Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Dark and Disturbing Cartoon Theories, The sad, and sometimes scary theories about the media you like
RoboFloatzel
post Sep 29 2011, 02:29 PM
Post #1

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 4 066

Robot Pokemon

Has anyone here heard some of these? They are basically a type of "Wild Mass Guessing" that involve grimdark therories about certain cartoon, anime, and video game series. Here's a few I found that were very interesting:

There’s a theory that interprets Ed, Edd and Eddy’s entire cast of kids as all being dead and living in a purgatory of an eternal childhood cycle (originally an eternal summer, but then they started going to school), thusly the complete lack of any adults in the purgatory. They’re are a number of explanations for their deaths, ranging from basic deaths such as an explosion due to a gas-leak in the neighborhood, to apocalyptic ones such as nuclear explosion or the spread of a deadly disease that killed most of middle-America. A related theory suggests that the kids in the cul-de-sac are dead children from the neighborhood, each from different time periods (Johnny and Rolf from the 40’s, Kevin from the 90’s, Naz from the 60’s, Jimmy from the 00’s, and so on).

There's also the theory that the entire world of My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic is merely the imagination of a deranged human girl in an insane asylum named Pinkamena Diane Pie (in other words, Pinkie Pie), as her way of coping. Pinkie Pie is simply a split personality of this girl, whom is incarcerated for murdering her parents and friends because her dolls told her to, think about the fanfic "Cupcakes" for a minute, then make the infamous grimdark fanfic take place in the real world with humans, because that's basically what this theroy it to an extent.

There's also the "Ash Ketchum comatose" theroy (which I bet some of you have heard of), an Animal Crossing theory similar to the MLP one above, and countless others. Discuss and post other dark cartoon theories you have found.

This post has been edited by Masterge77: Sep 29 2011, 02:37 PM

--------------------

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

My icon was made by MelNathea on DeviantART
My DeviantART account

Water types are weak against Fire types if they use Thunder as armor. Flareon can use dive and aim for the horn. Then finish it off with False Swipe although it may faint if it uses Endure...but thats just because everyone knows Arbok evolves into Seviper
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

ShrapnelStars
post Sep 29 2011, 02:42 PM
Post #2

Well, I wish I'd wished you well
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 4 143

Let Us In

I was reading a few of these the other day that really shook me a bit, mainly about Unova.

N is theorized to be named as such because A-M were killed failed attempts by Ghetsis to take over Unova. Linking onto that, Ghetsis's Hydreigon is underleveled because he forced it to evolve early by getting one of the Zweilous heads to kill the other one. The Hydreigon is there to kill N, regardless of outcome, and stop Reshiram/Zekrom from rampaging after N's gone so Ghetsis can continue with his plans.

One lighter, yet still a bit sad one is about the Dream World abilities of the elemental monkeys. Dream World abilities are supposed to reflect a Pokemon's true desires. The monkeys' Dream World abilities are all the abilities of the starters. They just want to be loved as much as the starters are.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Permanent Jetlag
post Sep 30 2011, 05:44 PM
Post #3

(๑•́ ₃ •̀๑)
Group Icon

Member No.: 38 531

The Avengers

The Rugrats really were a figment of Angelica's Imagination.

Chucky died a long time ago along with this mother, that's why Chaz is a nervous wreck all the time.

Tommy was a stillborn, that's why Stu is constantly in the basement making toys for the son who never had a chance to live.

The DeVilles had an abortion, Angelica couldn't figure whether it would be a boy or a girl thus creating the twins
-----------------------------
As for "All Grown Up" Angelica was a bipolar schizophrenic who, as a teenager became addicted to various Narcotics, bringing her back to her childhood and thus her creations she obsessed over, because of time lapse between the present and the last time she interacted with her creations, she made them older, Angelica was constantally taking hits of acid, so she would never have to live without her creations who were her only company, in a judgemental world

Angelica's mom actually died of a heroine overdose, Angelica was schizophrenic/bipolar because she was a crack baby, additionaly Drew in his depression married a gold digging whore, that Angelica idolized because she fooled herself into thinking it was her real mom, but always had a concept of her mom, Cynthia, and took a barbie doll, and made it after her mom's image, wearing an unwashed oranged dress, and having jacked up hair, which is why she was so attached to it, later in life she followed in her mom footsteps w/ drugs and everything, dieing of overdose at age 13 when All Grown Up! was "canceled"

The only rugrat not to be fictional however, was unborn Tommy's brother Dil, however Angelica didnt know the differace between Dil and her creations, Dil didnt follow her commands, after endless crying and a refusal to disapear like the others did when angelica was angry with them, she hit him. And she hit him, screaming a screaching tune, Stu ran in and pulled his neice off of his only child, but it was too late, he had a brain hemerage, which resulted in a deformation, as he grew up his damage only became more evident, by the time he was 9 in All Grown Up! He lived as an outcast, being ridiculed for his weirdness, and retardation, the immense guilt over this is what led to her drug use and is what led Angelica to un-create the rugrats breifly, until her expericance w/ hallucinogenics.

