Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Which Dark Type for Emerald?, A choice I can't make alone
Which Dark-Type should I use?
Which Dark-Type Guys?
Absol [ 5 ]  [62.50%]
Cacturne [ 1 ]  [12.50%]
Crawdaunt [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Mightyena [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Sharpedo [ 2 ]  [25.00%]
Shiftry [ 0 ]  [0.00%]
Total Votes: 8
Guests cannot vote 

Dorito Ninja
post Feb 22 2013, 05:09 PM
Post #1

Don't touch my Doritos!!!
Group Icon

Group: Banned
Member No.: 90 053

My Team of Awesumness

Hey guys, I recently downloaded Emerald for a nice replay on my game-boy emulator, and pretty much have my team decided for the game. However one important decision eludes me; Which Dark-Type Pokemon I should choose? I've got 6 Choices in mind:

The Straight Dark-Types: Mightyena and Absol - While Absol has the highest Attack of the bunch, and is a fan favorite it doesn't really balance its stats out like Mightyena does, and I usually prefer more rounded Pokemon instead of one with one high stat and really low other stats.

The Grass/Dark-Types: Cacturne and Shiftry - Shiftry is a really good speedster with good health, Cacturne has great Dual-Attack which covers both his types, while their defenses are equal. However I'm deciding on whether I should use a Hariyama, Heracross, or Breloom for my Fighting-type. If I pick Breloom I'll probably not use these two.

The Water/Dark-Types: Sharpedo and Crawdaunt - These two are twow of my favorite Pokemon, so I'm really not too sure about how to pick them. While Crawdaunt is a bit of a tank with good defenses and great attack. Sharpedo switches defense for the best speed of the 6, making him what I've heard in strategy terms as a 'Glass Cannon', which I find intriguing. Plus since I'm also using Swampert and Walrein (One for the Ground attacks and the other for Ice so I can kill pesky Dragons), I could give each one an HM move (Waterfall, Dive and Surf) so one doesn't become an HM Slave.

So yeah, It's really confusing me so far. Which is why I turn to you for advice, my fellow GTSers. Leave a comment with your choice and explanation below.

Thanks in Advance!

Dorito Ninja

NB: For anyone wondering what the rest of my team will be, here they are:

Swampert
Altaria
Manectric
Magcargo/Torkoal
Heracross/Hariyama/Breloom

--------------------
DON'T TOUCH MY DORITOS (click to show)

Current Active RPs:
Hope's Peak Academy (Not started yet, needs 3 more characters.)
Moths to a Flame...(Active)

You see a robber in your house ready to steal all your stuff.
60% would silently call the police for help.
25% would let them go.
15% would grab the nearest weapon and beat the living day lights out of the robber.
Copy this into your sig if you are in that 15%

Quizzes and Things (click to show)
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Cinto
post Feb 26 2013, 02:09 AM
Post #2

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 185 285

Who Am I?

While my immediate reply was ABSOL ABSOL ABSOL!! <3, that probably isn't the best choice in the long run. (Speaking from experience...while a Lv 100 Absol great against the E4, it "absol-utely" sucks in the Battle Tower.)

Mightyena, personally, I groan whenever it comes around and Intimidates me, but that's probably just a personal problem.

I've always favored defense over speed, but Giga Drain and stuff is cool too. Do either of those grass types ever get um...what was it...the ability that ups speed in the sun? Forgot its name.

This isn't the most relevant, but I think if you use Shiftry/Cacturne, you should go with Heracross. I know that would mean using two units weak to Fire, but I had a Heracross once that was only lv 40 yet could usually take three Fire Blasts before finally croaking.

Sorry if this wasn't too helpful, I don't really battle competitively.

--------------------
+Quote Post

The Shadow
post Feb 27 2013, 07:50 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Champion
Group Icon

Member No.: 79 425

My Dream Team

I might have to tell you a little of my favorites here cat.gif

You team should be such

Swampert
Altaria
Manectric
Torkoal
Breloom
Sharpedo/Absol

Either one would be fine, but mostly stick to that team for some really good balance.

Although, you could always take that Altaria away for a Salamence/Flygon cat.gif

--------------------

Wanna dance? (click to show)
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Feb 27 2013, 08:36 PM
Post #4

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

Absol or Mightyena, I say. Why? You already have a Swampert, and a Breloom.

A Breloom is bug, but he also can learn grass type moves. Don't get another grass type in when you can have a Pokemon that already could learn grass type moves. So, I say no Cacturns or Shiftrees, unless you have a different fighting type.

A Swampert is mainly water type, allowing him to learn wate type moves, like surf and junk. A Sharpedo or Crawdawnt are also mainly water types after dark, so that would basically be having two water types on your team, which I find a waste. The same goes for the Breloom and Cacturns thingie.

If you had a Mightyena or Absol, you would have a new main type on your team, and I find that a better reason to have them on your team.

And at Shad: He was correct to have Altaria.

This post has been edited by Quomimi: Feb 27 2013, 08:37 PM
+Quote Post

BluefootTheWarri...
post Feb 27 2013, 08:45 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 192 137

Best team Evah!

There's a reason why Absol is 75% . . . . .

Personally, Absol; Umbreon; and Mightyena are my FAVORITE dark type pokemon.

--------------------
Click Mine and I'll click yours!!
+Quote Post

Quomimi
post Feb 27 2013, 08:56 PM
Post #6

Nerd
Group Icon

Member No.: 101 034

Babys <3

Rather to edit, I say Mightyena. Poochyena is easy to get from the start, and grows stronger easily. Absol on the other hand you can't get until Fortree City.
+Quote Post

Shiny Caterpie
post Apr 2 2013, 04:18 PM
Post #7

Shiny Pokémon
Group Icon

Member No.: 190 836

Active Squad

Absol was pretty cool and it has decent stats.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 28th March 2024 - 07:52 PM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.