Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

READ ME FIRST

DO NOT make any 'click my eggs/Pokémon' threads/posts or any 'what is this egg' threads/posts or you WILL be warned 10% instantly!

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > »   
Reply to this topicStart new topic
Hilarious/Clever Pokemon Descriptions, Read any lately?
NTrinnu2
post Jul 2 2009, 08:52 PM
Post #41

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 30 667

Eeveeness

Those are funny! xD

--------------------

Rinn-chan's meowiness

----><-----

~
Shiny (click to show)
Breeding Notes (click to show)

♥♥♥
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Troter
post Jul 2 2009, 09:21 PM
Post #42

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 18 010

Active Squad

Irk Splee, Irk Splee, Irk Splee, Irk Splee...

... I hope you can't die from over-fuzziness.
I lol'd over yours Kendo Sword, especially Frodo's.
+Quote Post

Megatron
post Jul 2 2009, 11:04 PM
Post #43

I am Nohrbat
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 22 018

Transformer-mons

Trojan the Porygon2:
I hek ur computers.

Cheese the Lunatone:
THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEESE!
If Lunatone is half a moon, then two Lunatones would make a full moon. If both happened to be named Cheese, that moon will be made of Cheese.

Banana Man the Tropius:
Banana Man no like when people grab at Banana Man's bananas.

Blam the Shieldon:
Blam is the noise you make when this little monster headbutts you into a wall.
Be thankful his name isn't splat.

Some of my finer moments..

--------------------

General Awesome (click to show)

Credits & Misc. (click to show)
+Quote Post

NTrinnu2
post Jul 2 2009, 11:25 PM
Post #44

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Eeveeness

QUOTE(Latani @ Jul 2 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Trojan the Porygon2:
I hek ur computers.

Cheese the Lunatone:
THE MOON IS MADE OF CHEESE!
If Lunatone is half a moon, then two Lunatones would make a full moon. If both happened to be named Cheese, that moon will be made of Cheese.

Banana Man the Tropius:
Banana Man no like when people grab at Banana Man's bananas.

Blam the Shieldon:

Some of my finer moments..

Lol. xD Banana Man?? xD u should have named it banana boat! xD then its description could have been its song.. xD banana boat nah nah nah banana boat! xD

I like the cheese one too! xD

--------------------

Rinn-chan's meowiness

----><-----

~
Shiny (click to show)

♥♥♥
+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jul 3 2009, 01:47 AM
Post #45

Winged Psycho Juggler Vamp Kimono Mismagius Ninja Moon Etc RPer
Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.
Member No.: 25 766

The Phantom Parade!

QUOTE(Latani @ Jul 2 2009, 11:04 PM) *
Blam the Shieldon:

I lol'ed so HARD...

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
Party Link, RPs, & Other Stuff (click to show)
Groups I Am In (click to show)
+Quote Post

Illusione Tempus
post Jul 3 2009, 02:37 AM
Post #46

Addicted to Dragalia Lost
Group Icon

Member No.: 5 314

Milotic

Self-advertising:

Chelinka the Togetic
She was the first child of the family and was somehow hatched female. And yet, she still doesn't know why she hatched female, or maybe it's because something else. She still cares for her family, and wondered about her younger brother who has reached his final stage. So she stayed at a corner, despite being a girl, until her owner found a shiny stone just to please her.

But for a reason, she is just like her owner. Quirky, firstborn, female... Representing her owner, she won't go out from her party unless her owner tells her to.

100% like me, I love her cat.gif

--------------------
+Quote Post

Hellin
post Jul 3 2009, 06:03 AM
Post #47

Mysterious
Group Icon

Member No.: 8 845

The Cuteness Attack

I just LOVE the descriptions by my friend Oriona ^^ The examples:

Lynx, an Absol with a Jolly nature:
This pokemon is a walking disaster. I guess it's ok for absol to predict calamities but that thing is really happy when doing so. Sometimes I think he is crazy. He likes to laugh before thunderstorms and cloudbursts. He becomes unstoppable in windy days and resembles a cranky maniac.

Oedipus Complex, a Primeape with a Timid nature:
This primeape is rather difficult to handle. Though he is peaceful and diffident almost all the time, sometimes he acts quite hysterical. I think that's because he wants to be "a real primeape" but he doesn't know how to do it because of his inborn shyness.

And, by the way, I like Irk Splee's descriptions too *-*

--------------------
THE PARTY:
+Quote Post

Zeo
post Jul 3 2009, 07:43 AM
Post #48

The Shadow Lady
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 9 355

Shadowbabies

I can't remember the user's name for the life of me right now, but I remember the Hariyama had some silly little description where he said he didn't like Hariyama pointing at him 'cause it's like he's sticking his middle finger at him.. I should remember because he used third person all the time. ._.

I thought my Golbat description was funny, but that might just be 'cause I'm old and easily amused by nostalgic things.

