Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Your trinket trading strategies
Tyranisaur
post Sep 29 2012, 07:17 AM
Post #1

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 47 812

Totally...useless

So I was sort of wonder what kinds of different strategies or policies users use for their trinket trading. Also how much they use the trinket market.

So to start off, I put all my duplicate trinkets on the market. The offers I accept need to match my set of criteria. Holiday trinkets have a higher value to me, because they are obviously only obtained during a limited time. Therefore I don't accept trinkets in permanent sets for my holiday trinkets. If the user offers a holiday trinket for one of my permanent trinkets, I may accept it even if it's a rarity lower. Otherwise I only accept offers that are the same rarity as my trinket, or the rarity over. And even if I already have the trinket that's being offered to me, I will accept it if I don't already have 3 or more of it. This is because getting more duplicates can be good for trading. If I have so many of the trinket that's being offered to me, that I don't see myself trading all the ones I already have, I might not accept it anyway. And in the higher rarities, I might stop accepting trinkets that I already have 2 or more of, because I also want to have duplicates of the trinket I originally had. Btw, I currently have 765 trinkets on the market, and this is before getting any trinkets from the sixth set from my pokechests. So I also check the offers frequently.

As for offering. I do that sometimes. When I do that, I go for trinkets that are of the same rarity, holiday set for holiday set, and try to find the one that the most users need among those that have the trinket up for trade. I also try to find a trinket that is possible for find by the users that are of the affinities that the trinket is available to. If I can't find any trinkets that match with this, I just end up not offering anything, even if I have duplicates that people need, but they aren't the same rarity or in a permanent set while I'm offering on a limited set trinket. So I basically try to offer trinkets based on the same criteria as I accept offers based on.

--------------------

All my stuff is viewable by everyone on my public page.
Make trinket offers faster

The Discord chat is a nice way to hang out with other users.
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Carefactorzero
post Sep 29 2012, 06:26 PM
Post #2

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 837

Active Squad

I prefer to gift my doubles to PalPad friends rather than make an offer and be forced to wait for a trade to be accepted. Even though I don't expect return gifts, a lot of them are pretty good about returning the favor, so I have little reason to use the market thanks to them. If I have Trinkets that everybody on my PalPad has, then I'll put them in the Market.

I'll accept anything I don't have, or anything I haven't got (many) duplicates of.
+Quote Post

Apple Bloom
post Sep 29 2012, 06:41 PM
Post #3

Hi am a Apple Bloom fan
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 110 919

Ponies <3333333333

For trading, I trade stuff they don't have but are duplicates and sometimes I gift ones I only have one have but I can still get another one

--------------------

Art made for me(credit for the creators) (click to show)

Awards (click to show)

Previously Sweetie Bloomaloo,Apple Bloom,Mizuhisa,Mizuki Himeji,Lucky Star 9,Kenitchi Shirihama n Mari, Birdy Seafann Artita,pallkia
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post Sep 29 2012, 06:52 PM
Post #4

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

I pretty much just make offers for things I don't have. I don't really put Trinkets on the market so much nowadays since I seem to get better results from people just accepting my offers. As far as what I put up and accept, I only put up/offer duplicates and only accept things I don't have. Doesn't matter what set it's from; if I don't have it, I'll take it. cat.gif

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Thor94
post Sep 29 2012, 07:07 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 65 180

Active Squad

my strategie is mainly based on offers.
I put only few high rarity and cool duplicates trinkets in market (>7 shinies pokemon or legendaries related for permanent set, and >4 for limited set), because i receive few offers and more rarely good offer for my trinkets (old sets and low rarity i have ever for most of them).

I prefer send offers for trinkets in market (but it's more difficult with new system because we don't know if our trinket is interesting for owner)

same as tyranisaur, i hide all trinkets with less rarity or coming from older set i have (i can accept rarer trinket coming from the direct previous permanent set, or rarely same rarity when i have not this) and i trade limited trinket only for limited trinkets (generally from same set, except for old limited trinkets i have not).

--------------------

Help my pokemons to grow up

Trinkets collected: 2624/2628
Trinket search list (PM me if you have, thks) (click to show)

Sorry if my english is not good, I am French
+Quote Post

Mars Adept Enten
post Sep 29 2012, 09:47 PM
Post #6

Certified Psychotic Isaac Fangirl and Legendary Dogs Enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 522

GS Crew

I'm not picky about offers and whatnot. I used to put every dupe I had on the Market back on old!GPX+, but now I'll use the dupes that I don't want (read: I'm not collecting them) up as offers on trinkets I do want/need. This usually means I'm missing a lot of the trinkets at or above Rarity 5.

