Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Football Cleats, (Soccer for fellow Americans, who are thick headed)
Roscoes Wetsuit
post Mar 5 2011, 05:54 PM
Post #1

Because The Internet
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 104 202

Favorites

Today I just got Cristiano Ronaldo's cleats, nearly exactly the same, green and all, except with out the custom sole plate. Except not for the usual $240, but for an amazing $110! What cleats do you other peoples have?

--------------------
Roscoe's Wetsuit (click to show)
Credit (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 5 2011, 06:31 PM
Post #2

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

sir i am offended, football is not soccer

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Corrosion
post Mar 5 2011, 07:36 PM
Post #3

I think I just ate a chicken bone.
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 71 850

HG Party

"Football" in all most places out side of the stupid, darned U.S.A. is "Soccer" It makes more sense that way. They could of course call it "Faceball", but feet are the more common method of getting the ball into the goal.

Anyways, I have a pair of softball cleats, which are sitting in the back of dad's car trunk.

This post has been edited by Phoenix Rising: Mar 5 2011, 07:36 PM

--------------------
Why do n00bs exist? Find out by pressing Ctrl+W!
Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

Roscoes Wetsuit
post Mar 5 2011, 08:25 PM
Post #4

Because The Internet
Group Icon

Favorites

QUOTE(Mercenary Raven @ Mar 5 2011, 03:31 PM) *
sir i am offended, football is not soccer

I am offended, by the obvious fact that a retard came into here, so if you have only idiotic things to say, then please refrain from entering this topic. Thank you.

@Phoenix: I've never been a fan of softball or Baseball, but I've never really been good at throwing, catching, or hitting, so that might be a big reason. However, I a lot of my good friends play Baseball and Softball.

--------------------
Credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

Spokesman
post Mar 5 2011, 08:35 PM
Post #5

I see you fantasy, you wanna make it a reality paved in gold
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 684

Living Things

I got a nice pair of Adidas Predators for $50 a few years ago. They're worn down now, and I'm going to go shopping before my spring soccer season and get some new ones.

--------------------
Came back on a whim because I saw something that reminded me of here. If you remember me, hit me up on Discord CHR|Flygon#8505 and if you a real one, tell me where I frequented most on here so we can catch up like the old days.
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Mar 5 2011, 10:48 PM
Post #6

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(II Haunter II @ Mar 5 2011, 08:25 PM) *
I am offended, by the obvious fact that a retard came into here, so if you have only idiotic things to say, then please refrain from entering this topic. Thank you.

a) I will not tolerate flaming on this board. You're lucky I didn't warn you earlier for calling all Americans thickheaded; I more or less played it into a joke, which you obviously didn't catch onto.
b) You are offended yet not only did you call the people of my country -- as in, the people I hang around with and love being around and what-have-you -- thickheaded, but you called me a retard and implied I have only idiotic things to say.
c) It's a joke. Lighten up, it's the internet. Odds are, if a moderator is telling you to lighten up, you've got problems.
d) I find it very hypocritical that you're willing to call a moderator a retard (I'm not demanding you suck up to me [in fact, i frown upon it], only show the same degree of respect if not slightly less [yes, slightly less] than you would a member) but you're unwilling to call a Dragonair in your video game a "bitch." Yes, you're willing to offend humans but not pixels/data.

I'm going to let you off with a verbal on this one. If you have any further complaints, address me via PM, because your attitude and behavior are absolutely disgusting.

Good day.

Oh, my "cleets" are more athleisure stuff. They're blue pumas that look like sex incarnate, although they're falling apart a little bit. I'm not sure the exact brand though.

--------------------
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Mar 6 2011, 01:22 AM
Post #7

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 445

My faves

I have an old pair of SOCCER cleats I bought when I joined my "thick-headed American" school SOCCER team. :|

Seriously, who cares what we call it? No need to be offensive. :\

All that aside;

They're pretty cheap Nike ones I think. Black and red. Comfortable, though. I loved playing soccer. Except our coach was a jerk who didn't let me and my friend play much since we were a grade lower than most people on the team. pinch.gif

This post has been edited by Bones: Mar 6 2011, 01:30 AM

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

Roscoes Wetsuit
post Mar 6 2011, 01:43 AM
Post #8

Because The Internet
Group Icon

Favorites

Well I'm sorry I don't look at whether people are Moderators, Members, Donors, or whatever, and is it that big of deal that I insulted Americans, I mean, I'm American too, but I understand that soccer is football. Also, I did not realize it was a joke, how could i have known, seeing as I have no reference to have perceived the joke. On a last note, I just hate it when people say that, so I am sorry.

@Seven Nation: Nice, I was thinking about possibly getting those today, but I decided on the Mercurial Vapor VI

@Bones: Those sound like nice cleats, not flashy, but nice. However, I like the name that makes sense, and it bugs me too no end

--------------------
Credit (click to show)
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Mar 6 2011, 02:43 AM
Post #9

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Member No.: 55 445

My faves

QUOTE(II Haunter II @ Mar 6 2011, 01:43 AM) *
@Bones: Those sound like nice cleats, not flashy, but nice. However, I like the name that makes sense, and it bugs me too no end

TBH I always thought we called it soccer to differentiate it from Football (Super bowl, weird shaped ball football). But Football being called football doesn't make much sense either since you don't use your feet that much in it. :\
I mean, you do kick the ball, but most of it's throwing and catching.

I should probably look up the history of this jargon, but it's 2:40am and I'm tired. :0

I get where you're coming from, but that's just the lingo we grew up on. Even if it doesn't make logical sense from this standpoint there has to be a viable reason for the name changes.

And, yeah they're pretty nice. Held up pretty well against all my practicing and stuff, too. Don't think they're at all damaged. All this talk about soccer's actually gotten me in the mood to play. XD

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

Bosco
post Mar 8 2011, 05:19 PM
Post #10

BROsco
Group Icon

Member No.: 21

Current FireRed Squad

With so many offensive words out there, it's a wonder that Football vs. Soccer can be such a spirited debate.

That being said, from the American perspective, it is not really thick-headed to call Soccer, Soccer. There is no sense in arguing which name is more sensible, because it's just the way it is. Besides, I believe that "soccer" was first used in England, and although America adopted the term, it isn't really a solely American thing.

I think that's extremely off-topic though!

I personally have spent over 30 dollars on cleats. I have always been interested in buying nice cleats, but I can't bring myself to spend 70-100 dollars on cleats. Next year will likely be my last year of organized Soccer, and I will hopefully have a pretty significant role on the team. Maybe that will motivate me to buy a nice pair of cleats, but I doubt that will happen. happy.gif
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 25th April 2024 - 08:46 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.