Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)
7 Pages V   1 2 3 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Minecraft
Minecraft
Would you play in a dedicated GTS/GPX server?
Yes [ 49 ]  [72.06%]
No [ 9 ]  [13.24%]
Maybe [ 10 ]  [14.71%]
Total Votes: 68
Guests cannot vote 

Letan
post Aug 18 2010, 11:54 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 1 219

Lugia Hype

So you may have heard of this little indie game called "Minecraft". Does anyone here play it? And if so, do you have any hilarious Minecraft stories? Have you built anything awesome that you want to show off? Do you have an awesome skin that you also want to show off? Feel free to discuss things like that here.

Right now I'm using a pretty awesome Commander Shephard skin from Mass Effect 2 that I made. Haven't built anything too awesome yet, although I'm quite proud of my lighthouse. I think that my next build project might be a gigantic tower with a glass dome on the top along with an epic garden and/or farming area.

EDIT: Adding a poll at TheDarkrai's request.

This post has been edited by Letan: May 20 2012, 10:28 PM

--------------------
[align=center]

=- Game Dev, currently making a game called Cursed Seasons. I tweet about it sometimes. -=
http://cursedseasons.tumblr.com/
Discord is a thing

[/align]
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Dazmi
post Aug 19 2010, 02:02 AM
Post #2

Veteran
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 2 482

Active Squad

I haven't been on it since my computer died on me. I'm sure I'll go on again if fixing it will prove possible.

Anyways (I hope it looks like opinions and not advertising):

1. The free versions are bullshit. If you pre-purchase the game (it's around $15), you get access to "survival alpha", along with updates as it's developed. You're not paying for the alpha, you're pre-purchasing the finished game. The alpha is just a bonus. The price is gonna increase soon (if not already). I recommend it if the free versions aren't good enough for you (like myself).

2. The game is 95% gathering resources just to build random crap for no reason, but there are some things to kill and it's easy to die when you're not paying attention. If you don't like breaking blocks, placing blocks, and going into dark areas to find more blocks to break and place, I won't blame you if you believe the game to be boring (especially in it's unfinished state). Most call it creepy sometimes, but I don't see the creepy moments as that creepy.

I use a Kamina skin sometimes.
I haven't built anything that I'm particularly proud of, but I'm getting better and I have lots of ideas. I don't want to become one of those people (like most Minecraft users) that fail to create anything impressive.

This post has been edited by Dazmi: Aug 19 2010, 03:08 AM

--------------------
+Quote Post

FiddleTwix
post Aug 19 2010, 12:53 PM
Post #3

No, this is Patrick
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 55 445

My faves

I used to play on a couple servers my friend hosted; made all sorts of cool stuff, like an ice tower, a "spa", a battle arena (Even though there was no fighting function; at least when I was there. It was built like a Roman Colosseum), a huge bridge from my tower, all the way to the other side of the map (I fell off so many times. XD) etc. etc. For such a simple game it's a lot of fun.

However, the host of both servers no longer does it anymore, and I don't think it's really worth the payment, TBH.

Though it is nice to have the whole map to yourself and not have the problem of worrying if you're treading upon someone else's spot, or someone destroying what you've built, it's a lot more boring by yourself. It's an empty expanse you'll build in and no one else will see what you build unless you take screenies.

It's probably a lot more fun if you pay and have other people; at least a few close friends playing with you on the same map, but the free version just doesn't allure me to pay. Still, it entertained me for quite some time. And for a game with blocky (Hah, pun) graphics and really nothing to do but build stuff, that's saying something. Lots of high-quality, mega-popular MMORPG's can't hold my attention for long. I played Minecraft for months.

--------------------

Like anime reviews, stuff and more stuff? Like western animation and things? I do those things here nom.gif http://fiddletwix.wordpress.com/
+Quote Post

FireUmbreon
post Aug 19 2010, 02:23 PM
Post #4

HELLO DIRK DO YOU WANT TO PLAY A GAME tumut
Group Icon

Member No.: 20 025

Best poke couple ever

That game is good, I started playing it in like a year ago...