Here's my policy on trading and such, straight from my Journal:
QUOTE(MAE's GPX+ Journal)
Trinket trading policy:
I will accept anything, and if it's a self-created one or one I can't get (read: not available to Mala), those get first priority. I also check the Trinket trading place! thread on GTS+ frequently, and post lists of what I need from each set regularly. Also, if you have any extras of trinkets I made, feel free to PalPad me and I'll do the same so we can gift each other. ;D

And my priority list goes as follows:
Self-designed and not obtainable by Mala>Self-created and obtainable by Mala>Holiday and not obtainable by Mala>Holiday and obtainable by Mala>Collecting and not available to Mala>Collecting and available to Mala>Ones I don't have not obtainable by Mala>Ones I don't have and obtainable by Mala>everything else

Regarding offers that I make for other trinkets: if I have a duplicate trinket(s) that a lot of users need, like half or more of the number, I'll usually offer those first and the ones that less users need, I'll only put up if I don't have any trinkets that don't qualify for the above criteria.

I've found that not being overly picky on rarity and affinity helps a lot in the long run. Quality standards are good when you've got a great deal of the trinkets, but if not, then don't bother with that and take what you can get.

--------------------
I'm also known as Queen_Lugia on SPPf, and Queen-Articuno on dA, as well as a former aspiring trinketer on GPX+, a proud TheRunawayGuys fangirl, a proud participant of Extra Life, and proud supporter of TwitchPlaysPokemon.

I claimed Isaac from Golden Sun. Hands off mah bishie! tongue.gif And Capt. Linebeck, too!

Follow Isaac-kun to get to my party. I appreciate and try to return clickbacks! happy.gif

Thanks, xJesstheMess!

My shop! I appreciate requests! cat.gif

Entei stuff! (click to show)

Other stuff... (click to show)

Credit to: (click to show)
+Quote Post

Chiiyo
post Sep 30 2012, 10:50 AM
Post #7

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 153 978

Precious <3

I try to put all duplicates on the market, though I'm to lazy to keep track of it sometimes. ^^;
Also, I keep high rarity duplicates to trade them. I get better results if I send the offers myself. If I own more of two of any high trinket, I put it on the market.

I'm not too picky.
If someone sends me a fair offer, I mostly accept it even if I already own the trinket. Putting a trinket on the market means I don't really need it anymore, so I'm fine with helping other users.
I prefer accepting offers of the same set and same rarity, though. If I offer rarity 3 only available to Malachite and someone offers me rarity 2 available to all affinities, that's what I will most likely deny.

Trades which are really important to me are the ones I send to other users. I try to follow some "guidelines", just because I experienced they do work pretty well. =)
- mostly within the same group (especially concerning the newest group), holiday for holiday only
- same rarity (or even higher if I can afford it and badly want a certain trinket xD)
- ones that aren't available to the user's affinity, of course, work always best

Well, mostly the basic "rules" I guess. ;P

--------------------

The bird filled the sky
and soared through my thoughts.

♣ Treasure ♣ (click to show)
+Quote Post

Yamper
post Sep 30 2012, 10:53 AM
Post #8

Axew and Volcarona enthusiast
Group Icon

Member No.: 61 211

Invisible Kyurem

I offer stuff which most of the people can't get.

If 1 person can't get it, I'll try and give them a higher rarity, perhaps a more holiday set trinket. If say, 7 people offer and I have something 5 of them don't, I'd be more inclined to offer that opposed to something say, 2 people don't have.

--------------------

Don't forget to love yourself.
Add me for daily clicks: 873/1000

[align=center]---

Community Thread Shiny List!

---[/align]
[align=right]Breeding Incentives: Mission Cards
[/align]
+Quote Post

Eucharistica
post Sep 30 2012, 12:12 PM
Post #9

Flooooon
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 832

Active Squad

I normally gift rarity 5 or lower trinkets to people on my Pal Pad, and then put everything rarity 6 and above on the market. I sometimes go and ask for trades myself, but people take forever to respond.

--------------------

19th Dec, 2011 (click to show)

+Quote Post

PokeNOM NOM NOM
post Oct 2 2012, 10:45 AM
Post #10

Spriter / Writer
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 99 214

Active Squad

Hm. Strategies...