On a trip to Paris to find love, Chaz married a hooker named Kira (He was actually going to marry a differant hooker, but she just wanted him for his money), who had a daughter named Kimi that was torn from her because she was a cocaine addict (Angelica imagined her from Kira's stories), he lost his mind after the death of his wife and was in denial that she was ever prostitue, upon return to America, Chaz and Kira married and she got her greencard, it was actually a really happy/romantic story, Kira continually stuggled with addiction, but was relatively happy w/ her life, and Chaz

Suzie was actually Angelica's only friend, who entertained the thought of Angelica's creations, for her, She later became a phycologist and teamed up w/ Nickelodeon to make the Rugrats! When Angelica died of drug overdose, she helped arrange her funeral, Angelica's death was sad, because of her addiction, she was expelled from society, which lead to a break with reality, and her eventual death, she spent the last days of her life in the back of the school cafeteria, imagining friends around her, and playing with the lives of her creations.

Not mine, just thought this was of interest.

--------------------
+Quote Post

TwilitProphet
post Sep 30 2011, 07:52 PM
Post #4

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 150 417

Active Squad

QUOTE(Sleepy99Head @ Sep 29 2011, 03:42 PM) *
One lighter, yet still a bit sad one is about the Dream World abilities of the elemental monkeys. Dream World abilities are supposed to reflect a Pokemon's true desires. The monkeys' Dream World abilities are all the abilities of the starters. They just want to be loved as much as the starters are.

I feel like I should give them hugs now. noes.gif I love them MORE than the starters!

The only one I really know off the top of my head is the one where in the first generation Pokemon games (and their remakes) where it's assumed the rival's Raticate has died and that's why they're in the Pokemon Tower in Lavender town, and why you don't see that Raticate again. Their Raticate died from its injuries on the SS Anne because the rival couldn't get it proper care, due to being on a boat.

--------------------

+Quote Post

RoboFloatzel
post Sep 30 2011, 08:29 PM
Post #5

Jacen the Robot Floatzel
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 066

Robot Pokemon

I heard the strange theory that the entire series of Digimon Savers/Data Squad was all a simulation on Izzy's laptop.

And speaking of computers, there's the disturbing theory that the world of Mega Man Battle Network is a dystopian future with no internet freedoms, with the mere mention of downloading a simple file (whether it's illegal software or not) is met not necessarily with outright deletion, but incredibly heavy and imposing restrictions or fines, since everyday life has become so ingrained to the internet that even the stove is connected to the internet. The Undernet, while being the home to the most dangerous criminals on the internet, is the only remaining place in the entire internet that still shares information freely and without limits or fear of persecution, and the users of the Undernet are the only people who make a stand for the freedoms the internet is supposed to represent (despite most of them being terrorists). Now imagine if the real life internet was like that...

This post has been edited by Masterge77: Sep 30 2011, 08:33 PM

--------------------

CLICK MY ROBOT POKEMON ARMY OR ELSE!!!!!!

My icon was made by MelNathea on DeviantART
My DeviantART account

Water types are weak against Fire types if they use Thunder as armor. Flareon can use dive and aim for the horn. Then finish it off with False Swipe although it may faint if it uses Endure...but thats just because everyone knows Arbok evolves into Seviper
+Quote Post

Reyo
post Oct 2 2011, 06:36 PM
Post #6

I'm in space...space...spacespace
Group Icon

Member No.: 30 281

space team

Gengar is really a Clefable, only in death
Ash is Giovanni's son
The entirety of the pokemon universe is a post war setting
Baby Kangaskhans are Cubones, only their mothers didn't die
Dittos are a result of failed attempts to clone mew
Harry Potter really is a wizard
Butterfree and Venonat were switched prior to release
All of the different regions in the pokemon universe are different sections of Japan
Foreshadowing for Munna was intentional int he 1st gen

--------------------
space...spacespace...wanna go to space...I'm in space...are we in space...I wanna into space, are you space? Uh oh, space police, stay cool. Space..space..space space..ba ba, ba, ba, bababa, ba, ba space. Dad, are you space? Yes, now we can be a family again. Space space...need...space...need a rocket...wanna buy a rocket? It's for space...need one...buy one from space store...space store...space...space...space supplies...space ship...space rocket...rocket..space...soup...space soup...from space cafe...space waiter there's a space fly in my space soup...spacespace....must...

SPAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
+Quote Post

Digidude
post Oct 17 2011, 01:38 AM
Post #7

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 74 984

Favourites

QUOTE(Reyo @ Oct 3 2011, 09:36 AM) *
Gengar is really a Clefable, only in death
Ash is Giovanni's son
The entirety of the pokemon universe is a post war setting
Baby Kangaskhans are Cubones, only their mothers didn't die
Dittos are a result of failed attempts to clone mew
Harry Potter really is a wizard
Butterfree and Venonat were switched prior to release
All of the different regions in the pokemon universe are different sections of Japan
Foreshadowing for Munna was intentional int he 1st gen
I actually find myself believing the one about Gengar and Clefable.

--------------------
Click my signature and please click my Pokemon.
+Quote Post

BarkingChaos
post Oct 18 2011, 02:56 PM
Post #8

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 112 100

Sandshrew Army

Anyone see this article on cracked?

(Cracked is a comedy site, take it with a grain of salt, but some of the ideas they mention do kinda make you think)
+Quote Post

PawsrentOrigin
post Oct 26 2011, 05:31 PM
Post #9

Seasons Greetings!
Group Icon

Member No.: 126 421

Active Squad

This is something I came up with. Now that I look at it, it makes some sense.

Years ago, after N was born, Ghetis killed N's father. While his mother was distraught, he married her, then killed her. N heard it happen, which is why Ghetis seperated him from people, to keep himself out of jail. Then Ghetis brought N back to the seat of power as Team Plasma leader. Ghetis decided to keep N from talking by buying some hookers of the names Anthea and Concordia. N gave Anthea to Ghetis, but kept Concordia and kept having sex with Anthea. Ghetis then had illegitimate triplets with Anthea, and they were called the Shadow Triad. Ghetis left after N was defeated to travel to Sinnoh, where he was planning to wake up Arceus. N is also a psychic, born of a Zoroark and a human. He can move objects with his mind (I got this from his official artwork), and is an expert theif.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Yanderes of Prus...
post Oct 26 2011, 05:49 PM
Post #10

Denmark x Belarus new OTP! (lolno, still DenNor)
Group Icon

Member No.: 143 027

WHY NO 5TH GEN?

Ooh~ I love these, but I can't think of any specific example I've read :~;

--------------------
Formerly known as CloudCuckooLander.

The Nordic Club is the most exclusive club ever, nobody can join! (except maybe Epicstonia)

+Quote Post

Me Gusta
post Oct 27 2011, 05:15 PM
Post #11

Hockey Brawl!
Group Icon

Member No.: 152 455

Me Swamsta

QUOTE(Reyo @ Oct 2 2011, 04:36 PM) *

that's actually true

--------------------
Click Them
CLICK ALL THE EGGS
+Quote Post

xAnonx
post Mar 20 2013, 06:50 PM
Post #12

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 193 554

Active Squad

I have a Barney Theory! I have a Barney theory! You know the theme song, the kids say that they imagine barney. The kids are hardly ever seen with the parents and they are usually always hanging out in a park or a house. Why is that? Well, the kids are orphans. They haven't had any love from their parents and their were abandoned a long time ago. The kids are dramatized after meeting a man in a barn who loves kids and had autism spectrum disorder which caused him to act too young for his age. Unfortunately this man passed and the kids never got his name. He was always seen hanging out his barn house or at the park. The kids decided to name him "Barney" and after he passed, they imagined him because he was the only loving man in their lives. Unfortunately the kids had a slight mental disorder and since "Barney" always wore purple and loved dinosaurs, they saw him as a walking purple dinosaur. When "Barney" was alive, he showed the kids his family. "Baby pop" and "PJ" were actually married, but they always fought and they also had autism spectrum. They never showed any love towards one another so when they passed, the kids saw them as relatives. They also met PJ's friend who loved to wear orange and had a nasal condition. He also had the same disorder that Barney and his relatives have. When PJ's friend passed, they saw him as a orange dinosaur because of his favorite color. They also saw Baby Pop green because it was her favorite color and she also told the kids that she cherished her blanket ever since she was young. This is why they imagined Baby Pop as a baby sister of PJ. PJ loved the color yellow and always bossed Baby Pop around in their marriage. The kids imagined him as an older brother when he passed. So none of these "dinosaur" creatures are real and basically made up from the kid's imagination. The grandparents, parents, and other adults usually went along with it because they knew the kids were slightly mental and didn't want to upset them. This is why the kids are usually located at the park and the barn house because that's when they met the man "Barney." Even though the man, his relatives, and his friend are actually dead, the kids cannot seem to let go of the only lovers in their lives. This is also why they are shown hanging outwith "Barney" and his friends all day and everyday.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 05:37 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.