I made a missingno and a Mario sprite from Super Mario World.
+Quote Post

Retrospect
post Sep 20 2010, 05:28 PM
Post #5

Back from the dead... sort of.
Group Icon

Member No.: 35 279

Active Squad

My boyfriend and I have been playing this game with our gamer friends a lot lately. I really enjoy creation games so a huge sandbox game like this is great for me. It really keeps me entranced with all the different possibilities. I haven't done much myself yet, but I've seen things like expansive arenas, towering castles, massive caves and tunnel systems, etc. I've only started my personal world a little while ago so I'm only a couple game days in, but all of us have been playing multi-player and even though damage is disabled in multi-player, we've already made some really awesome bases to start out.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Godamn Robot
post Nov 17 2010, 05:27 PM
Post #6

WORD!!!!!!
Group Icon

Member No.: 116 506

0_o

My friend keeps telling me how awesomesauce this game is so he finnally broke me down and I playied the demo. I did not find it that fun so my friend let me play it on his computer, I was walking around a huge green landscape at night when some walking cactus thing came chraging at me and exploded I died instantly. Funny thing about that is that it flooded his pirate ship when it exploded.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Liraxus
post Nov 18 2010, 02:41 AM
Post #7

Some secret agent
Group Icon

Member No.: 12 600

need gen 6 party

QUOTE(DrDestroy @ Nov 17 2010, 07:27 PM) *
My friend keeps telling me how awesomesauce this game is so he finnally broke me down and I playied the demo. I did not find it that fun so my friend let me play it on his computer, I was walking around a huge green landscape at night when some walking cactus thing came chraging at me and exploded I died instantly. Funny thing about that is that it flooded his pirate ship when it exploded.

Thats called a creeper, they have a possibility of exploding, pray one dosen't get near your house.
+Quote Post

Lathspell
post Nov 26 2010, 07:28 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 120 726

Soul Silver Team

I honestly don't get the appeal of Minecraft, or the point of it. When I played it, nothing really happened, I just dug a really deep hole, got creeped out and bailed. noes.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Tatzelwyrm
post Nov 29 2010, 06:45 PM
Post #9

Why do we always fight for the right of way, right away?
Group Icon

Member No.: 47 853

Active Squad

/r/minecraft would like a talk with some of you guys.

If you don't understand the appeal of Minecraft, reading experiences like this is rather refreshing. And amusing.

This post has been edited by Tatzelwyrm: Nov 29 2010, 06:46 PM

--------------------

The suppression of uncomfortable ideas
may be common in religion and politics,
but it is not the path to knowledge;
it has no place in the endeavor of science.

- Carl Sagan
+Quote Post

ChocolateVanilla
post Dec 28 2010, 09:48 PM
Post #10

Not LOLing, Laughing Out Loud. :D
Group Icon

Member No.: 24 686

Active Squad

My sister kindly put this game on my computer.

All my experiences with this game have been pretty stressful. I only played with the zombies on once, and I made it through the night by hiding out in a hole in the wall. I left a window so I could see out, and ended up spending the night attacking some skeleton that kept shooting at me.
I lost a lot of hearts, but I did kill that bugger. However, I left my shelter a little too soon, and was blown to smithereens by a completely different monster (it exploded. I don't know the term of it, sadly).

Since then, i play on peaceful mode, but still find several ways to die. I have gotten lost and the drowned in desperation (I didn't know about compasses), and found a crapload of diamonds then died in lava since I broke the rule of digging down. I have even made a portal to the nether, got lost (the compass doesn't work..) and then committed suicide in lava again out of desperation.

My character has gone on great quests to destroy the lava monster that invaded my house (I accidentally let loose a bucket of lava. I died and lost all my empty buckets and coal so I had to go find more. However, It turned out that I still had a bucket of water, but I didn't think of that solution). Even when I had the material, it was still a fearsome battle and I sacrificed much (I tend to throw things uncontrollably).