Pokemon Nickname: Batty
Personalized description:
Yo, the name is Batty
The logic is erratic,
Potato in a jacket,
Toys in the attic,
I rock and I ramble,
My brain is scrambled,
Rap like an animal but I'm a mammal

I been brain-fried, electrified, infected and injectified,
Vivosectified and fed pesticides,
My face is all cut up,
Cos my radar's all shut up
Nurse I need a check-up from the neck up,
I'm Batty

--------------------
+Quote Post

Gig Evans
post Jul 3 2009, 10:53 AM
Post #49

Master of Death
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 627

Army of Destruction

I like to think my Riolu's description is pretty funny.

Salla eats souls with ketchup. They apparently taste like hot pockets.

Her dream is to conquer the world. All she needs is 100 souls, a duck, and a hose. Arceus only knows where she's gonna find a duck and a hose at this hour.

Congrats to anyone who gets the reference. teehee.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post

BrainpanSonata
post Jul 3 2009, 11:56 AM
Post #50

Winged Psycho Juggler Vamp Kimono Mismagius Ninja Moon Etc RPer
Group Icon

From: Zooming through cyberspace, and often getting distracted by shiny, pixelated objects.
Member No.: 25 766

The Phantom Parade!

My Natu egg just hatched a few minutes ago. I named it Mysterio, then remembered right afterwards that was the name of one of the minor villains from the Spiderman comic books. Before I went and put him in the daycare with Cassandra, my Xatu, I got the idea that he might take offense at all the comic book collectors who come by and ask him questions...

Species: Natu
Nickname: Mysterio
Description: Huh? What do you mean "Spiderman bad guy"? No, I'm not named after a comic book villain. What utter nonsense. I'm just a psychic-type pokemon who happens to be named Mysterio. Now go away, you silly weird-questions-asking thing.

While I'm at it, I might as well dig up a couple of my clever/semi-clever descriptions from back when I first joined the site.

Curio's description, like Curio himself, is my pride and joy. I put a lot of creative effort into it and even had to submit my first ever bug report when an error caused the / character to appears behind the ' and " characters when I tried to submit the edited version of the description, and it kept me from actually submitting my maxed char limit description. I edited the original description when I finally managed to evolve Curio.

Species: Mismagius
Nickname: Curio
Description: Curio is so named because his naive nature is unusual for his species, which are typically mischievous and sneaky. Some people assume that Curio is also short for "curious", since Curio often wanders off to examine random things that seem interesting to him. Having evolved into a Mismagius, which is known for its powerful and sometimes dangerous chants, Curio has instead decided to use his chants and his knowledge and collection of local plants to become a healer. He's earned the nickname "Curio the Witch Doctor" because of this. But as long as he can help people and pokemon, he doesn't care.

Gene's description is the only other funny/clever one I have out of all my pokemon that have descriptions. While I nickname all my pokemon, I don't describe them all. The other two that do descriptions have rather simple descriptions that tell what their Japanese names mean in English. Though given my proclivity for prose and poetry, especially among the more humorous veins, I think there will definitely be more funny/clever/just plain silly descriptions in the future.

Species: Flareon
Nickname: Gene
Description: He's not named after any specific person or character named Gene. In fact, I didn't even have regular names in mind when I named him, but rather the word "gene", as in those little bits of DNA you inherit from your parents. Yeah, my mind sometimes works in funny ways like that. And so does his, apparently, since he still keeps asking me exactly who he was named after even though I've already explained the origins of his name to him

--------------------

First-time novelist seeks dedicated, literate RPers for help with her work. Click this link if interested.

Scrubs RP is looking for RPers to join up! If you're a fan of Scrubs, or are otherwise interested, click the link in the previous sentence. (The RP has started, but we could always use someone to play Elliot or Carla... OC interns and long term patients also accepted.)
Party Link, RPs, & Other Stuff (click to show)
Groups I Am In (click to show)
+Quote Post

famatruni
post Jul 4 2009, 06:48 AM
Post #51

Cthian
Group Icon

Member No.: 19 031

Mine

I forget who, but I laughed really hard when I read their Houdoom's description. It went something like:
So-and-so likes to use his Will-O-Wisp attack to create orbs of fire and chase butterflies. It often ends badly for the butterfly, but it's cute nonetheless.
XD
+Quote Post

Crosspeice
post Jul 4 2009, 07:18 AM
Post #52

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 830

Active Squad

My Lickilicky is the only description I have.

Stand back as this Pokemon will lick you just to see what you taste like. If she thinks you taste sweet, she won't let go for at least five minutes.

You have been warned.

