Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Ratios - Magneton being faster than Gyarados or the other?
Georgio
post Mar 24 2012, 02:04 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 160 744

Active Squad

I was writing a guide for the Orre Colosseum for Pokemon XD Gale of Darkness. In Round 3 of Orre Colosseum, we have the final contestant as Cipher Admin Gorigan and Michael and his Level 60 Hasty nature Magneton against Gorigan's Level 60 Gyarados, either +Speed or +Attack nature. I already know that Gyarados can knock out Magneton even at a Timid Nature and if Gyarados is an Adamant Nature, if Magneton tries to set up Rain Dance in order to use Thunder, Gyarados can wipe out Magneton with Earthquake either way. They both have 252 EVs in Speed but the IVs are not set. What are the odds of having the right IVs in the stat so that Magneton is faster than Gyarados given Gyarados DOES NOT have a Speed greater than 158 so that it randomizes and one of them will go first given Magneton's highest Speed can only surpass to 159. I need help calculating this.

According to the table and IV Calculator a Hasty nature Magneton could have a Speed stat of inbetween 138 and 159 with 252 EVs in the stat. A +Speed nature Gyarados can have a Speed stat of inbetween 154 and 173 with 252 EVs in the Stat and a neutral nature Gyarados or a Gyarados with any other nature other than -Speed can have a Speed stat of inbetween 140 and 158, giving Magneton little room to be faster than the Gyarados. So how do I rectify this problem? Please give good comments and advice and don't worry to much if it's in the wrong forum. It's Pokemon and math and there's nowhere or any special place to put these types of problems.

This post has been edited by Georgio: Mar 24 2012, 02:06 PM

--------------------
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 12:48 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.