Welcome Guest ( Log In · Register · Change Skins )
Global PokedeX Plus
Lab · Shelter · Main · Dex · PC · Shop · Stats · Help · Rules · Users Online · IRC Chat
GPX+ GPXPlus Forums Member Options
X   Site Message
(Message will auto close in 2 seconds)

Read before you post!

Please make sure to check the GPX+ Help Page before posting!

The GPX+ Help Page has a wealth of information. Please help prevent clutter in this forum by first checking the Help Page before you post a thread.

Reply to this topicStart new topic
Question regarding gen 6 sprites
Tazzay
post May 25 2015, 09:01 PM
Post #1

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: +Donors
Member No.: 167 244

Active Squad

I was advised to post here about this specific question, and I thought it wouldn't hurt to ask.

I've noticed that a lot of the gen 6 sprites look a bit.... "off" from others. A handful look like they are direct sprites from the games (specially mega Absol, damn I want one really bad), though the large difference between some sprites sort of cuts the enjoyment of collecting the gen 6 pokemon for me. Don't get me wrong though, they are all nice, kudos to those who made them.

But what I came in here for is to ask - are the site mods/admins willing to accept new or updated sprites for gen 6 pokemon?

I'm an artist and a spriter in my spare time, I make pixel dragons for a few sites (DragonCave.net being one of them) and others just for pure enjoyment. I've done several gen 6 sprites of my own, and would be willing to let them be used on GPX+ if the admins want to.

Other than that, just a simple question I wanted to ask. If admins/mods want examples of my pixel work feel free to PM me and I can compile a list of them for you!
Go to the top of the page
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post May 25 2015, 09:50 PM
Post #2

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Nope, we do not accept art from anyone who is not a member of the staff. The differences between the sprites usually have to do with the fact that different artists made them, and while some may look more polished than others, they will only be changed if the original artist wants an update of them.

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Tazzay
post May 25 2015, 09:56 PM
Post #3

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Member No.: 167 244

Active Squad

Ah, that's a shame. Usually a lot of sites i'm on accept artists as a separate member group to staff and are usually the ones to make art for sites. Oh well.
+Quote Post

Synx Itax
post May 25 2015, 10:45 PM
Post #4

A learning vessel of several lessons to make me more clever.
Group Icon

Member No.: 23 405

My Loves

Well, we have a Contributor group that is still part of staff but mainly deals with art/writing and stuff like that. However, that group isn't something you apply for (except if there are actual applications); we have to be in need of artists and reach out to them personally.

Your best bet is to just post your sprites or any other art in the art subforum so that you can show some of it. happy.gif

--------------------

Check my GPXPlus journal to see what I contributed to the site!

Interested in a commission? PM me.
+Quote Post

Innocence Exorci...
post Jun 10 2015, 08:55 PM
Post #5

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Group: Members
Member No.: 101 530

Active Squad

That sprite needing changing now, without being held up by this red tape. It flat out stinks and needs a better, clearer sprite to replace it.

I am gonna edit it a bit for a little bit more reasoning.

Try contacting the artist. If the artist will change it, then yippee. If the artist refuses, you need to tell them it does need to be changed. As small as Klefki may be in the game, it doesn't make sense to do that to Klefki, but pokemon like Roserade get normal, non-small, non-fuzzy sprites. Heck, if we went by scale, Wailord needs to take up half a page. We need some consistency with the sprites.

This post has been edited by Innocence Exorcist: Jun 10 2015, 09:18 PM
+Quote Post

Amberfunk
post Jun 10 2015, 10:29 PM
Post #6

Gym Leader
Group Icon

Member No.: 105 850

Beautiful Change

QUOTE(Innocence Exorcist @ Jun 10 2015, 08:55 PM) *
That sprite needing changing now, without being held up by this red tape. It flat out stinks and needs a better, clearer sprite to replace it.

Try contacting the artist. If the artist will change it, then yippee. If the artist refuses, you need to tell them it does need to be changed. As small as Klefki may be in the game, it doesn't make sense to do that to Klefki, but pokemon like Roserade get normal, non-small, non-fuzzy sprites. Heck, if we went by scale, Wailord needs to take up half a page. We need some consistency with the sprites.

I find this to be extremely rude. How would you feel if you had made something for the site and were told that it needed changing? Everyone who worked on the sprites worked very hard and did a wonderful job. You shouldn't put down something that you do not like.