--------------------
Here is my profile: http://gpxplus.net/user/Crosspeice
Click it, you know you want to.

yourmove.gif
+Quote Post

Cassowary
post Jul 4 2009, 08:47 AM
Post #53

Skarmory Squadron Supreme
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 264

Skarmory Squadron

http://gpxplus.net/info/Zmt4ZwN1

Groudon:

What Janek received: A red and blue egg that matched his Union Jack jacket.

What Janek expected: A Pokemon would be the colors of the British flag. They would be best Anglophile friends who would travel to the wondrous United Kingdom and have all sorts of wacky British adventures!

What Janek got: A hulking behemoth that most certainly does not resemble the Union Jack. In fact, it doesn't even know what London is.

Though Mad Mod is not as big as a full grown Groudon yet, he's getting there. Moddie doesn't know his own strength and acts like an overgrown puppy. Janek is TERRIFIED.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Omnistiel
post Jul 4 2009, 11:12 AM
Post #54

*slowly rising*
Group Icon

Member No.: 4 001

Active Squad

May, my female Zergoose's description:
This beautiful maiden is the first-born child of the mighty king Zerx. She is well known for her big gorgeous red eyes and her magnificent manicure , made by the best french manicure-makers.She had awesome childhood , living in Nakad's palace , where all sorts of sexy boys were making all of her wishes came true! She was always shy , because of her hairy breasts , but now she's powerful amazon warrior , using her manicure as deadly weapon.Currently she's ruling over Nakad's summer house-the "Special" box. Her BFF is Harley the Cacturn.There are rumors that they are lovers , but who knows!

Mr. Zerx, my male Zergoose's descriptions:
Original: "Memories of battling its arch-rivals, the noobs, are etched into every cell of Zergoose's body. This Pokémon walks the path of vengeance, and will do anything to see them fall at its claws."
Mine: It is said that Mr. Zerx loves the taste of human brain , but it's always hungry , because it's victims don't even know the meaning of the word 'brain' ...

Redrake, my Shiny Gyarados' description:
This powerful fish was living in peace for centuries.One day I heard the story of this golden fish and went to the Lake of Rage to catch it. After 3 long weeks of fishing, I finally found it and the epic battle began! Magicarp was unbeatable, but in a battle with my Infernape, Magicarp evolved into Gyarados and I caught it with a Master Ball. After that day me and my new Redrake were training a lot and when Team Galactic tried to capture Arceus, Redrake was the one who stopped them and then he defeated the rampaging Arceus. From thet day on, Redrake was known as the "Arceus killer".

this one kinda suck.

This post has been edited by nakad: Jul 4 2009, 11:16 AM

--------------------

Have you ever had this dream of falling into an endless abyss? It's funny how short our lives are, how insignificant...
Have you ever had this feeling of detachment, absence, transcendence ... In the end all of those big words are nothing but loneliness.
Have you ever stopped for a second to think how vast the world is, how many secrets it holds, how many will remain hidden for an eternity...

And then the light flashes and suddenly the whole world crumbles around you... and you're saved.
+Quote Post

Buizek
post Jul 4 2009, 11:46 AM
Post #55

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 22 016

Active Squad

I try my best.

My Zigzagoon ZigginZaggin:
Zigginzaggin is a shy, superstitious perfectionist. "Don't step on a crack; you'll break your momma's back" is a saying well kept and obeyed by this Zigzagoon. She never leaves a door open, always eats sandwiches by eating the crust first, and makes sure her tracks are swept up. She's really picky about her coat of fur, as well. Never touch her, lest you dare misplace some of her fur from its alignment.
She will bite you. Many times.
Also, she owns a pretty stone collection.

My Riolu Revan:
Still in his youth, Revan has yet to overcome many hardships and trails to gain strength for his upcoming destiny. Not everything will be easy nor impossible. An obstacle, as he will come to say, is like road construction: It's best to drive off the freaking road and get around it that way. A challenge, however, is different. It's like a rock in the way of your digging; go ahead that blow that sucker to kingdom come.

My Smeargle Scribble:
Scribble is actually a horrible painter. She often draws ponies and mumbles to herself about football stats for popular players. She has no hope of ever becoming a successful artist, but her dream is to be a professional bowler. She enjoys her coffee black and often does yoga. She also had an affair with an Eevee...it ended up on Scribble writing, "I will never eat curry salad again" one thousand times all over the walls of the Empire State Building.

My Ryhorn Gaia:
This guy is all brawn, and no brain. Upon asked, "What does 2+2 equal?" he would reply "Fish." Fish for him is the answer to everything. Who was the second ruler of Egypt? "Fish." Why is the sky blue? "Fish." How do plants survive? "Fish." What does a heart symbolize? "Fish." Where do babies come from? "Fish."

I have a few more descriptions, but I think these are my best.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Vavaverse
post Jul 4 2009, 05:12 PM
Post #56

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 15 382

Active Squad

I actually don't want to evolve my Seedot, Lucrezia, because of this:

Small, excitable, and always has to know what's going on, so she usually rides around on Hay guyz's head. Has a surprisingly strong headbutt that she can deploy with devastating results, so it's generally wise not to cross her. Has a tendancy to play match-maker with some of the Pokemon in the group, aided by her thirst for gossip.