Overall, I enjoy this game. Its really addicting, and I have pleasant memories despite small visions of drowning in pools of lava and being burned alive. Its a great game for a simplish person like me, I think, who just finds amusement in my own misadventures and likes being able to yell at the computer.

--------------------
Credit for Awesomely Awesome Pictures (click to show)

+Quote Post

Abufi
post Dec 31 2010, 03:03 AM
Post #11

bree bree
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 390

Active Squad

ah this game is great. it's really neat and makes for a pretty nice and calm pastime... so long as you keep it on peaceful difficulty and stay above the surface - turn monsters on and go underground and it turns into a quasi-survival horror oh god

also when my friend came over we found it's fun for us to both play it on one computer and take turns doing stuff. and freak out together when it's nighttime and we're being stalked by monsters or while we're in a cave. i swear, for a game made up of simple pixelly building blocks, the atmosphere can get creepy and ominous as hell at times.

i haven't gotten a chance to play much of survival multiplayer with my friends yet, but we've been wanting to find a time to sit down and have a long session to play together for the longest time. can't wait for us to actually get around to doing it.

also, creepers are awful, but the monster that actually gives me the most trouble is the skeleton and not the creeper. hate those guys and their *#%&@!ed arrows.

although i've never been to the nether yet so i can't say much about ghasts but those sound pretty awful too.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Dar Ksereth
post Jan 9 2011, 02:31 AM
Post #12

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 3 614

My favorite party

i feel bad, i can't pay for it, so i can only play the demo, which is basically lego's on steroids.

i am gonna see if my computer can stop lagging when loading the huuuuge map, and try making a floating castle over lava.

--------------------
The One and Only

Viral

you are compelled to poke them.
+Quote Post

Starscreamer
post Jan 9 2011, 11:00 PM
Post #13

It begins with star, and ends in your scream.
Group Icon

Member No.: 37 145

Plushi collection :3

QUOTE(Sephirothj1 @ Nov 18 2010, 06:41 PM) *
QUOTE(DrDestroy @ Nov 17 2010, 07:27 PM) *

Thats called a creeper, they have a possibility of exploding, pray one dosen't get near your house.

Unless your house is made of Obsidian awesome.gif

I have it, I love it, not the digging part but I sit there and just build houses and make fancy buildings. On my list is library and luxury home *shot*
When I do mine it ends up looking like this, this and this.

My only problem is this computers lack of power, I have to have the fog on lvl2 for it to run at all.

--------------------

random links (click to show)

needs moar starscream (click to show)

+Quote Post

Godamn Robot
post Jan 11 2011, 09:53 AM
Post #14

WORD!!!!!!
Group Icon

0_o

I am now going to get Minecraft because I have finnally relized the awesomesauce that it is. I was playing it at my friends house (Same friend) and he let me make my own file on his computer (Which he will send to me once I buy it) and th wourld I spawned in the middle of the ocean on a small Island. My world is just alot of water and a bunch of small Islands. last time I played, I was on a relitivly medium sized one with snow everywhere.

--------------------

+Quote Post

ldjulius
post Jan 12 2011, 08:03 PM
Post #15

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 125 767

Active Squad

Well apparently I quite idiotically created a thread on minecraft only to quickly realize that there was already a minecraft thread. . . . /fail So anyway, I love this game. It's, imo, one of the greatest sandbox games to date. It's so expansive and the multiplayer capabilities are so innumerable. I love the game, it has tons of appeal I think. You can build, kill, steal, destroy. What more can you ask for? And did I mention the little green slimes that look like jelly blobs?!? AMAZING!

--------------------

I GOT A POKII! HELP HIM GROWS BIG AND STRONG!
+Quote Post

Thiinka
post Jan 12 2011, 11:31 PM
Post #16

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Contributor
Member No.: 16 742

Soul Silver Team

Okay. I just got MineCraft after watching jx23 (on YouTube) do a Let's Play of it.

I LOVE IT. TO PIECES. Well on Peaceful mode anyway.

I just love the feeling of exploration, cheering when you find coal or iron, and discovering massive structures and cave systems. It feels like I can accomplish stuff and make my own impact on the world.

