabling images - does this mean that in the shelter I won't be able to see anything? Or will I only be able to see hatched Pokémon?

--------------------

These eggs images are all those of my brother. I am on temporary hiatus (on the main site), but still use the forums. I wanted to put my signature to good use.

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:41 AM
Post #11

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(cuty 93 @ Jan 17 2010, 01:37 AM) *
Question:

Disabling images - does this mean that in the shelter I won't be able to see anything? Or will I only be able to see hatched Pokémon?

You won't be able to see anything in the shelter and you won't be able to read the egg descriptions in the lab.

You also won't be able to see anything in your walker, daycare or PC and you won't be able to withdraw or deposit anything into them until you turn the images back on.

This post has been edited by Arceus thrasher: Jan 16 2010, 09:41 AM
+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 16 2010, 09:45 AM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Jan 16 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Question:

You won't be able to see anything in the shelter and you won't be able to read the egg descriptions in the lab.

You also won't be able to see anything in your walker, daycare or PC and you won't be able to withdraw or deposit anything into them until you turn the images back on.

What about berries?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #13

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(cuty 93 @ Jan 17 2010, 01:45 AM) *
QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Jan 16 2010, 02:41 PM) *
Question:

What about berries?

You can still click berries, but they'll appear as text instead.
+Quote Post

Sussie
post Jan 16 2010, 09:46 AM
Post #14

TippyToes McWhisperson
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 493

I herd u leik me

Question:

When I started clicking I just used Snaplinks to open the Party. But now that new feature is there, which allows you to open everything at once. I sometimes lagged using snaplinks/multilinks so I thought it's a bit faster with that new thing.
Did you try both clicking methods and found one to be faster?

--------------------

+Quote Post

Iconox
post Jan 16 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #15

Romantic Misanthropist
Group Icon

Member No.: 34 260

Legend League

Wow, great advice! Thanks for the links/help, Arceus Thrasher!

--------------------

+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:48 AM
Post #16

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sussie @ Jan 17 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Question:

When I started clicking I just used Snaplinks to open the Party. But now that new feature is there, which allows you to open everything at once. I sometimes lagged using snaplinks/multilinks so I thought it's a bit faster with that new thing.

I use multi-links > snaplinks, and I've tried both methods. I prefer to use multi-links > the new thing.

I don't have any page lag on my computer, unless the site is lagging.
+Quote Post

Kazz
post Jan 16 2010, 09:50 AM
Post #17

Elite Four
Group Icon

Member No.: 32 330

Active Squad

QUOTE(Arceus thrasher @ Jan 16 2010, 09:48 AM) *
QUOTE(Sussie @ Jan 17 2010, 01:46 AM) *
Question:

I use multi-links > snaplinks, and I've tried both methods. I prefer to use multi-links > the new thing.

I don't have any page lag on my computer, unless the site is lagging.

I don't think they meant the page itself. I've had snaplinks lag on me as well but the actual page was fine. Because of the contest in place I many times accidentally snaplink the place holder egg so I'll sometimes speed through the parties hitting the "open all" link and ctrl+w.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Jan 16 2010, 09:54 AM
Post #18

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Izzy Swagg @ Jan 17 2010, 01:50 AM) *
I don't think they meant the page itself. I've had snaplinks lag on me as well but the actual page was fine. Because of the contest in place I many times accidentally snaplink the place holder egg so I'll sometimes speed through the parties hitting the "open all" link and ctrl+w.

Ah.

Yeah, it has done that to me on the rare occasion. I usually draw a box back and forth to begin with to see if I get the green square to appear immediately. If it doesn't, I hold the mouse button and move the cursor back to where I started from, then try again. Once the first box is drawn, the rest are a piece of cake. happy.gif
+Quote Post

Spades Slick
post Jan 16 2010, 09:58 AM
Post #19

I think you underestimate the depth of my pettiness
Group Icon

Member No.: 57 762

bluh bluh huge bitch

For some people (*coughmecough*), disabling images in Firefox does not result in their alternate-text being displayed. One way around that is the ImgLikeOpera extension. It has a few features for tweaking how Firefox deals with broken/missing images, but for speed's sake we'll focus on disabling images around the site:

The big ones are the site layout, the egg and Pokemon images, and the berries. Go to the "Filter" tab and add three new filter rules:

CODE
http://gpxplus.net/files/img/*
http://gpxplus.net/files/layout/*
http://gpxplus.net/files/images/berries/*

Set the filter level to [4] (Don't Load Images). Now, when new tabs are loaded, not only will all of the images not load with them, but the berry images will be replaced by their Alt Texts, which display the identity of the berry and, more importantly, allow you to click them and boost your interaction rates. Best of all, if you position your mouse just right, you can click the "Warm The Egg" button and the Chesto Berry without needing to move the mouse, saving that little bit of time too :3

When you're done, you can restore all the filters to level [1] (Load All Images). Note that I've defined three different filter rules; you can always filter out all the images from the site by using one rule (http://gpxplus.net/*), but the three I've defined allow you to see the Lab eggs and their descriptions, convenient if you end up mass-hatching and want to refresh your stock with specific Pokemon from the Lab.

This post has been edited by Ghost of Starscream: Jan 16 2010, 10:15 AM

--------------------
[align=center]add me for daily clicks [735/1000]

~:* I love my wife Jen *:~
|

READ THE HELP PAGE OR I WILL STAB YOU

WiiU: drgdgrana (Sm4sh) | 3DS: 1204-0469-8787 | PSN: ghostscreamer[/align]
+Quote Post

Akina
post Jan 16 2010, 10:08 AM
Post #20

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

My Girl Crew

Okay then. Another Question:

If I want to use the 'Open All Pokémon in New Windows' option provided by GPXplus. how do I change my Firefox settings, so that when I press that, the page remains on the party page and not the last tab opened?

--------------------

+Quote Post

28 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Closed TopicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 02:52 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.