Shiftry's cool and all, but I love my tiny chatterbox riding around on a Lickilicky happy.gif
+Quote Post

NTrinnu2
post Jul 5 2009, 05:08 AM
Post #57

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Eeveeness

QUOTE(Whatura @ Jul 3 2009, 10:53 AM) *

Her dream is to conquer the world. All she needs is 100 souls, a duck, and a hose. Arceus only knows where she's gonna find a duck and a hose at this hour.

What is the reference??

--------------------

Rinn-chan's meowiness

----><-----

~
Shiny (click to show)

♥♥♥
+Quote Post

Klavier Gavin
post Jul 5 2009, 09:41 AM
Post #58

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 22 223

Active Squad

QUOTE(Zeoia @ Jul 3 2009, 01:43 PM) *
I thought my Golbat description was funny, but that might just be 'cause I'm old and easily amused by nostalgic things.

Pokemon Nickname: Batty
Personalized description:
Yo, the name is Batty
The logic is erratic,
Potato in a jacket,
Toys in the attic,
I rock and I ramble,
My brain is scrambled,
Rap like an animal but I'm a mammal

I been brain-fried, electrified, infected and injectified,
Vivosectified and fed pesticides,
My face is all cut up,
Cos my radar's all shut up
Nurse I need a check-up from the neck up,
I'm Batty

Omg the Battty Rap x3
I used to love Fern Gully. Well, I still do but I haven't seen it in years noes.gif

As far as funny descriptions...uhm..
I can't remember where but I once saw a Brave natured Flygon with the desc "His nature is a lie."
+Quote Post

Kitten
post Jul 5 2009, 09:45 AM
Post #59

Cute Pokemon Lover
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 7 632

Can't Hug Every Cat

Mine for my Tauros says this:

Often found in flower fields and gardens tearing up the land and breaking Miltanks hearts. Xerces is fond of having more than one partner Miltank at a time. What a player! >:

--------------------

+Quote Post

SoraAK
post Jul 5 2009, 06:51 PM
Post #60

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Newbies
Member No.: 22 022

BLUE SQUAD, GO!

QUOTE(NTrinnu2 @ Jul 5 2009, 02:08 AM) *
QUOTE(Whatura @ Jul 3 2009, 10:53 AM) *

What is the reference??

Pinky and the Brain. Do I get a cookie?

Unfortunately I haven't come across many Pokémon with much of a description, if any. All of the ones you guys have posted are great, though! Keep writing those descriptions so I don't go back to feeling like I'm the only one. wink.gif
All of my darlings have descriptions, mostly just their personalities and nothing too funny... Some of them in particular make me giggle, though.

Like the description of Epic, my brave Cyndaquil; that might be mainly because he reminds me of my randomly created super hero-self. He should be my side-kick or something.

Epic fancies himself a hero and often tries to prove that he is one by helping whomever he thinks needs it, although often they don't need it. And when they actually do- well, sadly he has a very short attention span and is easily distracted. He possesses a mix of extreme bravery and extreme stupidity.

I just keep picturing him being distracting by a pretty little butterfly while some person is screaming for help in the background.
My bold Smeargle, Grace Kelly (named after the Mika song which I love, rather than the real person who I don't really know anything about), also amuses me. Smeargles are so tragically useless in the games due to stats and what-not but I still love them and enjoy making characters out of them.

As a graffiti artist, Grace Kelly is always looking for a good place to paint her art. Unfortunately, her location choices often cause her to get in trouble with "the man" *coughmorelikeiratelandownerscough*. She's very quirky and often talks about being repressed; also seems to be teeny bit of a conspiracy theorist.

Floyd, my docile Rotom, came out adorable I think.

Floyd's one wish is to be helpful. Sadly for Floyd people are often scared when they see him and tend to either run away or throw things at him; both things make Floyd very sad. Unless they were throwing peanuts or something at Floyd; Floyd likes peanuts. Floyd is an odd little guy with questionable mentality but at least he's very nice and friendly. Oh, and he talks in first person, which is why I've been saying his name so much.

XD I don't know what's up with the peanuts bit.

Oh, and my Mom laughed when she read my Pichu Lapin's description, but I'm getting tired of pasting the descriptions here. It's not like they're that hard to find.

Edit: Oh, and I like the description on Glory, my female Riolu, simply because she seems so different than the Riolu characters I normally see...

--------------------

Click my darlings, please~♥. I click back, of course.

And here's my dragons! Just visiting each of their pages will make them happy, no further clicking required; so just click on them!
+Quote Post

18 Pages V  < 1 2 3 4 5 > » 
Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 04:38 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.