All my duplicates go on the market, except if I know someone from my Palpad is looking for that specific trinket.

I accept any trinket that's being offered, that I don't have yet.
I'm not picky. x3

Haha, that's just about all there is to my trinket strategies.
Oh, or maybe this, too:

I occasionally go through the market to offer some trades.
I always try to offer something that's exactly the same rarity as what's on the market.
I don't know why, but it just feels right. xD

--------------------

Check out my GPX+ profile
to find out what I've contributed so far!

'Counterbalanced'
+Quote Post

GrayGriffin
post Oct 18 2012, 08:36 PM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 19 486

PANE Squad

I put every single duplicate on the market, and prioritize trinkets that Wulfenites can't get. That's about it.

--------------------

Wooper needs to be fed 65 Rawst berries for my current Exploration.

Hatching Houndour for Dreidel coins.

I am currently breeding Houndour.
+Quote Post

Darth Krytie
post Oct 21 2012, 01:43 PM
Post #12

This one does not have time for your solid waste excretions.
Group Icon

Group: Administrators
Member No.: 22 312

Team Awesomecakes

I generally check my palpad to see if my favourite people have the duplicate trinkets first. I often make offers on items based on what the most amount of people who are offering a trinket need. I don't always check what set the trinkets are from. Sometimes, if what I have is rare, and there are under 1000 available on the site itself, I'll put it up for trade and see if there are already offers I don't have. Sometimes, I'll leave it up if there isn't. Sometimes, I'll take it back down.

I tend to accept whatever offer people make if it's for a trinket I don't have if it's for an affinity I don't have access to or a set I don't have access to.

--------------------

Please use the Help Page and appropriate Help Forum instead of PMing me. Only PM if it's something you need me or an Admin for specifically.
+Quote Post

Chrome
post Oct 21 2012, 02:01 PM
Post #13

Catch me if you can.
Group Icon

Member No.: 168 510

Active Squad

I just put my duplicates for offers and I just wait around. O_O

--------------------

↓ These shiny Pokemon wants you to click these ↓

GPX+ Groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

Orenji
post Nov 13 2012, 03:59 AM
Post #14

Selective Procrastinator
Group Icon

Member No.: 17 837

Pure Win

If I put stuff on the market, it normally takes me a while before I even get an offer, and in most cases it benefits me in no way.

So I like to search the Big Book and choose what sounds nice based on name. I keep it at a set rarity (like today, I felt like going for 1) and if I find something, I'll try to gift a duplicate. When doing so, I try to get the '?/x users have got this trinket' to be as high as possible so the person receiving it has a relatively good chance of finding something of equivalent value.

It gets a bit harder with holiday-based trinkets though...

This post has been edited by Orenji: Nov 13 2012, 04:00 AM

--------------------
I claim Wolfguard (yes all 4) and Jeorge (FE11 & FE12) and Soren (FE9 & FE10)
If you're bored...~

Avatar: Jeremiah 'Orenji' Gottwald. Nuff said.
Support me on NaNoWriMo and Fanfiction!

Owner of:

GPX+ groups (click to show)
+Quote Post

CherryGryffon
post Nov 13 2012, 05:03 AM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 48 261

Active Squad

I'm pretty simple when it comes to trading my trinkets.

If it's something I'm offering on, I offer whatever I have more than one of, that the most number of sellers need.
If it's something I have put up for offers, if I don't have it: I accept it. If there are more than one I don't have offered: I pick the one with fewest available. :]

--------------------
Mostly on Twitter, Twitch, and Instagram these days
Find me @CherryGryffon everywhere
Obsessed with Travis Barker
+Quote Post

Zaltys
post Nov 13 2012, 07:50 AM
Post #16

βακα…_〆(゜▽゜*)
Group Icon

Member No.: 80 122

Active Squad

All of my dupes are up for trade and I always accept all offers for trinkets that I don't already have. Except R10, those are too rare to trade for R9.

I don't make any difference between holiday and normal trinkets. There's always an another chance to get those, if you play long enough...and I'm not planning to quit permanently anytime soon. I've missed most of the holiday trinkets so far though, since I'm usually busy/on hiatus during those times of the year. confused.gif

Offers with trinkets that I already have? Auto-hidden, unless it's something uncommon (<2000 in existence). Those are sometimes worth a second glance...and sometimes I trade for them just to gift them away.

This post has been edited by Zaltys: Nov 13 2012, 07:55 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:57 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.