With what I've done so far: made a small wood shelter, found some grain and cacti, dug down I don't know how far to find 15 units of iron, and found some amazing mountain formations. One of them had a water source block coming out of it, so I made a lake below. Did I also mention that there seems to be a cow spawner right outside my house every morning when I come outside?

I FREAKIN' LOVE THIS GAME
FOR SO MANY REASONS
+Quote Post

Godamn Robot
post Jan 24 2011, 11:07 AM
Post #17

WORD!!!!!!
Group Icon

0_o

Its a good game to kill time or wait for other games to load, but for me, it's not to addicting. I got it a week ago and I already found enough diamond to set me for life, and I have a massive medieval castle.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Doctor Octopus
post Apr 8 2011, 11:39 PM
Post #18

Just your friendly neighborhood supervillain.
Group Icon

Member No.: 11 632

The Sinister Six

(I do hope it is okay to post here... but seeing how this is a somewhat official looking MC topic, I think it is. Correct me if I'm wrong, and I apologize if I am. :I i am ever so slightly scared posting this)

@Thiinka: Neutral mobs like cows, pigs, sheep, and chickens all spawn on grass when it's light out - ie, when it's daytime. So yeah, you're going to have small herds of 'em wandering around outside unless you put something else over the grass around your house. Honestly I don't really mind too much except for cows because they are noisy and annoying. :P

Anywho, just want to rant a bit... I know that lapis lazuli has been out for a while, but I also haven't played MC for a while, so yeah. :I I'm a little annoyed that it's so rare. I mean, so far the posts have been for the vanilla Minecraft, but I've found a neat little mod that supposedly puts in a bunch of Portal stuff into the game - not limited to just the portal gun. (You can make yourself a Companion Cube awesome.gif)
Thing is, you need a piece of lapis lazuli to make the actual portal gun, and I don't have any. So I want to play with this mod a bit, but I need to find this blue rock first, and from what I've read, it's found at about the same depths as gold and diamond, and possibly rarer for their blocks to show up. dry.gif Aiyaaaah, this is annoying me.

Plus the only file that I've found diamond on is my original one (and guess what, you need a diamond for the portal gun too), so I'm going to have to travel waaaaaay the heck out there in order to generate new chunks and have the slightest chance at finding lapis lazuli. =_=
/end geek rant

EDIT: I FOUND SOME. YES. Unfortunately I have to go to bed, so making my portal gun will have to wait until tomorrow... *flails*

This post has been edited by Doctor Octopus: Apr 9 2011, 11:59 PM

--------------------

GTS/GPX+'s resident inactive supervillain.
I go by Doc, Otto, and Doc Ock, whichever strikes your fancy.

old, out of date signature things (click to show)
+Quote Post

Katarina du Cout...
post Apr 10 2011, 02:13 AM
Post #19

Blood for Noxus!
Group Icon

Member No.: 91 809

Active Squad

For a while, I've been playing some Minecraft. It's pretty awesome~ But the creepers are as annoying as hell dry.gif

I made three shelters in my world- one which is a castle, one which is a bunker, and the other which is built near ice. Hopefully when I get the time I could remove the huge hill that goes over my castle...

--------------------
"Violence solves everything." -Katarina, the Sinister Blade

GPXPlus Party

League of Legends (NA): GlitchyVanell0pe | Tumblr: glitchy-katarina
+Quote Post

Radoka Kaname
post Apr 10 2011, 02:18 AM
Post #20

where doing it man where MAKING THIS HAPEN
Group Icon

Member No.: 62 388

Portal

I broke mine and can't reinstall it because my friend who paid for it got it for me
i was addicted for the week I had access though

--------------------
stuff (click to show)

"This guy has the best advice ever: don't be a homicidal maniac, and remember to eat."
--Marik Ishtar

I am not Roxy Lalonde, I'm Roxy Lalonde (with 2 spaces)
+Quote Post

7 Pages V   1 2 3 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 10:52 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.