--------------------

Credits (click to show)
+Quote Post

nitrodog96
post Jun 10 2015, 10:38 PM
Post #7

bewm
Group Icon

From: In a burning ring of fire, channeling the power of the flames.
Member No.: 61 870

Platinum Team

Honestly, I noticed that the Klefki sprite looked a little fuzzy myself, but... yeah, if it's possible to get an update for it, I'd advocate it with whatever change I can make, which is zero at the moment.

But yeah, Wailord is massive. But if Wailord only takes up half a page, then Abra would be around its current size and Igglypuff would be around two-thirds of the current. Anything smaller would be awkward.

EDIT: Then again, the games don't exactly have the sprites to scale.

This post has been edited by nitrodog96: Jun 10 2015, 10:39 PM

--------------------
I used to be Cyogre, ILoveTaillowHesCute, TaillowIsCuteAndCool, Tart Spop, Tartius Spopius, Tartii, King of the Eevees and MasteroftheFlames. If you know me under any of those names, yeah, that's me.

In-Game Teams (click to show)

Hoping to get Social Networking! I'd really appreciate an add.

Arcanine! (click to show)

Miscellaneous (click to show)

Credits (click to show)

+Quote Post

Innocence Exorci...
post Jun 10 2015, 10:57 PM
Post #8

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

QUOTE(Amberfunk @ Jun 10 2015, 11:29 PM) *
QUOTE(Innocence Exorcist @ Jun 10 2015, 08:55 PM) *

I find this to be extremely rude. How would you feel if you had made something for the site and were told that it needed changing? Everyone who worked on the sprites worked very hard and did a wonderful job. You shouldn't put down something that you do not like.

I am not dancing around anyones feelings. I mean, all the other sprites look good, this one was done a little wonky and needs a bit of correcting. There is no reason to sit in silence just to try to be grateful for something some people think needs a tweak.
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jun 11 2015, 09:09 AM
Post #9

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

I'm a blunt person myself, and yes, I do think the Klefki sprite looks off when it's floating around in the Safari Zone, and yes, I'd be happier with more consistent sprites. I'm personally against the whole "be grateful for what you get / but consider the artist's feelings" attitude if it actually goes as far as trying to silence valid criticism and concerns.

Still, they don't "need" to do anything. We can tell them we're not happy with something, but it's ultimately a staff decision if they change things or not. I personally don't find it rude to point out flaws, even if it's not all nice and kind, but you don't get to tell staff what they need to do.

This post has been edited by Manah: Jun 11 2015, 09:10 AM

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Manah
post Jun 11 2015, 09:09 AM
Post #10

Made of random and Joltik love / Totally not a fangirl
Group Icon

Member No.: 6 080

Diamond Party

Edit: Clicked Reply instead of Edit again.

This post has been edited by Manah: Jun 11 2015, 09:10 AM

--------------------
Pokémon Moon FC: 0877-0881-6378 (Trainer name: June)

~
Buttons made by Arceus Awakened
+Quote Post

Innocence Exorci...
post Jun 11 2015, 09:12 AM
Post #11

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Well it is just my opinion that it needs to change. I am not trying to tell the staff what to do, but "need" is just part of my opinion of it. Staff does what the staff does, and I can't change that and I know that.

This post has been edited by Innocence Exorcist: Jun 11 2015, 11:02 AM
+Quote Post

Lord Raven
post Jun 11 2015, 03:41 PM
Post #12

i need something to put here
Group Icon

Group: Advisors
Member No.: 34

Active Squad

QUOTE(Amberfunk @ Jun 10 2015, 08:29 PM) *

While homeboy lacks tact, it's not inherently rude to comment on something that people do not consider good.

To answer your particular question: I'd feel curious.

--------------------
+Quote Post

Innocence Exorci...
post Jun 11 2015, 03:56 PM
Post #13

Pokémon Trainer
Group Icon

Active Squad

Yeah, I am sorry about that Raven. My converting thought to words tactfully process doesn't work right.
+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2024 - 02:31 AM
All content and images ©2007-2015 GPX.Plus and Shiny New Software, LLC. Powered By IPB 2.3.1 © 2024 IPS, Inc.
Optimal viewing in the latest version of Safari, Chrome, or Firefox, 1024x768+.